Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,562
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421752 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I wouldn't look at as violating scripture per se.
They way you're violating scripture however, is putting a false label on it.(Bible alone. Sola scripture)
Jesus never instructed anyone to put together a Christian bible. His Apostles never instructed anyone to put together a Christian Bible. No one they ordained instructed anyone to put together a Christian Bible.
The New Testament happened as a result of Catholic tradition and hierarchy.
If you are sinning, it would be because you're telling people that everything about Christianity is only found in the books the Church declared as canon. And you'd be sinning by manipulating those very words into a context that it was not written.
So you are saying they were "adding to the Word" by putting these writings together? They were sinning by putting this library of inspired books together??

Please feel free to correct me on any contextual issues. If I'm wrong I want to know I'm wrong. I don't want to blindly follow men telling me what I should believe!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421753 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
let me put it another way:
All of Catholicism is rooted in scripture. That's a fact.
Your error is in telling people that things need to an explicitly stated in scripture... word for word in detail... sorta like a constitution?
well, that's not how the scriptures were written and that's not the impression of scriptures that Christians had for 1600 yrs until Luther and Calvin invented sola scripture. And amazingly, you all on this thread swear by it, but do not agree on very very key Christian teachings..
But I am only doing as the Bible instructs. It tells me that if even an Angel tells me otherwise to disregard the Angel.

The Constitution is a VERY good example, thank you for that thought. Scripturally speaking, many things about the Catholic Church are 'unconstitutional'.. so to speak.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421754 Feb 11, 2013
People will call what ever they liked..are you going stop that or you are just jealous expression.

Many outside diploma without any religion have title with much more pride but they are not as you think without any error or corruption.
Did people call them with pleasure to be this or that or pride arrogance this and that..did they deserve many title as Godly too..noooooo.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421755 Feb 11, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
So -- the popoe is resigning...
The first pope to retire in 9 0 0 years.I thought one might have retired within the last 2-3 centuries,but facts say 900 years.He would do well to be taken care of by a buch of fussing older nuns.

I think the next Pope will be an Italian.WHY? Because the majority of the cardinals are Italian,and they have tolerated a non Italian for the last 40 years.I remember Pope John the 23rd,Pope Paul the sixth,the pope John Paul1 who died not long after his coronation,and of course Popejohn Paul2(Polish Pope),Pope Benedict (German Pope).

The RCC is very concerned about the re-Christianization of Europe,and politically it is paramount to them that Europe return to its strong Catholic roots,The Italian Cardinals all want to restructure the European Catholic Church that lost its grip two centuries ago.

Timothy Dolan,is the American Cardinal that most likely would be an embarrassment to the Italian Cardinals who are the majority in the Curia,but as the article said he has a 20-1 chance to be chosen or elected.There are the possibilities of both a Canadian and an Australian to be selected for nomination.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421756 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which scripture gives you the authority to call a priest Father? Isn't Father a name for God Almighty?? Besides your Biological father what man is worthy of that title, Holy Father?
To me personally the title Holy Father for the Pope is actually blasphemous.The Bible clearly states there is only O n e Father in Heaven,and Hed is called Holy. The Godhead is called H o l y,the Holy Father, the Holy Son,and the Holy Spirit.It is scary that Holy Father is attributed to the Pope.Really who has the right to give a man that title?Can you imagine that even some of the most wicked popes were called His holiness the Pope,our Holy Father the Pope.

The Ecumenical movement over the past 40-50 years has played down the title of Holy Father and Pontificus Maximus,but the truth is,the RCC is the organization that has declared the Papacy as the only true Vicar of Christ,with those titles,and there is no way that the Papacy will ever be anything less.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#421757 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe if the world didn't have 'career ministers' like yourself, more people would be Catholic. The horror you must go thru, realizing if your congregation learned you were lying in order to keep them where they are at, they might get up and leave.
You guys are very stubborn and ignorant. To be honest Confrint, I've never witnessed such a lopsided debate like what takes place on this thread. I think you all convinced yourselves you speak truth, so that helps your conscience I suppose... But anyone who looks at this can clearly see you've got no argument.
You wrote

To be honest Confrint, I've never witnessed such a lopsided debate like what takes place on this thread.

____

You see a lopsided debate ...because Truth will always take precedence over your conjecture...fables and lies...

You cannot stand against the truth.... any more than the enemies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ... could in the day that they stoned Stephen to death.

The Catholic Church showed the same spirit against the true Son's of God in the day's of the inquisition.

Your religious cult still reacts wit violence against the truth.as they did then..

only stoning is against the law in most countries...

Act 7:51 Ye stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Act 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Act 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Act 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Act 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

Act 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Act 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

in the years of the

#421758 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which scripture gives you the authority to call a priest Father? Isn't Father a name for God Almighty?? Besides your Biological father what man is worthy of that title, Holy Father?
~~~

Amen

Jesus said...

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421759 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I wouldn't look at as violating scripture per se.
They way you're violating scripture however, is putting a false label on it.(Bible alone. Sola scripture)
Jesus never instructed anyone to put together a Christian bible. His Apostles never instructed anyone to put together a Christian Bible. No one they ordained instructed anyone to put together a Christian Bible.
The New Testament happened as a result of Catholic tradition and hierarchy.
If you are sinning, it would be because you're telling people that everything about Christianity is only found in the books the Church declared as canon. And you'd be sinning by manipulating those very words into a context that it was not written.
Where did the cool uniforms come from?
I must say, you guys rock in the style department!!!! Sometimes I find myself expecting Darth Vader to show up at these fancy and important Catholic get togethers. He'd fit right in.

Can this pope keep his cool hat after he retires?

#421760 Feb 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
To be honest Confrint, I've never witnessed such a lopsided debate like what takes place on this thread.
____
You see a lopsided debate ...because Truth will always take precedence over your conjecture...fables and lies...
You cannot stand against the truth.... any more than the enemies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ... could in the day that they stoned Stephen to death.
The Catholic Church showed the same spirit against the true Son's of God in the day's of the inquisition.
Your religious cult still reacts wit violence against the truth.as they did then..
only stoning is against the law in most countries...
Act 7:51 Ye stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Act 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
Act 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
Act 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Act 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
Act 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Act 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
in the years of the
~~~

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and ==>the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

==>JESUS GAVE STEPHEN A STAND OVATION...<===

Just what do you think He will give to your pagan Constantine religious society?
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421761 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The statue of Mary at the Cathedral is more olive skin then not. She's definitely not a blond haired blue eyed depiction. Either way, people in all corners of the Earth will envision the Blessed Mother the way their particular culture is represented. In Mexico, She is clearly shown as one of them. Not a big deal since we don't have any actual photographs of her.
Regardless, you believe and teach the absurd accusation that she's being worshiped.
I wouldn't boast too much about the souls you're steering away from the Eucharist. I know and you know, you're using deception to do this. You can brain wash yourself all you want. I'm Catholic, and I know you're falsely accusing me. And God can see into your heart, and He know what you really know and what your pretending to know.
Good luck as you stand before Him to explain why you violated the 9th commandment to get people away from the Eucharist. Was it lack of education?
Or was it deliberate ignorance?
I am not leading anyone for the lies of the RCC the HOLY Spirit is.

To bow and prostate before an image or person is an act of worship.

To pray to someone who is not here, to call upon their name is an act of worship.

Acts of worship were defined biblically before Christianity existed before the first coming.

The RCC sect does not get to redefine worship some 2500 years or so after the fact so you can pretend you don't worship graven images.

Again when Jesus and the Apostles taught how to pray it is clearly demonstrated in the NT how we are too pray NOT one example of them praying to Saints or Christians in the here after why does ROME go beyond that which is written and in fact contradict OT and NT teachings and teach RC's sinful Idol worship.

To deny this is to deny the Sun rises in the EAST. It is that obvious and the fact RC's ignore this shows their real love is not of God and Spiritual things but of Men and Carnal things.

I am amazed If I took 2 dollars on the sly from your wallet you'd call it stealing.

If a Priest told you steal two dollars from me and to give it to the poor you would say its a tithe LOL and even as laughable as that sounds that truly is how pathetic you sound defending RC's bowing before statues made in someones imagination of what they think they look liked and bowing to them and calling on them to intercede for them and to ask them to forgive their sins in the hour of their death etc. etc. etc.

These are ACTS OF WORSHIP and to worship anyone or thing other than God is Idolatry according to the WORD of GOD.

You are with out excuse repent while you have time.

Truth Matters.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421762 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To me personally the title Holy Father for the Pope is actually blasphemous.The Bible clearly states there is only O n e Father in Heaven,and Hed is called Holy. The Godhead is called H o l y,the Holy Father, the Holy Son,and the Holy Spirit.It is scary that Holy Father is attributed to the Pope.Really who has the right to give a man that title?Can you imagine that even some of the most wicked popes were called His holiness the Pope,our Holy Father the Pope.
The Ecumenical movement over the past 40-50 years has played down the title of Holy Father and Pontificus Maximus,but the truth is,the RCC is the organization that has declared the Papacy as the only true Vicar of Christ,with those titles,and there is no way that the Papacy will ever be anything less.
And even with the prophetic warning in scripture people accept it. M I N D B L O W I N G !
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421763 Feb 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Amen
Jesus said...
Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
And check out those outfits the big shots wear! Does Matt. 23:12 speak to them? What would they say if I walked in wearing that get up?!

Think they'd stone me?
punk

Naperville, IL

#421764 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say, you guys rock in the style department!!!! Sometimes I find myself expecting Darth Vader to show up at these fancy and important Catholic get togethers. He'd fit right in.
I hear a black pope said he aint gonna wear that hat cause it looks too much like a kkk hat.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421765 Feb 11, 2013
punk wrote:
<quoted text>I hear a black pope said he aint gonna wear that hat cause it looks too much like a kkk hat.
I don't care who you are that's got to be funny!!

#421766 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not leading anyone for the lies of the RCC the HOLY Spirit is.
To bow and prostate before an image or person is an act of worship.
To pray to someone who is not here, to call upon their name is an act of worship.
Acts of worship were defined biblically before Christianity existed before the first coming.
The RCC sect does not get to redefine worship some 2500 years or so after the fact so you can pretend you don't worship graven images.
Again when Jesus and the Apostles taught how to pray it is clearly demonstrated in the NT how we are too pray NOT one example of them praying to Saints or Christians in the here after why does ROME go beyond that which is written and in fact contradict OT and NT teachings and teach RC's sinful Idol worship.
To deny this is to deny the Sun rises in the EAST. It is that obvious and the fact RC's ignore this shows their real love is not of God and Spiritual things but of Men and Carnal things.
I am amazed If I took 2 dollars on the sly from your wallet you'd call it stealing.
If a Priest told you steal two dollars from me and to give it to the poor you would say its a tithe LOL and even as laughable as that sounds that truly is how pathetic you sound defending RC's bowing before statues made in someones imagination of what they think they look liked and bowing to them and calling on them to intercede for them and to ask them to forgive their sins in the hour of their death etc. etc. etc.
These are ACTS OF WORSHIP and to worship anyone or thing other than God is Idolatry according to the WORD of GOD.
You are with out excuse repent while you have time.
Truth Matters.
~~~

Amen

God forbids the Necromancer and the practice of witchcraft...which the Roman Catholics practice in consulting the dead...

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a ==>necromancer <===

-->Necromancer <-- defined in Hebrew as used in Deu 18:11
H1875
&#1491;&#1468;&#15 12;&#1513;&#1473;
da&#770;rash
daw-rash'
A primitive root; properly to tread or frequent; usually to follow (for pursuit or search); by implication to seek or ask; specifically to worship:- ask, X at all, care for, X diligently, inquire, make inquisition,[necro-] mancer, question, require, search, seek [for, out], X surely.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421767 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking for an argument. I'm trying to open eyes and ears to truth.
If this topix maze were easier to navigate through I would go back to find the questions I've asked.
One recent question I asked you was why you would accept the name of Father from the members of the Catholic Church? How can that be justified and not be in DIRECT violation of the scriptures?
Rather than type all the arguuments and counter-arguments, here is a quick link for you.

Once you have taken a look, any question you may still have, or ANY POINT YOU WISH TO DISPUTE (assuming good faith, of course, which you have to admit is generosity on my part) would be most welcome.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-fa...

The quickest answer in my own words would be that we are not to attribute to ANYONE what we should attribute to God alone.

I have once been called "God," and once "Jesus." Both times, I had a visceral reaction, and made pains to explain to the children who were confused that God is in Heaven, and I am NOT Him.

There ARE those who have taken for themselves what belongs to God. Sun Yung Moon was one, and Jim Jones was another. I am sure they are not unique examples.

I don't really care what people call me. Most adults I encourage to call me by my first name.((My exception to this is in the jail, where I insist on a ritle of respect, because it does not serve the inmates to continue to fail to recognize authority. They need to recognize it, and quickly, or they will have some serious peoblems relatingto the D.O.'s.) My experience with most of my brother priests is the same. It's not a point of Catholic doctrine ... I don't believe it appears ANYWHERE in the CCC, but rather, a title of affection and respect that has grown amongs the people abd their pastors, much like the relationship of Paul and Timothy.

Anti-Catholics seeem to feel they have found the pot of gold in this one. My response is that, if it were essential to the Catholic faith, they WOULD have the pot if gold they so deperately desire.

But if every Catholic stopped using e title "father" tomorrow, the faith of the Church and its Teaching would be completely unaffected.

I consider a difference that makes no diference to be no difference.

YMMV.

Rob
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421768 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting question.

We have never ad a retired pope in the age of modern papal vestments.

I know a retired bishop retains his mitre (you would call it his pointy hat), but I do not think a retired bishop carriesva crozier ( Sheperd-staff.)

.(I am going to have to look this up.)

It could be that he will continue with a white zucgetto (sp?) after retirement, or go to the red one worn by cardinals ( as he still is, technically,,), o adopt a color that signifies he retirement.(Grey?)

It'll all be very interesting.

Rob
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421769 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina, did you survive the Blizzard? Obviously yes. lol
Its amazing when Catholics leave this thread for a few hrs, they all turn on each other like pesky demons. Devouring each other.
Of course, when we return, their focus is back on us; trying to appear united while masquerading as real Christians.
You should take the priest's advice Clay,because you have been on here a long time,and you must be exhausted.Actually I think you are the more sincere of Catholics on this thread.

The reason why I have stayed on this thread is because all of the posters here are trying hard to offend each other.To disagree with a person is one thing,but the fanfare of remarks and insinuations does close the door on any possible understanding that could be made.

Saban Fan seems genuine to me,and your dialogue with that person could eventually give some understanding as to how your organization truly operates.He or she perhaps is wondering whether there is some truth or validity in Roman Catholicism,no hostility is in his postings(her?).

I am personally trying to remain open-minded,yes I come on strong at times,it is an observation of both seeing history and the present in a small lens.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#421770 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To me personally the title Holy Father for the Pope is actually blasphemous.The Bible clearly states there is only O n e Father in Heaven,and Hed is called Holy. The Godhead is called H o l y,the Holy Father, the Holy Son,and the Holy Spirit.It is scary that Holy Father is attributed to the Pope.Really who has the right to give a man that title?Can you imagine that even some of the most wicked popes were called His holiness the Pope,our Holy Father the Pope.
http://www.catholic-convert.com/2012/08/08/to...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421771 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than type all the arguuments and counter-arguments, here is a quick link for you.
Once you have taken a look, any question you may still have, or ANY POINT YOU WISH TO DISPUTE (assuming good faith, of course, which you have to admit is generosity on my part) would be most welcome.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-fa...
The quickest answer in my own words would be that we are not to attribute to ANYONE what we should attribute to God alone.
I have once been called "God," and once "Jesus." Both times, I had a visceral reaction, and made pains to explain to the children who were confused that God is in Heaven, and I am NOT Him.
There ARE those who have taken for themselves what belongs to God. Sun Yung Moon was one, and Jim Jones was another. I am sure they are not unique examples.
I don't really care what people call me. Most adults I encourage to call me by my first name.((My exception to this is in the jail, where I insist on a ritle of respect, because it does not serve the inmates to continue to fail to recognize authority. They need to recognize it, and quickly, or they will have some serious peoblems relatingto the D.O.'s.) My experience with most of my brother priests is the same. It's not a point of Catholic doctrine ... I don't believe it appears ANYWHERE in the CCC, but rather, a title of affection and respect that has grown amongs the people abd their pastors, much like the relationship of Paul and Timothy.
Anti-Catholics seeem to feel they have found the pot of gold in this one. My response is that, if it were essential to the Catholic faith, they WOULD have the pot if gold they so deperately desire.
But if every Catholic stopped using e title "father" tomorrow, the faith of the Church and its Teaching would be completely unaffected.
I consider a difference that makes no diference to be no difference.
YMMV.
Rob
I will read this link. I do appreciate your answer and respect your opinion.

This "difference" seems to be fulfilling a prophesy. That in and of itself to me seems to be a *big difference* because it was important enough to be mentioned as a warning in the inspired scriptures.

I'm headed to the link now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 hr KidlatNgayon 84
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••