Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,886
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421761 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The statue of Mary at the Cathedral is more olive skin then not. She's definitely not a blond haired blue eyed depiction. Either way, people in all corners of the Earth will envision the Blessed Mother the way their particular culture is represented. In Mexico, She is clearly shown as one of them. Not a big deal since we don't have any actual photographs of her.
Regardless, you believe and teach the absurd accusation that she's being worshiped.
I wouldn't boast too much about the souls you're steering away from the Eucharist. I know and you know, you're using deception to do this. You can brain wash yourself all you want. I'm Catholic, and I know you're falsely accusing me. And God can see into your heart, and He know what you really know and what your pretending to know.
Good luck as you stand before Him to explain why you violated the 9th commandment to get people away from the Eucharist. Was it lack of education?
Or was it deliberate ignorance?
I am not leading anyone for the lies of the RCC the HOLY Spirit is.

To bow and prostate before an image or person is an act of worship.

To pray to someone who is not here, to call upon their name is an act of worship.

Acts of worship were defined biblically before Christianity existed before the first coming.

The RCC sect does not get to redefine worship some 2500 years or so after the fact so you can pretend you don't worship graven images.

Again when Jesus and the Apostles taught how to pray it is clearly demonstrated in the NT how we are too pray NOT one example of them praying to Saints or Christians in the here after why does ROME go beyond that which is written and in fact contradict OT and NT teachings and teach RC's sinful Idol worship.

To deny this is to deny the Sun rises in the EAST. It is that obvious and the fact RC's ignore this shows their real love is not of God and Spiritual things but of Men and Carnal things.

I am amazed If I took 2 dollars on the sly from your wallet you'd call it stealing.

If a Priest told you steal two dollars from me and to give it to the poor you would say its a tithe LOL and even as laughable as that sounds that truly is how pathetic you sound defending RC's bowing before statues made in someones imagination of what they think they look liked and bowing to them and calling on them to intercede for them and to ask them to forgive their sins in the hour of their death etc. etc. etc.

These are ACTS OF WORSHIP and to worship anyone or thing other than God is Idolatry according to the WORD of GOD.

You are with out excuse repent while you have time.

Truth Matters.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421762 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To me personally the title Holy Father for the Pope is actually blasphemous.The Bible clearly states there is only O n e Father in Heaven,and Hed is called Holy. The Godhead is called H o l y,the Holy Father, the Holy Son,and the Holy Spirit.It is scary that Holy Father is attributed to the Pope.Really who has the right to give a man that title?Can you imagine that even some of the most wicked popes were called His holiness the Pope,our Holy Father the Pope.
The Ecumenical movement over the past 40-50 years has played down the title of Holy Father and Pontificus Maximus,but the truth is,the RCC is the organization that has declared the Papacy as the only true Vicar of Christ,with those titles,and there is no way that the Papacy will ever be anything less.
And even with the prophetic warning in scripture people accept it. M I N D B L O W I N G !
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421763 Feb 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Amen
Jesus said...
Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
And check out those outfits the big shots wear! Does Matt. 23:12 speak to them? What would they say if I walked in wearing that get up?!

Think they'd stone me?
punk

Naperville, IL

#421764 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the cool uniforms come from?
I must say, you guys rock in the style department!!!! Sometimes I find myself expecting Darth Vader to show up at these fancy and important Catholic get togethers. He'd fit right in.
Can this pope keep his cool hat after he retires?
I hear a black pope said he aint gonna wear that hat cause it looks too much like a kkk hat.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421765 Feb 11, 2013
punk wrote:
<quoted text>I hear a black pope said he aint gonna wear that hat cause it looks too much like a kkk hat.
I don't care who you are that's got to be funny!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#421766 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not leading anyone for the lies of the RCC the HOLY Spirit is.
To bow and prostate before an image or person is an act of worship.
To pray to someone who is not here, to call upon their name is an act of worship.
Acts of worship were defined biblically before Christianity existed before the first coming.
The RCC sect does not get to redefine worship some 2500 years or so after the fact so you can pretend you don't worship graven images.
Again when Jesus and the Apostles taught how to pray it is clearly demonstrated in the NT how we are too pray NOT one example of them praying to Saints or Christians in the here after why does ROME go beyond that which is written and in fact contradict OT and NT teachings and teach RC's sinful Idol worship.
To deny this is to deny the Sun rises in the EAST. It is that obvious and the fact RC's ignore this shows their real love is not of God and Spiritual things but of Men and Carnal things.
I am amazed If I took 2 dollars on the sly from your wallet you'd call it stealing.
If a Priest told you steal two dollars from me and to give it to the poor you would say its a tithe LOL and even as laughable as that sounds that truly is how pathetic you sound defending RC's bowing before statues made in someones imagination of what they think they look liked and bowing to them and calling on them to intercede for them and to ask them to forgive their sins in the hour of their death etc. etc. etc.
These are ACTS OF WORSHIP and to worship anyone or thing other than God is Idolatry according to the WORD of GOD.
You are with out excuse repent while you have time.
Truth Matters.
~~~

Amen

God forbids the Necromancer and the practice of witchcraft...which the Roman Catholics practice in consulting the dead...

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a ==>necromancer <===

-->Necromancer <-- defined in Hebrew as used in Deu 18:11
H1875
&#1491;&#1468;&#15 12;&#1513;&#1473;
da&#770;rash
daw-rash'
A primitive root; properly to tread or frequent; usually to follow (for pursuit or search); by implication to seek or ask; specifically to worship:- ask, X at all, care for, X diligently, inquire, make inquisition,[necro-] mancer, question, require, search, seek [for, out], X surely.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421767 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking for an argument. I'm trying to open eyes and ears to truth.
If this topix maze were easier to navigate through I would go back to find the questions I've asked.
One recent question I asked you was why you would accept the name of Father from the members of the Catholic Church? How can that be justified and not be in DIRECT violation of the scriptures?
Rather than type all the arguuments and counter-arguments, here is a quick link for you.

Once you have taken a look, any question you may still have, or ANY POINT YOU WISH TO DISPUTE (assuming good faith, of course, which you have to admit is generosity on my part) would be most welcome.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-fa...

The quickest answer in my own words would be that we are not to attribute to ANYONE what we should attribute to God alone.

I have once been called "God," and once "Jesus." Both times, I had a visceral reaction, and made pains to explain to the children who were confused that God is in Heaven, and I am NOT Him.

There ARE those who have taken for themselves what belongs to God. Sun Yung Moon was one, and Jim Jones was another. I am sure they are not unique examples.

I don't really care what people call me. Most adults I encourage to call me by my first name.((My exception to this is in the jail, where I insist on a ritle of respect, because it does not serve the inmates to continue to fail to recognize authority. They need to recognize it, and quickly, or they will have some serious peoblems relatingto the D.O.'s.) My experience with most of my brother priests is the same. It's not a point of Catholic doctrine ... I don't believe it appears ANYWHERE in the CCC, but rather, a title of affection and respect that has grown amongs the people abd their pastors, much like the relationship of Paul and Timothy.

Anti-Catholics seeem to feel they have found the pot of gold in this one. My response is that, if it were essential to the Catholic faith, they WOULD have the pot if gold they so deperately desire.

But if every Catholic stopped using e title "father" tomorrow, the faith of the Church and its Teaching would be completely unaffected.

I consider a difference that makes no diference to be no difference.

YMMV.

Rob
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421768 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the cool uniforms come from?
I must say, you guys rock in the style department!!!! Sometimes I find myself expecting Darth Vader to show up at these fancy and important Catholic get togethers. He'd fit right in.
Can this pope keep his cool hat after he retires?
An interesting question.

We have never ad a retired pope in the age of modern papal vestments.

I know a retired bishop retains his mitre (you would call it his pointy hat), but I do not think a retired bishop carriesva crozier ( Sheperd-staff.)

.(I am going to have to look this up.)

It could be that he will continue with a white zucgetto (sp?) after retirement, or go to the red one worn by cardinals ( as he still is, technically,,), o adopt a color that signifies he retirement.(Grey?)

It'll all be very interesting.

Rob
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421769 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina, did you survive the Blizzard? Obviously yes. lol
Its amazing when Catholics leave this thread for a few hrs, they all turn on each other like pesky demons. Devouring each other.
Of course, when we return, their focus is back on us; trying to appear united while masquerading as real Christians.
You should take the priest's advice Clay,because you have been on here a long time,and you must be exhausted.Actually I think you are the more sincere of Catholics on this thread.

The reason why I have stayed on this thread is because all of the posters here are trying hard to offend each other.To disagree with a person is one thing,but the fanfare of remarks and insinuations does close the door on any possible understanding that could be made.

Saban Fan seems genuine to me,and your dialogue with that person could eventually give some understanding as to how your organization truly operates.He or she perhaps is wondering whether there is some truth or validity in Roman Catholicism,no hostility is in his postings(her?).

I am personally trying to remain open-minded,yes I come on strong at times,it is an observation of both seeing history and the present in a small lens.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#421770 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To me personally the title Holy Father for the Pope is actually blasphemous.The Bible clearly states there is only O n e Father in Heaven,and Hed is called Holy. The Godhead is called H o l y,the Holy Father, the Holy Son,and the Holy Spirit.It is scary that Holy Father is attributed to the Pope.Really who has the right to give a man that title?Can you imagine that even some of the most wicked popes were called His holiness the Pope,our Holy Father the Pope.
The Ecumenical movement over the past 40-50 years has played down the title of Holy Father and Pontificus Maximus,but the truth is,the RCC is the organization that has declared the Papacy as the only true Vicar of Christ,with those titles,and there is no way that the Papacy will ever be anything less.
http://www.catholic-convert.com/2012/08/08/to...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421771 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than type all the arguuments and counter-arguments, here is a quick link for you.
Once you have taken a look, any question you may still have, or ANY POINT YOU WISH TO DISPUTE (assuming good faith, of course, which you have to admit is generosity on my part) would be most welcome.
The quickest answer in my own words would be that we are not to attribute to ANYONE what we should attribute to God alone.
I have once been called "God," and once "Jesus." Both times, I had a visceral reaction, and made pains to explain to the children who were confused that God is in Heaven, and I am NOT Him.
There ARE those who have taken for themselves what belongs to God. Sun Yung Moon was one, and Jim Jones was another. I am sure they are not unique examples.
I don't really care what people call me. Most adults I encourage to call me by my first name.((My exception to this is in the jail, where I insist on a ritle of respect, because it does not serve the inmates to continue to fail to recognize authority. They need to recognize it, and quickly, or they will have some serious peoblems relatingto the D.O.'s.) My experience with most of my brother priests is the same. It's not a point of Catholic doctrine ... I don't believe it appears ANYWHERE in the CCC, but rather, a title of affection and respect that has grown amongs the people abd their pastors, much like the relationship of Paul and Timothy.
Anti-Catholics seeem to feel they have found the pot of gold in this one. My response is that, if it were essential to the Catholic faith, they WOULD have the pot if gold they so deperately desire.
But if every Catholic stopped using e title "father" tomorrow, the faith of the Church and its Teaching would be completely unaffected.
YMMV.
Rob
I will read this link. I do appreciate your answer and respect your opinion.

This "difference" seems to be fulfilling a prophesy. That in and of itself to me seems to be a *big difference* because it was important enough to be mentioned as a warning in the inspired scriptures.

I'm headed to the link now.

#421772 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And check out those outfits the big shots wear! Does Matt. 23:12 speak to them? What would they say if I walked in wearing that get up?!
Think they'd stone me?
The Word of God calls for a Change of Heart...

wearing special clothing does not Change the heart...

Mat_23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

___
The Change of the heart comes from being BORN OF THE SPIRIT

___
AND THIS IS THE INSTRUCTIONS....WAY TO BE BORN AGAIN,...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9

==> That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.<==

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

#421773 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting question.
We have never ad a retired pope in the age of modern papal vestments.
I know a retired bishop retains his mitre (you would call it his pointy hat), but I do not think a retired bishop carriesva crozier ( Sheperd-staff.)
.(I am going to have to look this up.)
It could be that he will continue with a white zucgetto (sp?) after retirement, or go to the red one worn by cardinals ( as he still is, technically,,), o adopt a color that signifies he retirement.(Grey?)
It'll all be very interesting.
Rob
IT appears that you pope has made a smart move...

He has made the decision to retire before he has come to the place

where they would euthanize him (as it is rumored) that has been done to

former popes...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421774 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't every Christian a Saint?
Yes Sir we have already gave them scripture for that as well.

God Bless
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421775 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad it has been a long time since we talked. It is good to hear from you. He is the first in over 600 years to retire. I felt that he was a good and holy Pope. I have been off the topix for a long time. I am now in SoCal and enjoying my granddaughters.
You are a long time coming. Glad to hear from you.I remember we had some good talks in the past.Do you still visit Orthodox services? Robert F. is on here often,he has decided to follow Jesus,and that is so obvious in his postings.I know we were all concerned that he might remain in Islam,or become a non-Christian.But he has embraced the Cross,and that speaks volumes.

Yes I remember you mentioning their baptisms. You will not stay here long though,it is quite hot here at times.But you know,that back years when you were on here a lot,personal jabbs and negative remarks ran supreme over good dialogue.Keep enjoying SoCa and your granddaughters.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421776 Feb 11, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
Stephen Ray is not the final word on this one Dust Storm.I venture to say that one day when God judges all things,the RCC will have to answer for giving such a title to a man,especially when in the line of Popes,there were men bearing that title and bringing open and secret shame to the whole body of Christ.

Being obstinate about giving a title to a man,does not put the fear of God into me,nor should it have given that Phillipino cause to back down.Stephen Ray had the last word there in such a gathering,but he will stand before the GOD who SEES and give account to the false teaching he gave to 2000 plus people.

Holy Father is given to the One and Only Holy Father,GOD who is omnipotent,and omnipresent.We do not need a world leader who is called Holy Father,as though he were the only intercessor between God and Man.That is another way to look at such a title.Vicar of Christ,the Middle man as it were between the Living God and man on earth.The Father,Christ His Son,and the Holy Spirit are more than capable of running the Church themselves.we all are wanting when we assume that mere men should be given the opportunity to be the Middle man with lofty titles,that will be a judgment in the end!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421777 Feb 11, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
here is where HE failed. knowing that soemthing should have been done, and he knew for decades, yet he did nothing.

which make his tenure a complete dismal failure and for that God will remember him at his day of judgement.

Yet his papacy will be forever intertwined with the sex abuse scandal.

Over the course of just a few months in 2010, thousands of people in Europe, Australia, South America and beyond came forward with reports of priests who raped and molested them as children, and bishops who covered up the crimes.

Recommend Tweet Personal Post .Documents revealed that the Vatican knew well of the problem yet turned a blind eye for decades, at times rebuffing bishops who tried to do the right thing.

Benedict had firsthand knowledge of the scope of the problem since his old office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith which he had headed since 1982, was responsible for dealing with abuse cases.

He met with victims across the globe, wept with them and prayed with them. He promised that the church must “do everything possible” to ensure such crimes never happen again. The Vatican updated its legal code to extend the statute of limitations for cases and told bishops’ conferences around the world to come up with guidelines to prevent abuse.

But Benedict never admitted any personal or Vatican failure. Much to the dismay of victims, he never took action against bishops who ignored or covered up the abuse of their priests or moved known pedophiles to new posts where they abused again.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421778 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
YMMV.
Rob
The feeling I have after reading the link is similar to the feeling I had after I received my first paycheck this year. I had felt cautiously assured that I would see no tax increase based on my salary level but after the first of the year the amount on my check decreased. After receiving the smaller check I once again hear that I've not experienced a tax increase.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421779 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, some would.
Remember that fool of a "minister" from a couplebyears ago, who was promoting a public burning of the Quran?
The State Department and the Pentagon had to beg him not to do this, because of the number of innocents who would likely die in the riots he was trying to incite.
I deal with Muslims from time to time in the city/county jail. Sometimes, they ask me to get them a Quran.
I have gone out of my way to learn the proper etiquette for this. I should not hold the Quran with just one hand, and ESPECIALLY not with just the left hand (which would be seen as a deliberate insult). Strictly speaking, I'm not supposed to touch it at all, but I cannot get around that, except that Muslim leaders have stated that a wrapped Quran may be touched by non-Muslims, if there is need. So I get a plastic wrapped Quran from the local mosque.
Why go to such trouble, if I do not believe in the Quran?
The princilpe is very simple. How would I want a Muslim chaplain, here or in any country, to treat a request for the Bible? Would I want him to show respect to the person who requested it, and be respectful in filling the request?
Of course I would.
Therefore, based in the teaching of Jesus,*I* should show the respect I would like shown the Bible.
If I gave an Imam a gift such as a Bible for his livrary, I would hope he would honor and respect my gift. If one gave me a Quran, I would honor and respect the gift. I don't know that I would kissthe book, but then, I don't have access to a group of experts in foreign relations and smbolism to advise me on how my response would play on international television, so I'm not about to criticize Benedict on this one.
Many of the folks here, on receiving the gift of a Quran from a devout Muslim, would spit upon it, throw it on the ground and grind it underfoot, or look for some other way to express their contemp.
By doing so, they woukd guarantee that at a minimum, one soul would be lost forever to Christ, and probably many.
They would feel proud, and Satan would no doubt be deeply proud of them.
But I am convinced Jesus would weep.
Rob
It was John Paul 2 who kissed the Qu'ran given to him by a leading Imam,@ the interfaith senate or composium in Assisi,Italy.

I would think that the advice to kiss the Qu'ran was really bad,he of course should accept the book,and treat it with reapsect as you said,you did in regards to Muslim prisoners in need of their book.A Christian prelate kissing any book of other religions does show that the prelate in fact supports that the religion and the book are valid before both the world and God.Kissing it shows an intimacy of reassuring full acceptance.

I would not desecrate the book,as I have one here in my home and used it as a resource.But I again would not k i s s it in front of a Muslim to give him or her the ultimate show of affection for such a contemptible false document.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#421780 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Stephen Ray is not the final word on this one Dust Storm.I venture to say that one day when God judges all things,the RCC will have to answer for giving such a title to a man,especially when in the line of Popes,there were men bearing that title and bringing open and secret shame to the whole body of Christ.
Being obstinate about giving a title to a man,does not put the fear of God into me,nor should it have given that Phillipino cause to back down.Stephen Ray had the last word there in such a gathering,but he will stand before the GOD who SEES and give account to the false teaching he gave to 2000 plus people.
Holy Father is given to the One and Only Holy Father,GOD who is omnipotent,and omnipresent.We do not need a world leader who is called Holy Father,as though he were the only intercessor between God and Man.That is another way to look at such a title.Vicar of Christ,the Middle man as it were between the Living God and man on earth.The Father,Christ His Son,and the Holy Spirit are more than capable of running the Church themselves.we all are wanting when we assume that mere men should be given the opportunity to be the Middle man with lofty titles,that will be a judgment in the end!
LOL...This is your idea of being open minded. You are such a phony. I couldnt stand you from the beginning because I saw right through you. Pope Benedict is a very humble man and he doesnt think he is God the Father but you can add that to your list of things you have you have never understood about the church that you are an expert on. Honestly I cant imagine a Catholic more clueless than you on the faith. Did you respond to his statement? No, you just rattled off a bunch of hostility that has nothing to do with your projections. Look up what the Jewish Encyclopedia says about binding and loosing. I have no intention of dealing with a windbag like you. Maybe you can mock your dead brother a little more being such a great Christian as you are it always seems to make you feel better. After all its Catholics who pick on the Protestants as you say you are all just balls of joy as can be seen. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE