Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,322)

Showing posts 406,421 - 406,440 of530,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
687 668 649
<quoted text>
You are not even close to the ball park where the game is being played!!!!!
Nowhere is "church" mentioned in those verses!!!! Hello???!!!
YES everyone is aware of your GAME and it has nothing to do with the CHURCH CHRIST Founded :P
My intent was to show you the Church in scripture not the term.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Many attackers outside as well inside attack Catholic Church.
Others is not better as they think.
They are not Jesus Christ too.
Many corupt organization trough world ruin much more life of many.Did someone try fix up them?..no if not why not!
Jesus Christ exist and his name is above all.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Adding to the word of God? I don't know what you're saying. Are you saying when Catholics go to Ash Wednesday Mass and receive the ash on our forehead - to remind us of our human mortality and to begin the 40 days of fasting before Easter, that we are adding to the word of God???
surely you see the significance of 40 days of fasting...
consider Daniel 9:3 "I turned to the Lord God, pleading in earnest prayer, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes"
"that day they fasted and wore sackcloth, they sprinkled ashes on their heads and tore their cloths"
Maccabees 3: 4-7
Wearing sackcloth will be very uncomfortable.

The question about "adding to the Word" can be best framed within the following scriptures:
1 Cor. 4:6
Prob. 30:5-6
2 John 1:9
Gal. 1:8
Can you give me an example or two of these warnings coming to fruition?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Adding to the word of God? I don't know what you're saying. Are you saying when Catholics go to Ash Wednesday Mass and receive the ash on our forehead - to remind us of our human mortality and to begin the 40 days of fasting before Easter, that we are adding to the word of God???
surely you see the significance of 40 days of fasting...
consider Daniel 9:3 "I turned to the Lord God, pleading in earnest prayer, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes"
"that day they fasted and wore sackcloth, they sprinkled ashes on their heads and tore their cloths"
Maccabees 3: 4-7
One more question. When I do not participate in Ash Wednesday and the 40 days of fasting, which scriptures am I violating?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
I wasn't always a practicing Catholic. I was ready to join any number of Christian sects.
Catholicism is so deep rooted in scripture its beautiful.
I advise you to check our claims against scripture. I also advise you to read the writings of the first Christians to see what they understood about Christianity. You'll see a remarkable similarity to Catholic teachings.
Wikipedia.org/Wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
scripturecatholic.com
-
-
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have much respect for the writings of many of the early Christians. There's quite a bit we can learn from their writings. Many of those early writings help us prove to atheists the validity of scripture.
I am however very wary of any of the teachings found within any writings that contradict scripture. We're warned that if even an Angel tries to teach you something that contradicts scripture to ignore it. I don't think the Spirit would've allowed that to be said unless it was A WARNING OF WHAT WOULD EVENTUALLY HAPPEN. HEED THAT WARNING.
-
Great post, Saban fan.

*A WARNING OF WHAT WOULD EVENTUALLY HAPPEN. HEED THAT WARNING.*

Absolutely! Just as Jesus himself WARNING his followers to Call No Man Your Father ...

God will NOT be MOCKED and they are directly mocking God and His Son when going against the words of Christ.

http://bible.cc/galatians/6-7.htm
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

We know who coming antichrist as they do before..all corupt organization as well nonbelievers did they are better..no.corupt ow-full.

Who call Jesus Christ name..and pray why you call people pagans Micle.

Maybe they are schizophrenic..farmaceutic evil company from nonbelievers you will find them too in great error with much more worse corupt deadly diploma.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you chose to ignore those two short questions. One was my asking you whether Jesus is a King? If so, what does He rule over?
If you're not comfortable answering the questions that's OK. We all know the answers to them. Therefore there is a Kingdom in place, currently.
I ignored them because they are not on this thread...if you want to...start a new thread...will be most happy to discuss your questions...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

in psalm 146 don't trust noble rule and so on..read better ..did they are better..find that organization on this planet which is not without great error..
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL who is this person that's also posting lies?
I looked at my Catholic calendar there's only a few this month [saints birthdays]....we remember birthdays just like you remember your loved ones that have passed on.
Or are you a JW [20th century church] that doesn't celebrate anything!!!??? Not even the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Calendar of Saints' Days

A Saint for everyday !!!!

http://www.startinbusiness.co.uk/hols/saints3...

Below is your saint for today.

February

Benedict of Aniane, Caedmon, Gregory II
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

One Of These Men Will Be The Next Pope
Apr. 19, 2012

His Eminence Timothy Michael Dolan

Position: Archbishop of New York

Reasons He'll Get Elected: He is perceived as one of the best and most gregarious communicators in the College of Cardinals.

www.businessinsider.com/meet-the-man-who-will...

Could be this guy to advance catholic united states plans.

The Jesuits and the Knights of Columbus work to "Make America Catholic"

Papal Rome has always stated her intention to make America Catholic... "Our work is to make America Catholic... and our hearts shall leap toward it with crusader enthusiasm." (Bishop Ireland, Baltimore Catholic Council, 1890)

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

So -- the popoe is resigning...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Corrupt media will help you add anything as well others who wrote many books..did they are correct or honest or wrote what they want as they liked..no they are not correct ..many books or encyclopedia this and that..wrote against many people tribe nation as well religion..they liked that you see as they wish as part of winning propaganda.

Jesus Christ name exist as well he is who will come.

now you have Antichrist movement like never before..as well miracle like never before..but its not Jesus Christ..no.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

From the Catholic Company

Lives of the Saints for Every Day in the Year

http://www.catholiccompany.com/lives-saints-e...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Great post, Saban fan.
*A WARNING OF WHAT WOULD EVENTUALLY HAPPEN. HEED THAT WARNING.*
Absolutely! Just as Jesus himself WARNING his followers to Call No Man Your Father ...
God will NOT be MOCKED and they are directly mocking God and His Son when going against the words of Christ.
http://bible.cc/galatians/6-7.htm
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
you're so blind Guest, you can't even see you're the one fulfilling this warning.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
One more question. When I do not participate in Ash Wednesday and the 40 days of fasting, which scriptures am I violating?
First of all, I wouldn't look at as violating scripture per se.

They way you're violating scripture however, is putting a false label on it.(Bible alone. Sola scripture)
Jesus never instructed anyone to put together a Christian bible. His Apostles never instructed anyone to put together a Christian Bible. No one they ordained instructed anyone to put together a Christian Bible.
The New Testament happened as a result of Catholic tradition and hierarchy.
If you are sinning, it would be because you're telling people that everything about Christianity is only found in the books the Church declared as canon. And you'd be sinning by manipulating those very words into a context that it was not written.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I ignored them because they are not on this thread...if you want to...start a new thread...will be most happy to discuss your questions...
:)
I'm being asked to leave? You just answered my questions for me...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
let me put it another way:
All of Catholicism is rooted in scripture. That's a fact.
Your error is in telling people that things need to an explicitly stated in scripture... word for word in detail... sorta like a constitution?
well, that's not how the scriptures were written and that's not the impression of scriptures that Christians had for 1600 yrs until Luther and Calvin invented sola scripture. And amazingly, you all on this thread swear by it, but do not agree on very very key Christian teachings..
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
One Of These Men Will Be The Next Pope
Apr. 19, 2012
His Eminence Timothy Michael Dolan
Position: Archbishop of New York
Reasons He'll Get Elected: He is perceived as one of the best and most gregarious communicators in the College of Cardinals.
www.businessinsider.com/meet-the-man-who-will...
Could be this guy to advance catholic united states plans.
The Jesuits and the Knights of Columbus work to "Make America Catholic"
Papal Rome has always stated her intention to make America Catholic... "Our work is to make America Catholic... and our hearts shall leap toward it with crusader enthusiasm." (Bishop Ireland, Baltimore Catholic Council, 1890)
Does his campaign have any yard signs or bumper stickers yet? How can I contribute?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
From the Catholic Company
Lives of the Saints for Every Day in the Year
http://www.catholiccompany.com/lives-saints-e...
Isn't every Christian a Saint?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you're so blind Guest, you can't even see you're the one fulfilling this warning.
Which scripture gives you the authority to call a priest Father? Isn't Father a name for God Almighty?? Besides your Biological father what man is worthy of that title, Holy Father?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,421 - 406,440 of530,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••