Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,037
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421712 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he would miss us,he'd have no one to tell his lies to.can't get him to answer a simple question,would he support the church like he does if a priest molested one of his children or even his wife?? WELL POPE HOJO WOULD YOU??
Hi Jethro....

Every news cast today CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, in Canada our CBC that spoke about the popes legacy, indicated the sexual abuse scandals that have rocked the church worldwide, the bishops butler stealing secret documents, the money laundering scandals, etc.

Everyone of those SCANDALS was caused by no one else but the leaders of the roman catholic church. The church that the catholics on here love so much.

They blamed the media, they blamed us, they blamed everyone but themselves.

Two weeks ago, Anthony said that the catholic church did the right thing by sending offending priests to medical care workers (psychiatrists).

.... NEVER ONCE! did any church leader during this time offer MEDICAL ASSISTANCE to the victim or their families. Never once did any of them ever dial 9-1-1 reporting a crime committed.

It was always the brave victims or their families.

Shame on all of them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421713 Feb 11, 2013
682 668 649
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>who do YOU think started this Chruch that God added to daily and do you consider Acts as being Scripture?
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
acts 2:47
Thanks for proving my words as being the undeniable truth...

Christ started not a Church....that word is not in Scripture!!!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421714 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he would miss us,he'd have no one to tell his lies to.can't get him to answer a simple question,would he support the church like he does if a priest molested one of his children or even his wife?? WELL POPE HOJO WOULD YOU??
I think you know the real answer. When he doesn't respond its obvious.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421715 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We've got lots of interesting things!
Lent is about fasting. Do they have fasting in your Bible?
Fasting is a good thing. We should keep it to ourselves and it can be anytime.

I don't know why there would be a specific date set aside for it. I've not read anything about the Ash Wednesday either.

What would a good Catholic consider to be "adding to the Word of God?" Is there an example you could give me?

Location hidden

#421716 Feb 11, 2013
687 668 649
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 66:1 This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?
Acts 7:48
Yet the most High dwells not in temples made with hands; as says the prophet,
Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.
2 Corinthians 5:1
King James Version (KJV)
5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

You are not even close to the ball park where the game is being played!!!!!

Nowhere is "church" mentioned in those verses!!!! Hello???!!!

Location hidden

#421717 Feb 11, 2013
599 485 418 388
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse and buggy is not good enough. Lets go back to the church/Kingdom established soon after the Jesus on the donkey days.
Go ahead....be my guest....but, when you get there you will still find that my info was not from Webster but from Strong's Lexicon defining the Greek word for church as found in Scripture.

Nothing will change that fact...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421718 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't always a practicing Catholic. I was ready to join any number of Christian sects.
Catholicism is so deep rooted in scripture its beautiful.
I advise you to check our claims against scripture. I also advise you to read the writings of the first Christians to see what they understood about Christianity. You'll see a remarkable similarity to Catholic teachings.
Wikipedia.org/Wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
scripturecatholic.com
I have much respect for the writings of many of the early Christians. There's quite a bit we can learn from their writings. Many of those early writings help us prove to atheists the validity of scripture.

I am however very wary of any of the teachings found within any writings that contradict scripture. We're warned that if even an Angel tries to teach you something that contradicts scripture to ignore it. I don't think the Spirit would've allowed that to be said unless it was a warning of what would eventually happen. Heed that warning.

Location hidden

#421719 Feb 11, 2013
703 603
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Jesus reign over the church?
Is Jesus a King?
That is not the current thread...this is:
basileia, properly, royalty, i.e.(abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):--kingdom,+ reign.

Does not show "church" as one of its definition.....I am not surprised!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421720 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
682 668 649
<quoted text>
U R A IDIOT.

is that WORD in the dictionary?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421721 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
599 485 418 388
<quoted text>
Go ahead....be my guest....but, when you get there you will still find that my info was not from Webster but from Strong's Lexicon defining the Greek word for church as found in Scripture.
Nothing will change that fact...
I'm sorry if I offended you by saying you quoted Webster when it was Strong. A nice sit down study with Strong's Concordance to determine the differences between the church and the Kingdom should prove eye opening!

Location hidden

#421722 Feb 11, 2013
Don't any Catholics read their pope approved NABre Bible...

Here is what it says about the word "church"...

There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Does anyone see this saying one thing about any Christianity denomination????!!!!!

Location hidden

#421723 Feb 11, 2013
720 682 668 649
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>U R A IDIOT.
is that WORD in the dictionary?
Don't play with sharp objects until you get help!!!!

This is speaking about Scripture...which, for your info, is found in the Sacred Word of God...

I am not discussing any words found or not found in the dictionary!!!!
Clay

United States

#421724 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fasting is a good thing. We should keep it to ourselves and it can be anytime.
I don't know why there would be a specific date set aside for it. I've not read anything about the Ash Wednesday either.
What would a good Catholic consider to be "adding to the Word of God?" Is there an example you could give me?
Adding to the word of God? I don't know what you're saying. Are you saying when Catholics go to Ash Wednesday Mass and receive the ash on our forehead - to remind us of our human mortality and to begin the 40 days of fasting before Easter, that we are adding to the word of God???
surely you see the significance of 40 days of fasting...

consider Daniel 9:3 "I turned to the Lord God, pleading in earnest prayer, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes"

"that day they fasted and wore sackcloth, they sprinkled ashes on their heads and tore their cloths"
Maccabees 3: 4-7

Location hidden

#421725 Feb 11, 2013
599 485 418 388
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry if I offended you by saying you quoted Webster when it was Strong. A nice sit down study with Strong's Concordance to determine the differences between the church and the Kingdom should prove eye opening!
Thanks for your kind words...

I have never used his Concordance...so I am in no position to argue the pros and cons to do so....
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421726 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
703 603
<quoted text>
That is not the current thread...this is:
basileia, properly, royalty, i.e.(abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):--kingdom,+ reign.
Does not show "church" as one of its definition.....I am not surprised!!!!!
I'm surprised you chose to ignore those two short questions. One was my asking you whether Jesus is a King? If so, what does He rule over?

If you're not comfortable answering the questions that's OK. We all know the answers to them. Therefore there is a Kingdom in place, currently.

United States

#421727 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Clay, those are the last things he wants.
Father Dye is right.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Bible specifically tells you not to call him Father you do it anyways.
???
Not only is it The Bible .. those are the very words of Christ, himself!

-

http://bible.cc/matthew/23-9.htm

New International Version (©1984)

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have ONE FATHER, and he is in heaven.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421728 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Don't any Catholics read their pope approved NABre Bible...
Here is what it says about the word "church"...
There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
Does anyone see this saying one thing about any Christianity denomination????!!!!!
It was the confession Peter gave that is the Rock upon which Christ would build his church. The confession, not Peter.

Location hidden

#421729 Feb 11, 2013
And....evidently no Catholics study their Encyclopedia!!!!

Here is what it says about "church"...

The term church (Anglo-Saxon, cirice, circe; Modern German, Kirche; Swedish, Kyrka) is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Does anybody see this talking about any Christian denomination????!!!!

United States

#421730 Feb 11, 2013
I guess the *Pope* knows more than Christ!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421731 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
682 668 649
<quoted text>
if U got a point to make, then make it and quit acting like a nerd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 12 pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••