Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675489 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#421946 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
What the Bible says about the Catholic Church
http://apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/...
This appears to be what someone named Moisés Pinedo says that the Bible says about the Catholic Church.

Moisés Pinedo is a 35 year old Peruvian preacher-translator who completed theological studies in the Bible School of Americas in Panama.

Do you follow this person?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421947 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and where would they get a sciptural predicate for the belief from?
Scripture.

The Bible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421948 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The papacy confers immortality and/or makes one immune from illness, NASL?
That's news.
No it doesn't so I am not sure where you are getting this information from. If it was just a question, I'm not sure on why you would think it is involved. It isn't.

Although, with a Pope dying in office after about 30 days, it is highly unlikely that he would have received all of the supposed information related to his office and then passed it along to the next Pope.

Just dying in office, shows that the "Apostolic Succession" was not completed.

Shoot, when an organization only uses a single person to justify this succession, they have limited the abilities of "God", especially when there were 13 Apostles, and the RCC only claims relevance with less than six.

So-called "Apostolic Succession" is bogus and only spun the way it is with gullible individuals like yourself, whom assume and think they understand the message perceived is the correct one.

Thanks for responding!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421949 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and where would they get a sciptural predicate for the belief from?
Ch. 12 of Revelation, also John 14:3.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421950 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture.
The Bible.
Really?

What book and chapter even comes close to this doctrine?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421951 Feb 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>

You see a lopsided debate ...because Truth will always take precedence over your conjecture...fables and lies...
You.ve got it ALL wrong again--Confrinting--which is "nothing new" in your case. The fact is---There is "NOTHING to debate--NOTHING to discuss and NOTHING to argue over! The ONLY "authoritative, authenticated and verifiable TRUTH comes from Jesus Christ and HIS One and ONLY--- PROVEN (without a doubt) to be TRUE --Universal Catholic Church --(the Bride of Christ). Your "bible only" half truth Christianity, has "absolutely NO BASIS" of biblical or historical truth to back up "anything that you say" It is a "man-made" doctrine of belief that was "never believe by ANYONE" until the 17th century. It is nothing more that an extension of the Protestant Reformation that is grounded on "personal opinionated self-interpretation" of the bible., The Only truth that you can even (lay claim to) is "Relative Truth" (whatever each person believes)--"is the the truth". That is why (since the (protestant reformation) there are now over 42,000+ inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting denomination of (personal opinion bible interpetations. Liberalism and political correctness has infected many of these 42,000 beliefs in various ways, supporting
abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, emboyonic stem cell research, women ministers, homosexual immorality and on and on and on--whichever way the next "political wind blows" ----God IS NOT, NOR EVER WILL BE, the author of your "bible only" Protestant confusion, chaos and heretical (half-truth) Christianity!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421952 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
my apologies...
doesn't change my post...man-made doctrine
You are right....man-made...there is no Scripture that supports that teaching...

She was not a virgin ever more...she did not ascend into Heaven...bodily...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421953 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
But, Clay didn't renounce nor deny the authority of scripture. Clay isn't bound to use ONLY scripture as the source of revealed teaching as that's not HIS belief-it's your belief.
He asked you to, using scripture, illustrate where scripture declares itself as authoritative to the exclusion of all else.
"Clay isn't bound to use ONLY scripture as the source of revealed teaching" Who gives Clay this authority?

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...

Location hidden

#421954 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It should have changed your post, since I indicated that there's a sciptural predicate for the belief.
Indicating scriptural support for this false teaching, and quoting that Scripture are two different things...there is no such Scripture to quote!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421955 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This appears to be what someone named Moisés Pinedo says that the Bible says about the Catholic Church.
Moisés Pinedo is a 35 year old Peruvian preacher-translator who completed theological studies in the Bible School of Americas in Panama.
Do you follow this person?
Are you going to attack the messenger or read the message? He doesn't wear one of those tall pointy hats in public to distinguish himself from among the common people, so you may wish to ignore him.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421956 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They did, and I did.
OK.

As they didn't stop there, and continued to fracture along the lines of private interpretation of scripture (even non-Catholic denominations have differeing beliefs on things like baptism, etc.), I'll say that denominationalism is the fault of man.

It occurs when an individual places his or her judgement of Holy Scripture as definitive without appeal. IF they get people to agree with them, there's your denomination.

Location hidden

#421957 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture.
The Bible.
You cannot quote Scripture to support this false teaching because there ain't none!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421958 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Clay isn't bound to use ONLY scripture as the source of revealed teaching" Who gives Clay this authority?
Christ, in Scripture, does this.

He founded the Church.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421959 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the sarcasm.
Someone still (I assume) declared the Church apostate, else you wouldn't have made it the fulcrum of your question.
Did someone? One of those you named?
That is a simple deflection and my answer would only give you a messenger to try to discredit.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421960 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're making a common error in assuming that Catholics subjugate Scripture to Church teaching.

They don't.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421961 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through Revelation 12 Dan. The Woman is Israel

John 14:3...seriously???

If the bible doesn't record Mary's death, how did the popes come up with the assumption?

Rev 12 is talking about Israel during the Tribulation...1,260 days. Jesus spoke of it in Matt 24:15
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421962 Feb 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't so I am not sure where you are getting this information from. If it was just a question, I'm not sure on why you would think it is involved. It isn't.
Although, with a Pope dying in office after about 30 days, it is highly unlikely that he would have received all of the supposed information related to his office and then passed it along to the next Pope.
Just dying in office, shows that the "Apostolic Succession" was not completed.
Shoot, when an organization only uses a single person to justify this succession, they have limited the abilities of "God", especially when there were 13 Apostles, and the RCC only claims relevance with less than six.
So-called "Apostolic Succession" is bogus and only spun the way it is with gullible individuals like yourself, whom assume and think they understand the message perceived is the correct one.
Thanks for responding!
Declaring apostolic succession "bogus" based on your hunch as to what JPI got handed isn't really definitive.

Thanks for responding.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421964 Feb 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully, you will adjourn and go to catholic forums also.on a one way ticket.this forum has been dead for several years, except no one forgot to bury it.
soon the sda and the campbellites can own it for their personal feuds and/or agreements with tony.lol
Is that Satan rearing his ugly head again this mornig.
Yes I believe it is.

Location hidden

#421965 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev 12...

Really silly!!!! That verse and Rev 12 supports the teaching that Mary ascended bodily into Heaven!!!!???? If that be so..they also supports the teaching that pigs fly!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421966 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to attack the messenger or read the message? He doesn't wear one of those tall pointy hats in public to distinguish himself from among the common people, so you may wish to ignore him.
He's your source.

I'm simply asking as to his authority on the subject at hand.

I looked through his work cited by you, and I'm getting his interpretation of Scripture.

Is his interpretation authoritative to anyone save himself (or you)?

I'm not attacking him. I simply don't know who he is and why you would present this piece to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Fri Joe 30
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 20 Rdclaw2000 10,517
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web