Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,445
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421700 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started you Church? If your Protestant there was a human that started it. It is a fact get used to it. God started the Catholic Church plain and simple.
JOHN wrote.

.....It is a fact get used to it. God started the Catholic Church plain and simple.

Michael says.....(lol) A church that no Jesus ever attended. A Jesus that never heard about Sunday worship or day of rest. Are there 2 different Sabbaths? The one in the bible and the one the catholic church cooked up.(lol)

300+ years before the church officially got off the ground! basing most of its customs/traditions from PAGANS who practiced these same elements 1,000 years before....COME ON!

below, see anything copycat here? Read it too...(lol)

http://pocm.info/

BUSTED!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421701 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
599 485 418 388
<quoted text>
You are still in the horse and buggy days!!!!
Not Webster....Strong's Lexicon defining the Greek word for church as found in Scripture...
Horse and buggy is not good enough. Lets go back to the church/Kingdom established soon after the Jesus on the donkey days.
Clay

United States

#421702 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it OK for me to ask another question?
Where can I read about Lent in the NT? Y'all have so many interesting things that they forgot to tell us in my Bible.
We've got lots of interesting things!

Lent is about fasting. Do they have fasting in your Bible?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421703 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
603 <quoted text>
basileia, properly, royalty, i.e.(abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):--kingdom,+ reign.
Does not show "church" as one of its definition.....I am not surprised!!!!!
Does Jesus reign over the church?
Is Jesus a King?
Clay

United States

#421704 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise you to study your Bible. You are a smart person. Make sure you are doing what your doing God's way not necessarily the 'Catholic' way. Test their beliefs to scripture. Test my beliefs to scripture too. Best to you.
I wasn't always a practicing Catholic. I was ready to join any number of Christian sects.
Catholicism is so deep rooted in scripture its beautiful.
I advise you to check our claims against scripture. I also advise you to read the writings of the first Christians to see what they understood about Christianity. You'll see a remarkable similarity to Catholic teachings.

Wikipedia.org/Wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

scripturecatholic.com
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421705 Feb 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope told the cardinals that in order to govern "...both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me."
“The pope, known for his conservative doctrine, did not intend to influence the decision of the cardinals who will enter a secret conclave to elect a successor, Vatican spokesman Father Lombardi Federico said.
Benedict stepped up the Church's opposition to gay marriage, underscored the Church's resistance to a female priesthood and to embryonic stem cell research.
A new leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics could be elected as soon as Palm Sunday, on March 24 and be ready to take over by Easter a week later, he said.”
If the new pope is not quite as conservative as Benedict and changes policies such as making optional celebacy, lessens the church denunciation of divorce, allows women greater roles in the church, do you then change your mind with the pope or do you stand firm as to your belief now?

Do you ever use your own personal knowledge to decision make or do you always go with the flow?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421706 Feb 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Going to the CATHOLIC ANSWERS FORUM With no one to criticize, make fun of, ridicule, insult and name call you will be right back on this forum.
that is your schtick. Just read your post above. Its you!
he would miss us,he'd have no one to tell his lies to.can't get him to answer a simple question,would he support the church like he does if a priest molested one of his children or even his wife?? WELL POPE HOJO WOULD YOU??
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421707 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The basis of all of your beliefs and of and EVERY Protestant, agnostic and atheist on this forum is (nothing but) PERSONAL OPINION) interpretation of the bible---- which is "laced, ingrained, and (loaded) with anti-catholic hostility and vengeance---NOT doctrine, NOT theology, and NOT Truth. If there is ANY truth at all with this vindictive group of defiant Prodigal Son bible only Protestants--it is "relative truth" (whatever each person decides is true---- is the truth!!! 42,000 contradicting beliefs today: 42,500 inconsistent beliefs tomorrow, 43,000 conflicting beliefs the next day!!!(35+ years, I was indoctrinated in this distorted BIBLE ONLY thinking)--Not any more!!-- YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!----IT IS ALL YOURS!!!!!
You and the others are going to miss the mud slinging, insulting and name calling. It won't be long before boredom sets in over at the CATHOLIC ANSWERS forum where everyone agrees with everyone about everything.......YAWN!

Look us up when you come back!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#421708 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/LENT.HTM
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421709 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall seeing your questions.
Please, if you really want an answer about the Catholic faith, feel free to ask me a question.
If you are looking for an argument, please don't bother.
Rob
I'm not looking for an argument. I'm trying to open eyes and ears to truth.

If this topix maze were easier to navigate through I would go back to find the questions I've asked.

One recent question I asked you was why you would accept the name of Father from the members of the Catholic Church? How can that be justified and not be in DIRECT violation of the scriptures?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421710 Feb 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's a new year, and as much as I love the gentle and brilliant Pope Benedict, I understand why he's ready to pass the keys, so we will have a new Holy Father. I think of the scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is battling the dark lord Vader, glances over and sees Luke is going to escape in order to save the rebellion and decides his job is done. lol.
Anyway, I'm moving over to the Catholic Answers forum, just signed up today. Hope to see you there!
God Bless you.
Tony
You and sister Regina, clay, hojo, Star C, and others threw the mud as much as anyone. Threw the insults, name calling etc.

.... You all posted for years, and thousands of posts each. All of a sudden today! Father Rob says "lets blow this pop stand" and you all say........OH..OH!! OK! thats a good idea!(lol)

You could have left at anytime over the past few years, but when a catholic priest says lets go! LETS GO!!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421711 Feb 11, 2013
678 668 649
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started you Church? If your Protestant there was a human that started it. It is a fact get used to it. God started the Catholic Church plain and simple.
You can deny the truth until you are blue in the face...it will not change the fact that Christ started not a Church....that word is not in Scripture!!!!!

You are removing the word church, which is a common noun, and replacing it with a proper noun..Church.....

If that is not sacrilegious, I don't know what is....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421712 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he would miss us,he'd have no one to tell his lies to.can't get him to answer a simple question,would he support the church like he does if a priest molested one of his children or even his wife?? WELL POPE HOJO WOULD YOU??
Hi Jethro....

Every news cast today CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, in Canada our CBC that spoke about the popes legacy, indicated the sexual abuse scandals that have rocked the church worldwide, the bishops butler stealing secret documents, the money laundering scandals, etc.

Everyone of those SCANDALS was caused by no one else but the leaders of the roman catholic church. The church that the catholics on here love so much.

They blamed the media, they blamed us, they blamed everyone but themselves.

Two weeks ago, Anthony said that the catholic church did the right thing by sending offending priests to medical care workers (psychiatrists).

.... NEVER ONCE! did any church leader during this time offer MEDICAL ASSISTANCE to the victim or their families. Never once did any of them ever dial 9-1-1 reporting a crime committed.

It was always the brave victims or their families.

Shame on all of them.

Location hidden

#421713 Feb 11, 2013
682 668 649
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>who do YOU think started this Chruch that God added to daily and do you consider Acts as being Scripture?
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
acts 2:47
Thanks for proving my words as being the undeniable truth...

Christ started not a Church....that word is not in Scripture!!!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421714 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he would miss us,he'd have no one to tell his lies to.can't get him to answer a simple question,would he support the church like he does if a priest molested one of his children or even his wife?? WELL POPE HOJO WOULD YOU??
I think you know the real answer. When he doesn't respond its obvious.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421715 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Fasting is a good thing. We should keep it to ourselves and it can be anytime.

I don't know why there would be a specific date set aside for it. I've not read anything about the Ash Wednesday either.

What would a good Catholic consider to be "adding to the Word of God?" Is there an example you could give me?

Location hidden

#421716 Feb 11, 2013
687 668 649
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 66:1 This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?
Acts 7:48
Yet the most High dwells not in temples made with hands; as says the prophet,
Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.
2 Corinthians 5:1
King James Version (KJV)
5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

You are not even close to the ball park where the game is being played!!!!!

Nowhere is "church" mentioned in those verses!!!! Hello???!!!

Location hidden

#421717 Feb 11, 2013
599 485 418 388
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse and buggy is not good enough. Lets go back to the church/Kingdom established soon after the Jesus on the donkey days.
Go ahead....be my guest....but, when you get there you will still find that my info was not from Webster but from Strong's Lexicon defining the Greek word for church as found in Scripture.

Nothing will change that fact...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421718 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't always a practicing Catholic. I was ready to join any number of Christian sects.
Catholicism is so deep rooted in scripture its beautiful.
I advise you to check our claims against scripture. I also advise you to read the writings of the first Christians to see what they understood about Christianity. You'll see a remarkable similarity to Catholic teachings.
Wikipedia.org/Wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
scripturecatholic.com
I have much respect for the writings of many of the early Christians. There's quite a bit we can learn from their writings. Many of those early writings help us prove to atheists the validity of scripture.

I am however very wary of any of the teachings found within any writings that contradict scripture. We're warned that if even an Angel tries to teach you something that contradicts scripture to ignore it. I don't think the Spirit would've allowed that to be said unless it was a warning of what would eventually happen. Heed that warning.

Location hidden

#421719 Feb 11, 2013
703 603
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Jesus reign over the church?
Is Jesus a King?
That is not the current thread...this is:
basileia, properly, royalty, i.e.(abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):--kingdom,+ reign.

Does not show "church" as one of its definition.....I am not surprised!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 57 min kuda 50
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 7 hr Songs 174
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Mr Sir 9,043
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon dollarsbill 83,961
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web