Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,319)

Showing posts 406,361 - 406,380 of511,528
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421552
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM,
Man's [obedient faith] responds to receive the gift that God is giving us.
Hi Truth ,
Well we know that without faith which is God given (not our work)its a gift from God.
We would not beable to recieve the gift of salvation which is the (WORKS OF CHRIST' NOT OUR WORKS)
If we are lead by the Holy Spirit, He will lead us to the works He has had planned for us before time began .
We can not do these works without the gifts of the Holy Spirit, so in fact it is the Holy Spirit working through us , its our obediance to the Holy Spirit , that is the works we do.
Here is where the fruits of the Holy Spirit comes in , Love, Joy, and Peace, etc the greatest of these is Love.
'WE NO LONG WALK IN THE FLESH; BUT IN THE SPIRIT" .
Being baptized in water, is important, because here we are putting off the old man and putting on the new man.
'OLD THINGS PASS AWAY EVERYTHING BECAMES LIKE BRAND NEW'
THE OLD MAN DIES, GOING DOWN IN THE WATER,[BEING BURIED WITH CHRIST), COMING UP IN THE WATER,{BEING RESURRECTED ,RISING A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS}.( IN OBEDIENCE TO JESUS WE GET BAPTIZED IN WATER,[ WHICH IS THE BAPTISM OF JOHN] WE HAVE TO DO IT OURSELVES THAT IS OUR WORKS.
IT IS A BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, BUT WATER BAPTISM DOESN'T SAVE US . WE ARE SAVED BY GOD'S GRACE 'THROUGH FAITH . "NOT OF WORKS LESS ANY MAN SHOULD BOOST; FAITH ISN'T A WORKS IT IS A GIFT .
THE BAPTISM OF JESUS IS WITH THE HOLY GHOST AND FIRE, THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT BAPTISM.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421553
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Rob
I have been considering what you write for awhile.
It is difficult to get up and just walk away. And one hopes that some new person coming to the thread, with an open mind is not so influenced by the perpetuated lies, that one lingers on this thread....
And of course there is the possibility that some of the heretics might re-examine their belief systems....
But that being said, one can spend a better time in prayer, and study, for edification, than just getting the repetition of lies, and repeating the same answers....
There is almost no room for discussion here. Thus no reasoning, no communication. Catholic Answers forum may be a better expression of faith, and faithfulness....
Let each be moved by the Holy Spirit....
I shall be leaving.
Buh-bye!

"Ya'll come back now, hear?" - Jed Clampett
JOHN

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421554
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Even his resignation statement is humble and beautiful. What a holy and gifted man. My heart is very heavy with this news since we were in such dire need of an orthodox shepherd. Along with many, many others I was thrilled when he was elected. Yet it's been obvious for some time that his health has been deteriorating, so I pray he is finally able to get the rest he deserves after these many years in service to the servants of God. May the Lord be with him now and forever.
I agree with you completely, he was exactly what the Church needed when he was elected. Lets pray for a Holy Father that takes his place to be as holy and gifted.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421555
Feb 11, 2013
 
jethro8 wrote:
pope benny is retiring!! indict him,force him to tell the truth.the guilt was eating away at him.
Jethro. Its is called a RESIGNATION of office.

During his tenor, look at the number of scandals that have arisen? Everyone one of them was caused by the clergy themselves, not catholic followers, not the media, and not us.

He has failed to bring catholics together as we know there are several divides amongst catholics today.

We do know that the vast majority of roman catholics today are poor uneducated people living below the equator and in the middle east continents of Africa/Asia.

Once a strong western world alliance, has quickly evaporated over the past 50 years.

Example: 85% of the people of France are baptized roman catholic yet less than 8% practice their faith.

It will be interesting to see what direction the church will go in order to try and bring continuity to a church that is torn in many directions today.



Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421556
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>He was pooped out before he ever became Pope.
he was a joke pope,world leaders didn't like him,he was going to brazil i believe, and the people and president of the country basically said, SO WHAT.on his last trip there, only 2% of the population went to see him.gee i wonder why? simple, he was a puppet pope,he was elected to give him diplomatic immunity that's all. now i'd like to see someone have the guts to indict him and force him testify on every thing he knew and hid from the public. GIVE THE CHURCHES VICTIMS JUSTICE!!
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421557
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (CCC, par. 841)

Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians.

Any one see a problem with this statement?

Why because Muslims reject Jesus as Lord and savior so clearly they don't recognize the same God as Abraham as they deny his seed Jesus the Christ

One more big Reason the RCC is not the one true church revealed in Scriptures its a sugar coated lie.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421558
Feb 11, 2013
 
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say mike, I never heard of an Atheist who is so concerned with the affairs of the Catholic Church. Its a bit creepy.
Are you sure you're secure enough with the path you chose? Why the fixation with the beliefs and practices of the Church?
Worry about your own soul. You spend too much time on here trying to save everyone from the perils of everything non-catholic. Remember MOST roman catholics in our world are poor uneducated people.


I am an agnostic.........and Pope Benedict stated himself that Agnostics have a much better chance at the kingdom of heaven than do social catholics. Are you a social catholic?

http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2011/09/...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/281522/p...

.....searching for the truth........
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421559
Feb 11, 2013
 
JOHN wrote:
I feel bad that the Holy Father is stepping down. I worry that a liberal will take his place. I hope this does not derail the talks the SSPX is having with the Vatican. He was a friend to those of us love the Latin Mass.
Pope Benedict will be missed,I thought of all the popes I have seen in my life time,he had a realistic view of his office,and he showed a unique sense of spiritual integrity.I actually liked him better than Pope John Paul2,although at times no one could ever reach the heights of personal leadership and commanding presence like Pope JP2.

There are many voices out there that suggest that the next Pope will be not only LIBERAL in a sense of public communication,but the LAST Pope of this end time period we are either in or embarking into.Those voices of course could be totally WRONG,but rest assure he will be watched and listened to with much caution,and alertness.But who knows the Cardinals might vote in another elderly pope who in a few years will retire.

Questions to the Catholics here,has any pope in the last two centuries retired?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421560
Feb 11, 2013
 
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Buh-bye!
"Ya'll come back now, hear?" - Jed Clampett
They are all lining up like sheep because Father Dye is leading them to CATHOLIC ANSWERS forum.

Within a few weeks they will slowly make their way back home to this forum as they have always done.

You'all come back now, here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421561
Feb 11, 2013
 
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Benedict will be missed,I thought of all the popes I have seen in my life time,he had a realistic view of his office,and he showed a unique sense of spiritual integrity.I actually liked him better than Pope John Paul2,although at times no one could ever reach the heights of personal leadership and commanding presence like Pope JP2.
There are many voices out there that suggest that the next Pope will be not only LIBERAL in a sense of public communication,but the LAST Pope of this end time period we are either in or embarking into.Those voices of course could be totally WRONG,but rest assure he will be watched and listened to with much caution,and alertness.But who knows the Cardinals might vote in another elderly pope who in a few years will retire.
Questions to the Catholics here,has any pope in the last two centuries retired?
1415 was the last year a pope resigned office. 77 years before Christopher Columbus put the Nina, Pinta and Santa Marie into the water for the first time.

JOHN

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421562
Feb 11, 2013
 
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Benedict will be missed,I thought of all the popes I have seen in my life time,he had a realistic view of his office,and he showed a unique sense of spiritual integrity.I actually liked him better than Pope John Paul2,although at times no one could ever reach the heights of personal leadership and commanding presence like Pope JP2.
There are many voices out there that suggest that the next Pope will be not only LIBERAL in a sense of public communication,but the LAST Pope of this end time period we are either in or embarking into.Those voices of course could be totally WRONG,but rest assure he will be watched and listened to with much caution,and alertness.But who knows the Cardinals might vote in another elderly pope who in a few years will retire.
Questions to the Catholics here,has any pope in the last two centuries retired?
Pad it has been a long time since we talked. It is good to hear from you. He is the first in over 600 years to retire. I felt that he was a good and holy Pope. I have been off the topix for a long time. I am now in SoCal and enjoying my granddaughters.
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421563
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely, he was exactly what the Church needed when he was elected. Lets pray for a Holy Father that takes his place to be as holy and gifted.
Amen, John. And what better day than this, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, to do as the Holy Father asks and implore Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin, to assist the Cardinal Fathers in their decision.

Be of good faith! Always remember...Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would never prevail against Holy Mother Church.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Now and forever.

Our help is in the name of the Lord.
Who made heaven and earth.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421564
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Rob
I have been considering what you write for awhile.
It is difficult to get up and just walk away. And one hopes that some new person coming to the thread, with an open mind is not so influenced by the perpetuated lies, that one lingers on this thread....
And of course there is the possibility that some of the heretics might re-examine their belief systems....
But that being said, one can spend a better time in prayer, and study, for edification, than just getting the repetition of lies, and repeating the same answers....
There is almost no room for discussion here. Thus no reasoning, no communication. Catholic Answers forum may be a better expression of faith, and faithfulness....
Let each be moved by the Holy Spirit....
I shall be leaving.
Why do you call this man your Father? Is there something biological between the two of you? I'm guessing there isn't else you'd communicate somewhere else.

Matthew 23:9 - And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

If anything Rob is your brother. I have many brothers and sisters in Christ, but only ONE Father!

Rob, why do you accept others' references to you as God?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421565
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM,
Obedient faith....
Romans 16:26
26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the [obedience] that comes from [faith—]
OBEDIENCE (WORKS) THAT COMES FROM FAITH ( GIFT FROM GOD)

JESUS SAVES US (WE REPENT;WHICH IS OUR WORKS)
BECAUSE OF THE GIFT OF FAITH GOD GAVE ; ITS NOT OUR WORKS,BUT OUR FAITH .
BECAUSE OF OUR FAITH [GODS GIFT;] WE ARE BAPTIZED IN WATER; [OUR WORKS]

WORKS WITH OUT FAITH IS MEANING LESS,

James 2:14-26

New King James Version (NKJV)


Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them,“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say,“You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says,“Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Ephesians 2:8-10

King James Version (KJV)


8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

IF WE ARE NOT DOING THE WORK THAT THE FATHER HAS ORDAINED , WE HAVE A DEAD FAITH GOOD FOR NOTHING.
ITS NOT THE WORKS WE WANT TO DO OR THINK WE SHOULD DO, BUT WHAT GOD HAS ORDAIN US TO DO.
SO OUR OBEDIENCE TO GOD IN ALL HE HAS COMMANDED IS THE WORKS WE DO. BECAUSE OF OUR GOD GIVEN FAITH.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421566
Feb 11, 2013
 
jethro8 wrote:
pope benny is retiring!! indict him,force him to tell the truth.the guilt was eating away at him.
Jethro, you should run for Pope. The qualifications legally are ANY SINGLE MALE CATHOLIC ADULT under the age of 80 even though traditionally its usually been up to the eligible voting cardinals.

If I can get into the conclave somehow I would vote for you. You could reform the entire church. Hire any cardinals you want to, get rid of any you don't like.

http://answers.encyclopedia.com/question/elig...
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421567
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Benedict will be missed,I thought of all the popes I have seen in my life time,he had a realistic view of his office,and he showed a unique sense of spiritual integrity.I actually liked him better than Pope John Paul2,although at times no one could ever reach the heights of personal leadership and commanding presence like Pope JP2.
There are many voices out there that suggest that the next Pope will be not only LIBERAL in a sense of public communication,but the LAST Pope of this end time period we are either in or embarking into.Those voices of course could be totally WRONG,but rest assure he will be watched and listened to with much caution,and alertness.But who knows the Cardinals might vote in another elderly pope who in a few years will retire.
Questions to the Catholics here,has any pope in the last two centuries retired?
This is the first time in six hundred years.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421568
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll to prove scripture itself as the sole source of Christianity before you demand anything of Catholics.
I believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God. Do Catholics believe God forgot a few things in it and is having to amend it?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421569
Feb 11, 2013
 
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, John. And what better day than this, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, to do as the Holy Father asks and implore Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin, to assist the Cardinal Fathers in their decision.
Be of good faith! Always remember...Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would never prevail against Holy Mother Church.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Now and forever.
Our help is in the name of the Lord.
Who made heaven and earth.
...If the catholic church states that the holy spirit guides the cardinals electing a new pope, why would they often have to have multiple votes to determine a winner? Shouldn't all the cardinals at every election vote exactly the same if the holy spirit is guiding all of them EXACTLY the same?(lol)



Makes no common sense.........right?



Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421570
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>The Associated Press
NEW YORK -- New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan says electing a new pope is all new to him since he's still learning what it means to be archbishop.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/11/3228158...
I can't find the requirements for a archbishop in my New Testament either. Help!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421571
Feb 11, 2013
 
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first time in six hundred years.
1415 AD.........

Has this pope started a new precident or trend? Will future popes decide to resign rather than die in office?

I doubt the next pope will be as ultra conservative as this pope. Benedict was a very intelligent man, but he failed to bring catholics together and failed to fully correct many of the scandals that currently riddle the church, caused by the church leaders themselves.





Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,361 - 406,380 of511,528
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••