Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,281 - 406,300 of 539,557 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421590 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perception of what the Bible should be is flawed. its an invention in the 16th century. Now you guys are all over the map in theology.
So no sir, God did not forget anything in the Bible.
And I'm glad you believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God.
If you don't mind me asking: how do you know this? My Bible doesn't have a section on each book that declares it.
Proverbs 30:5-6 “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

We are not to tamper with the divine system originated by God and Christ

Matthew 15:13
He replied,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.

The Bible teaches we must stay with God's words. We are not free to deviate or to believe or to practice whatever we choose:

2 John 1:9 - Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

1 Corinthians 4:6 - Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying,“Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other

The unmitigated departure from the faith we see in denominationalism is about the best thing Satan has come up with to subvert the truth of the Bible!

Now we were discussing what God might have been left out of our Bible's that needed to be added, corrected or amended? I can't help but think of the following verse:

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421591 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perception of what the Bible should be is flawed. its an invention in the 16th century. Now you guys are all over the map in theology.
So no sir, God did not forget anything in the Bible.
And I'm glad you believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God.
If you don't mind me asking: how do you know this? My Bible doesn't have a section on each book that declares it.
Help me understand where I am "all over the map with theology". I'd LIKE to answer your questions.

BIBLE QUESTIONS DESERVE BIBLE ANSWERS! I'll give you Bible answers.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421592 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely, he was exactly what the Church needed when he was elected. Lets pray for a Holy Father that takes his place to be as holy and gifted.
The only HOLY FATHER is YAWEH/YAWUWAH
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421593 Feb 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why not read the Bible and find out what it means to be "after the order of melchizedek". Jesus Christ is identified as a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek, so I doubt if they were one and the same.
You get no debate from me. They may not have been. The likenesses and roles they have played couldn't be more similar.
Clay

United States

#421594 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (CCC, par. 841)
Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians.
Any one see a problem with this statement?
Why because Muslims reject Jesus as Lord and savior so clearly they don't recognize the same God as Abraham as they deny his seed Jesus the Christ
One more big Reason the RCC is not the one true church revealed in Scriptures its a sugar coated lie.
Muslims have always worshiped the one true God of Abraham. But like you, their perception of what that God is, is flawed. Like you, they think the their Bible (quaran) is the literal audible voice....word for word transmission from God.
Like you, they fail to see Jesus Christ established a Church not a set of books.
And just like you, they think God will only save them!!
You believe every Muslim will be in hell. Catholics say its up to God.
Who's the real Christian here??
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421595 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first time in six hundred years.
Now all you need is a three score and 6 > snicker <

How does that work with a Pope and ex pope living at the same time ?
You reckon HoJo being Catholic and all that he may be right that Pope John Paul is the 8th and of the 7 ..........lol
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421596 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Apostolic succession and Catholic Church tradition is what gave you the Bible. Now you use those sacred books to bludgeon the very Church upon which they came. And this Church never put the false label on the books that you guys have.
Do you understand?
No, I don't understand. Why didn't they give the instructions and qualifications for their office? The inspired writers provided me with instructions for the offices of Elder and Deacon. Why were the other's offices left out?
Clay

United States

#421597 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Help me understand where I am "all over the map with theology". I'd LIKE to answer your questions.
BIBLE QUESTIONS DESERVE BIBLE ANSWERS! I'll give you Bible answers.
That's great. I appreciate someone who wants real dialogue and understandings of Catholicism.
I gotta a meeting for a couple hrs. but we'll keep in touch.

Meanwhile, don't hesitate to go to

catholic.com

scripturecatholic.com .
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421598 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Apostolic succession and Catholic Church tradition is what gave you the Bible. Now you use those sacred books to bludgeon the very Church upon which they came. And this Church never put the false label on the books that you guys have.
Do you understand?
Additionally, if I can use the sacred books, God's Word, to bludgeon the Catholic Church, shouldn't that be a big HINT to the Catholics?

See if you can use the sacred books, God's Word, to bludgeon the church of Christ, the church established at Pentecost?
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421599 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
485 418 388
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!!
ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
Doesn't matter to me what Webster says. Use the Bible.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#421600 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick monster.
Anthony will be praying for your satan infested soul.
Well, it's a new year, and as much as I love the gentle and brilliant Pope Benedict, I understand why he's ready to pass the keys, so we will have a new Holy Father. I think of the scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is battling the dark lord Vader, glances over and sees Luke is going to escape in order to save the rebellion and decides his job is done. lol.

Anyway, I'm moving over to the Catholic Answers forum, just signed up today. Hope to see you there!

God Bless you.

Tony

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421601 Feb 11, 2013
Several Roman Catholic popes have been murdered. The circumstances have ranged from martyrdom (Pope Stephen I)[1] to war (Lucius II),[2] to a beating by a jealous husband (Pope John XII). A number of other popes have died under circumstances that some believe to be murder, but for which definitive evidence has not been found.Chronological list of popes murdered:Stephen VI (896–897): Strangled
Stephen VII/(IX)(939–942): MutilatedJohn XII (955–964): Presumed Murdered
Benedict VI (973–974): Strangled
John XIV (983–984): Either by starvation, ill-treatment or direct murder
Gregory V (996–999): Poisoned
John Paul I (1978): death just 33 days after Papal election led to conspiracy theories,The 1990 motion picture The Godfather Part III featured a story element depicting Società Generale Immobiliare, the largest real estate company in the world whose former largest shareholder was the Holy See, and the Vatican Bank involved in organized crime during and after the death of the old pope and the election of a fictional Cardinal named Lamberto to the papacy. Lamberto takes the papal name "John Paul I" and, like the real Pope John Paul I, he mysteriously dies.Pope Pius XI(1922-1939): Allegedly, due to the fact that his doctor was the father of Benito Mussolini's mistress.

JETHRO:YOU JUDGED MY POST AS NUTS,FUNNY,SPAM. HERE'S THE HISTORY.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#421602 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, why don't you pray to God like the apostles did to elect a leader of the church .
Only God in Heaven knows a persons heart.
I pray another POpe will never be elected period.
I pray to God ' this evil instituation will be torn down and every brick crush and blowed to the wind. the earth will be rid of it once and for all.
The gates of hell which starts at the vatican has not stood against God's one true spiritual church.
The catholic' wh--'s days are numbered. Praise the Lord
The Protestant "propagandist" (vultures) are out in full force today. Just like you LTM,-----all of the vengeful, hostile and vindictive "FUNDIES" have wasted "little time" in spreading their anti-catholic "venom" on this forum about the Pope and the Church. But then, again, with bible only Protestants,(other than attacking Jesus Christs Catholic Church), with all 42,000+ contradicting Protestant denominations, it is all about "superficial and distorted" half-truth, half-heresy beliefs, which is "about the only thing" you have to "latch onto"!! Sorry to disappoint you LTM, but you "really should get a grip" on the TRUTH of "reality" and the TRUE historical and biblically Truth of Jesus Christs One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has, is and will (continue) to be the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!---"Desperate "hate-filled anti-Catholic heretics, hypocrites and bigots like you, Confrinting, 4GVN, Michael, jethro8, justachristian and others have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus HIMSELF----------LIVES ON!!!---(and will continue to LIVE ON!!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421603 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
485 418 388
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!!
ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
Better yet, define the Kingdom.

Is Jesus ruling and in charge now?

If not, when? If yes, to whom does He rule over?

United States

#421604 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (CCC, par. 841)
Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians.
Any one see a problem with this statement?
Why because Muslims reject Jesus as Lord and savior so clearly they don't recognize the same God as Abraham as they deny his seed Jesus the Christ
One more big Reason the RCC is not the one true church revealed in Scriptures its a sugar coated lie.
-
concerned in Eygpt:
"Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians."
-
concerned in Eygpt:
"Any one see a problem with this statement?"
-
No, I don't see a problem with that statement at all - because it is apparent that they both are NOT worshiping the God of Abraham at all.
-
I am totally amazed at how Muslims say they are one of the THREE Abrahamic Religions - NOTHING could be further from the truth! yet everyone simply accepts it as fact...... Abraham had ONE religion, not three! Just because they are DESCENDANT from a SON of Abraham (Ishmael), does NOT mean they are practicing the RELIGION of Abraham.
They.
Are.
NOT!
This is simply the Black Sheep of the family going out and *doing their own thing* and smearing the good name of their Father Abraham, and claiming they are still an upstanding member of the 'family' while waging war with those who actually continue to practice the Religion of Abraham.
-
Jesus pointed out this hypocrisy when he said:
http://niv.scripturetext.com/j ohn/8.htm
The Children of Abraham

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said,“IF you hold to my teaching, you are REALLY MY DISCIPLES. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

33 They answered him,“We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

34 Jesus replied,“I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know YOU ARE ABRAHAM’S DESCENDENTS. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have NO ROOM FOR MY WORD. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and YOU DO WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD FROM YOUR FATHER.”

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“IF YOU WERE ABRAHAM'S CHILDREN,” said Jesus,“THEN YOU WOULD DO THE THINGS ABRAHAM DID. 40 As it is, YOU ARE DETERMINED TO KILL ME, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. ABRAHAM DID NOT DO SUCH THINGS. 41 YOU are DOING THE THINGS YOUR OWN FATHER DOES.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested.“The only Father we have is God himself.”

The Children of the Devil

42 Jesus said to them,“If God were your Father <clipped>

43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because YOU ARE UNABLE TO HEAR WHAT I SAY. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a MURDERER from the beginning, NOT HOLDING TO THE TRUTH, for there is no truth in him. WHEN HE LIES, HE SPEAKS HIS NATIVE LANGUAGE, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 HE WHO BELONGS TO GOD HEARS WHAT GOD SAYS. THE REASON YOU DO NOT HEAR IS THAT YOU DO NOT BELONG TO GOD.”
-
But, this "Abrahamic" lie, which has been spread the world over, is not unlike the RCC lie that Peter was the first Pope.

The followers of Jesus actually follow what Jesus said and call no man their Father.

"HE WHO BELONGS TO GOD HEARS WHAT GOD SAYS. THE REASON YOU DO NOT HEAR IS THAT YOU DO NOT BELONG TO GOD."
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#421605 Feb 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's a new year, and as much as I love the gentle and brilliant Pope Benedict, I understand why he's ready to pass the keys, so we will have a new Holy Father. I think of the scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is battling the dark lord Vader, glances over and sees Luke is going to escape in order to save the rebellion and decides his job is done. lol.
Anyway, I'm moving over to the Catholic Answers forum, just signed up today. Hope to see you there!
God Bless you.
Tony
It has been good to have you as a "brother in Christ" on this forum Anthony. Where in Plymouth, do you reside? My family and I live in Minnetonka and I am have been an Athletic Coach at Providence Academy for over 11 years. Anyway--your comments are always "right on Catholic TRUTH" and enjoyable to read!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421606 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great. I appreciate someone who wants real dialogue and understandings of Catholicism.
I gotta a meeting for a couple hrs. but we'll keep in touch.
Meanwhile, don't hesitate to go to
catholic.com
scripturecatholic.com .
If you would like to point out the many inconsistencies in my theology, this little booklet would be a good starting point about my overall spiritual beliefs:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_...
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421607 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick monster.
Regina, there isn't even any point in answering someone who posts something like this.

Don't even respond.

Let her own words stand as accusation against her. Nothing more is needed.

If you must respond, do so with a blessing, and not a curse. She NEEDS a blessing, and no curse you could pronounce would make her worse than she is, so it is pointless.

Yes, what she posted is monstrour, but so is most of what appears on this thread.

Just let it go.

Rob
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421608 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestant "propagandist" (vultures) are out in full force today. Just like you LTM,-----all of the vengeful, hostile and vindictive "FUNDIES" have wasted "little time" in spreading their anti-catholic "venom" on this forum about the Pope and the Church. But then, again, with bible only Protestants,(other than attacking Jesus Christs Catholic Church), with all 42,000+ contradicting Protestant denominations, it is all about "superficial and distorted" half-truth, half-heresy beliefs, which is "about the only thing" you have to "latch onto"!! Sorry to disappoint you LTM, but you "really should get a grip" on the TRUTH of "reality" and the TRUE historical and biblically Truth of Jesus Christs One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has, is and will (continue) to be the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!---"Desperate "hate-filled anti-Catholic heretics, hypocrites and bigots like you, Confrinting, 4GVN, Michael, jethro8, justachristian and others have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus HIMSELF----------LIVES ON!!!---(and will continue to LIVE ON!!
Hojo, it's a waste of getting worked up over these folks. I'd just let it go.

Let their words stand as witness against them, and move on.

Rob

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421609 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick monster.
you can't blame her for how she feels,the church is not what they would like people to think it is,it is corrupt,immoral,could careless about it's followers unless they fill the church bank account handsomely,it's suppose to be a church for the people,if so, why is everything done behind closed doors? what are they hiding? discussing new ways to hide their evil doings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 10 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 6
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 10 hr James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 10 hr L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••