Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,588
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421608 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestant "propagandist" (vultures) are out in full force today. Just like you LTM,-----all of the vengeful, hostile and vindictive "FUNDIES" have wasted "little time" in spreading their anti-catholic "venom" on this forum about the Pope and the Church. But then, again, with bible only Protestants,(other than attacking Jesus Christs Catholic Church), with all 42,000+ contradicting Protestant denominations, it is all about "superficial and distorted" half-truth, half-heresy beliefs, which is "about the only thing" you have to "latch onto"!! Sorry to disappoint you LTM, but you "really should get a grip" on the TRUTH of "reality" and the TRUE historical and biblically Truth of Jesus Christs One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has, is and will (continue) to be the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!---"Desperate "hate-filled anti-Catholic heretics, hypocrites and bigots like you, Confrinting, 4GVN, Michael, jethro8, justachristian and others have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus HIMSELF----------LIVES ON!!!---(and will continue to LIVE ON!!
Hojo, it's a waste of getting worked up over these folks. I'd just let it go.

Let their words stand as witness against them, and move on.

Rob

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421609 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick monster.
Anthony will be praying for your satan infested soul.
you can't blame her for how she feels,the church is not what they would like people to think it is,it is corrupt,immoral,could careless about it's followers unless they fill the church bank account handsomely,it's suppose to be a church for the people,if so, why is everything done behind closed doors? what are they hiding? discussing new ways to hide their evil doings.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#421610 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been good to have you as a "brother in Christ" on this forum Anthony. Where in Plymouth, do you reside? My family and I live in Minnetonka and I am have been an Athletic Coach at Providence Academy for over 11 years. Anyway--your comments are always "right on Catholic TRUTH" and enjoyable to read!
You too Hojo. Glad to have been here with you. I actually don't live in Plymouth, but in a smaller northern suburb of Minneapolis. My parish is one of the largest in the state and my family has 3 generations going there since 1967. You may be able to figure it out, but I'll avoid saying it here due to the unstable characters sliming up this board. I'll keep you in my prayers. God Bless.

Tony
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421611 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Additionally, if I can use the sacred books, God's Word, to bludgeon the Catholic Church, shouldn't that be a big HINT to the Catholics?
See if you can use the sacred books, God's Word, to bludgeon the church of Christ, the church established at Pentecost?
Clay, this post should be a big hint to you.

This fellow is Church of Christ, and they believe they are the only ones who will be going to Heaven, as they were directly established by Christ in he apostolic age, and were in hiding for 1600 years.

Fon't waste your time. He doesn't want an understanding of the Catholic faith and our basis in Christ; he eants to try to prove that you are wrong and he is right.

Drop it; it's pointless.

Rob
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421612 Feb 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's a new year, and as much as I love the gentle and brilliant Pope Benedict, I understand why he's ready to pass the keys, so we will have a new Holy Father. I think of the scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is battling the dark lord Vader, glances over and sees Luke is going to escape in order to save the rebellion and decides his job is done. lol.
Anyway, I'm moving over to the Catholic Answers forum, just signed up today. Hope to see you there!
God Bless you.
Tony
You are moving over to CATHOLIC ANSWERS because Father Rob is?

Interesting!

You will be back!

United States

#421613 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick monster.
-
-
Robert Dye wrote:
Regina, there isn't even any point in answering someone who posts something like this.
Don't even respond.
Let her own words stand as accusation against her. Nothing more is needed.
If you must respond, do so with a blessing, and not a curse. She NEEDS a blessing, and no curse you could pronounce would make her worse than she is, so it is pointless.
Yes, what she posted is monstrour, but so is most of what appears on this thread.
Just let it go.
Rob
-
I have to wonder, Robert Dye, WHY would a Pope kiss the Qur'an? and would YOU yourself follow suit and KISS THE QUR'AN? I mean, If the POPE does it, it must be right, huh?
-
I think kissing the Qur'an is rather monstrous.
-
I think it is monstrous what the Popes through history have sanctioned and allowed in the "Name of God":
murder of heretics
torture of heretics
covering up for pedophiles ...
-
And now we see the Pope who managed to *cover up* the most about the pedophile *scandal* is stepping down from his *appointed by GOD* position...
I too hope he is indicted!

usa

#421614 Feb 11, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Now all you need is a three score and 6 > snicker <
How does that work with a Pope and ex pope living at the same time ?
You reckon HoJo being Catholic and all that he may be right that Pope John Paul is the 8th and of the 7 ..........lol
let's not forget HOJO is a pope also,if you read his posts he states quote"WE as catholics"unquote,only a pope can speak for all.so we have three living popes.:0)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421615 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestant "propagandist" (vultures) are out in full force today. Just like you LTM,-----all of the vengeful, hostile and vindictive "FUNDIES" have wasted "little time" in spreading their anti-catholic "venom" on this forum about the Pope and the Church. But then, again, with bible only Protestants,(other than attacking Jesus Christs Catholic Church), with all 42,000+ contradicting Protestant denominations, it is all about "superficial and distorted" half-truth, half-heresy beliefs, which is "about the only thing" you have to "latch onto"!! Sorry to disappoint you LTM, but you "really should get a grip" on the TRUTH of "reality" and the TRUE historical and biblically Truth of Jesus Christs One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has, is and will (continue) to be the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!---"Desperate "hate-filled anti-Catholic heretics, hypocrites and bigots like you, Confrinting, 4GVN, Michael, jethro8, justachristian and others have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----the One True Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus HIMSELF----------LIVES ON!!!---(and will continue to LIVE ON!!
Get on your way to the CATHOLIC ANSWERS FORUM.......just follow the sheep in front of you they will lead you there.

You won't have to argue with anyone but catholics, you can sit around singing KUM-BY-YA all day long, with no more half truths, heresies, 42,001 and God loves you more than anyone else.

We need fresh posters on here anyway.....

SEE YA!

usa

#421616 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob
ya the truth hurts so why bother reading it.

United States

#421617 Feb 11, 2013
OOPS!... MISTAKE, I FORGOT TO CORRECT THE NAME IN THE QUOTE COMMAND -(IT SHOULD READ ReginaM):
ReginaM wrote:
You sick monster.
-
-
Robert Dye wrote:
Regina, there isn't even any point in answering someone who posts something like this.
Don't even respond.
If you must respond, do so with a blessing, and not a curse. She NEEDS a blessing, and no curse you could pronounce would make her worse than she is, so it is pointless.
Yes, what she posted is monstrour, but so is most of what appears on this thread.
Just let it go.
Rob
-
I have to wonder, Robert Dye, WHY would a Pope kiss the Qur'an? and would YOU yourself follow suit and KISS THE QUR'AN? I mean, If the POPE does it, it must be right, huh?
-
-
I think it is monstrous what the Popes through history have sanctioned and allowed in the "Name of God":
murder of heretics
torture of heretics
-
And now we see the Pope who managed to *cover up* the most about the pedophile *scandal* is stepping down from his *appointed by GOD* position...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#421618 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob
Probably a good idea Rob!..... As a ex-Protestant, I know (too well) the "Protestant game" and the "anti-catholic "build up" of hostility and vengeance which has brought them to where they are. We both would agree that "no one" will change this (Reformation thinking) except through Prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit --manifested in Jesus Christ. Thanks for your response! Please pray for me--and (much) patience!-I enjoy reading your comments!!!-Gods Blessing to you and your family as we enter this Holy season of Lent!!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421619 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, this post should be a big hint to you.
This fellow is Church of Christ, and they believe they are the only ones who will be going to Heaven, as they were directly established by Christ in he apostolic age, and were in hiding for 1600 years.
Fon't waste your time. He doesn't want an understanding of the Catholic faith and our basis in Christ; he eants to try to prove that you are wrong and he is right.
Drop it; it's pointless.
Rob
Yes, Clay.....Follow your F A T H E R

I'll follow my Father which is in Heaven.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#421620 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great. I appreciate someone who wants real dialogue and understandings of Catholicism.
I gotta a meeting for a couple hrs. but we'll keep in touch.
Meanwhile, don't hesitate to go to
catholic.com
scripturecatholic.com .
Clay, those are the last things he wants.
Father Dye is right.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421621 Feb 11, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
murder of heretics
torture of heretics
-
During the tenor of this Pope the church has been riddled with scandals and many of the MOST HOLY of catholics defying the church.

Most catholic nuns in america in turmoil with the vatican., with no end in sight. Priests forming UNIONS wanting more say. Sex abuse scandals right around the world. Cardinal Gomez from LA, stripping Cardinal Mahony of administrative duties..........catholics not going to church, using birth control and all the while the Pope is screaming calling THEM! sinners.

Its obvious this Pope has failed in bringing continuity to the followers.

Maybe the next Pope will have a different approach and not be referred to as the ROTTWEILER as so many have called him.

Interesting times ahead.

Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421622 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been good to have you as a "brother in Christ" on this forum Anthony. Where in Plymouth, do you reside? My family and I live in Minnetonka and I am have been an Athletic Coach at Providence Academy for over 11 years. Anyway--your comments are always "right on Catholic TRUTH" and enjoyable to read!
Personally, I think we should all go.
If there were no Catholic here arguing with them, they would turn on one another, and tear each other to ribbons.
I appreciate that you wish to defend against attacks on Catholic Teaching, but in this case, it is truly pointless.
They DON'T want to know what the Church teaches, so there isn't even any point in answering eir attacks.
Let them stand.
Their words will witness against them at the end of all things.
It always bothers me to see you getting your bp up dealing with these folks.
Much better (in my opinion) to find a place where someone wants to know your faith, why you believe as you do, and how that informs your relationship with Christ.
I have set out to write a post to each Catholic on the thread, to encourage all to look for faith sharing rather than argument.
If you choose to stay on this hread and argue, I'll not argue with you about that decision, although I do not think remaining advances the cause of Christ. Advancing the cause of Christ should ALWAYS be our first concern: how can we live our love for God expressed in love of neighbor.
I do not believe wasting time on people like Michael, confrinting, New Age, or the like advances the cause of Christ.
Whatever you decide, I hope God will bless your decision, and suport you with the power of the Holy Spirit.
God bless you, and grant you a holy Lenten season. May you grow every day closer to following the Lord Jesus Christ.
Peace!
Rob
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#421623 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even respond.
Just let it go.
Rob
Thank you, Father. I know you're right. It's hard for me to bless someone like that. It wouldn't come from the heart.

This place has been an occasion of sin for me for too long now. Believe it or not, I haven't been posting as much as I used to in an effort to break away from the sickness that pervades this thread. I appreciate your help in doing so.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421624 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a good idea Rob!..... As a ex-Protestant, I know (too well) the "Protestant game" and the "anti-catholic "build up" of hostility and vengeance which has brought them to where they are. We both would agree that "no one" will change this (Reformation thinking) except through Prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit --manifested in Jesus Christ. Thanks for your response! Please pray for me--and (much) patience!-I enjoy reading your comments!!!-Gods Blessing to you and your family as we enter this Holy season of Lent!!
You have brought it all on yourself HOJO.

You constantly attack anyone non catholic and you attack what they were INDOCTRINATED into, then you! get all upset whenever anyone says anything about your church.

BOOH HOO!

You never learned to roll with it. You take things way too seriously.

usa

#421625 Feb 11, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
murder of heretics
torture of heretics
-
who ever has the authority to indict him,should of been working on the paper work a minute after his speech.bring some justice to the victims of today and centuries gone by.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421626 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, why don't you pray to God like the apostles did to elect a leader of the church .
Only God in Heaven knows a persons heart.
I pray another POpe will never be elected period.
I pray to God ' this evil instituation will be torn down and every brick crush and blowed to the wind. the earth will be rid of it once and for all.
The gates of hell which starts at the vatican has not stood against God's one true spiritual church.
The catholic' wh--'s days are numbered. Praise the Lord
Hello LTM.

Whats the weather like up north today?

Balmy and 8 Celcius in southern Ontario.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421627 Feb 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why not read the Bible and find out what it means to be "after the order of melchizedek". Jesus Christ is identified as a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek, so I doubt if they were one and the same.
Psalm 110

King James Version (KJV)

110 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

Hebrews 7:11
If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood,(for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
Hebrews 7:1 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him,
Hebrews 7:2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, his name means "king of righteousness"; then also, "king of Salem" means "king of peace."

Hebrews 7:3
Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abides a priest continually.

Hebrews 7:6 This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

Hebrews 7:28 For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Jesus is complete. He was with God in the beginning and He will be with God in the end.

Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21:6 (KJV)
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:13 (KJV)
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web