Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,261 - 406,280 of 532,462 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>The Associated Press
NEW YORK -- New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan says electing a new pope is all new to him since he's still learning what it means to be archbishop.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/11/3228158...
I can't find the requirements for a archbishop in my New Testament either. Help!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first time in six hundred years.
1415 AD.........

Has this pope started a new precident or trend? Will future popes decide to resign rather than die in office?

I doubt the next pope will be as ultra conservative as this pope. Benedict was a very intelligent man, but he failed to bring catholics together and failed to fully correct many of the scandals that currently riddle the church, caused by the church leaders themselves.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, John. And what better day than this, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, to do as the Holy Father asks and implore Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin, to assist the Cardinal Fathers in their decision.
Be of good faith! Always remember...Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would never prevail against Holy Mother Church.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Now and forever.
Our help is in the name of the Lord.
Who made heaven and earth.
Regina, why don't you pray to God like the apostles did to elect a leader of the church .
Only God in Heaven knows a persons heart.
I pray another POpe will never be elected period.
I pray to God ' this evil instituation will be torn down and every brick crush and blowed to the wind. the earth will be rid of it once and for all.
The gates of hell which starts at the vatican has not stood against God's one true spiritual church.
The catholic' wh--'s days are numbered. Praise the Lord
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>According to scripture I believe they are.
I wouldn't feel comfortable teaching someone that they are, but I think they are too. Not that it matters... Just, interesting.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Several popes throughout history have resigned. Some were even forced out.

Most popes who have resigned did so during much turmoil in the church. Pope Benedict would fit that mold as well.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/rss/article/297...
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (CCC, par. 841)
Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians.
Any one see a problem with this statement?
Why because Muslims reject Jesus as Lord and savior so clearly they don't recognize the same God as Abraham as they deny his seed Jesus the Christ
One more big Reason the RCC is not the one true church revealed in Scriptures its a sugar coated lie.
I have a Qu'ran and most stories in there which respond in content to the same ones found in the book of Genesis,are different and should ring an alarm in non-Muslims who read the KORAN,knowing the Bible as well.

The story of Joseph,son of Isaac, has both questionable,and barely similar facts to his life, in the Koran vs. the Bible.For instance Joseph when in Potipher's house yes was seduced by Potipher's whorish wife,Joseph did flee the room,when she tried to physically grope him for sexual pleasure.The Koran says she grabbed his shirt,but the Bible says she grabbed his lower garment.Of course the shirt and lower garment could be one garment with a belt of some sort.She was able to tear the garment from his body,he ran with it wrapped around him of perhaps even naked.

Not so important of a fact of difference,but Later when Potipher is made aware of the situation by the jilted wife who is accusing Joseph of trying to seduce her and even rape,the servants in the house come to Joseph's aid according to the K O R A N,and other neighbors who know of Potipher's wife (as she is like a whore) also speak in behalf of Joseph's innocence.The K O R A N states that Potipher believed them and even offered Joseph immunity,but that Joseph chose instead to go to prison.That is of course not the facts of the Book of Genesis or the Torah.We know that Potipher honored his wife's accusations and sent Joseph to prison.

The main story of Abraham his sons Ishmael and Isaac are another account that differs between the Bible and the K o r a n.Abraham is said to have offered up Ishmael to Allah according to the Koran,and the Angel of the Lord stops him,and because Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only son Ishmael,Allah blesses him with the second son from Sarah(Sarai),I s a a c.In the Koran,Isaac is never offered up as we read in the B i b l e.The Koran states that Isaac is the Gift from Allah to Abraham(Ibrahim),because he showed much faith in attempting to offer up Ishmael on an altar,which is meant for the Lamb or goat.

Of course the Koran states that Lazarus and Elizabeth have John the Baptist,but even that story is changed somewhat from the correct account we read in the book of Luke in the New Testament.

The birth of Isa(Jesus) is uniquely different in the Koran,especially in the book or chapter on Maryam(Mary),in the Koran.Not at all similar to the account of Luke in the NT.

The Koran states that Jesus never died on the cross,and Allah hid him away,that he with his mother escaped to (modern day Turkey),where he preached and lived to a ripe old age.

It is quite ludicrous that any Christian prelate should acknowledge the Koran as a holy book sent by God,and that Allah is the same God as in the Torah.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, why don't you pray to God like the apostles did to elect a leader of the church .
I pray to God ' this evil instituation will be torn down and every brick crush and blowed to the wind. the earth will be rid of it once and for all.
The gates of hell which starts at the vatican has not stood against God's one true spiritual church.
You are going to get a lot of NASTY responses to your post above.

I will sit on the sidelines and watch...

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

<quoted text>He was pooped out before he ever became Pope.
I remember seeing Pope John II how sick he was the last few years before he died ; couldn't even wave his hand by himself.
I felt so sorry for him.
Maybe this Pope remembers that too, and wants to leave before he gets to that point.
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick monster.
Anthony will be praying for your satan infested soul.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God. Do Catholics believe God forgot a few things in it and is having to amend it?
Your perception of what the Bible should be is flawed. its an invention in the 16th century. Now you guys are all over the map in theology.

So no sir, God did not forget anything in the Bible.

And I'm glad you believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God.
If you don't mind me asking: how do you know this? My Bible doesn't have a section on each book that declares it.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (CCC, par. 841)
Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians.
Any one see a problem with this statement?
Why because Muslims reject Jesus as Lord and savior so clearly they don't recognize the same God as Abraham as they deny his seed Jesus the Christ
One more big Reason the RCC is not the one true church revealed in Scriptures its a sugar coated lie.
Amen, absolute truth being told . Great Post

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, John. And what better day than this, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, to do as the Holy Father asks and implore Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin, to assist the Cardinal Fathers in their decision.
Be of good faith! Always remember...Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would never prevail against Holy Mother Church.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Now and forever.
Our help is in the name of the Lord.
Who made heaven and earth.
being a criminal,he'll be looking up at god not sitting beside him...when are you going to answer my question? would you support the church like you have been doing if one of your children was molested by a priest? why are you, hojo,anthony so reluctant to answer my question? there is nothing to fear,the church does not torture and kill people any more,so it's safe to answer.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't feel comfortable teaching someone that they are, but I think they are too. Not that it matters... Just, interesting.
why not read the Bible and find out what it means to be "after the order of melchizedek". Jesus Christ is identified as a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek, so I doubt if they were one and the same.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

back in the 60's i think it was,a pope was killed by poisening,to keep him quiet over the bank scadal at the time,if benny dies a sudden unexpected death,who ever has the authority should demand an autopsy just to be sure.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

<quoted text>
Just so you know you are a Roman Catholic
I am a Christian catholic small c meaning I am a Universal Christian.
I follow the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles as revealed in teh Holy scriptures.
AS your sect contradicts these teachings by bowing down to men, kissing their Ring finger in the same way Caesars of Rome demanded in their Day, as you worship graven images of dead people bow before them and pray in their name, as you adhere to the RCC Gospel that demands works be infused with grace to be saved (a different Gospel than what the Bible Reveals), as your sect believes in the heretical teaching of Purgatory, the False teaching of the Eucharist that you are literally eating human flesh no less than Jesus's flesh, the false teaching that infants can be baptized with confessing Jesus as their Lord as Savior,
The False teaching that Mary is the Mother of God and never sinned when the Paul teachs clearly in Romans all have sinned.
When the little anti Christ Pope John Paul kissed the Quran and with a so called HOLY SEE kiss the RC did not even bat an eye lash.
Yet when a wack job like the Pastor at Colarado Baptist church and he is wacko wants to burns the Quran you all go crazy.
At least he knows that the Quran comes from the pit of Hell itself
But even that self evident truth is beyond the so called Pope the Apostle in lineage of Peter. WHAT a JOKE the Papacy has become.
PETER would vomit out such an act and condemn it. Again a kiss to the ring finger of a king or RC pope is a sign of submission as was the kiss of the Quran.
You see you are so blinded by your RCC indoctrination that when YOU bow before a graven images of a woman with Blonde hair and blue eyes and call upon the name Mary to intercede for you, and then you believe you are actually worshiping Jesus.
Yet NOT ONCE in all of the NT did a disciple Apostle, the Christ Jesus ever ever pray to a dead person I.E. a person not in our world.
IN fact every example of pray in the NT is to God.
IN Fact when Jesus instructed his disciples to pray he taught them to begin with OUR FARTHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN
Not Moses who are in heaven or Joseph.
You are depraved and no I do not have the power to open your eyes to this truth only the Spirit of God if you let him as God will honor your freedom to choose.
But I will post through you to those whose hearts and souls are truly open to the truth to show them the RCC is not the ONE true Church as revealed in Scripture.
The RCC is a sugar coated Lie.
Truth Matters RC's worship Idols and graven images of Men.
Hi Concerned,
you've already proven to me that you're a liar. To me, anything that comes out of your mouth about 'what we Christians must believe' is irrelevant. Some people out there will buy into your false accusations about Catholics. I'll pray for those victims and I will also pray for you.
When I close my eyes to pray, I know who I'm worshiping and so do Catholics. You're outside of the Church and attempt to tell us what's in our hearts.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM you are really getting pretty avid against the RCC. I know that my own personal opinion about Catholicism at large is different than yours.You are holding back nothing in these posts of this year.There must have been something that has really disturbed you concerning the RCC at present.You do have relatives who are Catholic right?

Oh rest assure there will be another pope,you can pray otherwise,but the inevitable will happen,and the RCC is very much part of the END-Times,right to the finish or perhaps just before. I find it interesting that many Catholics turn their nose up at Biblical prophesies,and eschatology.

God has a PLAN,and we all are part of it.Christians are all going to be affected by whatever happens to any church in the near future.

"Look up for your Redemption draws nigh."

Did you see that video by James Abbarito'Maybe on Sunday'? It really sounds like a 7thday adventist one.He James Abbarito was killed in a plane crash.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would I read about the apostles successors and their qualifications? Surely not in the New Testament?
Apostolic succession and Catholic Church tradition is what gave you the Bible. Now you use those sacred books to bludgeon the very Church upon which they came. And this Church never put the false label on the books that you guys have.
Do you understand?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

485 418 388
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is! What is Jesus' Kingdom if not the church?
Hogwash!!!!

ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

488 418 388
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Daniel 2:44
44 In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.
Ephesians 3:21
21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
The church will last forever just like the Kingdom.
The kingdom of Old Testament prophecy is the church.
Hogwash!!!!

ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

>
> http://www.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/speech...
>
> Declaratio, 11 febbraio 2013
>
> DECLARATION
>
>
>
> Dear Brothers,
>
> I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonizations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in todays world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me. For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.
>
> Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and implore his holy Mother Mary, so that she may assist the Cardinal Fathers with her maternal solicitude, in electing a new Supreme Pontiff. With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer.
> From the Vatican, 10 February 2013
>
> BENEDICTUS PP XVI
>
>
>
> Copyright 2013 - Libreria Editrice Vaticana

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
More 1 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 1 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 2 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Scales Off 8,120
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••