Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,313)

Showing posts 406,241 - 406,260 of512,395
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"and Mary's flesh is rotten in a grave."
I will pray a Hail Mary for you.
They looked for her grave. They never found it. She was assumed into heaven like Enoch and Elijah.
"[T]he Apostles took up her body on a bier and placed it in a tomb; and they guarded it, expecting the Lord to come. And behold, again the Lord stood by them; and the holy body having been received, He commanded that it be taken in a cloud into paradise: where now, rejoined to the soul,[Mary] rejoices with the Lord's chosen ones..." Gregory of Tours, Eight Books of Miracles, 1:4 (inter A.D. 575-593).
Show me the bibical verse that says Mary was assumed into heaven like Enoch, and Elijah,.
Does the Bible tells us that they were assumed into heaven??
Why them and not Mary??? Anthony; After all she is Queen of Heaven according to you ever virgin , Mother Of God shouldn't she be mentioned above them. That is an important position you give to Mary.

Why did God take Enoch and Elijah to heaven without them dying?"

According to the Bible, Enoch and Elijah are the only two people God took to heaven without them dying. Genesis 5:24 tells us, "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." Second Kings 2:11 tells us, "Suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind." Enoch is described as a man who "walked with God for 300 years" (Genesis 5:23). Elijah was perhaps the most powerful of God's prophets in the Old Testament. There are also prophecies of Elijah's return (Malachi 4:5-6).

Why did God take Enoch and Elijah? The Bible does not specifically give us the answer. Some speculate that they were taken in preparation for a role in the end times, possibly as the two witnesses in Revelation 11:3-12. This is possible, but not explicitly taught in the Bible. It may be that God desired to save Enoch and Elijah from experiencing death due to their great faithfulness in serving and obeying Him. Whatever the case, God has His purpose, and while we don’t always understand God’s plans and purposes, we know that “His way is perfect”(Psalm 18:30).

I am sorry Anthony for you, I know your intentions are good but Mary can't answer your prayers , so if you are going to pray direct them directly to God who can hear and answer your prayers.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .
Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.
Did Noah have any reason to boast? Again, was he saved by grace, not of works?

We're the Children of Israel saved by grace or by their works?

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
no, the Bible is not catholic. it was in use long before the 4th.
and just because there are baptists or sda who disagree about the day of worship does not then make the catholic right. only they like the catholic reject what is written.
the catholic and baptist both worship the same day. the catholic says their church is the authority and knows better. the baptist does not want to break with the denomination thus continues in error same as catholics.
sda have other errors but on this one they are right!
AMEN !!

I do NOT belong to the SDA Church however will use there URL's on topic I agree with the same as any other denomination that stay's true to scripture.
I try my best to stay with what is clear using three scriputres on any given subject to prove my point.
Many try to use scripture and apply it to n event or a time frame that is not in order to God's word according to times and seasons etc.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of the three of us is being hateful? Me, you, or Truth?
I would not worry to much about atemcowboy/preston. He has put his self in place of God just like the Pope and has told everyone on here at least once they are going to hell or that they are not saved.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
500 million?
Citation please.
We can confess Jesus? Sure. But why does St. James tell us to confess to priests if the Church?
I would like you a lot better if you quit lying.James never said to confess our [sins] before a priest.

James 5:16
King James Version (KJV)

16 Confess your faults one to another,

faults are not to be considered sins.what has happened in that the original Greek word paraptoma whihc means faults has been changed by modern translations to another word which is hamartial which does mean sins.

it is hamartial to change what james said and meant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>I would not worry to much about atemcowboy/preston. He has put his self in place of God just like the Pope and has told everyone on here at least once they are going to hell or that they are not saved.
at least I dont get caught lying all the time like you do. anyway, the campbellite is your cousin in doctrine

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was not a male?
Planted in her womb? So we can just ignore the "conceive in your womb" thingy because Preston, the same guy who a few weeks ago said you were a biblically illiterate moron, is feeding you common sense now.
It's obvious you're swayed by every goofy theory out there and preachers who rail on you then become nice, so instead of risking your soul listening to that buffoon, I suggest you check with some of your bible group and/ or other protestant groups and see what they say about the embryo theory.
anthony, get a diction, shoot google the word [conceive]. It means to begin, and that is just what God did.

you are dumber than a rock

never mind, I did it for you.

Definition of CONCEIVE. transitive verb. 1. a: to become pregnant with (young) <conceive a child> b: to cause to begin : originate

instead of railing against my words.

WHY NOT DISPROVE THEM.LOL
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
500 million?
Citation please.
We can confess Jesus? Sure. But why does St. James tell us to confess to priests if the Church?
Anthony you are mistaken.

The concept of confession of sin to a priest is nowhere taught in Scripture. First, the New Testament does not teach that there are to be priests in the New Covenant. Instead, the New Testament teaches that all believers are priests. First Peter 2:5-9 describes believers as a “holy priesthood” and a “royal priesthood.” Revelation 1:6 and 5:10 both describe believers as “a kingdom of priests.” In the Old Covenant, the faithful had to approach God through the priests. The priests were mediators between the people and God. The priests offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the people. That is no longer necessary. Because of Jesus’ sacrifice, we can now approach God’s throne with boldness (Hebrews 4:16). The temple veil tearing in two at Jesus’ death was symbolic of the dividing wall between God and humanity being destroyed. We can approach God directly, ourselves, without the use of a human mediator. Why? Because Jesus Christ is our great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-15; 10:21) and the only mediator between us and God (1 Timothy 2:5). The New Testament teaches that there are to be elders (1 Timothy 3), deacons (1 Timothy 3), bishops (Titus 1:6-9), and pastors (Ephesians 4:11)– but not priests.

When it comes to confession of sin, believers are told in 1 John 1:9 to confess their sins to God. God is faithful and just to forgive our sins as we confess them to Him. James 5:16 speaks of confessing our trespasses “to one another,” but this is not the same as confessing sins to a priest as the Roman Catholic Church teaches. Priests / church leaders are nowhere mentioned in the context of James 5:16. Further, James 5:16 does not link forgiveness of sins with the confession of sins “to one another.”

The Roman Catholic Church bases their practice of confession to a priest primarily on Catholic tradition. Catholic do point to John 20:23,“If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." From this verse, Catholics claim that God gave the apostles the authority to forgive sins, and that authority was passed on to the successors of the apostles, i.e., the bishops and priests of the Roman Catholic Church. There are several problems with this interpretation.(1) John 20:23 nowhere mentions confession of sin.(2) John 20:23 nowhere promises, or even hints, that the authority to forgive sins would be passed on to the successors of the apostles. Jesus’ promise was specifically directed to the apostles.(3) The New Testament nowhere states that the apostles would even have successors to their apostolic authority. Similarly, Catholics point to Matthew 16:19 and 18:18 (binding and loosing) as evidence for the Catholic Church’s authority to forgive sins. The same three above points apply equally to these Scriptures.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"and Mary's flesh is rotten in a grave."
I will pray a Hail Mary for you.
They looked for her grave. They never found it. She was assumed into heaven like Enoch and Elijah.
"[T]he Apostles took up her body on a bier and placed it in a tomb; and they guarded it, expecting the Lord to come. And behold, again the Lord stood by them; and the holy body having been received, He commanded that it be taken in a cloud into paradise: where now, rejoined to the soul,[Mary] rejoices with the Lord's chosen ones..." Gregory of Tours, Eight Books of Miracles, 1:4 (inter A.D. 575-593).
Gregory of Tours, Eight Books of Miracles, 1:4 (inter A.D. 575-593)

Any Idea where he got his source of info from ?

LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who=" \\]<quoted text>
So Jesus was not a male?
Planted in her womb? So we can just ignore the "conceive in your womb" thingy because Preston, the same guy who a few weeks ago said you were a biblically illiterate moron, is feeding you common sense now.
It's obvious you're swayed by every goofy theory out there and preachers who rail on you then become nice, so instead of risking your soul listening to that buffoon, I suggest you check with some of your bible group and/ or other protestant groups and see what they say about the embryo theory.[/QUOTE]

~~~

YOU ...Anthony MN"

ARE TOTALLY DECEIVED...

ABSOLUTELY BRAIN WASHED...

personally

i DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION FOR WHAT GOD HAS DONE..

TRUTH BEING SAID ...It is God's business and He owes no one.... an explanation about what he did to bring about the birth of Jesus..

The fact that He was born of a virgin as the Old Testament said would happen...

Isa_7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

and

the fact that he was sired by the Holy Spirit is the pertinent information ...that He is the incarnate Son of God...the Savior of the world....

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

~~~

All else is vain jangling, assumptions and presumptuousness...

as is the other myths/fables that the (so) called) Roman Catholic

have invented about Mary..
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Why do you waste you time praying to the dead that Jesus said are still here in the earth,
TILL HE RETURNS FOR THEM...
DID NOT JESUS SAY...
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you,
-->I will come again,
and
receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
WHY DO YOU CALL JESUS A LIAR?
So Mary is in the grave, but you and your "born again" friends are going straight to heaven when you die.
alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the baptsit church get its name?
Watch they will rant for hours with this simple statement...666!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was not a male?
It's obvious you're swayed by every goofy theory out there and preachers who rail on you then become nice, so instead of risking your soul listening to that buffoon, I suggest you check with some of your bible group and/ or other protestant groups and see what they say about the embryo theory.
you have no understanding of spiritual things at all do you Anthony.
Who is God?? Who is the Holy Spirit??? "WHO IS JESUS" ??

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"we all claim the Holy Spirit reveals Biblical Truth as you just posted then we have lots in Common not just your presupposition that we hate the RCC."
The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion and disagreement, which is protestantism.
And the Church is not an invisible body of believers loosely connected by faith in the bible alone. Sorry.
-
-
"And the Church is not an invisible body of believers loosely connected by faith in the bible alone. Sorry."
-
the "church" is not an invisible body of believers loosely connected by faith in the POPE ALONE ... which is what you have when the POPE ignores the written word of God in favor of his 'new' understandings ... such as:
-
it is OK to murder and torture heretics ...
it is OK to cover up pedophiles priests ...
it is OK to venerate Mary ...
it is OK to go through Mary in prayer to get to the Son, Jesus, who will in turn approach the Father ...
-
-
You Catholics spew about Protestants *private* interpretation of the Bible ...
but SOMEHOW miss the fact that the POPE is making his OWN *private* interpretations that NO ONE is allowed to question.
-
At least the Protestants question the authority of those making "private interpretation" which is why there are so many denominations ...
--
and they FIRST questioned the right of the POPE to interpret scripture.
-
Private interpretation by the POPE - of all people - who is the most powerful religious figure on the planet ... by virtue of Popes who came before him who ... murdered . tortured . waged war . In God's Name.
-
do you not realize that ordering the MURDER of HERETICS is *private interpretation* by the Pope?
-
do you not realize that ordering the TORTURE of HERETICS is *private interpretation* by the Pope?
-
do you not realize that ordering WAR against HERETICS is *private interpretation* by the Pope?
-
-
Nice *private interpretation* you guys got going there and all the Popes underlings are eager to obey. Scary. And you think Peter was given this right by Jesus? That's even more scary.
-
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Mary is in the grave, but you and your "born again" friends are going straight to heaven when you die.
When I die , My flesh and bones will be in the grave and will rot.
Just like Mary's

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no understanding of spiritual things at all do you Anthony.
Who is God?? Who is the Holy Spirit??? "WHO IS JESUS" ??
I have no clue as why anthony made this statement.

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was not a male?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

When I die...My spirit will ascend ..To God that created me....

My body will DECAY

AND

go back to dust of the earth ...

There it will remain until the first resurrection...

Then my Spirit and a my body ...( MADE LIKE UNTO THE GLORIOUS BODY OF JESUS CHRIST...will be reunited) AND SO i SHALL EVER BE WITH THE lORD...

THE BIBLE SAYS...

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:

but

we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
"And the Church is not an invisible body of believers loosely connected by faith in the bible alone. Sorry."
-
the "church" is not an invisible body of believers loosely connected by faith in the POPE ALONE ... which is what you have when the POPE ignores the written word of God in favor of his 'new' understandings ... such as:
-
it is OK to murder and torture heretics ...
it is OK to cover up pedophiles priests ...
it is OK to venerate Mary ...
it is OK to go through Mary in prayer to get to the Son, Jesus, who will in turn approach the Father ...
-
-
You Catholics spew about Protestants *private* interpretation of the Bible ...
but SOMEHOW miss the fact that the POPE is making his OWN *private* interpretations that NO ONE is allowed to question.
-
At least the Protestants question the authority of those making "private interpretation" which is why there are so many denominations ...
--
and they FIRST questioned the right of the POPE to interpret scripture.
-
Private interpretation by the POPE - of all people - who is the most powerful religious figure on the planet ... by virtue of Popes who came before him who ... murdered . tortured . waged war . In God's Name.
-
do you not realize that ordering the MURDER of HERETICS is *private interpretation* by the Pope?
-
do you not realize that ordering the TORTURE of HERETICS is *private interpretation* by the Pope?
-
do you not realize that ordering WAR against HERETICS is *private interpretation* by the Pope?
-
-
Nice *private interpretation* you guys got going there and all the Popes underlings are eager to obey. Scary. And you think Peter was given this right by Jesus? That's even more scary.
-
not trying to make you mad, but would you change your nick so we will not get you mixed up with the sda?and if you do, lets us know.k?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When I die...My spirit will ascend ..To God that created me....
My body will DECAY
AND
go back to dust of the earth ...
There it will remain until the first resurrection...
Then my Spirit and a my body ...( MADE LIKE UNTO THE GLORIOUS BODY OF JESUS CHRIST...will be reunited) AND SO i SHALL EVER BE WITH THE lORD...
THE BIBLE SAYS...
1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:
but
we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Rev_20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection:

on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, my point was that Noah had to do something to accept the grace he was granted. That does not mean he wasn't saved by grace.
When I'm baptized for the remission of my sins (Acts 2:38) it doesn't mean I am not saved by grace. It is only through God's grace anyone is saved. However, we are given commandments to follow and obey.
Did you see the verse i left you about God giving the Spirit to those who obey Him?(believe-repent)

One knows if he has the Spirit of Jesus living in them do you?

And the Bible says, one cannot obey unless he has the Spirit inside them because only then can we do the will of God. Then No, we can't boast because its God's work.

So if we are God's children(and those who are know they are), then it says we will be disciplined by HIM.

And the Bible says our faith is a gift from God even, i could go on to disprove your doctrine...

I just don't see the work part to get saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,241 - 406,260 of512,395
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••