Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,111
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421558 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say mike, I never heard of an Atheist who is so concerned with the affairs of the Catholic Church. Its a bit creepy.
Are you sure you're secure enough with the path you chose? Why the fixation with the beliefs and practices of the Church?
Worry about your own soul. You spend too much time on here trying to save everyone from the perils of everything non-catholic. Remember MOST roman catholics in our world are poor uneducated people.

I am an agnostic.........and Pope Benedict stated himself that Agnostics have a much better chance at the kingdom of heaven than do social catholics. Are you a social catholic?

http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2011/09/...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/281522/p...

.....searching for the truth........
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421559 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
I feel bad that the Holy Father is stepping down. I worry that a liberal will take his place. I hope this does not derail the talks the SSPX is having with the Vatican. He was a friend to those of us love the Latin Mass.
Pope Benedict will be missed,I thought of all the popes I have seen in my life time,he had a realistic view of his office,and he showed a unique sense of spiritual integrity.I actually liked him better than Pope John Paul2,although at times no one could ever reach the heights of personal leadership and commanding presence like Pope JP2.

There are many voices out there that suggest that the next Pope will be not only LIBERAL in a sense of public communication,but the LAST Pope of this end time period we are either in or embarking into.Those voices of course could be totally WRONG,but rest assure he will be watched and listened to with much caution,and alertness.But who knows the Cardinals might vote in another elderly pope who in a few years will retire.

Questions to the Catholics here,has any pope in the last two centuries retired?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421560 Feb 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Buh-bye!
"Ya'll come back now, hear?" - Jed Clampett
They are all lining up like sheep because Father Dye is leading them to CATHOLIC ANSWERS forum.

Within a few weeks they will slowly make their way back home to this forum as they have always done.

You'all come back now, here!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421561 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Benedict will be missed,I thought of all the popes I have seen in my life time,he had a realistic view of his office,and he showed a unique sense of spiritual integrity.I actually liked him better than Pope John Paul2,although at times no one could ever reach the heights of personal leadership and commanding presence like Pope JP2.
There are many voices out there that suggest that the next Pope will be not only LIBERAL in a sense of public communication,but the LAST Pope of this end time period we are either in or embarking into.Those voices of course could be totally WRONG,but rest assure he will be watched and listened to with much caution,and alertness.But who knows the Cardinals might vote in another elderly pope who in a few years will retire.
1415 was the last year a pope resigned office. 77 years before Christopher Columbus put the Nina, Pinta and Santa Marie into the water for the first time.

JOHN

Los Angeles, CA

#421562 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Benedict will be missed,I thought of all the popes I have seen in my life time,he had a realistic view of his office,and he showed a unique sense of spiritual integrity.I actually liked him better than Pope John Paul2,although at times no one could ever reach the heights of personal leadership and commanding presence like Pope JP2.
Pad it has been a long time since we talked. It is good to hear from you. He is the first in over 600 years to retire. I felt that he was a good and holy Pope. I have been off the topix for a long time. I am now in SoCal and enjoying my granddaughters.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#421563 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely, he was exactly what the Church needed when he was elected. Lets pray for a Holy Father that takes his place to be as holy and gifted.
Amen, John. And what better day than this, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, to do as the Holy Father asks and implore Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin, to assist the Cardinal Fathers in their decision.

Be of good faith! Always remember...Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would never prevail against Holy Mother Church.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Now and forever.

Our help is in the name of the Lord.
Who made heaven and earth.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421564 Feb 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Rob
I have been considering what you write for awhile.
It is difficult to get up and just walk away. And one hopes that some new person coming to the thread, with an open mind is not so influenced by the perpetuated lies, that one lingers on this thread....
And of course there is the possibility that some of the heretics might re-examine their belief systems....
But that being said, one can spend a better time in prayer, and study, for edification, than just getting the repetition of lies, and repeating the same answers....
There is almost no room for discussion here. Thus no reasoning, no communication. Catholic Answers forum may be a better expression of faith, and faithfulness....
Let each be moved by the Holy Spirit....
I shall be leaving.
Why do you call this man your Father? Is there something biological between the two of you? I'm guessing there isn't else you'd communicate somewhere else.

Matthew 23:9 - And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

If anything Rob is your brother. I have many brothers and sisters in Christ, but only ONE Father!

Rob, why do you accept others' references to you as God?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421565 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM,
Obedient faith....
Romans 16:26
26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the [obedience] that comes from [faith—]
OBEDIENCE (WORKS) THAT COMES FROM FAITH ( GIFT FROM GOD)

JESUS SAVES US (WE REPENT;WHICH IS OUR WORKS)
BECAUSE OF THE GIFT OF FAITH GOD GAVE ; ITS NOT OUR WORKS,BUT OUR FAITH .
BECAUSE OF OUR FAITH [GODS GIFT;] WE ARE BAPTIZED IN WATER; [OUR WORKS]

WORKS WITH OUT FAITH IS MEANING LESS,

James 2:14-26

New King James Version (NKJV)

Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them,“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say,“You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says,“Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Ephesians 2:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

IF WE ARE NOT DOING THE WORK THAT THE FATHER HAS ORDAINED , WE HAVE A DEAD FAITH GOOD FOR NOTHING.
ITS NOT THE WORKS WE WANT TO DO OR THINK WE SHOULD DO, BUT WHAT GOD HAS ORDAIN US TO DO.
SO OUR OBEDIENCE TO GOD IN ALL HE HAS COMMANDED IS THE WORKS WE DO. BECAUSE OF OUR GOD GIVEN FAITH.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421566 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
pope benny is retiring!! indict him,force him to tell the truth.the guilt was eating away at him.
Jethro, you should run for Pope. The qualifications legally are ANY SINGLE MALE CATHOLIC ADULT under the age of 80 even though traditionally its usually been up to the eligible voting cardinals.

If I can get into the conclave somehow I would vote for you. You could reform the entire church. Hire any cardinals you want to, get rid of any you don't like.

http://answers.encyclopedia.com/question/elig...
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#421567 Feb 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
This is the first time in six hundred years.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421568 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll to prove scripture itself as the sole source of Christianity before you demand anything of Catholics.
I believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God. Do Catholics believe God forgot a few things in it and is having to amend it?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421569 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, John. And what better day than this, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, to do as the Holy Father asks and implore Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin, to assist the Cardinal Fathers in their decision.
Be of good faith! Always remember...Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would never prevail against Holy Mother Church.
Now and forever.
...If the catholic church states that the holy spirit guides the cardinals electing a new pope, why would they often have to have multiple votes to determine a winner? Shouldn't all the cardinals at every election vote exactly the same if the holy spirit is guiding all of them EXACTLY the same?(lol)

Makes no common sense.........right?

Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421570 Feb 11, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>The Associated Press
NEW YORK -- New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan says electing a new pope is all new to him since he's still learning what it means to be archbishop.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/11/3228158...
I can't find the requirements for a archbishop in my New Testament either. Help!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421571 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first time in six hundred years.
1415 AD.........

Has this pope started a new precident or trend? Will future popes decide to resign rather than die in office?

I doubt the next pope will be as ultra conservative as this pope. Benedict was a very intelligent man, but he failed to bring catholics together and failed to fully correct many of the scandals that currently riddle the church, caused by the church leaders themselves.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421572 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now and forever.
Regina, why don't you pray to God like the apostles did to elect a leader of the church .
Only God in Heaven knows a persons heart.
I pray another POpe will never be elected period.
I pray to God ' this evil instituation will be torn down and every brick crush and blowed to the wind. the earth will be rid of it once and for all.
The gates of hell which starts at the vatican has not stood against God's one true spiritual church.
The catholic' wh--'s days are numbered. Praise the Lord
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421573 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>According to scripture I believe they are.
I wouldn't feel comfortable teaching someone that they are, but I think they are too. Not that it matters... Just, interesting.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421574 Feb 11, 2013
Several popes throughout history have resigned. Some were even forced out.

Most popes who have resigned did so during much turmoil in the church. Pope Benedict would fit that mold as well.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/rss/article/297...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421575 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (CCC, par. 841)
Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians.
Any one see a problem with this statement?
Why because Muslims reject Jesus as Lord and savior so clearly they don't recognize the same God as Abraham as they deny his seed Jesus the Christ
One more big Reason the RCC is not the one true church revealed in Scriptures its a sugar coated lie.
I have a Qu'ran and most stories in there which respond in content to the same ones found in the book of Genesis,are different and should ring an alarm in non-Muslims who read the KORAN,knowing the Bible as well.

The story of Joseph,son of Isaac, has both questionable,and barely similar facts to his life, in the Koran vs. the Bible.For instance Joseph when in Potipher's house yes was seduced by Potipher's whorish wife,Joseph did flee the room,when she tried to physically grope him for sexual pleasure.The Koran says she grabbed his shirt,but the Bible says she grabbed his lower garment.Of course the shirt and lower garment could be one garment with a belt of some sort.She was able to tear the garment from his body,he ran with it wrapped around him of perhaps even naked.

Not so important of a fact of difference,but Later when Potipher is made aware of the situation by the jilted wife who is accusing Joseph of trying to seduce her and even rape,the servants in the house come to Joseph's aid according to the K O R A N,and other neighbors who know of Potipher's wife (as she is like a whore) also speak in behalf of Joseph's innocence.The K O R A N states that Potipher believed them and even offered Joseph immunity,but that Joseph chose instead to go to prison.That is of course not the facts of the Book of Genesis or the Torah.We know that Potipher honored his wife's accusations and sent Joseph to prison.

The main story of Abraham his sons Ishmael and Isaac are another account that differs between the Bible and the K o r a n.Abraham is said to have offered up Ishmael to Allah according to the Koran,and the Angel of the Lord stops him,and because Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only son Ishmael,Allah blesses him with the second son from Sarah(Sarai),I s a a c.In the Koran,Isaac is never offered up as we read in the B i b l e.The Koran states that Isaac is the Gift from Allah to Abraham(Ibrahim),because he showed much faith in attempting to offer up Ishmael on an altar,which is meant for the Lamb or goat.

Of course the Koran states that Lazarus and Elizabeth have John the Baptist,but even that story is changed somewhat from the correct account we read in the book of Luke in the New Testament.

The birth of Isa(Jesus) is uniquely different in the Koran,especially in the book or chapter on Maryam(Mary),in the Koran.Not at all similar to the account of Luke in the NT.

The Koran states that Jesus never died on the cross,and Allah hid him away,that he with his mother escaped to (modern day Turkey),where he preached and lived to a ripe old age.

It is quite ludicrous that any Christian prelate should acknowledge the Koran as a holy book sent by God,and that Allah is the same God as in the Torah.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421576 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, why don't you pray to God like the apostles did to elect a leader of the church .
Only God in Heaven knows a persons heart.
I pray another POpe will never be elected period.
I pray to God ' this evil instituation will be torn down and every brick crush and blowed to the wind. the earth will be rid of it once and for all.
The gates of hell which starts at the vatican has not stood against God's one true spiritual church.
The catholic' wh--'s days are numbered. Praise the Lord
You are going to get a lot of NASTY responses to your post above.

I will sit on the sidelines and watch...

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421577 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>He was pooped out before he ever became Pope.
I remember seeing Pope John II how sick he was the last few years before he died ; couldn't even wave his hand by himself.
I felt so sorry for him.
Maybe this Pope remembers that too, and wants to leave before he gets to that point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 1 hr Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••