Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 549,002
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421539 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
here all this time I thought I was worshiping Jesus Christ. It took a really smart Pentecostal Baptist Evangelical (or whatever you are) to save me from the idolatry I was doing by worshiping Mary!
lol.
I got news for you, for every soul you steal away from the Eucharist using these lies, is a soul you'll need to explain to Christ someday.
It seems you guys cant function as a religion unless you bear false witness against Catholics.
(that is undeniable proof for me, that I indeed belong in the correct Church)
Just so you know you are a Roman Catholic

I am a Christian catholic small c meaning I am a Universal Christian.

I follow the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles as revealed in teh Holy scriptures.

AS your sect contradicts these teachings by bowing down to men, kissing their Ring finger in the same way Caesars of Rome demanded in their Day, as you worship graven images of dead people bow before them and pray in their name, as you adhere to the RCC Gospel that demands works be infused with grace to be saved (a different Gospel than what the Bible Reveals), as your sect believes in the heretical teaching of Purgatory, the False teaching of the Eucharist that you are literally eating human flesh no less than Jesus's flesh, the false teaching that infants can be baptized with confessing Jesus as their Lord as Savior,
The False teaching that Mary is the Mother of God and never sinned when the Paul teachs clearly in Romans all have sinned.

When the little anti Christ Pope John Paul kissed the Quran and with a so called HOLY SEE kiss the RC did not even bat an eye lash.
Yet when a wack job like the Pastor at Colarado Baptist church and he is wacko wants to burns the Quran you all go crazy.

At least he knows that the Quran comes from the pit of Hell itself
But even that self evident truth is beyond the so called Pope the Apostle in lineage of Peter. WHAT a JOKE the Papacy has become.

PETER would vomit out such an act and condemn it. Again a kiss to the ring finger of a king or RC pope is a sign of submission as was the kiss of the Quran.

You see you are so blinded by your RCC indoctrination that when YOU bow before a graven images of a woman with Blonde hair and blue eyes and call upon the name Mary to intercede for you, and then you believe you are actually worshiping Jesus.

Yet NOT ONCE in all of the NT did a disciple Apostle, the Christ Jesus ever ever pray to a dead person I.E. a person not in our world.

IN fact every example of pray in the NT is to God.
IN Fact when Jesus instructed his disciples to pray he taught them to begin with OUR FARTHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN

Not Moses who are in heaven or Joseph.

You are depraved and no I do not have the power to open your eyes to this truth only the Spirit of God if you let him as God will honor your freedom to choose.

But I will post through you to those whose hearts and souls are truly open to the truth to show them the RCC is not the ONE true Church as revealed in Scripture.

The RCC is a sugar coated Lie.

Truth Matters RC's worship Idols and graven images of Men.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421540 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Benedict's own answer is better than anything anyone else could provide. I'm sort of surprised you have to ask, since yo could have quite easily found an official statement on your own.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/officia...
Rob
He was pooped out before he ever became Pope.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421541 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll to prove scripture itself as the sole source of Christianity before you demand anything of Catholics.
If you take a teaching of the catholic church like infant baptism and I say to prove the teaching from scripture and even though you believe God's Word itself is not the sole source of Christianity, it does still in fact contradict God's Word...correct?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421542 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
Its exciting to see who our next Pope is. I hope its Cardinal Dolan.
Thank you Pope Benedict for being a great shepherd to the faithful.
The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan says electing a new pope is all new to him since he's still learning what it means to be archbishop.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/11/3228158...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421543 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way you would know it were time for you to resign from a position. If you felt you could no longer fulfill the obligations which go with a position you held, then you would (it is to be hoped) own up to that realtiy, and resign the position.
Rob
I guess we will have to wait and see if he goes up in a chariot of fire then we will know it was Gods will that he resigned. You do know in the past some of Gods Prophets checked out as a martyr or by natural death.

United States

#421544 Feb 11, 2013
Chuck wrote:
But if God has put him there, how does the pope know it's God's will for him to resign?
-
I guess the answer to that question is:*Most* of the popes realized it was time to resign when they got "dead."
-
-
Check out his Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/Pontifex
-
on Feb 3 he said:
-

"Let us imitate the Virgin Mary in welcoming and guarding the word of Jesus, in order to recognize him as Lord in our lives."
-
So. What I am wondering is this: How is it "guarding" the word of Jesus when they insist on calling priests Father and going against the very words of Christ when Jesus himself said, "Call no man your Father."?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421545 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say mike, I never heard of an Atheist who is so concerned with the affairs of the Catholic Church. Its a bit creepy.
Are you sure you're secure enough with the path you chose? Why the fixation with the beliefs and practices of the Church?
Clay

concerned in Eygpt brought up the fact of pope john paul kissing the quran. Can the passage below apply to the pope:

2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

*or is your argument God's Word is not the sole source of Christianity?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421546 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of the most interesting figures in the Bible to me are The Angel of the Lord and Melchizedek.
I've always been curious..... one in the same? Jesus, perhaps?
According to scripture I believe they are.

United States

#421547 Feb 11, 2013
Why can't Catholics realize that when a "new" pope makes up rules such as this as he goes along, that it is his own PRIVATE INTERPRETATION?
-
but then again **Popes** are allowed to make up things as they go along, aren't they?
-
but nobody else is allowed to.
JOHN

Los Angeles, CA

#421548 Feb 11, 2013
I feel bad that the Holy Father is stepping down. I worry that a liberal will take his place. I hope this does not derail the talks the SSPX is having with the Vatican. He was a friend to those of us love the Latin Mass.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421549 Feb 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of faith is to see what you believe..(St. Augustine)
There is a difference between faith and belief. Error creeps in when one has faith in their beliefs. This is where one must be cautious.
Beliefs are based on experience and knowledge. Now knowledge may or may not be correct. And experience may be real or not real....
So for instance, a born-again Christian, that bases their faith in the experience(belief) of being born again, often finds in time that as the experience fades, so does that faith in being born-again.
Likewise, in Gnosticism, having the knowledge of enlightenment in time fades, and so enlightenment fades....
Rather it is better to have faith in God, and Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, then seek knowledge and experience which yields belief....
You are such a spin-doctor.

And being "Catholic" is an all-emcompassing experience in faith and belief.
- Far from it....

In your future posts to me, please check your ego at the door.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#421550 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Benedict's own answer is better than anything anyone else could provide. I'm sort of surprised you have to ask, since yo could have quite easily found an official statement on your own.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/officia...
Rob
Even his resignation statement is humble and beautiful. What a holy and gifted man. My heart is very heavy with this news since we were in such dire need of an orthodox shepherd. Along with many, many others I was thrilled when he was elected. Yet it's been obvious for some time that his health has been deteriorating, so I pray he is finally able to get the rest he deserves after these many years in service to the servants of God. May the Lord be with him now and forever.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421551 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as the Catholic church teaches, as a matter of fact.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/873.htm
Rob
Where would I read about the apostles successors and their qualifications? Surely not in the New Testament?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421552 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM,
Man's [obedient faith] responds to receive the gift that God is giving us.
Hi Truth ,
Well we know that without faith which is God given (not our work)its a gift from God.
We would not beable to recieve the gift of salvation which is the (WORKS OF CHRIST' NOT OUR WORKS)
If we are lead by the Holy Spirit, He will lead us to the works He has had planned for us before time began .
We can not do these works without the gifts of the Holy Spirit, so in fact it is the Holy Spirit working through us , its our obediance to the Holy Spirit , that is the works we do.
Here is where the fruits of the Holy Spirit comes in , Love, Joy, and Peace, etc the greatest of these is Love.
'WE NO LONG WALK IN THE FLESH; BUT IN THE SPIRIT" .
Being baptized in water, is important, because here we are putting off the old man and putting on the new man.
'OLD THINGS PASS AWAY EVERYTHING BECAMES LIKE BRAND NEW'
THE OLD MAN DIES, GOING DOWN IN THE WATER,[BEING BURIED WITH CHRIST), COMING UP IN THE WATER,{BEING RESURRECTED ,RISING A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS}.( IN OBEDIENCE TO JESUS WE GET BAPTIZED IN WATER,[ WHICH IS THE BAPTISM OF JOHN] WE HAVE TO DO IT OURSELVES THAT IS OUR WORKS.
IT IS A BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, BUT WATER BAPTISM DOESN'T SAVE US . WE ARE SAVED BY GOD'S GRACE 'THROUGH FAITH . "NOT OF WORKS LESS ANY MAN SHOULD BOOST; FAITH ISN'T A WORKS IT IS A GIFT .
THE BAPTISM OF JESUS IS WITH THE HOLY GHOST AND FIRE, THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT BAPTISM.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421553 Feb 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Rob
I have been considering what you write for awhile.
It is difficult to get up and just walk away. And one hopes that some new person coming to the thread, with an open mind is not so influenced by the perpetuated lies, that one lingers on this thread....
And of course there is the possibility that some of the heretics might re-examine their belief systems....
But that being said, one can spend a better time in prayer, and study, for edification, than just getting the repetition of lies, and repeating the same answers....
There is almost no room for discussion here. Thus no reasoning, no communication. Catholic Answers forum may be a better expression of faith, and faithfulness....
Let each be moved by the Holy Spirit....
I shall be leaving.
Buh-bye!

"Ya'll come back now, hear?" - Jed Clampett
JOHN

Los Angeles, CA

#421554 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Even his resignation statement is humble and beautiful. What a holy and gifted man. My heart is very heavy with this news since we were in such dire need of an orthodox shepherd. Along with many, many others I was thrilled when he was elected. Yet it's been obvious for some time that his health has been deteriorating, so I pray he is finally able to get the rest he deserves after these many years in service to the servants of God. May the Lord be with him now and forever.
I agree with you completely, he was exactly what the Church needed when he was elected. Lets pray for a Holy Father that takes his place to be as holy and gifted.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421555 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
pope benny is retiring!! indict him,force him to tell the truth.the guilt was eating away at him.
Jethro. Its is called a RESIGNATION of office.

During his tenor, look at the number of scandals that have arisen? Everyone one of them was caused by the clergy themselves, not catholic followers, not the media, and not us.

He has failed to bring catholics together as we know there are several divides amongst catholics today.

We do know that the vast majority of roman catholics today are poor uneducated people living below the equator and in the middle east continents of Africa/Asia.

Once a strong western world alliance, has quickly evaporated over the past 50 years.

Example: 85% of the people of France are baptized roman catholic yet less than 8% practice their faith.

It will be interesting to see what direction the church will go in order to try and bring continuity to a church that is torn in many directions today.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421556 Feb 11, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>He was pooped out before he ever became Pope.
he was a joke pope,world leaders didn't like him,he was going to brazil i believe, and the people and president of the country basically said, SO WHAT.on his last trip there, only 2% of the population went to see him.gee i wonder why? simple, he was a puppet pope,he was elected to give him diplomatic immunity that's all. now i'd like to see someone have the guts to indict him and force him testify on every thing he knew and hid from the public. GIVE THE CHURCHES VICTIMS JUSTICE!!
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421557 Feb 11, 2013
The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (CCC, par. 841)

Now the Catholic Catechism says Muslims worship the same God as Christians.

Any one see a problem with this statement?

Why because Muslims reject Jesus as Lord and savior so clearly they don't recognize the same God as Abraham as they deny his seed Jesus the Christ

One more big Reason the RCC is not the one true church revealed in Scriptures its a sugar coated lie.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421558 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say mike, I never heard of an Atheist who is so concerned with the affairs of the Catholic Church. Its a bit creepy.
Are you sure you're secure enough with the path you chose? Why the fixation with the beliefs and practices of the Church?
Worry about your own soul. You spend too much time on here trying to save everyone from the perils of everything non-catholic. Remember MOST roman catholics in our world are poor uneducated people.

I am an agnostic.........and Pope Benedict stated himself that Agnostics have a much better chance at the kingdom of heaven than do social catholics. Are you a social catholic?

http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2011/09/...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/281522/p...

.....searching for the truth........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE