Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,312)

Showing posts 406,221 - 406,240 of530,140
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in scripture would I find the biblical requirements for a Cardinal?
You'll to prove scripture itself as the sole source of Christianity before you demand anything of Catholics.

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how come it's not in the old testament? maybe "churches" were not meant to be built? only one the true church which jesus sits upon his thrown up in heaven.
That is what i was doing showing them the church in scripture.

Hebrews 12:22
22But you are come to mount Sion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.
Hebrews 11:10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
----------
Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
----------
Hebrews 13:14 For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.
----------
Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I pray its someone that is not already a high profile individual. If it is, I would like Cardinal Dolan. But I know there are always a little politics involved as each person in the conclave 'wants a certain person'. Its human nature.
Check the current ODDS board.........pick a winner.

http://www.olbg.com/next-pope.htm

I am going with a cardinal from Italy, or Cardinal Arinze, or Turkson from Gahna from Africa.

Remember by far MOST roman catholics today reside in developing poor countries in South America and fast exploding Africa/Asia.

Cardinal Dolan would be a long shot because americans are way to liberal, however the Catholic Ouellet from Canada who has been working exclusively in Rome the past couple years has a good shot at it.

What say you Clay? Who is your odds on favorite.

There are hundreds of betting agencies on line actually with money betting customers, and the top 3 or 4 currently seem to be in the top running at most of them.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
Its exciting to see who our next Pope is. I hope its Cardinal Dolan.
Thank you Pope Benedict for being a great shepherd to the faithful.
The most important question might be who will be chosen as the next new Popes butler, seeing that the current butler was a thief. Trouble seems to follow the catholic church around. Ever notice that?

Will this new Pope cut the nuns some slack and meet somewhere in the middle? Will the next pope clean house regarding the many different scandals going on? Will he question the clergy joining the many priest associations that are springing faster than mushrooms? Will the pope slacken the tightness of rules on divorce, celebacy.

Exciting times are coming!

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

pope benny is retiring!! indict him,force him to tell the truth.the guilt was eating away at him.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the current ODDS board.........pick a winner.
http://www.olbg.com/next-pope.htm
I am going with a cardinal from Italy, or Cardinal Arinze, or Turkson from Gahna from Africa.
Remember by far MOST roman catholics today reside in developing poor countries in South America and fast exploding Africa/Asia.
Cardinal Dolan would be a long shot because americans are way to liberal, however the Catholic Ouellet from Canada who has been working exclusively in Rome the past couple years has a good shot at it.
What say you Clay? Who is your odds on favorite.
There are hundreds of betting agencies on line actually with money betting customers, and the top 3 or 4 currently seem to be in the top running at most of them.
I must say mike, I never heard of an Atheist who is so concerned with the affairs of the Catholic Church. Its a bit creepy.
Are you sure you're secure enough with the path you chose? Why the fixation with the beliefs and practices of the Church?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
So the pope is resigning. Interesting.......
Yeppers

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/europe/po...

Now to see if the prophecy of the Popes stands true.

According to Polly/HOJO Pope John Paul should resurrect and appear on the scene any time now..........lol
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good and noble of our Pope. You can't really be a good leader when you're incapacitated by old age. He's doing the right thing by letting someone younger at the helm. Heck, some people that age spend yrs on life support before death. What good is that if you're supposed to be ministering to people?
Clay says......

....He's doing the right thing by letting someone younger at the helm.

Michael says........If I stated that to you last week you would have got angry and said BALONEY!

We know he is getting old but he never cancelled any trips of late. Heck he just opened a twitter account with catholics.

I am sure his health isn't the best, but you can be damn sure the turmoil within the church had a part to play with that.

The next pope has to bring catholics together. This pope failed to do that, and as you know look at all the negativity going on right within the church itself.

1) Bishop/Cardinal infighting as expressed in the stolen memos by the popes butler.

2) Nuns investigations, that will never come to a total resolve.

3) Priests in america, Ireland, and other countries for the first time forming unions so the clergy can stand in solidarity when issues within the church authority arise.

4) More catholics abandoning mass attendance

5) Growing number of catholics believing celebacy should be optional.

6) Just in the past 5 years catholic women defying the church creating women priests/bishops that the church says are wrong.

The next pope will have to hit the ground running. It will be hard to please everyone.

Remember church going catholics pay all the freight for the entire church. Compromises will have to be made, because catholics in the western world today are fast disappearing as Africa/Asia are fast becoming the NEW CATHOLIC DIRECTION........even though the church is universal.

Interesting times ahead.....

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Marge, so kind of you to ask about me. As you probably know, both my husband and I are fighting sicknesses, but it could be worse. He has chronic congestive heart failure but his last test showed significant improvement! He literally saved my life last week; I went into insulin shock (my sugar plummeted to 20) but we have one of those Life Alert Systems and the paramedics and police were here within minutes. I spent 4 days in the hospital while they tried to get my sugar regulated. The GREAT news is we have our first grandson, Blake! He's 4 months old today. We're thrilled! My son and his wife are wonderful parents. Even their little dog is protective of the baby.
I come here hoping that some of my past faith will somehow get me in its grasp again. Sadly that hasn't happened yet, but I do read and try. Thanks again for inquiring about me; I hope you're doing well and I look forward to talking to you again! God bless :)
Sharlayne, I am sorry to heart about your illness's that both you and your husband are suffering from.
Congradulations on your new Grandson, they are so percious.
My siter is a diabetic also , I am familar with what insulin shock does to a persons body. I am glad you pulled out of it alright.
Let you faith in Christ raise up within you Sharlayne, and trust God to do the rest.
The catholic faith is just that : its not faith in God or in Jesus Christs works on the cross.
God Bless you and your husband.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
here all this time I thought I was worshiping Jesus Christ. It took a really smart Pentecostal Baptist Evangelical (or whatever you are) to save me from the idolatry I was doing by worshiping Mary!
lol.
I got news for you, for every soul you steal away from the Eucharist using these lies, is a soul you'll need to explain to Christ someday.
It seems you guys cant function as a religion unless you bear false witness against Catholics.
(that is undeniable proof for me, that I indeed belong in the correct Church)
Just so you know you are a Roman Catholic

I am a Christian catholic small c meaning I am a Universal Christian.

I follow the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles as revealed in teh Holy scriptures.

AS your sect contradicts these teachings by bowing down to men, kissing their Ring finger in the same way Caesars of Rome demanded in their Day, as you worship graven images of dead people bow before them and pray in their name, as you adhere to the RCC Gospel that demands works be infused with grace to be saved (a different Gospel than what the Bible Reveals), as your sect believes in the heretical teaching of Purgatory, the False teaching of the Eucharist that you are literally eating human flesh no less than Jesus's flesh, the false teaching that infants can be baptized with confessing Jesus as their Lord as Savior,
The False teaching that Mary is the Mother of God and never sinned when the Paul teachs clearly in Romans all have sinned.

When the little anti Christ Pope John Paul kissed the Quran and with a so called HOLY SEE kiss the RC did not even bat an eye lash.
Yet when a wack job like the Pastor at Colarado Baptist church and he is wacko wants to burns the Quran you all go crazy.

At least he knows that the Quran comes from the pit of Hell itself
But even that self evident truth is beyond the so called Pope the Apostle in lineage of Peter. WHAT a JOKE the Papacy has become.

PETER would vomit out such an act and condemn it. Again a kiss to the ring finger of a king or RC pope is a sign of submission as was the kiss of the Quran.

You see you are so blinded by your RCC indoctrination that when YOU bow before a graven images of a woman with Blonde hair and blue eyes and call upon the name Mary to intercede for you, and then you believe you are actually worshiping Jesus.

Yet NOT ONCE in all of the NT did a disciple Apostle, the Christ Jesus ever ever pray to a dead person I.E. a person not in our world.

IN fact every example of pray in the NT is to God.
IN Fact when Jesus instructed his disciples to pray he taught them to begin with OUR FARTHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN

Not Moses who are in heaven or Joseph.

You are depraved and no I do not have the power to open your eyes to this truth only the Spirit of God if you let him as God will honor your freedom to choose.

But I will post through you to those whose hearts and souls are truly open to the truth to show them the RCC is not the ONE true Church as revealed in Scripture.

The RCC is a sugar coated Lie.

Truth Matters RC's worship Idols and graven images of Men.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Benedict's own answer is better than anything anyone else could provide. I'm sort of surprised you have to ask, since yo could have quite easily found an official statement on your own.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/officia...
Rob
He was pooped out before he ever became Pope.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll to prove scripture itself as the sole source of Christianity before you demand anything of Catholics.
If you take a teaching of the catholic church like infant baptism and I say to prove the teaching from scripture and even though you believe God's Word itself is not the sole source of Christianity, it does still in fact contradict God's Word...correct?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
Its exciting to see who our next Pope is. I hope its Cardinal Dolan.
Thank you Pope Benedict for being a great shepherd to the faithful.
The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan says electing a new pope is all new to him since he's still learning what it means to be archbishop.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/11/3228158...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way you would know it were time for you to resign from a position. If you felt you could no longer fulfill the obligations which go with a position you held, then you would (it is to be hoped) own up to that realtiy, and resign the position.
Rob
I guess we will have to wait and see if he goes up in a chariot of fire then we will know it was Gods will that he resigned. You do know in the past some of Gods Prophets checked out as a martyr or by natural death.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Chuck wrote:
But if God has put him there, how does the pope know it's God's will for him to resign?
-
I guess the answer to that question is:*Most* of the popes realized it was time to resign when they got "dead."
-
-
Check out his Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/Pontifex
-
on Feb 3 he said:
-

"Let us imitate the Virgin Mary in welcoming and guarding the word of Jesus, in order to recognize him as Lord in our lives."
-
So. What I am wondering is this: How is it "guarding" the word of Jesus when they insist on calling priests Father and going against the very words of Christ when Jesus himself said, "Call no man your Father."?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say mike, I never heard of an Atheist who is so concerned with the affairs of the Catholic Church. Its a bit creepy.
Are you sure you're secure enough with the path you chose? Why the fixation with the beliefs and practices of the Church?
Clay

concerned in Eygpt brought up the fact of pope john paul kissing the quran. Can the passage below apply to the pope:

2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

*or is your argument God's Word is not the sole source of Christianity?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of the most interesting figures in the Bible to me are The Angel of the Lord and Melchizedek.
I've always been curious..... one in the same? Jesus, perhaps?
According to scripture I believe they are.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Why can't Catholics realize that when a "new" pope makes up rules such as this as he goes along, that it is his own PRIVATE INTERPRETATION?
-
but then again **Popes** are allowed to make up things as they go along, aren't they?
-
but nobody else is allowed to.
JOHN

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I feel bad that the Holy Father is stepping down. I worry that a liberal will take his place. I hope this does not derail the talks the SSPX is having with the Vatican. He was a friend to those of us love the Latin Mass.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of faith is to see what you believe..(St. Augustine)
There is a difference between faith and belief. Error creeps in when one has faith in their beliefs. This is where one must be cautious.
Beliefs are based on experience and knowledge. Now knowledge may or may not be correct. And experience may be real or not real....
So for instance, a born-again Christian, that bases their faith in the experience(belief) of being born again, often finds in time that as the experience fades, so does that faith in being born-again.
Likewise, in Gnosticism, having the knowledge of enlightenment in time fades, and so enlightenment fades....
Rather it is better to have faith in God, and Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, then seek knowledge and experience which yields belief....
You are such a spin-doctor.

And being "Catholic" is an all-emcompassing experience in faith and belief.
- Far from it....

In your future posts to me, please check your ego at the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,221 - 406,240 of530,140
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••