Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,181 - 406,200 of 533,887 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
418 388
<quoted text>
I never said I could not find the word "church" in the Bible...Kingdom is not a definition of church...
Daniel 2:44

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Ephesians 3:21

21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

The church will last forever just like the Kingdom.

The kingdom of Old Testament prophecy is the church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .
Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.
LTM,

Man's [obedient faith] responds to receive the gift that God is giving us.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"the RCC is a sect that has biblical doctrine and non biblical doctrine, like Mary Worship.."
Then you said: "I trace my spiritual heritage through the spirit of God and am united through him to the body of Christ"
Here is the problem: the first quote above is a lie. No matter how many gazillion times you guys accuse us of worshiping Mary, its still a lie- just like the first time you uttered it.
So am I to believe you are united to Christ when you spread lies about Catholics?
Is that how you're successful in Brazil? By using deceit to get them away from the Catholic Church?
How are souls saved?

Per the most important apparition in RCC history... Mary tells the world...

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved..."

Clear as day -- devotion to Mary = saved souls.

At what point does "devotion to save one's soul = worship?

Either Mary is to be worshiped, or she is being used like a pimp uses his hoos -- for his own gain.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .
Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.
LTM,

Obedient faith....

Romans 16:26

26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the [obedience] that comes from [faith—]
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how come it's not in the old testament? maybe "churches" were not meant to be built? only one the true church which jesus sits upon his thrown up in heaven.
It is better understood in terms of it also being the Kingdom. The Kingdom is spoken of throughout the Bible OT and New. It is recorded in each gospel that Jesus said many in the crowd would not die until the Kingdom arrived with power. It arrived with power from the Holy Spirit in Acts 2. Later in Revelation when John is writing to the 7 churches he tells them he is with them in the Kingdom.

To deny this fact would be to deny that Jesus Christ is now currently an eternal King. If he has no current Kingdom what is He King of? Is Jesus not yet a King?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better understood in terms of it also being the Kingdom. The Kingdom is spoken of throughout the Bible OT and New. It is recorded in each gospel that Jesus said many in the crowd would not die until the Kingdom arrived with power. It arrived with power from the Holy Spirit in Acts 2. Later in Revelation when John is writing to the 7 churches he tells them he is with them in the Kingdom.
To deny this fact would be to deny that Jesus Christ is now currently an eternal King. If he has no current Kingdom what is He King of? Is Jesus not yet a King?
"The Church" and "The Kingdom" are two different descriptions of the same group of people that are of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus who is "king" over the kingdom......

Jesus who is "head" over the church.......
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Church" and "The Kingdom" are two different descriptions of the same group of people that are of God.
AMEN.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus who is "king" over the kingdom......
Jesus who is "head" over the church.......
...and AMEN.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I really think it is time to just let them go. Let them turn and devour one another.
I have watched the same falsehood stated over and over.
"The Catholic Church teaches x."
"Um ... no. Here is the appropriate reference from the Catechism. The CC does NOT teach or practice what you are saying."
Followed by either ....
"Does too!"
or ...
Silence for a while, and then a repetition of the original false statement.
or ...
Changing the subject.
I'll grant, the title of this thread is unnecessarily inflammatory. It's a red cape for the uneducated.
But there really isn't anything we can do about that. The person who started the thread did not understand the article she linked to, or purposely misstated it, to get a fight going.("Let's you and him fight!")
I think we would all be better served by abandoning this thread. Let the anti-Catholics revel in in, and do not even answer them.
They have all had abundant opportunity to ask a number of Catholics (or even a priest!) what we believe and why we believe it, and what it means for our lives, and our relationship with Jesus Christ.
They have not availed themselves of the opportunity. It does not interest them.
They want you to tell them that they are right (all of them, even though they do not agree with one another), and you (we) are wrong.
I would quit wasting time. We would be better served (as well as those who might want to know something about the Church!) if we abandoned this thread, and posted to some of the others on the forum.
Or pulled up stakes entirely, and head over to Catholic Answers forums.
Let them continue, to their own destruction. They cannot fool anyone who does not wish to be a fool. If they can attract someone to agree with them about ANYTHING by the beauty of their love for God expressed in love of neighbor, then they deserve their converts.
But you know as well as I that the "beauty" is sorely lacking, pushed asude by a desire to be "right," rather than a desire to know what is true (even when they disagree with it).
I hope all faithful Catholics can manage to shake the dust of tjis thread from our feet, and seek ways we can better serve the Lord, and better express our love for Him.
Rob
~~~

" Robert Dye"] wrote

"Clay, I really think it is time to just let them go. Let them turn and devour one another.

"Um ... no. Here is the appropriate reference from the Catechism. The CC does NOT teach or practice what you are saying."

~~~

You Roman Catholics remind me of the former PREVARICATOR...President.... Bill Clinton.

YOU CLAIM NOT TO DO.... WHAT YOU HAVE DONE ...AND ARE CURRENTLY INVOLVED IN.

YOU MUST TAKE THE WHOLE WORLD TO BE A BUNCH OF BLIND FOOLS...

YOU TELL A LIE WHEN THE TRUTH FITS BETTER,,,

YOU WILL FIND OUT TO LATE...

THAT YOUR ROME GROWN RELIGION (CONSTANTIN-ISM ) IS

NOT CHRISTIANITY, WHEN YOU STAND IN JUDGMENT BEFORE GOD.

That God don't compromise his word

for any one.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

devil is devil not agreement with devil
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

everything as devil want
blade
bladshade
it is written
bladeshade

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
RCC's bow before graven images of a Blonde haired blued statue that somehow is to represent an olive skin brown eyed woman from the line of David.
They pray before these graven images and contradict every teaching in the NT of how we are to pray.
Jesus taught us to pray and he never prayed to anyone other than God.
That is because prayer is act of worship and reserved for God only.
RC's clearly practice Idolatry and Idol worship.
They also pray to all sorts of graven images of dead men and women and commit Idolatry.
NO IF ANDs BUTS or ORS
here all this time I thought I was worshiping Jesus Christ. It took a really smart Pentecostal Baptist Evangelical (or whatever you are) to save me from the idolatry I was doing by worshiping Mary!
lol.

I got news for you, for every soul you steal away from the Eucharist using these lies, is a soul you'll need to explain to Christ someday.
It seems you guys cant function as a religion unless you bear false witness against Catholics.
(that is undeniable proof for me, that I indeed belong in the correct Church)
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I really think it is time to just let them go. Let them turn and devour one another.
Followed by either ....
"Does too!"
or ...
or ...
Changing the subject.
I'll grant, the title of this thread is unnecessarily inflammatory. It's a red cape for the uneducated.
But there really isn't anything we can do about that. The person who started the thread did not understand the article she linked to, or purposely misstated it, to get a fight going.("Let's you and him fight!")
I think we would all be better served by abandoning this thread. Let the anti-Catholics revel in in, and do not even answer them.
They have all had abundant opportunity to ask a number of Catholics (or even a priest!) what we believe and why we believe it, and what it means for our lives, and our relationship with Jesus Christ.
They want you to tell them that they are right (all of them, even though they do not agree with one another), and you (we) are wrong.
I would quit wasting time. We would be better served (as well as those who might want to know something about the Church!) if we abandoned this thread, and posted to some of the others on the forum.
Let them continue, to their own destruction. They cannot fool anyone who does not wish to be a fool. If they can attract someone to agree with them about ANYTHING by the beauty of their love for God expressed in love of neighbor, then they deserve their converts.
But you know as well as I that the "beauty" is sorely lacking, pushed asude by a desire to be "right," rather than a desire to know what is true (even when they disagree with it).
I hope all faithful Catholics can manage to shake the dust of tjis thread from our feet, and seek ways we can better serve the Lord, and better express our love for Him.
Rob
Robert, if all Catholics were Christians they would ALL be priests. 1 Pet. 2:5, 2:9
With a High Priest...
Heb. 4:14
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
...and members of His church are "in Christ"

We are added to that number the same way the first Christians were added to the church in Acts 2:37-41. The "one" baptism and "one" faith of Eph. 4:5.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, if all Catholics were Christians they would ALL be priests. 1 Pet. 2:5, 2:9
With a High Priest...
Heb. 4:14
~~~

If the billion Roman Catholics on earth were REAL Christians...

It would be a different world that we live in...WOULD IT NOT?

BUT

Since thy ONLY have a form of godliness and deny the power of God...

our world is ....

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness,

fornication,
wickedness,
covetousness,
maliciousness;
full of envy,
murder,
debate,
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,

Rom 1:30
Backbiters,
haters of God,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31
Without understanding,
covenant breakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

AND THEY GLORY IN THEIR IMPACT THAT THEY HAVE UPON THE EARTH
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Followed by either ....
"Does too!"
or ...
or ...
Changing the subject.
Rob
I want to take your advice. It does seem silly to go round and round. I had good conversation with a non denominal born again guy at work. He is a serious Christian and is very interested in the Catholic faith since we've talked. He is also very puzzled why his pastor over in Wisconsin is telling him something totally different. There is no doubt he'll be in the RCIA Class next year.
On this thread, its not so easy. We have ignorance like I've never come across before; career ministers who need to keep teaching a certain way no matter what.

I should take your advice because the following example of a daily conversation on here is getting old:

"you guys worship Mary and saints"

no we do not.

"Yes you do, you just can't see it."

actually, we only worship God and would never think of Mary or the saints or statues as deities.

"I'm sure you don't think you worship them, but you do. God said to not bow down before statutes and you guys do. "

yes, but we don't worship them! We only God. Statues, Saints and Mary are not gods.

"I'm sure you don't think your worshiping them, but you are"

The bearing of false witness goes on and on and on.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
here all this time I thought I was worshiping Jesus Christ. It took a really smart Pentecostal Baptist Evangelical (or whatever you are) to save me from the idolatry I was doing by worshiping Mary!
lol.
I got news for you, for every soul you steal away from the Eucharist using these lies, is a soul you'll need to explain to Christ someday.
It seems you guys cant function as a religion unless you bear false witness against Catholics.
(that is undeniable proof for me, that I indeed belong in the correct Church)
Obviously you've seen the news about the pope and I was curious as to how can you resign when God supposedly has placed you in the position as His spokesman?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
...and members of His church are "in Christ"
We are added to that number the same way the first Christians were added to the church in Acts 2:37-41. The "one" baptism and "one" faith of Eph. 4:5.
People do not understand what it means that....

you are either 'outside of Christ'....still in sin (darkness)

or, you are 'in Christ'....saved from the bondage of sin (light)

and, how do you get to be 'in Christ???'
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

jESUS WORDS IS PERFECT..THEY WILL ATTACKING YOU AS ME EVEN KILL OR PUT ON CROSS..I ALLREADY SAY THEY CAN AND THEY ARE EVEN IF THEY WANT TURN PEOPLE INTO BEAST..NOW..TO BE ACCUSER TOWARD OTHERS AS WELL PREPEARE ON WICKET WAY IS SO VIOSIBLE..IF ARE YOU VICTIM FROM THAT SORT AS MANY YES IN THIS WORLD DON'T BE AFRAID LOOK IN EYES YOUR ACCUSERS ANSD ABUSERS EVEN IF YOU GOING DIED TOMMOROW
GOD is upon all of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 min Married in 8,203
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... Thu Barbarian 5
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) Thu Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Jul 30 psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Jul 29 ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••