Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,309)

Showing posts 406,161 - 406,180 of532,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sherlayne how have you been?
And Yes it's lying, don't you believe a loving God would have people on the earth that shared HIS Absolute TRUTH, of course a loving God would.
Repent and believe Sherlayne, God sent Jesus to pay fully for your sins, absolute Truth.
You have voice your opinion many times in contradiction to what is written and others opinions. Even have got confused as to who said what etc.
So does that make you a lier ?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
418 388
<quoted text>
I never said I could not find the word "church" in the Bible...Kingdom is not a definition of church...
Hebrews 12:22

22But you are come to mount Sion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Hebrews 11:10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
----------
Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
----------
Hebrews 13:14 For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

----------
Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>yes I never understod their logic on that one and then try to use the truth of scripture to make a point concerning the prayers to the CC's claim to saints etc.
What you don't understand when Anthony makes a straw man and puts words in peoples mouths they never said and says they believe things they never said they believed.

Its the first sign of a brainwashed RC. He has been brainwashed to believe what we believe and even when we tell him we don't he can't except it as well..... like I said he has been brain washed by the RCC

WE are the only one we are the only one we are in you are out
only one only one only one

only one only one

You see his Identity is in an organization not God if his man made RCC fails he falls and His Pride so far won't allow him admit he has been deceived and has made a mistake.

This is the delima of a Pharisees once you claimed your in the one true club its hard to admit it when you are not.

But by the grace of God I go.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
RCC's bow before graven images of a Blonde haired blued statue that somehow is to represent an olive skin brown eyed woman from the line of David.
They pray before these graven images and contradict every teaching in the NT of how we are to pray.
Jesus taught us to pray and he never prayed to anyone other than God.
That is because prayer is act of worship and reserved for God only.
RC's clearly practice Idolatry and Idol worship.
They also pray to all sorts of graven images of dead men and women and commit Idolatry.
NO IF ANDs BUTS or ORS
I've been saying that for years, and you're right.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

<quoted text>
What you don't understand when Anthony makes a straw man and puts words in peoples mouths they never said and says they believe things they never said they believed.
Its the first sign of a brainwashed RC. He has been brainwashed to believe what we believe and even when we tell him we don't he can't except it as well..... like I said he has been brain washed by the RCC
WE are the only one we are the only one we are in you are out
only one only one only one
only one only one
You see his Identity is in an organization not God if his man made RCC fails he falls and His Pride so far won't allow him admit he has been deceived and has made a mistake.
This is the delima of a Pharisees once you claimed your in the one true club its hard to admit it when you are not.
But by the grace of God I go.
I understand he was referring to that if they do not belive in soul sleep and the dead are consious in heaven/paradise that it supports his belief in praying the saints that have passed on.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>You have voice your opinion many times in contradiction to what is written and others opinions. Even have got confused as to who said what etc.
So does that make you a lier ?
Even if you could prove I lied it's still up to my Lord in heaven to correct me, or a brother or sister in Jesus, you did nothing but accuse.

Only Jesus can heal us of our sin, lets stop accusing and try to edify with His Word, that should be in us.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

468 418 388
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 12:22
22But you are come to mount Sion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.
Hebrews 11:10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
----------
Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
----------
Hebrews 13:14 For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.
----------
Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
"22But you are come to mount Sion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel."
I see the word "church", but I don't see the word "Church".....because it is not in the Bible!!!!!
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
This is a cage match. lol. we've got Pentecostals, some Baptist guy, another Baptist guy....a Church of Christ man, a evangelical and SDA dude.
All using the Catholic Bible to duke it out. All claiming sola scriptura. All claiming the Holy Spirit reveals the Biblical truths to them!!
The only thing they have in common, is they hate the Catholic Church.
wow
Clay, I really think it is time to just let them go. Let them turn and devour one another.

I have watched the same falsehood stated over and over.

"The Catholic Church teaches x."

"Um ... no. Here is the appropriate reference from the Catechism. The CC does NOT teach or practice what you are saying."

Followed by either ....

"Does too!"

or ...

Silence for a while, and then a repetition of the original false statement.

or ...

Changing the subject.

I'll grant, the title of this thread is unnecessarily inflammatory. It's a red cape for the uneducated.

But there really isn't anything we can do about that. The person who started the thread did not understand the article she linked to, or purposely misstated it, to get a fight going.("Let's you and him fight!")

I think we would all be better served by abandoning this thread. Let the anti-Catholics revel in in, and do not even answer them.

They have all had abundant opportunity to ask a number of Catholics (or even a priest!) what we believe and why we believe it, and what it means for our lives, and our relationship with Jesus Christ.

They have not availed themselves of the opportunity. It does not interest them.

They want you to tell them that they are right (all of them, even though they do not agree with one another), and you (we) are wrong.

I would quit wasting time. We would be better served (as well as those who might want to know something about the Church!) if we abandoned this thread, and posted to some of the others on the forum.

Or pulled up stakes entirely, and head over to Catholic Answers forums.

Let them continue, to their own destruction. They cannot fool anyone who does not wish to be a fool. If they can attract someone to agree with them about ANYTHING by the beauty of their love for God expressed in love of neighbor, then they deserve their converts.

But you know as well as I that the "beauty" is sorely lacking, pushed asude by a desire to be "right," rather than a desire to know what is true (even when they disagree with it).

I hope all faithful Catholics can manage to shake the dust of tjis thread from our feet, and seek ways we can better serve the Lord, and better express our love for Him.

Rob
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if you could prove I lied it's still up to my Lord in heaven to correct me, or a brother or sister in Jesus, you did nothing but accuse.
Only Jesus can heal us of our sin, lets stop accusing and try to edify with His Word, that should be in us.
No you was the one accusing in your previous post. All I did was defend human error and not intentions of one to lie including you along with everyone else.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sherlayne how have you been?
And Yes it's lying, don't you believe a loving God would have people on the earth that shared HIS Absolute TRUTH, of course a loving God would.
Repent and believe Sherlayne, God sent Jesus to pay fully for your sins, absolute Truth.
Hi Marge, so kind of you to ask about me. As you probably know, both my husband and I are fighting sicknesses, but it could be worse. He has chronic congestive heart failure but his last test showed significant improvement! He literally saved my life last week; I went into insulin shock (my sugar plummeted to 20) but we have one of those Life Alert Systems and the paramedics and police were here within minutes. I spent 4 days in the hospital while they tried to get my sugar regulated. The GREAT news is we have our first grandson, Blake! He's 4 months old today. We're thrilled! My son and his wife are wonderful parents. Even their little dog is protective of the baby.

I come here hoping that some of my past faith will somehow get me in its grasp again. Sadly that hasn't happened yet, but I do read and try. Thanks again for inquiring about me; I hope you're doing well and I look forward to talking to you again! God bless :)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot find the word "Church" in the Bible....where are you seeing this word?
Whadda bouit concerned in Egypt??? Why can you not show me Scripture that shows the word "Church"???????!!!

There is only one Church and it has existed since the time of Jesus he founded it the Gospel is the Cornerstone.
YOUR institution called the RCC is a sect that has biblical doctrine and non biblical doctrine like Mary worship and prayers to the dead among many others.
The List is extensive.
I trace my spiritual heritage through the Spirit of God and am United through him to the Body of Christ Past Present and Future.
I do not need an earthly membership card his seal is on my heart.
I need not belong to your heretical sect no more than I need belong to the Lutheran Sect to be in the fullness of God.
What is plain to those who are truly indwelt with the HOLY Spirit the comforter who was sent by Jesus is the RCC has become exactly what the Pharisees were in the NT church.
HYPOCRITES
just as you try to point out four square leadership issues in the past their splinters, you ignore the Board in your RCC's eye.
StarC you walk in Pride.
You love to be able to say I belong to thee one I am in you are out I have you don't.
Never once accepting historical facts
Never once accepting Biblical facts
That are in direct contradiction to your assertions.
God Bless you do have much compassion I have sensed in your posts in the past

My response: I cannot find the word "Church" in the Bible....where are you seeing this word?

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

only ''Holy Spirit can call say Jesus is Lord''..how many Lord you have..i told you every spirit is not holy..but i told you, you are man not God..think about that..
Who seek my life must died?.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
io allready told
''this is my heart as human symbol..i trust in you..''
''kad te ptrijatelji prezru
to za zrtvu Bogu daj
on ce uzet te za ruku
utjeha ce biti znaj''
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

''kad te prijatelji prezru
to za zrtvu bogu daj
on ce uzet te za ruku
utjeha ce biti znaj''

I experience that hand..''I trust in you''.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

when you destroy satelite
evil will disappier for ever..
i hope
by

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WORD CHURCH IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE...NEW TESTAMENT
IN 79 verses found,
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
how come it's not in the old testament? maybe "churches" were not meant to be built? only one the true church which jesus sits upon his thrown up in heaven.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WORD CHURCH IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE...NEW TESTAMENT
IN 79 verses found,
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
The N.T. is wre man really did all the writing,or i should sayre-writing,every thing in the N.T. is all hearsay stories.not one writer saw jesus witnessed a miracle or anything,so how accurate can it be?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the verse i left you about God giving the Spirit to those who obey Him?(believe-repent)
One knows if he has the Spirit of Jesus living in them do you?
And the Bible says, one cannot obey unless he has the Spirit inside them because only then can we do the will of God. Then No, we can't boast because its God's work.
So if we are God's children(and those who are know they are), then it says we will be disciplined by HIM.
And the Bible says our faith is a gift from God even, i could go on to disprove your doctrine...
I just don't see the work part to get saved.
Marge, could you please look at my comment you just replied to? The only verse I mention in that comment is Acts 2:38. Bless your heart, Acts 2:38 had already answered everything you just tried to convince me was true. It tells you HOW to be saved AND how to receive the Holy Ghost all in one. The answer, by "being baptized for the remission of sins". Not baptism as a symbol or baptism to join a particular church. Baptism FOR the remission of sins.

So many people are confused and think they are given Holy Spirit Baptism just as Peter was given, and later, if they feel led to do it, could go through water baptism as a symbol. This is NOT the case. This could not be biblical. If you believe what Paul says in Eph. 4, there is no longer more than ONE baptism. Why do so many in the "Christian" community practice two. Why do they all seem to want the baptism Peter experienced rather than the baptism Peter taught? We are to submit to the baptism Peter taught, at that time we will receive the Holy Ghost.

So many denominations get so caught up in the doctrine that "baptism is a work" that they fail to notice that they CANNOT find any scripture that suggests baptism is a work. Yet they would never suggest that developing faith took any work on their part. They fail to notice baptism is commanded as something we should SUBMIT to.

Matthew 7:21 shows us we must do the will of our father in Heaven, not just have faith only. This is consistent with the commandment to be baptized and it is consistent with Noah being saved ONLY through God's grace, ONLY after Noah's obedient, active faith.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
418 388
<quoted text>
I never said I could not find the word "church" in the Bible...Kingdom is not a definition of church...
Sure it is! What is Jesus' Kingdom if not the church?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

So the pope is resigning. Interesting.......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,161 - 406,180 of532,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 8,118
More 11 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 16 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 20 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••