Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667501 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421683 Feb 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you concerned,, its you that walks in ‘PRIDE’ to think that you can be your own god.
Jesus started a Church a Universal [Catholic] Church, giving authority to the Apostles, that he left to teach!!! Mind you, that CHURCH still stands today as HE promised!!!
LOL, and you continue to throw stones as you try to correct the RCC with your lies,[Mary worship] and insults. Pretty much like gif. That to me is YOUR PRIDE.
More lies …you said the Pope didn’t have a good turn out in Brazil 2007. Its reported that 25,000 attended mass.
May God enlighten you, as HE did St. Paul and St Constantine.
Brazil 2013 is still on!
Star a million faithful showed up for the USA's Presidents inauguration last month out of a nation of 300 million and a city of what 4 million out of Nation that is 50% Democrat.

In contrast

When Pope Benny came 25000 out of a city of 25 million showed up, out of a nation of 200 million of which 70 % claimed to be RC.

The numbers were disappointing and embarrassing not my words but the RCC's words.

So white wash the fact the RCC has lost some 30 million RC's to evangelical fellowships in 6 years or so.

Claim all you want that when you bow before a graven image of a blonde haired blue eyed statue of a so called Marry who was from the line of David brown eyed olive skinned, pray before her to intercede and forgive your sins as do millions of RC's claim she's the Mother of God who is non-created being that this is not Idolatry. BUT IS IDOLATRY the Bible says so not me.

YOU could not commit an act that fits every criteria of Idolatry better you have all the bases covered.

This is not throwing stones this pointing out the Obvious and any Open minded rational logical Brazilians who now read the bible for all its worth now see how utterly wrong RC doctrine and practice concerning Mary is they are LEAVING by the MILLIONS.

The RC has taken Goddess worship to new absurd heights and it will be its undoing.

Pretty soon the RCC will have her in charge of lighting and thunder the Mary mythology is a run away bull, PUN intended LOL

Please save your disengenous I feel sorry for you on the keyboard it makes you look smug and puffed up.

Truth Matters the RCC is not the ONE

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421684 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started you Church? If your Protestant there was a human that started it. It is a fact get used to it. God started the Catholic Church plain and simple.
get used to it, you thieves were no where around when this Born Again Church was formed by the Holy Ghost.

people like you coudnt join the catholic church until water and sewer was introduced as tap water is very essential to your brand of religion

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421685 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you've stated this about 7 or 8 times. Its apparent you're attempting some stupid trap.
I think one of your fellow fundies showed you a dozen or so scripture verses that says CHURCH.
Regardless, once we are gone from this thread, your allies against Catholics will turn against you. It will be an atomic bomb of Bible verse warfare. Each of ya claiming the Holy Spirit guides your interpretations.
If Preston can get you to believe his mystical revelations from God almighty, you'll join him. And he will be your Pope! lol
undoubtly the old geezer that just quit(and in Gods army, there is no quitting)believes that god had sex with mary too.lol
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421686 Feb 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope told the cardinals that in order to govern "...both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me."
“The pope, known for his conservative doctrine, did not intend to influence the decision of the cardinals who will enter a secret conclave to elect a successor, Vatican spokesman Father Lombardi Federico said.
Benedict stepped up the Church's opposition to gay marriage, underscored the Church's resistance to a female priesthood and to embryonic stem cell research.
A new leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics could be elected as soon as Palm Sunday, on March 24 and be ready to take over by Easter a week later, he said.”
Interesting in a post above you state don't even celebrate the pledge of allegiance
I was wondering why a RC would in light of the fact you are defending openly a constitution that guarantees the right to murder unborn children.

Mmm the brain washing looks complete in this one.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421687 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ started not a Church....that word is not in Scripture!!!!!
Isaiah 66:1 This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

Acts 7:48

Yet the most High dwells not in temples made with hands; as says the prophet,

Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

2 Corinthians 5:1

King James Version (KJV)

5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421688 Feb 11, 2013
The Hard Fact wrote:
To be Catholic truly Catholic, you must know this truth in your heart and soul. The universal truth of the catholic church is the fullest truth and the line of Jesus Christ
unfortunately this is not possible,there is no direct unbroken line between jesus/god and the church,first off you have a papal chair that was bought and paid for more than once,favors for money happened pretty much on a daily basis,they claim peter was the first pope,no truth to that,why would he want to be pope of a church which had a hand in his crucifixion,remember it was the roman empire that had jesus killed because he was labelled a heretic,you know the old saying "when in rome" anyone who did not follow the church was declared a heretic and was tortured into believing or killed. the church with no devine authority changed the sabbath and the commandments to suit their purposes,making money,what does god need with all this gold/silver,realestate,multi-m illion dollar churches,the selling of idols/statues,jewelary,dating service,gift shops,and recording studio for rock&roll style gospel music,the same style of music they condenmed as the devils music,and it was blackmans evil music.the true church would not change it's beliefs like the church has over the years,it would stand pat in what it believed and nothing would change it's mind...and finally a belief in a true god/church would not be something that you would have to be taught that he/she truly exists,you would know it from the begining of your life,yet we know nothing until we are taught to believe in a particular religious group,and there shouldn't be groups,should be one religion,and how accurate is the stories in the bible,if you read the books written by gilgamesh,the book of sumaria,and the celts all stories written before christianity came into being,and you'll find those stories in the bible,the most popular great flood story,every book before christianity has a great flood story,and why is there no corroboration to the story of jesus? thousands of people supposedly saw him,saw himcure the sick,turn water into wine,yet there is not one peice of paper written by anyone outside of the so called devine writings of the bible/scriptures. and they were not taken seriously because when they were first found they were torn up and sold to tourists,when rome invaded the holy land they stole the scriptures and just about anything that wasn't nailed down,and when constantine put his 100 man group they went through the books and chose ones that would fit with romes pagan religion,and burned books they didn't like.in essence unless jesus/god appears before us we'll never know the truth because we don't know what was in the books constantine ordered burned and what was torn up and sold.that is why religion is called blind faith.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421689 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope didn't kiss the Quaran because he thought it was Gods word. He kissed it because it was given to him as a gift by Muslims during an official visit (to Iraq I believe). It is regarded as the most sacred book to 1.6 billion of those people here on Earth. The Pope was showing respect to them; extending an olive branch of peace. At no time did we Catholics ever think our Pope was endorsing Islam. Its obviously a very Christian thing for him to do, considering the centuries of bloodshed between Islam and Christianity. And to have them give him their most holy thing as a gift... what would a Christian do? Throw it on the ground?
Actually, some would.

Remember that fool of a "minister" from a couplebyears ago, who was promoting a public burning of the Quran?

The State Department and the Pentagon had to beg him not to do this, because of the number of innocents who would likely die in the riots he was trying to incite.

I deal with Muslims from time to time in the city/county jail. Sometimes, they ask me to get them a Quran.

I have gone out of my way to learn the proper etiquette for this. I should not hold the Quran with just one hand, and ESPECIALLY not with just the left hand (which would be seen as a deliberate insult). Strictly speaking, I'm not supposed to touch it at all, but I cannot get around that, except that Muslim leaders have stated that a wrapped Quran may be touched by non-Muslims, if there is need. So I get a plastic wrapped Quran from the local mosque.

Why go to such trouble, if I do not believe in the Quran?

The princilpe is very simple. How would I want a Muslim chaplain, here or in any country, to treat a request for the Bible? Would I want him to show respect to the person who requested it, and be respectful in filling the request?

Of course I would.

Therefore, based in the teaching of Jesus,*I* should show the respect I would like shown the Bible.

If I gave an Imam a gift such as a Bible for his livrary, I would hope he would honor and respect my gift. If one gave me a Quran, I would honor and respect the gift. I don't know that I would kissthe book, but then, I don't have access to a group of experts in foreign relations and smbolism to advise me on how my response would play on international television, so I'm not about to criticize Benedict on this one.

Many of the folks here, on receiving the gift of a Quran from a devout Muslim, would spit upon it, throw it on the ground and grind it underfoot, or look for some other way to express their contemp.

By doing so, they woukd guarantee that at a minimum, one soul would be lost forever to Christ, and probably many.

They would feel proud, and Satan would no doubt be deeply proud of them.

But I am convinced Jesus would weep.

Rob

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421690 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Pope didn't kiss the Quaran because he thought it was Gods word. He kissed it because it was given to him as a gift by Muslims during an official visit (to Iraq I believe). It is regarded as the most sacred book to 1.6 billion of those people here on Earth. The Pope was showing respect to them; extending an olive branch of peace. At no time did we Catholics ever think our Pope was endorsing Islam. Its obviously a very Christian thing for him to do, considering the centuries of bloodshed between Islam and Christianity. And to have them give him their most holy thing as a gift... what would a Christian do? Throw it on the ground?
instead of kissing the book he should be kissing something else,after all it was the catholics who were responsible for all the bloodshed that took place between them,in their attempt to dominate the religious world.
MICHAEL

Canada

#421691 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The basis of all of your beliefs and of and EVERY Protestant, agnostic and atheist on this forum is (nothing but) PERSONAL OPINION) interpretation of the bible---- which is "laced, ingrained, and (loaded) with anti-catholic hostility and vengeance---NOT doctrine, NOT theology, and NOT Truth. If there is ANY truth at all with this vindictive group of defiant Prodigal Son bible only Protestants--it is "relative truth" (whatever each person decides is true---- is the truth!!! 42,000 contradicting beliefs today: 42,500 inconsistent beliefs tomorrow, 43,000 conflicting beliefs the next day!!!(35+ years, I was indoctrinated in this distorted BIBLE ONLY thinking)--Not any more!!-- YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!----IT IS ALL YOURS!!!!!

Going to the CATHOLIC ANSWERS FORUM With no one to criticize, make fun of, ridicule, insult and name call you will be right back on this forum.

that is your schtick. Just read your post above. Its you!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421692 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a good idea Rob!..... As a ex-Protestant, I know (too well) the "Protestant game" and the "anti-catholic "build up" of hostility and vengeance which has brought them to where they are. We both would agree that "no one" will change this (Reformation thinking) except through Prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit --manifested in Jesus Christ. Thanks for your response! Please pray for me--and (much) patience!-I enjoy reading your comments!!!-Gods Blessing to you and your family as we enter this Holy season of Lent!!
Is it OK for me to ask another question?

Where can I read about Lent in the NT? Y'all have so many interesting things that they forgot to tell us in my Bible.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421693 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll leave the arguing (amongst yourselves) with all of you anti-catholic (42,000+) contradicting and inconsistent (opinionated) Protestants, agnostics and atheists..... None of you--have ever--nor will ever--agree on anything ----EXCEPT---- attacking our Catholic Faith and ATTACKING Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church...... The FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, has, is and will (CONTINUE) to be in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....There is No argument, no debate, no disagreement, no altercations, no disputation is necessary!!!.......We, as Catholics--have the bible (Gods Word), we have over 2000 years of the Historical teachings of the Church, we have the Catholic Catechism which clarifies "any controversies and we have the Magesterim (per-sona Christie) to lead the TRUE teachings of Jesus' Church in the TRUTH!! We're not worried----"but you should be"!!!
Yet y'all leave so many of my simple questions unanswered.
Hit And Run

Union City, OK

#421694 Feb 11, 2013
Big Changes Coming........
MICHAEL

Canada

#421695 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, some would.
Remember that fool of a "minister" from a couplebyears ago, who was promoting a public burning of the Quran?
The State Department and the Pentagon had to beg him not to do this, because of the number of innocents who would likely die in the riots he was trying to incite.
I deal with Muslims from time to time in the city/county jail. Sometimes, they ask me to get them a Quran.
I have gone out of my way to learn the proper etiquette for this. I should not hold the Quran with just one hand, and ESPECIALLY not with just the left hand (which would be seen as a deliberate insult). Strictly speaking, I'm not supposed to touch it at all, but I cannot get around that, except that Muslim leaders have stated that a wrapped Quran may be touched by non-Muslims, if there is need. So I get a plastic wrapped Quran from the local mosque.
Why go to such trouble, if I do not believe in the Quran?
The princilpe is very simple. How would I want a Muslim chaplain, here or in any country, to treat a request for the Bible? Would I want him to show respect to the person who requested it, and be respectful in filling the request?
Of course I would.
Therefore, based in the teaching of Jesus,*I* should show the respect I would like shown the Bible.
If I gave an Imam a gift such as a Bible for his livrary, I would hope he would honor and respect my gift. If one gave me a Quran, I would honor and respect the gift. I don't know that I would kissthe book, but then, I don't have access to a group of experts in foreign relations and smbolism to advise me on how my response would play on international television, so I'm not about to criticize Benedict on this one.
Many of the folks here, on receiving the gift of a Quran from a devout Muslim, would spit upon it, throw it on the ground and grind it underfoot, or look for some other way to express their contemp.
By doing so, they woukd guarantee that at a minimum, one soul would be lost forever to Christ, and probably many.
They would feel proud, and Satan would no doubt be deeply proud of them.
But I am convinced Jesus would weep.
Rob
You were raised under one theology, they were raised under another. Both using your own indoctrinated beliefs to claim your righteousness.

If you by chance you were born into a loving Muslim family would you have found your way to catholicism? Not likely.

We have to learn that most everyone in our world was indoctrinated into a hand me down family religious tradition. Most people of faith have a hard time understanding that.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421696 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what, Saban fan, we Catholics will leave for a few days (maybe) and these other folks will circle you like wolves and devour you with scripture verses. You'll be stuck and confused because yesterday, they were your friends - united against the evil Catholic Church- today, you and the Church of Christ are their enemy. When they are done with you, they will turn on the next person in their group.
Isn't sola scripture wonderful? Do you see why Christ established a Church and not a set of books?
I would advise you to study your Bible. You are a smart person. Make sure you are doing what your doing God's way not necessarily the 'Catholic' way. Test their beliefs to scripture. Test my beliefs to scripture too. Best to you.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421697 Feb 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, those are the last things he wants.
Father Dye is right.
When the Bible specifically tells you not to call him Father you do it anyways.

???
Clay

Denver, CO

#421698 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Star a million faithful showed up for the USA's Presidents inauguration last month out of a nation of 300 million and a city of what 4 million out of Nation that is 50% Democrat.
In contrast
When Pope Benny came 25000 out of a city of 25 million showed up, out of a nation of 200 million of which 70 % claimed to be RC.
The numbers were disappointing and embarrassing not my words but the RCC's words.
So white wash the fact the RCC has lost some 30 million RC's to evangelical fellowships in 6 years or so.
Claim all you want that when you bow before a graven image of a blonde haired blue eyed statue of a so called Marry who was from the line of David brown eyed olive skinned, pray before her to intercede and forgive your sins as do millions of RC's claim she's the Mother of God who is non-created being that this is not Idolatry. BUT IS IDOLATRY the Bible says so not me.
YOU could not commit an act that fits every criteria of Idolatry better you have all the bases covered.
This is not throwing stones this pointing out the Obvious and any Open minded rational logical Brazilians who now read the bible for all its worth now see how utterly wrong RC doctrine and practice concerning Mary is they are LEAVING by the MILLIONS.
The RC has taken Goddess worship to new absurd heights and it will be its undoing.
Pretty soon the RCC will have her in charge of lighting and thunder the Mary mythology is a run away bull, PUN intended LOL
Please save your disengenous I feel sorry for you on the keyboard it makes you look smug and puffed up.
Truth Matters the RCC is not the ONE
The statue of Mary at the Cathedral is more olive skin then not. She's definitely not a blond haired blue eyed depiction. Either way, people in all corners of the Earth will envision the Blessed Mother the way their particular culture is represented. In Mexico, She is clearly shown as one of them. Not a big deal since we don't have any actual photographs of her.

Regardless, you believe and teach the absurd accusation that she's being worshiped.
I wouldn't boast too much about the souls you're steering away from the Eucharist. I know and you know, you're using deception to do this. You can brain wash yourself all you want. I'm Catholic, and I know you're falsely accusing me. And God can see into your heart, and He know what you really know and what your pretending to know.
Good luck as you stand before Him to explain why you violated the 9th commandment to get people away from the Eucharist. Was it lack of education?
Or was it deliberate ignorance?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421699 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what, Saban fan, we Catholics will leave for a few days (maybe) and these other folks will circle you like wolves and devour you with scripture verses. You'll be stuck and confused because yesterday, they were your friends - united against the evil Catholic Church- today, you and the Church of Christ are their enemy. When they are done with you, they will turn on the next person in their group.
Isn't sola scripture wonderful? Do you see why Christ established a Church and not a set of books?
Stick around and I can teach you about that church He established before it was derailed.
MICHAEL

Canada

#421700 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started you Church? If your Protestant there was a human that started it. It is a fact get used to it. God started the Catholic Church plain and simple.
JOHN wrote.

.....It is a fact get used to it. God started the Catholic Church plain and simple.

Michael says.....(lol) A church that no Jesus ever attended. A Jesus that never heard about Sunday worship or day of rest. Are there 2 different Sabbaths? The one in the bible and the one the catholic church cooked up.(lol)

300+ years before the church officially got off the ground! basing most of its customs/traditions from PAGANS who practiced these same elements 1,000 years before....COME ON!

below, see anything copycat here? Read it too...(lol)

http://pocm.info/

BUSTED!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421701 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
599 485 418 388
<quoted text>
You are still in the horse and buggy days!!!!
Not Webster....Strong's Lexicon defining the Greek word for church as found in Scripture...
Horse and buggy is not good enough. Lets go back to the church/Kingdom established soon after the Jesus on the donkey days.
Clay

Denver, CO

#421702 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it OK for me to ask another question?
Where can I read about Lent in the NT? Y'all have so many interesting things that they forgot to tell us in my Bible.
We've got lots of interesting things!

Lent is about fasting. Do they have fasting in your Bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 8 min EdmondWA 161
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Sat Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Sat True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web