Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,101 - 406,120 of 532,626 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. So we agree he was saved by God's grace just as we are. What would've happened if Noah had only relied on God's grace and he had not followed through with the commands he had been given. In short, was there something he had to do in order to accept the grace God offered?
Anything we do feeding the poor, helping a neighbour, etc being baptized is works we do.
Noah had God given faith ,

Noah, believed God was going to save Him from the pending flood that was to come.
The works that Noah did was build the ark, He and His family were saved. Because He exercised the faith God gave Him,.
Just like we today exercise our faith in Jesus to save us, we are in Christ like Noah was in the ark.
Catholic say Mary was the Ark,the truth is Jesus is the ark of the New Covenant.
The Ark that Noah built is rotten laying on the side of a Mountain and Mary's flesh is rotten in a grave.
Jesus never knew any decay, He is alive and is sitting on His Throne.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you against music being played in church Saban.
What about the children of Israel, did they not play the tamborine, didn't King David play a harp and sing to God.
The Psalms
Praise to the Creator and Preserver
Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous:
for praise is comely for the upright.
Praise the LORD with harp:
sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
Sing unto him a new song;
play skilfully with a loud noise.
For the word of the LORD is right;
and all his works are done in truth.
He loveth righteousness and judgment:
the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
By the word of the LORD were the heavens made;
and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
He gathereth the waters of the sea together as a heap:
he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the LORD:
let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
For he spake, and it was done;
he commanded, and it stood fast.
The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought:
he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.
The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever,
the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD;
and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
The LORD looketh from heaven;
he beholdeth all the sons of men.
From the place of his habitation he looketh
upon all the inhabitants of the earth.
He fashioneth their hearts alike;
he considereth all their works.
There is no king saved by the multitude of a host:
a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.
A horse is a vain thing for safety:
neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him,
upon them that hope in his mercy;
to deliver their soul from death,
and to keep them alive in famine.
Our soul waiteth for the LORD:
he is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in him,
because we have trusted in his holy name.
Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us,
according as we hope in thee.
I just noticed I didn't do a great job of answering your question, so here it is:

We listen to music and I have no problem with music in the building, but we don't use music during the worship service because we find no example of its use in the first century church.

I don't know that it is a Salvation issue but, for example, when God instructed Noah to use Gopher wood would it have been OK for him to use something else? We have lots of specific examples of what God expects from us in our worship service to Him and instrumental music is not found.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
STAC C
Long time no post
You would do well not bring up the history of Christian Sects leaders and stick to whether or not your faith in RC doctrine is Biblical.
The provable factual evidence of the 40+ million the RCC has slaughtered in the Past 500 years and the Deeds of its RC Popes is unprecedented in Christian history, not to mention the recent scandals of your Priests and the cover ups with the assault and rape of little boys.
This argument you will lose hands down.
You would do well not to point this finger as three are pointing back.
Definitely the Camp fire Pot calling used tea cup black.
"The provable factual evidence of the 40+ million the RCC has slaughtered in the Past 500 years and the Deeds of its RC Popes is unprecedented in Christian history"

The last time you were here it was 60+ million.

Concerned, your tendency to grossly exaggerate is well known by those of us who've been here a while .

Why did St. James tell us to confess our sins to one another? Why are we to confess to priests? Or "elders" (if you want to change it to that)?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot about the Children of Israel, who sang song of Worship and Praise .
Psalm 33
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Sovereignty of the Lord in Creation and History
Psalm 33
1 Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous!
For praise from the upright is beautiful.
2 Praise the Lord with the harp;
Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings.
3 Sing to Him a new song;
Play skillfully with a shout of joy.
4 For the word of the Lord is right,
And all His work is done in truth.
5 He loves righteousness and justice;
The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
7 He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap;[a]
He lays up the deep in storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the Lord;
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
9 For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast.
10 The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect.
11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
The plans of His heart to all generations.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.
13 The Lord looks from heaven;
He sees all the sons of men.
14 From the place of His dwelling He looks
On all the inhabitants of the earth;
15 He fashions their hearts individually;
He considers all their works.
16 No king is saved by the multitude of an army;
A mighty man is not delivered by great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for safety;
Neither shall it deliver any by its great strength.
18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him,
On those who hope in His mercy,
19 To deliver their soul from death,
And to keep them alive in famine.
20 Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
22 Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.
Just to keep things in perspective, the Children of Israel had animal sacrifices too. They were required to follow the Law of Moses.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Again you did not think before you posted your Absurd post.
If we are all using the same bible, if we all claim Sola Scriptoria, and we all claim the Holy Spirit reveals Biblical Truth as you just posted then we have lots in Common not just your presupposition that we hate the RCC. Your own post contradicts your conclusion we only have one thing in common.
Clearly uneducated.
Wake up you are digging a grave that 20 feet deep already.
"we all claim the Holy Spirit reveals Biblical Truth as you just posted then we have lots in Common not just your presupposition that we hate the RCC."

The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion and disagreement, which is protestantism.

And the Church is not an invisible body of believers loosely connected by faith in the bible alone. Sorry.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem rather smug. We're all just 'uneducated'!!
Preston says I would be getting in over my head with you. lol
Preston is right. You have no bible knowledge except what you are told to believe.
Which are a bunch of lies clay.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything we do feeding the poor, helping a neighbour, etc being baptized is works we do.
Noah, believed God was going to save Him from the pending flood that was to come.
The works that Noah did was build the ark, He and His family were saved. Because He exercised the faith God gave Him,.
Just like we today exercise our faith in Jesus to save us, we are in Christ like Noah was in the ark.
Catholic say Mary was the Ark,the truth is Jesus is the ark of the New Covenant.
The Ark that Noah built is rotten laying on the side of a Mountain and Mary's flesh is rotten in a grave.
"and Mary's flesh is rotten in a grave."

I will pray a Hail Mary for you.

They looked for her grave. They never found it. She was assumed into heaven like Enoch and Elijah.

"[T]he Apostles took up her body on a bier and placed it in a tomb; and they guarded it, expecting the Lord to come. And behold, again the Lord stood by them; and the holy body having been received, He commanded that it be taken in a cloud into paradise: where now, rejoined to the soul,[Mary] rejoices with the Lord's chosen ones..." Gregory of Tours, Eight Books of Miracles, 1:4 (inter A.D. 575-593).
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, my point was that Noah had to do something to accept the grace he was granted. That does not mean he wasn't saved by grace.

When I'm baptized for the remission of my sins (Acts 2:38) it doesn't mean I am not saved by grace. It is only through God's grace anyone is saved. However, we are given commandments to follow and obey.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

The False Prophet mentioned in the book of Revelation will likely come from the Roman Catholic church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There is only one Church and it has existed since the time of Jesus he founded it the Gospel is the Cornerstone.
YOUR institution called the RCC is a sect that has biblical doctrine and non biblical doctrine like Mary worship and prayers to the dead among many others.
The List is extensive.
I trace my spiritual heritage through the Spirit of God and am United through him to the Body of Christ Past Present and Future.
I do not need an earthly membership card his seal is on my heart.
I need not belong to your heretical sect no more than I need belong to the Lutheran Sect to be in the fullness of God.
What is plain to those who are truly indwelt with the HOLY Spirit the comforter who was sent by Jesus is the RCC has become exactly what the Pharisees were in the NT church.
HYPOCRITES
just as you try to point out four square leadership issues in the past their splinters, you ignore the Board in your RCC's eye.
StarC you walk in Pride.
You love to be able to say I belong to thee one I am in you are out I have you don't.
Never once accepting historical facts
Never once accepting Biblical facts
That are in direct contradiction to your assertions.
God Bless you do have much compassion I have sensed in your posts in the past
I cannot find the word "Church" in the Bible....where are you seeing this word?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston is right. You have no bible knowledge except what you are told to believe.
Which are a bunch of lies clay.
Preston says Jesus was an embryo implanted in Mary, he says she was a gossiper and a bad mother and that his own mother was holier than Mary. He also says Ananias had no idea what he was doing when he baptized St. Paul. I assume you agree with his theories, now that he's no longer railing on you calling you an ignorant biblically illiterate moron right?
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
The False Prophet mentioned in the book of Revelation will likely come from the Roman Catholic church.

It did -- Christian-Zionism was invented by the Jesuits!

http://www.revelation-today.com/A6Ribera.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/Jesuits...

http://biblelight.net/antichrist.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurism_%28Chri...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Jesus did not change the laws, or teach anything New
Matthew 5:21-22, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill…But I say unto you…"
Matthew 5:27-28, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you…"
Matthew 5:31-32, "It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you…"
Matthew 5:33-34, "Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: But I say unto you…"
Matthew 5:38-39, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you…"
Matthew 5:43-44, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you…"
First of all, let's get one thing clear. Jesus was not quoting from the written law of the Old Testament in these verses! Let me repeat that. Jesus was not quoting from the Old Testament laws in these passages! Even the choice of words used by Christ indicates that He was addressing a confusion, or a distortion, that was commonplace. Christ used this same “Ye have heard that it hath been said,” or “it hath been said.” figure of speech to straighten out misunderstandings or falsehoods being taught by the religious leaders of the time. In other words, Jesus was dealing with hearsay statements
If Jesus was not quoting from the Old Testament, then what was he quoting from?” Yes, most of the above laws in verses 21 through 48 are found in God's Law. But even though Jesus may have been referring to God's Law, Jesus was not quoting from God's Law. Jesus was quoting from man's law! Man's laws always have scriptural truths in them; but when someone quotes these truths in man's laws, even though they have reference to God's Law in scripture, they are still being quoted from man's law itself.
In Jesus' case, the Pharisees and Sadducees took God's Law, from the Old Testament, and applied it to situations that God never intended. They had changed God's Laws. They placed their own commandments and traditions above the Word of God (Mark 7:7-9). Jesus was correcting the laws that the people have “heard” from their religious leaders, and Jesus explained these laws as God intended them to be.
For example, Jesus said:
Matthew 5:43-44, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”
Was Jesus teaching something new?
God's law says,“Thou shalt love thy neighbour”(Leviticus 19:18), but God's law does not say,“hate thine enemy.” The Pharisees were taking God's Law out of context, and added to it, and changed it to mean that we are to hate our enemies, as if the one were a legitimate inference from the other. This is what the people heard from man, but it is not what they read in scripture. However, when Jesus taught we are to love our enemy, Jesus was quoting from the Old Testament (Exodus 23:4-5, Deuteronomy 23:7, Proverbs 24:17-18, Proverbs 25:21-22). He taught nothing new!
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
"The provable factual evidence of the 40+ million the RCC has slaughtered in the Past 500 years and the Deeds of its RC Popes is unprecedented in Christian history"
The last time you were here it was 60+ million.
Concerned, your tendency to grossly exaggerate is well known by those of us who've been here a while .

Foxe's book of Martyrs puts the figure at 500 million. That was before Rome invented communist world revolution; nazi ww 1 & 2 ect. She kills still today.

video series on some of this all..

http://protocolshistory.blogspot.com/2010/09/...
Anthony MN wrote:
Why did St. James tell us to confess our sins to one another? Why are we to confess to priests? Or "elders" (if you want to change it to that)?

We can confess and ask the Lord to forgive. The priest cannot absolve sin.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also interchangeable with the word Kingdom in the NT

You can find "church":
Matt. 16:18, 18:17, in Acts 20 or 30 times, Rom. 16:1 and 20 or so other times, 1 and 2 Cor. About 40 times, Gal. 1:2, 1:13, 1:22, Eph. 10 or 12 times and so on and so on.....
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says Jesus was an embryo implanted in Mary, he says she was a gossiper and a bad mother and that his own mother was holier than Mary. He also says Ananias had no idea what he was doing when he baptized St. Paul. I assume you agree with his theories, now that he's no longer railing on you calling you an ignorant biblically illiterate moron right?
Anthony you don't want to get me started on this subject.
How does a baby have its beginning?? An egg from the Mother is pentrated by the mans sperm , but this did not happen with Mary there was no sperm , unless you believe the Holy Spirit has sex with Mary and produced sperm. Logic will tell you no He didn't.
Because Heavenly body's have no gender.
So that leaves only one conclusion , Jesus was an embryo planted in the womb of Mary. Common sense

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My accountability is not bound by your interpretations of sacred Scriptures. Nor is it to the thousands of other paper Popes. Its not responsible for anyone to follow anyone but the Church- which was given authority from God. All you do is cherry pick their canon of Scripture anyway.
Confronting with if word? Nah. You're confronting with some of the word. You're not using 7 other sacred books that Christians used for 1,600 yrs before the Protestants removed them without any authority. Its their hands that has the blood. By you teaching their errors, you're participating in their sin.
"remember me and look at me, punish me not for my sins and ignorances, and the sins of my fathers, who have sinned before thee. For they obeyed not thy commandments. Wherefore thou hast delivered us for a spoil; and unto captivity and unto death. And for a proverb of reproach to all the nations among who we are dispersed"
Book of Tobit 3: 3-4
~~~

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

(NOT TO ROME...)

BUT

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

(WHY DO YOU REFUSE GOD'S WORD?)

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

YOUR MIXTURE OF PAGANISM TRADITION AND CONJECTURE HAS MADE A MOCKERY

OF GOD'S DIVINE

PURPOSE OF SENDING HIS SON TO DIE FOR LOST HUMANITY,,,

Created by Constantine ....

WHAT your religious society has conjured up

has no scriptural relevance....

it makes you an enemy OF GOD.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, my point was that Noah had to do something to accept the grace he was granted. That does not mean he wasn't saved by grace.
When I'm baptized for the remission of my sins (Acts 2:38) it doesn't mean I am not saved by grace. It is only through God's grace anyone is saved. However, we are given commandments to follow and obey.
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .

Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

THE WORD CHURCH IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE...NEW TESTAMENT

IN 79 verses found,

Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Foxe's book of Martyrs puts the figure at 500 million. That was before Rome invented communist world revolution; nazi ww 1 & 2 ect. She kills still today.
video series on some of this all..
http://protocolshistory.blogspot.com/2010/09/...
<quoted text>
We can confess and ask the Lord to forgive. The priest cannot absolve sin.
500 million?

Citation please.

We can confess Jesus? Sure. But why does St. James tell us to confess to priests if the Church?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Ecko 8,126
More 18 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 19 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 19 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••