Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692204 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421641 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
Probably a good idea Rob!..... As a ex-Protestant, I know (too well) the "Protestant game" and the "anti-catholic "build up" of hostility and vengeance which has brought them to where they are. We both would agree that "no one" will change this (Reformation thinking) except through Prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit --manifested in Jesus Christ. Thanks for your response! Please pray for me--and (much) patience!-I enjoy reading your comments!!!-Gods Blessing to you and your family as we enter this Holy season of Lent!!
question hojo:are you married and what religion was your wife on the day you two got married,keep in mind lying is a sin,oh i forgot your catholic it's ok for you to lie,but could you be honest,once.
Clay

Denver, CO

#421642 Feb 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's a new year, and as much as I love the gentle and brilliant Pope Benedict, I understand why he's ready to pass the keys, so we will have a new Holy Father. I think of the scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is battling the dark lord Vader, glances over and sees Luke is going to escape in order to save the rebellion and decides his job is done. lol.
Anyway, I'm moving over to the Catholic Answers forum, just signed up today. Hope to see you there!
God Bless you.
Tony
Cool Tony, good conversing with you and always appreciate your intellect.

Its been enjoyable but the time has come. Its funny, but it occured to me the other day when it took me about twenty minutes to show a born again guy as work, how his perception about Catholics is false. He's a serious Christian and doesn't want to keep believing errors like that. Furthermore, he now has real concerns about the stuff his pastor has been feeding him about Catholics. Basically .... he's been fed lies.

These souls on here are not the normal folk - as we all can see. They are so deep rooted in suffocating ignorance that they refuse all truths presented to them.

Fr Dye is correct. "let their words stand before God someday" ..
God Bless.
MICHAEL

Canada

#421643 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>quote from you "Jesus Christs Catholic Church" where,when and what book is this written in? where does he call his church catholic? where does he claim to be catholic? he is jewish his parents were jewish did they not follow judaism?,so how could he be catholic also? is it written he changed religions? was he religious at all? is god a religious being/ghost? jesus states to his disciples spread his fathers words,not religious words,just words,man created gods words into multiple religious cults,for profit reasons.
They seldom answer questions, because most don't have factual answers.

Every religion claims to be the one true BELIEF. No religion has the smoking gun of truth or everyone would belong to that religion.
Fun Facts

United States

#421644 Feb 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
...If the catholic church states that the holy spirit guides the cardinals electing a new pope, why would they often have to have multiple votes to determine a winner? Shouldn't all the cardinals at every election vote exactly the same if the holy spirit is guiding all of them EXACTLY the same?(lol)
Makes no common sense.........right?
You may have overlooked...

"‘May another take his office.’o

21Therefore, it is necessary that one of the men who accompanied

us the whole time the Lord Jesus came and went among us,

22beginning from the baptism of John until the day on which he was

taken up from us, become with us a witness to his resurrection.”p

23So they proposed two, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias.

24Then they prayed,“You, Lord, who

know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have

chosen
25to take the place in this apostolic ministry from which

Judas turned away to go to his own place.”
26* q Then they gave

lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted

with the eleven apostles."
http://www.usccb.org/bible/acts/1

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
MICHAEL

Canada

#421645 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I take heretics, hypocrites, liars, bigots and anti-catholic "fundies" who "exaggerate, deceive and distort the TRUTH--(VERY SERIOUSLY---especially when the (only reason) that they are on this forum is to attack, condemn and belittle our Catholic Faith. If you disagree and hate the Catholic Church (so much) then "go down the street" and join the nearest Protestant Church and they will "tell you what you want to hear" Then when you can't agree with them, find another Protestant Church as "free-loader" there for a while, until you can't agree with them either.--OR---better yet--form your own Church--call it what you want---teach what you want---However--we know that you won't, can't and will (never) do that because "no Protestant Church" can exist without criticizing --or attacking the TRUE CHURCH of Jesus Christ!!
HOJO you have attacked and belittled protestants as much as they have belittled you. I have belittled you, and you have belittled me. Get over it.

Remember MOST people of faith were born into it, including Father Dye who I am sure was raised to learn only catholicism. 6 years in a seminary taught one narrow view of religion. Thats fine. He has a built in predjudice just as a Jewish Rabbi or Muslim cleric would have about their beliefs.

Good luck where ever you go. I have no hard feelings towards you. We disagree on theology but I believe everyone on this forum are good people. Sometimes personal beliefs get in the way. See how organized religions can divide people. That is very sad.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421646 Feb 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Much of what I have posted on here is the truth. Catholics just don't want to accept the truth when its told.
Catholics on this forum have criticized, insulted and belittled non catholics just as much as the other way around.
They found an excuse to leave this forum after 400,000 posts. There decision wasn't based on their own personal knowledge, or their own research, it was based on someone else determining for them what they should do. Its the sheep mentality as it has always been.
UNBELIEVABLE!
The TRUTH Michael, is that you and other vindictive (vultures) and hostile Protestants, atheists and agnostic came on this forum ---"for one purpose only"!!
To attack, condemn and pass their personal opinionated (hate and vengeance against Jesus Christ and His One True Church..... You see--the difference is that I/We as Catholics have (NO NEED) to go on a Protestant forum to attack their faith!---REASON!!!
WE ALREADY HAVE THE TRUTH!! We know (without a doubt) that we posses and adhere to, and (already have) the FULLNESS of the TRUE FAITH of Jesus Christ--the TRUE Apostolic Catholic CHURCH of our Lord and the Historical and biblical TRUTH to verify, confirm and "consistently" back up Our Catholic Faith as to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421647 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>question hojo:are you married and what religion was your wife on the day you two got married,keep in mind lying is a sin,oh i forgot your catholic it's ok for you to lie,but could you be honest,once.
Yes--married--with 7 Children. She was a "cradle Catholic" and I was a convert (from a bible only Protestant Church). I'll just accept your "vindictive and hostile" (other statement) as ridiculing "ignorance" which is "par for the course"!!!
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#421648 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been enjoyable but the time has come. Its funny, but it occured to me the other day when it took me about twenty minutes to show a born again guy as work, how his perception about Catholics is false. He's a serious Christian and doesn't want to keep believing errors like that. Furthermore, he now has real concerns about the stuff his pastor has been feeding him about Catholics. Basically .... he's been fed lies.
These souls on here are not the normal folk - as we all can see. They are so deep rooted in suffocating ignorance that they refuse all truths presented to them.
God Bless.
I wouldn't be surprised if the good Lord caused us to bump into each other one Sunday when I get the opportunity to go to mass at the Cathedral. If you're ever in a large north suburban parish on a Friday at 7:00 a.m., come into the chapel for perpetual Eucharistic Adoration, I'll be there. I may happen in on the board occasionally just to say hi to my dear Catholic friends, and I'll keep you all in my prayers. I hope to get a chance to say farewell to Dust Storm and Dan, and brother Robert F. If Gene D. is out there somewhere, hope you're doing well! God Bless.

Tony

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#421649 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one Church and it has existed since the time of Jesus he founded it the Gospel is the Cornerstone.
YOUR institution called the RCC is a sect that has biblical doctrine and non biblical doctrine like Mary worship and prayers to the dead among many others.
The List is extensive.
I trace my spiritual heritage through the Spirit of God and am United through him to the Body of Christ Past Present and Future.
I do not need an earthly membership card his seal is on my heart.
I need not belong to your heretical sect no more than I need belong to the Lutheran Sect to be in the fullness of God.
What is plain to those who are truly indwelt with the HOLY Spirit the comforter who was sent by Jesus is the RCC has become exactly what the Pharisees were in the NT church.
HYPOCRITES
just as you try to point out four square leadership issues in the past their splinters, you ignore the Board in your RCC's eye.
StarC you walk in Pride.
You love to be able to say I belong to thee one I am in you are out I have you don't.
Never once accepting historical facts
Never once accepting Biblical facts
That are in direct contradiction to your assertions.
God Bless you do have much compassion I have sensed in your posts in the past
I feel sorry for you concerned,, its you that walks in ‘PRIDE’ to think that you can be your own god.
Jesus started a Church a Universal [Catholic] Church, giving authority to the Apostles, that he left to teach!!! Mind you, that CHURCH still stands today as HE promised!!!

LOL, and you continue to throw stones as you try to correct the RCC with your lies,[Mary worship] and insults. Pretty much like gif. That to me is YOUR PRIDE.
More lies …you said the Pope didn’t have a good turn out in Brazil 2007. Its reported that 25,000 attended mass.

May God enlighten you, as HE did St. Paul and St Constantine.

Brazil 2013 is still on!
socci

Cameron, MO

#421650 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
I take heretics, hypocrites, liars, bigots and anti-catholic "fundies" who "exaggerate, deceive and distort the TRUTH--(VERY SERIOUSLY---especially when the (only reason) that they are on this forum is to attack, condemn and belittle our Catholic Faith.

God's word is anti-Catholic.

Were Jesus here you would label him the bigot?
socci

Cameron, MO

#421651 Feb 11, 2013

Vatican dismisses talk of pope resigning in 2012

FREIBURG, Germany | Sun Sep 25, 2011

(Reuters)- The Vatican dismissed an Italian newspaper report on Sunday that Pope Benedict was considering resigning next year when he turns 85.

"The pope's health is excellent," Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said. "We don't know anything about it. Ask the person who wrote it."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/09/25/idIN...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421652 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless.
Hey Clay I didn't know if you had a chance to look this over.

Concerned in Eygpt brought up the fact of pope john paul kissing the quran. Can the passage below apply to the pope:

2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

*or is your argument God's Word is not the sole source of Christianity?
MICHAEL

Canada

#421653 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I take heretics, hypocrites, liars, bigots and anti-catholic "fundies" who "exaggerate, deceive and distort the TRUTH--(VERY SERIOUSLY---especially when the (only reason) that they are on this forum is to attack, condemn and belittle our Catholic Faith. If you disagree and hate the Catholic Church (so much) then "go down the street" and join the nearest Protestant Church and they will "tell you what you want to hear" Then when you can't agree with them, find another Protestant Church as "free-loader" there for a while, until you can't agree with them either.--OR---better yet--form your own Church--call it what you want---teach what you want---However--we know that you won't, can't and will (never) do that because "no Protestant Church" can exist without criticizing --or attacking the TRUE CHURCH of Jesus Christ!!
Scriptures claim Jesus was a devout Jew. Didn't Jesus go against his own religious leaders? Isn't that why you believe he was crucified? Wouldn't that make him a heretic in his own religion, going against his own teachers of the faith?

If Jews throughout their history do not believe in the TRINITY, and Jesus was part of the trinity, why would, and how could, Jesus and his family be devout practicing Jews their entire lives, if Jews do not believe in sons of God?
Priest R Molesters

Aliso Viejo, CA

#421654 Feb 11, 2013
The Vatican is part of the cover child sexual abuse molestation cover up. Those monsters hide behind a religion and are above the law.

Priest enjoy having sex with children and traveling to the vatican to get off discussing thier sick sexual act.

Close the Vatican and incarcerate all Popes, cardinals, priest and all the catholic men of the cloth.
MICHAEL

Canada

#421655 Feb 11, 2013
socci wrote:
Vatican dismisses talk of pope resigning in 2012
FREIBURG, Germany | Sun Sep 25, 2011
(Reuters)- The Vatican dismissed an Italian newspaper report on Sunday that Pope Benedict was considering resigning next year when he turns 85.
"The pope's health is excellent," Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said. "We don't know anything about it. Ask the person who wrote it."
http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/09/25/idIN...
That is dated Sept, 25 2011...

I guess his health deteriated very very quickly if just 2 years ago he was in excellent health.

Could it be the scandals? I say yes.

Most popes of the past that RESIGNED OFFICE did so because of turmoil in the church at that time, much like politicians who leave when they can't deal with hot button issues.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#421656 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
StarC, we are chosen by God (called) if God chooses us surely He will teach us His Holy Scriptures.
How?? by the Holy Spirit, who Jesus said would lead us to all truths.
Or do you not believe God; or do you not understand what is written in the Bible the book catholic's like to take credit for giving the world.
Truth is the catholic church tried to keep it from the world , so they burned the different translations of it.
Anyone who did translate it was killed. so the catholic churches lies won't be exposed.
Luther was a catholic, and understood the lies that were being told and by the Grace of God refused to go along with the lies.
No wonder cathoic's hate him he humiliated them in public and nail it to the church doors ,LOL
John 14:25-27
King James Version (KJV)
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
<<
>
>>
LTM, of course we are chosen by God, to FOLLOW HIM.
The subject was,‘who appointed gif’ Where does he get his authority to teach???
From sister aimee?
Luther was a heretic, he was excommunicated the by ‘The One True Church’!!!
Pretty much like any Catholic who wants his own agenda of sin, and leaves. Luther wanted ‘once saved always saved’ because of his sins.
Like today, split on so many protestant churches, because of allowing homosexuals to lead a church. Like today so many leave the protestant church that want women priests, when Jesus appointed only men.
Read the history LTM…those Bibles were CORRUPT, even protestant didn‘t use them. LOL.

‘The Bibles which were collected and burned by the Catholic Church in times past – notably the Wycliff and Tyndale Bibles – were faulty translations, and therefore,

were NOT the holy Word of God. In other words, the Catholic

Church collected and burned

those "Bibles" precisely because she does honor the Bible, the

true Bible, as the holy

Word of God and wants her members to become familiar with its truths. Proof of this is

seen in the fact that after those Bibles were collected and burned, they were replaced by

accurate editions.

There can be no doubt that the Wycliff and Tyndale translations were corrupt and

therefore deserving of extinction, for no church has ever attempted to resurrect them. Nor

can there be any doubt that the Bibles which replaced them were correct translations,

because they have long been honored by both Protestants and Catholics.”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421657 Feb 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you concerned,, its you that walks in ‘PRIDE’ to think that you can be your own god.
Jesus started a Church a Universal [Catholic] Church, giving authority to the Apostles, that he left to teach!!! Mind you, that CHURCH still stands today as HE promised!!!
LOL, and you continue to throw stones as you try to correct the RCC with your lies,[Mary worship] and insults. Pretty much like gif. That to me is YOUR PRIDE.
More lies …you said the Pope didn’t have a good turn out in Brazil 2007. Its reported that 25,000 attended mass.
May God enlighten you, as HE did St. Paul and St Constantine.
Brazil 2013 is still on!
Christ started not a Church....that word is not in Scripture!!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421658 Feb 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree on theology but I believe everyone on this forum are good people. Sometimes personal beliefs get in the way. See how organized religions can divide people. That is very sad.
The basis of all of your beliefs and of and EVERY Protestant, agnostic and atheist on this forum is (nothing but) PERSONAL OPINION) interpretation of the bible---- which is "laced, ingrained, and (loaded) with anti-catholic hostility and vengeance---NOT doctrine, NOT theology, and NOT Truth. If there is ANY truth at all with this vindictive group of defiant Prodigal Son bible only Protestants--it is "relative truth" (whatever each person decides is true---- is the truth!!! 42,000 contradicting beliefs today: 42,500 inconsistent beliefs tomorrow, 43,000 conflicting beliefs the next day!!!(35+ years, I was indoctrinated in this distorted BIBLE ONLY thinking)--Not any more!!-- YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!----IT IS ALL YOURS!!!!!
MICHAEL

Canada

#421659 Feb 11, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
"‘May another take his office.’o
21Therefore, it is necessary that one of the men who accompanied
us the whole time the Lord Jesus came and went among us,
22beginning from the baptism of John until the day on which he was
taken up from us, become with us a witness to his resurrection.”p
23So they proposed two, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias.
24Then they prayed,“You, Lord, who
know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have
chosen
25to take the place in this apostolic ministry from which
Judas turned away to go to his own place.”
26* q Then they gave
lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted
with the eleven apostles."
http://www.usccb.org/bible/acts/1
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
So what is the point of the holy spirit if they all vote differently anyway?

Guranteed the cardinals are jockeying for position right this minute and they will win over others and the result will be based on who strong arms the most votes.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421660 Feb 11, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Are yuo looking for Pope John Paul to rise any day now
No but some other Bishop---just like him---will be taking His place!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 16 hr Yeshua wasIS God ... 8
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web