Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,626
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#421362 Feb 10, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1054 AD at the Great Schism the RCC came into full existence pretty much as it exists today.
To compare the Catholic Christian church in Rome in 500AD to 1110AD is like a pebble to a mountain.
China as a nation has existed longer.
First Indian nations in Canada have existed longer with rich histories and culture. For over 3000 Years.
Jews and Judaism has existed longer the the RCC sect
Mongolia has existed longer.
Shiite Muslim sects have existed longer.
The Vatican became a separate state at the will of a Fascist Dictator named Mussolini who bought an indulgence an endorsement of the pope by granting the Vatican Statehood.
Dirty politics to say the least.
YOU CLEARLY have you shown you are and uneducated fool.
You should think twice before you put fingers to keyboard.
Truth matters you know very little of it.
It doesn't seem like you're concerned about actual facts, but rather an ideology.
you say the Catholic Church began to exist after the great schism? That's weird, since they were there (with the Papacy in all) before that.
instead of being 'concerned in Egypt' maybe you should be 'concerned with your soul'.
Deception should not an a part of Christian thinking..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421363 Feb 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They cease to exist...
we have been over this time and time again. just because your church and you people dont see them, doesnt mean they dont happen to Christians today.
speaking of tongues, I have spoke of my friend Tom praying in tongues and the woman he was praying for knew what he was praying since it was in her own language.

you are sincere, but you are wrong.

One day, I as pulling out of the shopping center on arainy day, and a man run the red light. I had time only to pray, Lord Help.that guys mustang(good memory, huh)stopped just a few feet from us and we would have been killed otherwise. if that wasnt a miraccle, i dont know what was or is.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421364 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>for you or anyone else to insinuate that Jesus is incased in a pool of water is as stupid as the catholics saying that Jesus is a piece of grain.
it is more Jesus in us that is important and Biblical correct.what your theology is missing is that we become one with Jesus, which is what 'into Jesus" means.
AMEN !!!!

> LOL <
Clay

United States

#421365 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Why have close to 40% of RC's in Brazil joined Evangelical fellowships in 20 years?
Answer they got educated LOL
They got educated? Let me guess, you guys told them the Bible popped out of the sky; already declared 'word of God' on the cover. Then, you told them the Apostles handed it all out to the folks to figure out the Ministry of Jesus Christ on their own. THEN, you told them a group calling themselves ' Roman Catholic' began killing everybody and establishing their own version of the books, thus corrupting Christianity for the next thousand yrs.
Then something miraculous happened: The invention of the printing press!! now the Bible could be read by the laity. And men like Luther and Calvin uncovered the secret the Catholic Church was keeping from everyone for the last 1600 yrs. Now finally, with a printed family Bible, we all learned the truth!! You point to Revelation and tell the victims, "see, the Whore of Babylon is the Roman Catholic Church' and those educated people believe you..
lol
Is this the education you're taking about? Heck, you're no differed then Joseph Smith who duped people using his version of a Bible.

Location hidden

#421366 Feb 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is a work....not of man...but the working of God....
Colossians 2:12
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the [working of God,] who raised him from the dead.
lol. tell me how much [work] does God put into us telling a minister that we want to get Baptised? how much work does God do while we walk out into a river?

God Saves us and He doesnt have to do any [work] to do that.it is a gift/

in the kjv, the word working is not used. instead it uses the word [operation].

Baptism is [something] that we do in [obediance] to His Will, after we are Saved. if you hank, would ever get Saved, then you would understand, until then, you are like the catholics, they dont understand and neither do you.

Location hidden

#421367 Feb 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge.....
I have tried to explain to you several times....
Holy Spirit baptism that the APOSTLES received WAS NOT/IS NOT in water......it is BAPTISM of the HOLY SPIRIT w/fire (POWER)......
We DO NOT/CANNOT receive this baptism today.....
john chapterm7 verses 37-39

explain that Experience that I received after I was saved 36 hours before.

I dare you to try

Location hidden

#421368 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Truth,
I haven't been here long, but so far I am in agreement with all of your replies to my posts.
Thanks for the additional comments.
that is because Hank is a campbellite like you.lol
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421369 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You conspiracy Christians always amaze me. You created a fantasy scenario that is built on sand.
The Catholic Church is the longest organization on the planet. I'm sorry, but China has gone thru tons of different forms of governments and geography since the Catholic Church.
wow.
Well then again based on your logic a change in the way of conducting government within the organization is the a new beginning

Thus the RCC has changed numerous times as they have changed how they choose a Pope thus its not as old as you say it is you do know that the RC governmental system has changed many times don't you.

Also with regards to Geography a change in Geography means the organization started new as Syria and Turkey were all once RC and now are not your organization has ceased to exist.

Stop making it up as you go your only making it easier for me to prove you are a dumb dumb

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421370 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. tell me how much [work] does God put into us telling a minister that we want to get Baptised? how much work does God do while we walk out into a river?
Baptism is [something] that we do in [obediance] to His Will, after we are Saved. if you hank, would ever get Saved, then you would understand, until then, you are like the catholics, they dont understand and neither do you.
WOW I did not realise TRUTH was not saved until just now. Thanks for the thumbs up !!!!

Location hidden

#421371 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah was saved by God's grace through His Faith, in a never failing God.
He believed God' His faith was counted as righteousness.
The same as Abraham,
Preston will beable to explain this better then me , Noah and his family in the ark when the world was flood was a form of baptism.
So was Moses and the children of Israel, when God parted the sea and they crossed on dry land.
The connection with the N.T. baptism is a spiritual one.
saban is a campbellite just as Hank is, they, like the catholics and the jw's are indoctrinated into beleive what there church teaches and not what the bible teaches, even tho they will try and twist what It teaches.

and I agree with you, the greatest miracle is when God Saves a sinner.by the Blood of Jesus, not river Baptism nor tap water
Clay

United States

#421372 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Well then again based on your logic a change in the way of conducting government within the organization is the a new beginning
Thus the RCC has changed numerous times as they have changed how they choose a Pope thus its not as old as you say it is you do know that the RC governmental system has changed many times don't you.
Also with regards to Geography a change in Geography means the organization started new as Syria and Turkey were all once RC and now are not your organization has ceased to exist.
Stop making it up as you go your only making it easier for me to prove you are a dumb dumb
I only used geography when talking about China. Not the CC.
you seem like a nice guy, but you're failing miserably to convince me of your theology. Your conspiracy Christianity works on some Brazilians I suppose..

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#421373 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
STAC C
Long time no post
You would do well not bring up the history of Christian Sects leaders and stick to whether or not your faith in RC doctrine is Biblical.
The provable factual evidence of the 40+ million the RCC has slaughtered in the Past 500 years and the Deeds of its RC Popes is unprecedented in Christian history, not to mention the recent scandals of your Priests and the cover ups with the assault and rape of little boys.
This argument you will lose hands down.
You would do well not to point this finger as three are pointing back.
Definitely the Camp fire Pot calling used tea cup black.
You and I both know the RC is Bible based.

Well of course, since your church has only been in existence since 1922. lol
Too bad we can’t check the record of the Pentecostal church 2000 years from now.
[if its still around]

Still doing the same here, gif attacks we defend. Be sure to call your brother gif on his insults of the One True Church.
Some things never change.

Regarding the posts visit … I will surly post pics here to keep you updated..

“ Pope Benedict XVI visit to Brazil in 2007, Pope Benedict XVI presided over the ..... for Catholic youth, where he addressed some 25,000 young people in attendance.”

Its no joke when 25,000 attend mass.

Take care.

Location hidden

#421374 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:3...Maybe I didn't describe it exactly right hoping the reader would understand what I meant.
Did this to 'tongue thing' happen to you?
You are right that I will not stay long. Biblically, we're just supposed to spread the Gospel and 'shake the dust off our sandals' as we move on. We're not supposed to cast pearls to swine.
You call me a Campbellite but I refer to myself as Christian. Campbellite is not Biblical and is offensive -- and I think you know that.
The Church of Christ existed LONG before Campbell. And long before the Catholic Church to as a matter of fact.
yeah, I have seen you campbellites say that your church was there at the beginning. but we know that you are a liar when you say that.if any church can make that claim, it would be the baptsit church, but to Christians, we all know that it is the Born Again church that was first and only church.

so go ahead and shake the dust off of your feet. just shows how dirty that you are. not spiritual.
Clay

United States

#421375 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. tell me how much [work] does God put into us telling a minister that we want to get Baptised? how much work does God do while we walk out into a river?
sorry Preston, but you don't have the authority to undo infant Baptism. Id be careful, because if it is the will of Christ to bring Him the children at Baptism (like the Jews bring their children to God at circumcision) then you're going to be held into account. What are you going to tell Christ, that you read in the Bible that infants should not be Baptized?? Jesus will say, "show me book, chapter and verse where I said to not Baptize infants"

Christ said, "bring me the children, do not hinder them".
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#421376 Feb 10, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
34j There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses would sell them, bring the proceeds of the sale, 35and put them at the feet of the apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need.
http://www.usccb.org/bible/acts/4
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
I didn't know Catholics didn't own their homes and that they gave all they made to the Bank of Vatican for redistribution as the Apostles see fit.
Who are the Apostles today? The board of the Bank of Vatican?
Clay

United States

#421377 Feb 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I both know the RC is Bible based.
Well of course, since your church has only been in existence since 1922. lol
Too bad we can’t check the record of the Pentecostal church 2000 years from now.
[if its still around]
Still doing the same here, gif attacks we defend. Be sure to call your brother gif on his insults of the One True Church.
Some things never change.
Regarding the posts visit … I will surly post pics here to keep you updated..
“ Pope Benedict XVI visit to Brazil in 2007, Pope Benedict XVI presided over the ..... for Catholic youth, where he addressed some 25,000 young people in attendance.”
Its no joke when 25,000 attend mass.
Take care.
Wait a second... that guy is a Pentecostal?? Wow.

Location hidden

#421378 Feb 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Saban, Socci , LTM and Marge where discussing baptism as well as you and your statement to Marge was as follows. It was plural indicating more than one.
Comments (Page 20,307)
marge wrote:
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
AtemCowboy wrote:
you cant tell these campbellites anything, they think that they know everything
doesnt mean that I called him a campbellite, does it. Hank is on here too.lol

saban and hank, that makes two and two is plural.
when are you going to leave that hatred behind and get saved?
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#421379 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is because Hank is a campbellite like you.lol
I'm sure you intended to say Christian. I've never known or studied Campbell, but I belong to Christ's church and can defend that point biblically.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421380 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, I have seen you campbellites say that your church was there at the beginning. but we know that you are a liar when you say that.if any church can make that claim, it would be the baptsit church, but to Christians, we all know that it is the Born Again church that was first and only church.
so go ahead and shake the dust off of your feet. just shows how dirty that you are. not spiritual.
Acts 7:38

King James Version (KJV)

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Location hidden

#421381 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry Preston, but you don't have the authority to undo infant Baptism. Id be careful, because if it is the will of Christ to bring Him the children at Baptism (like the Jews bring their children to God at circumcision) then you're going to be held into account. What are you going to tell Christ, that you read in the Bible that infants should not be Baptized?? Jesus will say, "show me book, chapter and verse where I said to not Baptize infants"
Christ said, "bring me the children, do not hinder them".
be careful?lol

infant baptism is a waste of time and all it does is make the baby cry, the baby is safe as far as Heaven is concerned and I would hate to think that a good man like you clay, would say that a baby would go to hell if it was not baptised.

I am glad that I know better. my baby died at the age of 15 days.Iahd him home only two days before he died. On athursday night, i did take him to church with me and we took him to the altar and dedicated him to the Lord(no baptism).

and later after he died, God showed me in a vision that Jerrod was safe in the "cleft of a large moutain".I hope to see him some day in heaven with my parents and those who have went on before me.

until then, my mom is rocking him and singing good ole Gospel songs to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Scales Off 8,698
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 6 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 8 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web