Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
405,981 - 406,000 of 532,639 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus showed wonderful things He healed the blind, lepers, made the dumb to talk, deaf to hear, the lamb walk, and freed men of demons.
Jesus told these people 'YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WHOLE',
If our faith would surpass our human limitations, and we believed what Jesus said 'WE WOULD DO GREATER THINGS THEN THIS'.
People have been feed a watered down faith to make us believe, it was only as you said.
God is the same God to all generations, everything that was given from God to that generation is also for this generation.
If we can not believe that then we have bought into the same lie,
that it was only childish things that people had to see.
Yes we read about it and we should believe it happened just as the Bible says it did, so why can't we believe these same healings are still going on today.
We have limited God's ability's to work through us because we lack faith that He will.
God can not, nor will He move without faith .
Without faith we can not please God.
If you are a Bible student you must believe,
Philippians 4:12-13
12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.
In all things, our faith in God should stand. We are His workmanship.
Quoting from the following article that you should read:

"In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul argued that love is a more excellent attribute than miraculous gifts. After all, miraculous gifts (i.e., prophecy, tongue-speaking, supernatural knowledge, etc.) were going to fail, vanish, cease, and be done away (13:8). These gifts are identified in the text with the expression “in part”(13:9-10). The “in part,” or miraculous, would cease when the “perfect” had come. But to what does the “perfect” refer?"

"Paul offered a useful illustration to clarify his point. When the church possessed only small bits and pieces of God’s will, as revealed through scattered miraculous gifts and the gradual production, between approximately A.D. 57 and A.D. 95, of the written documents from the inspired writers of the New Testament, it could not achieve full spiritual maturity. It therefore was like a child (13:11). It lacked the necessary elements to reach spiritual adulthood. However, when the totality of God’s will, which became the New Testament, had been revealed, the church then had the means available to become “a man”(13:11). Once the church had access to all of God’s written Word, the means by which the Word was given (i.e., miraculous gifts) would be obsolete, useless, and therefore “put away”(13:11). Notice that Paul likened miracles to “childish things”(13:11). In other words, miracles were the spiritual equivalents of pacifiers that were necessary while the church was in a state of infancy. Since we now have access to “all truth”(John 16:13), the use of tongue-speaking and other miraculous enhancements in the church today would be comparable to an adult man or woman who continued to use a pacifier!"

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse the early Christians with modern day Evangelicals.
The Bible (to them) was the Hebrew books. Not the various letters and memoirs of The Apostles. Those did not yet become part of The Bible.
The Apostles were convinced Christ was coming back in their lifetime. They would never have thought to compile their writings into a Bible.
The Roman Catholic Church decided to do just that in the 4th and 5th century.
Roman Catholic Women Priests.......on the move in O-HI-O.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Religion/2013/02/1...

When christianity first started there were only a few, I am sure you don't laugh when you read about them.

25 years ago ZERO women interested in becoming catholic priests. Today, they are lining up! Yes we know the vatican is against equality of women to men, but change will come and one day you CLAY will also embrace it.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are wrong on this statment.
and an unsaved person would not get baptized.
every person that belongs to the campbellite churches are unsaved yet they have been baptised, that is the false doctrine that they follow. they are every much as lost as the jw's.
however you will find that in the majority they are a much better class of people
Preston, I am not not familar with the different churches,
as you are. So many different teachings no wonder people get confused.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it is a catchy name. Almost the only name Christ's church could have. Romans 16:16b - "All the churches of Christ send greetings." What year was this written?
Understand something... it was the religious that put Christ to death because he preached things with which they disagreed. Was he a cult leader? He was treated like one by those that would be considered "religious".
If you could show me how I worship in a manner that is unscriptural, or how I follow and teach unscriptural things,(I could easily list these with the Catholic church), I might be able to be convinced you are right.
So far, people are only calling me names (i.e. Cult, Campbellite etc.)
I don't mean to insult you by implying you're a member of a cult.
I don't have any doubt that you are a good person and trying to be the best Christian possible.

"If you can show me how I worship in a manner that is unscriptural, or how I follow and teach unscriptural things....."

By following the scripture alone, you are worshiping in a manner that is unscriptural. If you teach that everything about Christianity should be found in the Bible, that would be unscriptural"

As I stated a few posts above: The New Testament wasn't written in the yrs following Jesus Christ. Some writings weren't put down until 40-50 yrs after.
The earliest known book is from the Apostle Paul (Galatians or 1thess) written around 50 AD... www.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_testament

The Church functioned by Baptizing, Confession and the Holy Eucharist. The Holy Mass is talked about by Paul in 1Cor 11:23
"For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed took bread..."

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

BAPTISM FROM THE

OLD TESTAMENT PERIOD TO THE END OF TIMES

Baptism of the EARTH AND MAN

Cleansed with water and purged with fire in order to create a New Heaven and New Earth.
The same concept with man the putting off of the old man and leading to a New Creature in Christ.

http://cgca.net/coglinks/origin/HistoryofBapt...
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

"Vatican official thanks media for exposing sex scandal"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-213...

LMAO... Not so long ago, the supposed "ONLY TRUE GUIDED CHURCH" was claiming their sin was a "media invention."

The RCC official goes on to say....

"They [the media] helped to keep the energy, if you will, to keep the movement going so that we would, honestly and with transparency, and with our strength, confront what is true,"

If Jesus were truly guiding this institution --- they would NOT need decades of media reports and police raids to "confront what is true."

This shameful excuse of a church/state is 100% BUSTED.

Again.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Women catholic priests website.

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/ordained...

----------

Priests forming a UNION.....wanting a voice!!

http://www.uscatholicpriests.org/...

http://istandwiththesisters.org/new-priests-o...

I am sure the powers to be in the vatican don't like this one bit, but deceased ROMAN CATHOLIC CARDINAL MARTINI stated the church is 200 years behind the times and change is NEEDED! to hold the whole thing together.

So refreshing to read what Cardinal Martini stated. I wonder how many more cardinals in the vatican feel that way.

BIG CHANGES are coming....the followers will demand it.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have met some wonderful Christians from the "Church of Christ",and I find that they are basically evangelical in their core beliefs.BTW,they have Communion every Sunday,which I find lacking in many other evangelical churches.
Nevertheless,I am opposed to legalism and that attitude of exclusion which is prevalent in that denomination.It is a divisive tool of Satan from the get go,when people herald their particular church and CLAIM that it is the only one Christ acknowledges and blesses,"The True Church".
There is a man I work with who is a Baptist,he and his wife both claim to be born-again,but she will never go to his baptist church,he has gone many times to her "Church of Christ". He tells me that he sees great people in that church,and he just feeds on the Word, which is there as well,but his wife is so legalistic that she will have absolutely nothing to do with the Baptist church he went to long before he met her.They now never attend one church together,and are divided spiritually,along with the fact that they do not even communicate together about spiritual things.He told me that he basically feels that she does not see him as a Christian at all,they never pray together,whatever.
"A house divided against itself will not stand(will fall)." People can on the surface look as though everything is ok,but it is staggering to find out how divided many people are over the things of God.SAD,SAD,SAD!!!
That proves to me in spite of the fact that all of Christianity is divided into many factions,Christ still is able to keep us together in H I M,He makes the difference. That couple could be strong in Christ even though they may not go to the same building to worship HIM,but they allowed their denominational differences divide them and unfortunately Christ is not their Source.
Looking to the organization or church institution to cement a unity in a marriage is a fatal attraction at best.But Christ unifies and brings a couple together in His love,than whatever church they attend,can be a haven of rest for their weary souls.The Church should be a Haven,a Lighthouse in a turbulent sea or ocean,for souls that Love and serve Christ.But often that is not the case.That is why we have so many different churches.Souls wearied by this world are seeking a safe harbor.
The Church has to be constantly challenged by the Spirit of God,it stands to become complacent if the Spirit is not active within its ranks.
Legalism is the most dangerous element in a church,because it destroys the filial love,and ultimately blocks the AGAPE love from ruling in the hearts of all within the church.Often when we see on TV or a movie those rigid religious people who cause more harm than good, it is a fact that many people who are in religious circles are rigid and cold,legalistic and self serving.
Churches that are based on legalistic and exclusive beliefs,may show love and concern to your face,but if you are just visiting and just want to share Christian love and testimony,their guard goes up.
1 Corinthians 7:14

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Ezra 9:2 They have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and their sons, and have mingled the holy race with the peoples around them. And the leaders and officials have led the way in this unfaithfulness."

Malachi 2:15 Has not [the LORD] made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.
----------
1 Corinthians 7:13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
New International Version
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
"Vatican official thanks media for exposing sex scandal"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-213...
LMAO... Not so long ago, the supposed "ONLY TRUE GUIDED CHURCH" was claiming their sin was a "media invention."
The RCC official goes on to say....
"They [the media] helped to keep the energy, if you will, to keep the movement going so that we would, honestly and with transparency, and with our strength, confront what is true,"
If Jesus were truly guiding this institution --- they would NOT need decades of media reports and police raids to "confront what is true."
This shameful excuse of a church/state is 100% BUSTED.
Again.
UNBELIEVABLE! What a difference 2 years makes.

ANTHONY,(sister) REGINA.M., CLAY, HOJO, CATHOLIC MOM, FUNFACTS and other catholics over the past few years slammed the MEDIA and us for exposing the sins of the church leaders.

Now the church is THANKING us and the media for exposing the evils that lurked.

Our work is never over, and I am sure apologies from ANTHONY, sister REGINA.M and others will be forthcoming.

The right thing to do. Be TRUTHFUL.

More good journalism from RCC SUPERIORITY so BUSTED!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it is a catchy name. Almost the only name Christ's church could have. Romans 16:16b - "All the churches of Christ send greetings." What year was this written?
Understand something... it was the religious that put Christ to death because he preached things with which they disagreed. Was he a cult leader? He was treated like one by those that would be considered "religious".
If you could show me how I worship in a manner that is unscriptural, or how I follow and teach unscriptural things,(I could easily list these with the Catholic church), I might be able to be convinced you are right.
So far, people are only calling me names (i.e. Cult, Campbellite etc.)
"Almost the only name Christ's Church could have. Romans 16:16 'all the Churches of Christ send greetings'. What yr was this written"?

Most scholars put Paul's letter to the Romans around 60 AD (30 yrs after Jesus died)

Ignatius of Antioch (disciple of the Apostle John) wrote this in 110 AD:
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be. As wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize and give communion without the consent of the Bishop. On the other hand, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God. Thus whatever is done will be safe and valid"
letter to the Smymaeans 110 AD

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

Consider this man new some of the Apostles personally.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have met some wonderful Christians from the "Church of Christ",and I find that they are basically evangelical in their core beliefs.BTW,they have Communion every Sunday,which I find lacking in many other evangelical churches.
Nevertheless,I am opposed to legalism and that attitude of exclusion which is prevalent in that denomination.It is a divisive tool of Satan from the get go,when people herald their particular church and CLAIM that it is the only one Christ acknowledges and blesses,"The True Church".
There is a man I work with who is a Baptist,he and his wife both claim to be born-again,but she will never go to his baptist church,he has gone many times to her "Church of Christ". He tells me that he sees great people in that church,and he just feeds on the Word, which is there as well,but his wife is so legalistic that she will have absolutely nothing to do with the Baptist church he went to long before he met her.They now never attend one church together,and are divided spiritually,along with the fact that they do not even communicate together about spiritual things.He told me that he basically feels that she does not see him as a Christian at all,they never pray together,whatever.
"A house divided against itself will not stand(will fall)." People can on the surface look as though everything is ok,but it is staggering to find out how divided many people are over the things of God.SAD,SAD,SAD!!!
That proves to me in spite of the fact that all of Christianity is divided into many factions,Christ still is able to keep us together in H I M,He makes the difference. That couple could be strong in Christ even though they may not go to the same building to worship HIM,but they allowed their denominational differences divide them and unfortunately Christ is not their Source.
Looking to the organization or church institution to cement a unity in a marriage is a fatal attraction at best.But Christ unifies and brings a couple together in His love,than whatever church they attend,can be a haven of rest for their weary souls.The Church should be a Haven,a Lighthouse in a turbulent sea or ocean,for souls that Love and serve Christ.But often that is not the case.That is why we have so many different churches.Souls wearied by this world are seeking a safe harbor.
The Church has to be constantly challenged by the Spirit of God,it stands to become complacent if the Spirit is not active within its ranks.
Legalism is the most dangerous element in a church,because it destroys the filial love,and ultimately blocks the AGAPE love from ruling in the hearts of all within the church.Often when we see on TV or a movie those rigid religious people who cause more harm than good, it is a fact that many people who are in religious circles are rigid and cold,legalistic and self serving.
Churches that are based on legalistic and exclusive beliefs,may show love and concern to your face,but if you are just visiting and just want to share Christian love and testimony,their guard goes up.
"Stressing the need to conform strictly to the will of God in all matters of faith and practice can cause one to be labeled as a “fundamentalist"" (or "legalist").
"Is “legalism” to be equated with too much concern for obedience? Is “legalism” equivalent to ardent determination to keep God’s commandments?"

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any doubt that you are a good person and trying to be the best Christian possible.
"If you can show me how I worship in a manner that is unscriptural, or how I follow and teach unscriptural things....."
By following the scripture alone, you are worshiping in a manner that is unscriptural. If you teach that everything about Christianity should be found in the Bible, that would be unscriptural"
As I stated a few posts above: The New Testament wasn't written in the yrs following Jesus Christ. Some writings weren't put down until 40-50 yrs after.
The earliest known book is from the Apostle Paul (Galatians or 1thess) written around 50 AD... www.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_testament
The Church functioned by Baptizing, Confession and the Holy Eucharist. The Holy Mass is talked about by Paul in 1Cor 11:23
"For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed took bread..."

Why did Paul not know Jesus? The earliest writer. All of Pauls writings NEVER mentions the MIRACULOUS VIRGIN BIRTH, or visitation by the Maji, no mention of any miracles what so ever, no mention of John Baptist or even the CRUCIFIXION.

Could it be these stories had not yet been invented until the writing of the gospels decades later? Can you verify who the actual writers of the gospels were? No you can't. Its all speculation. THATS NOT GOOD!

From the very beginning of the old testament right through jewish history, God claimed that the SABBATH was the 7th day. The men of the catholic church changed that to appease the pagans who worshipped the SUN-GOD, so it became SUN-GOD, SUN-DAY, SUNDAY WORSHIP...

There is not a JEWISH sabbath and a CHRISTIAN sabbath.....there is only one sabbath......the 7th day........BUSTED!

....something is terribly wrong CLAYPOOL!

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Romans 12:2 (KJV)~ And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 5:26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
----------
Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! You actually said "By following the scripture alone, you are worshiping in a manner that is unscriptural. If you teach that everything about Christianity should be found in the Bible, that would be unscriptural"

Which scriptures say that following scripture alone is not sufficient? If there is such a scripture, why then should I believe it if you are correct in your teaching above? Why should I believe anything in the Bible if what you just said is true?

It is painfully obvious that the NT scriptures were not written for many years. Teachings were done with signs and miracles to confirm that the words spoken were from God. Yet, once the Word of God was complete those "childish things" were put away.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting from the following article that you should read:
"In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul argued that love is a more excellent attribute than miraculous gifts. After all, miraculous gifts (i.e., prophecy, tongue-speaking, supernatural knowledge, etc.) were going to fail, vanish, cease, and be done away (13:8). These gifts are identified in the text with the expression “in part”(13:9-10). The “in part,” or miraculous, would cease when the “perfect” had come. But to what does the “perfect” refer?"
"Paul offered a useful illustration to clarify his point. When the church possessed only small bits and pieces of God’s will, as revealed through scattered miraculous gifts and the gradual production, between approximately A.D. 57 and A.D. 95, of the written documents from the inspired writers of the New Testament, it could not achieve full spiritual maturity. It therefore was like a child (13:11). It lacked the necessary elements to reach spiritual adulthood. However, when the totality of God’s will, which became the New Testament, had been revealed, the church then had the means available to become “a man”(13:11). Once the church had access to all of God’s written Word, the means by which the Word was given (i.e., miraculous gifts) would be obsolete, useless, and therefore “put away”(13:11). Notice that Paul likened miracles to “childish things”(13:11). In other words, miracles were the spiritual equivalents of pacifiers that were necessary while the church was in a state of infancy. Since we now have access to “all truth”(John 16:13), the use of tongue-speaking and other miraculous enhancements in the church today would be comparable to an adult man or woman who continued to use a pacifier!"
Saban ; I do not need to see a miracle happen to know it happened, I do believe God is a miracle working God.
To see a person claim Jesus Christ as Lord and savior is a Miracle , a spiritual dead soul being re-born.
People are the Church, there are some people who stay an infant in the Lord because of lack of faith, and they are swayed by all kinds of teachings.(RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE).
THESE PEOPLE ARE BELIEVING EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE SAYS ; BUT THEY DON'T BELIEVE GOD AND WHAT HE SAYS.
The Church will never stop growning and maturing, till we reach Heaven and all the mysteries of the ages will be revealed.
I do believe the spiritual Fruits, and Gifts belong to the Holy Spirit, who He uses is His business not mine.
They are to impower, and edify the church.
When you see souls being changed and hearts break before the power of Almighty God. And Live completely transform by God.
What greater Miracle is there then this.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I ever said we could save ourselves through baptism? That is a strawman argument. We're it not for God's grace no one could be saved - we agree on that point.
Was Noah saved by God's grace?
Noah was saved by God's grace through His Faith, in a never failing God.
He believed God' His faith was counted as righteousness.
The same as Abraham,
Preston will beable to explain this better then me , Noah and his family in the ark when the world was flood was a form of baptism.
So was Moses and the children of Israel, when God parted the sea and they crossed on dry land.
The connection with the N.T. baptism is a spiritual one.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! You actually said "By following the scripture alone, you are worshiping in a manner that is unscriptural. If you teach that everything about Christianity should be found in the Bible, that would be unscriptural"
Which scriptures say that following scripture alone is not sufficient? If there is such a scripture, why then should I believe it if you are correct in your teaching above? Why should I believe anything in the Bible if what you just said is true?
It is painfully obvious that the NT scriptures were not written for many years. Teachings were done with signs and miracles to confirm that the words spoken were from God. Yet, once the Word of God was complete those "childish things" were put away.
scripture alone is made up by a couple dudes- 1,600 after Christ. If you went back in time and mentioned sola scriptura to the Apostles, you'd get a long bank stare. Jesus established a Church not a set of Books. You can not show from scripture, that Jesus taught scripture alone. You can't show where any of The Apostles taught Scripture alone. So why do people believe this?

Btw, please don't ever think we don't acknowledge your relationship with Jesus Christ in its own right. I know so many righteous non Catholics...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 7:14
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
Ezra 9:2 They have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and their sons, and have mingled the holy race with the peoples around them. And the leaders and officials have led the way in this unfaithfulness."
Malachi 2:15 Has not [the LORD] made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.
----------
1 Corinthians 7:13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
New International Version
Guest I owe you an apology, I am sorry for being insenitive.
I have no excuse, please forgive me.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Saban ; I do not need to see a miracle happen to know it happened, I do believe God is a miracle working God.
To see a person claim Jesus Christ as Lord and savior is a Miracle , a spiritual dead soul being re-born.
People are the Church, there are some people who stay an infant in the Lord because of lack of faith, and they are swayed by all kinds of teachings.(RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE).
THESE PEOPLE ARE BELIEVING EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE SAYS ; BUT THEY DON'T BELIEVE GOD AND WHAT HE SAYS.
The Church will never stop growning and maturing, till we reach Heaven and all the mysteries of the ages will be revealed.
I do believe the spiritual Fruits, and Gifts belong to the Holy Spirit, who He uses is His business not mine.
They are to impower, and edify the church.
When you see souls being changed and hearts break before the power of Almighty God. And Live completely transform by God.
What greater Miracle is there then this.
I didn't intend to imply that you needed it. Those people in the first century did need it though. If they were following the Law of Moses and thought they were doing the correct things in the eyes of God, they needed a powerful message to show them otherwise. God provided a powerful message to them through the things His early disciples could perform.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah was saved by God's grace through His Faith, in a never failing God.
He believed God' His faith was counted as righteousness.
The same as Abraham,
Preston will beable to explain this better then me , Noah and his family in the ark when the world was flood was a form of baptism.
So was Moses and the children of Israel, when God parted the sea and they crossed on dry land.
The connection with the N.T. baptism is a spiritual one.
Good. So we agree he was saved by God's grace just as we are. What would've happened if Noah had only relied on God's grace and he had not followed through with the commands he had been given. In short, was there something he had to do in order to accept the grace God offered?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 34 min Married in 8,127
More 23 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 23 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••