Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595912 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421272 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The short of it Saban we are saved by faith not of works less anyone should boost.
Nothing we do even getting baptized in water saves us.
It is a works we do, we are saved by the works of Jesus Christ, on the cross for the remission of our sins
If we could save our selfs by being baptized in water Jesus would not have had to die on the cross.
When does a person repent?? an unsaved person won't repent and an unsaved person would not get baptized.
Repent and be baptized for the remission of sin , Remission is used to translate the Greek word of the Scriptures, pronounced af-es-is, which means freedom, particularly after a pardon.
repentance and remission of sins"
The remission of sins is made possible only by and through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
Peter preached repentance for the remission of sins:
"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38 KJV)
Have I ever said we could save ourselves through baptism? That is a strawman argument. We're it not for God's grace no one could be saved - we agree on that point.

Was Noah saved by God's grace?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421273 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:3...Maybe I didn't describe it exactly right hoping the reader would understand what I meant.
Did this to 'tongue thing' happen to you?
You are right that I will not stay long. Biblically, we're just supposed to spread the Gospel and 'shake the dust off our sandals' as we move on. We're not supposed to cast pearls to swine.
You call me a Campbellite but I refer to myself as Christian. Campbellite is not Biblical and is offensive -- and I think you know that.
The Church of Christ existed LONG before Campbell. And long before the Catholic Church to as a matter of fact.
The Church of Christ is a cult in every way imaginable. Its not the real "Church of Christ".
They have a catchy name that seems to imply something, but its just not factual.
Christ started a Church that referred to themselves as Catholic from AT LEAST as early as 110 AD
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421275 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how did I KNOW that I was saved. the answer is obvious, I felt the Blood of jesus as it cleansed my soul.
Howe did I know that I was filled with the Holy Ghost.
the answer again is easy to tell. my body could not hold any more water afer it came gushing out of my belly.
did i speak in other langiages. NOPE, NEVER DID, AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.
WHY WAS i BAPTISEED, BECAUSE THAT WAS GODS WILL IN MY SPIRITUAL WALK WITH HIM.
WHERE DO i FIND EXAMPLES? IN THE bIBLE. PEOPLE CALLED ON THE LORD AND WERE sAVED, THEN THEY WERE FILLED WITH THE hOLY GHOST AND AFTER THAT THEY WERE bAPTISED IN WATER. JUST LIKE ME.LOL.
MY HOLY GHOST EXPEIRENCE CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN SCRIPTURES. JOHN CHAPER 7 VERSES 37-39. READ THEM AND WEEP. MY CAMBELLITE "new friend" as robert f says.lol
How did people "call on the Lord"? Is it the "sinner's Prayer" which is found nowhere in your Bible? Do you have scriptural examples for calling on the name of the Lord?

The only one's I can think of were at Pentecost and with Paul. At Pentecost in Acts 2:21 Peter tells the crowd "and it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" later they ask Peter in Acts 37 "What shall we do?" Peter proceeds to tell them how to "call upon the name of the Lord" in Acts 2:38. This is exactly the "calling on his name" we read about in Acts 22:16 in the case of Paul - "And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421276 Feb 10, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Man made RCC argument is quite flawed.
If we are to carry your man made logic to its logical conclusion they never would of wrote anything down if they thought Jesus was coming back (second coming) in there life time. But there is no Biblical or early Church evidence to believe that they did believe the second coming was going to happen in their life times.
YOU see unlike you the Apostles Knew the OT inside and out.
They knew Apocalyptic writings sayings when they read or heard them.
You see the NT and the Apostles taught of the Coming of the Lord and the Second coming of the Messsiah.
If you knew the difference you would not make the error you just posted.
They believed the Coming of the Lord was imminent as Jesus taught in Matt 23 and John in Revelation.
AS in the OT the coming of the LORD was God's wrath and Judgement and it came in their generation in 70 AD when Israel was sacked and God allowed the Romans to lay Siege to Jerusalem for 3 !/2 years and when it was finished not one stone of the temple stood on another.
The coming of the Lord and the Second Coming are two different events, back to bible school for Clay.
You would do well to stop spewing your indoctrination brain washed teachings of the RCC now and go study the Bible.
Truth Matters
lol, don't talk to me about 'man made RCC argument'! Your whole theology is base on a couple dudes in the 16th century.*Especially* the false teaching of Sola Scriptura.

Anyway, as you know, the New Testament wasn't written in the yrs following Christ. Some writings were not put down until 40-50 yrs after Christ died. That's quite a long time for a Church to function with no writings!
That throws your whole 'Bible Alone' teaching in the toilet.

I have a reasonable argument in that the Apostles thought Christ was coming back in their lifetime. You do not. You're putting words in their mouths by claiming they thought the 'coming of the Lord' didn't mean the 'return of the Messiah'. And the destruction of Jerusalem would have been the coming of the Lord.
You don't think thats a stretch??
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421277 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how did I KNOW that I was saved. the answer is obvious, I felt the Blood of jesus as it cleansed my soul.
Howe did I know that I was filled with the Holy Ghost.
the answer again is easy to tell. my body could not hold any more water afer it came gushing out of my belly.
did i speak in other langiages. NOPE, NEVER DID, AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.
WHY WAS i BAPTISEED, BECAUSE THAT WAS GODS WILL IN MY SPIRITUAL WALK WITH HIM.
WHERE DO i FIND EXAMPLES? IN THE bIBLE. PEOPLE CALLED ON THE LORD AND WERE sAVED, THEN THEY WERE FILLED WITH THE hOLY GHOST AND AFTER THAT THEY WERE bAPTISED IN WATER. JUST LIKE ME.LOL.
MY HOLY GHOST EXPEIRENCE CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN SCRIPTURES. JOHN CHAPER 7 VERSES 37-39. READ THEM AND WEEP. MY CAMBELLITE "new friend" as robert f says.lol
James 2:14....

If faith saves by itself there would be no such thing as an unsaved believer. But, in John 12:37 many people did not believe although they had seen the signs. But then we read in John 12: 42-43, "Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God."

These people believed and had faith, but were they saved?

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421278 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>guess that you got caught in another lie,lol here is my post to this person and at no time did I indicate that he was a campbellite, but I did call mr saban a campbellite but he has already acknowledges that he belongs to the coc.when are you going to learn to rein in your hatred and get saved?
atemcowboy
Since: Jan 08
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#421178 3 hrs ago
Judged:
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get baptized? Great! Me too, about 14 years ago.
Here's a little book why baptism is needed..
• Baptism: Is It really Necessary?
http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht ...
ME;
yes, of course, I got Baptised. nine months and three days after I was Saved, and nine months and one day after I was baptised with the Holy Ghost.just to inform everyone, I believe that when a person gets saved they receive the Spirit of Christ, this is different than Being Baptised in the Holy Ghost.
NOT A WORD ABOUT ME CALLING HIM A CAMPBELLITE BUT I SURE KNEW THAT YOU WERE A SDA.LOL
Saban, Socci , LTM and Marge where discussing baptism as well as you and your statement to Marge was as follows. It was plural indicating more than one.

Comments (Page 20,307)

marge wrote:

John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

AtemCowboy wrote:

you cant tell these campbellites anything, they think that they know everything
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421279 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't believe LTM wrote that the thief did not receive a spiritual baptism with his salvation he said he did not need water baptism to be saved.
He was Baptized by and in the Holy Spirit and that is what matters.
To be obedient to the command of Jesus and have water Baptism is an outward demonstration of an inward baptism that has already occurred.
Water Baptism is declaring I HAVE BEEN Saved already.
If you die on the way to the water by a heart attack no worries its not needed the fact that you would if you could again is the conformation of the inside spiritual reality of salvation that has already taken place.
You don't have a water baptism to be or get saved you have a water baptism because you have already been saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit previous.
Let us not forget the confession of your faith that Jesus has become your LORD is also an outward sign of the new inward reality.
That's why infant water washing does not save because the infant cannot confess by their mouth of an inward spiritual change.
some thoughts
Your in Egypt now.Well I hope you are safe and with people who will not bring a swift end to your life.It seems that anywhere in hte Middle East is tricky business to say the least.

Your post is fine with me,you by the way nailed it right,BAPTISM in water follows the spiritual baptism which comes from repentance(accompanied with believing on the Lord,and that the Father has raised Him from the dead). Thank you for sharing that.LTM is a woman. I was basically telling her that to use the thief o n the cross as an arguement against the salvation reasoning for baptism is a mute point,as he cannot be a good example of someone who was saved without going through the waters of baptism.

I do not believe that if a person believes,and repents but does not get baptized is not saved.BUT really unless the person is in a wheelchair,or a paraplegic,or what ever maybe the physical challenge to prevent them from going into a body of water to be immersed for baptism, one should be baptized after conversion.

The fact that many people dread immersion for reasons of their ears being affected,or a fear of the water,or physical problems afterward,should allow for pouring water on the person's head,or sprinkling.It is the Baptism or burial that counts in obedience to the Lord's command.We must be sensitive to the physical and emotional problems people have in regards to water,and immersion,so common sense has to rule,and the person's heart and attitude is seen by Christ.In other words let's not be legalistic about baptism either.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421280 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church of Christ is a cult in every way imaginable. Its not the real "Church of Christ".
They have a catchy name that seems to imply something, but its just not factual.
Christ started a Church that referred to themselves as Catholic from AT LEAST as early as 110 AD
I agree it is a catchy name. Almost the only name Christ's church could have. Romans 16:16b - "All the churches of Christ send greetings." What year was this written?

Understand something... it was the religious that put Christ to death because he preached things with which they disagreed. Was he a cult leader? He was treated like one by those that would be considered "religious".

If you could show me how I worship in a manner that is unscriptural, or how I follow and teach unscriptural things,(I could easily list these with the Catholic church), I might be able to be convinced you are right.

So far, people are only calling me names (i.e. Cult, Campbellite etc.)
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421281 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
After the Bible was in place those "childish things" (I.e. miracles) were put away.
That's not to say miracles have ceased, but the INSTANT miracle ability of Jesus and the Apostles we read about throughout the NT does not happen now.
I had a Baptist minister and good friend explain a miracle that happened to him. After surgery to repair his shoulder he could raise his arm to a level the doctors said would never happen. Is this the type of miracle we are reading about in the NT? I don't believe so. If in the NT the surgery would've never been needed and the healing would've been from broken and disrepair to fixed in an instant.
Those miracles for confirmation were childish things that people had to see to understand what the people were preaching came straight from God. I serious student of the Bible shouldn't need those "childish things" now that we have the scriptures to guide us.
Jesus showed wonderful things He healed the blind, lepers, made the dumb to talk, deaf to hear, the lamb walk, and freed men of demons.
Jesus told these people 'YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WHOLE',
If our faith would surpass our human limitations, and we believed what Jesus said 'WE WOULD DO GREATER THINGS THEN THIS'.
People have been feed a watered down faith to make us believe, it was only as you said.

God is the same God to all generations, everything that was given from God to that generation is also for this generation.
If we can not believe that then we have bought into the same lie,
that it was only childish things that people had to see.
Yes we read about it and we should believe it happened just as the Bible says it did, so why can't we believe these same healings are still going on today.
We have limited God's ability's to work through us because we lack faith that He will.
God can not, nor will He move without faith .
Without faith we can not please God.
If you are a Bible student you must believe,
Philippians 4:12-13

12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.

In all things, our faith in God should stand. We are His workmanship.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421282 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Let me show you how I now you are dis-indigenous and sooner make up straw men then debate in good faith and Honor.
I never said Luther had any Authority to determine the Canon as I posted to you he affirmed 1600 years of Christian History and he shared the View of so many Greats even the Man that gave us the Vulgate, Luther Shared the same Belief as Jerome.
I do not believe the OT of the Jews but of Jesus.
for sake of time
from again http://carm.org/apocrypha-it-scripture
Jesus' references the Old Testament: from Abel to Zechariah
Jesus referenced the Jewish Old Testament canon from the beginning to the end and did not include the Apocrypha in his reference. "From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who perished between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation,’" (Luke 11:51).
"The traditional Jewish canon was divided into three sections (Law, Prophets, Writings), and an unusual feature of the last section was the listing of Chronicles out of historical order, placing it after Ezra-Nehemiah and making it the last book of the canon. In light of this, the words of Jesus in Luke 11:50-51 reflect the settled character of the Jewish canon (with its peculiar order) already in his day. Christ uses the expression "from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah," which appears troublesome since Zechariah was not chronologically the last martyr mentioned in the Bible (cf. Jer. 26:20-23). However, Zechariah is the last martyr of which we read in the Old Testament according to Jewish canonical order (cf. II Chron. 24:20-22), which was apparently recognized by Jesus and his hearers."1
This means that the same Old Testament canon, according to the Jewish tradition, is arranged differently than how we have it in the Protestant Bible today. This was the arrangement to which Jesus was referring when he referenced Abel and Zechariah, the first and last people to have their blood shed -- as listed in the Old Testament Jewish canon. Obviously, Jesus knew of the Apocrypha and was not including it in his reference.
Jesus references the Old Testament: The Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms
Catholics sometimes respond by saying that the Old Testament is referred to in three parts: the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings. It is these writings that are sometimes said to include the Apocrypha. But this designation is not found in the Bible. On the contrary, Jesus referenced the Old Testament and designated its three parts as the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms, not as the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings.
"Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled," (Luke 24:44).
So we see that the designation offered by the Roman Catholics is not the same designation found in the Bible and their argument is invalid as their argument is incorrect. Nevertheless, even if it did say "writings" it would not include the Apocrypha for the above-mentioned reasons.
Im going to let you think about that again. Because if you're assuming 'referenced' as in 'alluded too', but not quoted, then you will need to include the 7 books Luther removed.

Its my understanding that up until the 1st century, various Jewish sects had different canons of scripture. You'd agree with this, right?
The Jews didn't have a collective agreement on an official set of books until after Christianity started. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/biblical_canon

The 7 books removed by Luther are referenced by the early Christians. There is no skirting around it.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421283 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have met some wonderful Christians from the "Church of Christ",and I find that they are basically evangelical in their core beliefs.BTW,they have Communion every Sunday,which I find lacking in many other evangelical churches.

Nevertheless,I am opposed to legalism and that attitude of exclusion which is prevalent in that denomination.It is a divisive tool of Satan from the get go,when people herald their particular church and CLAIM that it is the only one Christ acknowledges and blesses,"The True Church".

There is a man I work with who is a Baptist,he and his wife both claim to be born-again,but she will never go to his baptist church,he has gone many times to her "Church of Christ". He tells me that he sees great people in that church,and he just feeds on the Word, which is there as well,but his wife is so legalistic that she will have absolutely nothing to do with the Baptist church he went to long before he met her.They now never attend one church together,and are divided spiritually,along with the fact that they do not even communicate together about spiritual things.He told me that he basically feels that she does not see him as a Christian at all,they never pray together,whatever.

"A house divided against itself will not stand(will fall)." People can on the surface look as though everything is ok,but it is staggering to find out how divided many people are over the things of God.SAD,SAD,SAD!!!

That proves to me in spite of the fact that all of Christianity is divided into many factions,Christ still is able to keep us together in H I M,He makes the difference. That couple could be strong in Christ even though they may not go to the same building to worship HIM,but they allowed their denominational differences divide them and unfortunately Christ is not their Source.

Looking to the organization or church institution to cement a unity in a marriage is a fatal attraction at best.But Christ unifies and brings a couple together in His love,than whatever church they attend,can be a haven of rest for their weary souls.The Church should be a Haven,a Lighthouse in a turbulent sea or ocean,for souls that Love and serve Christ.But often that is not the case.That is why we have so many different churches.Souls wearied by this world are seeking a safe harbor.

The Church has to be constantly challenged by the Spirit of God,it stands to become complacent if the Spirit is not active within its ranks.

Legalism is the most dangerous element in a church,because it destroys the filial love,and ultimately blocks the AGAPE love from ruling in the hearts of all within the church.Often when we see on TV or a movie those rigid religious people who cause more harm than good, it is a fact that many people who are in religious circles are rigid and cold,legalistic and self serving.

Churches that are based on legalistic and exclusive beliefs,may show love and concern to your face,but if you are just visiting and just want to share Christian love and testimony,their guard goes up.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421284 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus showed wonderful things He healed the blind, lepers, made the dumb to talk, deaf to hear, the lamb walk, and freed men of demons.
Jesus told these people 'YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WHOLE',
If our faith would surpass our human limitations, and we believed what Jesus said 'WE WOULD DO GREATER THINGS THEN THIS'.
People have been feed a watered down faith to make us believe, it was only as you said.
God is the same God to all generations, everything that was given from God to that generation is also for this generation.
If we can not believe that then we have bought into the same lie,
that it was only childish things that people had to see.
Yes we read about it and we should believe it happened just as the Bible says it did, so why can't we believe these same healings are still going on today.
We have limited God's ability's to work through us because we lack faith that He will.
God can not, nor will He move without faith .
Without faith we can not please God.
If you are a Bible student you must believe,
Philippians 4:12-13
12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.
In all things, our faith in God should stand. We are His workmanship.
Quoting from the following article that you should read:

"In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul argued that love is a more excellent attribute than miraculous gifts. After all, miraculous gifts (i.e., prophecy, tongue-speaking, supernatural knowledge, etc.) were going to fail, vanish, cease, and be done away (13:8). These gifts are identified in the text with the expression “in part”(13:9-10). The “in part,” or miraculous, would cease when the “perfect” had come. But to what does the “perfect” refer?"

"Paul offered a useful illustration to clarify his point. When the church possessed only small bits and pieces of God’s will, as revealed through scattered miraculous gifts and the gradual production, between approximately A.D. 57 and A.D. 95, of the written documents from the inspired writers of the New Testament, it could not achieve full spiritual maturity. It therefore was like a child (13:11). It lacked the necessary elements to reach spiritual adulthood. However, when the totality of God’s will, which became the New Testament, had been revealed, the church then had the means available to become “a man”(13:11). Once the church had access to all of God’s written Word, the means by which the Word was given (i.e., miraculous gifts) would be obsolete, useless, and therefore “put away”(13:11). Notice that Paul likened miracles to “childish things”(13:11). In other words, miracles were the spiritual equivalents of pacifiers that were necessary while the church was in a state of infancy. Since we now have access to “all truth”(John 16:13), the use of tongue-speaking and other miraculous enhancements in the church today would be comparable to an adult man or woman who continued to use a pacifier!"

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421285 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse the early Christians with modern day Evangelicals.
The Bible (to them) was the Hebrew books. Not the various letters and memoirs of The Apostles. Those did not yet become part of The Bible.
The Apostles were convinced Christ was coming back in their lifetime. They would never have thought to compile their writings into a Bible.
The Roman Catholic Church decided to do just that in the 4th and 5th century.
Roman Catholic Women Priests.......on the move in O-HI-O.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Religion/2013/02/1...

When christianity first started there were only a few, I am sure you don't laugh when you read about them.

25 years ago ZERO women interested in becoming catholic priests. Today, they are lining up! Yes we know the vatican is against equality of women to men, but change will come and one day you CLAY will also embrace it.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421286 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are wrong on this statment.
and an unsaved person would not get baptized.
every person that belongs to the campbellite churches are unsaved yet they have been baptised, that is the false doctrine that they follow. they are every much as lost as the jw's.
however you will find that in the majority they are a much better class of people
Preston, I am not not familar with the different churches,
as you are. So many different teachings no wonder people get confused.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421287 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it is a catchy name. Almost the only name Christ's church could have. Romans 16:16b - "All the churches of Christ send greetings." What year was this written?
Understand something... it was the religious that put Christ to death because he preached things with which they disagreed. Was he a cult leader? He was treated like one by those that would be considered "religious".
If you could show me how I worship in a manner that is unscriptural, or how I follow and teach unscriptural things,(I could easily list these with the Catholic church), I might be able to be convinced you are right.
So far, people are only calling me names (i.e. Cult, Campbellite etc.)
I don't mean to insult you by implying you're a member of a cult.
I don't have any doubt that you are a good person and trying to be the best Christian possible.

"If you can show me how I worship in a manner that is unscriptural, or how I follow and teach unscriptural things....."

By following the scripture alone, you are worshiping in a manner that is unscriptural. If you teach that everything about Christianity should be found in the Bible, that would be unscriptural"

As I stated a few posts above: The New Testament wasn't written in the yrs following Jesus Christ. Some writings weren't put down until 40-50 yrs after.
The earliest known book is from the Apostle Paul (Galatians or 1thess) written around 50 AD... www.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_testament

The Church functioned by Baptizing, Confession and the Holy Eucharist. The Holy Mass is talked about by Paul in 1Cor 11:23
"For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed took bread..."

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421288 Feb 10, 2013
BAPTISM FROM THE

OLD TESTAMENT PERIOD TO THE END OF TIMES

Baptism of the EARTH AND MAN

Cleansed with water and purged with fire in order to create a New Heaven and New Earth.
The same concept with man the putting off of the old man and leading to a New Creature in Christ.

http://cgca.net/coglinks/origin/HistoryofBapt...
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#421289 Feb 10, 2013
"Vatican official thanks media for exposing sex scandal"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-213...

LMAO... Not so long ago, the supposed "ONLY TRUE GUIDED CHURCH" was claiming their sin was a "media invention."

The RCC official goes on to say....

"They [the media] helped to keep the energy, if you will, to keep the movement going so that we would, honestly and with transparency, and with our strength, confront what is true,"

If Jesus were truly guiding this institution --- they would NOT need decades of media reports and police raids to "confront what is true."

This shameful excuse of a church/state is 100% BUSTED.

Again.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421290 Feb 10, 2013
Women catholic priests website.

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/ordained...

----------

Priests forming a UNION.....wanting a voice!!

http://www.uscatholicpriests.org/...

http://istandwiththesisters.org/new-priests-o...

I am sure the powers to be in the vatican don't like this one bit, but deceased ROMAN CATHOLIC CARDINAL MARTINI stated the church is 200 years behind the times and change is NEEDED! to hold the whole thing together.

So refreshing to read what Cardinal Martini stated. I wonder how many more cardinals in the vatican feel that way.

BIG CHANGES are coming....the followers will demand it.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421291 Feb 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have met some wonderful Christians from the "Church of Christ",and I find that they are basically evangelical in their core beliefs.BTW,they have Communion every Sunday,which I find lacking in many other evangelical churches.
Nevertheless,I am opposed to legalism and that attitude of exclusion which is prevalent in that denomination.It is a divisive tool of Satan from the get go,when people herald their particular church and CLAIM that it is the only one Christ acknowledges and blesses,"The True Church".
There is a man I work with who is a Baptist,he and his wife both claim to be born-again,but she will never go to his baptist church,he has gone many times to her "Church of Christ". He tells me that he sees great people in that church,and he just feeds on the Word, which is there as well,but his wife is so legalistic that she will have absolutely nothing to do with the Baptist church he went to long before he met her.They now never attend one church together,and are divided spiritually,along with the fact that they do not even communicate together about spiritual things.He told me that he basically feels that she does not see him as a Christian at all,they never pray together,whatever.
"A house divided against itself will not stand(will fall)." People can on the surface look as though everything is ok,but it is staggering to find out how divided many people are over the things of God.SAD,SAD,SAD!!!
That proves to me in spite of the fact that all of Christianity is divided into many factions,Christ still is able to keep us together in H I M,He makes the difference. That couple could be strong in Christ even though they may not go to the same building to worship HIM,but they allowed their denominational differences divide them and unfortunately Christ is not their Source.
Looking to the organization or church institution to cement a unity in a marriage is a fatal attraction at best.But Christ unifies and brings a couple together in His love,than whatever church they attend,can be a haven of rest for their weary souls.The Church should be a Haven,a Lighthouse in a turbulent sea or ocean,for souls that Love and serve Christ.But often that is not the case.That is why we have so many different churches.Souls wearied by this world are seeking a safe harbor.
The Church has to be constantly challenged by the Spirit of God,it stands to become complacent if the Spirit is not active within its ranks.
Legalism is the most dangerous element in a church,because it destroys the filial love,and ultimately blocks the AGAPE love from ruling in the hearts of all within the church.Often when we see on TV or a movie those rigid religious people who cause more harm than good, it is a fact that many people who are in religious circles are rigid and cold,legalistic and self serving.
Churches that are based on legalistic and exclusive beliefs,may show love and concern to your face,but if you are just visiting and just want to share Christian love and testimony,their guard goes up.
1 Corinthians 7:14

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Ezra 9:2 They have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and their sons, and have mingled the holy race with the peoples around them. And the leaders and officials have led the way in this unfaithfulness."

Malachi 2:15 Has not [the LORD] made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.
----------
1 Corinthians 7:13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
New International Version
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421292 Feb 10, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
"Vatican official thanks media for exposing sex scandal"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-213...
LMAO... Not so long ago, the supposed "ONLY TRUE GUIDED CHURCH" was claiming their sin was a "media invention."
The RCC official goes on to say....
"They [the media] helped to keep the energy, if you will, to keep the movement going so that we would, honestly and with transparency, and with our strength, confront what is true,"
If Jesus were truly guiding this institution --- they would NOT need decades of media reports and police raids to "confront what is true."
This shameful excuse of a church/state is 100% BUSTED.
Again.
UNBELIEVABLE! What a difference 2 years makes.

ANTHONY,(sister) REGINA.M., CLAY, HOJO, CATHOLIC MOM, FUNFACTS and other catholics over the past few years slammed the MEDIA and us for exposing the sins of the church leaders.

Now the church is THANKING us and the media for exposing the evils that lurked.

Our work is never over, and I am sure apologies from ANTHONY, sister REGINA.M and others will be forthcoming.

The right thing to do. Be TRUTHFUL.

More good journalism from RCC SUPERIORITY so BUSTED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web