Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,704
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#421256 Feb 10, 2013
devil have short time devil want everything do on short
is that your Redeemer or salvation

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
evil upon evil
curse upon curse
liars upon liars
liar from beginning

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421257 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Peter instruct the people at Pentecost to be baptised for the remission of sins when they asked what they should do to be saved? You make a strong statement in your second sentance but you do not give the chapter and verse. I give you Acts 2:38. What do you give me?
Does what the ible says matter to your doctorine?
lol. for some reason, you left out the [key] word which is repent.

and all the way thru the Bible, THE ONLY WAY TO BE FORGIVEN BY GOD IS THRU REPENTANCE, NO OTHER WAY.

DID DAVID SEEK TO BE BAPTISED BY WATER WHEN HE SINNED, OF COURSE NOT ,SO DONT BE SO STUPID.here is what happened to help you out.

Then David said to Nathan,“I have sinned against the Lord.”

Nathan replied,“The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die.

David acknowledged that he had sinned and that sin was against God and His laws, and he repented. and nathan told him that he was forgiven. men of God seem to know things like that.lol

seems like we get these campbellites every few years or so. glad Hank quit bringing his doctrine to this forum and sticks with just the Bible on other issues.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421258 Feb 10, 2013
ujoli satano za svojim poslom natrag

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421259 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The short of it Saban we are saved by faith not of works less anyone should boost.
Nothing we do even getting baptized in water saves us.
It is a works we do, we are saved by the works of Jesus Christ, on the cross for the remission of our sins
If we could save our selfs by being baptized in water Jesus would not have had to die on the cross.
When does a person repent?? an unsaved person won't repent and an unsaved person would not get baptized.
Repent and be baptized for the remission of sin , Remission is used to translate the Greek word of the Scriptures, pronounced af-es-is, which means freedom, particularly after a pardon.
repentance and remission of sins"
The remission of sins is made possible only by and through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
Peter preached repentance for the remission of sins:
"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38 KJV)
you are wrong on this statment.

and an unsaved person would not get baptized.

every person that belongs to the campbellite churches are unsaved yet they have been baptised, that is the false doctrine that they follow. they are every much as lost as the jw's.

however you will find that in the majority they are a much better class of people
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421260 Feb 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>LTM,using the line that the thief on the cross did not need baptism for salvation,is a mute point,he could not have come down off of that cross to receive water baptism.He was facing execution or dying on that cross,his legs were later broken to ensure his death. Hardly a time or place for the poor man to be baptized.
Baptism is part of the process of repentance as it were.When one repents they are seeking Christ's only remedy for salvation,HIMSELF(crucified,sh ed blood,dying,and RESSURECTION). Baptism is the physical response in believing that Christ died for our sins,as we go down into the water in BURIAL.It is ludicrous that any believer who is able to be baptized that they should not follow through after repentance,or a time given for such.
The B i b l e baptism in water is truly what we need to complete as it were that command of Christ to be born of the water and the Spirit.Water-Baptism,Spirit-Re pentance,and Conversion. Just because Jesus said the water first does not mean we should be baptized as infants.The Book of ACTS always describes the believers as believing,repenting and being baptized for the remission of sins.
Infant baptism in the light of the Scriptures as stated in the Book of Acts of the Apostles is like putting the cart before the horse.
I don't believe LTM wrote that the thief did not receive a spiritual baptism with his salvation he said he did not need water baptism to be saved.

He was Baptized by and in the Holy Spirit and that is what matters.

To be obedient to the command of Jesus and have water Baptism is an outward demonstration of an inward baptism that has already occurred.

Water Baptism is declaring I HAVE BEEN Saved already.

If you die on the way to the water by a heart attack no worries its not needed the fact that you would if you could again is the conformation of the inside spiritual reality of salvation that has already taken place.

You don't have a water baptism to be or get saved you have a water baptism because you have already been saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit previous.

Let us not forget the confession of your faith that Jesus has become your LORD is also an outward sign of the new inward reality.

That's why infant water washing does not save because the infant cannot confess by their mouth of an inward spiritual change.

some thoughts
truth

Perth, Australia

#421261 Feb 10, 2013
natrag ajde tamo gdje gartan trava raste
natrag=gartan
who first descover america if apeache ape is already there
apeache=ehcaepa=nek se cepha nek se chepa nek se tarre tara tare terror terra seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

vaspuchi colombo chine who
http://www.google.com.au/search...
Barry Bali

Denpasar, Indonesia

#421262 Feb 10, 2013
The roman catholic church is a secretive and powerful cult, centrally managed by an all male
executive and has far too bloody much to say for itself. When the revolution comes, after we've killed all the lawyers we will kill all the RC priests and that will be a good start.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421263 Feb 10, 2013
nemoj biti brezobrazan=shame of you

see
25 3
7 december 41=pearl harbour
7 2+5=7 12 1+2=3
25 3
nemoj biti brezobrazan

vidis li taj symbol what soldier have as sun

now

its only one

3x heaven 3x sun=nemoj kazat=don't tell
neko ima mapu i kodove
truth

Perth, Australia

#421264 Feb 10, 2013
natrag=gartan
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04136a.htm
nemoj biti bezobrazan
and
nemoj kazat
what two deference meaning
truth

Perth, Australia

#421265 Feb 10, 2013
brezobrazan=nazarbozerb
a e i o u
bcdfghjklmnpqrtsvwxyz

they attacking me front of my house set up accident with car..did i need died front of my hose as well accuse falseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

did i have excess for my rights hospital justice and so on
noooooooooooooooooo

justice is not justiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#421266 Feb 10, 2013
pitaj u bolnici i drugim mjestima pitaj lazota koji se kunu i pisu krivo ajde pitaj tih svetaca koliko su pravedni..
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421267 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right the man was under the law, John was baptised in his mothers womb when Mary went to see her. He was not baptised with water , but the Holy Spirit.
Baptismal regeneration is the belief that a person must be baptized in order to be saved. baptism is an important step of obedience for a Christian, but we adamantly reject baptism as being required for salvation. We strongly believe that each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-4 declares,“Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.
Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say we must be baptized in order to be saved is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' payment for our sins is appropriated to our “account” by faith alone (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.
gotquestions.ca
I still haven't been shown where my submission to baptism was a work. Why wouldn't faith be a "work"? You have to do something to have faith (hear and believe). To learn Covey's 7 Habits I would have to read and study his work - is this not work for me?

Romans 6:3-4 does a great job of showing what happens during baptism. We die to sin and we're buried. Our old life is in the grave. Just as Christ was raised from the grave leaving our sins behind, we are raised to walk in newness of life as new creatures, members of his body, "in" him, and members of His Kingdom or church.

Was Noah saved by Grace?
Was Noah saved by faith alone?
Was Noah saved by works?

God had given the Children of Israel the victory, but they had to have obedient faith to attain it. They had to go through the water (Red Sea-which is a great symbol of Jesus blood and baptism that would come later)

We have no issue with Verses like John 3:16. They're true! If we believe we will be saved - because if we believe we will (as Noah did) do as we're instructed to do.(Acts 2:38).

We are not justified by faith alone.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421268 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is faith Saban Fan , to believe God .
John 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
Our faith or lack of it prevents us from doing what the apostles did in the name of Jesus.
People believe that the apostles who were with Jesus were the only ones who had these gifts that is not true.
If people believe that then they have no reason to believe that God answers prayers today either.
cont
After the Bible was in place those "childish things" (I.e. miracles) were put away.

That's not to say miracles have ceased, but the INSTANT miracle ability of Jesus and the Apostles we read about throughout the NT does not happen now.

I had a Baptist minister and good friend explain a miracle that happened to him. After surgery to repair his shoulder he could raise his arm to a level the doctors said would never happen. Is this the type of miracle we are reading about in the NT? I don't believe so. If in the NT the surgery would've never been needed and the healing would've been from broken and disrepair to fixed in an instant.

Those miracles for confirmation were childish things that people had to see to understand what the people were preaching came straight from God. I serious student of the Bible shouldn't need those "childish things" now that we have the scriptures to guide us.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421269 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>most of the Apostles were already baptised by John, more than likely.
and where you are getting "tongues of fire" came down on them,that is not Biblical, so that means you are lying for some reason, what is it?
John chapter 20:22
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
you are a newbie but you better know more than lies to tell us. we been over this road many times with campbellites, you people come and you dont stay long after being exposed. guest(the sda) stays because he is filled with hatred.
Acts 2:3...Maybe I didn't describe it exactly right hoping the reader would understand what I meant.
Did this to 'tongue thing' happen to you?

You are right that I will not stay long. Biblically, we're just supposed to spread the Gospel and 'shake the dust off our sandals' as we move on. We're not supposed to cast pearls to swine.

You call me a Campbellite but I refer to myself as Christian. Campbellite is not Biblical and is offensive -- and I think you know that.

The Church of Christ existed LONG before Campbell. And long before the Catholic Church to as a matter of fact.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421271 Feb 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Because water baptism is a picture of Holy Spirit Baptism, a teaching tool about a new birth in Christ Jesus, by getting water baptized Paul was showing he believed in and received Jesus as his Saviour.
I understand what you aretrying to say and I understand your doctorine What I havent hearyet is the answer to my question. The forgiveness of sins is very important. Isn't that when we are saved, when our sins are forgiven?

So, I ask again --
The question was:
Exactly what about this verse
Acts 22:16
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’
would lead one to believe that Paul's sins were forgiven before his baptism?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421272 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The short of it Saban we are saved by faith not of works less anyone should boost.
Nothing we do even getting baptized in water saves us.
It is a works we do, we are saved by the works of Jesus Christ, on the cross for the remission of our sins
If we could save our selfs by being baptized in water Jesus would not have had to die on the cross.
When does a person repent?? an unsaved person won't repent and an unsaved person would not get baptized.
Repent and be baptized for the remission of sin , Remission is used to translate the Greek word of the Scriptures, pronounced af-es-is, which means freedom, particularly after a pardon.
repentance and remission of sins"
The remission of sins is made possible only by and through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
Peter preached repentance for the remission of sins:
"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38 KJV)
Have I ever said we could save ourselves through baptism? That is a strawman argument. We're it not for God's grace no one could be saved - we agree on that point.

Was Noah saved by God's grace?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421273 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:3...Maybe I didn't describe it exactly right hoping the reader would understand what I meant.
Did this to 'tongue thing' happen to you?
You are right that I will not stay long. Biblically, we're just supposed to spread the Gospel and 'shake the dust off our sandals' as we move on. We're not supposed to cast pearls to swine.
You call me a Campbellite but I refer to myself as Christian. Campbellite is not Biblical and is offensive -- and I think you know that.
The Church of Christ existed LONG before Campbell. And long before the Catholic Church to as a matter of fact.
The Church of Christ is a cult in every way imaginable. Its not the real "Church of Christ".
They have a catchy name that seems to imply something, but its just not factual.
Christ started a Church that referred to themselves as Catholic from AT LEAST as early as 110 AD
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421275 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how did I KNOW that I was saved. the answer is obvious, I felt the Blood of jesus as it cleansed my soul.
Howe did I know that I was filled with the Holy Ghost.
the answer again is easy to tell. my body could not hold any more water afer it came gushing out of my belly.
did i speak in other langiages. NOPE, NEVER DID, AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.
WHY WAS i BAPTISEED, BECAUSE THAT WAS GODS WILL IN MY SPIRITUAL WALK WITH HIM.
WHERE DO i FIND EXAMPLES? IN THE bIBLE. PEOPLE CALLED ON THE LORD AND WERE sAVED, THEN THEY WERE FILLED WITH THE hOLY GHOST AND AFTER THAT THEY WERE bAPTISED IN WATER. JUST LIKE ME.LOL.
MY HOLY GHOST EXPEIRENCE CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN SCRIPTURES. JOHN CHAPER 7 VERSES 37-39. READ THEM AND WEEP. MY CAMBELLITE "new friend" as robert f says.lol
How did people "call on the Lord"? Is it the "sinner's Prayer" which is found nowhere in your Bible? Do you have scriptural examples for calling on the name of the Lord?

The only one's I can think of were at Pentecost and with Paul. At Pentecost in Acts 2:21 Peter tells the crowd "and it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" later they ask Peter in Acts 37 "What shall we do?" Peter proceeds to tell them how to "call upon the name of the Lord" in Acts 2:38. This is exactly the "calling on his name" we read about in Acts 22:16 in the case of Paul - "And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421276 Feb 10, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Man made RCC argument is quite flawed.
If we are to carry your man made logic to its logical conclusion they never would of wrote anything down if they thought Jesus was coming back (second coming) in there life time. But there is no Biblical or early Church evidence to believe that they did believe the second coming was going to happen in their life times.
YOU see unlike you the Apostles Knew the OT inside and out.
They knew Apocalyptic writings sayings when they read or heard them.
You see the NT and the Apostles taught of the Coming of the Lord and the Second coming of the Messsiah.
If you knew the difference you would not make the error you just posted.
They believed the Coming of the Lord was imminent as Jesus taught in Matt 23 and John in Revelation.
AS in the OT the coming of the LORD was God's wrath and Judgement and it came in their generation in 70 AD when Israel was sacked and God allowed the Romans to lay Siege to Jerusalem for 3 !/2 years and when it was finished not one stone of the temple stood on another.
The coming of the Lord and the Second Coming are two different events, back to bible school for Clay.
You would do well to stop spewing your indoctrination brain washed teachings of the RCC now and go study the Bible.
Truth Matters
lol, don't talk to me about 'man made RCC argument'! Your whole theology is base on a couple dudes in the 16th century.*Especially* the false teaching of Sola Scriptura.

Anyway, as you know, the New Testament wasn't written in the yrs following Christ. Some writings were not put down until 40-50 yrs after Christ died. That's quite a long time for a Church to function with no writings!
That throws your whole 'Bible Alone' teaching in the toilet.

I have a reasonable argument in that the Apostles thought Christ was coming back in their lifetime. You do not. You're putting words in their mouths by claiming they thought the 'coming of the Lord' didn't mean the 'return of the Messiah'. And the destruction of Jerusalem would have been the coming of the Lord.
You don't think thats a stretch??
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421277 Feb 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how did I KNOW that I was saved. the answer is obvious, I felt the Blood of jesus as it cleansed my soul.
Howe did I know that I was filled with the Holy Ghost.
the answer again is easy to tell. my body could not hold any more water afer it came gushing out of my belly.
did i speak in other langiages. NOPE, NEVER DID, AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.
WHY WAS i BAPTISEED, BECAUSE THAT WAS GODS WILL IN MY SPIRITUAL WALK WITH HIM.
WHERE DO i FIND EXAMPLES? IN THE bIBLE. PEOPLE CALLED ON THE LORD AND WERE sAVED, THEN THEY WERE FILLED WITH THE hOLY GHOST AND AFTER THAT THEY WERE bAPTISED IN WATER. JUST LIKE ME.LOL.
MY HOLY GHOST EXPEIRENCE CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN SCRIPTURES. JOHN CHAPER 7 VERSES 37-39. READ THEM AND WEEP. MY CAMBELLITE "new friend" as robert f says.lol
James 2:14....

If faith saves by itself there would be no such thing as an unsaved believer. But, in John 12:37 many people did not believe although they had seen the signs. But then we read in John 12: 42-43, "Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God."

These people believed and had faith, but were they saved?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,536
Pope pushes back at creationists 8 hr SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 17 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Atheist Silurist 23
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Oct 21 Serkan Turkbayram 6

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE