Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,769
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#421240 Feb 9, 2013
now you liked eat me..don't you
smuch smach smech smich shmoc smuch
s much
s=c co 13
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
$ much=how much
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421241 Feb 9, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Article says:
Suppose you could survey the people who live in the hundred homes nearest to your own house on the subject of Christian baptism. What kind of answer would you get in response to this question: "How should a person be baptized in order to meet the Bible requirements of salvation?"
It is likely that you would get a dozen different answers, and possibly even a hundred. Some would say that they don't believe it is necessary to be baptized at all to be saved. Others would answer that true baptism is to go forward three times completely under the water. Some would contend that a few drops of sprinkled water on the head would constitute a valid baptism, while others would insist on pouring the water over the candidate. A few would strongly hold that a proper baptism consists of a single immersion backwards into the water.
Somehow the subject of baptism has spawned a plethora of ideas on how it should be administered, and to whom. Yet, all believe that their method is based on the one book of authority - the Bible. How could this confusion of conviction result from reading the same book?"
Then Joe Schmo gives his infallible opinion. lol Protestants are all over the place and here is another with the real deal. It never ends with them. The Spam from LTM who presents her infallible author from gotquestions It never ends with Protestants each with their own personal truth.
And the epitome of a distorted view of baptism is Infant baptism plain and simple.It is ridiculous,and it serves no purpose to sprinkle water on the head of an infant as in an initiation.Baptism is NOT an initiation,it is what believers do after repentance.READ the Bible,Oh I forgot Dust Storm,Tradition comes first doesn't it?
truth

Perth, Australia

#421242 Feb 9, 2013
envy lust pride is not love
you judge me as envy sloth as pride as evil
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421243 Feb 9, 2013
truth wrote:
http://www.google.com.au/searc h?q=jesus+christ+wounds&hl =en&tbo=d&source=lnms &tbm=isch&sa=X&ei= 8goXUeDuN5CkiQeqmYDoCQ&ved =0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1472& bih=705#imgrc=gK3QpLAPq4FKhM%3 A%3BG9d-rvKvwF1WiM%3Bhttp%253A %252F%252Fwww.rosaryandchaplet s.com%252Fchaplets%252Fseven_w ounds.jpeg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%25 2Fwww.rosaryandchaplets.com%25 2Fchaplets%252Fseven_wounds_pr ayer.html%3B318%3B594
pray for pad..he or she don't liked rosary
http://www.google.com.au/search...
Did you pray mum..please mum don't tell anyone..he not pray no..but god know why he left over him..mum did you pray..yes mum pray.
Thank you for your prayers,even if they are wrong or misguided,they are heard,and the Lord is able to sort out what is true,and heart felt.Bless your heart truth.I find no reason to start praying the rosary,after the experiences I have had in the Lord,it is clear to me that to recite the rosary is for those who believe that Mary is the mediatrix between Jesus and human kind.

It would be wrong for me to pray the rosary,because I would be a hypocrite if I did,since praying to Mary is not part of my prayer life.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421244 Feb 9, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you were saved?
How do you know you were filled with the Holy Ghost? Did you begin speaking in languages you'd never learned?
Why were you baptized?
Where do you find examples in scripture of conversions that happened in the same sequence as yours?
how did I KNOW that I was saved. the answer is obvious, I felt the Blood of jesus as it cleansed my soul.

Howe did I know that I was filled with the Holy Ghost.
the answer again is easy to tell. my body could not hold any more water afer it came gushing out of my belly.
did i speak in other langiages. NOPE, NEVER DID, AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.

WHY WAS i BAPTISEED, BECAUSE THAT WAS GODS WILL IN MY SPIRITUAL WALK WITH HIM.

WHERE DO i FIND EXAMPLES? IN THE bIBLE. PEOPLE CALLED ON THE LORD AND WERE sAVED, THEN THEY WERE FILLED WITH THE hOLY GHOST AND AFTER THAT THEY WERE bAPTISED IN WATER. JUST LIKE ME.LOL.

MY HOLY GHOST EXPEIRENCE CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN SCRIPTURES. JOHN CHAPER 7 VERSES 37-39. READ THEM AND WEEP. MY CAMBELLITE "new friend" as robert f says.lol
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421245 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation came from God by Grace it was a gift,
A works is something we do like getting baptized in water.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit is something God does to us, that is what equips us to do the works God has predestined before time.
If water baptism saved us , the man on the cross wouldn't have gone to Heaven with Jesus .
Jesus would not make an exception for anyone, the theif on the cross eyes were opened, He said to Jesus remember me when you come into your Kingdom He believe Jesus was the savior of his soul.
Jesus said you will be with me in Paradise this day.
He was baptised by the Holy Spirit to beable to have the truth in His heart.
Jesus said that to Peter , who do you say I am Peter stated you are the son of the true living God.
Jesus told Peter only the Holy Spirit could reveal that truth to him.
ON the Spirit of Truth Jesus is building His Spirit filled Spirit Lead Holy Church.
One soul at a time, Jesus isn't through building when He is He will come again.
LTM,using the line that the thief on the cross did not need baptism for salvation,is a mute point,he could not have come down off of that cross to receive water baptism.He was facing execution or dying on that cross,his legs were later broken to ensure his death. Hardly a time or place for the poor man to be baptized.

Baptism is part of the process of repentance as it were.When one repents they are seeking Christ's only remedy for salvation,HIMSELF(crucified,sh ed blood,dying,and RESSURECTION). Baptism is the physical response in believing that Christ died for our sins,as we go down into the water in BURIAL.It is ludicrous that any believer who is able to be baptized that they should not follow through after repentance,or a time given for such.

The B i b l e baptism in water is truly what we need to complete as it were that command of Christ to be born of the water and the Spirit.Water-Baptism,Spirit-Re pentance,and Conversion. Just because Jesus said the water first does not mean we should be baptized as infants.The Book of ACTS always describes the believers as believing,repenting and being baptized for the remission of sins.

Infant baptism in the light of the Scriptures as stated in the Book of Acts of the Apostles is like putting the cart before the horse.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421246 Feb 10, 2013
truth wrote:
Who is light Paul or Jesus?
Naturally JESUS.The fact that the Apostle Paul is quoted so much,is that he authored a big part of the New Testament with his epistles. Are we to disregard what he says? NO.Paul had an insight into the things of God because the Lord gave that gift to him.Why did the early church place so many of Paul's epistles in the Bible?
truth

Perth, Australia

#421247 Feb 10, 2013
why you seek satanic kingdom..

Rosary will help you
who posses kingdom..

Someone who fall down
possessors as well deceivers
are not CREATOR.

How many Lords or God exist Pad?

Are you Creator Pad?

Did you fill shame say yes if are you not?

Could you forgive to child which belong to real God Creator or you judge and rest accuse as well abuse rights on life.
Did Lord do that?

If you not Creator did you fill shame yes i am?!

Location hidden

#421248 Feb 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Amen
John Baptizes Jesus
13Then came Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized by him.
14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized by you, and come you to me?
15And Jesus answering said unto him, Permit it to be so now:........(for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.......... Then he permitted him.
16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up immediately out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
I guess AtemCowboy lied again saying he knows your a Cambellite of course this is way of implying God revealed it to him.
guess that you got caught in another lie,lol here is my post to this person and at no time did I indicate that he was a campbellite, but I did call mr saban a campbellite but he has already acknowledges that he belongs to the coc.when are you going to learn to rein in your hatred and get saved?

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#421178 3 hrs ago
Judged:
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get baptized? Great! Me too, about 14 years ago.
Here's a little book why baptism is needed..
• Baptism: Is It really Necessary?
http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht ...

ME;

yes, of course, I got Baptised. nine months and three days after I was Saved, and nine months and one day after I was baptised with the Holy Ghost.just to inform everyone, I believe that when a person gets saved they receive the Spirit of Christ, this is different than Being Baptised in the Holy Ghost.

NOT A WORD ABOUT ME CALLING HIM A CAMPBELLITE BUT I SURE KNEW THAT YOU WERE A SDA.LOL
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421249 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse the early Christians with modern day Evangelicals.
The Bible (to them) was the Hebrew books. Not the various letters and memoirs of The Apostles. Those did not yet become part of The Bible.
The Apostles were convinced Christ was coming back in their lifetime. They would never have thought to compile their writings into a Bible.
The Roman Catholic Church decided to do just that in the 4th and 5th century.
Thank God the Bible was compiled,if it was not,we would still be seeing souls crawling on their knees bloodied and torn,hoping that God would forgive them of their sins.Luther was appauled when he went to Rome and saw the poor being mortified in order to gain favor with God.In Luther's time the RCC sold indulgenses that varied in payment with who could afford such and such to gain a good spot in heaven.The Bible must have been written in books or scrolls,as Luther and other priests knew the New Testament.

Why is it that after the first century so much that is not in the Bible was practised,including mortification for sin and appeasement,the belief that if you wear such and such your time in purgatory will be short.If you say the rosary often or daily,Mary will answer your prayers,"devotion to our Lady,"which basically is not Scriptural. So much we cannot even touch the surface.It goes on and on,BUT we know for a fact that only Jesus saves by His precious Blood,and that in Christ we have our being.

I tremble at the thought of what would have happened if people like Luther did not confront the heresy purpetrated by the Papacy in his day.It seems to me God in Christ decided that enough was enough,His death and Resurrrection was not in vain.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#421250 Feb 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
One of the greatest benefits afforded to every Christian is the privilege of answered prayers. In the Bible, Jesus made this tremendous promise,“And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive”(Matt 21:22). However, despite the Lord’s willingness to answer prayer, it is obvious that some prayers have gone unanswered.
Why is this? The following are the most common reasons why some prayers do not get results:
1. Lack of Fellowship with God and His word
2. Not seeking to Please the Lord
3. Unconfessed Sin in One’s Life
4. Improper Motives
5. Not asking in God’s will
6. Don’t know how to pray
7. Lack of Faith
8. Misunderstanding of Faith
9. Wavering faith
10. Failure to apply spiritual Authority
11. Lack of Perseverance
Powerful,truth,undeniably frank.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421251 Feb 10, 2013
when devil know time is short..a yes you want square everything in short time..did you..read better.
devil have short time..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Location hidden

#421252 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles were baptized in a manner unlike the "one" baptism Paul speaks of in Eph. 4. It should be obvious that after the tongues as of fire came down upon them they could do things that you and I could not do after our baptism. They were the foundation and they needed to be able to work wonders to prove their message was from God so people would believe what they said. Today we have the Word which should be sufficient. Remember they "put away childish things" (i.e. miracle working).
most of the Apostles were already baptised by John, more than likely.

and where you are getting "tongues of fire" came down on them,that is not Biblical, so that means you are lying for some reason, what is it?

John chapter 20:22

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

you are a newbie but you better know more than lies to tell us. we been over this road many times with campbellites, you people come and you dont stay long after being exposed. guest(the sda) stays because he is filled with hatred.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421253 Feb 10, 2013
we know who first come
is that your Creator..nooooooooooooooooo
10 years ago i need be killed and still day by day night by night some wicket satanic eyes..see

i am still alive corupt evil people don't have mercy..never will be lust sloth envy not going so easy from them nooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#421254 Feb 10, 2013
Is that your Redeemer where who is in sleep waiting resurrection?
noooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#421255 Feb 10, 2013
you not honor me its lips not even love me

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#421256 Feb 10, 2013
devil have short time devil want everything do on short
is that your Redeemer or salvation

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
evil upon evil
curse upon curse
liars upon liars
liar from beginning

Location hidden

#421257 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Peter instruct the people at Pentecost to be baptised for the remission of sins when they asked what they should do to be saved? You make a strong statement in your second sentance but you do not give the chapter and verse. I give you Acts 2:38. What do you give me?
Does what the ible says matter to your doctorine?
lol. for some reason, you left out the [key] word which is repent.

and all the way thru the Bible, THE ONLY WAY TO BE FORGIVEN BY GOD IS THRU REPENTANCE, NO OTHER WAY.

DID DAVID SEEK TO BE BAPTISED BY WATER WHEN HE SINNED, OF COURSE NOT ,SO DONT BE SO STUPID.here is what happened to help you out.

Then David said to Nathan,“I have sinned against the Lord.”

Nathan replied,“The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die.

David acknowledged that he had sinned and that sin was against God and His laws, and he repented. and nathan told him that he was forgiven. men of God seem to know things like that.lol

seems like we get these campbellites every few years or so. glad Hank quit bringing his doctrine to this forum and sticks with just the Bible on other issues.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421258 Feb 10, 2013
ujoli satano za svojim poslom natrag

Location hidden

#421259 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The short of it Saban we are saved by faith not of works less anyone should boost.
Nothing we do even getting baptized in water saves us.
It is a works we do, we are saved by the works of Jesus Christ, on the cross for the remission of our sins
If we could save our selfs by being baptized in water Jesus would not have had to die on the cross.
When does a person repent?? an unsaved person won't repent and an unsaved person would not get baptized.
Repent and be baptized for the remission of sin , Remission is used to translate the Greek word of the Scriptures, pronounced af-es-is, which means freedom, particularly after a pardon.
repentance and remission of sins"
The remission of sins is made possible only by and through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
Peter preached repentance for the remission of sins:
"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38 KJV)
you are wrong on this statment.

and an unsaved person would not get baptized.

every person that belongs to the campbellite churches are unsaved yet they have been baptised, that is the false doctrine that they follow. they are every much as lost as the jw's.

however you will find that in the majority they are a much better class of people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Jaimie 83,900
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... 12 hr John 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Mr Sir 8,699
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Sun Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Sun Doc Proper 12
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web