Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,296)

Showing posts 405,901 - 405,920 of532,261
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"you make allot of presumptions in your post that are flat out false"
Oh? The last and most severe persecution of Christians happened 10 yrs before the Edict of Milan legalized Christianity.
Emperor Diocletian on February 23, 303 AD, ordered the newly built Christian Church at Nicodemia be destroyed, and its scriptures burned. The next day (February 24th) he issued an edict ordering the destruction of all Christian scriptures, Liturgical books and places of worship across the entire Roman Empire.
Wikipedia.org/wiki/diocletian_persecution
So lets see.... Christian scriptures were probably important to the faithful in 303 AD. No? It could have been in a real sense, part of their Bible. No?
The conspiracy Christian will make themselves believe that the books that did survive, were all that God wanted - so He could later reveal its meanings to the Evangelicals 1500 yrs later I suppose.
If you again had studied Christian history you would have studied how the trade of scribes worked in the Early Church.

Due to persecution no one location held the only copy of any letter book of what we call the NT.

Scribes would literally make hundreds of copies painstakingly and they would be sent every where so that they would not be lost.

Even early church fathers when they penned a new letter would have their scribes make numerous copies and have them sent east west north and south before even revealing them.

Thus it was statistically impossible for the word of God to be Lost and know doubt God's Angels followed lead and protected them.

We have found books of the NT dated with in 200 years of them being written in the far east they traveled that far and that fast.

God is way bigger and more powerful than any man or spiritual being.

Ro 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
Ro 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Mt 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Lk 16:17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you clearly have not studied early Christianity.
It was not tell the Council of Trent that the books you claim Luther removed were Canonized it took the RCC almost 1600 years to make them equal with the rest of the books.
Again you need to go study some early church history that has not been spoon feed to you from Catholic answers and your local Priest.
Trying being a Good Brennan and test you Sects teachings independently of the RCC, Paul praised the Brennans in Corthinians for doing such and they did it to his very own teachings.
They were of more Noble blood for doing so.
Truth Matters the RCC did not give us the Bible the HOLY SPIRIT DID
actually, you need to study some Church history. And lose the conspiracy Christianity.
The Council of Trent was needed to clarify many rumors that the reformers were spreading. One of which is the the canon of Scripture. The books used in the Christian Bible included the 7 from the OT. Luther removed them. He deceived everyone into thinking the Jews never used those books. The fact is, the Jews never had a canon of scripture until AFTER Christianity.
Some sects had more then others. In about 100 AD, the Jews collectively decided on a canon. And this canon did NOT include Tobit, Kings and the other 5 books used by Christians.(precisely why the Jews left them out... to further separate themselves from the growing Christian religion)

In a nut shell, Concerned in Egypt, Luther sided with the Jews of 100 AD instead of The Apostles of 33 AD.
He had no authority to dabble in Scripture re configuration.

The Council of Trent is used by many Ideologue Christians against the Church, because the CC held it to publicly confirm centuries old Christians teachings. you guys point to it and say "see, they just made it up!" lol.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You begin with Acts 22:16. Exactly what is there about this verse that would convince someone that Paul's sins had been forgiven before his baptism?
When we ask Jesus into our heats the Holy Spirit ,(comes to live in the Believers heart.) you will see a great change in a person who is born again. Their love for Christ will not allow them to continue in their sinful life. The fruits of the Holy Spirit , love, joy, peace, etc. there are nine
Some people are Baptized with the Holy Spirit before their Baptism in water some aren't
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit , is when the Holy Spirit impowers the believer with Gifts to Teach , Preach, Heal, etc. there are also nine .

Jesus met Saul on the road to Damascus, His name was changed to Paul.
Yeah Of course his sins were forgiven did he not call Jesus Lord ??

The events that happened on the road to Damascus relate not only to the Apostle Paul, whose dramatic conversion occurred there, but they also provide a clear picture of the conversion of all people. While some have an extraordinarily dramatic conversion known as a “Damascus Road experience,” the conversion of all believers follows a similar pattern of Paul’s experience on the road to Damascus, described in Paul’s own words in Acts 9:1-9, Acts 22:6-11, Acts 26:9-20.

Putting the three accounts together, the details of this amazing experience come together. Paul, whose name at that time was Saul, was on his way to Damascus with a letter from the high priest of the Temple in Jerusalem giving him authority to arrest any who belonged to “the Way,” meaning those who followed Christ. So intent was he on “opposing the name of Jesus of Nazareth”(Acts 26:9) that in “raging fury,” he breathed “threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord.” Here was a man who truly hated Christ and all who were associated with Him.

Suddenly a bright light shone on Saul, causing his entire party to fall to the ground. Then Jesus spoke to Saul, asking him “why are you persecuting me?” in a voice understood only by him. Saul recognized that this was a deity of some sort because he called Him “Lord” and asked who He was. When Jesus identified Himself as the very One Saul had been persecuting, one can only imagine the terror that filled Saul’s heart. Saul was speechless, no doubt thinking to himself,“I’m a dead man.” The Acts 22 version of the story indicates that Saul’s response was to ask what Jesus wanted him to do. The Acts 9 and Acts 22 retellings of the story have Saul saying Jesus told him to rise and go to Damascus where he would be told what to do.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

(QUOTE)

[[Baptism by immersion, while it is the most biblical mode of identifying with Christ, is not (as some believe) a prerequisite for salvation. It is rather an act of obedience, a public proclamation of faith in Christ and identification with Him. Baptism is a picture of our leaving our old life and becoming a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). Baptism by immersion is the only mode that fully illustrates this radical change.]](QUOTE)

YEP!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

You are not born thief remember that.
Wicket satanic world will or try transform you into beast not only thief..Are you for sure i am wrong..did you know story of conspiracy and thief?
i know they read..they do and they will do..as they do conspiracy is satanic followers as well wicket world..plenty around us..Why they are holy?

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
accusers
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you again had studied Christian history you would have studied how the trade of scribes worked in the Early Church.
Due to persecution no one location held the only copy of any letter book of what we call the NT.
Scribes would literally make hundreds of copies painstakingly and they would be sent every where so that they would not be lost.
Even early church fathers when they penned a new letter would have their scribes make numerous copies and have them sent east west north and south before even revealing them.
Thus it was statistically impossible for the word of God to be Lost and know doubt God's Angels followed lead and protected them.
We have found books of the NT dated with in 200 years of them being written in the far east they traveled that far and that fast.
God is way bigger and more powerful than any man or spiritual being.
Ro 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
Ro 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Mt 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Lk 16:17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.
Don't confuse the early Christians with modern day Evangelicals.
The Bible (to them) was the Hebrew books. Not the various letters and memoirs of The Apostles. Those did not yet become part of The Bible.

The Apostles were convinced Christ was coming back in their lifetime. They would never have thought to compile their writings into a Bible.
The Roman Catholic Church decided to do just that in the 4th and 5th century.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

marge wrote:
(QUOTE)
[[Baptism by immersion, while it is the most biblical mode of identifying with Christ, is not (as some believe) a prerequisite for salvation. It is rather an act of obedience, a public proclamation of faith in Christ and identification with Him. Baptism is a picture of our leaving our old life and becoming a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). Baptism by immersion is the only mode that fully illustrates this radical change.]](QUOTE)
YEP!!!
Double yep!!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
Who is light Paul or Jesus?
Always through Jesus;

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

rog nije bog
horn is not god
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

my feet burning=melting point
nemoj kazat=don't tell

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

One of the greatest benefits afforded to every Christian is the privilege of answered prayers. In the Bible, Jesus made this tremendous promise,“And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive”(Matt 21:22). However, despite the Lord’s willingness to answer prayer, it is obvious that some prayers have gone unanswered.

Why is this? The following are the most common reasons why some prayers do not get results:

1. Lack of Fellowship with God and His word

2. Not seeking to Please the Lord

3. Unconfessed Sin in One’s Life

4. Improper Motives

5. Not asking in God’s will

6. Don’t know how to pray

7. Lack of Faith

8. Misunderstanding of Faith

9. Wavering faith

10. Failure to apply spiritual Authority

11. Lack of Perseverance
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation came from God by Grace it was a gift,
A works is something we do like getting baptized in water.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit is something God does to us, that is what equips us to do the works God has predestined before time.
If water baptism saved us , the man on the cross wouldn't have gone to Heaven with Jesus .
Jesus would not make an exception for anyone, the theif on the cross eyes were opened, He said to Jesus remember me when you come into your Kingdom He believe Jesus was the savior of his soul.
Jesus said you will be with me in Paradise this day.
He was baptised by the Holy Spirit to beable to have the truth in His heart.

Jesus said that to Peter , who do you say I am Peter stated you are the son of the true living God.
Jesus told Peter only the Holy Spirit could reveal that truth to him.
ON the Spirit of Truth Jesus is building His Spirit filled Spirit Lead Holy Church.
One soul at a time, Jesus isn't through building when He is He will come again.
When Jesus was here on earth he had the power to save. Therefore the thief on the cross isn't the best example to base your personal salvation. Additionally, I on' think you have evidence to prove that the theif had not been been baptized. John had been baptizing for a while, right? Plus, the new law ha not yet gone into effect when the theif was take to Paradise. The new *will* did not go into effet until Jesus' death, right? Isn't that how will's work? Therefore the thief was still under the Law of Moses.

You still didn't tell me where the Bible says Baptism is a work.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

remember they are still in sleep i walk i talk i return as alive but i see..
pray holy spirit will bring you there
Did you sold your soul to whom?

Where you recommend your soul to whom?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>It's true that we have no record of the thief being baptized, for he certainly had no opportunity to do so after accepting Jesus as his Lord and Saviour. He could not come down from the cross where he was being executed by the Roman authorities. Had he been able to descend from that cross, he would have done many things. He would have turned from his life of crime, made restitution for all he had stolen, and walked in full conformity to truth he now understood. But since it was physically impossible to do any of those things, the obedient life of Jesus was imputed to him. That is why God could accept him and Jesus could give him such a glorious assurance of salvation. The baptism of Jesus was credited to him - an act that would have been required of the thief had he been able to fulfill it.
By the way, the same transaction would take place today if the circumstances were similar. Suppose a man should approach me this very day, requesting baptism. His desire is so urgent and compelling that he begs me to do it immediately. We get in my car to drive to a nearby lake where there is a convenient place to conduct the service. But on the way to the lake there is a terrible accident. My passenger is killed in that accident. Would he be lost because he had not yet been immersed with his Lord? Of course not. He had made the decision and was in the process of obeying the Lord when he died. God never requires the impossible from anyone. But on the basis of what we have learned from the lips of Jesus, one can confidently conclude that if a person has the opportunity to be baptized and refuses to be, that man cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.
http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...
the only reason a person asks to be baptised is because he is a believer and is saved.
Water Baptism is not salvation it is a outward sign of an inward change that can only be caused by the Holy Spirit.
Your friend was saved , his desire to be baptised in water was the evidence of that.
God knew the good intentions of his heart.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God drew Paul to believe in Jesus as his Lord, that means Paul believed Jesus paid the price for his sins.
The question was:
Exactly what about this verse

Acts 22:16
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

would lead one to believe that Paul's sins were forgiven before his baptism?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

evangelise..did you say that
e=5 v=22 because satan want split every words and everything see result

Gal 5;22
when i say law your law is not my law..not at all.
''love''=what you see in your heart
we pray u rane svoje sakrij me
we pray u srce svoje sakrij me da tvoja ljutnja prodje
doklen ce se ljutit na mene..
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus was here on earth he had the power to save. Therefore the thief on the cross isn't the best example to base your personal salvation. Additionally, I on' think you have evidence to prove that the theif had not been been baptized. John had been baptizing for a while, right? Plus, the new law ha not yet gone into effect when the theif was take to Paradise. The new *will* did not go into effet until Jesus' death, right? Isn't that how will's work? Therefore the thief was still under the Law of Moses.
You still didn't tell me where the Bible says Baptism is a work.
You are right the man was under the law, John was baptised in his mothers womb when Mary went to see her. He was not baptised with water , but the Holy Spirit.

Baptismal regeneration is the belief that a person must be baptized in order to be saved. baptism is an important step of obedience for a Christian, but we adamantly reject baptism as being required for salvation. We strongly believe that each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-4 declares,“Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.

Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say we must be baptized in order to be saved is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' payment for our sins is appropriated to our “account” by faith alone (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.
gotquestions.ca
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No Strawman bibical.
What is the baptism of/by/with fire?"
John the Baptist came preaching repentance and baptizing in the wilderness of Judea, and he was sent as a herald to announce the arrival of Jesus, the Son of God (Matthew 3:1-12). He announced,“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire”(Matthew 3:11).
After Jesus had risen from the dead, He instructed His apostles to “…wait for the Promise of the Father which you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now”(Acts 1:4-5). This promise was first fulfilled on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4), and the baptism of the Spirit joins every believer to the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). But what about the baptism with fire?
Some interpret the baptism of fire as referring to the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit was sent from heaven.“And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them”(Acts 2:2-3). It is important to note that these were tongues as of fire, not literal fire.
Some believe that the baptism with fire refers to the Holy Spirit’s office as the energizer of the believer’s service, and the purifier of evil within, because of the exhortation “Do not quench the Spirit” found in 1Thessalonians 5:19. The command to the believer is to not put out the Spirit’s fire by suppressing His ministry.
A third and more likely interpretation is that the baptism of fire refers to judgment. In all four Gospel passages mentioned above, Mark and John speak of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but only Matthew and Luke mention the baptism with fire. The immediate context of Matthew and Luke is judgment (Matthew 3:7-12; Luke 3: 7-17). The context of Mark and John is not (Mark 1:1-8; John 1:29-34). We know that the Lord Jesus is coming in flaming fire to judge those who do not know God (2 Thessalonians 1:3-10; John 5:21-23; Revelation 20:11-15), but praise be to God that He will save all that will come and put their trust in Him (John 3:16)!
The apostles were baptized in a manner unlike the "one" baptism Paul speaks of in Eph. 4. It should be obvious that after the tongues as of fire came down upon them they could do things that you and I could not do after our baptism. They were the foundation and they needed to be able to work wonders to prove their message was from God so people would believe what they said. Today we have the Word which should be sufficient. Remember they "put away childish things" (i.e. miracle working).
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
When we ask Jesus into our heats the Holy Spirit ,(comes to live in the Believers heart.) you will see a great change in a person who is born again. Their love for Christ will not allow them to continue in their sinful life. The fruits of the Holy Spirit , love, joy, peace, etc. there are nine
Some people are Baptized with the Holy Spirit before their Baptism in water some aren't
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit , is when the Holy Spirit impowers the believer with Gifts to Teach , Preach, Heal, etc. there are also nine .
Jesus met Saul on the road to Damascus, His name was changed to Paul.
Yeah Of course his sins were forgiven did he not call Jesus Lord ??
The events that happened on the road to Damascus relate not only to the Apostle Paul, whose dramatic conversion occurred there, but they also provide a clear picture of the conversion of all people. While some have an extraordinarily dramatic conversion known as a “Damascus Road experience,” the conversion of all believers follows a similar pattern of Paul’s experience on the road to Damascus, described in Paul’s own words in Acts 9:1-9, Acts 22:6-11, Acts 26:9-20.
Putting the three accounts together, the details of this amazing experience come together. Paul, whose name at that time was Saul, was on his way to Damascus with a letter from the high priest of the Temple in Jerusalem giving him authority to arrest any who belonged to “the Way,” meaning those who followed Christ. So intent was he on “opposing the name of Jesus of Nazareth”(Acts 26:9) that in “raging fury,” he breathed “threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord.” Here was a man who truly hated Christ and all who were associated with Him.
Suddenly a bright light shone on Saul, causing his entire party to fall to the ground. Then Jesus spoke to Saul, asking him “why are you persecuting me?” in a voice understood only by him. Saul recognized that this was a deity of some sort because he called Him “Lord” and asked who He was. When Jesus identified Himself as the very One Saul had been persecuting, one can only imagine the terror that filled Saul’s heart. Saul was speechless, no doubt thinking to himself,“I’m a dead man.” The Acts 22 version of the story indicates that Saul’s response was to ask what Jesus wanted him to do. The Acts 9 and Acts 22 retellings of the story have Saul saying Jesus told him to rise and go to Damascus where he would be told what to do.
Please hold back on the long posts. Explain your FIRST sentance. Show me the scripture that tells me exactly what you are saying in your first sentance.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Mark 4

Parable of the Sower Explained

13And he said unto them, Know you not this parable? and how then will you know all parables?

14The sower sows the word.

15And these are they by the wayside, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan comes immediately, and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16And these are they likewise who are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

18And these are they who are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

20And these are they who are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 405,901 - 405,920 of532,261
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Married in 8,118
More 21 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••