Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599809 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421173 Feb 9, 2013
To all the catholic's on this thread, Jesus could be talking to you as He talked to Nicodemus.

Jesus rebukes Nicodemus in John 3:10 by asking him:“Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not understand these things?” This implies that what Jesus had just told him was something Nicodemus should have known and understood from the Old Testament. What is it that Nicodemus, as a teacher of the Old Testament, should have known and understood? It is that God had promised in the Old Testament a time was coming in which He would:“sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.”(Ezekiel 36:25-27). Jesus rebuked Nicodemus because he failed to recall and understand one of the key Old Testament passages pertaining to the New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:33). Nicodemus should have been expecting this. Why would Jesus have rebuked Nicodemus for not understanding baptism considering the fact that baptism is nowhere mentioned in the Old Testament?
While this verse does not teach baptism is required for salvation, we should be careful not to neglect baptism’s importance. Baptism is the sign or the symbol for what takes place when one is born again. Baptism’s importance should not be downplayed or minimized. However, baptism does not save us. What saves us is the cleansing work of the Holy Spirit, when we are born again and regenerated by the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5).

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421174 Feb 9, 2013
I am glad that God will deal with us to get Baptised. as I said, with my neck the way it is, i didnt want someone shoving me backwards, but God continue to show me that it would be okay. and in may 1983, I went down to hear my Pastor preach at his fathers church, and of course, he preached on being Baptised, and he didnt know that I was coming down, but God knew.

and that sunday afternoon, God really blessed that day.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#421175 Feb 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
To all the catholic's on this thread, Jesus could be talking to you as He talked to Nicodemus.
Jesus rebukes Nicodemus in John 3:10

The gnostic Nicolaitanes too, in the book of Revelation Jesus says:

2:6 But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

2:15 So have you also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

2:16 Repent; or else I will come to you quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#421176 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
I am glad that God will deal with us to get Baptised. as I said, with my neck the way it is, i didnt want someone shoving me backwards, but God continue to show me that it would be okay. and in may 1983, I went down to hear my Pastor preach at his fathers church, and of course, he preached on being Baptised, and he didnt know that I was coming down, but God knew.
and that sunday afternoon, God really blessed that day.

Did you get baptized? Great! Me too, about 14 years ago.

Here's a little book why baptism is needed..

• Baptism: Is It really Necessary?

http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...

truth

Perth, Australia

#421177 Feb 9, 2013
socci will save this world..he is god of what?
Can we know..its very nice know you are save others not.
Its free will have life..we have rights on this life others according justice judging and oppose what so ever..but time will come for them too.

reprogram..no no no you don't need except that..its not belong to you..as well other evil people try posses what is not belong for them..i hope..general destruction will come as they wish because possessors is not CREATOR..I mean real Creator.

kolo srece uokolo se okrece

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421178 Feb 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get baptized? Great! Me too, about 14 years ago.
Here's a little book why baptism is needed..
• Baptism: Is It really Necessary?
http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...
yes, of course, I got Baptised. nine months and three days after I was Saved, and nine months and one day after I was baptised with the Holy Ghost.just to inform everyone, I believe that when a person gets saved they receive the Spirit of Christ, this is different than Being Baptised in the Holy Ghost.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421179 Feb 9, 2013
repent we say ..izmisljotina..posessors can't wait they liked posess everuthing for themself what is not belong to them

why you on hurry izmisljotino.
Is that very rood tell others..one way yes..on other way not..depend hpow you understood.
an en in on
at it

izmisljotina=innovation ''in''

now in=within izmisljotina
izmisljotina=uvreda=as you hurt others
in reality not
izmisljas=innovation

o jedna izmisljotino tko ce ti se vjerovati..yes izmisljotina=innovation visible and not invisible

Did we have warning about izmisljotina=innovation?

yes yes yes
vanity vanity vanity
eccelestic
ece +n=nece=no

Izmisljotina=innovation=your first prophets long time ago see and call izmisljotina..that and that and many prophets don't have words describe your izmisljotina=innovation..no..n ow you call that buble buble game..
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421180 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Baptism doesnt save any person. Only the Blood of Jesus saves a Person as it is written, without the shedding of Blood, there is no remission of sin(hebrew 9:22).
if water SAVED any person, then Jesus would not have had to lose His life for the Unsaved.
I realize that you belong to the campbellite cult,and really are sincere in your beliefs, but you are sincerely WRONG.
Ananias baptised Paul thinking that this act would save paul, and he did it in ignorance of the Scriptures, just like your church does today.and the catholics also.
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?
5 Who are you, Lord? Saul asked. I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting, he replied.
here Paul acknowledges that Jesus is Lord and his Lord.maing paul a Christian already and a candidatge to be Baptised by ananias, now on the other hand if Paul doesnt acknowledge Jesus as Lord, he would have been a person who just got wet and that would have been it.
speaking for myself, I was Saved on 8/25/82, filled with the Holy Ghost on 8/27/82 and Baptised by water on May 28, 1983.
and speaking for YOU, if you got baptsied by water(whatever day) you still are not a Christian if you are depending on that ritual saving your soul.
The demons knew Jesus was Lord, right? We're they saved?
Only through the blood of Christ does my baptism have any meaning - I'll agree with you there.
Was Noah saved by water? Was Noah saved by the ark?
Was Noah saved by God's grace? Yes!
Did Noah believe in God? Yes. Was that enough to save him, or did he have to have an obedient faith?
Are we saved by God's grace? Yes!
But we, like Noah must have an obedient faith. Why is there so much attention given to baptism in scripture?
truth

Perth, Australia

#421181 Feb 9, 2013
sword=drows
$word=you pay everything today even word=your internet=''in''ternet

nowsword drows..drove..dot to dot..
we call dota as woman have and give to someone who married you..do you understood..no
please tell me why not understood..

dot to dot to dot ..........your every city place house
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
rivers mountains and so on stay in correction as it is..now
because
it is on earth it is on heaven

why in heaven better
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

/=os
s=c=co 15;19
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

i walk in blue light i walk between them i see man who collecting them is that you Shime..i think he is my friend Orthodox friend he is been married catholic..no no is Jesus look like that..its frozen..but i don't fill cold..i see many many in bags

you have there on window where Jesus stay on Cross.
When i come i sit there where stage mother Mary meet her son.

Are you for sure not will be sini sunce?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421182 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Baptism doesnt save any person. Only the Blood of Jesus saves a Person as it is written, without the shedding of Blood, there is no remission of sin(hebrew 9:22).
if water SAVED any person, then Jesus would not have had to lose His life for the Unsaved.
I realize that you belong to the campbellite cult,and really are sincere in your beliefs, but you are sincerely WRONG.
Ananias baptised Paul thinking that this act would save paul, and he did it in ignorance of the Scriptures, just like your church does today.and the catholics also.
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?
5 Who are you, Lord? Saul asked. I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting, he replied.
here Paul acknowledges that Jesus is Lord and his Lord.maing paul a Christian already and a candidatge to be Baptised by ananias, now on the other hand if Paul doesnt acknowledge Jesus as Lord, he would have been a person who just got wet and that would have been it.
speaking for myself, I was Saved on 8/25/82, filled with the Holy Ghost on 8/27/82 and Baptised by water on May 28, 1983.
and speaking for YOU, if you got baptsied by water(whatever day) you still are not a Christian if you are depending on that ritual saving your soul.
How do you know you were saved?
How do you know you were filled with the Holy Ghost? Did you begin speaking in languages you'd never learned?
Why were you baptized?
Where do you find examples in scripture of conversions that happened in the same sequence as yours?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421183 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, of course, I got Baptised. nine months and three days after I was Saved, and nine months and one day after I was baptised with the Holy Ghost.just to inform everyone, I believe that when a person gets saved they receive the Spirit of Christ, this is different than Being Baptised in the Holy Ghost.
If ail stated there was ONE baptism when he was speaking to the Christians in Ephesus, why then would you practice two? Where do you find the authority to have two baptisms if Paul says there is ONE?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421184 Feb 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know that Paul was already saved,.Damascus
Acts 22:16 does not teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?"
the Bible is clear that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not by works of any kind, including baptism (Ephesians 2:8-9). So, any interpretation which comes to the conclusion that baptism, or any other act, is necessary for salvation, is a faulty interpretation.
Acts 22:16, "And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name."
1. Paul said that he did not receive or hear the Gospel from Ananias, but rather he heard it directly from Christ.
Galatians 1:11-12 says, "For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ." So, Paul heard and believed in Christ on the road to Damascus. Paul had already believed in Christ when Ananias came to pray for him to receive his sight (Acts 9:17).
2. It also should be noted that Paul at the time when Ananias prayed for him to receive his sight, he also received the Holy Spirit (Acts 9:17)--this was before he was baptized (Acts 9:18). Acts presents a transition period where God's focus turns from Israel to the Church. The events recorded in Acts are not always normative. With regard to receiving the Holy Spirit, the norm is that a person receives and is permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.
3. The Greek aorist participle, epikalesamenos, translated "calling on His name" refers either to action that is simultaneous with or before that of the main verb, "be baptized." Here Paul’s calling on Christ’s name for salvation preceded his water baptism. The participle may be translated "having called on His name" which makes more sense, as it would clearly indicate the order of the events.
4. Concerning the words, "be baptized, and wash away your sins," because Paul was already cleansed spiritually at the time Christ appeared to him, these words must refer to the symbolism of baptism. Baptism is a picture of God’s inner work of washing away sin (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 Peter 3:21).
5. It is also interesting that when Paul recounted this event again later in Acts (Acts 26:12-18), he did not mention Ananias or what Ananias said to him at all. Verse 18 again would confirm the idea that Paul received Christ as Savior on the road to Damascus since here Christ is telling Paul he will be a messenger for Him concerning forgiveness of sins for Gentiles as they have faith in Him. It would seem unlikely that Christ would commission Paul if Paul had not yet believed in Him.
I've never read the part where it says baptism is a work. I hear folks say that all the time but no one has ever been able to point that out to me. Can you?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#421185 Feb 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get baptized? Great! Me too, about 14 years ago.
Here's a little book why baptism is needed..
• Baptism: Is It really Necessary?
http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...
The Article says:

Suppose you could survey the people who live in the hundred homes nearest to your own house on the subject of Christian baptism. What kind of answer would you get in response to this question: "How should a person be baptized in order to meet the Bible requirements of salvation?"

It is likely that you would get a dozen different answers, and possibly even a hundred. Some would say that they don't believe it is necessary to be baptized at all to be saved. Others would answer that true baptism is to go forward three times completely under the water. Some would contend that a few drops of sprinkled water on the head would constitute a valid baptism, while others would insist on pouring the water over the candidate. A few would strongly hold that a proper baptism consists of a single immersion backwards into the water.

Somehow the subject of baptism has spawned a plethora of ideas on how it should be administered, and to whom. Yet, all believe that their method is based on the one book of authority - the Bible. How could this confusion of conviction result from reading the same book?"

Then Joe Schmo gives his infallible opinion. lol Protestants are all over the place and here is another with the real deal. It never ends with them. The Spam from LTM who presents her infallible author from gotquestions It never ends with Protestants each with their own personal truth.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421186 Feb 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The gnostic Nicolaitanes too, in the book of Revelation Jesus says:
2:6 But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
2:15 So have you also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
2:16 Repent; or else I will come to you quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Socci, I believe the Holy Spirit was already dealing with Nicodemus, that is why he went late in the evening to see Jesus,
and say "Rabbi we know you are a teacher who came from GOD and do the signs and wonders you do unless GOD is with Him .
He was already a believer!!
Nicodemus was a Pharisee ruler of the Jews, he may have been the first but not the last Pharisee that was changed after meeting Jesus . Nicodemus was the one who helped take Jesus' body from the cross and laid Jesus in his own tomb.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421187 Feb 9, 2013
i find myself upon sun as big fire ball..no no that time i don't fill hot..not at all
as i walk in blue light
i don't fill cold but its look body is frozen

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

why i return
i don't died from fire not from cold

Did you sold your soul to whom?
Which name you call upon yourself?

socco will tell you..
could you imagen socco kusnja=test
did god put us under test?
Did god need silver gold money wood?

everything go in fire burning silver gold wood
what so ever

now they sending mouse and cocorache
co c=3 cmock
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
truth

Perth, Australia

#421188 Feb 9, 2013
you know if people can't understood
they liked pray
as well understood on own way..its hard understood

sveti duse =holy spirit duso moje duse
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421189 Feb 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know that Paul was already saved,.Damascus
Acts 22:16 does not teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?"
the Bible is clear that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not by works of any kind, including baptism (Ephesians 2:8-9). So, any interpretation which comes to the conclusion that baptism, or any other act, is necessary for salvation, is a faulty interpretation.
Acts 22:16, "And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name."
1. Paul said that he did not receive or hear the Gospel from Ananias, but rather he heard it directly from Christ.
Galatians 1:11-12 says, "For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ." So, Paul heard and believed in Christ on the road to Damascus. Paul had already believed in Christ when Ananias came to pray for him to receive his sight (Acts 9:17).
2. It also should be noted that Paul at the time when Ananias prayed for him to receive his sight, he also received the Holy Spirit (Acts 9:17)--this was before he was baptized (Acts 9:18). Acts presents a transition period where God's focus turns from Israel to the Church. The events recorded in Acts are not always normative. With regard to receiving the Holy Spirit, the norm is that a person receives and is permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.
3. The Greek aorist participle, epikalesamenos, translated "calling on His name" refers either to action that is simultaneous with or before that of the main verb, "be baptized." Here Paul’s calling on Christ’s name for salvation preceded his water baptism. The participle may be translated "having called on His name" which makes more sense, as it would clearly indicate the order of the events.
4. Concerning the words, "be baptized, and wash away your sins," because Paul was already cleansed spiritually at the time Christ appeared to him, these words must refer to the symbolism of baptism. Baptism is a picture of God’s inner work of washing away sin (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 Peter 3:21).
5. It is also interesting that when Paul recounted this event again later in Acts (Acts 26:12-18), he did not mention Ananias or what Ananias said to him at all. Verse 18 again would confirm the idea that Paul received Christ as Savior on the road to Damascus since here Christ is telling Paul he will be a messenger for Him concerning forgiveness of sins for Gentiles as they have faith in Him. It would seem unlikely that Christ would commission Paul if Paul had not yet believed in Him.
You begin with Acts 22:16. Exactly what is there about this verse that would convince someone that Paul's sins had been forgiven before his baptism?
Guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421190 Feb 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get baptized? Great! Me too, about 14 years ago.
Here's a little book why baptism is needed..
• Baptism: Is It really Necessary?
http://abc.eznettools.net/mobxpozd/baptism.ht...
Amen

John Baptizes Jesus

13Then came Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized by him.

14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized by you, and come you to me?

15And Jesus answering said unto him, Permit it to be so now:........(for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.......... Then he permitted him.

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up immediately out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

I guess AtemCowboy lied again saying he knows your a Cambellite of course this is way of implying God revealed it to him.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421191 Feb 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
Those who hold baptism to be required for salvation point to “born of water” as evidence. As one person has put it,“Jesus describes it and tells him plainly how—by being born of water and the Spirit. This is a perfect description of baptism! Jesus could not have given a more detailed and accurate explanation of baptism.” However, had Jesus actually wanted to say that one must be baptized to be saved, He clearly could have simply stated,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).
Looking at your first line, I see a strawman. I don't require you to try to make my points for me. Which baptism examples didn't involve water?
We should also not lose sight of the fact that when Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus, the ordinance of Christian baptism was not yet in effect. This important inconsistency in interpreting Scripture is seen when one asks those who believe baptism is required for salvation why the thief on the cross did not need to be baptized to be saved. A common reply to that question is:“The thief on the cross was still under the Old Covenant and therefore not subject to this baptism. He was saved just like anyone else under the Old Covenant.” So, in essence, the same people who say the thief did not need to be baptized because he was “under the Old Covenant” will use John 3:5 as “proof” that baptism is necessary for salvation. They insist that Jesus is telling Nicodemus that he must be baptized to be saved, even though he too was under the Old Covenant. If the thief on the cross was saved without being baptized (because he was under the Old Covenant), why would Jesus tell Nicodemus (who was also under the Old Covenant) that he needed to be baptized?
If “being born of water and the Spirit” is not referring to baptism, then what does it mean? Traditionally, there have been two interpretations of this phrase. The first is that being “born of water” is being used by Jesus to refer to natural birth (with water referring to the amniotic fluid that surrounds the baby in the womb) and that being born of the “Spirit” indicates spiritual birth. While that is certainly a possible interpretation of the term “born of water” and would seem to fit the context of Nicodemus’ question about how a man could be born “when he is old,” it is not the best interpretation given the context of this passage. After all, Jesus was not talking about the difference between natural birth and spiritual birth. What He was doing was explaining to Nicodemus his need to be “born from above” or “born again.”
cont
That is a strawman in your very first line. How many examples of baptism didn't involve water? And, if the baptism didn't involve water was the person able to do instant miracles? Did this happen with your baptism?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421192 Feb 9, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never read the part where it says baptism is a work. I hear folks say that all the time but no one has ever been able to point that out to me. Can you?
Salvation came from God by Grace it was a gift,
A works is something we do like getting baptized in water.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit is something God does to us, that is what equips us to do the works God has predestined before time.

If water baptism saved us , the man on the cross wouldn't have gone to Heaven with Jesus .
Jesus would not make an exception for anyone, the theif on the cross eyes were opened, He said to Jesus remember me when you come into your Kingdom He believe Jesus was the savior of his soul.
Jesus said you will be with me in Paradise this day.
He was baptised by the Holy Spirit to beable to have the truth in His heart.
Jesus said that to Peter , who do you say I am Peter stated you are the son of the true living God.
Jesus told Peter only the Holy Spirit could reveal that truth to him.
ON the Spirit of Truth Jesus is building His Spirit filled Spirit Lead Holy Church.
One soul at a time, Jesus isn't through building when He is He will come again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr par five 84,327
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web