Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,292)

Showing posts 405,821 - 405,840 of529,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Catholic Girl

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Good Day everyone,
Extremely windy here today. Having good day so far. Keep up the good stuff, you guys are do deep for me.
later.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One does have to wonder how many other parts of the bible are wrong and stupid and clueless people like Ananius just said stuff, but embryo theories and Jesus probably didnt have an umbilichal chord and Mary was dumb and a horrid mother is in the bible. Joseph was a rotten Dad too it would seem as well. God truly made a mistake by not choosing Prestos Mom.
There must a certain mindset in protestantism where the absurdities coming from preston are considered just another opinion and so the reaction is complete indifferance. If I'm an evangelical and the preacher says something so crazy, I just move on down the road to another community until the next one says something I don't like.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I really wonder why Catholics are so sure that their organization is the only one?Protestants may be in serious decline,but the church that is immersed in the Spirit still lives and the TESTIMONY is alive and well.
The whole Body of Christ is suffering from the assault daily of being in this W O R L D.God did not give to the church a new fresh look at the world,but a focus of what He wants for the Church in regards to Christ.
The World never ceases to disvalue the role of the Church in relationship to the souls of men and women in need of Salvation.All need to be saved,and only JESUS can complete Himself through His people."Many are called,few are chosen."It is not God's plan to only use one facet of the Church,but to proclaim liberty to captives by means of the whole Body.
If each segment of the Church begins to fall short,it is not because they have a fraction of truth,but because they have allowed their eyes to focus on this World rather than the Master.It is not a matter of what we joined,but Whom we joined into.The Lord Jesus gives the Roll Call,and if we respond,than we are chosen to continue to make a difference in this present World.
I find partiality to church preference ill-sought when people look to that preference rather than to the Master Himself.We can exalt our church all we want,but it takes Faith to live out what JESUS said"He who does the Will of My Father is my brother,sister and mother."
I respect your walk with Christ regardless of your affiliation.It makes no difference to me that you attend a RCCh,but it does make a difference to God if you are listening to His Son.
Protestantism fails for one reason only,not because someone says it is Babel,but rather that it takes its eyes off of the GOAL who is JESUS.
ARE we to think that eventually our church affiliation will make us savvy to the Kingdom of God? If so,than we miss the opportunity to hear His voice rather than to seek to find out the kingdom of God in our church organization. The Church is the bride of Christ,not the Kingdom of God our Father.
It is the Spiritual Manna from Heaven that will keep us going ,not our interpretation of what Communion is or is not.Baptism is for those who repent of their sins and follow Christ,can a n infant rightly make that decision? Of course not.We are not to seek initiation,but to understand that In Christ we have our being and are s a v e d,baptism spiritually brings us to acknowledge His Burial.
But who can argue these points? You believe that your church which teaches us those things we ultimately reject like infant baptism,is the only true church.Our response to the Word of God is to:believe,repent and be baptized.So much more to face as mature people the truth:To make that decision!
Pad good friend

I don't think Protestantism fails because it is Babel..., it is because it does not grow. It stays on the basics, and argues what the basics are....The Bible can inform us to a sort of endless calling through which God can call people. And this is a good thing.

But: Then the teachers take over, and here is where the endless arguments begin.
So instead there is a competition for recruiting souls(numbers), to keep a particular denomination going. And then comes in the world, which breaks down the basic calling in the first place....

Thus there is no building up of Christianity in Protesting.

The RCC has a hierarchy, this helps build, it is a structure onto which one can build Christianity, strengthen it in the world, to help overcome the world. Its weakness is that it is using "antiquated" methods in the modern world, and so does not keep up with the world. But this is also its strength. As the world goes rushing by, one need but glance in and see the antiquity, and be connected through the ages to the beginning....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Communion of Saints is basically an ambigious term as according to the RCC the only saint is one who is canonized by the Papacy,which includes the Cardinals and dthe Pope.It would be ridiculous to spend anytime trying to convince you that many precious believers who are not Roman Catholic are indeed s a i n t s.I have met some over the years,and they will never be made a Saint by your church,by virtue of their not being Roman Catholic.
Holiness is not limited to being a priest,nun,brother and deacon.Holiness is not limited to martyrdom either although that is definitely a good reason to call those who were martyred:S A I N T S.
Non-RC Christians do not seek to have the title saint in front of their name,but would rather hear the Lord say"Enter into my abode,you faithful servant."But we know that God calls us what He will,if He chooses to call us saints than so be it. Of course the RCC and the Orthodox traditions naturally have their whole retinue of saints.Personally I cannot argue over who of them is truly a saint and whatever.BUT it is so obvious that most of them are either priests,nuns,brothers or deacons.
I have not seen in the Scriptures the RC saints canonized,nor do I see the Apostle's ever alluding to the forming of saints as your church claims it has the ability to do.It does not matter who you canonize a saint,that person will face the same judgment before the King Jesus,as we all will be judged by Him.The Great Throne Judgment is for all those who are not believers in YESHUA.
No I do not condemn them to hell,I will not begin to comment on what happens to those who do not know Him our Lord.He is full of mercy and compassion,we all agree to that,HOW Wide is His Mercy?Only God can know that and respond to the claim of the Word on His behalf.
Nevertheless,Christ did not die in Vain,and we are called to preach the gospel to a l l Nations,baptizing them in the Name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit! The Communion of saints simply to us means,all believers in the communion of His body and blood,a spiritual body!
Pad

All of what you wrote up until your last sentence is a misunderstanding, and the old strawman fallacy.

Catholics actually begin with you last sentence, "The Communion of saints simply to us means,all believers in the communion of His body and blood,a spiritual body."

Now this is where the RCC begins, but it goes deeper. The saints are those suffering, militant, and triumphant..., even those who are yet to be born.... And because saints are united, as the Church, and Bride, they are part of a living body, though not all visible. Yet we see the visible part of the Church here and now, but are connected to those after death, and before being born....So you see, Protestants have just a very limited sense of what it is to be in communion with the saints. It is restricted, and in a sense exclusive. Roman Catholics are united even beyond the grave, and to those who will come....truly universal.

And this is why the RCC will be the Bride, it is united already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Intercession of Mary to enable and give a greater love of her Son.I have no fault with that,but I do believe that the realm of prayer beyond the grave is to God alone,why?Because He simply tells us to sekk Him,in a closet as it were,and He will reward you openly.The praying to God by any man or woman is astounding enough for the human mind let alone pray to another human being.Is not the whole issue of the Bible and faith in God the most important direction one must make to find the Living God?
When we seek HIM above all else,that takes all of our attention,to ONE we cannot SEE with our eyes.It is important that we realize that God the Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit is our Focus.All else can be a distraction.
I of course believe that if Mary came to me personally,she would exalt her Son in a way far greater than I could ever do now,because she has the advantage of raising Him from infancy to manhood,and she witnessed His death.
However father Dye,I do not believe for one minute that Mary would come to me and tell me to make an image of her,and venerate her through that image,or to use the image to bless my house or protect it.I would never believe that she would want me to build a huge edifice that is named for her,and that great devotions,litanies and prayers should be said to her in appeasement for sin,or for her to approach her Son,as though He is more approachable only through her.
There is a big difference brother, between Mary sharing the beauty of her son to us,and or requiring our obedience to make images of her,say rosaries,and build fantastic cathedrals in her name.Apparitions of Mary all require those who saw them to say litanies to her Pure heart,her immaculate conception,and to recite rosaries which the majority of the prayers are to her.The Apparitions all required those who saw them to make images or statues of her,and to build large edifices in her name,to exalt and bring a glory to her person.I can read,and many of those who have read the same and are not RC see the same things I did.We reject the Apparitions,not because Mary might have a word from her Son to us all,but that she requires obesiance to her,which is not Judeo-Christianity.
The Mary of the Bible is not one who would go against the Jewish laws of true worship to God alone,that which includes latria worship and veneration to her person,in order to appease for sin,or make shorter time in Purgatory,and or approach Jesus as though He is better approachable through her.
Pad

It is a question of balance....There are many non-Christians in the world. There are some who call themselves Christian, that are not. They hold no honor towards motherhood, including Jesus' mother. They break the commandment, continuously, infinitely....They hurt of humanity of Jesus Christ.

God must be Just. And so some are called to bring back into balance. Thus the RCC has been called, and joyfully carry this Cross with Jesus.

Are there RCs that do not understand, and the line gets blurred between worshipping God, and Mary? Of course. But there are certain things the RCC accepts and promotes. To go beyond these some are called. But worship..., of course not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelicals in Brazil use such things as fight nights, tatto parlors, video games, bands etc to attract young people. There is no solidified movement. Pentecostals do well as young people want to choose their own religion they say. What will happen is they will splinter and divide and choose alacarte what they wish to believe. They will become more confused and lose there faith all together. What is not mentioned is how many those who went to this movement have also fallen away. Megachurches will rise and fall to the tune of the pastor that fills their itching ears or provides them with social hour rather than a united message or sincere worship.
Have you ever read about or seen documentaries of the Jesus Movement? Movements rise and fall the church will remain. A bunch of competing sects to see who can outdo the other for fun and games rather than a focus on Christ. Catholic evangelicals can move to promote more social engagements, but not at the expense of the mass and greater learning. Movements often rise quickly and then people either fall away completely or they return and seek to study more. The propoganda literature will be abundant, those weak in their knowledge of the Church will learn to hate and slander and obedience or seeking out the truth will be set aside for personal choices of what they feel is good.
Dust Storm
Peace

I pretty much agree with you here.

Most of this has happened in my lifetime, to some degree.

Those that seek will find....
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
"...I do not believe for one minute that Mary would come to me and tell me to make an image of her,and venerate her through that image,or to use the image to bless my house or protect it.I would never believe that she would want me to build a huge edifice that is named for her,and that great devotions,litanies and prayers should be said to her in appeasement for sin,or for her to approach her Son,as though He is more approachable only through her.
There is a big difference brother, between Mary sharing the beauty of her son to us,and or requiring our obedience to make images of her,say rosaries,and build fantastic cathedrals in her name..."
To my knowledge the only object the Blessed Virgin Mary has asked for is the 'Miraculous Medal'...
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10115a.htm
http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/Mirac...

And I wear one...I can use all the Graces I can get :)

Secondly...the Chapels that are in Mary's honor ...Worship God through the Mass and Eucharist...
http://www.therealpresence.org/index.html
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-sacrifice-...
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
Why you call Mediator?
Whats deference between Mediator and Creator?
God is the creator. Sin separates us from our just God. In the O.T. there had to be a High Priest between sin and God. Christians are 'priests', yet we have to have a High Priest (Jesus) or a mediator between us and God. When we are "in Christ" his blood washes us clean of our sins.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There must a certain mindset in protestantism where the absurdities coming from preston are considered just another opinion and so the reaction is complete indifferance. If I'm an evangelical and the preacher says something so crazy, I just move on down the road to another community until the next one says something I don't like.
lets look at some catholic facts before you and dusty start to judge me,ok?

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One does have to wonder how many other parts of the bible are wrong and stupid and clueless people like Ananius just said stuff, but embryo theories and Jesus probably didnt have an umbilichal chord and Mary was dumb and a horrid mother is in the bible

[[Joseph was a rotten Dad too]]] it would seem as

according to cc and other catholics, Jospeh was a old dottering man on his last legs.

according to catholics, joseph was not his dad, just a caretaker for mary.

those are just two fallacies that you catholics teach.

while conerning the embryo factor, I use my medical knowledge. and all you catholic do is mock since you can provide no defense against my words.you prefer to believe that Jesus is half man/half god.since you believe that God fertilized her eggand I provided proof of two distinct hybryds being produced and that is what we are talking about. a woman and a Spirit.

I dont expect it to make sense to a catholic. look at your intelligence, if you were smart, you wouldnt be a catholic.your piece of grain is a good indicator of your lack of intelligence and the ability to think for yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
again, Jesus NEVER told ananias to baptise paul. you will NEVER find those words. NEVER!!!!!

you take one little word [do] and make your false doctrine of baptising "washing away his sins".

I have said time and time again, just because something is said in the Bible doesnt make it true.

for instance, the Bible records a person saying these words' we know that God doesnt hear the prayer of a sinner", and to the Chrisitan that is Saved,we know that not to be true.
and lets look at what you people say when You speak of Jesus 'not having any brothers and sisters when the Bible even names them".

you pick and choose but for me, If it isnt said by Jesus, I dont have to abide by it when I know better and know what is right.

AGAIN, YOU NOR DUSTY, AND LETS INCLUDED THE SATAN WORSHIPPER, CAN NOT FIND THE WORD [BAPTISE] USED BY JESUS CONCERNING PAUL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm
Peace
I pretty much agree with you here.
Most of this has happened in my lifetime, to some degree.
Those that seek will find....
you certainly are not like john the baptist, you are like a reed that [does blow with every wind of doctrine] and "concened" hadnt forgot how unstable a person that you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at some catholic facts before you and dusty start to judge me,ok?
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One does have to wonder how many other parts of the bible are wrong and stupid and clueless people like Ananius just said stuff, but embryo theories and Jesus probably didnt have an umbilichal chord and Mary was dumb and a horrid mother is in the bible
[[Joseph was a rotten Dad too]]] it would seem as
according to cc and other catholics, Jospeh was a old dottering man on his last legs.
according to catholics, joseph was not his dad, just a caretaker for mary.
those are just two fallacies that you catholics teach.
while conerning the embryo factor, I use my medical knowledge. and all you catholic do is mock since you can provide no defense against my words.you prefer to believe that Jesus is half man/half god.since you believe that God fertilized her eggand I provided proof of two distinct hybryds being produced and that is what we are talking about. a woman and a Spirit.
I dont expect it to make sense to a catholic. look at your intelligence, if you were smart, you wouldnt be a catholic.your piece of grain is a good indicator of your lack of intelligence and the ability to think for yourself.
preston

lol....And this is how we know you are not born-again, because you don't know that Jesus had his humanity through Adam's race, born of God and Mary, and not some hybrid embryo that appeared to be human, but is somehow not of Adam's race, with the Blessed Mary as an incubator. It would be impossible for such a being to then be a sacrifice of God/Man.

Somehow your antiquated medical training has gotten, mixed up with some kind of movie, like "Alien", to produce this bizarre alien embryo hybrid!

Your whole theology is a fantasy because on your hybrid embryo theory. But of course it is self-substantiating because you say God told you.... Funny God hasn't told anyone else..., It must be your super-advanced medical training in embryology.....Hmmmm.

Catholics do not say Jesus is half man/half God. That is your stupid strawman.

He is fully human, fully God, conceived in her womb(Mary), overshadowed (by the Holy Spirit).(That is the Bible word for word. I can give you...Luke 1:31, 1:35)

Repent.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>again, Jesus NEVER told ananias to baptise paul. you will NEVER find those words. NEVER!!!!!
you take one little word [do] and make your false doctrine of baptising "washing away his sins".
I have said time and time again, just because something is said in the Bible doesnt make it true.
for instance, the Bible records a person saying these words' we know that God doesnt hear the prayer of a sinner", and to the Chrisitan that is Saved,we know that not to be true.
and lets look at what you people say when You speak of Jesus 'not having any brothers and sisters when the Bible even names them".
you pick and choose but for me, If it isnt said by Jesus, I dont have to abide by it when I know better and know what is right.
AGAIN, YOU NOR DUSTY, AND LETS INCLUDED THE SATAN WORSHIPPER, CAN NOT FIND THE WORD [BAPTISE] USED BY JESUS CONCERNING PAUL
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Question....If this does not teach that God hears not the prayer of a sinner...what, exactly, is it saying??????

Does not this parallel verse teach God does not answer all prayers???? Quote: They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you certainly are not like john the baptist, you are like a reed that [does blow with every wind of doctrine] and "concened" hadnt forgot how unstable a person that you are.
preston

Isaiah 42 :3

"A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth justice unto truth."

I would explain it to you. But your the expert on the O.T....
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Texas Baptist Church to offer hand gun (conceal and carry) classes.

Wow. I suppose why not. The Bible doesn't say hand guns are wrong, so I guess they are covered. lol
www.foxnews.com

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....And this is how we know you are not born-again, because you don't know that Jesus had his humanity through Adam's race, born of God and Mary, and not some hybrid embryo that appeared to be human, but is somehow not of Adam's race, with the Blessed Mary as an incubator. It would be impossible for such a being to then be a sacrifice of God/Man.
Somehow your antiquated medical training has gotten, mixed up with some kind of movie, like "Alien", to produce this bizarre alien embryo hybrid!
Your whole theology is a fantasy because on your hybrid embryo theory. But of course it is self-substantiating because you say God told you.... Funny God hasn't told anyone else..., It must be your super-advanced medical training in embryology.....Hmmmm.
Catholics do not say Jesus is half man/half God. That is your stupid strawman.
He is fully human, fully God, conceived in her womb(Mary), overshadowed (by the Holy Spirit).(That is the Bible word for word. I can give you...Luke 1:31, 1:35)
Repent.
USING WIKI TO HELP YOU OUT. I ALREADY KNOW THIS:

The development of the embryo is called embryogenesis. In organisms that reproduce sexually, once a sperm(God has no sperm, since he isnt human) fertilizes an egg cell, the result is a cell called the zygote, which possesses {{{half the DNA of each of its two parents}]]]. SEE THIS: GOD HAS NO DNA.

NOW LOOK CLOSELY AT THIS ONE WORD[IMPLANTATION]:

57 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus (endometrium). When it comes into contact with the endometrium it performs implantation. Implantation connections between the mother and the embryo will begin to form, including the umbilical cord.

HERE IS WHERE THE EMBRYO BEGINS TO TAKE THE HUMANIZATION FROM MARY(SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HER).

this isnt the least difficult to understand, it is very simple and it occurrs with every child born.

the Bible speaks of the Holy Ghost "overshadowing' Mary. that in and of itself clearly indicates that God the Father used Him to infuse Jesus into Her body, just as on several occasions, we find that the Holy Ghost moved Jesus from one place to another.

and dusty lied when she said that I beleive that Jesus was born without the umbilical cord since that begins to form in this process of implantation as mentioned beforehand.

to say that God the Father had intercourse with mary is heresy at its worst.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Isaiah 42 :3
"A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth justice unto truth."
I would explain it to you. But your the expert on the O.T....
I cetainly understand enough to know that I am not like you flitting from ONE religion to another.

when I was filled, He said I would never thirst again. and that means for the spiritual things of life, not water or other drinks.

your ignorance leads you to believe that your intelligence is drafting you into this other knowledge that only leads to destruction

and you are correct, I dont need you to explain that [prophecy] to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Question....If this does not teach that God hears not the prayer of a sinner...what, exactly, is it saying??????
Does not this parallel verse teach God does not answer all prayers???? Quote: They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
what part of these words do you have a problem understanding?

for instance, the Bible records a person saying these words' we know that God doesnt hear the prayer of a sinner", and to the Christian that is Saved,we know that not to be true.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

The teaching "Mary ever virgin" is tripe....

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

The next verse says that did not happened until she gave birth to Christ. Quote: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

However, when this occurred is immaterial. The fact that it did, at some point in time, per Scripture, is undeniable.

So, she remained a virgin as much as any other wife who has had intercourse with her husband....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

EVEN DUCT TAPE CANT FIX STUPID(catholicism),

all it can do is muffle the sound

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 405,821 - 405,840 of529,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••