Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
405,681 - 405,700 of 537,313 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I recognize I'm setting myself up for a scripture bludgeoning from you.
BUT, you asked what my opinion is on the word 'knew' in Genesis.
To me, it doesn't have to mean automatic sexual relations. In fact, it doesn't have to mean sexual relations at all.
It COULD be implied as such and I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought that.
With Mary, it wasn't taught that she bore any child, but Jesus.... Regardless of how the Evangelicals have decided about words in scripture.
It was never taught Chuck.
That's fine Clay. All I ask was for your opinion. At least you had the stones to answer unlike Tony.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says....
..Michael--you wouldn't know the truth if it came "directly from
God Himself"! For someone who claims to have the truth.
Michael says......I think I would.
I never claimed to have the truth, I am searching for the truth. You should too.
sorry!
I/We as Catholics have "already found the GENUINE, AUTHENTICATED TRUTH" in Jesus Christ (historically and biblical PROVEN) One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic. On the other hand-----"You have chose to (REJECT) that (same) Truth".

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you certain you Look Jesus in the eye? The last person to actually view Jesus (God) was Moses. St. Peter stated someplace (no I don't know where) if you see God, you're dead.
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Queen of heaven. Of course we catholics go off in a tangent as you described.
CC, I am very certain that I looked at jesus in 1965, no doubt at all in my mind and in 1984, when i first stepped into a pulpit the Lord reminded me of seeing Jesus.

and that is one of the main qualifications of being an Apostle, you have to have seen the resurrected Christ and you must also have been chosen, and in 1955, that also happened.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, what does it mean?
ther is none so blind as one who refuses to see. that fits clay.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hey stupid, anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus, i challenged him to show me.
since the Bible doesnt indicate that.
and you amen him? makes you as dumb as him.lol
NAH!! even dumber.
Acts 22:10

And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

10And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told you all things which are appointed for you to do.

11And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

12And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews who dwelt there,

13Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive your sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.

14And he said, The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see that Just One, and should hear the voice of his mouth.

15For you shall be his witness unto all men of what you have seen and heard.

16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

17And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;

18And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive your testimony concerning me.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
are you talking about christians or catholics?
and what did I lie about?
Catholics aren't Christians right Chuck? Lie and/or ignorance #1.

Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?"

We believe we are saved by God's grace, not through our parents faith.

Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."

The priest dosn't forgive our sins.

Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."

We don't glorify Mary. We don't glorify any creature. We glorify only God.

Lie #5 "He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?"

The Eucharist isn't a cracker.

Chuck, you may think you're being cute, and I don't know what kind of organization you've joined, but they're feeding you lies and I hope you're not putting your eternal soul at stake.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
First you say "THANKS MICHAEL".......and just like ANTHONY you start building up hatred steam inside, and by your last sentence you are dumping on me again.
that is not very nice....
You've been "dumping" your anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and hatred on us Catholics and on Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic
Church----(ever since) you came on this forum!! You are right---
"that is not very nice.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought previous post stated 1965. doesn't matter yr., at this stage of game, my dates get screwy also. Take care my friend.
yeah, you are mixed up but a person that tells the truthdoesnt get mixed up. you can go back 5 years and read my posts and they will read the same.

so let me refresh your memory, back in 65, I saw Jesus, in 1982, Aug. in fact, I was saved.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, there is a rebuttal in every case. those are the words that jesus spoke to paul.
NOT THE WORDS THAT JESUS SPOKE TO ANANIAS.
OVERRULED. INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.
now the words spoken to ananias from Jesus.
9:10 - Now in Damascus there was a disciple by the name of Ananias. The Lord spoke to this man in a dream. calling him by his name. "I am here, Lord," he replied.
9:11-12 - Then the Lord said to him, "Get up and go down to the street called Straight, and enquire at the house of Judas for a man named Saul from Tarsus. At this moment he is praying and he sees in his mind's eye a man by the name of Ananias coming into the house, and placing his hands upon him to restore his sight."
9:13-14 - But Ananias replied, "Lord, I have heard on all hands about this man and how much harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem! Why even now he holds powers from the chief priests to arrest all who call upon your name."
9:15-16 - But the Lord said to him, "Go on your way, for this man is my chosen instrument to bear my name before the Gentiles and their kings, as well as to the sons of Israel. Indeed, I myself will show him what he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Judgement in favor of the defendant, atemcowboy
Acts 10

14And he said, The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see that Just One, and should hear the voice of his mouth.

16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 22:10
And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
10And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told you all things which are appointed for you to do.
11And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
12And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews who dwelt there,
13Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive your sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
17And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;
18And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive your testimony concerning me.
I posted those words a few minutes before you and there is nothing in the words of Jesus telling ananias to baptise Paul so if you would tell me that they are there, i could assume that you are as dumb as anthony.

anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus,

AND THESE ARE THE WORDS OF ANANIAS, NOT JESUS .PRETTY PLAIN TO ME.LOL
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?"
Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."
Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."
Lie #5 "He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?"
Chuck, you may think you're being cute, and I don't know what kind of organization you've joined, but they're feeding you lies and I hope you're not putting your eternal soul at stake.
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?

*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?

*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)

*Sure you do

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 10
AGAIN, THOSE ARE THE WORD OF ANANIAS TALKING TO PAUL, NOT JESUS TALKING TO ANANIAS.

KEEP UP or SHUT UP STUPID.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, there is a rebuttal in every case. those are the words that jesus spoke to paul.
NOT THE WORDS THAT JESUS SPOKE TO ANANIAS.
OVERRULED. INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.
now the words spoken to ananias from Jesus.
9:10 - Now in Damascus there was a disciple by the name of Ananias. The Lord spoke to this man in a dream. calling him by his name. "I am here, Lord," he replied.
9:11-12 - Then the Lord said to him, "Get up and go down to the street called Straight, and enquire at the house of Judas for a man named Saul from Tarsus. At this moment he is praying and he sees in his mind's eye a man by the name of Ananias coming into the house, and placing his hands upon him to restore his sight."
9:13-14 - But Ananias replied, "Lord, I have heard on all hands about this man and how much harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem! Why even now he holds powers from the chief priests to arrest all who call upon your name."
9:15-16 - But the Lord said to him, "Go on your way, for this man is my chosen instrument to bear my name before the Gentiles and their kings, as well as to the sons of Israel. Indeed, I myself will show him what he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Judgement in favor of the defendant, atemcowboy
Reconvene with a new judge. The previous judge is delusional with narcissistic visions of granduer.

"And I said: What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said to me: Arise and go to Damascus; and there it shall be told you of all things that you must do. 11 And whereas I did not see for the brightness of that light, being led by the hand by my companions, I came to Damascus, 12 and one Ananias, a man according to the law, having testimony of all the Jews who dwelt there, 13 coming to me and standing by me, said to me: Brother Saul, look up. And I, the same hour, looked upon him. 14 But he said: The God of our fathers has preordained you that you should know his will and see the Just One and should hear the voice from his mouth. 15 For you shall be his witness to all men of those things which you have seen and heard. 16 And now why do you tarry? Rise up and be baptized and wash away your sins, invoking his name."

The Lord told St. Paul to go to Damascus and do what he was told. Ananias told him to arise and be baptized and wash away his sins.

Case closed.

Defendent has the right to start his own sect of make-it-up-as-you-go-along Prestonianism, but Christians shouldn't buy it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right off catholic answers Tony...you guys are better off than I am. Biggest bunch of crap I have ever read.

Is the Catholic who confesses his sins to a priest any better off than the non-Catholic who confesses directly to God? Yes. First, he seeks forgiveness the way Christ intended. Second, by confessing to a priest, the Catholic learns a lesson in humility, which is avoided when one confesses only through private prayer. Third, the Catholic receives sacramental graces the non-Catholic doesn’t get; through the sacrament of penance sins are forgiven and graces are obtained. Fourth, the Catholic is assured that his sins are forgiven; he does not have to rely on a subjective "feeling." Lastly, the Catholic can also obtain sound advice on avoiding sin in the future.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fourth, the Catholic is assured that his sins are forgiven;
Assured that your sins are forgiven only by going to a priest??? Absolute lie from the pit of Hell.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lastly, the Catholic can also obtain sound advice on avoiding sin in the future.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Second, by confessing to a priest, the Catholic learns a lesson in humility

This one is funny....

Christ is the greatest example of humility...read God's Word but we can learn a lesson in humility from a priest.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?
*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?
*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)
*Sure you do
"*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?"

Changing the question Chuck? Your lie was that we believe we are saved by our parents faith.

"*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)"

Your lie was that we go to a sinner for forgiveness of our sins. Our sins are forgivven by God.

"*Sure you do"

That's a lie. There is not one single teaching in all of Catholicism that says we are to glorify Mary over Jesus.

Again, you may feel secure in your new found organization with lots of people cheering you on, but the Lord knows who's lying and who's not.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I posted those words a few minutes before you and there is nothing in the words of Jesus telling ananias to baptise Paul so if you would tell me that they are there, i could assume that you are as dumb as anthony.
anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus,
AND THESE ARE THE WORDS OF ANANIAS, NOT JESUS .PRETTY PLAIN TO ME.LOL
He was told he would be instucred on what to do are you that dense.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right off catholic answers Tony...you guys are better off than I am. Biggest bunch of crap I have ever read.
Is the Catholic who confesses his sins to a priest any better off than the non-Catholic who confesses directly to God? Yes. First, he seeks forgiveness the way Christ intended. Second, by confessing to a priest, the Catholic learns a lesson in humility, which is avoided when one confesses only through private prayer. Third, the Catholic receives sacramental graces the non-Catholic doesn’t get; through the sacrament of penance sins are forgiven and graces are obtained. Fourth, the Catholic is assured that his sins are forgiven; he does not have to rely on a subjective "feeling." Lastly, the Catholic can also obtain sound advice on avoiding sin in the future.
"Biggest bunch of crap I have ever read."

You're really on a roll today Chuck. You lack Christian charity. What's the name of the organization who's behind your fine performance?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••