Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,430
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#420875 Feb 8, 2013
I find it interesting that some out there can not face the truth. They would rather place mean icons on responses instead of gathering info. and figuring out for themselves.
Bunch of spoiled brats out there. Whaaa...

Hope everyone has lots of fun today.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420877 Feb 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think it would be interesting if the Pope came here.
And there is a lot of people Regina who would think nothing about taking a poke at him.
He has allowed a lot of hate to brew up over the years.
Allowing his colleges to abuse children and fellow priest under him. He enabled them to continue hurt innocent children,
(
(but the heck with them, as long as the church continues on we will just shut our mouth and hide the truth from the world, if the victim says anything we will punish him and make it look like it was his fault for enticing the abuser, is that the way you think Regina).
If the pope came on this forum, ReginaM. would lead the catholic brigade in posting 100 times an hour to the pope telling him how good she has been, how often she goes to church, that she knows all the scriptures and canon laws, that she bakes muffins in with her church group and the non catholics are stuck in sola scriptura..........and the pope would say,.....SO!

Where is Michael, I would rather talk to him.(lol)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420878 Feb 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so....and you know it...because I showed you: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
It do not say: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the first born Son of God.
gehen Sie weg.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420879 Feb 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The you are not "Christian" - as you must "stay firm in your belief".
"Heretic" alert!
:o)
NASL

Sorry. You are misquoting the Bible. It is probably due to your belief in your beliefs that is the problem....One is not told to stay firm in their beliefs....That would mean one would cease to learn.

One is called to stand firm in faith in various N.T. scriptures.(1 Cor 16:13, 1 Peter 5:9) There is a major difference between faith and belief.

The confusion can come in when one does not understand the difference of to "believe in" and "believe that", as well...
John Brown

Piedmont, OK

#420880 Feb 8, 2013
I seen a post where it said years ago people lived longer and they thought it was because of a shorter calender wth the air was cleaner food was better they probably lived by the law....

Yep that's right 613 laws of peace and love that the roman catholick church done away with.

just like they hid the name changed the sabbath changed the feast days for pagan holidays....
John Brown

Piedmont, OK

#420881 Feb 8, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
I find it interesting that some out there can not face the truth. They would rather place mean icons on responses instead of gathering info. and figuring out for themselves.
Face the truth these sheeple run from the truth as in Yahweh is not a god the truth how the roman catholick church is the woman the beast that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.

how she is with out a teacher but for satan.

how she changed the laws the sabbath.......
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420882 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
gehen Sie weg.
UNECHT!!......

Auffliegen!...(busted!)

Location hidden

#420883 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
What a pleasure it is to watch you deliver a criticism with such love and caring. We should all take a lesson.
Anthony MN

He so easily reflects the weakness in ourselves that he provides himself as a mirror to my own faults. So I try and go easy on him, even though he says some really obnoxious things.

Another way to put it is that he puts his thoughts out, saying he WOULD accept being proved wrong, and then won't reconsider his thoughts....

Its like preston saying "I will go to the store to buy some groceries.", but when he gets to the store, he doesn't get the groceries, and comes home without any....Thus he wastes his time, and effort is his own sanctification with God....

Its easy to pick on preston, he is like us all....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420884 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't convince anyone Chuck. You're not an authority.
Its like Canada trying to convince America, that the word 'Union' in the Constitution means 'Mexico too'.
The Bible wasn't given to everyone for 'figuring out their own Christianity.
Its ridiculous to come along 1800 yrs later and change things, based on a word written 2,000 yrs ago.
No I'm not an authority but I do need your opinion.

Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks

Gen 44 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain

Gen 4:17 Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch

*As I have said to Tony 5 times, I'll I need is a Yes or No.
*And please spare me the "I'm not an authority so I would answer". I'm just looking for your opinion.thanks
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420885 Feb 8, 2013
John Brown wrote:
I seen a post where it said years ago people lived longer and they thought it was because of a shorter calender wth the air was cleaner food was better they probably lived by the law....
Yep that's right 613 laws of peace and love that the roman catholick church done away with.
just like they hid the name changed the sabbath changed the feast days for pagan holidays....
Fresh air and campfire food don't ad up to living to be 935 years old. I doubt anyone back then could count past 10, yet they claim they know higher numbers. We have kids in high school TODAY that can't count past 10....(lol)

Talking snakes, talking donkeys, walking on water, bringing dead people back to life. Why does none of that neat stuff happen today? Why? Because everyone back in the day were simpletons and believed what everyone else said, and today 2013 we still have people swearing what happened back then was all true.(lol)

Location hidden

#420886 Feb 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mindless prattle changes nothing in these words:
734 665
On this matter...it is not what I think your religion teaches...it is what I know it teaches...and on this matter I fully agree with them..
Then this does not apply to you: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Oxbow

Non sequtir

Your two statements are not connected. You are saying something like "I know your religion(Implied, you do not know yourself) So the grass is green and this doesn't apply to you....

You haven't connected my religion to your statement," Then this doesn't apply to you...."

You need to clarify with the rest of a syllogism of some kind. You are leaving two majors without a minor, in terms of logic....
John Brown

Piedmont, OK

#420887 Feb 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Fresh air and campfire food don't ad up to living to be 935 years old. I doubt anyone back then could count past 10, yet they claim they know higher numbers. We have kids in high school TODAY that can't count past 10....(lol)
Talking snakes, talking donkeys, walking on water, bringing dead people back to life. Why does none of that neat stuff happen today? Why? Because everyone back in the day were simpletons and believed what everyone else said, and today 2013 we still have people swearing what happened back then was all true.(lol)
so true but we have not been very great care takers of the earth.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420888 Feb 8, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you do some research yourself. Catholic encyclopedia on line is a good beginning. Yes Joseph was up in age, during this time in our history it wasn't unusual for people to live 100+ yrs. It may have something to do with the calendar at that time.
I do no lie for this is a sin.
there is not much written in scripture of Joseph. the last was when Jesus escaped from Mary and Joseph, they searched for him for 3 days and found him in temple preaching to the high priests there. Why they didn't look for him there first, I don't know. Anyway this is the last of him in scriptures. It's believed he past away after that but what better way to go than to be close to Mary and Jesus.
Joseph was a Just, God fearing and loving man. When the angle came to tell him about king Herod and his scheme to kill 2yr old and younger boys through out town, the angle told Joseph to get out of town. Joseph did just that, he went to Northern Africa, when the king was gone and no more killing of the children, an angel appeared to Joseph again to tell him he could go back home. This is when he packed up his family again and went to Nazerath (my sp,is bad, i know).
Hate is a horrible thing. You can hate brocolli, spinach, etc. but one should not hate another one of God's children. If you hate stupidity, perhaps you shouldn't look in the mirror.
Trust in God.
if youcontinue to scroll down after I made that psot you will see that I found this spurious info that you posted, and teh article and link speaks of this not being a very factual truth.

and yes , she is getting to be a very attractive young lady(sorry for that bad lightin). her vocabulary is slow to come around and we have taken her to speech therapy. she understands words, but speaking them are another thing. for me, she can say papaw, but for some reason she calls my wife babaw. she is behind but she will catch up

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420889 Feb 8, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
I just laugh because I know that I speak the truth and it hits a sore nerve.

so to let you know, I may disagree with you and/or your doctrine, but I dont hide behind those icons. in fact as i said, for some reason my browser will not allow me to use them. and my spelling words is atrocious, for some reason, when I try and correct it, my letters begin to disappear, and I have to delete every thing in the sentence
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#420890 Feb 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
From the NABre pope approved Catholic Bible...regards Mt 16:18
Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation.That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
You don't believe the teaching in your own Bible???!!!!!
Peter is not the solid foundation. Peter's *confession* of Jesus being the Messiah the Son of God was the rock being referred to in Matt. 16:18.
Eph. 2:20 later tells us that the church is built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ being the chief cornerstone.

The church is referred to in many occasions. For instance: Acts. 11:26, Rom. 16:16, 1. Cor. 1:2, Eph. 5:23..........
Pad

Rockford, IL

#420891 Feb 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You say, "Knew is sexual relations." Thank you! The men of Sodom did not seek marital relations. The End.
As for your conclusions that she was not ready yet and had other children that is not proven in the bible period. Until is not an argument based on what it means when used in the bible. I presented enough texts to prove that. Where does the bible say Mary knew Joseph before or after or any man?
It is quite obvious that Mary and Joseph being a M a r r i e d couple would have had children together.If you assume otherwise,than you of course are only promoting the Catholic worship of Mary as a holy Icon who was untouched by Joseph the Man her Husband. I see a simple dysfunction in your mindset,that is not your fault but the fault of centuries of distortion and abuse of the role of Mary in regards to her Son,and her relationship with God in general.

You want to believe Mary was the first cloistered NUN,that is fine with me.I really don't care Dust Storm,it does not change my worship of the Living God,in His Son and throught the Power of the Holy Spirit.Mary is blessed,and she IS a human being like every other woman,She was not some rare species to be used for the only purpose of bearing a Holy Child. But a W o m a n,and married to a M a n,named Joseph.The ordinary given the extraordinary J e s u s.Jesus is the only extraordinary here not Joseph and Mary.The Bible focuses on Jesus,because He is Emmanuel,He is the glory of God who became flesh and dwelt amongst us.Not Joseph, or M a r y.What diminishes Mary is placing her on a pedestal she never belonged on to begin with,nor did she ask to be on.

We are not called to worship anyone but the Godhead.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#420892 Feb 8, 2013
Is the Papacy a Divine Institution?

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#420893 Feb 8, 2013
The origin and history of Catholocism

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#420894 Feb 8, 2013
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#420895 Feb 8, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web