Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646512 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#421063 Feb 8, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#421064 Feb 8, 2013
Holy Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>You are ready to write your manifesto......titled: Rantings of a lunaticcccccccccccccccccc!!!!! !!!!!
The Bible is the manifesto...and JESUS said of it

TO THE DEVIL..AND TO YOU..

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,

It is written,

Man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

AND AGAIN

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying,

It is written,

That man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word of God.

(DIFFERENT TRANSLATION

JESUS SAID

MAN SHALL NOT FIND LIFE BY THE HOST AND THE FRUIT OF THE VINE ALONE

BUT HE MUST INCLUDE THE WORD OF GOD...

~~~~

Col 3:16 -->Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;

teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed,

do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421065 Feb 8, 2013
http://www.google.com.au/search...
we have everything over us
time to time
come and gone
come and gone
its look nice
yes

do you judge us

yes you are
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#421066 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, a few yrs before Christianity was legalized by Constantine, Christians were heavily persecuted. The Empire gathered many many sacred Christian writings and burned them. Who knows what was in those writings.
Its a good bet, the CC would have added 50 books to the Bible, instead of 27. Perhaps there was a letter or two from Paul describing in detail, Mary being Assumed into Heaven. Maybe he witnessed it himself.
Some writings that did survive the brutal Roman persecution were put into a scriptural canon by the Catholic Church in 400 AD. That's the New Testament you have today. Its been given a different meaning by you guys. But to the Catholic and Orthodox, it is the same meaning it was when they compiled the books.
Clay ; a good bet, perhaps, and all the maybe's in the word .
Can not be accepted for the truth.
The Catholic church wants us to assume, a lot of things.
If Mary did ascend into Heaven, something that important would have been written somewhere in the N.T.
It is not, nothing not one word to even hint at the fact. That Mary was going to be crowned Queen of Heaven , that we could pray to her for anything and she would be a mediator between us and Jesus.
Its not there, In the N.T. or the O.T.
Jesus' birth was prophecied, that he was going to be born to a virgin,(but nothing about her going to be a virgin forever or be crowned Queen of Heaven.) John the Baptist, he was prophecied about as one crying in the wildreness, even what he would be wearing,
But not one word about Jesus' Mother being coming Queen of Heaven.

However there is a warning about the one they call Queen of Heaven and woe to all who bow to her. IN the O.T..
Time to grow up Clay ,your immature because the catholic church has dwarfed your spiritual growth .
truth

Perth, Australia

#421067 Feb 8, 2013
you can see all love there
you don't liked my rosary
no why should be

is very expensive have that
yes it is so expensive
as well not nice see rosary today

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421068 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church determined the New Testament canon in the 4th and 5th century. Most of those Books are in your Bible.(Luther removed 7 from the OT)
Is there really any more argument? Your opinion on what the Bible is, is flawed from the get go. Its made up by men, 1500 yrs after Jesus. Do you understand that?
just to give you some advice. you are way over your head if you wish to take on "concerned"
truth

Perth, Australia

#421069 Feb 8, 2013
see vine
you liked liter rosemaunt vine=Rosewealth and Mauwealth

Are you for sure i am wrong?

last week is been like this
always when i cry ..come and gone

trough my son is look like this come and gone

did you judge us
o yes why not
when you judging you can be rich
timmoty say its all about money

Are you for sure i am wrong

you liked rosemaunt vine
rose=wealth
mau-wealth

please tell me why i am wrong
truth

Perth, Australia

#421070 Feb 8, 2013
my tears go now too
when i read all of you
its very hard converted someone

did you say demons is holy ghost
no no no
you are wrong
666zoo

Kansas City, MO

#421071 Feb 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is the manifesto...and JESUS said of it
TO THE DEVIL..AND TO YOU..
Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,
It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
AND AGAIN
Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying,
It is written,
That man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word of God.
(DIFFERENT TRANSLATION
JESUS SAID
MAN SHALL NOT FIND LIFE BY THE HOST AND THE FRUIT OF THE VINE ALONE
BUT HE MUST INCLUDE THE WORD OF GOD...
~~~~
Col 3:16 -->Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;
teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
We are coming..........in your dreams..........
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421072 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>just to give you some advice. you are way over your head if you wish to take on "concerned"
Ah, I don't think so Preston. If that post from "concerned" is any indication of anything... Its that of just another ignorant fundie. I'm on the side of truth and that's a great feeling. I won't run or make up a fantasy scenario like you guys.

Again, your whole premise is built on a lie (sola scripture). You're gambling with that? Do you realize how much logic you need to forgo just to believe it? You can't prove from scripture that Christ ever taught it. Yet, we can prove from historic fact that man made it up a few hundred yrs ago!! And you say I'm getting in way over MY head?? Lol.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#421073 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church determined the New Testament canon in the 4th and 5th century. Most of those Books are in your Bible.(Luther removed 7 from the OT)
Is there really any more argument? Your opinion on what the Bible is, is flawed from the get go. Its made up by men, 1500 yrs after Jesus. Do you understand that?
Claypool, We agree with you on the twenty-seven books of the NT.

This is a settled issue, Solo-Scripture, remember?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#421074 Feb 8, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Clay
You make a lot of presumptions in your post that flat out false.
You imply writings were lost.
Apparently you Doubt the power of God when he states Heaven Hell will pass away but not one stroke of my word.
YOU See Clay God maintains his word independently of Men or Institutions.
YOU See God is not dependent on anything or anyone to maintain his word or his will.
Now if you choose to study early Christian History the first 300 years in fact the first 200 from 33 AD to 200 AD you will see that we can reconstruct the whole of the NT just from the writings of the Church Fathers quoting the NT books as Scripture, with out even having a copy of these books.
That is a fact.
There are also over 5000+ Ancient Manuscripts of the Bible we can compare to today as well.
some more facts the Bible was confirmed by the councils, I.E. they acknowledge that which the early church fathers and early church Christians had already recognized as scripture (the word of God) they did not decide it was scripture then they only stated the what had been obviously used as scripture for the past 300 years.
The first Councils did not have a Pope of Popes as the RCC has today it was a vote of Bishops all equal no Pope gave the final say as it is today with the RCC
When the NT was codified at the Councils the RCC the institution you belong to now NEVER EXISTED it has been made up since then.
Truth Matters the RCC is not the one true church the Bible shows us so.
"you make allot of presumptions in your post that are flat out false"

Oh? The last and most severe persecution of Christians happened 10 yrs before the Edict of Milan legalized Christianity.
Emperor Diocletian on February 23, 303 AD, ordered the newly built Christian Church at Nicodemia be destroyed, and its scriptures burned. The next day (February 24th) he issued an edict ordering the destruction of all Christian scriptures, Liturgical books and places of worship across the entire Roman Empire.
Wikipedia.org/wiki/diocletian_persecution

So lets see.... Christian scriptures were probably important to the faithful in 303 AD. No? It could have been in a real sense, part of their Bible. No?

The conspiracy Christian will make themselves believe that the books that did survive, were all that God wanted - so He could later reveal its meanings to the Evangelicals 1500 yrs later I suppose.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#421075 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad good friend
Just my view on Apostolic Succession here....
The split of Orthodox and Rome was of a spiritual, and temporal one. Spiritually, there was more a mystical quality in the Orthodox, and they wanted to preserve it. Rome was hierarchical, and wanted to preserve it.
It is difficult for a mystical quality authority to co-ordinate and lead. And so the area of Constantinople weakened itself when they left the authority of Rome, and suffered ever since.(That is not to say they were wrong, merely that they have suffered.) Over the years, various Middle Eastern influences seperated the Orthodox and Roman authorities, but these have gone their courses, and may soon end in reconciliation. It is always a hope.
The course of Protestantism has been in serious decline. And the newer evangelical and neo-reformists have emerged. But at what cost? Preserving a small "select" group of believers(churches), for a generation or two, as opposed to becoming part of the "universal" Church. It would seem better to me that a renewal of faith be directed toward the "universal"(catholic ) Church, rather than remaining seperated....
Robert, I am posting these links in the hope that you will read them carefully for your edification.

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a87.htm Apostolic Succession

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a31.htm The Ministerial Priesthood

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a80.htm The Church always had Monarchal Bishops
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421076 Feb 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
No one has to twist or pervert the truth to prove your Constantine-sm wrong
Confrinting--your mind, heart and soul is so anti-catholic perverted and polluted in the bondage of hostility, that you will "frantically, say or do (anything) in order to attack our Catholic Faith!! What you fail to realize is that "it won't work! NO CATHOLIC---Not one of us---or ANY OF THE 1.168 Billion CATHOLICS around the world are listening to your "trash talking"--phoney history lesson regarding Constantine!!
Manipulating, distorting, mis-interpreting and mis-quoting of the "true meaning" of Gods word, is all that you have "EVER DONE" from the very first day that you came on this forum!..... "EVERY VERSE THAT YOU LIST" is based on one thing, and one thing only!!(Your personal anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and hatred toward Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church! THIS IS THE ONLY THING YOU KNOW!! This is the ONLY thing that your bible only Ministry is grounded in!!!! Hate toward other Christians, their personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ and the Churches they worship in--especially Catholics.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421077 Feb 8, 2013
cancer line 66

As you created Heaven and Earth
as come will be gone too
in name of Jesus Christ
''kako bilo tako pocelo i tako zavrsilo''=Jesus Christ

Earth swear to Heaven not will be secret.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#421078 Feb 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Claypool, We agree with you on the twenty-seven books of the NT.
This is a settled issue, Solo-Scripture, remember?
Following are twenty-one considerations which will help the reader scrutinize Luther’s doctrine of Sola Scriptura from Biblical, historical and logical bases and which show that it is not in fact a genuine Biblical truth, but rather a man-made doctrine.

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...

See Dave Armstrong 100 biblical arguments against sola scripture

See Robert Sungenis Not By Faith Alone

Do you believe that the Gospel of Matthew is the inspired Word of God? Okay. If so, how do you know that it is? How do you know that Matthew authored it? Does Matthew's Gospel claim to be inspired? Does it even claim that Matthew authored it? Does any other book of Scripture tell us how Matthew's Gospel came about? Okay, then. Why do you accept that it's inspired? Why do you accept that it's authored by Matthew and/or comes from him?

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a22.htm

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421080 Feb 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then was Paul baptized? Why was Jesus baptized? Jesus did tell us to go into all of the world and baptize...
AMEN !!!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#421081 Feb 9, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad good friend
Just my view on Apostolic Succession here....
The split of Orthodox and Rome was of a spiritual, and temporal one. Spiritually, there was more a mystical quality in the Orthodox, and they wanted to preserve it. Rome was hierarchical, and wanted to preserve it.
It is difficult for a mystical quality authority to co-ordinate and lead. And so the area of Constantinople weakened itself when they left the authority of Rome, and suffered ever since.(That is not to say they were wrong, merely that they have suffered.) Over the years, various Middle Eastern influences seperated the Orthodox and Roman authorities, but these have gone their courses, and may soon end in reconciliation. It is always a hope.
The course of Protestantism has been in serious decline. And the newer evangelical and neo-reformists have emerged. But at what cost? Preserving a small "select" group of believers(churches), for a generation or two, as opposed to becoming part of the "universal" Church. It would seem better to me that a renewal of faith be directed toward the "universal"(catholic ) Church, rather than remaining seperated....
I really wonder why Catholics are so sure that their organization is the only one?Protestants may be in serious decline,but the church that is immersed in the Spirit still lives and the TESTIMONY is alive and well.

The whole Body of Christ is suffering from the assault daily of being in this W O R L D.God did not give to the church a new fresh look at the world,but a focus of what He wants for the Church in regards to Christ.

The World never ceases to disvalue the role of the Church in relationship to the souls of men and women in need of Salvation.All need to be saved,and only JESUS can complete Himself through His people."Many are called,few are chosen."It is not God's plan to only use one facet of the Church,but to proclaim liberty to captives by means of the whole Body.

If each segment of the Church begins to fall short,it is not because they have a fraction of truth,but because they have allowed their eyes to focus on this World rather than the Master.It is not a matter of what we joined,but Whom we joined into.The Lord Jesus gives the Roll Call,and if we respond,than we are chosen to continue to make a difference in this present World.

I find partiality to church preference ill-sought when people look to that preference rather than to the Master Himself.We can exalt our church all we want,but it takes Faith to live out what JESUS said"He who does the Will of My Father is my brother,sister and mother."

I respect your walk with Christ regardless of your affiliation.It makes no difference to me that you attend a RCCh,but it does make a difference to God if you are listening to His Son.

Protestantism fails for one reason only,not because someone says it is Babel,but rather that it takes its eyes off of the GOAL who is JESUS.

ARE we to think that eventually our church affiliation will make us savvy to the Kingdom of God? If so,than we miss the opportunity to hear His voice rather than to seek to find out the kingdom of God in our church organization. The Church is the bride of Christ,not the Kingdom of God our Father.

It is the Spiritual Manna from Heaven that will keep us going ,not our interpretation of what Communion is or is not.Baptism is for those who repent of their sins and follow Christ,can a n infant rightly make that decision? Of course not.We are not to seek initiation,but to understand that In Christ we have our being and are s a v e d,baptism spiritually brings us to acknowledge His Burial.

But who can argue these points? You believe that your church which teaches us those things we ultimately reject like infant baptism,is the only true church.Our response to the Word of God is to:believe,repent and be baptized.So much more to face as mature people the truth:To make that decision!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#421082 Feb 9, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Aposolic Succession.
Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.
A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.
A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
The Communion of the Saints.
The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.
The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.
I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.
Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.
But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.
I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.
LOTS of them.
But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.
Rob
It would be so nice to know exactly what is wrong with being born again,(believing,repenting,and being baptized),knowing that Christ is our all-sufficiency? Having a TESTIMONY of what Christ has done in our lives,being in fellowship with many believers who have similar testimonies and to pray with them,experience the Holy Spirit in worship,and so on.

I do not believe that RCs realize that we have these things I mentioned and that the Bible confirms them,and we live accordingly. It is my experience that Christians in many places,Believe-Repent and are baptized,and continue to live their lives in Christ,knowing His voice through the Spiritual life.When I have traveled years ago,Christians in Wales,Britain,Viet Nam,Thailand,Canada and in Mexico for starters all had similar testimonies as to who and what Christ is.Believers and their congregations do the same things everywhere.

Bibles are read,pastors expound on what is taught in Scripture,hymns and songs are sung to the glory of God,worship is the same wherever one goes.The only difference is the language if it is not of course English.

The same good works are done in Belgium within evangelical communities as are done with believers in Singapore.The poor are fed,clothed,and loved,and given the heartfelt message to turn to Christ who will change a person and give them life eternal.

The Authority is that basic trust in JESUS who is the only authority concerning His relationship with His Father in glory.No one knows the Father as Jesus does,and vice versa. Through the Holy Spirit Jesus is revealed to us,and in the teachings of Jesus as confirmed through Scripture,the Father is known to us as well.

Authority comes through the Person of Jesus Christ,we trust and love Him,and He uses us as vessels to serve and love Him,and that is shed abroad to others around us,by the Holy Spirit,and our obedience to the Spirit of Truth.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#421083 Feb 9, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Aposolic Succession.
Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.
A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.
A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
The Communion of the Saints.
The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.
The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.
I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.
Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.
But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.
I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.
LOTS of them.
But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.
Rob
ACTUALLY father Rob,you reject us more than we reject you.It is that simple.Your calling yourself Catholic does not make you anymore a Christian,than my calling myself a Catholic makes me a Christian.

As a Roman Catholic you reject us because you believe that we do not have the authority of Christ at all,but perhaps you think we have the crumbs that fell to the floor for the dogs to eat.In order to be a true Catholic in your teaching,one must be a Roman Catholic.The Orthodox,Anglicans and Lutherans would refute that would'nt they?

Many protestants and evangelicals through the years have said in fact they are C a t h o l i c,but not Roman Catholic.Well what is the point of saying I am a Catholic if I do not adhere to the Papacy? I reject the concept of what Roman Catholics view as Catholic,more so than I actually feel about the word Catholic itself. Being Catholic does not bother me,but I can never really be one because I basically reject being a Roman Catholic.

Being part of the UNIVERSAL body of Christ is a given when we believe,repent of our sins,and are baptized into the Godhead(Father/Son and Holy Spirit).But if calling oneself Catholic is that important,it will soon be frivolous if oneself decides that they cannot be a Roman Catholic.Is there such a criter as a Catholic,who is not Roman Catholic?

If you say the Orthodox are Catholics,that may be true,but yet you say also that the Anglicans,Methodists,Lutherans ,and Reformed are not Catholics.

It is a term that can be refuted for hours,but yet it is meaningless to Christians who have no stake in becoming Roman Catholic. Wesleyan Methodists,who are very evangelical,in their CREED(Apostle's),say Christian and Holy Catholic Church.Most evangelicals do not even recite the Apostle's creed.YET they acknowledge every ounce of faith in the Living God,His Son,and the Holy Spirit,the communion of all saints,not just the ones canonized by the RC tradition.

We can argue till the cows come home authority and titles,but it all boils down to the simple message of the Gospel,to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.GRACE is what God uses to save us,and faith is the impetus to do such,we cannot save ourselves.If we could than the Cross is in Vain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 24 Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web