Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685653 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421049 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Sorry. You are misquoting the Bible. It is probably due to your belief in your beliefs that is the problem....One is not told to stay firm in their beliefs....That would mean one would cease to learn.
One is called to stand firm in faith in various N.T. scriptures.(1 Cor 16:13, 1 Peter 5:9) There is a major difference between faith and belief.
The confusion can come in when one does not understand the difference of to "believe in" and "believe that", as well...
Of course you want to point out the error, even when it doesn't exist.

Isaiah 7:9
"If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."
- as the old prophet spoke of your "God".

One can "stand firm in their belief" of "God" [aka Jesus in some eyes], but also one must stay firm in that faith of the belief.

Move past the words, and understand their meanings.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#421050 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"that word is very obscure and could mean very little or very much."
"and ananias added the Bapisting part on his own since Jesus never mentioned it"
Lol. And St. Paul forgot to tell Ananias to not bother with the baptism 'cause he already got saved and he didn't feel like gettin' wet.
More Prestonianism.
~~~
I HAVE REFUSED TO ARGUE DOCTRINE WITH YOU CONSTANTIANS..
I SEE NOT REASON TO DISCUSS YOUR CONSTANTIN-ISM
DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS NO REASON FOR IT'S EXISTENCE IN THE SCRIPTURE...
I REJECT THE WHOLE FACADE...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#421051 Feb 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I hope Kay is doing well.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421052 Feb 8, 2013
last week stigmata on both hand in middle is been visible..now is gone..
left feet..horrible..no no i am ok perfect..my mind yesterday is been clear modern then ever..we have many guardians around us visible and not visible..o yes even not visible we can fill or hear..

Location hidden

#421053 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"that word is very obscure and could mean very little or very much."
"and ananias added the Bapisting part on his own since Jesus never mentioned it"
Lol. And St. Paul forgot to tell Ananias to not bother with the baptism 'cause he already got saved and he didn't feel like gettin' wet.
More Prestonianism.
I dont have a problem with Paul being Baptised. All of us should be baptised after we accept Jesus as our Lord, as Paul did on that road to Damascus.

the bottom line is that I refuse to allow people to lie about what Jesus said or didnt say and He never told Ananias to Baptise Paul, which is why you couldnt prove it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421055 Feb 8, 2013
marks over wrist is still visible red..
tears=so acidic

tear just one drop over wrist..ziva rana
''you not forget your tears Jesus
truth

Perth, Australia

#421057 Feb 8, 2013
do you judge me
pray for your enemy
as yourself
Holy Ghost

Kansas City, MO

#421058 Feb 8, 2013
confronting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are ready to write your manifesto......titled: Rantings of a lunaticcccccccccccccccccc!!!!! !!!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#421059 Feb 8, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Clay
You make a lot of presumptions in your post that flat out false.
You imply writings were lost.
Apparently you Doubt the power of God when he states Heaven Hell will pass away but not one stroke of my word.
YOU See Clay God maintains his word independently of Men or Institutions.
YOU See God is not dependent on anything or anyone to maintain his word or his will.
Now if you choose to study early Christian History the first 300 years in fact the first 200 from 33 AD to 200 AD you will see that we can reconstruct the whole of the NT just from the writings of the Church Fathers quoting the NT books as Scripture, with out even having a copy of these books.
That is a fact.
There are also over 5000+ Ancient Manuscripts of the Bible we can compare to today as well.
some more facts the Bible was confirmed by the councils, I.E. they acknowledge that which the early church fathers and early church Christians had already recognized as scripture (the word of God) they did not decide it was scripture then they only stated the what had been obviously used as scripture for the past 300 years.
The first Councils did not have a Pope of Popes as the RCC has today it was a vote of Bishops all equal no Pope gave the final say as it is today with the RCC
When the NT was codified at the Councils the RCC the institution you belong to now NEVER EXISTED it has been made up since then.
Truth Matters the RCC is not the one true church the Bible shows us so.
The Roman Catholic Church determined the New Testament canon in the 4th and 5th century. Most of those Books are in your Bible.(Luther removed 7 from the OT)
Is there really any more argument? Your opinion on what the Bible is, is flawed from the get go. Its made up by men, 1500 yrs after Jesus. Do you understand that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#421060 Feb 8, 2013
tears as acid
do you liked try one
if not why not..
did you forget who save you all
truth

Perth, Australia

#421061 Feb 8, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#421062 Feb 8, 2013
every ghost is not holy..who declare you to be holy..
many demons exist as well angels but fall ..

only his name command out

do you liked scourge people..do you liked be blue
i am i been liked that

do you judge me
o yes you judge me
do you judge him
o yes you judge
every they you judge
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
truth

Perth, Australia

#421063 Feb 8, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#421064 Feb 8, 2013
Holy Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>You are ready to write your manifesto......titled: Rantings of a lunaticcccccccccccccccccc!!!!! !!!!!
The Bible is the manifesto...and JESUS said of it

TO THE DEVIL..AND TO YOU..

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,

It is written,

Man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

AND AGAIN

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying,

It is written,

That man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word of God.

(DIFFERENT TRANSLATION

JESUS SAID

MAN SHALL NOT FIND LIFE BY THE HOST AND THE FRUIT OF THE VINE ALONE

BUT HE MUST INCLUDE THE WORD OF GOD...

~~~~

Col 3:16 -->Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;

teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed,

do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421065 Feb 8, 2013
http://www.google.com.au/search...
we have everything over us
time to time
come and gone
come and gone
its look nice
yes

do you judge us

yes you are
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#421066 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, a few yrs before Christianity was legalized by Constantine, Christians were heavily persecuted. The Empire gathered many many sacred Christian writings and burned them. Who knows what was in those writings.
Its a good bet, the CC would have added 50 books to the Bible, instead of 27. Perhaps there was a letter or two from Paul describing in detail, Mary being Assumed into Heaven. Maybe he witnessed it himself.
Some writings that did survive the brutal Roman persecution were put into a scriptural canon by the Catholic Church in 400 AD. That's the New Testament you have today. Its been given a different meaning by you guys. But to the Catholic and Orthodox, it is the same meaning it was when they compiled the books.
Clay ; a good bet, perhaps, and all the maybe's in the word .
Can not be accepted for the truth.
The Catholic church wants us to assume, a lot of things.
If Mary did ascend into Heaven, something that important would have been written somewhere in the N.T.
It is not, nothing not one word to even hint at the fact. That Mary was going to be crowned Queen of Heaven , that we could pray to her for anything and she would be a mediator between us and Jesus.
Its not there, In the N.T. or the O.T.
Jesus' birth was prophecied, that he was going to be born to a virgin,(but nothing about her going to be a virgin forever or be crowned Queen of Heaven.) John the Baptist, he was prophecied about as one crying in the wildreness, even what he would be wearing,
But not one word about Jesus' Mother being coming Queen of Heaven.

However there is a warning about the one they call Queen of Heaven and woe to all who bow to her. IN the O.T..
Time to grow up Clay ,your immature because the catholic church has dwarfed your spiritual growth .
truth

Perth, Australia

#421067 Feb 8, 2013
you can see all love there
you don't liked my rosary
no why should be

is very expensive have that
yes it is so expensive
as well not nice see rosary today

Location hidden

#421068 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church determined the New Testament canon in the 4th and 5th century. Most of those Books are in your Bible.(Luther removed 7 from the OT)
Is there really any more argument? Your opinion on what the Bible is, is flawed from the get go. Its made up by men, 1500 yrs after Jesus. Do you understand that?
just to give you some advice. you are way over your head if you wish to take on "concerned"
truth

Perth, Australia

#421069 Feb 8, 2013
see vine
you liked liter rosemaunt vine=Rosewealth and Mauwealth

Are you for sure i am wrong?

last week is been like this
always when i cry ..come and gone

trough my son is look like this come and gone

did you judge us
o yes why not
when you judging you can be rich
timmoty say its all about money

Are you for sure i am wrong

you liked rosemaunt vine
rose=wealth
mau-wealth

please tell me why i am wrong
truth

Perth, Australia

#421070 Feb 8, 2013
my tears go now too
when i read all of you
its very hard converted someone

did you say demons is holy ghost
no no no
you are wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web