Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653894 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420981 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
are you talking about christians or catholics?
and what did I lie about?
Catholics aren't Christians right Chuck? Lie and/or ignorance #1.

Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?"

We believe we are saved by God's grace, not through our parents faith.

Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."

The priest dosn't forgive our sins.

Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."

We don't glorify Mary. We don't glorify any creature. We glorify only God.

Lie #5 "He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?"

The Eucharist isn't a cracker.

Chuck, you may think you're being cute, and I don't know what kind of organization you've joined, but they're feeding you lies and I hope you're not putting your eternal soul at stake.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420982 Feb 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
First you say "THANKS MICHAEL".......and just like ANTHONY you start building up hatred steam inside, and by your last sentence you are dumping on me again.
that is not very nice....
You've been "dumping" your anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and hatred on us Catholics and on Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic
Church----(ever since) you came on this forum!! You are right---
"that is not very nice.....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420983 Feb 8, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought previous post stated 1965. doesn't matter yr., at this stage of game, my dates get screwy also. Take care my friend.
yeah, you are mixed up but a person that tells the truthdoesnt get mixed up. you can go back 5 years and read my posts and they will read the same.

so let me refresh your memory, back in 65, I saw Jesus, in 1982, Aug. in fact, I was saved.
Guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420984 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, there is a rebuttal in every case. those are the words that jesus spoke to paul.
NOT THE WORDS THAT JESUS SPOKE TO ANANIAS.
OVERRULED. INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.
now the words spoken to ananias from Jesus.
9:10 - Now in Damascus there was a disciple by the name of Ananias. The Lord spoke to this man in a dream. calling him by his name. "I am here, Lord," he replied.
9:11-12 - Then the Lord said to him, "Get up and go down to the street called Straight, and enquire at the house of Judas for a man named Saul from Tarsus. At this moment he is praying and he sees in his mind's eye a man by the name of Ananias coming into the house, and placing his hands upon him to restore his sight."
9:13-14 - But Ananias replied, "Lord, I have heard on all hands about this man and how much harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem! Why even now he holds powers from the chief priests to arrest all who call upon your name."
9:15-16 - But the Lord said to him, "Go on your way, for this man is my chosen instrument to bear my name before the Gentiles and their kings, as well as to the sons of Israel. Indeed, I myself will show him what he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Judgement in favor of the defendant, atemcowboy
Acts 10

14And he said, The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see that Just One, and should hear the voice of his mouth.

15For you shall be his witness unto all men of what you have seen and heard.

16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420985 Feb 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 22:10
And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
10And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told you all things which are appointed for you to do.
11And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
12And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews who dwelt there,
13Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive your sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
14And he said, The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see that Just One, and should hear the voice of his mouth.
15For you shall be his witness unto all men of what you have seen and heard.
16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
17And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;
18And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive your testimony concerning me.
I posted those words a few minutes before you and there is nothing in the words of Jesus telling ananias to baptise Paul so if you would tell me that they are there, i could assume that you are as dumb as anthony.

anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus,

16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
AND THESE ARE THE WORDS OF ANANIAS, NOT JESUS .PRETTY PLAIN TO ME.LOL
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420986 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics aren't Christians right Chuck? Lie and/or ignorance #1.
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?"
We believe we are saved by God's grace, not through our parents faith.
Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."
The priest dosn't forgive our sins.
Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."
We don't glorify Mary. We don't glorify any creature. We glorify only God.
Lie #5 "He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?"
The Eucharist isn't a cracker.
Chuck, you may think you're being cute, and I don't know what kind of organization you've joined, but they're feeding you lies and I hope you're not putting your eternal soul at stake.
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?

*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?

Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."

*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)

Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."

*Sure you do

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420987 Feb 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 10
14And he said, The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see that Just One, and should hear the voice of his mouth.
15For you shall be his witness unto all men of what you have seen and heard.
16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
AGAIN, THOSE ARE THE WORD OF ANANIAS TALKING TO PAUL, NOT JESUS TALKING TO ANANIAS.

KEEP UP or SHUT UP STUPID.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420988 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, there is a rebuttal in every case. those are the words that jesus spoke to paul.
NOT THE WORDS THAT JESUS SPOKE TO ANANIAS.
OVERRULED. INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.
now the words spoken to ananias from Jesus.
9:10 - Now in Damascus there was a disciple by the name of Ananias. The Lord spoke to this man in a dream. calling him by his name. "I am here, Lord," he replied.
9:11-12 - Then the Lord said to him, "Get up and go down to the street called Straight, and enquire at the house of Judas for a man named Saul from Tarsus. At this moment he is praying and he sees in his mind's eye a man by the name of Ananias coming into the house, and placing his hands upon him to restore his sight."
9:13-14 - But Ananias replied, "Lord, I have heard on all hands about this man and how much harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem! Why even now he holds powers from the chief priests to arrest all who call upon your name."
9:15-16 - But the Lord said to him, "Go on your way, for this man is my chosen instrument to bear my name before the Gentiles and their kings, as well as to the sons of Israel. Indeed, I myself will show him what he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Judgement in favor of the defendant, atemcowboy
Reconvene with a new judge. The previous judge is delusional with narcissistic visions of granduer.

"And I said: What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said to me: Arise and go to Damascus; and there it shall be told you of all things that you must do. 11 And whereas I did not see for the brightness of that light, being led by the hand by my companions, I came to Damascus, 12 and one Ananias, a man according to the law, having testimony of all the Jews who dwelt there, 13 coming to me and standing by me, said to me: Brother Saul, look up. And I, the same hour, looked upon him. 14 But he said: The God of our fathers has preordained you that you should know his will and see the Just One and should hear the voice from his mouth. 15 For you shall be his witness to all men of those things which you have seen and heard. 16 And now why do you tarry? Rise up and be baptized and wash away your sins, invoking his name."

The Lord told St. Paul to go to Damascus and do what he was told. Ananias told him to arise and be baptized and wash away his sins.

Case closed.

Defendent has the right to start his own sect of make-it-up-as-you-go-along Prestonianism, but Christians shouldn't buy it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420989 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics aren't Christians right Chuck? Lie and/or ignorance #1.
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?"
We believe we are saved by God's grace, not through our parents faith.
Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."
The priest dosn't forgive our sins.
Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."
We don't glorify Mary. We don't glorify any creature. We glorify only God.
Lie #5 "He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?"
The Eucharist isn't a cracker.
Chuck, you may think you're being cute, and I don't know what kind of organization you've joined, but they're feeding you lies and I hope you're not putting your eternal soul at stake.
Right off catholic answers Tony...you guys are better off than I am. Biggest bunch of crap I have ever read.

Is the Catholic who confesses his sins to a priest any better off than the non-Catholic who confesses directly to God? Yes. First, he seeks forgiveness the way Christ intended. Second, by confessing to a priest, the Catholic learns a lesson in humility, which is avoided when one confesses only through private prayer. Third, the Catholic receives sacramental graces the non-Catholic doesn’t get; through the sacrament of penance sins are forgiven and graces are obtained. Fourth, the Catholic is assured that his sins are forgiven; he does not have to rely on a subjective "feeling." Lastly, the Catholic can also obtain sound advice on avoiding sin in the future.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420990 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fourth, the Catholic is assured that his sins are forgiven;
Assured that your sins are forgiven only by going to a priest??? Absolute lie from the pit of Hell.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420991 Feb 8, 2013
Lastly, the Catholic can also obtain sound advice on avoiding sin in the future.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420992 Feb 8, 2013
Second, by confessing to a priest, the Catholic learns a lesson in humility

This one is funny....

Christ is the greatest example of humility...read God's Word but we can learn a lesson in humility from a priest.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420993 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?
*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?
Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."
*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)
Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."
*Sure you do
"*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?"

Changing the question Chuck? Your lie was that we believe we are saved by our parents faith.

"*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)"

Your lie was that we go to a sinner for forgiveness of our sins. Our sins are forgivven by God.

"*Sure you do"

That's a lie. There is not one single teaching in all of Catholicism that says we are to glorify Mary over Jesus.

Again, you may feel secure in your new found organization with lots of people cheering you on, but the Lord knows who's lying and who's not.

Guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420994 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I posted those words a few minutes before you and there is nothing in the words of Jesus telling ananias to baptise Paul so if you would tell me that they are there, i could assume that you are as dumb as anthony.
anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus,
16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
AND THESE ARE THE WORDS OF ANANIAS, NOT JESUS .PRETTY PLAIN TO ME.LOL
He was told he would be instucred on what to do are you that dense.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420995 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right off catholic answers Tony...you guys are better off than I am. Biggest bunch of crap I have ever read.
Is the Catholic who confesses his sins to a priest any better off than the non-Catholic who confesses directly to God? Yes. First, he seeks forgiveness the way Christ intended. Second, by confessing to a priest, the Catholic learns a lesson in humility, which is avoided when one confesses only through private prayer. Third, the Catholic receives sacramental graces the non-Catholic doesn’t get; through the sacrament of penance sins are forgiven and graces are obtained. Fourth, the Catholic is assured that his sins are forgiven; he does not have to rely on a subjective "feeling." Lastly, the Catholic can also obtain sound advice on avoiding sin in the future.
"Biggest bunch of crap I have ever read."

You're really on a roll today Chuck. You lack Christian charity. What's the name of the organization who's behind your fine performance?
Guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420996 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN, THOSE ARE THE WORD OF ANANIAS TALKING TO PAUL, NOT JESUS TALKING TO ANANIAS.
KEEP UP or SHUT UP STUPID.
Right telling Paul what was instructed of him by the Lord to do.

Go back and reread it you idiot.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420997 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Assured that your sins are forgiven only by going to a priest??? Absolute lie from the pit of Hell.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
This verse doesn't say who you're confessing to. But St. James tells us:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick man. And the Lord shall raise him up: and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man avails much.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420998 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Lastly, the Catholic can also obtain sound advice on avoiding sin in the future.
2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
Why do you even go to your community building to listen to your preacher if all you need is your bible?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420999 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Second, by confessing to a priest, the Catholic learns a lesson in humility
This one is funny....
Christ is the greatest example of humility...read God's Word but we can learn a lesson in humility from a priest.
Why do you even go to your community building to listen to your preacher if all you need is your bible?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421000 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?"
Changing the question Chuck? Your lie was that we believe we are saved by our parents faith.
"*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)"
Your lie was that we go to a sinner for forgiveness of our sins. Our sins are forgivven by God.
"*Sure you do"
That's a lie. There is not one single teaching in all of Catholicism that says we are to glorify Mary over Jesus.
Again, you may feel secure in your new found organization with lots of people cheering you on, but the Lord knows who's lying and who's not.
You know exactly what I meant about the faith of your parents and you know it. We've talked about it many times.

telling a catholic they glorify Mary is the ame as telling an alcoholic they have a drinking problem. Both will deny it.

you still play games Tony...goodbye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web