Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688452 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#420946 Feb 8, 2013
Oops --- nearly forgot --- useless 'indulgences', and the satanic 'mass' mess...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#420947 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>My mom was a very Godly person, much more that Mary, i know.
God has told me how He thought of my Mom, He has never told me how highly regarded mary was.
My mom NEVER took me to church and the started home and found out a day later that she had left me behind.
Mar was just a woman with human faults the same as the rest of us.and in this instance, i can easily recogniza that mary was interested in gossiping and interacting with friends and relatives, so much that she forgot about this precious Jewel that God had placed in her care.
and you want we Christians to put her on a pedestal, NO THANKS!!!
Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ. Do you know who Jesus Christ is?
You'll have to look Him in the eye someday.

I've long suspected that y'alls hatred of the Catholic Church has spilled over into actual hatred of Mary on a certain level.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420948 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe baptism is nothing more than a symbol and following an ordinance, you'd be right. In that's case, what difference does it make if one is sprinkled, infused or dunked in water? Wouldn't it become just another ritual?
If Baptism is just a symbol what was the "one baptism" Paul was speaking about in Ephesians 4? What is it? What is it's importance?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420949 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, you just make it up as you go along. There should be another classification of heretics called "Prestonians".
I challenged you to show me where Jesus told him to Baptise Paul. YOU BROUGHT IT UP NOT ME, SO IT ISNT PRESTONIANS.

you lied and you were called on it.simple as that
Clay

Garden City, MI

#420950 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not an authority but I do need your opinion.
Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks
Gen 44 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
Gen 4:17 Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch
*As I have said to Tony 5 times, I'll I need is a Yes or No.
*And please spare me the "I'm not an authority so I would answer". I'm just looking for your opinion.thanks
No.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420951 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT was written to and for adult converts. The following generation of Christians were taught by the apostles to baptize infants because they knew it was more that just gettin' wet.
So is that the "one baptism" Paul spoke about in Eph. 4? I guess the infant baptism would make repentance null and void? Can and infant repent of its sinful ways?
Catholic Girl

United States

#420952 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>My mom was a very Godly person, much more that Mary, i know.
God has told me how He thought of my Mom, He has never told me how highly regarded mary was.
My mom NEVER took me to church and the started home and found out a day later that she had left me behind.
Mar was just a woman with human faults the same as the rest of us.and in this instance, i can easily recogniza that mary was interested in gossiping and interacting with friends and relatives, so much that she forgot about this precious Jewel that God had placed in her care.
and you want we Christians to put her on a pedestal, NO THANKS!!!
ok, so sorry you feel this way. perhaps some day you'll see the light as well.
Peace and Blessings.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#420953 Feb 8, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack???
ALL we 'lack' is lifeless, useless statuary, fables, man-named 'saints', the imaginary 'purgatory', scapulars, prayer beads, useless 'medals', false teachings, mind-control tactics, false prayers, and elected leaders.
Anything else?
You base this all on a bible that doesn't even belong to you.
Nice
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420954 Feb 8, 2013
meant to type.. Can an infant repent of its sinful ways? If not, are we to conclude that repentance is not necessary?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420955 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
In your opinion, what does it mean?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420956 Feb 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If Baptism is just a symbol what was the "one baptism" Paul was speaking about in Ephesians 4? What is it? What is it's importance?
Baptism isn't just a symbol. But most of your protestant brethren say it is.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420957 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, you just make it up as you go along. There should be another classification of heretics called "Prestonians".
AMEN !!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420958 Feb 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is that Mary was a woman,and God chooses that which is lowly,common,not spactucular in MEN'S eyes.God did not choose a queen or a princess to bear His Holy Son.
No I do not have any more respect for a woman who was not the mother of Christ.
I respect Mary,spiritually I have a love for her,as she is no longer with humanity on earth,so she is in a place where God alone now has total protection of her whole being.No I do not believe in the Apparitions,because every one of them calls for the people to build edifices in her tribute,and to form an image or statue to her person,which is against the 10 commandments of God.Mary gave birth to my Lord,and I must respect and adhere to the Biblical account of her being.I cannot say that the thought of her causes me to have great spiritual experiences,but that she was holy,set apart for HIM who chose her to bear in her body the Holy One of Israel.
I respect all women,and am known by the people who know me that I regard women with respect,and never with a sexual distortion.Most women who know me like me,and because I know how to respect them,no matter what they believe.
Mary would want that from me if she was able to speak to me personally and let me know her heart.It is more important that men prove by their actions that God holds women dear to His heart as He made EVE from the rib of Adam,and the woman is beside the man ever a partner,a help meet.
We Christian men have to prove more than anyone that the woman is cherished and loved,not in a sexual distorted manner,but as highly valued,needed,and to be partner with.Mary is the epitome of the Virtuous and loving woman men long for.But you know that Satan will do anything in his power to distort the role of women,Mary of course never yielded to Satan's desire to cheapen her role as the Mother of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Yes, but you cheapen her by agreeing with people who say she was a rotten mother and a gossiper. When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#420959 Feb 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Mary, Catholicism and the Bible
http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst woman, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420960 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
and you as well.

He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?

He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace.

He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you.

He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?

***Boy...I'd hate to be you
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420961 Feb 8, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Aposolic Succession.
Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.
A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.
A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
The Communion of the Saints.
The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.
The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.
I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.
Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.
But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.
I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.
LOTS of them.
But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.
Rob
20289 is here you posted this,will try to give responses quickly in the next few days.

Apostolic Succession:EVEN the Orthodox disagree with your church on this,and you are more than willing to see a merger between those two great traditions.

The Holy Spirit is the PERSON who is to be exalted as the ONE who leads the CHURCH.That maybe what all believers believe,but the point is that has never changed.We still see the PURPOSE and design of the Godhead in every endeavor of Christian teaching,and discipleship.Men and women who seek to live by the Word of God,are born into His kingdom,and that spiritual birth gives each believer a spiritual insight into the Mind and Design of the HOLY ONE.

I realize that the cults refute that,but if you look at Christians cross the board in Catholicism and most Christian denominations,you see the fruits of what Christ has done in the lives of individuals,and corporately.Given the fact that Christians of your profession and the evangelicals and conservative factions,serve Christ in the POOR,and ministries of help inevery venue of suffering known to humankind.Christ inspires us all to do the good works He calls us to.REGARDLESS of affiliation Rob!

I do not see,the Lord giving special regard to your church,in that He does not answer the prayers and requests of Christians everywhere to do of His Good Will.He inspires us all to serve and Love Him.He calls men to preach,and lead in churches cross the board.Perhaps the truth be known that we are all not meant to be one thing or another,but we are all called to Christ Himself to serve Him. I am not called to be a Roman Catholic,you are not called to be a pastor of an Assembly of God church.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420962 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ. Do you know who Jesus Christ is?
I've long suspected that y'alls hatred of the Catholic Church has spilled over into actual hatred of Mary on a certain level.
NOT ONLY DO I KNOW WHO HE IS, BUT I HAVE ALREADY LOOKED AT HIM, AND I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY THE WRITER SPOKE OF HIM AS HE DID. ONCE YOU LOOK INTO HIS EYES, YOU WILL NEVER FORGET IT, NOR HAVE I.

as far as hatred, both PAD and I havent said that we hate Mary, but I(dont wish to speak for PAD) abhor what the catholic church has made out of this very humble person who loved the Lord, and therin lies the crux (this means a pivotal point)of this discussion.

Chrsitians go in one direction with Mary,

you catholics go off in some strange tangent.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420963 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I challenged you to show me where Jesus told him to Baptise Paul. YOU BROUGHT IT UP NOT ME, SO IT ISNT PRESTONIANS.
you lied and you were called on it.simple as that
"And the Lord said to me: Arise and go to Damascus; and there it shall be told you of all things that you must do."

Ananias told him to rise and be baptized in order to wash away his sins.

Case closed. Amen.

Yes, you just make it up as you go long.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420964 Feb 8, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack???
ALL we 'lack' is lifeless, useless statuary, fables, man-named 'saints', the imaginary 'purgatory', scapulars, prayer beads, useless 'medals', false teachings, mind-control tactics, false prayers, and elected leaders.
Anything else?
Yes!! Apostolic TRUTH handed down by Jesus and taught to His Apostles in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!!..... Your Modernistic Protestant (Relative Truth) from 42,000+ conflicting and contradicting interpretations of the bible ---"Never (has) nor ever (will)--- have any true credibility!!!!!
Catholic Girl

United States

#420965 Feb 8, 2013
Tough bunch out here today. I didn't realize all these religions bibles were so different. Wow, the apostles must have been awfully busy taking notes during their journey with Jesus to be able to cover all the spin off religions.:)

Forgive me for not understanding your beliefs, as everyone is entitled to them. right or wrong, it is what it is.

Just be good people and kind to everyone you meet. Yes kindness is difficult at times. Help the less fortunate.
the holy family is still #1 in my book. perhaps the holy family was meant to be an example of how to live the good life.

As for those with good parents or bad parents, you should still, Honor thy mother and father.

Blessings to all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web