Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650057 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420901 Feb 8, 2013
The Catholic Dogma of Infallibility

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420902 Feb 8, 2013
Are there Modern Day Apostles?

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420903 Feb 8, 2013
878
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
gehen Sie weg.
Infantile....
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420904 Feb 8, 2013
The Meaning of Baptism and the Catholic Ritual

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420905 Feb 8, 2013
Does Mary Intercede for Christians?

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420906 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Non sequtir
Your two statements are not connected. You are saying something like "I know your religion(Implied, you do not know yourself) So the grass is green and this doesn't apply to you....
You haven't connected my religion to your statement," Then this doesn't apply to you...."
You need to clarify with the rest of a syllogism of some kind. You are leaving two majors without a minor, in terms of logic....
886

In can be said only one way:

762 734 886

Your mindless prattle changes nothing in these words:

On this matter...it is not what I think your religion teaches...it is what I know it teaches...and on this matter I fully agree with them..

Then this does not apply to you: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420907 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where did you find this gem of info that Joseph had been married for over 50 years when he married Mary?
common sense tells me this, either you are lying or your info is a lie.
this would have made jospeh over 70 years old, and no doubt to feeble to walk all of the distance down to egypt.
dont people like you have any common sense or did the nums beat that out of you idiots.BTW, I HATE STUPIDITY
Although I tolerate with compassion those who are stupid,I agree with you 150% here preston.It is incredible what people will believe to put Mary on that pedestal she was never suppose to be on from the very time of her precious life here.

Catholics and Orthodox pride themselves in saying they believed these things about Mary long before the Reformation and so on.The problem iwth that? They do not tell us that there were priests,and scholars of those times who refuted the MARIAN doctrines as they surfaced.JUST because the general concensus was to promote latria worship of Mary,does not negate the very challenge that was made to reject such worship to begin with.

The Apostles and LUKE in the New Testament N E V E R give us any reason to worship or venerate Mary in the way Catholics and Orthodox do.They claim that they received what the Apostles taught,but there is no word from the Apostles to support Marian doctrines,nor do the early church fathers ever say a certain Apostle told them to believe in the Immaculate Conception of Mary,or that she was ever-virgin.I have some books on early church fathers and their sayings,and they never say"The Apostle Peter told me or whoever that Mary was ever-virgin"or that the Apostle Paul said those things about Mary.NO other Apostle is said to have claimed Mary's Immaculate birth,nor her ever-virginity.LUKE never even alluded to such a fact either,and he had more than ample time in personally interviewing Mary himself to arrive at the conclusions of the Orthodox and Catholic tradition concerning Marian doctrines.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420908 Feb 8, 2013
Exclusivism and Christ's Church

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420909 Feb 8, 2013
890 208
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter is not the solid foundation. Peter's *confession* of Jesus being the Messiah the Son of God was the rock being referred to in Matt. 16:18.
Eph. 2:20 later tells us that the church is built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ being the chief cornerstone.
The church is referred to in many occasions. For instance: Acts. 11:26, Rom. 16:16, 1. Cor. 1:2, Eph. 5:23..........
Thanks for your input...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420910 Feb 8, 2013
Willie Robertson - Speech at Harding University

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420911 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN
He so easily reflects the weakness in ourselves that he provides himself as a mirror to my own faults. So I try and go easy on him, even though he says some really obnoxious things.
Another way to put it is that he puts his thoughts out, saying he WOULD accept being proved wrong, and then won't reconsider his thoughts....
Its like preston saying "I will go to the store to buy some groceries.", but when he gets to the store, he doesn't get the groceries, and comes home without any....Thus he wastes his time, and effort is his own sanctification with God....
Its easy to pick on preston, he is like us all....
robert, at no time have you ever corrected anything that I have spoken, for one simple reason, I say what the bible says, while you go off in some stupid tangent that ONLY YOU know where it is going, and that is ONLY in your mind.

and unlike you, If I wish soemthing to eat, I go to my frig or my freezer, while you have to go to a restaurant and then try and get them to understand what you want to eat, which is what happens when a unstable person such as yourself leaves one church and floats to another, until no waitress is able to serve you.

Anthony just thinks that you can correct me(you cant, of course)since he is unable to, your vague and incoherent thoughts are never well thought out and make absolutely no sense to even a little child in kindergarten, let alone an adult versed in "what thus saith the lord".
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420912 Feb 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
The Meaning of Baptism and the Catholic Ritual
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
The best teaching I have seen on Baptism in a long time Saban fan.It is well presented here,thank you for sharing this.
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

#420913 Feb 8, 2013
The Didache was written around A.D. 70 and, though not inspired, is a strong witness to the sacramental practice of Christians in the apostolic age. In its seventh chapter, the Didache reads, "Concerning baptism, baptize in this manner: Having said all these things beforehand, baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." These instructions were composed either while some of the apostles and disciples were still alive or during the next generation of Christians, and they represent an already established custom.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/baptism-immers...
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

#420914 Feb 8, 2013
Campbellites

Thomas and Alexander Campbell were the most prominent leaders of the Disciples of Christ movement of the early 19th century. The group was committed to restoring primitive Christianity. It merged with the Christians (Stone Movement) in 1832 to form what is now described as the American Restoration Movement (also known as the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement). Other prominent individuals in the Restoration Movement included Barton W. Stone, Walter Scott and "Raccoon" John Smith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbellite

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420915 Feb 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
886
In can be said only one way:
762 734 886
Your mindless prattle changes nothing in these words:
On this matter...it is not what I think your religion teaches...it is what I know it teaches...and on this matter I fully agree with them..
Then this does not apply to you: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Oxbow

This is an example of what you are writing to me..., see if it makes sense?

"I know what your religion teaches you, and I fully agree with them..

And so this does not apply to you: The grass is green."

(Can't you see what you are writing makes no sense?)

You are making two statements that are not connected unless in some vague sense in your mind, which I am not going to try and understand, as at this time, your posts make little sense to me.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420916 Feb 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Although I tolerate with compassion those who are stupid,I agree with you 150% here preston.It is incredible what people will believe to put Mary on that pedestal she was never suppose to be on from the very time of her precious life here.
Catholics and Orthodox pride themselves in saying they believed these things about Mary long before the Reformation and so on.The problem iwth that? They do not tell us that there were priests,and scholars of those times who refuted the MARIAN doctrines as they surfaced.JUST because the general concensus was to promote latria worship of Mary,does not negate the very challenge that was made to reject such worship to begin with.
The Apostles and LUKE in the New Testament N E V E R give us any reason to worship or venerate Mary in the way Catholics and Orthodox do.They claim that they received what the Apostles taught,but there is no word from the Apostles to support Marian doctrines,nor do the early church fathers ever say a certain Apostle told them to believe in the Immaculate Conception of Mary,or that she was ever-virgin.I have some books on early church fathers and their sayings,and they never say"The Apostle Peter told me or whoever that Mary was ever-virgin"or that the Apostle Paul said those things about Mary.NO other Apostle is said to have claimed Mary's Immaculate birth,nor her ever-virginity.LUKE never even alluded to such a fact either,and he had more than ample time in personally interviewing Mary himself to arrive at the conclusions of the Orthodox and Catholic tradition concerning Marian doctrines.
lol, now I agree with you. the link that she was using showed Joseph to be around 90 years old not 70 as I used in my post(after I looked at her findings), and I thought about this after I went to bed, if Joseph was over 90 years old(and I know that you have seen pictures of Mary being Pregnant riding a burro), he would have had a burro to ride too or else have one hitched up to a wagon(and that was expensive and Probably one thathe couldnt afford).

now getting back to the relationship between Mary and the Apostles.

Paul spoke of meeting james, the Lords brother, and the bible speaks of Paul being a student of Gamiliel, who spoke to the sanhedrin and advised them to leave the disciples alone because their Preaching might be of God and if so, the jews would find themselves fighting against God.

this tells me that the Jews knew the apostles intimately, therefore paul would have known them also, and Paul never spoke of Mary, and giving us instructions as to how we are to venerate this woman. Paul was silent on this Issue and Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles, telling us as to how we are to worship the Lord and follow His Word.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#420917 Feb 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Show is "undeniable documentation" that it is NOT Jesus Christs TRUE Church! You can't! We know it and you know it! Therefore, discussion debate and argument is over! So--- we, as Catholics, on this forum, along with the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to follow the overwhelming majority of "documented, historical, biblical and recorded TRUTH from the Early Church Fathers, Lives of the Saints, and the Historian Apologist authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) that confirm it IS IN FACT Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!--You my friend--can do and believe what you want! Your loss---is our gain--in the TRUE Gospel and historical teachings of Jesus Christ.
you talk about all this documented proof but you never show it,the only way you can prove your point is to show in scripture, that jesus states that the catholic church,based on pagan, christian beliefs and man made traditions is his true church,and nowhere in history is this been said or written,so your betting your life on a false church. and how come you never show the whole post i put up? your leaving out the truth to make your beliefs seem real. the church has proven over an over it is a church of evil,not love,honesty and devotion to it's followers,just ask all the people they killed and molested. and i'm still waiting for an answer to my question,don't know why you won't answer it?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420918 Feb 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
878
<quoted text>
Infantile....
ein wenig Geschmack Ihrer eigenen Medizin.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420919 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and yes , she is getting to be a very attractive young lady(sorry for that bad lightin). her vocabulary is slow to come around and we have taken her to speech therapy. she understands words, but speaking them are another thing. for me, she can say papaw, but for some reason she calls my wife babaw. she is behind but she will catch up
Hope she keeps improving each day. I've always called my brother, brother, when I was real young, i can remember pronouncing it butter,:). to this day I still have difficulty calling him by his real name, tom.
Time and patience. Hope she doesn't remember her difficulties in her earlier yrs. the poor baby.
I believe most of us tell the truth here, just a little different beliefs and up bringing
Take care and take care of that little girl.

Peace and Blessings,

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420920 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
This is an example of what you are writing to me..., see if it makes sense?
"I know what your religion teaches you, and I fully agree with them..
And so this does not apply to you: The grass is green."
(Can't you see what you are writing makes no sense?)
You are making two statements that are not connected unless in some vague sense in your mind, which I am not going to try and understand, as at this time, your posts make little sense to me.
I think that the words of Oxbow fit you perfectly.

Your mindless prattle changes nothing in these words:

half of the time if not more, your words make absolutely no sense to anyone. you rattle on and on like a drone that has no destination and simply just runs out of fuel and crashes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 1 hr VACCINES MAIM KILL 5
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Sun make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web