Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,150
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420589 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo SAYS.....
....Read the Gospels! EVERYTHING that Jesus said, exclaimed, quoted and expressed is "highlighted in red"!...
Michael says......You might believe he said that, but you can't verify with any certainty that he did.
You can't verify the names associated with the gosples were the actual people who wrote them. Can you? That is just your leap of faith and belief, but doesn't make it true unless you can prove it.
Every belief outside of yours says different things. No one has yet shown to have the smoking gun of what the real truth is, maybe its yours and maybe its not.
Explaining the "red" letters to hojo is like explaining how a pitchfork works to a half-wit.....your efforts will be never end.

Albuquerque, NM

#420590 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply taken out of text again. This as a reply to LTM, so upset by the hatred on this thread.
You No AGE Spritual leader is no leader. You may be a manager since you don't seem to do anything for your self but request others do your dirty work for you.
You ask the Pope, You do the twitter. Stop pushing others to do you dirty work. And stop taking stuff out of context to suite your thinking. This is not right. Your probably one of them that pick and choose things out of bible to suite your thinking.
Simple game, just Trust in God...
Oh hi CG - I can see your "Catholic" dismay is festering so much, you just had to voice your frustration at me.

Not a problem, I'm here for you.

I can completely understand your frustations. Shoot, when I found I that the RCC was only teaching a portion of Jesus' teachings, I was like you....dismayed.

I fought the dismay with astonishment, and lo and behold - all of Jesus teachings have brough about a great change in me.

Hissing and huffing about me is off-topic. But hey, you can't see it this way. I know. It's tough to speak ill about the RCC, all knowing that it brings you comfort, but lying to yourself and others about it, is not what Jesus would want.

Skip the Pope - he'll never show up, so no worries anymore, k?

Thanks for responding.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420591 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>afraid that you are wrong AGAIN.
Judges 6:11-12
Then the angel of the LORD came and [sat] under the terebinth in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite. While his son Gideon was beating out wheat in the wine press to save it from the Midianites,[12] the angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, "The LORD is with you.
ANYWAY, IT WAS JESUS NOT AN ANGEL ACCORDING TO WHAT GOD TOLD ME
Only thing he did not appear already sitting down did he.....lol

Albuquerque, NM

#420592 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't blocked from my location in Canada. I can click the link right now and see it.
Lets try again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0UP1OU9uQ2kXX
If it doesn't come through its a picture of a maniquin alien that a group of people stated they were doing an operation claiming it was a real alien.
For us Americans:

"This video contains content from Lionsgate, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#420593 Feb 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Constantine replaced Christianity with his own version which includes all
the pagan practices of the (SO CALLED ) ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
You fundies make me laugh. So according to you, God gave a church for say 300 years. Then it was corrupted. Then confusion reigned for say 1300 more years. Until the protestants turned up with the one true doctrine.

Are you stupid or something? What a moron.

Albuquerque, NM

#420594 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not promoting catholicism with your rants against others. You are creating divisivness among all people.
Congratulations for dividing our world.
Yep - Christianity does divide.

It has been proven multiple times already.

This alone, shows that the RCC's claim is invalid and unfounded.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#420595 Feb 7, 2013
Or put it this way. Homo sapiens is around in its current for 100k years? So you have no guidance from God for 98,000 years. Followed by 300 years of the early church. Followed by 1300 years of the false RCC. Then enlightened protestantism. Does that make any sense to you? Why wouldnt God, a rational being, want to give people clear guidance. Please answer me this.

Location hidden

#420596 Feb 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Only thing he did not appear already sitting down did he.....lol
luv it when you got to back up. you said no angel ever sat down, ALWAYS STOOD UP.

Location hidden

#420597 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Only thing he did not appear already sitting down did he.....lol
<quoted text>Read your Bible Christ or an Angel never appeared to anyone sitting down ever it is alway standing.

so he did appear and sat down but you never addressed the important part of my post which was "God told me that it was Jesus" and He told me that on the first time that I stepped into a pulpit to preach my first message.

teh important thing is this. your church and YOU are liars by saying that Michael an archangel, one of seven, Raephel being another along with gabriel, was Jesus Christ.

angels are [created beings], they can not create life as we know it, nor can they destroy it without permission of God. in the beginning the Lord spoke these words, "let us make man in our own image', He was not speaking to an archangel, but to Jesus, His Son.

Michael could not speak against the devil, and until God gives him the power, he on his own is powerlesss to stop satan.Yet Jesus speking of Himself, "said all Power is given unto me".

the bottom line is this. you belong to a satanic cult and you have been uncovered for all to see. and your hatred of me has done this to you.lol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420598 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>afraid that you are wrong AGAIN.
Judges 6:11-12
Then the angel of the LORD came and [sat] under the terebinth in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite. While his son Gideon was beating out wheat in the wine press to save it from the Midianites,[12] the angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, "The LORD is with you.
ANYWAY, IT WAS JESUS NOT AN ANGEL ACCORDING TO WHAT GOD TOLD ME
Appearances of the "angel of the Lord" are often presented as theophanies:[2] in Genesis 31:11–13 the angel of God says, "I am the God of Beth-el"; in Exodus 3:2–6 the angel of the Lord who appeared to Moses in the flame of fire says, "I am the God of thy father"; compare Genesis 22:11; Judges 6:11–22. At times the angel of the Lord speaks in such a way as to assume authority over previous promises (see Gen. 16:11 and 21:17).

The following are examples of use of the term "angel of the Lord":
Genesis 16:7–14. The angel of the Lord appears to Hagar. The angel speaks as God in the first person, and in verse 13 Hagar identifies the visitor as a god.
Genesis 22:11–15. The angel of the Lord appears to Abraham and refers to God in the first person.
Exodus 3:2–4. The angel of the Lord appears to Moses in a flame in verse 2, and God speaks to Moses from the flame in verse 4.
Numbers 22:22–38. The angel of the Lord meets the prophet Balaam on the road. In verse 38, Balaam identifies the angel who spoke to him as delivering the word of God.
Judges 2:1–3. The angel of the Lord appears to Israel.
Judges 6:11–23. The angel of the Lord appears to Gideon, and in verse 22 Gideon fears for his life because he was in the presence of God.

lol
Clay

Chicago, IL

#420599 Feb 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Constantine replaced Christianity with his own version which includes all
the pagan practices of the (SO CALLED ) ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
THE FACADE IN ROME IS A DUKES MIXTURE OF PAGANISM WITH A TAD OF
CHRISTIANITY...ADDED TO MAKE IT PALPABLE.... TO THOSE.. THAT ARE
WILLINGLY BEING DECEIVED.
I SAY WILLINGLY ..BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THERE BEFORE THEM IN GOD'S WORD....THE BIBLE.
Your version lacks historic fact, logic and faith- in Jesus Christ.
Conspiracy Christianity is un biblical. I gotta imagine, that it greatly irritates Jesus. He said he'd be with them always, til the end of the world. He didn't say "in 1400 yrs when the bible is printed, people will have access to my real ministry."
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420600 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>luv it when you got to back up. you said no angel ever sat down, ALWAYS STOOD UP.
Wrong I implied no angel never APPEARED SITTING DOWN.
There was 3 who appeared to Abraham as well but sure wasn't sitting down at first.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420601 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
teh important thing is this. your church and YOU are liars by saying that Michael an archangel, one of seven, Raephel being another along with gabriel, was Jesus Christ.
angels are [created beings], they can not create life as we know snipped for room
Let's see scripture not just your opinion.
Michael the Prince
Michael is mentioned more in Daniel than in any other book in Scripture.(See Daniel 10:13; 10:21; 12:1.) In all three references, He is called a prince—your prince and the great prince. Isaiah's prophecy about the Messiah (Isaiah 9:6) reveals oneof the key names he says that would apply to the Messiah is "Prince of Peace."
There is another verse in Daniel 8:25 where the "Prince of princes" is mentioned. Again, the cosmic conflict is being played out with Christ on one side and the devil on the other, with humanity serving as the battlefield. "Prince of princes" is actually the same term that is translated "prince of the host" in verse 11. This is similar to "Lord of lords" (Psalm 136:3), "God of gods" (Deuteronomy 10:17), and "King of kings" (Revelation 19:16). All these are titles of deity. He is even referred to as "Messiah the Prince" (Daniel 9:25).
Who is this being that the angels call the Great Prince? Let's let the Bible tell us.
Isaiah 9:6: "And his name shall be called …The Prince of Peace."
Acts 3:14, 15: "But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and … killed the Prince of life."
Acts 5:30, 31: "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and
hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour."
Revelations 1:5: "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth."
These verses clearly echo with three verses in Daniel in which Michael is called a "prince."
Is Michael Only One of Many?
Daniel 10:13 is probably the most difficult verse regarding Michael: "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me." It appears at first glance that Michael is only "one of" the chief princes. This is an unfortunate translation in the King James. The word "one" comes from the Hebrew word "echad," which is also frequently translated as "first," as in the president's wife being called "first lady." (See Genesis 1:5; 8:13.) This changes the whole meaning of the verse to Michael being first of, greatest or highest of, to the chief of princes—again a reference to Jesus. The prince of the kingdom of Persia who withstood the angel was no doubt the devil who frequently appears working in the shadow of earthly monarchs such as the king of Babylon, the king of Tyre, and the Roman power (Isaiah 14:4, Ezekiel 28:2, Revelation 12:4). And remember that Jesus calls Satan "the prince of this world" (John 12:31).
Daniel 10:21 says, "But I will show thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince." Notice here that the angel refers to Michael as your Prince. Who was Daniel’s prince? In the previous chapter, we see the answer. In Daniel 9:25, Daniel’s Messiah is called the prince, which is another clear indication of Michael’s identity! So Gabriel is saying that Michael the archangel is Jesus, who knows all the truth of Scripture. Michael Stands Up
The final reference to Michael in Daniel is in chapter 12: "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people." Notice here that Michael is not called a great prince but "the great prince." Is there any prince greater then Jesus? He is also identified as the one who "standeth for the children of thy people." This means that He intercedes, defends and even stands as a substitute. Who could this be other then Jesus?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#420602 Feb 7, 2013
God gave the world the Catholic Church, who's teaching Magistrium is infallibly guided by the Holy Spirit when teaching on faith and morals. It is the only Church traced to Jesus Christ. Its not secret. Its not hidden. Its visible for the world to see. They are the worlds longest organization. No country has survived longer than the Catholic Church. America will not be here someday. But the CC will, because Christ said so.

There is no excuse to usurp the God given authority of the CC.
ESPECIALLY by using the very books they declared as Biblical. They gathered, edited, and hand copied the letters and memoirs they considered the inspired word of God WRITTEN by men. The New Testament.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420603 Feb 7, 2013
Michael the Prince
Michael is mentioned more in Daniel than in any other book in Scripture.(See Daniel 10:13; 10:21; 12:1.) In all three references, He is called a prince—your prince and the great prince. Isaiah's prophecy about the Messiah (Isaiah 9:6) reveals oneof the key names he says that would apply to the Messiah is "Prince of Peace."
There is another verse in Daniel 8:25 where the "Prince of princes" is mentioned. Again, the cosmic conflict is being played out with Christ on one side and the devil on the other, with humanity serving as the battlefield. "Prince of princes" is actually the same term that is translated "prince of the host" in verse 11. This is similar to "Lord of lords" (Psalm 136:3), "God of gods" (Deuteronomy 10:17), and "King of kings" (Revelation 19:16). All these are titles of deity. He is even referred to as "Messiah the Prince" (Daniel 9:25).
Who is this being that the angels call the Great Prince? Let's let the Bible tell us.
Isaiah 9:6: "And his name shall be called …The Prince of Peace."
Acts 3:14, 15: "But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and … killed the Prince of life."
Acts 5:30, 31: "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and
hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour."
Revelations 1:5: "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth."
These verses clearly echo with three verses in Daniel in which Michael is called a "prince."
Is Michael Only One of Many?
Daniel 10:13 is probably the most difficult verse regarding Michael: "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me." It appears at first glance that Michael is only "one of" the chief princes. This is an unfortunate translation in the King James. The word "one" comes from the Hebrew word "echad," which is also frequently translated as "first," as in the president's wife being called "first lady." (See Genesis 1:5; 8:13.) This changes the whole meaning of the verse to Michael being first of, greatest or highest of, to the chief of princes—again a reference to Jesus. The prince of the kingdom of Persia who withstood the angel was no doubt the devil who frequently appears working in the shadow of earthly monarchs such as the king of Babylon, the king of Tyre, and the Roman power (Isaiah 14:4, Ezekiel 28:2, Revelation 12:4). And remember that Jesus calls Satan "the prince of this world" (John 12:31).
Daniel 10:21 says, "But I will show thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince." Notice here that the angel refers to Michael as your Prince. Who was Daniel’s prince? In the previous chapter, we see the answer. In Daniel 9:25, Daniel’s Messiah is called the prince, which is another clear indication of Michael’s identity! So Gabriel is saying that Michael the archangel is Jesus, who knows all the truth of Scripture. Michael Stands Up
The final reference to Michael in Daniel is in chapter 12: "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people." Notice here that Michael is not called a great prince but "the great prince." Is there any prince greater then Jesus? He is also identified as the one who "standeth for the children of thy people." This means that He intercedes, defends and even stands as a substitute. Who could this be other then Jesus?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420604 Feb 7, 2013
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Hosea 4:6 (KJV)

www.Christ.com
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#420605 Feb 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is but I'm sure your so-called leadeds never shared it with you, but good news if you can read for yourself.
Wonderful! Then please do share with us the chapter and verse that calls the Blessed Virgin Mary the mother of anyone but Jesus.

I'm afraid just saying "yes there is" isn't quite enough, Marge. The Catholics have been asking this question for years and none of you has yet to produce said scripture. After all, you are sola scriptura aren't you?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420606 Feb 7, 2013
Heavenly host refers to an army (Luk.2:13; Rev.19:19) of good angels mentioned in the Bible. It is led either by the Archangel Michael, Jesus, or by God Himself. Most descriptions of angels in the Bible describe them in military terms, such as encampment (Gen.32:1-2), command structure (Ps.91:11-12; Matt.13:41; Rev.7:2), and combat (Jdg.5:20; Job 19:12; Rev.12:7). Its specific hierarchy differs slightly from the Hierarchy of Angels as it surrounds more military services, whereas the Hierarchy of angels is a division of angels into non-military services to God.[citation needed] The heavenly host participate in the War in Heaven and, according to some interpretations, will battle Satan and Satan's own army at the End of Days and be victorious.

In the Book of Joshua 5:13-15, Joshua encounters a "captain of the host of the Lord" in the early days of his campaigns in the Promised Land. This unnamed heavenly messenger (traditionally said to have been the Archangel Michael) is of supernatural and holy origin, likely sent by God:

Once when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing before him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went to him and said to him,‘Are you one of us, or one of our adversaries?’ He replied,‘Neither; but as commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.’ And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshipped, and he said to him,‘What do you command your servant, my Lord?’ The commander of the army of the Lord said to Joshua,‘Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place where you stand is holy.’ And Joshua did so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_host —Joshua 5:13-15 (NRSV)

1 Peter 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

And suddenly there was with the angel,.... That brought the tidings of Christ's birth to the shepherds: a multitude of the heavenly host: who being caused to fly swiftly, were at once with him, by his side, and about him; and which was a further confirmation of the truth of his message to them: these were angels who were called an host, or army, the militia of heaven, the ministers of God, that wait upon him, and do his pleasure; and are sent forth to minister to his people, and encamp about them, preserve, and defend them; see Genesis 32:1 These are styled an heavenly host, because they dwell in heaven; and to distinguish them from hosts and armies on earth; and said to be

multitude, for the angels are innumerable; there are thousands, ten thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand of them: it may be rendered "the multitude", and may intend the whole company of angels, who were all of them together to sing the praises of God, and glorify him at the birth of the incarnate Saviour, as well as to adore him; since it is said, "when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, and let all the angels of God worship him", Hebrews 1:6, and these were

praising God; on account of the birth of Christ, and the redemption that was to be obtained by him, for elect men; which shows their friendly disposition to them, and how much they rejoice at their spiritual and eternal welfare; see Luke 15:10; And thus, as at the laying of the foundation of the earth, these "morning stars sang together, and all these sons of God shouted for joy", Job 38:7 they did the same when the foundation of man's salvation was laid in the incarnation of the Son of God,
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420607 Feb 7, 2013
Genesis 32

Jacob Prepares to Meet Esau

1And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.

2And when Jacob saw them, he said, This is God's host: and he called the name of that place Mahanaim.

2 Kings 6:16"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
----------
2 Kings 6:17And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
----------
Psalm 34:7The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.

Interesting in Egypt the Pharoah's Eldest son was the Crowned Prince and Commander and Chief of Pharoah's Army that kept the Laws of the Land etc.

God's only begotten son is also the Crowned Prince, Commander and Chief of God's Army and keeper of his Royal Law. Jesus Christ fulfilled that law and at his second coming he is coming back as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Albuquerque, NM

#420608 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:6 (KJV)
www.Christ.com
Sounds like you should be accepting knowledge when it is presented.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 12 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE