Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667516 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#420783 Feb 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your version lacks historic fact, logic and faith- in Jesus Christ.
Conspiracy Christianity is un biblical. I gotta imagine, that it greatly irritates Jesus. He said he'd be with them always, til the end of the world. He didn't say "in 1400 yrs when the bible is printed, people will have access to my real ministry."
~~~

Since the Apostle Peter wrote ...

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that

==> one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

1400 years then is less than a day an a half...in God's timing.

Yet you Roman Constantin-es believe you control God's word and His eternal plan of Salvation..

Your arrogance is beyond explanation.

Your religion is not even dry behind the ears.
Holy Ghost

Overland Park, KS

#420785 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Matt. 1:25 - this verse says Joseph knew her "not until ("heos", in Greek)" she bore a son. Some Protestants argue that this proves Joseph had relations with Mary after she bore a son. This is an erroneous reading of the text because "not until" does not mean "did not...until after." "Heos" references the past, never the future. Instead, "not until" she bore a son means "not up to the point that" she bore a son. This confirms that Mary was a virgin when she bore Jesus. Here are other texts that prove "not until" means "not up to the point that":
We really dont know whom is more ghostly, the Gods or the Aliens........anybody ever see either or are they one in the same animal?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420786 Feb 7, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Aposolic Succession.
Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.
A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.
A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
The Communion of the Saints.
The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.
The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.
I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.
Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.
But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.
I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.
LOTS of them.
But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.
Rob
"The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist".
pretty stupid to think that and/or teach that false beleif. jesus is in heaven sitting on the right hand of God, not in ssome piece of grain.lol

"Aposolic Succession"

no such animal. there is no succession of any person being a Apostle. that office is reseerved only for those of us who have seen the resurrected Christ, pope benny hasnt, nor have any of your leaders of this false religion, Jesus would never appear to any of you catholics until the time comes when He destroys your false religion.

lol. no Aposlte has ever taught that mary was sinless, this false lies came much later after the death of those who could call your teachers lairs to their face. this false doctrine began to show its face around 1854 or thereabout.Rom 3:23 KJV) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; and this incluedes mary who was part of the human race before your cult elevated her to the office of queen of Heaven,

I could go on and speak about every lie that you have said on here but one day, God himself will speak and then you along with all catholics will find out how they have been deceived and you who deceive them will face a even greater punishment.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#420787 Feb 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Since the Apostle Peter wrote ...
2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that
==> one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
1400 years then is less than a day an a half...in God's timing.
Yet you Roman Constantin-es believe you control God's word and His eternal plan of Salvation..
Your arrogance is beyond explanation.
Your religion is not even dry behind the ears.
~~~

Jesus described a bunch of children such as you Roman Catholics..

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

---

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

You Constantine's say...

We have presented paganism to you, and ye have not accepted it...;

we have said the rosary for you and ye have not wept.

We have created a dynasty in Rome...but you will not join our comedy of errors.

We have worshiped the queen of heaven but you will not...

Like Children that believe fables fantasy and fiction...

Location hidden

#420788 Feb 7, 2013
disclaimer; some of this link, i didnt like.be your own judge

http://www.scionofzion.com/mary.htm

Mary Needed A Savior!
(Luke 1:47 KJV) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Here is an extremely revealing verse taken from her magnificat. If Mary was born without sin, then she would have been able to fulfill the demands of God’s holy law without the benefit of a substitutionary atonement. In essence, she would have no sin and therefore would be perfect before God. That is not what the Scriptures are teaching, they are telling us that Mary needed a Savior which means she was under the curse of sin with the rest of the world and had to be atoned for before she could even consider going to Heaven, never mind, carry the Lord Jesus from a Holy Spirit conception.

Mary is not a mediatrix!
(1 Tim 2:5 KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Those in the Roman Catholic Church teach that Mary is a mediator between Jesus and us. This teaching is erroneous because the Bible teaches that Jesus is the ONLY mediator between God and man. The Bible does not teach anywhere that the redeemed of God in Heaven have any intercessory authority or ministry for those still remaining on earth.

Mary Was not a Perpetual Virgin!
(Mark 6:1-3 KJV) And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.{2} And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?{3} Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

(Mat 13:54-56 KJV) And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?{55} Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?{56} And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Another teaching which the Roman Church teaches is that Mary remained a perpetual virgin. The Bible refutes this in the two passages which I have listed here. The Bible teaches that Jesus had brothers and sisters, and if Mary was the mother of Jesus, then these men and women named in these Scriptures were from the same woman, namely Mary. Notice how God specifically names Mary as their mother. The perpetual virginity of Mary is a fallacy which does not exist in history nor the Bible. If someone chooses to believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary, they must do so in opposition of Scripture, a dangerous place to be.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420789 Feb 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are, you're the one who brought it up.
The only ones who would like to punch him want to marry each other (and they're both men). The other one is also an effete snob, but he can't even find a man who'll put up with him.
The rest are simply deniers of the truth.
No I wasn't the first one to bring it up I was responding to a post of Michaels .
If you don't know what someone is talking about stay out of the conversation.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420790 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel so sorry for you.
Pity is a wasted emotion Anthony.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420791 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus described a bunch of children such as you Roman Catholics..
Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
---
Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.
You Constantine's say...
We have presented paganism to you, and ye have not accepted it...;
we have said the rosary for you and ye have not wept.
We have created a dynasty in Rome...but you will not join our comedy of errors.
We have worshiped the queen of heaven but you will not...
Like Children that believe fables fantasy and fiction...
No one believes "anything" you say because it is ALL "propagandized" with anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and hate. Unfortunately--it is the ONLY thing that you (KNOW) and the ONLY thing that have ever "relied upon" in your (half-truth, half heresy) ministry-(NOT Jesus Christ, NOT the Holy Spirit, and "most definitely NOT THE TRUTH!!-All that you EVER DO--is to"quote bible verses then twist and pervert the meaning in order to "attack" the personal faith and salvation of other Christians--especially Catholics!.... I most certainly wish Kay Marie a "speedy recover" so that she can return to this forum soon and bring some "truth and sanity" back into your family and to the ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420792 Feb 7, 2013
Did Timothy speak ever with mother Mary?
Did Paul ever speak with mother Mary?

i don't think so..

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420793 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going by the teachings of the apostles that walked the earth with Jesus , not by a long shot StarC.
You are going by the teachings of the false prophets and teachers that have creeped into the church as Peter warned they would.
Thats what is wrong with just oral teaching and not the written word. What is written can't not be change, but what is taught orally can be changed by whoever is telling the story,.
You are taught the religious teachings of corrupted men who were not after the truth of God, but power and money , and sex.
StarC, what you have been taught is not the truth, the Bible says so not me.
LOL, you have “creeped in” your own interpretation and you are now…trying to change what Jesus taught….
Lady , its you that does not know Scripture!
What does this verse mean to you??
2 Thess 2: 14

Actually you are the false prophet the bible talks about. Give it up, already!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420794 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good list of "give ups" Star! Thanks so much!! As an convert to Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church--please pray for me in dealing with these Protestants, and their attacks on our faith!
Thanks and Gods Blessings to you and your family!!
Hi hojo, I sure will pray for you. I always say a prayer before I come to this thread.
Our prayer group meets on Thursdays, so if you feel the Holy Spirit on that day its because we are praying for you.
May our Lord bless you and yours too.

Have a great lenten season and a happy St. Valentine's day!
<><
truth

Perth, Australia

#420795 Feb 7, 2013
if Mary say what she say..''my soul'' magnify
''purity about spirit as soul''
or
your earthly pleasure for your joke as explanation..
must be very sad explanation..

Location hidden

#420796 Feb 7, 2013
776 710
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund. Sie sind ein Idiot und ich möchte keine wieder sprechen mit dir.
And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS...

You know, because you said you know, that "knew her", speaks of marital relations...So, Scripture says this happened, but not until she had her first born....that leaves only the time after His birth...so after the birth of Christ she was as much a virgin as the pink rabbit....

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420797 Feb 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not taking credit for anything. I said, "the Roman Catholic Church gathered, edited, and labeled the books they thought were Biblical". Its Their Bible and theirs to define. I'm Catholic, but its not mine for dictating. It belongs to the Church upon which it came.
I hate to be blunt about this, but its true. Don't get me wrong, I see many good things coming from you bible alone folks. But I have to matter-of - factly remind ya of your place when you hijack the scriptures to use against the very Church that gave them to you.
Amen, Clay.

A good read....

THE CHURCH IF THE PILLAR OF TRUTH!!!!!!!!!
“ In the Holy Bible, we read, "If I (St. Paul) am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth. Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great..." [1 Tim. 15-16]

In the aforementioned passage, two things stand out. Paul refers to:

i. The Church is the pillar and bulwark of the truth, and

ii. Our religion.

Most Protestants believe that the Bible is the pillar and foundation of the truth. They also believe that no knowledge outside of the Bible is necessary for salvation.

Such a belief, "Sola Scriptura," (meaning only need the Bible) cannot be found anywhere in the Bible. Not only that, they fall short of recognizing that Saint Paul was referring to "our religion, the Roman Catholic Church and its Rites, the only One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Chruch that was instituted on earth by Jesus Christ.

The Protestant argument that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth does not make any sense for two reasons:

i) It was not until the fourth century that the Catholic Church completed its selection of the "canon of Scripture." The Bible could not be the pillar and bulwark of the truth prior to the fourth century because the Holy Bible did not exist.

ii) It was not until the 1600's that the first Bible was printed. Prior to those days, very few Bibles were available, such being hand written and owned by the Church and/or the rich, these being kept under lock and key. So the average person had no access to the Bible. He could not use the Bible as a reference to support that it was the pillar and bulwark of the truth. In fact, the people turned to the Church to learn the tradition, the doctrines, the teachings of the Catholic Church.

The truth is that it is only during the last four hundred years that the Protestants have made claim that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth. Prior to that, they could not make such a claim because they had no access to the Bible.“

http://www.catholicdoors.com/misc/apologetics...
truth

Perth, Australia

#420798 Feb 7, 2013
prophets is not without honor..

he can be she or she can be he..
trough time..
Who is on my place..what you think?

Because we know who first coming
fallen one..

Are you sure I am wrong?

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420799 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Now since you attempt to teach me...
Suppose you show me scriptures...
from the Old and New testament ..
that authenticates/proves your... mixture of CONSTANTIN-ISM/PAGANISM to be CHRISTIANITY..
Give book, chapter, and verse please...
Give us book and chapter where it says that gif has authority to interpret the Holy Bible that Catholics gave you.
Coming from a self appointed so call pastor, and ex-truck driver, all of us would rather take the Apostles words, that were taught by Jesus over yours any day!!!
BTW, don’t you believe Jesus can convert?
Guess not.

Location hidden

#420800 Feb 7, 2013
truth wrote:
Did Timothy speak ever with mother Mary?
Did Paul ever speak with mother Mary?
i don't think so..
how do you know, you werent there. and since Paul did talk to James her son, it is very possible that he did speak to her, afer all the city of Jerusalem wasnt that big!
truth

Perth, Australia

#420801 Feb 7, 2013
It is written.

Heaven and earth between them not secret.

Earthly pleasure as sex you try explain as Lucy want..i say to you who watching creation.

Are you for sure its story about soul holy soul as spirit..or your joke with pleasure?

Its two deference things for explanation.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#420802 Feb 7, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Aposolic Succession.
A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.
A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
The Communion of the Saints.
The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.
The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.
I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.
Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.
But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.
I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.
LOTS of them.
But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.
Rob
How can any person with even the slightest knowledge of science really believe wine/grape juice/bread is actually changed into human flesh and blood by a priest? That smacks of paganism and superstition and it had been practiced centuries before the time of Christ. Some of you argue the point because your entire belief system depends upon that. You'd be lost without it. You cling to it because you've nothing left. Your priests are not magicians. In fact, a lot of them are not even decent people. But because they're Catholic you let them get away with horrible crimes. But the biggest question is: Why single out Jesus (Whom I'm sure was a VERY good Man) among all the other preachers of the day? There are so many similar stories - why do you ignore them? You WANT to believe, no other reason than that.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420803 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity is a wasted emotion Anthony.
I have compassion for you. And I'll pray for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 8 hr Rose_NoHo 193
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Sat Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web