Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653762 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420738 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Believing half-truths one goes round and round, until one finally just get tired out, and yields to temptation, then one can rationalize everything, including Gnosticism. Its the little voice in the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil....
Its better to believe in the Truth.
As it has been shown by you...."You can't handle the truth".....

;o)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420739 Feb 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage "she bore a son even though they had not had marital relations" is not in question and you know it. That's why you continue to ignore my question.
Again...I'm talking about Genesis
Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
Gen 4:17 Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch
***It's funny, ever other time catholics come out of the woodwork to debate topics but not a peep out of any of them on this one. lol
The topic of discussion was whether Mary was ever-Virgin, not the meaning of the word "knew". You'd rather change the subject and dig for some area of disagreement over the word "knew" than admit you've been proven wrong in your understanding of the orginal topic.

That's ok Chuck, I get you.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420740 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what I am in or not in?
*looks around monitor for a spy-cam*
Hmmm....are you psychic?
IMO - you are nothing but a double-talking, misdirecting so-called "Catholic" that seemsto despise other religious people and their beliefs. Allbecause of men and not wanting to believe in Jesus.
It is your call to do so.
Imagine that - Self.
NASL

You forgot to write believe in Jesus' """sayings """(smile).

You know I believe in Jesus....

You must have been flustered...Thats ok.

If one does not have pre-suppositions, then all is reduced to self-contraditions.

Peace is not just the absence of war....

Location hidden

#420741 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now wouldn't that be intersting? Although I'd probably be embarrassed from the response he may receive through this thread.
Trust in God...
there is no doubt in my mind that I would call him an [idiot],

notto mention that I would tell him that he has some of the [dumbest] flock of sheep that I have ever seen on this forum.

and then I would ask the idiot when he was Saved.and how hot was the tap water they sprinkled on his head.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420742 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why is it that people who have completed college know little about English, look at that sda cultist and his double negatives.
anyway anthony . even if the word [until] is used as a prepostiion or a conjunction it still means what is referred to in the Bible and that is at the right time, they made babies.lol
I readily admit that I butcher the barriers but I do that for emphasis NOT BECAUSE I AM IGNORANT OF THE KINGS LANGUAGE
Yes, well, the bible wasn't written in Kings English. And the King understood it the way Catholics do. Sorry bud.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420743 Feb 7, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide proof she didn't? And what would be wrong about it if she did? Got news for you - if they didn't consummate the marriage, it wasn't valid.
Hi, I'm lead to believe she never had relations with Joseph or any other man. during my research for info. about Joseph for my tours at Basilica, I discovered that he was quite old when he married Mary. He was married for 50 yrs. with children and his wife died. In fact when he discovered she was with child, he was going to divorsce her silently and silently because if the village had found this out, they would have stoned her to death. But that night, an angel paid Joseph a visit and set him straight about the child Mary was carrying.
and you know the rest of the story.

peace, and trust in God.

Location hidden

#420744 Feb 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
And they called to Lot,“Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may KNOW them
Your argument is astoundingly brilliant here. Knew you say means marital relations. So the men in Sodom and Gomorrah didnt know they had to be married to know them or did the bible sanction homosexual marriage and they were secretly married. Your conclusions are sola confusing. lol
you know that this word as used here meant for the men to have sexual intercourse and rapine with what they thought were mere men while in reality they were and did have the ability to destroy them.

in fact, the town became a name forever known in History for this type of deviant behavior.

Location hidden

#420745 Feb 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Michal the daughter of Saul had no children till the day of her death" (2 Sam. 6:23)....And this proves that Michal had children after her death.
POOF!
you are to intelligent to act this stupid, and you know it.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420746 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't acknowledge they had marital relations after Jesus' birth, and neither do the scriptures.
You are grasping at straws..again..I never said you acknowledged they had martial relations after Jesus' birth!!!!!!!

I said:

The question was asked: What does the word KNEW mean in the vesre?

You said: Marital relations. The verse is saying they didn't have marital relations before she bore a son, it doesn't mean he "knew" her afterwards.

Mah words: So...you acknowledge they had marital relations...per Scripture...Then you say it did not happen before nor after the birth of Christ...so, when did they have intercourse.....

Answer my question....so, when did they have intercourse.....

Location hidden

#420747 Feb 7, 2013
734 665
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
lol...So true. Nor would I believe what you think my religion teaches....
It is better for me to have faith, and then learn.
On this matter...it is not what I think your religion teaches...it is what I know it teaches...and on this matter I fully agree with them..

Then this does not apply to you: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Location hidden

#420748 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. All first born children in that era were called first born regardless of whether there was a second, third, fourth...
pri·mo·gen·i·ture [ pr&#63494;m&#333; jénni ch&#63510;r ] 1.first-born's right of inheritance: the right of the first-born child, usually the [[eldest]] son, to inherit the parents' entire estate
2.first-born status: the state of being the first-born child of a set of parents

guess that you are wrong.

and in the Bible,the eldest received the blessing and the estate. nothing had changed

Location hidden

#420749 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only show you what your religion teaches...I cannot make you believe it...
robert f changes religion more than the kardasians change husbands.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420750 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straws..again..I never said you acknowledged they had martial relations after Jesus' birth!!!!!!!
I said:
You said: Marital relations. The verse is saying they didn't have marital relations before she bore a son, it doesn't mean he "knew" her afterwards.
Mah words: So...you acknowledge they had marital relations...per Scripture...Then you say it did not happen before nor after the birth of Christ...so, when did they have intercourse.....
You deny that Jesus is divine.
Does it really matter what your opinion is on anything else?
The Bible ain't yours ox. Its not for you to decide.

Location hidden

#420751 Feb 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny that Jesus is divine.
Does it really matter what your opinion is on anything else?
The Bible ain't yours ox. Its not for you to decide.
Your mud missile missed by a mile!!!! I never denied the Divinity of Christ....

Location hidden

#420752 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer;
Gen 8:7 -- the raven "did not return TILL the waters were dried up..." Question: Did the raven return? NO!
Deut 34:6 -- Moses died "and no one knows his grave TILL this day." Question: Have we found Moses' grave? NO!
2 Sam 6:23 -- Michal "had no children TILL the day of her death." Question: Did she have children after she died? NO!
1 Macc 5:54 -- "...not one of them was slain TILL they had returned in peace." Was Judas M and his troops killed when they returned? NO!
Luke 1:80 -- John the B "was in the deserts TILL the day of his manifestation to Israel." Did John the B stay in the desert? YES!(cf. Matt 3:1; Mark 1:3-4; Luke 3:2-4)
John 4:49 -- "Sir, come down BEFORE my child dies!" Did he die? NO!
Rom 8:22 -- "...the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together UNTIL now." Is it still groaning? YES! <groanI found this for you. it shows the difference between the two words and ther is adifference, slight but adiffereence.

> :)
1 Cor 15:25 -- "For He must reign TILL He has put all enemies under His feet." After all enemies are put away, will Christ be reigning? YES!
Eph 4:12-13 -- "...for the equipping...for the work of ministry.... for the edifying....TILL we all come to the unity of the faith...." Once we become unified, will equipping, ministry, and edification still be necessary? YES!
1 Tim 4:13 -- "TILL I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine." When Paul arrives, no more reading, no more exhorting, no more doctrine? NO!
1 Tim 6:14 -- "....that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless UNTIL our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing..." When Jesus comes back, we should disobey these commandments? NO!
Rev 2:25-26 -- "But hold fast what you have TILL I come. And he who overcomes and keeps My works UNTIL the end, to him I will give power..." Should we stop holding fast and stop obeying when Jesus returns? NO!
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num27.htm
I found this for you. it shows the difference between the two words and there is a difference, slight but a differeence.

But till is perfectly good English and the choice of whether to use it or until is often decided by the rhythm of the sentence.

and the rhythm of the sentence concerning mary and joseph was determined by the time of her cleanliness and purification

throughout the interval extending to : during the whole time from the starting point up to : up or down to a specified time : UNTIL -- used with an implication of termination or change at the time mentioned <till his return> <till after four o'clock> <till next week> <to live till ninety>

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#420753 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I'm lead to believe she never had relations with Joseph or any other man. during my research for info. about Joseph for my tours at Basilica, I discovered that he was quite old when he married Mary. He was married for 50 yrs. with children and his wife died. In fact when he discovered she was with child, he was going to divorsce her silently and silently because if the village had found this out, they would have stoned her to death. But that night, an angel paid Joseph a visit and set him straight about the child Mary was carrying.
peace, and trust in God.
Yes, I remember Mary would have been stoned for her "sin" but Joseph had a dream where an angel told him he could trust Mary's word. Joseph must have been a very loving and compassionate person. But would it have made any difference if he and Mary DID have sex?

Location hidden

#420754 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well, the bible wasn't written in Kings English. And the King understood it the way Catholics do. Sorry bud.
sorry, but the king undserstood his english and so do we. you do too but you are to much of a coward to admit it.since that goes against all of the lies that you have been taught.

lst night, I showed that the kjv is 'spot on' with teh english transliteration of the Hebrew.

no reason to think it would b e the same with greek and it is.

and the answer to your question is Yes.

Location hidden

#420755 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
peace, and trust in God.
where did you find this gem of info that Joseph had been married for over 50 years when he married Mary?

common sense tells me this, either you are lying or your info is a lie.

this would have made jospeh over 70 years old, and no doubt to feeble to walk all of the distance down to egypt.

dont people like you have any common sense or did the nums beat that out of you idiots.BTW, I HATE STUPIDITY

Location hidden

#420756 Feb 7, 2013
never mind I found it. and the article is laugable, now they have old joe at over 90 years old.

now this is really insane to think that old joe could walk all of the way to egypt at that advanced age.lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420757 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I said:
Not gonna play word games with you. The best way to communicate with you is one or two syllable words and short sentences.

You;

"Mah words: So...you acknowledge they had marital relations...per Scripture."

Me;

No they didn't. Scripture never says they did.

Answer to your question;

They didn't.

End of discussion with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 16 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web