Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,257)

Showing posts 405,121 - 405,140 of532,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was a very good question I asked. And one you can't answer.
Its reasonable to think Joseph had children from his first marriage. Its also reasonable...that Joseph (being a devout Jew) would not venture into the Holiest of Arks.
Mary gave birth to Jesus- God made manifest. I can't imagine Joseph thinking its ok to procreate with Mary after God already had.
Clay says.....

.....Its reasonable to think Joseph had children from his first marriage.

Michael says..Come on Claypool!....Its all SPECULATION! and WISHFUL THINKING! ONLY! because it doesn't jibe with catholic ONLY teachings.

...the bible doesn't say that does it Clay?

....But the bible often mentions her other siblings, St Paul says James was the brother of the Lord, but you don't want to believe that.

Remember your own catholic fathers wrote all this stuff.

BUSTED!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
Peace
I think you put it well here....But I don't think its a pathological hatred. He just has to according to his opinion have to downplay the Blessed Mary in every way possible. To accept on even one point destroys his entire understanding of Jesus, upon which he believes he is saved....
In short he is in dire straits. He has built up this whole elaborate position. And to admit he doesn't understand, or has misunderstood something as basic as Jesus' humanity, means for him utter devastation.
It is a danger not of faith, but of belief.
lets look at what God says about mary. not robert.

Luk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto
him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought
thee sorrowing.
Luk 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I
must be about my Father's business?
Luk 2:50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

This alone proves that Mary did not fully understand the mission that Jesus was to fulfill.

looks like robert is either ignorant or lying. one or the other. both wrong in the eyes of God.

I understand his humanity and how it evolves,something you dont robert f.lol look at how the embryo begins to function as part of the woman(humanity)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
I still see no answer to my question from hojo,regina,anthony,i didn't think it ws a hard question to answer,you people are afraid,can't believe it. once again,would you still attend/defend the church like you do if one of your children was molested by a priest? what say you?
1) If you say you hate perverted priests, they say you hate their church.

2) If you say you aren't catholic, they say you hate God.

3) If you disagree with them, they say you hate their church and you hate God.

Its laughable, how much FEAR they instill in themselves.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaah....another professed Catholic "stepping out" of Catholicism and being honest.
Are you finally rethinking the truth?
Although I did notice another claim you know what "God" is doing.
Shame on you.
For the majority of RCC history, our good friend's words could have caused him to be burned at the stake and his entire estate turned over to the Church.

Oh that dang Reformation and anti-catholic Bill of Rights. Dang it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you Clay...I really do.
God did not use anyone but Christ to crush Satan and Christ surely didn't need any help from Mary....unbelievable
How would almighty God get things right without Mary or another saint whispering in His ear?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at what God says about mary. not robert.
him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought
thee sorrowing.
This alone proves that Mary did not fully understand the mission that Jesus was to fulfill.
looks like robert is either ignorant or lying. one or the other. both wrong in the eyes of God.
I understand his humanity and how it evolves,something you dont robert f.lol look at how the embryo begins to function as part of the woman(humanity)
You really need to start explaining sola scripture Preston. It seems your entire Christian faith is based on how you...and YOU only see the Bible. That in itself is not Biblical.

How can you base so much on something that was never even taught by Jesus Christ Himself?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
look him up on twitter yourself and invite him here.
Now that that the Pope is tweeting, he can learn about all the bad things going on in so many dioceses right around the world.

No need for the Pope to say anymore... "GEE NOBODY TOLD ME"
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you Clay...I really do.
God did not use anyone but Christ to crush Satan and Christ surely didn't need any help from Mary....unbelievable
Oh don't feel sorry for me Chuck. Im not the one lost in the world of scripture alone!

Of Course Christ crushed Satan by going to the Cross. But He DID need help from Mary. We all did. Had she said no to the Angel, Christ would not have come into this world. Hello??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was a very good question I asked. And one you can't answer.
Its reasonable to think Joseph had children from his first marriage. Its also reasonable...that Joseph (being a devout Jew) would not venture into the Holiest of Arks.
Mary gave birth to Jesus- God made manifest. I can't imagine Joseph thinking its ok to procreate with Mary after God already had.
it is very [UNREASONABLE] THAT GROWN MEN AND WOMEN WOULD ACCOMPANY A WOMEN WHO WAS NOT EVEN RELATED TO HER, ISNT IT?lol.

and yes it is very reasonable why Joseph would not enter into the Holiest of arks, SINCE THERE AINT NO SUCH THING.

are you trying to discuss the Holy of Holies that only a high priest could enter?

so it finally comes out, you catholics do think that God had sex with mary, which still would make Jesus half man/half god.

either way, you dont win with false doctrines.

The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph did not know her intimately UNTIL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible does not say that she remained a virgin, nor does the Bible say that Jesus was her only child. This teaching that suggests that Mary remained a virgin is antibiblical. Mary did not remain a virgin. This is for certain.

For a woman to remain a virgin while being married to her husband would be considered a sin by God's standards. God created marriage. The two become one flesh and the bed is undefiled in marriage. Mary and Joseph were married in every sense of the word. Joseph took Mary to be his wife, not a roommate.
Had she remained a virgin her entire married life, this would have been very dysfunctional. It would have displeased her husband and the Lord.

The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph knew her not
(intimately) TILL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible specifically says that Jesus had brothers and even mentions their names. Jesus had sisters too.

I would love for any catholic to prove that mary never had any more children.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If you say you hate perverted priests, they say you hate their church.
2) If you say you aren't catholic, they say you hate God.
3) If you disagree with them, they say you hate their church and you hate God.
Its laughable, how much FEAR they instill in themselves.
I wonder what's worse?

1... Hating their god?

2... Hating their church?

3... Or hating how one of the most powerful institutions on earth acts like a bully and uses its power to block justice for sexually abused orphans?

Personally, I hate boastful, self-righteous bullies.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to start explaining sola scripture Preston. It seems your entire Christian faith is based on how you...and YOU only see the Bible. That in itself is not Biblical.
How can you base so much on something that was never even taught by Jesus Christ Himself?
But He answered and said, "It is written,'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are the idiot that said mary sacrificed her son, not me.
and sorry, but it isnt the least difficult to explain that Jesu was not taken by force. I love the OT but I am well versed in the NT also.unlike you.all a person has to do is read about the garden incident(I aint talking about ricky nelson and the [garden party]either
your words"Those who are born again, know that they must sacrifice themselvs in order for the new creature to live...."
that is about as dumb as clays statement, do you catholics take stupity 202 in your sunday school classes?
tHE "new creature" lives because he died and it is NOTHING THAT WE DO OR HAVE DONE.as every Born Again Chrsitan willa ttest to
ROBERT, YOU TRY AND ACT LIKE YOU ARE SMART AND ALL IT DOES IS SHOW HOW IGNORANT THAT YOU ARE.
Robert does a very good job. This is evident in your frustrations. You been proven in error on your theology.
This has gotta be devastating to someone who's spent their entire lives telling everyone what scripture is saying. Now, rather than admit error, your going to call everyone idiots, including Ignatius; ordained a Bishop by the Apostles.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst woman and Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of luke saying that mary didnt undestand what jesus was saying confuses you. it isnt me saying that she knew, it was robert and those few verses prove he dont know what he is talking about as Oxbor also showed about him.

that last verse explained it self.

what part of that can you not understand?

does the word[not] mean anything to you, can you understand that?

Mary didnt even know what role her son was going to play in the battle against satan for our very soul, and you catholics are so dumb that you call her a queen of heaven, and the mother of god.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is very [UNREASONABLE] THAT GROWN MEN AND WOMEN WOULD ACCOMPANY A WOMEN WHO WAS NOT EVEN RELATED TO HER, ISNT IT?lol.
and yes it is very reasonable why Joseph would not enter into the Holiest of arks, SINCE THERE AINT NO SUCH THING.
are you trying to discuss the Holy of Holies that only a high priest could enter?
so it finally comes out, you catholics do think that God had sex with mary, which still would make Jesus half man/half god.
either way, you dont win with false doctrines.
The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph did not know her intimately UNTIL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible does not say that she remained a virgin, nor does the Bible say that Jesus was her only child. This teaching that suggests that Mary remained a virgin is antibiblical. Mary did not remain a virgin. This is for certain.
For a woman to remain a virgin while being married to her husband would be considered a sin by God's standards. God created marriage. The two become one flesh and the bed is undefiled in marriage. Mary and Joseph were married in every sense of the word. Joseph took Mary to be his wife, not a roommate.
Had she remained a virgin her entire married life, this would have been very dysfunctional. It would have displeased her husband and the Lord.
The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph knew her not
(intimately) TILL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible specifically says that Jesus had brothers and even mentions their names. Jesus had sisters too.
I would love for any catholic to prove that mary never had any more children.
Actually, the onus is on you to prove it. Its the Catholic Church's Bible. They get to define it and interpret it. They wrote it, compiled it and printed it.
You got guts butting in and telling them how to read it. Heck, you don't even know if its authentically written by the Apostles? Unless the Apostle Paul told your Grandpa to tell you the 27 books in your KJV Bible are authentic?
For the record, the Bible does not say Mary gave birth to ANYONE but Jesus Christ.
Other than that, you'd be correct in saying that the Bible does not detail her entire life.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so tell us robert when you received the Holy spirit and dont say that you cant remeber. a special Spirtiual Experience likle that a person never forgets and if you did, why have you drifted in and out of your religion.
and just reading your drivel convinces us that you havent received Him when you say that the fruit of the spirit is given to other people also. it isnt any wonder that I consider you a flake( a nice guy but a flake).
Jesus made it clear in that seventh chapter of John that the holy Spirit is only given to those that Believe in Him so that makes you a liar. robert.
preston

I am sorry preston. But when one accepts the Holy Spirit, one generally doesn't take down the date, and the hour. I leave that to the temporally minded.

I would rather not describe my experience on this sort of forum, not because of fear or ridicule, but rather depending upon an experience is more a belief, than it is of faith. And I accept that my beliefs change as my understanding changes.

(By the way. John7. I see nothing about a strict, or literal interpretation that the Spirit is given to ONLY those that believe on him....But of course you would. I would that you could see.)

I will keep praying for you.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
But He answered and said, "It is written,'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"
Who said the New Testament is the Bible? The Roman Catholic Church.
Who organized it and decided all those books belonged in the Bible?
The Roman Catholic Church.
They get to define it.
And they did just that. You and the conspiracy christians are nuts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert does a very good job. This is evident in your frustrations. You been proven in error on your theology.
This has gotta be devastating to someone who's spent their entire lives telling everyone what scripture is saying. Now, rather than admit error, your going to call everyone idiots, including Ignatius; ordained a Bishop by the Apostles.
Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst woman and Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
clay, almost every thing that robert says, I contradict with the Word of God.for instance he just said that all people have the fruits of the Spirit when only Christians are given the spirit of Christ. as far as iggie, what you catholics have made him into,i call a idiot just as I do catholic mary who is not the Mary in the bible.

and the Bible does not say, hail mary full of grace.

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Notice that the Biblical text does not say, "Hail Mary full of grace..." This is a misinterpretation of the Greek text.

The Greek word for "highly favoured" means "to grace, that is, indue with special honor:- make accepted, be highly favoured." God gave this special honor to Mary to bear the Messiah. To Grace...not "full of grace."

so why do you make the bible of little value and cheapen it so with these lies told about mary?

as far as my whole life, afraid not, I have only been a christian 30 out of my seventy years.but I do admit as to being brought up in a christian home attending sunday class and studying the Bible from the time that I was around 4 or 5, albeit it was in the form of comic type. but I learned much that way and when i grew up, I didnt depart from that way(and i am getting blessed by the lord.)

but I must admit some frustration with robert being as stupid as he is, this does frustrate me. my wife and many others have told me how patient that I am to teach people in simple terms the Gospel, but robert doesnt even understand that.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at what God says about mary. not robert.
thee sorrowing.
preston

You are making an assumption about Joseph and Blessed Mary, about what they were thinking in Luke 2

The opposite assumption is more probable. They feared that Jesus' time had come. And that his disappearance was the doing of God taking him away as a sacrifice, and went back to the Temple after 3 days(remember Jesus was dead 3 days). And so they were sorrowful, even as his Blessed Mother was in sorrow when she looked upon Him on the Cross.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Of Course Christ crushed Satan by going to the Cross.
Your use fo metaphors to promote any truths is horrendous.

First off - no where in the "passion" did Jesus "crush Satan" while "going to the Cross".

Otherwise, it would have been written in the Bible, or Mel would've used it in his movie.

Since neither occurred, its not there.

Please stop misleading using your own fears.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 405,121 - 405,140 of532,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Crazy 8,116
More 6 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 11 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 15 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••