Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,719
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420437 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the onus is on you to prove it. Its the Catholic Church's Bible. They get to define it and interpret it. They wrote it, compiled it and printed it.
You got guts butting in and telling them how to read it. Heck, you don't even know if its authentically written by the Apostles? Unless the Apostle Paul told your Grandpa to tell you the 27 books in your KJV Bible are authentic?
For the record, the Bible does not say Mary gave birth to ANYONE but Jesus Christ.
Other than that, you'd be correct in saying that the Bible does not detail her entire life.
guess that you havent read my testimony about my KJV but I will gladly give it again.

when i was first saved, the Lord woke me up and told me to call cathie and when i did she started crying and telling me about her dad, who was not well.when i walked out of my home, the Lord told me to take my Bible that I would need it.when I walked into the ICU, kessler was making a lot of noise and having a hard time breathing. and God told me to kneel and place one hand on him and the other on my Bible. when i began to pray, the Power from that Bible flowed into me and thru me into him.he then began to breath better and settle down.

my kjv was proven to me that day by God, i need no more, and I dont use any other, tho I have a jewish Scripture Bible, and it is in alignment with my kjv.

and for the record, the bible doesnt say that Mary remained a virgin her whole life either. and the fact was this. they were Married, and not to have had more children would have been a sin in the eyes of the lord, and mary was a good jewish woman and loved the Lord so she would have hand many more. the women were commanded by God to multiply, to fail to obey God would have been a sin,now if you love God and mary, you wouldnt want her to be a sinful woman, would you? and to claim that she remained childless you infer that she lived in sin

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420438 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are the idiot that said mary sacrificed her son, not me.
and sorry, but it isnt the least difficult to explain that Jesu was not taken by force. I love the OT but I am well versed in the NT also.unlike you.all a person has to do is read about the garden incident(I aint talking about ricky nelson and the [garden party]either
your words"Those who are born again, know that they must sacrifice themselvs in order for the new creature to live...."
that is about as dumb as clays statement, do you catholics take stupity 202 in your sunday school classes?
tHE "new creature" lives because he died and it is NOTHING THAT WE DO OR HAVE DONE.as every Born Again Chrsitan willa ttest to
ROBERT, YOU TRY AND ACT LIKE YOU ARE SMART AND ALL IT DOES IS SHOW HOW IGNORANT THAT YOU ARE.
preston

2 Cor 5 17
" Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

You have to replace the "old creature" if there is a new creature. One is born-again if they are a man in Christ....The old creature must be dead. The only way to do that is to die. To sacrifice oneself totally to Jesus....

You cannot because of your belief(which is based in exerience and thinking in the "old" man), that Jesus is some ontological duplicate of mankind. I know you have the faith. You just need to let go of your way of thinking so that it can be transformed by Christ.

Romans 12 2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Location hidden

#420439 Feb 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
362 231 213
<quoted text>
Thank you...but no help needed....I can plainly see there is no Scripture that even hints of Mary "offering her son as a sacrifice".....
It does teach: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Your presentation of all of Isaiah 53 and all of Luke 1, as teaching that Mary offered up her Son as a sacrifice is evident of your total lack of lucidity...
Oxbow

I am happy for you in your new found faith.

Stepping away and getting various viewpoints is the sign of a healthy mind.

We may believe differently, as our experiences dictate.
Clay

United States

#420440 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>clay, why are you acting so silly? if it hadnt been mary, it would have been anotehr young maiden. to think that God couldnt ahv e brought Jesus into this world without mary is not in agreement with the wor of God. and i am glad that I dont know the limited god that you catholics know. my God can do anything. he is God. He can make teh rocks stand up and proclaim Jesu is Lord, if he can do this and he can, he could easily replace mary.
For with God nothing shall be impossible.
luke 1:37.
everything that you say, i prove you dont have a clue about the Power of God.
True. God didn't need to create you or me or any of us too.
Funny you say "my God can do anything".

EXCEPT make Mary sinless. Bring her to Heaven body and soul. Put the real presence of Jesus Christ in the bread and wine.

You degrade Mary and offend Jesus when you say Mary was nothing special; "if it wasn't her it would have been someone else"

Don't tell that to me Preston. Tell that to Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#420441 Feb 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaah....another professed Catholic "stepping out" of Catholicism and being honest.
Are you finally rethinking the truth?
Although I did notice another claim you know what "God" is doing.
Shame on you.
NASL

lol....I leave being clueless as to what God is doing up to you....

Oh, I guess that's because you don't believe in God in the first place....

No. I am not rethinking the truth....Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Why don't you believe in the truth?

Location hidden

#420442 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I am sorry preston. But when one accepts the Holy Spirit, one generally doesn't take down the date, and the hour. I leave that to the temporally minded.
I would rather not describe my experience on this sort of forum, not because of fear or ridicule, but rather depending upon an experience is more a belief, than it is of faith. And I accept that my beliefs change as my understanding changes.
(By the way. John7. I see nothing about a strict, or literal interpretation that the Spirit is given to ONLY those that believe on him....But of course you would. I would that you could see.)
I will keep praying for you.
robert, i didnt expect an aanswer rom for one simple reasdon, a person cant testify of something that they dont possess. and not to tell someone is a sin, you do know that ,right?

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

and yes, a person will remember when they gave their life to the Lord. Paul never forgot His Experience, nor will I.

as I have said oftimes.

my first birth, I cant remember,

my second birth, I cant forget.

and EVERY CHRISTIAN on this forum knows when god forgave them of their sins.

and no catholic can remember when they got sprinkled by pa water when they were a baby.

robert, you aint even as close to being saved as the sda cultist on this forum is. you are more accountable than he is, you do have a modicum of intelligence, he doesnt.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420443 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is not as simple as you guys make it out to be. If fact, its just the opposite. It should be read in the form of topology; a geometric connection from the OT flowing into the NT. This is how you begin to understand Catholicism.
Christ started a Church. This Church added 27 books to the Hebrew books. It didn't replace the OT with a NT.
Who wants to know catholicism, I want to know God.
Catholic have change the contexts of the Holy Scripture, adding to and subtracting scriptures.
You not unlike the J.W. who created the Book of Mormons. catholic's is called the catechism.
You do not live by the Holy Scriptures you take credit for giving the world, and give us trouble for trying to living by the word of God.
To cover one lie catholic's have to tell another lie.
Your arguments about Mary is not logical, there is not prove Mary is Queen of Heaven, or remained a virgin.
The bible does not say Joseph had other Child by a previous marriage, but it does name children that he and Mary had.
Also the children were all younger then Jesus, so it is inpossible for them to be Josephs children.
Some catholic's say that Joseph was a virgin, and so was Mary's Mother. Not Just Mary. Remember Clay I have married into two catholic families. I have heard it all.
All catholic's don't believe the same things. I can tell you that.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#420444 Feb 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
But He answered and said, "It is written,'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"
Every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God....not every word that was written down.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#420445 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert does a very good job. This is evident in your frustrations. You been proven in error on your theology.
This has gotta be devastating to someone who's spent their entire lives telling everyone what scripture is saying. Now, rather than admit error, your going to call everyone idiots, including Ignatius; ordained a Bishop by the Apostles.
Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst woman and Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Amen!

Oh, Mary, conceived without sin,
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Immaculate heart of Mary,
Pray for us.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph,
Pray for us.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420446 Feb 6, 2013
439 362 231 213
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
I am happy for you in your new found faith.
Stepping away and getting various viewpoints is the sign of a healthy mind.
We may believe differently, as our experiences dictate.
Your vain attempt to save face is duly noted...

Location hidden

#420447 Feb 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
364 295
<quoted text>
Non refutable truth. Proof of that statement is in the fact that you did not, because you cannot. deny the truth as I expressed..
This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.
Oxbow

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/apologia/saintbe...

This is a very readable side by side O.T. and N.T. comparison of Mary as being the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant....Just look at the comparisons first, and then read into the article....

Location hidden

#420448 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
You are making an assumption about Joseph and Blessed Mary, about what they were thinking in Luke 2
The opposite assumption is more probable. They feared that Jesus' time had come. And that his disappearance was the doing of God taking him away as a sacrifice, and went back to the Temple after 3 days(remember Jesus was dead 3 days). And so they were sorrowful, even as his Blessed Mother was in sorrow when she looked upon Him on the Cross.
lol, I think that you are confusing me with Luke who according to you made this assumption in the 50th verse.

Luk 2:50 And they [understood not] the saying which he spake unto them.

man, you are complete stupid robert. the Bible says that they went one days march, and then his sinless mom(according to catholicism) noticed him gone, so they went back and it probably didnt take them one day as two could go faster than a whole crowd.

so where you come up with this 3 days is beyond me since that time is around 38 years or so in the future.

and I can see no sense of sorrow when they found him only relief.lol

you continue to amaze me with your nonsensical statements
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#420449 Feb 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wants to know catholicism, I want to know God.
Catholic have change the contexts of the Holy Scripture, adding to and subtracting scriptures.
You not unlike the J.W. who created the Book of Mormons. catholic's is called the catechism.
You do not live by the Holy Scriptures you take credit for giving the world, and give us trouble for trying to living by the word of God.
To cover one lie catholic's have to tell another lie.
Your arguments about Mary is not logical, there is not prove Mary is Queen of Heaven, or remained a virgin.
The bible does not say Joseph had other Child by a previous marriage, but it does name children that he and Mary had.
Also the children were all younger then Jesus, so it is inpossible for them to be Josephs children.
Some catholic's say that Joseph was a virgin, and so was Mary's Mother. Not Just Mary. Remember Clay I have married into two catholic families. I have heard it all.
All catholic's don't believe the same things. I can tell you that.
Kindly give us the chapter and verse that says the Blessed Virgin Mary was the mother of anyone but Jesus. If you cannot do so, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call BS.

When you've done that you can then give us the chapter and verse that lists the ages of these so-called children of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph.

Also, no Catholic would say that St. Anne, the mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was a virgin.
There is only ONE virgin birth and that is Jesus.

I don't doubt that you've heard it all...but you weren't hearing it through your ears.

Location hidden

#420450 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
True. God didn't need to create you or me or any of us too.
Funny you say "my God can do anything".
EXCEPT make Mary sinless. Bring her to Heaven body and soul. You degrade Mary and offend Jesus when you say Mary was nothing special; "if it wasn't her it would have been someone else"
Don't tell that to me Preston. Tell that to Jesus Christ.
First God cant lie. so he told jewish women to multiply and have many children. mary being jewish would have to obey this commandment, so she couldnt stay sinless if she refused to Obey Gods comandment.

"bring her to heaven body and soul" yes He could, but you cant prove it, so it remains to be seen.

"Put the real presence of Jesus Christ in the bread and wine".
Nah, God is God, he doesnt place Himself anywhere except in the Heart and soul of a person. He is the Creator(you did know that right,) not the creation(a piece of grain,etc).

as far as degradng mary, I leave that to the simian level of catholicism
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#420451 Feb 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Responding with a question, when asked a question, just shows that you don't know the answer tot he original question, and you would rather divert from answering, than be truthful with supplying an answer.
I'll consider this just another non-answer from another unknowledgable and uninformed Catholic.
Your evasion shows your true Self.
Ok!! We as Catholics "do" believe and "have always believed in Jesus!!! His OWN "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the Gospels regarding His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 and the Eucharist--John 6:47-59 regarding His "True Body and True Blood"-------So---New Age---(the question again is :"Why don't you"????
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420452 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Kindly give us the chapter and verse that says the Blessed Virgin Mary was the mother of anyone but Jesus. If you cannot do so, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call BS.
When you've done that you can then give us the chapter and verse that lists the ages of these so-called children of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph.
Also, no Catholic would say that St. Anne, the mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was a virgin.
There is only ONE virgin birth and that is Jesus.
I don't doubt that you've heard it all...but you weren't hearing it through your ears.
I can't help it Regina, if you do not understand the Holy Scripture.
You have been give these scripture's a dozen times or more .
you can't accept them because your church has evident lies to exalt Mary .

Location hidden

#420453 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God....not every word that was written down.
those that are written down are all sufficient for Christians to know how they should live their lives, do you agree?LOL.

so much so, that we dont need another testimony of Jesus nor any words and rituals from another church that He didnt start, hint, hint.

the church that Jesus started was Jewish and thankfully He allowed we gentiles to be grafted into that First church
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420454 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
Oh, Mary, conceived without sin,
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.
Immaculate heart of Mary,
Pray for us.
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph,
Pray for us.
The only person here that can help you is Jesus.
Mary and Joseph can't not.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#420455 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
No. I am not rethinking the truth....Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
Why don't you believe in the truth?
Well considering I believe what Jesus taught - your questioning is unfounded and seems to be mis-directing.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#420456 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
BTW - I don't know what "God" can or cannot do....as I am not "He".

Those who think they know what he does or doesn't do, are only showing others how incomprehensible that person is to the workings of religion.

Also - I don't believe in your "God". That doesn't say I don't believe in some spiritual "Supreme Being", because I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 1 hr barefoot2626 2,007
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 8,910
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web