Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690474 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#420682 Feb 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you the smart one here.KNEW is sexual relations,Joseph knew her not UNTIL-------Simple fact of Joseph not having sexual relations with Mary UNTIL she was ready,after Jesus was born,and a time of waiting for her to resume her obligation of being a wife to a righteous son of Israel.You are JEWISH?
So whether KNEW is a distorted sexual encounter between the male rapists of Sodom,or that which describes the relationship familiar to a husband and wife,we k n o w the difference smart guy!You cheapen the word by such an attempt to define words to a Catholic mentality.
You say, "Knew is sexual relations." Thank you! The men of Sodom did not seek marital relations. The End.

As for your conclusions that she was not ready yet and had other children that is not proven in the bible period. Until is not an argument based on what it means when used in the bible. I presented enough texts to prove that. Where does the bible say Mary knew Joseph before or after or any man?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420683 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Calvin, Luther, Zwingli and all your sola scriptura protestant ancestors who had the same bible you do says she didn't. They called people fools who would suggest she did based on the word "until" because they understood the usage of the term and the average uneducated peasant didn't (modern day protestant who picks up a KJV and decides they can interpret on their own, lol).
I guess you just know the bible better than they did and have better guidance by the Holy Spirit.
What do you say we leave the ancesters out of it. I want your opinion Tony. Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks

Gen 44 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain

Gen 4:17 Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

#420684 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, I am not interested in beating anyone up period.
Violence begets violence.
But don't you think it would be interesting if the Pope came on here.
There are a lot of people how ever who would like to punch him.
I am not one of them.
Sure you are, you're the one who brought it up.

The only ones who would like to punch him want to marry each other (and they're both men). The other one is also an effete snob, but he can't even find a man who'll put up with him.
The rest are simply deniers of the truth.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420685 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What logic!!!!
A. You know that the Bible teaches they had marital relations...
B. You say he did not know her before she bore a Son.
C. You say that doesn't mean he "knew" her afterwards.
So...Anthony...when, exactly did they have marital relations!!!!!?????
A. No, the bible doean't teach they had marital relations.
B. Yes, the bible says they did not have marital relations before she bore a son. This is another way we know of the virgin birth.
C. Yes, the usage of the word "until" in that time meant "not up to the point that" she bore a son. It does not mean it occured aterwards.

They never did have marital relations. They were not an average Jewish couple. They were raising the Son of God.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420686 Feb 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You say, "Knew is sexual relations." Thank you! The men of Sodom did not seek marital relations. The End.
Anthony said knew means martial relations. Are you going to set your fellow catholic straight?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420687 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, I am not interested in beating anyone up period.
Violence begets violence.
But don't you think it would be interesting if the Pope came on here.
There are a lot of people how ever who would like to punch him.
I am not one of them.
I feel so sorry for you.
MICHAEL

Canada

#420688 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU and your other bible only believers are the ones that "keep saying" that every word, phrase and sentence "must be in the bible" in order for it to be true.... We as Catholics ALL know that (you keep spinning your wheels) and that your distorted, unbiblical (self-opinionated)_ belief is false, UNTRUE and is a lie!!....! There is NOTHING in the bible that supports "any of your bible only" doctrine!!...Furthermore--- Why do you keep referring to Church History (regarding Constantine and Church Tradition when you don't support and don't believe "either one" As far as your concerned Constantine (never existed) and that there is "no such thing as church history) because Constantines name is not in the bible!!---yet you keep referring to him. You continue to speak out of "both sides of your mouth" or better called "forked tongue"!! Confrinting--you keep "digging" deeper and deeper hole for yourself with your (bogus) "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity. You are not fooling "anyone" but yourself!!
You forgot to say 1.168 billion catholics, which equals just 16.5432%.........out of 7,292,568,799 in our world.

http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop

2,000 years and only 16.5% and today most don't even adhere to their belief which makes it about 8%. OMG!

I bring stories of truth. Catholics don't like truth unless its their truth.

CONFIRMED!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420689 Feb 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you say we leave the ancesters out of it. I want your opinion Tony. Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks
No we're not going to leave your protestant ancestors out of it because they read the exact same passage from scripture and said the word "until" means something entirely different than what you and your friends here think it means. How is that possible if your both being led in all truth by the Holy Spirit and scripture is your only authority?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420690 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The firstborn were always called firstborn regardless of whether there was a second or third or fourth...
Christ was God's only begotten Son...the Bible says so. Christ is never referred to as Mary's only begotten Son....

If there is only one child born to a couple, that child is not the firstborn....he is the only born!!!!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420691 Feb 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony said knew means martial relations. Are you going to set your fellow catholic straight?
Your claim that she had marital relations AFTER giving birth to Jesus is based on the word "until" in this passage.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420692 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was God's only begotten Son...the Bible says so. Christ is never referred to as Mary's only begotten Son....
If there is only one child born to a couple, that child is not the firstborn....he is the only born!!!!!
Wrong. All first born children in that era were called first born regardless of whether there was a second, third, fourth...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420693 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Always thinking that every non-Catholic is a deviant, huh?
Another tactic you Catholics enjoy, huh?
You are incorrect, yet again.
I do believe that what Jesus taught is true, but you don't.
You accept the teachings of men to be those truths.
Why do you continue to lie about me?
NASL

Funny I ask one question, and get three half-truth questions thrown back at me, making me waste my time trying to explain 6 different ways....

If I asked anymore, it might take me a month to untangle the camoflouge, but it all comes back to you not believing in God in the Bible....
MICHAEL

Canada

#420694 Feb 7, 2013
Catholics are much like AMISH people. If you decide to leave the church they SHUN you. No farewells, no goodbyes or no goodluck, just the SILENT TREATMENT. Millions of catholics, thousands of priests and nuns have suffered the same fate.

I met an ex nun several years ago, and she left the convent for personal reasons. She said once the other nuns knew she was leaving they gave her the silent treatment and SHUNNED her until she left. How childish!

No wonder so many catholics have the fear!! and do as they are told.

very, very sad.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420695 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No we're not going to leave your protestant ancestors out of it because they read the exact same passage from scripture and said the word "until" means something entirely different than what you and your friends here think it means. How is that possible if your both being led in all truth by the Holy Spirit and scripture is your only authority?
Not looking at the word "until", looking at the word "knew" in the passages below. I just want your opinion...actually just a Yes or No...thanks

Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420696 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim that she had marital relations AFTER giving birth to Jesus is based on the word "until" in this passage.
Martial realtions was nevr ever said by me.

My claim was Mary had sexual relations with Joseph after Jesus was born.

Catholic doctrine says she was a virgin her whole life...no?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420697 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunked.
"God" - as the OT describes, killed many people.
Looks like "He" broke "His" own commandment.
Your "God" lies. But what do you expect from an "abomination"?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
Why don't you believe Jesus?
NASL

Being in Gnostic darkness(chaos), you can't tell sin from righteousness.

God must punish sinners, and wickedness in order to maintain order....

"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.(Deuteronomy 9:5)"

Accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, and your sin will be paid for....
MICHAEL

Canada

#420698 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. All first born children in that era were called first born regardless of whether there was a second, third, fourth...
Not according to this....

http://bible.org/question/what-significance-%...

If the church never said Mary was an ever virgin, you would then say the bible is right and Mary had 8 kids!(lol)

off topic:

During the past few years myself and others have told you repeatedly don't fling mud at others until you clean up the mud in your own yard. You always disagreed! Insulted me, called me names for saying that.

.... As soon as Father Rob tells you not to fling mud......you now say YES SIR! no more mud flinging!

Why the sudden change?(lol)

Your a PHONY!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420699 Feb 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not looking at the word "until", looking at the word "knew" in the passages below. I just want your opinion...actually just a Yes or No...thanks
Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks
If the passage read "she bore a son even though they had not had marital relations", would you still be arguing about it? No you wouldn't. The reason you say she had other children is because of the word "until", it has nothing to do with the word "knew".

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420700 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Funny I ask one question, and get three half-truth questions thrown back at me, making me waste my time trying to explain 6 different ways....
If I asked anymore, it might take me a month to untangle the camoflouge, but it all comes back to you not believing in God in the Bible....
Now you are being specific - "God in the Bible".

You are right. I don't believe men and what they think they know of "God", because they only use a portion of the details that have been written about him.

Why do you believe in "halfsies"? It's okay, you get to believe as you choose, even though it is unfounded.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420701 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
I just shared a site with you. Next time do the same, you don't need to copy some definition.
By the way jets and computers are not mentioned in the N.T. either. They must be hogwash too....
Try to think a little more logically, symbolically, allegorically, and spiritually when it comes to the whole Bible. It will help you.
I can only show you what your religion teaches...I cannot make you believe it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Finally Shocked 10,659
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web