Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,695
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420360 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember this powerful painting of Mary crushing the head of the Serpent with her foot. It hung at the entrance of our grade school.
Its no wonder Satan uses these so called born agains to isolate his enemy. Some are so disrespectful to her, they will not even utter the Biblical definition: Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Devils clever strategy of getting them lost in the world of private interpretations of Scriptsure has produced countless heresy.
- simply believing in Christ is all you need.
- The New Testament is all there is about the Holy Family. If its not explicitly spelled out, they toss it aside.
- The Eucharist is nothing but a cracker.
- Mary is nothing but a vessel.
- to some, Christ is not even divine anymore
Satan is enjoying toying with these guys. 42,000 and counting!
mary, the blessed virgin(does that satisfy you, clay) only remained a virgin until after Jesus was born, and then mary and Joseph did what many married couples do, they had more babies.lol.

and then like husbands and wives do, they named them. second was James and right on down the line with a couple of little girls mixed in the romper room to make things interesting

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420361 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Mary not give birth to God, bringing Him into this world?
Why are you looking for an explicit word for word title, calling her a "Immaculate Ark"?
You need help....

I never called Mary a "Immaculate Ark"!!!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420362 Feb 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciate your response...but it does not change the truth...per Scripture:
There is no Scripture that even hints of Mary "offering her son as a sacrifice".....
It does teach: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Oxbow

I am sorry. I wish I could help you.

Mary knew Isaiah 53, and Jesus would suffer and die. It is hard to realize at what point she knew this, per some definite scripture. Thus it must be taken on faith(And I won't go into this now).

Here is the point. If Mary said to Jesus, not to sacrifice Himself, he would have had to honor her request, as he would be obligated under the Law of Moses to not disobey her. Therefore Mary in accordance with God's Will, allowed the sacrifice of Jesus, by her faith, as expressed in Luke 1.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420363 Feb 6, 2013
341 295
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>typical catholic rhetoric that they learn in the 8th grade(in case they dont have a high school in their area) the nuns want them to have this morsel of info.
seriously, they get this tidbit from the likes, no less of steve ray, who tries and compares this to the words of paul speaking of Adam being a form of Christ.
since the catholics are very carnal minded, they need to interject some spirituality into their doctrine SO THEY LIE ABOUT MARY AS THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE.
My birth certificate says I was born a Catholic...

I remained so for forty years...being now an ex Catholic, I can clearly see the truth in your words...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420364 Feb 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.
Your opinion of what can be supported by scripture is meaningless to Christians.

Location hidden

#420365 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
. Since you you reject the Incarnation of Christ, this hatred is causing you to reject the Incarnation of Christ. That makes you a non-Christian.
BTW, what kind of relationship did you have with your father?
I have a great relationship with my heaven father, one that you dont have.

and how many time must I give you my testimony of how when i was about to die, i didnt because of Jesus Protecting me in Jan 1965.

How then could I reject One in who I have seen and you have never seen?

I testify of Him in whom I have seen and yet in your lying you say that I reject Him.lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420366 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>typical catholic rhetoric that they learn in the 8th grade(in case they dont have a high school in their area) the nuns want them to have this morsel of info.
seriously, they get this tidbit from the likes, no less of steve ray, who tries and compares this to the words of paul speaking of Adam being a form of Christ.
since the catholics are very carnal minded, they need to interject some spirituality into their doctrine SO THEY LIE ABOUT MARY AS THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE.
I'm not surpised to see you two deniers of Christ warming up to each other.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#420367 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You compare your fantasy that Mary was implanted with an embryo vs. the Christian belief of the Incarnation as some kind of boxing match? Only in the delusional mind of a patholigical narcissist.
"Mary, a Virgin not only undefiled but a Virgin whom grace has made inviolate, free of every stain of sin." Ambrose, Sermon 22:30 (A.D. 388).
You reject the Incarnation due to your irrational hatred of Mary and because of that it forces you to come up with the delusional fantasy that she was a surrogate. That places you outside of Christianity.
You need to get saved.

Why not hate Mary?

Mary didn't get enough devotion, so she started World War 2 -- at least according to an approved RCC apparition.

Or, maybe the RCC is full of baloney too?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420368 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember this powerful painting of Mary crushing the head of the Serpent with her foot. It hung at the entrance of our grade school.
Its no wonder Satan uses these so called born agains to isolate his enemy.
What Satan tries to do is take glory away from God and that is exactly what you do Clay. You glorify Mary rather than Almighty God.

Clay can you look at these passages and tell me where your church stands on them...please focus on the word KNEW...thanks

Matt 1:24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but KNEW her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

Gen 4:Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. When he built a city, he called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch

Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain

**Now you're sure Mary was a virgin her whole life?
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#420369 Feb 6, 2013
truth wrote:
ubiceeeeeeeeeeeeeee
killerssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssss
mind posessorssssssssssssssssssssss
killerssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss
they dayinggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggg
dieddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddd
i am not careeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
take a break from this truth. we are not all evil on hear. remember what our dear Pope Benedict XVI is into this yr. Social media, but he wants us to act right on these social medias. Be the true catholic you know you are. don't fall into the evil traps of others on here.
I get knocked down alot, never claim to know it all, although some think because you are a catholic you know it all, how can you do this or agree with that.....crazy people...
what they fail to remember is that we are only human and make mistakes also but we also try to live as though Jesus is sitting right next to us. and he is in a sense.
so please, don't go away. enjoy reading your posts. you are very informative.
Trust in God....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420370 Feb 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
No one challenges the Bible. Your views added to the Bible..., we know them well.(smile), and challenge them. It always goes back to this with you.
---
IF YOU ARE LIVING BY THE BIBLE ..WHERE IS YOUR FRUITS...?
Jesus said
Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS...
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is
love,
joy,
peace,
longsuffering,
gentleness,
goodness,
faith,
Gal 5:23
Meekness,
temperance:
against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
QUESTION ..
HOW CAN YOU LIVE BY THE SPIRIT IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT?
WHY NOT OBEY JESUS AND STOP YOUR CONFUSION OF FACE.
___
JESUS SAID...
Joh 3:3 JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HIM, VERILY, VERILY I SAY UNTO THEE...EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN,HE CANNOT SEE...
... properly to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Compare G3700.
THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
confrint

Good point/question....

I actually do think that people can live by the Spirit of God, with the fruits of the Spirit being exampled in their lives, without having a saving knowledge of Jesus.(And God will Judge them accordingly. It will be interesting to see how vast the multitude might be....)

For me personally, yes I have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, been baptized, and confess His Name. I have received the Holy Spirit, that leads me, and councils me in Truth.

I think all things are possible with God. And that for istance, there were Jews prior to Jesus and after Jesus that display the fruits of the Spirit.(Also people of other religions.)

Again to think that the fruit of the Spirit is exclusive to some one person or group, such as Christians, is very much diminishing the Mind of God, and His Goodness.

Melbourne, FL

#420371 Feb 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe with your narrow mind that everyone in our world should think just like a catholic, be just like you?(lol)
Catholicism after 2,000 long years, makes up a tiny population in our world. 17%. Less than half practice their faith so now we are down to 8.5%. Not really a big player in the whole scheme of things now is it?
BUSTED!
According to the stats I read, less than 1/4 actually practice the faith.

So 8.5% is more like 4.3%

Jesus died, put the RCC in charge and 4.3% of humans are saved?

Not much of a track record for a one-true church, so the claim is BUSTED.

That ... or Jesus is a buffoon?

One or the other. It can't possibly be both.

Location hidden

#420372 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
chuck
That is a philosophical opinion of relativism....everyone is equal....
Consider the Bible:
Matt 11:11
"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."
Also Matt 20:25,26
"But Jesus called them to Him, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you: but whoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;"
then using the scripture tha you used concerning the words of jesus, maybe you catholics should elevate John as queen of heaven, replacing catholic mary.

Melbourne, FL

#420373 Feb 6, 2013
BOTTOM LINE....

I do you believe the RCC's response to a worldwide, decades-long sex-abuse scandal and cover-up reflects --- IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER --- any measure of superior spirituality, superior morality, or guidance from above.

Police raid in Belgium.

Police raid in Australia.

Diplomatic relations broken by Ireland.

On top of this, the U.S. Treasury has asked several U.S. banks to stop doing transactions with the Vatican bank.

Lord -- send us a sign please!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A

Location hidden

#420374 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of what can be supported by scripture is meaningless to Christians.
when have you catholic ever supported your accusations with Scriptures?

the answer is NEVER!!!!!!!!

only Christians give answers that are supported by the bible as you catholics only [gave] us the bible[you claim], which means that you dont have to know it or obey it.since your church supercedes it.

Location hidden

#420375 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrint
Good point/question....
I actually do think that people can live by the Spirit of God, with the fruits of the Spirit being exampled in their lives, without having a saving knowledge of Jesus.(And God will Judge them accordingly. It will be interesting to see how vast the multitude might be....)
For me personally, yes I have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, been baptized, and confess His Name. I have received the Holy Spirit, that leads me, and councils me in Truth.
I think all things are possible with God. And that for istance, there were Jews prior to Jesus and after Jesus that display the fruits of the Spirit.(Also people of other religions.)
Again to think that the fruit of the Spirit is exclusive to some one person or group, such as Christians, is very much diminishing the Mind of God, and His Goodness.
so tell us robert when you received the Holy spirit and dont say that you cant remeber. a special Spirtiual Experience likle that a person never forgets and if you did, why have you drifted in and out of your religion.

and just reading your drivel convinces us that you havent received Him when you say that the fruit of the spirit is given to other people also. it isnt any wonder that I consider you a flake( a nice guy but a flake).

Jesus made it clear in that seventh chapter of John that the holy Spirit is only given to those that Believe in Him so that makes you a liar. robert.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420376 Feb 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm....sounds like an alien abduction leading to an alien probe that had inserted the embryo surrogately.
Sounds to me, this scenario is just as plausible as your sepculation.
3 persons in 1 God. God Father (1) God Son (2) God holy spirit (3) 1+1+1=1

God (1) sent God (3) down to earth to impregnate a virgin woman so she could give birth to God (2). God (2) grows up, God (2) dies and returns to heaven to be with God (1&3).

Explain that to a non christian.

Clay

United States

#420377 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What Satan tries to do is take glory away from God and that is exactly what you do Clay. You glorify Mary rather than Almighty God.
Clay can you look at these passages and tell me where your church stands on them...please focus on the word KNEW...thanks
Matt 1:24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but KNEW her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
Gen 4:Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. When he built a city, he called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
**Now you're sure Mary was a virgin her whole life?
Yes I am sure. So is the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity. Including the first few hundred yrs of Protestantism. Then, the conspiracy Christians came along and changed everything.

Look, the only thing you'll get out of me is my acknowledgment that you have a point in Marian theology, ONLY if you read the Bible like any other book. ONLY if you think everything about Christianity should be blatantly spelled out in detail in scriptures. If you do, then that is a strange doctrine.

"Mary takes away glory to God"
Baloney, and more baloney. Acknowledging Mary like Catholics do can only give glory to God.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420378 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
I agree with you here. Some like preston consider that Jesus' kinsfolk are mocking Jesus here calling him out of his mind. But I just can't see it like that.
I see his kin as being concerned for Jesus' health and safety, and the expression used here is a bit more dramtic in the story, to show how extreme the situation exists.
The question is as Jesus was concerned for eternal salvation for humanity, is that a sane thing for God to demonstrate? In the post ressurrection world, we of course say ,"Yes." But before the glory of Jesus revelation of the Father it would be very difficult to see....
Robert says......Some like preston consider that Jesus' kinsfolk are mocking Jesus here calling him out of his mind. But I just can't see it like that.

Michael says......It was your own catholic fathers who wrote this stuff word for word. Because you don't like what it says, you want to change the meaning?

Robert Says....
.....I see his kin, as being concerned for Jesus' health and safety.

Michael says....

...If you believe Jesus is GOD, and you believe God is almighty, all powerful, all knowing, why would God need mortal people to inform him his health and safety are in danger? He is god!!

sometimes you are funny Robert. This is one of them.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420379 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am sure. So is the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity. Including the first few hundred yrs of Protestantism. Then, the conspiracy Christians came along and changed everything.
Look, the only thing you'll get out of me is my acknowledgment that you have a point in Marian theology, ONLY if you read the Bible like any other book. ONLY if you think everything about Christianity should be blatantly spelled out in detail in scriptures. If you do, then that is a strange doctrine.
"Mary takes away glory to God"
Baloney, and more baloney. Acknowledging Mary like Catholics do can only give glory to God.
You don't take glory away from God????? You mentioned Mary crushes Satan??? really...I thought Christ did at the cross.... you're a clown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 5 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE