Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
405,061 - 405,080 of 532,662 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420351
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Oxbow wrote:
295
<quoted text>
This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.
typical catholic rhetoric that they learn in the 8th grade(in case they dont have a high school in their area) the nuns want them to have this morsel of info.

seriously, they get this tidbit from the likes, no less of steve ray, who tries and compares this to the words of paul speaking of Adam being a form of Christ.

since the catholics are very carnal minded, they need to interject some spirituality into their doctrine SO THEY LIE ABOUT MARY AS THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420352
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Wilderness/Babylon/Egy pt are all interchnageable and reffered in diffrent places of scripture to get a point across you nut case. Most certainly was not talikng about a wilderness in the scense you are leaning toward. You are Satanic Biggot .
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!
you are acting just like the devil.
wonder why? hee hee. me laughing at you and your buddy who is riding on your shoulders. watch out for his horns.
More false claims Preston?

Have you ever seen the "devil" act?

How is that you were able to view this "act"

How did you know it was the "devil"? Did it speak with you?

As you can see, yor claim can be easily debunked as you have no such knowledge of an entity like you describe, and if you do believe in such, it was from men you acquired this belief.

A belief that dwells in fear will only cause more fear and misunderstanding to Jesus' teachings.

Your "devil" is a man-made construct.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420353
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
even after being Saved, I still was thirsting for something more and god knew that and gave to me that precious gift.
when you can meet me on that equal ground. come and talk to me about being a Christian.
my knowledge of how a baby is formed in the womb far outsources that of you, only in my belief is Jesus fully man and fully God, since there was no queen of heaven involved.
Your knowledge of human conception is nothing special. Your knowledge of the bible is nothing special. You had fluid draining from your abdomen, so do lots of sick people. Happened to my dad years ago. Your grandfather spoke some words to you while he was in and out of consciousness at his deathbed. Happens all the time. Whoop-di-do. Since you you reject the Incarnation of Christ, it is impossible for your experiences mean what you think they mean.

You are a delusional narcissist with an irrational hatred of the Blessed Virgin and this hatred is causing you to reject the Incarnation of Christ. That makes you a non-Christian.

BTW, what kind of relationship did you have with your father?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420354
Feb 6, 2013
 
308
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is the LIES that your church tells on her that I hate, just as all of the christians on here hate them.
again, that verse is a prophecy of jesus coming to save the sinner, nothing else.
so of course the REAL MARY obeyed God.
the queen of heaven is a farce and if you werent so blind and ignorant, you would recognize that fact.
again to help you out.
a woman doesnt have seed, they have an egg, and that "egg" was NEVER fertilized by God. he placed an embyro in her womb, already formed by Him to fulfill that Prophecy.
to project otherwise indicates that Jesus was half man/half God, and that isnt true.Mary contributed nothing but her womb, something that any young Jewish woman could have done.
the Kingship of Jesus comes thru Joseph, and when he and Mary took that baby to the temple and when Joseph said His name was Jesus(in english, of course), he became officially the father of that baby according to jewish Law at that time. and also, that is how it is still done in the USA. If a man signs that birth certificate as being the father even when he knows that he isnt, the Law grants him that paternity right. in fact, any child born during a valid marriage carrys the last name of the husband even if the child belongs to another man. I know this for a fact, my neighbor was stationed in germany, and his wife got pregnant with another man, and Bob had to pay child support for that girl until she became 18
again, the "seed' represented the "child" Jesus according to the prophecy,the "seed" is tantamount to an embryo WHICH IS WHAT YOU CATHOLICS LIKE TO INSIST, however a human life doesn't actually exist until that half[seed] meets the other half[egg] that is provided by the woman,and the embyro is then formed .
so if mary provided her egg(which she didnt) and God Provided His [seed] which He didnt, the end result would be half man/half God.
NOT AN EGG, WHICH IS WHAT A WOMAN DOESNT POSSESS, WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT. DIDNT YOU EVEN TAKE BIOLOGY IN HIGH SCHOOL?
From the Catholic Encyclopedia: The fact of the incarnation

The Incarnation implies three facts:(1) The Divine Person of Jesus Christ; (2) The Human Nature of Jesus Christ; (3) The Hypostatic Union of the Human with the Divine Nature in the Divine Person of Jesus Christ.:

Hypostatic: The essential person of Jesus in which his human and divine natures are united.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420355
Feb 6, 2013
 
atemcowboy wrote:
lets look at waht ambrose himself said about this.
Moreover, when expounding the Gospel according to Luke, he [i.e. Ambrose] says: "It was no cohabitation with a husband which opened the secrets of the Virgin's womb; rather was it the Holy Ghost which infused immaculate seed into her unviolated womb. For the Lord Jesus alone of those who are born of woman is holy, inasmuch as He experienced not the contact of earthly corruption, by reason of the novelty of His immaculate birth; nay, He repelled it by His heavenly majesty."
now if her womb was unviolated, then no egg dropped down from her ovaries, leading me with only one conclusion.
this [seed] was a completed embryo, nothing less will produce a baby.lol.
jousting with you anthony is like cassius clay fighting liston, the winner was known before the fight even took place
Hmmmm....sounds like an alien abduction leading to an alien probe that had inserted the embryo surrogately.

Sounds to me, this scenario is just as plausible as your sepculation.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420356
Feb 6, 2013
 
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember this powerful painting of Mary crushing the head of the Serpent with her foot. It hung at the entrance of our grade school.
Its no wonder Satan uses these so called born agains to isolate his enemy. Some are so disrespectful to her, they will not even utter the Biblical definition: Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Devils clever strategy of getting them lost in the world of private interpretations of Scriptsure has produced countless heresy.
- simply believing in Christ is all you need.
- The New Testament is all there is about the Holy Family. If its not explicitly spelled out, they toss it aside.
- The Eucharist is nothing but a cracker.
- Mary is nothing but a vessel.
- to some, Christ is not even divine anymore
Satan is enjoying toying with these guys. 42,000 and counting!
According to God, Abraham was blessed...I don't see your posts glorifying him.

Do you even know who Abraham is?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420357
Feb 6, 2013
 
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses lead God`s people out of Egypt...how bout the 10 Commandments.
Unique position?
Many have served God and no one is greater than the other.
chuck

That is a philosophical opinion of relativism....everyone is equal....

Consider the Bible:

Matt 11:11

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

Also Matt 20:25,26

"But Jesus called them to Him, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you: but whoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;"
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420358
Feb 6, 2013
 
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your knowledge of human conception is nothing special. Your knowledge of the bible is nothing special. You had fluid draining from your abdomen, so do lots of sick people. Happened to my dad years ago. Your grandfather spoke some words to you while he was in and out of consciousness at his deathbed. Happens all the time. Whoop-di-do. Since you you reject the Incarnation of Christ, it is impossible for your experiences mean what you think they mean.
You are a delusional narcissist with an irrational hatred of the Blessed Virgin and this hatred is causing you to reject the Incarnation of Christ. That makes you a non-Christian.
BTW, what kind of relationship did you have with your father?
Hang it up Ant. He has already been asked those kind of questions while laying on a couch somewhere.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420359
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

atemcowboy wrote:
lets look at waht ambrose himself said about this.
Moreover, when expounding the Gospel according to Luke, he [i.e. Ambrose] says: "It was no cohabitation with a husband which opened the secrets of the Virgin's womb; rather was it the Holy Ghost which infused immaculate seed into her unviolated womb. For the Lord Jesus alone of those who are born of woman is holy, inasmuch as He experienced not the contact of earthly corruption, by reason of the novelty of His immaculate birth; nay, He repelled it by His heavenly majesty."
now if her womb was unviolated, then no egg dropped down from her ovaries, leading me with only one conclusion.
this [seed] was a completed embryo, nothing less will produce a baby.lol.
jousting with you anthony is like cassius clay fighting liston, the winner was known before the fight even took place
You compare your fantasy that Mary was implanted with an embryo vs. the Christian belief of the Incarnation as some kind of boxing match? Only in the delusional mind of a patholigical narcissist.

"Mary, a Virgin not only undefiled but a Virgin whom grace has made inviolate, free of every stain of sin." Ambrose, Sermon 22:30 (A.D. 388).

You reject the Incarnation due to your irrational hatred of Mary and because of that it forces you to come up with the delusional fantasy that she was a surrogate. That places you outside of Christianity.

You need to get saved.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420360
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember this powerful painting of Mary crushing the head of the Serpent with her foot. It hung at the entrance of our grade school.
Its no wonder Satan uses these so called born agains to isolate his enemy. Some are so disrespectful to her, they will not even utter the Biblical definition: Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Devils clever strategy of getting them lost in the world of private interpretations of Scriptsure has produced countless heresy.
- simply believing in Christ is all you need.
- The New Testament is all there is about the Holy Family. If its not explicitly spelled out, they toss it aside.
- The Eucharist is nothing but a cracker.
- Mary is nothing but a vessel.
- to some, Christ is not even divine anymore
Satan is enjoying toying with these guys. 42,000 and counting!
mary, the blessed virgin(does that satisfy you, clay) only remained a virgin until after Jesus was born, and then mary and Joseph did what many married couples do, they had more babies.lol.

and then like husbands and wives do, they named them. second was James and right on down the line with a couple of little girls mixed in the romper room to make things interesting

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420361
Feb 6, 2013
 
348
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Mary not give birth to God, bringing Him into this world?
Why are you looking for an explicit word for word title, calling her a "Immaculate Ark"?
You need help....

I never called Mary a "Immaculate Ark"!!!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420362
Feb 6, 2013
 
Oxbow wrote:
231
<quoted text>
Appreciate your response...but it does not change the truth...per Scripture:
213
There is no Scripture that even hints of Mary "offering her son as a sacrifice".....
It does teach: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Oxbow

I am sorry. I wish I could help you.

Mary knew Isaiah 53, and Jesus would suffer and die. It is hard to realize at what point she knew this, per some definite scripture. Thus it must be taken on faith(And I won't go into this now).

Here is the point. If Mary said to Jesus, not to sacrifice Himself, he would have had to honor her request, as he would be obligated under the Law of Moses to not disobey her. Therefore Mary in accordance with God's Will, allowed the sacrifice of Jesus, by her faith, as expressed in Luke 1.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420363
Feb 6, 2013
 
341 295
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>typical catholic rhetoric that they learn in the 8th grade(in case they dont have a high school in their area) the nuns want them to have this morsel of info.
seriously, they get this tidbit from the likes, no less of steve ray, who tries and compares this to the words of paul speaking of Adam being a form of Christ.
since the catholics are very carnal minded, they need to interject some spirituality into their doctrine SO THEY LIE ABOUT MARY AS THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE.
My birth certificate says I was born a Catholic...

I remained so for forty years...being now an ex Catholic, I can clearly see the truth in your words...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420364
Feb 6, 2013
 
Oxbow wrote:
295
<quoted text>
This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.
Your opinion of what can be supported by scripture is meaningless to Christians.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420365
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
. Since you you reject the Incarnation of Christ, this hatred is causing you to reject the Incarnation of Christ. That makes you a non-Christian.
BTW, what kind of relationship did you have with your father?
I have a great relationship with my heaven father, one that you dont have.

and how many time must I give you my testimony of how when i was about to die, i didnt because of Jesus Protecting me in Jan 1965.

How then could I reject One in who I have seen and you have never seen?

I testify of Him in whom I have seen and yet in your lying you say that I reject Him.lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420366
Feb 6, 2013
 
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>typical catholic rhetoric that they learn in the 8th grade(in case they dont have a high school in their area) the nuns want them to have this morsel of info.
seriously, they get this tidbit from the likes, no less of steve ray, who tries and compares this to the words of paul speaking of Adam being a form of Christ.
since the catholics are very carnal minded, they need to interject some spirituality into their doctrine SO THEY LIE ABOUT MARY AS THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE.
I'm not surpised to see you two deniers of Christ warming up to each other.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420367
Feb 6, 2013
 
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You compare your fantasy that Mary was implanted with an embryo vs. the Christian belief of the Incarnation as some kind of boxing match? Only in the delusional mind of a patholigical narcissist.
"Mary, a Virgin not only undefiled but a Virgin whom grace has made inviolate, free of every stain of sin." Ambrose, Sermon 22:30 (A.D. 388).
You reject the Incarnation due to your irrational hatred of Mary and because of that it forces you to come up with the delusional fantasy that she was a surrogate. That places you outside of Christianity.
You need to get saved.

Why not hate Mary?

Mary didn't get enough devotion, so she started World War 2 -- at least according to an approved RCC apparition.

Or, maybe the RCC is full of baloney too?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420368
Feb 6, 2013
 
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember this powerful painting of Mary crushing the head of the Serpent with her foot. It hung at the entrance of our grade school.
Its no wonder Satan uses these so called born agains to isolate his enemy.
What Satan tries to do is take glory away from God and that is exactly what you do Clay. You glorify Mary rather than Almighty God.

Clay can you look at these passages and tell me where your church stands on them...please focus on the word KNEW...thanks

Matt 1:24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but KNEW her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

Gen 4:Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. When he built a city, he called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch

Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain

**Now you're sure Mary was a virgin her whole life?
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420369
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

truth wrote:
ubiceeeeeeeeeeeeeee
killerssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssss
mind posessorssssssssssssssssssssss
killerssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss
they dayinggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggg
dieddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddd
i am not careeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
take a break from this truth. we are not all evil on hear. remember what our dear Pope Benedict XVI is into this yr. Social media, but he wants us to act right on these social medias. Be the true catholic you know you are. don't fall into the evil traps of others on here.
I get knocked down alot, never claim to know it all, although some think because you are a catholic you know it all, how can you do this or agree with that.....crazy people...
what they fail to remember is that we are only human and make mistakes also but we also try to live as though Jesus is sitting right next to us. and he is in a sense.
so please, don't go away. enjoy reading your posts. you are very informative.
Trust in God....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420370
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
No one challenges the Bible. Your views added to the Bible..., we know them well.(smile), and challenge them. It always goes back to this with you.
---
IF YOU ARE LIVING BY THE BIBLE ..WHERE IS YOUR FRUITS...?
Jesus said
Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS...
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is
love,
joy,
peace,
longsuffering,
gentleness,
goodness,
faith,
Gal 5:23
Meekness,
temperance:
against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
QUESTION ..
HOW CAN YOU LIVE BY THE SPIRIT IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT?
WHY NOT OBEY JESUS AND STOP YOUR CONFUSION OF FACE.
___
JESUS SAID...
Joh 3:3 JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HIM, VERILY, VERILY I SAY UNTO THEE...EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN,HE CANNOT SEE...
... properly to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Compare G3700.
THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
confrint

Good point/question....

I actually do think that people can live by the Spirit of God, with the fruits of the Spirit being exampled in their lives, without having a saving knowledge of Jesus.(And God will Judge them accordingly. It will be interesting to see how vast the multitude might be....)

For me personally, yes I have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, been baptized, and confess His Name. I have received the Holy Spirit, that leads me, and councils me in Truth.

I think all things are possible with God. And that for istance, there were Jews prior to Jesus and after Jesus that display the fruits of the Spirit.(Also people of other religions.)

Again to think that the fruit of the Spirit is exclusive to some one person or group, such as Christians, is very much diminishing the Mind of God, and His Goodness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Crazy 8,128
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••