Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,929
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420340 Feb 6, 2013
lets look at waht ambrose himself said about this.

Moreover, when expounding the Gospel according to Luke, he [i.e. Ambrose] says: "It was no cohabitation with a husband which opened the secrets of the Virgin's womb; rather was it the Holy Ghost which infused immaculate seed into her unviolated womb. For the Lord Jesus alone of those who are born of woman is holy, inasmuch as He experienced not the contact of earthly corruption, by reason of the novelty of His immaculate birth; nay, He repelled it by His heavenly majesty."

now if her womb was unviolated, then no egg dropped down from her ovaries, leading me with only one conclusion.

this [seed] was a completed embryo, nothing less will produce a baby.lol.

jousting with you anthony is like cassius clay fighting liston, the winner was known before the fight even took place

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420341 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant.
Exodus 25:11-21 - the ark of the Old Covenant was made of the purest gold for God's Word. Mary is the ark of the New Covenant and is the purest vessel for the Word of God made flesh.
2 Sam. 6:7 - the Ark is so holy and pure that when Uzzah touched it, the Lord slew him. This shows us that the Ark is undefiled. Mary the Ark of the New Covenant is even more immaculate and undefiled, spared by God from original sin so that she could bear His eternal Word in her womb.
1 Chron. 13:9-10 - this is another account of Uzzah and the Ark. For God to dwell within Mary the Ark, Mary had to be conceived without sin. For Protestants to argue otherwise would be to say that God would let the finger of Satan touch His Son made flesh. This is incomprehensible.
1 Chron. 15 and 16 - these verses show the awesome reverence the Jews had for the Ark - veneration, vestments, songs, harps, lyres, cymbals, trumpets.
Luke 1:39 / 2 Sam. 6:2 - Luke's conspicuous comparison's between Mary and the Ark described by Samuel underscores the reality of Mary as the undefiled and immaculate Ark of the New Covenant. In these verses, Mary (the Ark) arose and went / David arose and went to the Ark. There is a clear parallel between the Ark of the Old and the Ark of the New Covenant.
Luke 1:41 / 2 Sam. 6:16 - John the Baptist / King David leap for joy before Mary / Ark. So should we leap for joy before Mary the immaculate Ark of the Word made flesh.
Luke 1:43 / 2 Sam. 6:9 - How can the Mother / Ark of the Lord come to me? It is a holy privilege. Our Mother wants to come to us and lead us to Jesus.
Luke 1:56 / 2 Sam. 6:11 and 1 Chron. 13:14 - Mary / the Ark remained in the house for about three months.
Rev 11:19 - at this point in history, the Ark of the Old Covenant was not seen for six centuries (see 2 Macc. 2:7), and now it is finally seen in heaven. The Jewish people would have been absolutely amazed at this. However, John immediately passes over this fact and describes the "woman" clothed with the sun in Rev. 12:1. John is emphasizing that Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant and who, like the Old ark, is now worthy of veneration and praise. Also remember that Rev. 11:19 and Rev. 12:1 are tied together because there was no chapter and verse at the time these texts were written.
Rev 12:1 - the "woman" that John is describing is Mary, the Ark of the New Covenant, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. Just as the moon reflects the light of the sun, so Mary, with the moon under her feet, reflects the glory of the Sun of Justice, Jesus Christ.
Rev. 12:17 - this verse tells us that Mary's offspring are those who keep God's commandments and bear testimony to Jesus. This demonstrates, as Catholics have always believed, that Mary is the Mother of all Christians.
This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.

Location hidden

#420342 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>our looking backward to the old testament church and shadow of things to come which is being referred to in rev.
prove it.lol

John was a NT Minister therefore he was telling the History of Israel and also then he began to tell of the Future of Israel as a nation which when he wrote of these revelations, Israel no longer historically was a nation as they had been defeated and overrun by the roman empire

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#420343 Feb 6, 2013
zander714 wrote:
I see a person waking up to the fallacy of the Church.
The so-called "Church" has never been defined clearly.

Do you have a definition that is viable?

Now...as for "waking up to the fallacy of the Church", indicates that you have an issue with what is being defined as the "Church" and not of the Roman Catholic Church, which this forum is about.

Are you sure you mean what you say?
Clay

United States

#420344 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I will put enmities between you and the woman, and your seed and her seed: she shall crush your head, and you shall lie in wait for her heel."
I remember this powerful painting of Mary crushing the head of the Serpent with her foot. It hung at the entrance of our grade school.
Its no wonder Satan uses these so called born agains to isolate his enemy. Some are so disrespectful to her, they will not even utter the Biblical definition: Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Devils clever strategy of getting them lost in the world of private interpretations of Scriptsure has produced countless heresy.
- simply believing in Christ is all you need.

- The New Testament is all there is about the Holy Family. If its not explicitly spelled out, they toss it aside.

- The Eucharist is nothing but a cracker.

- Mary is nothing but a vessel.

- to some, Christ is not even divine anymore

Satan is enjoying toying with these guys. 42,000 and counting!

Location hidden

#420345 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>Now you are the ones changing to another subject outside of Revelation where it is referring to the church in th ewilderness and this did happen during the dark ages and persecution of the church which was in Spiritual Egypt and Mystrey Babylon you idiot.
may we enquire as to who is watching over you in your hospice. I would like to talk to them. I think maybe your medication needs to be increased.

Albuquerque, NM

#420346 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is the LIES that your church tells on her that I hate, just as all of the christians on here hate them.
again, that verse is a prophecy of jesus coming to save the sinner, nothing else.
so of course the REAL MARY obeyed God.
the queen of heaven is a farce and if you werent so blind and ignorant, you would recognize that fact.
again to help you out.
a woman doesnt have seed, they have an egg, and that "egg" was NEVER fertilized by God. he placed an embyro in her womb, already formed by Him to fulfill that Prophecy.
to project otherwise indicates that Jesus was half man/half God, and that isnt true.Mary contributed nothing but her womb, something that any young Jewish woman could have done.
the Kingship of Jesus comes thru Joseph, and when he and Mary took that baby to the temple and when Joseph said His name was Jesus(in english, of course), he became officially the father of that baby according to jewish Law at that time. and also, that is how it is still done in the USA. If a man signs that birth certificate as being the father even when he knows that he isnt, the Law grants him that paternity right. in fact, any child born during a valid marriage carrys the last name of the husband even if the child belongs to another man. I know this for a fact, my neighbor was stationed in germany, and his wife got pregnant with another man, and Bob had to pay child support for that girl until she became 18
again, the "seed' represented the "child" Jesus according to the prophecy,the "seed" is tantamount to an embryo WHICH IS WHAT YOU CATHOLICS LIKE TO INSIST, however a human life doesn't actually exist until that half[seed] meets the other half[egg] that is provided by the woman,and the embyro is then formed .
so if mary provided her egg(which she didnt) and God Provided His [seed] which He didnt, the end result would be half man/half God.
NOT AN EGG, WHICH IS WHAT A WOMAN DOESNT POSSESS, WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT. DIDNT YOU EVEN TAKE BIOLOGY IN HIGH SCHOOL?
Your sepculation is only that of what men have written.

Why do you believe fallible men?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420347 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting that you bring up the exclusivity of a personal relationship with God that Protestants take such pride in. I've been noticing in recent readings here and there that while this can sound wonderful to some, it really is contrary to the very nature of God and the teachings of Christ. God is, after all, relationship....Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Christ taught love of God, other, then self....service not selfishness. Love cannot survive in isolation. The Body of Christ is in a word Communion.
ReginaM
Peace

I have been through that "exclusive" sense with God. In short, I see it on here too by some other writers. It has to do with the direct relationship of a person with God. It is a sort of habit. And one begins to forget of Jesus' humanity.

In a way, one can see those farthest away from Mary are those that claim Jesus is God with extreme prejudice. There is just a little corner in time and space for Jesus and His humanity.

That is the sort of disconnect, or exclusivity I mean....
Clay

United States

#420348 Feb 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.
Did Mary not give birth to God, bringing Him into this world?

Why are you looking for an explicit word for word title, calling her a "Immaculate Ark"?

Albuquerque, NM

#420349 Feb 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you believe the "spoken, stated and expressed words" of Jesus (HIMSELF) in John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE "body and blood" in the Eucharist: "For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink) YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE......Why do you believe in "other men's words (42,000 other inconsistent interpretations)--"includ ing your own"---rather than believing in the TRUE WORDS of Jesus (HIMSELF) words that have PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years!!!!
Responding with a question, when asked a question, just shows that you don't know the answer tot he original question, and you would rather divert from answering, than be truthful with supplying an answer.

I'll consider this just another non-answer from another unknowledgable and uninformed Catholic.

Your evasion shows your true Self.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420350 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>prove it.lol
John was a NT Minister therefore he was telling the History of Israel and also then he began to tell of the Future of Israel as a nation which when he wrote of these revelations, Israel no longer historically was a nation as they had been defeated and overrun by the roman empire
Glad you are starting ot understand finally.lol

Location hidden

#420351 Feb 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
typical catholic rhetoric that they learn in the 8th grade(in case they dont have a high school in their area) the nuns want them to have this morsel of info.

seriously, they get this tidbit from the likes, no less of steve ray, who tries and compares this to the words of paul speaking of Adam being a form of Christ.

since the catholics are very carnal minded, they need to interject some spirituality into their doctrine SO THEY LIE ABOUT MARY AS THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE.

Albuquerque, NM

#420352 Feb 6, 2013
Wilderness/Babylon/Egy pt are all interchnageable and reffered in diffrent places of scripture to get a point across you nut case. Most certainly was not talikng about a wilderness in the scense you are leaning toward. You are Satanic Biggot .
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!
you are acting just like the devil.
wonder why? hee hee. me laughing at you and your buddy who is riding on your shoulders. watch out for his horns.
More false claims Preston?

Have you ever seen the "devil" act?

How is that you were able to view this "act"

How did you know it was the "devil"? Did it speak with you?

As you can see, yor claim can be easily debunked as you have no such knowledge of an entity like you describe, and if you do believe in such, it was from men you acquired this belief.

A belief that dwells in fear will only cause more fear and misunderstanding to Jesus' teachings.

Your "devil" is a man-made construct.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420353 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
even after being Saved, I still was thirsting for something more and god knew that and gave to me that precious gift.
when you can meet me on that equal ground. come and talk to me about being a Christian.
my knowledge of how a baby is formed in the womb far outsources that of you, only in my belief is Jesus fully man and fully God, since there was no queen of heaven involved.
Your knowledge of human conception is nothing special. Your knowledge of the bible is nothing special. You had fluid draining from your abdomen, so do lots of sick people. Happened to my dad years ago. Your grandfather spoke some words to you while he was in and out of consciousness at his deathbed. Happens all the time. Whoop-di-do. Since you you reject the Incarnation of Christ, it is impossible for your experiences mean what you think they mean.

You are a delusional narcissist with an irrational hatred of the Blessed Virgin and this hatred is causing you to reject the Incarnation of Christ. That makes you a non-Christian.

BTW, what kind of relationship did you have with your father?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420354 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is the LIES that your church tells on her that I hate, just as all of the christians on here hate them.
again, that verse is a prophecy of jesus coming to save the sinner, nothing else.
so of course the REAL MARY obeyed God.
the queen of heaven is a farce and if you werent so blind and ignorant, you would recognize that fact.
again to help you out.
a woman doesnt have seed, they have an egg, and that "egg" was NEVER fertilized by God. he placed an embyro in her womb, already formed by Him to fulfill that Prophecy.
to project otherwise indicates that Jesus was half man/half God, and that isnt true.Mary contributed nothing but her womb, something that any young Jewish woman could have done.
the Kingship of Jesus comes thru Joseph, and when he and Mary took that baby to the temple and when Joseph said His name was Jesus(in english, of course), he became officially the father of that baby according to jewish Law at that time. and also, that is how it is still done in the USA. If a man signs that birth certificate as being the father even when he knows that he isnt, the Law grants him that paternity right. in fact, any child born during a valid marriage carrys the last name of the husband even if the child belongs to another man. I know this for a fact, my neighbor was stationed in germany, and his wife got pregnant with another man, and Bob had to pay child support for that girl until she became 18
again, the "seed' represented the "child" Jesus according to the prophecy,the "seed" is tantamount to an embryo WHICH IS WHAT YOU CATHOLICS LIKE TO INSIST, however a human life doesn't actually exist until that half[seed] meets the other half[egg] that is provided by the woman,and the embyro is then formed .
so if mary provided her egg(which she didnt) and God Provided His [seed] which He didnt, the end result would be half man/half God.
NOT AN EGG, WHICH IS WHAT A WOMAN DOESNT POSSESS, WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT. DIDNT YOU EVEN TAKE BIOLOGY IN HIGH SCHOOL?
From the Catholic Encyclopedia: The fact of the incarnation

The Incarnation implies three facts:(1) The Divine Person of Jesus Christ; (2) The Human Nature of Jesus Christ; (3) The Hypostatic Union of the Human with the Divine Nature in the Divine Person of Jesus Christ.:

Hypostatic: The essential person of Jesus in which his human and divine natures are united.

Albuquerque, NM

#420355 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Moreover, when expounding the Gospel according to Luke, he [i.e. Ambrose] says: "It was no cohabitation with a husband which opened the secrets of the Virgin's womb; rather was it the Holy Ghost which infused immaculate seed into her unviolated womb. For the Lord Jesus alone of those who are born of woman is holy, inasmuch as He experienced not the contact of earthly corruption, by reason of the novelty of His immaculate birth; nay, He repelled it by His heavenly majesty."
now if her womb was unviolated, then no egg dropped down from her ovaries, leading me with only one conclusion.
jousting with you anthony is like cassius clay fighting liston, the winner was known before the fight even took place
Hmmmm....sounds like an alien abduction leading to an alien probe that had inserted the embryo surrogately.

Sounds to me, this scenario is just as plausible as your sepculation.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420356 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember this powerful painting of Mary crushing the head of the Serpent with her foot. It hung at the entrance of our grade school.
Its no wonder Satan uses these so called born agains to isolate his enemy. Some are so disrespectful to her, they will not even utter the Biblical definition: Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Devils clever strategy of getting them lost in the world of private interpretations of Scriptsure has produced countless heresy.
- simply believing in Christ is all you need.
- The New Testament is all there is about the Holy Family. If its not explicitly spelled out, they toss it aside.
- The Eucharist is nothing but a cracker.
- Mary is nothing but a vessel.
- to some, Christ is not even divine anymore
Satan is enjoying toying with these guys. 42,000 and counting!
According to God, Abraham was blessed...I don't see your posts glorifying him.

Do you even know who Abraham is?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420357 Feb 6, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses lead God`s people out of Egypt...how bout the 10 Commandments.
Unique position?
Many have served God and no one is greater than the other.
chuck

That is a philosophical opinion of relativism....everyone is equal....

Consider the Bible:

Matt 11:11

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

Also Matt 20:25,26

"But Jesus called them to Him, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you: but whoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;"
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420358 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your knowledge of human conception is nothing special. Your knowledge of the bible is nothing special. You had fluid draining from your abdomen, so do lots of sick people. Happened to my dad years ago. Your grandfather spoke some words to you while he was in and out of consciousness at his deathbed. Happens all the time. Whoop-di-do. Since you you reject the Incarnation of Christ, it is impossible for your experiences mean what you think they mean.
You are a delusional narcissist with an irrational hatred of the Blessed Virgin and this hatred is causing you to reject the Incarnation of Christ. That makes you a non-Christian.
BTW, what kind of relationship did you have with your father?
Hang it up Ant. He has already been asked those kind of questions while laying on a couch somewhere.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420359 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
You compare your fantasy that Mary was implanted with an embryo vs. the Christian belief of the Incarnation as some kind of boxing match? Only in the delusional mind of a patholigical narcissist.

"Mary, a Virgin not only undefiled but a Virgin whom grace has made inviolate, free of every stain of sin." Ambrose, Sermon 22:30 (A.D. 388).

You reject the Incarnation due to your irrational hatred of Mary and because of that it forces you to come up with the delusional fantasy that she was a surrogate. That places you outside of Christianity.

You need to get saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE