Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675755 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Fishers, IN

#420542 Feb 7, 2013
TrueWitness wrote:
There is big money involved in being the only true church or denomination if you can get it to grow and expand. Lots of money and problem to go with it like any other business
All through history religions have prospered if they were acknowledged with loyalty and commitment.

Religion is that which enables men and women to look beyond themselves and seek the direction of higher powers whcih are not limited to human understanding.

The trouble lies in the fact that RELIGION is human endeavor to please and to find God,gods,goddesses,spirits and so on,hoping in the long run to APPEASE rather than to suffer punishment for what ever infractions are evidenced in their particular society.

The study of religion,and no doubt a very sophisticated one in the least,brings out the most highest levels of human intelligence,and morality,or the lowest ignorant immoral behavior to base religion on.

We can see today's religions with many different titles but all with the same goal in mind:reaching out from our limited scope to that which is beyond us,and calling that either a deity,orthe plural of many,and spirits as well,because we cannot see them with the naked eye.

Atheists pride themselves in the fact that they choose to reject the effort of human beings to seek the aid of something or someone they cannot see.

The truth of the matter is; that we human beings before we could possibly envision, within our human conscience over the span of many centuries,a higher intelligence,relied on the ELDERS of our societies.The Elders taught us that they sought after that which was not SEEN to guide them a s they proceeded on through life.

Passed down from generation to generation,a belief in some kind of Power that exceeds our limited self.

"Man proposes, God Disposes." We have always been responsible for our own interpretation of what lies beyond our limited self.Atheists choose to rely on the limited self,seeking to expand through stimuli and self determination a course for their involvement in the present life,of which they find themselves in.

All human beings have within them self determination,not a bad thing by any stretch.We however also in improving our own life,knew that through our ELDERS we could in fact rely on what they gained from believing in the UNSEEN forces.All religion is transmitted by the elders of societies through the Written word,and other means,Verbally and so on.

God as we so call H I M in this present age,could be handed down in theory from generation to generation,but there is also the fact that either God is truly an Existing Being or He is not?

Now if and possibly God does exist,He in all true intelligence and DETERMINATION would want His creation to know His design for them even if that design is limited in its scope in order for the created to understand or fathom the mystery of the Creator.

So we can be in three different categories:Atheistic(rejecting any thought of there being such a higher Intelligence),Religious in seeking to fit into one of the many religions that exist to appeal to Man's desire to know the unknown.AND finally to allow the Creator to reveal Himself as the only ONE who can prove His own existence and His revelation of the design He has for all of us.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420543 Feb 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is the Roman Constantine (so called) Church that has no authority ...
IT CANNOT PROVE SCIRIPTUALLY THAT IT'S CONJECTURE IS TRUE.
ALL IT HAS IS THE WHAT THEY HAVE CONJURED UP THEMSELVES AND claimed ALL THESE YEARS...
FOLLOWING THE RULES OF CONSTANTINE-ISM..and communism
WHICH IS
tell a lie...tell it often.... build upon it as if it were true and
some poor ignorant soul will grab hold of it and run with it.
The Roman Constantine-ism pagan religious society is the first original
protestant Religious system ...
They are the group that first broke away from the true Spiritual Christian Church established in Jerusalem...
and
have attempted to hijack the true Church of God in Christ......
establishing a physical dynasty in Rome..
Since the word "Constantine" is not in the bible, NOTHING--ZERO--NOT ONE IOTA-- of "anything" that you have said about him and Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has any truth at all.
You see Confrinting--your (personal opinion) bible only beliefs are just as "confused, contradicting and distorted AS EVER!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420544 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 jethro:it does not say this in the book. it states "my church"
From 055 AD PROVEN, VERIFIABLE, AUTHENTICATED and GENUINELY TRUE Church History
has recorded it over and over and over again for over 2000 years. Your "continuous distorted "anti-catholic (bogus and superficial" history books, have not, will not or can EVER change the TRUTH, of Jesus Christ and His (conclusively factual)One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420545 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 jethro:it does not say this in the book. it states "my church"
It doesn't have to say it!! Church History "conclusively" says it!!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420546 Feb 7, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, Anthony.
Throwing a rock at someone else's house is not the appropriate response to a scandal in ourown.
And when they claim they lack such problems, it does little good to point to such stories, as it opens us to a charge of finger-pointing or making excuses.
Much better to pray for them. At most, you could say, "Oh, you poor, naive child.
Not so the Protestants. For some reason, they don't seem to be enough of a threat for our enemy to bother much with them.
It is strange how it never seems to occur to them, or to ask what it is we have, that they lack, that MUST be attacked, MUST be destroyed.
Rob
You give good advice,but I for one do not see that the RCs have something so much more precious that we LACK. What is the most important 3 things you feel as a priest that we L A C K?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420547 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the word "Constantine" is not in the bible, NOTHING--ZERO--NOT ONE IOTA-- of "anything" that you have said about him and Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has any truth at all.
You see Confrinting--your (personal opinion) bible only beliefs are just as "confused, contradicting and distorted AS EVER!!
Actually the prots here like myself,since you must label us do believe that Constantine in fact politicized Christianity,which in fact gave it the impetus to strive to become a theocratic Monarchy.

Charlemagne,although he came centuries later was the reality in Roman Catholicism of a driven Monarchial system to rule over the Kings and Queens of all of Europe,or at least those nations which embraced Christianity.

Charlemagne instituted the Papacy,which divided West from East,and thus you have that 1054 schism between the RCs and the Orthodox.Whether you may see Charlemagne as a positive contributor in this or not,really does not matter,he along with many Catholics bent on political domination really contributed to the future corruption of many popes and RC leaders who ruled with violence,and voila we have the terrible 6 centuries of INQUISITIONS.
ihaveabiblicalna me

Menifee, CA

#420548 Feb 7, 2013
in novissimo sabbatum vernum iuvenes alter pueros debet esse asinus futui.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#420549 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
your saying since constantines name is not in the bible there is no truth to his involvement? if that is how you think, catholic is meaningless also, since it is not in the bible,nothing--zero--not one iota.when did jesus become a catholic? how old was he? where in the bible/scriptures does he speak about being a pagan/christian? when did he convert from judaism? did he believe in a religious group? you think he believed in judaism just because he was jewish?
truth

Perth, Australia

#420550 Feb 7, 2013
i am still alive
i listen many liars about mother mary as jesus..but..to be virgin is not birth as pleassure..its soul pure soul..

''pure soul''
remember that

usa

#420551 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok!! We as Catholics "do" believe and "have always believed in Jesus!!! His OWN "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the Gospels regarding His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 and the Eucharist--John 6:47-59 regarding His "True Body and True Blood"-------So---New Age---(the question again is :"Why don't you"????
why won't you answer my question? what are you afraid of? would you defend/support the church like you do if one of your children was molested by a priest?
truth

Perth, Australia

#420552 Feb 7, 2013
because Jesus or mother mary or anyone who is holy as previouse life exist..you need know as alive church..

alive soul as alive church..no we been teach in deference parts of world history culture tradition..you need know soul within is alive force..by

usa

#420553 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to say it!! Church History "conclusively" says it!!
church history conclusively says it? care to show me book and passage that proves it?

usa

#420554 Feb 7, 2013
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE HERE:if constantine never became emporer, where would christianity be today? exstinct? or what it is today?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420555 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE HERE:if constantine never became emporer, where would christianity be today? exstinct? or what it is today?
The Holy Spirit would have converted a different Emperor, not named Constantine.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420557 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
if michael is jesus, which the sda satanic follower claims, why does this verse indicate otherwise. since we know that jesus is more powerful than satan and aint afraid of him.
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
been telling you people for 3 years that this kook is a sda and belongs to the devil and when he opens his mouth, more and more satanic sda knowledge comes from him.
now you know why the sda cultist hates me as he does.lol the devil cant stand to be mocked and exposed for what he is.
Luke 4

8And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420558 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a Twitter account. Can you?
Than get one! You are the one whom wishes to invite Pope Benedict.
MICHAEL

Canada

#420559 Feb 7, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Once more, untrue.
The very post your replied to to make this claim was a reply to my offering a gentle correction to a Catholic on the thread, and how he ought not be pointing up flaws in other communities. We have enough to deal with in our own.
Why you would make an untrue statement that I "never address" such things, right after you read a post which was a reply to my doing EXACTLY that ... well, I can imagine a few eqxplanations, but none of them would be polite.
Rob
Father I am not here to fight with anyone, and I believe much of the clergy is caught in the middle of all the scandals that have occured. However, when we now know that right around the world the bishops who don't know each other personally, collectively, and systematically all responded the same way to how to handle the abuses. That clearly shows they were getting instructions from some other sources and those sources claim they had no idea what was going on.

When you and others indicated that bishops referred wayward priests to medical assistance (physchiatrists) I have yet to see where that same assistance at the time was offered to the victims and their families who I am sure suffered more than the offending clergy.

There is much going on today in the catholic church that is not holy. Vatican bank scandals, infighting of the bishops/cardinals in Rome, two investigations of 47,000 nuns in america etc.

If catholics themselves and priests as well, had been more vocal to their bishops whenever scandals occured these terrible situations could have been addressed much earlier and saved a whole lot of pain for everyone involved.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420560 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tell me how youcan prove that I am lying?
we would love to know that. just because you act like the devil and talk like the devil doesnt mean that I am lying when i say that Jesus was sitting besides me.
the devil is besides you constantly and it shows.lol
BTW, the Hebrew word for messenger and angel are the same, so it has to be taken in the context in which the writer is trying to tell us.
There isnít any prevarication or syncophancy in you.lol
Read your Bible Percy Christ or an Angel never appeared to anyone sitting down ever it is alway standing.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420561 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your saying since constantines name is not in the bible there is no truth to his involvement? if that is how you think, catholic is meaningless also, since it is not in the bible,nothing--zero--not one iota.when did jesus become a catholic? how old was he? where in the bible/scriptures does he speak about being a pagan/christian? when did he convert from judaism? did he believe in a religious group? you think he believed in judaism just because he was jewish?
No!!I am just repeating what you bible only believers have been saying over and over again. Quote " If every word, phrase or sentence is NOT in the bible then there is no TRUTH to it"! This is BIBLE ONLY PROTESTANTISM!!! So quite bringing up Constantines name as part of your "bogus" anti-catholic condemning religion!!
MICHAEL

Canada

#420562 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Gospels! EVERYTHING that Jesus said, exclaimed, quoted and expressed is "highlighted in red"!... You can say,twist, manipulate and "spin" it anyway you want--like most Protestants do with the Bible, but Jesus (clearly and explicitly) "said it" regarding His One True (Universal-Church--AND---FURTH ERMORE----over 2000 years of PROVEN and VERIFABLE Apostolic Church History (CONFIRMS IT).. As usual, New Age, you "continue" to have "no idea as to what you are talking about, which is (nothing new) to any of us Catholics...... Again--why don't you listen to, follow and believe the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in the Gospels). Catholics always have, for over 2000 years, and always will!!!!!
hojo SAYS.....

....Read the Gospels! EVERYTHING that Jesus said, exclaimed, quoted and expressed is "highlighted in red"!...

Michael says......You might believe he said that, but you can't verify with any certainty that he did.

You can't verify the names associated with the gosples were the actual people who wrote them. Can you? That is just your leap of faith and belief, but doesn't make it true unless you can prove it.

Every belief outside of yours says different things. No one has yet shown to have the smoking gun of what the real truth is, maybe its yours and maybe its not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis meets knights of ancient order in ... 11 min namredipsobla 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,520
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
More from around the web