Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,981 - 405,000 of 536,924 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>havent you leanrned that you cant beleive anythingthat robert f says? his knowledge is limited for certain.
even the disciples didnt KNOW that he was to be crucified and rise again.
John 20:9:
Then the other disciple, who reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed; for as yet they did not understand the scripture, that he must rise from the dead.
Luke also indicated that the disciples of Jesus had not expected his resurrection, for Luke said that after Peter looked inside at the linen cloths, "he went home, wondering at that which had come to pass" (24:12). Numerous references to the apostles' skepticism of a resurrection appear elsewhere in the New Testament (Lk. 24:11,38; Jn. 20:24-25; Matt. 28:17).
mary didnt know either and robert always assumes something that isnt correct, and where he comes up with this foolishness is beyond me. it certainly doesnt come from God's Word.
for the sda satanic cultist, the link.http://www.tektonics.org/ tsr/tsr914.html
The thought has occurred.....
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any idea as to why you poted the link to me as I never stated that they did know he would be crucified. My argument was over the statement LTm implying Mary was imbarrased now do you get it.
I STATED no She was concerned for her son because of what was told to her and the rest of the family by friends who were among the multitude of people saying Christ was out od his mind etc.
I implied nothing more or less
yes Mary and the family of Jesus was very concerned for they were there!

Read it all again 7th and pray you can picture it and see and feel it all our Lord went through He and His family. It all makes me tremble, wow.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yes Mary and the family of Jesus was very concerned for they were there!
Read it all again 7th and pray you can picture it and see and feel it all our Lord went through He and His family. It all makes me tremble, wow.
why are you talking to him like he could understand. he belongs to an branch of the sda, that has splintered off from them. HE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, mary doesnt even begin to compare with Abraham, first he left his home obeying the Lord, then most of all, he was willing to give up his son, the son that he loved so much.
key words for u, robert.[willing to give up].
while mary had no choice in the matter, Jesus was taken by force.
therefore in the eyes of God, Abraham was much more the better servant than mary could ever be
for it is written, it is better to Obey than to sacrifice(thats in the Bible for you robert and not changed by me).and since I love the OT, you can find it there.
You determine everything about Mary, based on the little info recorded in the NT?
You're insane.
You people are really sounding disrespectful of the Mother of Our Lord.
You Preston, prove over and over, you're not an authority on sacred scripture.
The Apostle Paul never had a conversation with your Grandpa in Heaven.
I swear every person who has a 'born again' experience thinks they were called to be a prophet....
Nobody

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Religion does not get you to Heaven.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, mary doesnt even begin to compare with Abraham..
Wow.
Sick of the liars

Narre Warren, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The Roman Catholic Church is the pagan church of Babylon. It was kicked out of Babylon by the Persians and showed up in Rome around the time of Julius Caesar. It is NOT a Christian church. Rather, the Romans hijacked early Christianity and used it as a cover for their filthy, satanic activities, which continue to this very day.

If you don't believe me, then read the Bible. Read the Book of Revelation: ch 17.

There is no one more narcissistic than a Romany. You can present the truth to them, but all they do is giggle, turn their heads and flit their shifty little eyes.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ poured out His love for us on the Cross. He did not keep it to Himself or just between Him and the Father, it was not isolated.
Question: Do Jesus' words from the cross "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" mean that God the Father abandoned his Son even though, as God, he could have helped him?
Answer
Answer: If someone were to say, "I pledge allegiance to the flag" or "Our Father who art in heaven," most people could either finish the quotation or prayer or at least understand the ideas being expressed. That is because certain quotations in our culture, whether secular or religious, are known and even memorized because of their importance.
This was true of the psalms in Jesus time. He needed only to say the first line, and most Jews would have known the rest, or at least the message.
Jesus was quoting Psalm 22, a messianic psalm that vividly describes the agony the suffering servant would endure.
By quoting this psalm, Jesus shows that he is the fulfillment of that prophecy and that he will be vindicated, which is evident in the psalmís triumphant ending.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/do-jes...
Keep asking questions, that's the only way you'll learn. Happy to help.
ReginaM. says...

.....Christ poured out His love for us on the Cross.

Michael says.....According to the scriptures a handful of people on the scene determined this Jewish mans fate. Right?

Scriptures state this small crowd were given a choice. Jesus or Barabas? Right? What would have happened if they screamed Barabas instead of Jesus? What would have happened if Jesus was out of town that day?

.....Remember a small group of people, not humanity decided his death. Your scriptures state this.

All what I state is right in your scriptures....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You determine everything about Mary, based on the little info recorded in the NT?
You're insane.
I swear every person who has a 'born again' experience thinks they were called to be a prophet....
yeah, I do determine what type of person that Mary was based on what the Bible says, which is better than robert and his different slant on what it says. so here is what I wrote and you just threw out your slurs rather than debate me on them.

mary doesnt even begin to compare with Abraham, first he left his home obeying the Lord, then most of all, he was willing to give up his son, the son that he loved so much.
key words for u, robert.[willing to give up].
while mary had no choice in the matter, Jesus was taken by force.

first you say that I am not an{authority on sacred scripture].yet that is what I am using to show people the difference between Abraham who di obey Mary and mary who had no choice on the sacrifice of Jesus.

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I AM WRONG.!!!

and at no time have I ever considered myself a"prophet". I am just a old country Preacher, nothing more do I claim.and just because I have had Spiritual Experiences like none that you have ever encountered is something that you need to examine in your own life, NOT MINE!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
If you weree not so b;lndeed dby your religion, you would know that this is true about Abraham compared to mary.

here is what God Said to Abraham and about him.

As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Genesis 17:4.

Now you show me where God ever said anything like that about Mary?

and this should clinch it to prove that what I said is the TRUTH.

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
genesis 22:18

His [seed] not hers since a woman doesnt have seed.lol
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane.
Do you honestly believe with your narrow mind that everyone in our world should think just like a catholic, be just like you?(lol)

Catholicism after 2,000 long years, makes up a tiny population in our world. 17%. Less than half practice their faith so now we are down to 8.5%. Not really a big player in the whole scheme of things now is it?

BUSTED!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
I don't pay any attention to his writing anymore. They are anti-Christ, and anti-theistic in nature. It took me awhile to "let go".
He believes his conscience makes him a more righteous, when in fact he is but a miserable creature now. His message is for destruction not only of the RCC, but of anything concerning God....How awful.
Robert F says.

..He believes his conscience makes him a more righteous, when in fact he is but a miserable creature now.

Michael says......Robert, you ASSume a lot of things. Never did I ever claim or imply that I was more righteous than anyone, when in fact you are the one who claims to be MOST righteous and state one who does not follow catholicism/christianity is a miserable creature.

I can't imagine what you say to people non christian sitting around you when you are at a sporting event or in a restaurant and you find out they aren't just like you.

Very sad. I like everyone, I don't pick and choose who measures up to me, I treat everyone as an equal, the way God REALLY intended our world to be.

I report news about the catholic church that might not be flattering but news that needs to be told.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>If you weree not so b;lndeed dby your religion, you would know that this is true about Abraham compared to mary.
As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
"I will put enmities between you and the woman, and your seed and her seed: she shall crush your head, and you shall lie in wait for her heel."
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Girl, you seem to know your stuff. I learn a lot from you, thanks. One of many things that puzzle me about Mary. Jesus never once said to pray to her for special favors, plus her "Assumption"...pun intended, but that's pure "assumption", as the bible never mentions her death. She (according to Catholic teaching) "rose bodily" into heaven - how could a material thing be in a spiritual dwelling? and then they claimed she was crowned - spiritually perhaps, but a CROWN in heaven? If they can assume such things, what else can they assume? Do you see why I doubt? They even claim that because she was born sans original sin, she suffered no pain in childbirth...that's a story made up to justify why childbirth hurts - that dang old Eve did it again. Mary most likely gave birth just like any other woman - maybe even got stretch marks and that is NOT an insult.
---
Hi Sherlayne,
First, a typo concerning St. Ann. It should have read St. Ann silly. I left the y off.

Secondly, I donít know everything but feel I know enough to get by. When in second grade and everyone was confused about God and religion, teacher stated that we will not understand everything until we die. Think about it, this does make a lot of sense. The universe is huge, larger than we humans can comprehend. When we look out to the heavens we see only a small sliver of the pie.

Throughout our history the Popes have initiated all sorts of ways to pray and to whom, ways to give praise and glory to God, etc. I think it was Pope Leo XIII that gave us the teaching of Maryís Immaculate Conception. Pope Pious IX gave us the Assumption of the Blessed Mother into heaven teachings which he made the Assumption of the Blessed Mother into heaven as the Patron St. of these United States.

Why do I believe the Popes and their teachings? Because they are all much wiser than I, they are true theologians. Being a mere mortal I donít have time or knowledge to interpret the writings in the bible. I have enough trouble keeping up with todayís technology, and information coming at us constantly.

Mary is Jesusí mother as you very well know. Most important commandment given to us from God,ďHonor they mother and they fatherĒ. The Blessed Mother is the Queen of Heaven. Of course she has a crown. Like a mother she wears many hats :).

Itís written somewhere in Revelations (?) that on that final day, we will all be assumed into heaven (those without blemish that is). When we die, we sleep until judgment day. Yes this is a mystery to me also but you must believe. With God all things are possible.

Itís stated that Mary was born without original sin; God picked her for his mother before she was born. Not sure about the labor pains never looked into that deeply. But those pains are forgotten after childbirth, are they not? Probably the pain is due to Eve and her antics with that tree of life. She may have had stretch marks. God must have a sense of humor. Through the teachings of the church we are instructed not to dwell on things of the flesh, earthly things, things that may rust, be stolen, etc. Only dwell on things that are above, this is all that really matters.

The bible is a book of stories handed down from generation to generation. This is what history is,ďHis StoryĒ.
---
Iíve included 2 links here for you to view and study from.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/index.html

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/immaculate-con...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I will put enmities between you and the woman, and your seed and her seed: she shall crush your head, and you shall lie in wait for her heel."
"her 'seed' in this prophecy is just that, a word about prophecy, that Jesus will come thru her without the benefit of a man. learn something about the Word of God, before you address something that you dont know anything about.

but that verse which is prophecy doesnt make her anything close to Abraham. He obeyed God, mary coudnt even look after her son which today would give her a prison sentence
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

you are against me and my family
all of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuu

evil wicket corupt criminals

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

corupt criminals
evil wicket people
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>If you weree not so b;lndeed dby your religion, you would know that this is true about Abraham compared to mary.
"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women."

"Fear not, Mary, for you have found grace with God."

" The Holy Ghost shall come upon you and the power of the Most High shall overshadow you. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God."

" Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

"And whence is this to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? "

" For behold as soon as the voice of your salutation sounded in my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy."

"And blessed are you that have believed, because those things shall be accomplished that were spoken to you by the Lord."

"And Mary said: My soul does magnify the Lord."

"And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Saviour."

"Because he has regarded the humility of his handmaid: for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed."

"Because he that is mighty has done great things to me: and holy is his name."

These passages aren't referring to just any young girl that God needed as an incubator.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Woman is Israel not Mary just like Revelation 12
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

truth wrote:
you are against me and my family
all of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuu
evil wicket corupt criminals
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
take it easy, your breaking point maybe showing. Say a "
Hail Mary" or something. Take a deep breath. There, I hope you are back in control again.

Trust in God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••