Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,961 - 404,980 of 533,731 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

thank you very much..i love my life even when i cry..

my rights for my life
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

psalm 146

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Don you know who the grandmother would be?---- St. Ann sill, Mary's mother. St. Ann is the patron saint of seamstress's. I've asked st. ann many times to guide me in my work.
----
As for St. Joseph...not much in scripture on this guy. The last thing in bible about him was when Jesus escaped from Mary & Joseph and they searched and searched for him finding him in the temple, teaching the priests. It's believed that Joseph passed away after that. But what better way to go than being close to Jesus and Mary. Keep in mind that Joseph was not his father, but that God is his father. I know, it's all a mystery. So Michael, I don't believe the church says no just to upset those like you. If there's no other info out there, they do not make it up as I believe other religious mere mortals may, they say nothing because nothing more is known. Joseph was quite old when he married Mary, he was married for 50 yrs. with children and his wife died.
Those in our church know lots more info. than I. yes, I depend on those folks for their knowledge and guidance.
Keep in mind, God loves you.
Catholic Girl, you seem to know your stuff. I learn a lot from you, thanks. One of many things that puzzle me about Mary. Jesus never once said to pray to her for special favors, plus her "Assumption"...pun intended, but that's pure "assumption", as the bible never mentions her death. She (according to Catholic teaching) "rose bodily" into heaven - how could a material thing be in a spiritual dwelling? and then they claimed she was crowned - spiritually perhaps, but a CROWN in heaven? If they can assume such things, what else can they assume? Do you see why I doubt? They even claim that because she was born sans original sin, she suffered no pain in childbirth...that's a story made up to justify why childbirth hurts - that dang old Eve did it again. Mary most likely gave birth just like any other woman - maybe even got stretch marks and that is NOT an insult.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

who wrote that..mary..no she not wrote that not at all
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

people wrote what they liked..
but people wrote many things whats happened with them too..

all people not pray some too..
i see many people going talking and walking
i think something wrong when i grow up as tiny child where i am born...
no no they pray

mind never rest
even when your body going sleep

people who want play with others
many of them are corupt soul
mind as well everything within..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciate your response...but it does not change the truth...per Scripture:
There is no Scripture that even hints of Mary "offering her son as a sacrifice".....
It does teach: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
havent you leanrned that you cant beleive anythingthat robert f says? his knowledge is limited for certain.

even the disciples didnt KNOW that he was to be crucified and rise again.

John 20:9:

Then the other disciple, who reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed; for as yet they did not understand the scripture, that he must rise from the dead.

Luke also indicated that the disciples of Jesus had not expected his resurrection, for Luke said that after Peter looked inside at the linen cloths, "he went home, wondering at that which had come to pass" (24:12). Numerous references to the apostles' skepticism of a resurrection appear elsewhere in the New Testament (Lk. 24:11,38; Jn. 20:24-25; Matt. 28:17).

mary didnt know either and robert always assumes something that isnt correct, and where he comes up with this foolishness is beyond me. it certainly doesnt come from God's Word.
for the sda satanic cultist, the link.http://www.tektonics.org/ tsr/tsr914.html
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

when your rule and princes died everything died with them ..
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Why they need pure soul?

Where is real Jesus Christ tomb?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck new friend
I understand what you are saying. But don't you think she has a unique position? She is to Jesus the only earthly mother He had....And that he was under her care as a child....Is there anyone else on this earth given by God such a grace and such an honor and responibiliy?
LOL, mary doesnt even begin to compare with Abraham, first he left his home obeying the Lord, then most of all, he was willing to give up his son, the son that he loved so much.

key words for u, robert.[willing to give up].

while mary had no choice in the matter, Jesus was taken by force.

therefore in the eyes of God, Abraham was much more the better servant than mary could ever be
for it is written, it is better to Obey than to sacrifice(thats in the Bible for you robert and not changed by me).and since I love the OT, you can find it there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Girl, you seem to know your stuff. I learn a lot from you, thanks. One of many things that puzzle me about Mary. Jesus never once said to pray to her for special favors, plus her "Assumption"...pun intended, but that's pure "assumption", as the bible never mentions her death. She (according to Catholic teaching) "rose bodily" into heaven - how could a material thing be in a spiritual dwelling? and then they claimed she was crowned - spiritually perhaps, but a CROWN in heaven? If they can assume such things, what else can they assume? Do you see why I doubt? They even claim that because she was born sans original sin, she suffered no pain in childbirth...that's a story made up to justify why childbirth hurts - that dang old Eve did it again. Mary most likely gave birth just like any other woman - maybe even got stretch marks and that is NOT an insult.
[maybe even got stretch marks ]. Nah, couldnt happen to Catholic Mary. she retained a perfect figure and never even had a baby bump as Robert will attest to.

it is pathetic how catholics make her into something she would never have agreed to. in my reading of Mary, I find her to be a very humble young woman, willing to be the surrogate mom of jesus,at least until the day of His death, then like all Parents, her heart was broken.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting that you bring up the exclusivity of a personal relationship with God that Protestants take such pride in. I've been noticing in recent readings here and there that while this can sound wonderful to some, it really is contrary to the very nature of God and the teachings of Christ. God is, after all, relationship....Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Christ taught love of God, other, then self....service not selfishness. Love cannot survive in isolation. The Body of Christ is in a word Communion.
~~~

YOU WROTE..

"Love cannot survive in isolation."

THAT IS A STATEMENT THAT IS AS FALSE AS YOUR CONSTANTINE-ISM..

___

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ONE ....MORE ISOLATED THAN JESUS... WAS ON

CALVARY'S CROSS..

HIS CRY WAS..

Psa_22:1 A Psalm of David.

My God, my God,

why hast thou forsaken me?

why art thou so far from helping me,.........

Mat_27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say,

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mar_15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted,

-->YET HIS LOVE SURVIVED

WHEN <--

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

--> THE LORD LAID UPON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL.. <--
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

may i remind you with my necu=no..

wicket rule as well others
i know they playing with me as well try ruin my family as they could without any shame

i am not care to much what they think not at all..

wicket forget that Jesus Christ is upon everything

evil and wicket is some trouble
they ruin and destroy many family
still they try posess everything and everyone
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
they will be destroy on the end
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

jesus say proply who they are
opkolise me lazovi lopovi krvnici i ubice
is that your justice
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.....
...Your anti-catholic "heretical condemning and judgemental preaching does NOT offend us either.
....but that "does not", "can no", "nor ever will" make you a Christian....
..The DEVIL!..the author of your bible only Protestant "chaos and confusion" of 42,001+ conflicting and contradicting interpretations.
----------
MICHAEL says.......Come on HOJO! tells us how you really feel?
You've got it!!! Word for word----and more on the way, as long as you (CONTINUE TO) "unload" your anti-catholic hostile "exaggerated garbage" and "heretical vengeance" against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

simple thinking if nobody touch Jesus or put on cross
Did human going died..yes it is
then

bla bla
nobody stay in life

so what
If we died!
Are you going cry?

Save your tears if i could please you
you cry in vain.

liars from beginning
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>havent you leanrned that you cant beleive anythingthat robert f says? his knowledge is limited for certain.
even the disciples didnt KNOW that he was to be crucified and rise again.
John 20:9:
Then the other disciple, who reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed; for as yet they did not understand the scripture, that he must rise from the dead.
Luke also indicated that the disciples of Jesus had not expected his resurrection, for Luke said that after Peter looked inside at the linen cloths, "he went home, wondering at that which had come to pass" (24:12). Numerous references to the apostles' skepticism of a resurrection appear elsewhere in the New Testament (Lk. 24:11,38; Jn. 20:24-25; Matt. 28:17).
mary didnt know either and robert always assumes something that isnt correct, and where he comes up with this foolishness is beyond me. it certainly doesnt come from God's Word.
for the sda satanic cultist, the link.http://www.tektonics.org/ tsr/tsr914.html
Do you have any idea as to why you poted the link to me as I never stated that they did know he would be crucified. My argument was over the statement LTm implying Mary was imbarrased now do you get it.

I STATED no She was concerned for her son because of what was told to her and the rest of the family by friends who were among the multitude of people saying Christ was out od his mind etc.

I implied nothing more or less
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

P.S. Yes Mary knew who her son was as the apostles she may not have understood that he was to die on the cross.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE..
"Love cannot survive in isolation."
THAT IS A STATEMENT THAT IS AS FALSE AS YOUR CONSTANTINE-ISM..
___
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ONE ....MORE ISOLATED THAN JESUS... WAS ON
CALVARY'S CROSS..
HIS CRY WAS..
Psa_22:1 A Psalm of David.
My God, my God,
why hast thou forsaken me?
why art thou so far from helping me,.........
Mat_27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say,
Mar_15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted,
-->YET HIS LOVE SURVIVED
WHEN <--
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
--> THE LORD LAID UPON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL.. <--
Christ poured out His love for us on the Cross. He did not keep it to Himself or just between Him and the Father, it was not isolated.

Question: Do Jesus' words from the cross "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" mean that God the Father abandoned his Son even though, as God, he could have helped him?
Answer

Answer: If someone were to say, "I pledge allegiance to the flag" or "Our Father who art in heaven," most people could either finish the quotation or prayer or at least understand the ideas being expressed. That is because certain quotations in our culture, whether secular or religious, are known and even memorized because of their importance.

This was true of the psalms in Jesus time. He needed only to say the first line, and most Jews would have known the rest, or at least the message.

Jesus was quoting Psalm 22, a messianic psalm that vividly describes the agony the suffering servant would endure.

By quoting this psalm, Jesus shows that he is the fulfillment of that prophecy and that he will be vindicated, which is evident in the psalm’s triumphant ending.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/do-jes...

Keep asking questions, that's the only way you'll learn. Happy to help.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any idea as to why you poted the link to me as I never stated that they did know he would be crucified. My argument was over the statement LTm implying Mary was imbarrased now do you get it.
I STATED no She was concerned for her son because of what was told to her and the rest of the family by friends who were among the multitude of people saying Christ was out od his mind etc.
I implied nothing more or less
I posted the link because you let me know that on the last little snippet, i didnt post one, AND I DIDNT BECAUSE I WASNT THRU USING THAT LINK, BUT SINCE YOU POSTED IT, THERE WAS NO USE FOR ME TO TAKE ANYTHING ELSE OUT OF IT.

SO NOW DO YOU GET IT?LOL.

BTW, I agree with LTM. not u, as u have shown a complete lack of Biblical knowledge unmatched even by robert f.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

245 231 213
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
CONSTANTINE-ISM DOES TEACH BEING BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...
IT DOES NOT TEACH THE SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD...IT TEACHES A PHYSICAL KINGDOM WITH IT PRINCE/POPE IN ROME...
Did not JESUS SPEAK OF YOUR POPE WHEN HE SAID..
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for THE PRINCE.
.G758
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#961;&#967;&#969; &#957;
archo&#772;n
ar'-khone
Present participle of G757; a first (in rank or power):- chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.
OF THIS WORLD COMETH AND HATH NOTHING IN ME.
You have grossly offended me....I am not Catholic.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 3 hr Barbarian 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Scales Off 8,199
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 13 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 21 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 23 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••