Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,941 - 404,960 of 536,993 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
I don't pay any attention to his writing anymore. They are anti-Christ, and anti-theistic in nature. It took me awhile to "let go".
He believes his conscience makes him a more righteous, when in fact he is but a miserable creature now. His message is for destruction not only of the RCC, but of anything concerning God....How awful.
Wrong again.

Anti-Christ you say.

......... Then I guess you feel the same way towards Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and anyone else not christian. That is sad. That is Bigotry.

I post factual information about some catholic church leaders. If you disagree with what I have posted reply back with a rebuttal.

If many catholic church leaders had been living the lives they taught you how to live there would be no stories to post at all.

Put the blame where it squarely belongs, and quit defending those that have created this mess and stolen the lives of thousands of victims.

I can't believe catholics keep defending those that have been found sinful and criminal within their church, and would rather attack me for telling you about them then address them.

I am not going away.......I will continue to post the truth about some members of your church. Isn't it time you got on board?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Correction: They're *now* back on the "ignore" list.
Mine too!

IGNORED!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Robert. Normally I don't read their posts at all, maybe once in a blue moon, but that's it. I usually just scroll past when I see their names. Things got slow around here and there weren't any good theological discussions, so I made the mistake of giving them some attention.
They're not back on the "ignore" list.
Just noticed that some are posting that the Blessed Mother is no different than any other who did God's will, that she's no one special! Good Lord! She is the biological mother of Jesus!! It's her blood that runs through His veins!
What are these people thinking??!!!
ARE they thinking??!!!
Regina M. says....It's her blood that runs through His veins! What are they thinking!!!!

Michael says.....

I didn't think spirits had blood. You learn something new everyday.

UNBELIEVABLE!

You are not very good at explaining things.(lol)

Michael says......so anyone born Muslim, Hindu, Jew, whatever who wasn't taught about Jesus or Mary is what?

Catholics make up only 17% of the world population. 83% disagree with your religious belief. No one is attacking your church, its just that 83% of the world were born by CHANCE into a different theological belief than you.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
I agree with you here. Some like preston consider that Jesus' kinsfolk are mocking Jesus here calling him out of his mind. But I just can't see it like that.
I see his kin as being concerned for Jesus' health and safety, and the expression used here is a bit more dramtic in the story, to show how extreme the situation exists.
The question is as Jesus was concerned for eternal salvation for humanity, is that a sane thing for God to demonstrate? In the post ressurrection world, we of course say ,"Yes." But before the glory of Jesus revelation of the Father it would be very difficult to see....
Robert says.

....Some like preston consider that Jesus' kinsfolk are mocking Jesus here calling him out of his mind. But I just can't see it like that.

....Robert says .you just can't see it that way.

Michael says...

So! we should interpret the bible exactly how you want it to read?

I read it the exact way it is written. Are you now saying the inspired WORDS of God are incorrectly written?

When Paul says James is the brother of the Lord, I guess that is wrong too.

What is the point in the bible if you can change meanings and words to fit your personal agenda?

Where does the fiction stop and the truth begin?

.....something is wrong Robert F.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Scripture that even hints of Mary "offering her son as a sacrifice".....
It does teach: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Oxbow

The Blessed Mary was a devoted Jew, as exemplified by the Presentation, and attendence at the Feasts. And with all Jews they expected the Messiah.

She knew the scriptures.

She accepted by faith, she would bear the Messiah.

Isaiah 53 she knew, and accepted her son would be the Suffering Servant....therefore she knew...."7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth."

And this was done in the instant acceptance by her faith. So she knew Jesus would die in a terrible way, but was thankful and rejoiced in God her Savior, named Jesus.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
Anti-Christ you say.
......... Then I guess you feel the same way towards Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and anyone else not christian. That is sad. That is Bigotry.
I post factual information about some catholic church leaders. If you disagree with what I have posted reply back with a rebuttal.
If many catholic church leaders had been living the lives they taught you how to live there would be no stories to post at all.
Put the blame where it squarely belongs, and quit defending those that have created this mess and stolen the lives of thousands of victims.
I can't believe catholics keep defending those that have been found sinful and criminal within their church, and would rather attack me for telling you about them then address them.
I am not going away.......I will continue to post the truth about some members of your church. Isn't it time you got on board?
You post facts backed by links -- all on board topic.

No one can refute the facts, so they whine and attack the messenger.

This is not a Catholic forum. This is a forum where the title says in essence "the Reformation sucks"

Funny how the RCC hypocrites whine and complain, as they enjoy the fruits of the Reformation.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Robert. Normally I don't read their posts at all, maybe once in a blue moon, but that's it. I usually just scroll past when I see their names. Things got slow around here and there weren't any good theological discussions, so I made the mistake of giving them some attention.
They're not back on the "ignore" list.
Just noticed that some are posting that the Blessed Mother is no different than any other who did God's will, that she's no one special! Good Lord! She is the biological mother of Jesus!! It's her blood that runs through His veins!
What are these people thinking??!!!
ARE they thinking??!!!
ReginaM
Peace

I spent my day reading.

Non-Catholics have a difficult time seeing that the Blessed Mother is nothing more than a sister in Christ. Some in their understanding know the Bible says to call her Blessed. But it just doesn't register in the heart.

I think also it is a form of secular relativism, that everyone is the same, which also goes along with the Bible verse always quoted(lol) "everyone has sinned".... These together form a sort of spiritual darkness.

I also think it is due to the emphasis on a personal relationship with God which tends toward being exclusive, rather than inclusive.

When one's own salvation takes priority over God's Will, that was done by Jesus, there is a sort of isolation. Catholics of course find this foreign because of the unity in the Body of Triumphant, Militant, and Suffering.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what you mean by "actions."
I imagine Cardinal Ratsinger's primary interest would have been disciplinary actions taken under Church law. Did you take this man out of ministry? Was it done according to canon law? What do you have him doing now? What steps are you taking to avoid such cases in the future?
These are what would be the area of review for the CDF. In HINDSIGHT, it is easy to say that the CDF should ALSO have been adressing how bishops were dealing with (or in too many cases, NOT DEALING WITH) civil authorities.
I can see how they made the mistake. It would be near epic folly for an office in Rome to try to keep up on laws on this stuff in every jurisdiction around the world.(There is enough variability - or was - in just the USA for it to be pretty confusing). It would probably be thought that the civil implications and pastoral response (tending to needs of victims and their families) be left to those close to the situation.
Obviously, THAT does not work (we're seeing the same samned thing with public schools and the boy scouts just now, unfortunately). There is an almost universal instinct to try to cover your failures.
I doubt if Cardinal Ratsinger knew how Mahoney was covering things up ... how he was focused on "avoiding civil litigation" and manipulting US laws by hiding the perps in other jurisdictions.
It made sense (at one point) to send these guys for treatment (This assumes the absense of criminal charges, which was too often the case), and facilities set up for treatment are few. One in Arizona (? Servants of the Paraclete), one in Washington, DC, one in Hartford, Connecticut, and perhaps Detroit and Minnesota (Guest House, which mainly treats alcohol and drug abuse, but I *think* they may have tried treating sexual paraphilia as well). Except for dioceses where these facilities are located, a bishop would HAVE to send the man out of state for treatment.
(I wish I could look up what happened with servants of the paraclete, but can't close this window, or I lose the whole post. I may get some points wrong.) In many cases, priests set to Servants ofte Paraclete were not welcome to return home.(I ca't say how often this was the Mahoney strategy.) Pronounced "cured," they were given assignments by the local bishop, and this proved to be a major mistake and disaster.
Conventional wisdom on this is STILL evolving. We know you can never return an offender to an assignment involving chidren.
This means NO parish assignment, and NO hospital ministry.
One might assume this means defrocking them, but that may not be such a good idea.
Benedict faced harsh criticism over a case in California where hedragged his feet on defrocking a priest who had already been removed from ministry.(60 minutes did a real hatchet job of Benedict on this one.) Benedict finally caved, and defrocked the guy, which gave hom the right to marry in the Church. He did, to a woman with young children, and guess what happened?(In my opinion, Benedict bears some culpability in this case. But you can't have it both ways. If Benedict is culpable for giving this guy permission to leave the priesthood and marry, how han he ALSO be blamed when he was dragging his feet, and expressing doubts that this should be permitted. edited.... removed from ministry. The civil authorities were declining to prosecute. hat more could B do?)
Out of space. Sorry
Rob, a second reply as you touched on so many points.

BOTTOM LINE.... I do you believe the RCC's response during the past few years reflects any sort of superior spirituality, morality, or supreme guidance.

I believe a fair grade would be average at best. But certainly no evidence of unique guidance.

We can debate the details, but the countries of Ireland, Belgium, and Australia seem to share my position.

BIG QUESTION: Do you Fr Rob -- believe the RCC's response to this scandal reflect the wishes and standards of Jesus?
chuck

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck new friend
I understand what you are saying. But don't you think she has a unique position? She is to Jesus the only earthly mother He had....And that he was under her care as a child....Is there anyone else on this earth given by God such a grace and such an honor and responibiliy?
Moses lead God`s people out of Egypt...how bout the 10 Commandments.

Unique position?

Many have served God and no one is greater than the other.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

If you asked Jesus Christ he will tell you about satanic wicket conspiracy everywhere in all aspect.
Which house you have.
Is that house broken..must be wicket builders who take money and gone..about defense..they defending wicket corupt world as they serving include lawyers and judges too.

Now..pray for yourself..satanic policy is divided every family as well soul of each person.

now
Pray for them..fire under feet of holy cross is place for them..did you fill that..o yes i hope they will be there for long period time maybe never go out from that fire.

Still you have time for conversion of sinners.
Garlic man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly! Probably 1/4 of one. I can't take it. I like garlic but i can't eat it like candy.
How is your breath?(lol)
Hey jethro8 and Miguelito, let's get you away from this forum and go eat some garlic!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Did your boss have factory from drug dillers?
Did they ever pay tax or have cheep workers..perhaps exploitation..did Micle going support them o yes he will give holy fork stub few of them..
O don't worry corupt lawyers translate doctors judges they will cover up..they are holy diploma from satanic university..they don't need righteousness any more..why should be?

Please give award to holy Micle golden fork.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
I spent my day reading.
Non-Catholics have a difficult time seeing that the Blessed Mother is nothing more than a sister in Christ. Some in their understanding know the Bible says to call her Blessed. But it just doesn't register in the heart.
I think also it is a form of secular relativism, that everyone is the same, which also goes along with the Bible verse always quoted(lol) "everyone has sinned".... These together form a sort of spiritual darkness.
I also think it is due to the emphasis on a personal relationship with God which tends toward being exclusive, rather than inclusive.
When one's own salvation takes priority over God's Will, that was done by Jesus, there is a sort of isolation. Catholics of course find this foreign because of the unity in the Body of Triumphant, Militant, and Suffering.
It's interesting that you bring up the exclusivity of a personal relationship with God that Protestants take such pride in. I've been noticing in recent readings here and there that while this can sound wonderful to some, it really is contrary to the very nature of God and the teachings of Christ. God is, after all, relationship....Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Christ taught love of God, other, then self....service not selfishness. Love cannot survive in isolation. The Body of Christ is in a word Communion.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

all devilish product ..from corupt diploma
cemetery not exist
devil and satanic wicket world don't have fun if not like that..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting that you bring up the exclusivity of a personal relationship with God that Protestants take such pride in. I've been noticing in recent readings here and there that while this can sound wonderful to some, it really is contrary to the very nature of God and the teachings of Christ. God is, after all, relationship....Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Christ taught love of God, other, then self....service not selfishness. Love cannot survive in isolation. The Body of Christ is in a word Communion.
Hey Regina, that is what I've been trying to tell you, we are all one in the Lord, of the One same Spirit, and yes literally in Communion with each other. well not you and me but me and my brothers and sisters, hope and pray you were in there though:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
The Blessed Mary was a devoted Jew, as exemplified by the Presentation, and attendence at the Feasts. And with all Jews they expected the Messiah.
She knew the scriptures.
She accepted by faith, she would bear the Messiah.
Isaiah 53 she knew, and accepted her son would be the Suffering Servant....therefore she knew...."7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth."
And this was done in the instant acceptance by her faith. So she knew Jesus would die in a terrible way, but was thankful and rejoiced in God her Savior, named Jesus.
Appreciate your response...but it does not change the truth...per Scripture:

There is no Scripture that even hints of Mary "offering her son as a sacrifice".....

It does teach: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrinting
No one challenges the Bible. Your views added to the Bible..., we know them well.(smile), and challenge them. It always goes back to this with you.
Remember while talking with Nicodemus, Jesus said,
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
In other words, you don't know who, what, where, when, one is born of the Spirit....
Here is your error, You seem to think, as many Protestants that being born again has to be some very dramatic event, when it can be more quiet than a whisper.
One does not have to go screaming up and down the aisles of a church, or go to an altar call to be born again. It can be done so quietly by God that it is not noticeable. Many virtuous people may be born again is such a way....
~~~

YOU WROTE

No one challenges the Bible. Your views added to the Bible..., we know them well.(smile), and challenge them. It always goes back to this with you.

---

IF YOU ARE LIVING BY THE BIBLE ..WHERE IS YOUR FRUITS...?

Jesus said

Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS...

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is

love,

joy,

peace,

longsuffering,

gentleness,

goodness,

faith,

Gal 5:23

Meekness,

temperance:

against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

QUESTION ..

HOW CAN YOU LIVE BY THE SPIRIT IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT?

WHY NOT OBEY JESUS AND STOP YOUR CONFUSION OF FACE.

___

JESUS SAID...

Joh 3:3 JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HIM, VERILY, VERILY I SAY UNTO THEE...EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN,HE CANNOT SEE...

... properly to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Compare G3700.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

every spirit is not holy
corupt spirit liked posses your soul don't you..
did you sold your soul..to whom..old cherubim..its OK if you are ..does meter..
but
God give free will as well not to do..byyyyyyyyyyyyyy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciate your response...but it does not change the truth...per Scripture:
~~~

CONSTANTINE-ISM DOES TEACH BEING BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...

IT DOES NOT TEACH THE SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD...IT TEACHES A PHYSICAL KINGDOM WITH IT PRINCE/POPE IN ROME...

Did not JESUS SPEAK OF YOUR POPE WHEN HE SAID..

Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for THE PRINCE.

.G758
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#961;&#967;&#969; &#957;
archo&#772;n
ar'-khone
Present participle of G757; a first (in rank or power):- chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.

OF THIS WORLD COMETH AND HATH NOTHING IN ME.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTED POST FROM ABOVE...CONSTANTINE-ISM DOES -->NOT<-- TEACH BEING BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...

IT DOES NOT TEACH THE SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD...IT TEACHES A PHYSICAL KINGDOM WITH IT PRINCE/POPE IN ROME...

Did not JESUS SPEAK OF YOUR POPE WHEN HE SAID..

Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for THE PRINCE.

.G758
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#961;&#967;&#969; &#957;
archo&#772;n
ar'-khone
Present participle of G757; a first (in rank or power):- chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.

OF THIS WORLD COMETH AND HATH NOTHING IN ME.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••