Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665074 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420481 Feb 6, 2013
One week before Lent 2.13.13

Give Ups for Lent and always...

Give up bitterness; turn to forgiveness.
Give up hatred; return good for evil.
Give up negativism; be positive.
Give up complaining; be grateful.
Give up pessimism; be an optimist.
Give up harsh judgments; think kind thoughts.
Give up worry; trust Divine Providence.
Give up discouragement; be full of hope.
Give up anger; be more patient.
Give up pettiness; be more mature.
Give up gloom; enjoy the beauty around you.
Give up jealousy; pray for trust.
Give up gossiping; control your thoughts.
Give up sin; turn to virtue.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420482 Feb 6, 2013
Did Jesus have brothers and sisters (siblings)?"

Jesus’ brothers are mentioned in several Bible verses. Matthew 12:46, Luke 8:19, and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56). In John 7:1-10, His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind. In Acts 1:14, His brothers and mother are described as praying with the disciples. Galatians 1:19 mentions that James was Jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.

Some Roman Catholics claim that these “brothers” were actually Jesus’ cousins. However, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used. While the word can refer to other relatives, its normal and literal meaning is a physical brother. There was a Greek word for “cousin,” and it was not used. Further, if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother? There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.

A second Roman Catholic argument is that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage. An entire theory of Joseph's being significantly older than Mary, having been previously married, having multiple children, and then being widowed before marrying Mary is invented without any biblical basis. The problem with this is that the Bible does not even hint that Joseph was married or had children before he married Mary. If Joseph had at least six children before he married Mary, why are they not mentioned in Joseph and Mary’s trip to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7) or their trip to Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15) or their trip back to Nazareth (Matthew 2:20-23)?

There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical:“But he (Joseph) had no union with her (Mary) until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus”(Matthew 1:25). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

#420483 Feb 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it Regina, if you do not understand the Holy Scripture.
You have been give these scripture's a dozen times or more .
you can't accept them because your church has evident lies to exalt Mary .
Just as I suspected. You can't. Because there is no such scripture.

Thank you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420484 Feb 6, 2013
You think as human and speak as human..you are not God as well you did not know plain of real Creator.

What others speak or wrote we know they change bible.

Hide many things as well they will eliminated anyone who is as well who have to be,as they do in past as well present some in future.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420485 Feb 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me chapter and verse were it says Mary was a virgin forever,
give a chapter and verse were Mary ascended into heaven and God made her Queen.
Give chapter and verse were it says Mary never had a husband and wife relationship, and she never had anymore Children after Jesus .
Its the catholic church that declared all these thinkg not the word of God.
The catholic church just kept adding to the fairy tale, one lie to cover another lie.
GULLABLE IS WHAT I CLAIM YOU ARE THEREFORE IT IS TRUE, BECAUSE I SAID SO.
THAT'S THE SAME LOGIC YOU USE!!! THE CATHOIC CHURCH CLAIMS THE FAIRYTALE ABOUT MARY IS TRUE THEREFORE IT IS.
If Blessed Mother had other children, why did Jesus tell St John "Behold your mother" at the passion of Christ, making her mother to all of us. Why didn't the so called sons that you say she had take care of her?

LTM, if Jesus is king, HIS mother is the queen mother! This was the custom in ancient times.

You know that not everything is in Scripture, right?[John 21:24-25] If everything Jesus did, and all the history would be in the bible you would not be able to carry it.

LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420486 Feb 6, 2013
"Is the perpetual virginity of Mary biblical?"

Answer: It is the official position of the Roman Catholic Church that Jesus' mother Mary remained a virgin for her entire life. Is this concept biblical? Before we look at specific Scriptures, it is important to understand why the Roman Catholic Church believes in the perpetual virginity of Mary. The Roman Catholic Church views Mary as "the Mother of God" and "Queen of Heaven." Catholics believe Mary to have an exalted place in Heaven, with the closest access to Jesus and God the Father. Such a concept is nowhere taught in Scripture. Further, even if Mary did occupy such an exalted position, her having sexual intercourse would not have prevented her from gaining such a position. Sex in marriage is not sinful. Mary would have in no way defiled herself by having sexual relations with Joseph her husband. The entire concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary is based on an unbiblical teaching, Mary as Queen of Heaven, and on an unbiblical understanding of sex.

So, what does the Bible say about the perpetual virginity of Mary? Using the New American Bible, which is a Catholic translation, we can see that the perpetual virginity of Mary is not taught in the Bible. Matthew 1:25 NAB tells us, "He had no relations with her until she bore a son, and he named him Jesus." He, Joseph, did not have sexual relations with her, Mary, UNTIL after she bore a son, Jesus." The meaning of this Scripture is abundantly clear. Joseph and Mary did not have sexual relations until after Jesus was born. Matthew 13:55-56 NAB declares, "Is He not the carpenter's son? Is not his mother named Mary and his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Are not His sisters all with us?" Catholics claim, correctly, that the Greek terms for "brothers" and "sisters" in these verses could also refer to male and female relatives, not necessarily literal brothers and sisters. However, the intended meaning is clear, they thought Jesus to be Joseph's son, the son of Mary, and the brother of James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas, and the brother of the unnamed and unnumbered sisters. Father, mother, brother, sister. It is straining the meaning of the text to interpret “brothers” and “sisters” as "cousins" or "relatives" with the mentioning of Jesus' mother and father.

Matthew 12:46 NAB tells us, "While He was still speaking to the crowds, His mother and His brothers appeared outside, wishing to speak with Him." See also Mark 3:31-34; Luke 8:19-21; John 2:12; and Acts 1:14. All mention Jesus' mother with His brothers. If they were His cousins, or the sons of Joseph from a previous marriage, why were they mentioned with Mary so often? The idea of the perpetual virginity of Mary cannot be drawn from Scripture. It must be forced on Scripture, in contradiction to what the Scriptures clearly state.
gotquestions.ca
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420487 Feb 6, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If Blessed Mother had other children, why did Jesus tell St John "Behold your mother" at the passion of Christ, making her mother to all of us. Why didn't the so called sons that you say she had take care of her?
LTM, if Jesus is king, HIS mother is the queen mother! This was the custom in ancient times.
You know that not everything is in Scripture, right?[John 21:24-25] If everything Jesus did, and all the history would be in the bible you would not be able to carry it.
Weak responds StarC very weak. you got to present something better then that
.I do understand you can not accept the bibical truth, without calling the catholic church liars, producers of a false gospel.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420488 Feb 6, 2013
THE PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY VS. THE BROTHERS OF JESUS
Regarding Mt 27:56 and Mt 13:55
&NR =1
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420489 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I suspected. You can't. Because there is no such scripture.
Thank you.
Yeah I do and can and just did post lots of scripture to prove your wrong.
Now lets see if it will penetrate that brick on your shoulders.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420490 Feb 6, 2013
Scripture say some Robert..o yes liar fornicators killers..holy scripture say describe perfect every error or sin..

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420491 Feb 6, 2013
Must run dear husband wants dinner.
Have a great evening.[6 PM So Cal time.]

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420492 Feb 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak responds StarC very weak. you got to present something better then that
.I do understand you can not accept the bibical truth, without calling the catholic church liars, producers of a false gospel.
You can't decide what is truth, b/c you have no authority. We do not go by LTM's interpretation of Holy Scripture. We go by the teaching of the Apostles that walked the earth with Jesus. Jesus left them to teach and interpret....not a study home mom/granny like you. Sorry.

Bye for now.
ReginaM

Long Branch, NJ

#420493 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why elevate joseph? he didnt even have anything to do with mary according to reg.
St. Joseph was Jesus' earthly father. He provided for all His material needs: food, shelter, clothing, etc. He took care of Jesus, watched over him, played with him, taught him. He was His father in every sense of the word except biologically. God the Father left Jesus in the care of St. Joseph.

We pray to St. Joseph for the grace of a happy death. He's the patron saint of the dying, those who work for a living, and fathers, of course.

There's a beautiful shrine to St. Joseph in Sterling, NJ. It's changed quite a bit over the last several years, but my mother loved it there and we used to visit often as children as we lived close by.

What a cold, empty life it must be when one is a fundamentalist. Brrrr, chill! No thanks!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420494 Feb 6, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I have answered this several times. it was and is the custom of a widow to be helped by a priest during the grieving period,
so quit being so stupid and think for yourself. and therefore mary is not my mother nor is she the mother of any other children except those mentioned in the bible.
concerning what was in ancient times has nothing to do with the Present nor the Future, therefore you cant crown her queen since He isnt crowned King yet, and there are only places reserved on the thrones, God the father and God the son

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420495 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Joseph was Jesus' earthly father. He provided for all His material needs: food, shelter, clothing, etc. He took care of Jesus, watched over him, played with him, taught him. He was His father in every sense of the word except biologically. God the Father left Jesus in the care of St. Joseph.
We pray to St. Joseph for the grace of a happy death. He's the patron saint of the dying, those who work for a living, and fathers, of course.
There's a beautiful shrine to St. Joseph in Sterling, NJ. It's changed quite a bit over the last several years, but my mother loved it there and we used to visit often as children as we lived close by.
What a cold, empty life it must be when one is a fundamentalist. Brrrr, chill! No thanks!
as I was typing a short time ago, I felt the Blessing of God on me, I would that you also could feel His spirit blessing you, instead of this false religion that you belong to.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#420496 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ poured out His love for us on the Cross. He did not keep it to Himself or just between Him and the Father, it was not isolated.
Question: Do Jesus' words from the cross "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" mean that God the Father abandoned his Son even though, as God, he could have helped him?
Answer
Answer: If someone were to say, "I pledge allegiance to the flag" or "Our Father who art in heaven," most people could either finish the quotation or prayer or at least understand the ideas being expressed. That is because certain quotations in our culture, whether secular or religious, are known and even memorized because of their importance.
This was true of the psalms in Jesus time. He needed only to say the first line, and most Jews would have known the rest, or at least the message.
Jesus was quoting Psalm 22, a messianic psalm that vividly describes the agony the suffering servant would endure.
By quoting this psalm, Jesus shows that he is the fulfillment of that prophecy and that he will be vindicated, which is evident in the psalm’s triumphant ending.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/do-jes...
Keep asking questions, that's the only way you'll learn. Happy to help.
~~~

Now since you attempt to teach me...

Suppose you show me scriptures...

from the Old and New testament ..

that authenticates/proves your... mixture of CONSTANTIN-ISM/PAGANISM to be CHRISTIANITY..

Give book, chapter, and verse please...
Robert Dye

United States

#420497 Feb 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
?
...if you read the posts from the catholics on this forum you will also see attacks, insults and name calling towards anyone not catholic. You never address those posts.
Once more, untrue.

The very post your replied to to make this claim was a reply to my offering a gentle correction to a Catholic on the thread, and how he ought not be pointing up flaws in other communities. We have enough to deal with in our own.

Why you would make an untrue statement that I "never address" such things, right after you read a post which was a reply to my doing EXACTLY that ... well, I can imagine a few eqxplanations, but none of them would be polite.

Rob

#420498 Feb 6, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't decide what is truth, b/c you have no authority. We do not go by LTM's interpretation of Holy Scripture. We go by the teaching of the Apostles that walked the earth with Jesus. Jesus left them to teach and interpret....not a study home mom/granny like you. Sorry.
Bye for now.
~~~

It is the Roman Constantine (so called) Church that has no authority ...

IT CANNOT PROVE SCIRIPTUALLY THAT IT'S CONJECTURE IS TRUE.

ALL IT HAS IS THE WHAT THEY HAVE CONJURED UP THEMSELVES AND claimed ALL THESE YEARS...

FOLLOWING THE RULES OF CONSTANTINE-ISM..and communism

WHICH IS

tell a lie...tell it often.... build upon it as if it were true and

some poor ignorant soul will grab hold of it and run with it.

The Roman Constantine-ism pagan religious society is the first original

protestant Religious system ...

They are the group that first broke away from the true Spiritual Christian Church established in Jerusalem...

and

have attempted to hijack the true Church of God in Christ......

establishing a physical dynasty in Rome..
Robert Dye

United States

#420499 Feb 6, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholics whine about being attacked HERE?
How is the title of this board not an attack on Protestants?
How is reinstating prayers for the conversion of the Jews not an attack on Jews?
How is using the term "defective" for Orthodox not an attack?
Baloney. These RCC creeps make claims about perfect teachings on morals and their "vicar of Jesus" uses diplomatic immunity -- bestowed by Mussolini -- to avoid justice for sexually abused orphans.
Roman Catholics forget this and other "minor details" ... hundreds of which refute their absurd claims absolutely.
They have no retort save name-calling.
Question for Fr Rob -- beyond faith, after 1600 years -- what evidence do you have that the claims contained within the article of this board have any basis in fact?
How can we judge these claims by real-world standards?
How do we judge Islam. Maybe we can start there.
The Church did not write the title of the thread. That was written by a nominal "Catholic" with extremely poor reading skills. If you read the link, it's not what the pope said at all.
That deals with the title of the thread being "an attack on Protestants."
Maybe you really DID mean the title of the board.
"Topix Catholic Forum."
If you read that as an attack on Protestants, you are so divorced from reality that I have no idea what to say to you.
Prayers for the conversion of the Jewish people do not constitute an attack. We have a belief about what we belief to be the Truth.(Doesn't everyone?) We belief Jesus to be the Fulfillment of Jewish Messianic Hope.How is it an attack to hope and pray that the Jewish people would come to see that as well? Seeing as we see them as our elder siblings in belief in ONe True God, you claim that this is an "attack" seems wilfully distorted.
The term "defective" as applied to theOrthodox faith is in the context of Apostolic authority. Is there any lack there (any defect?) It's a valid question, and a term I imagine they would apply to US.(Personally, I have never heard it applied to the Orthodox, and I will have to look it up. I see it applied to any community lacking a bishop, or to the Anglican communion, which was founded by a murderer, but never to the Orth. I could have it wrong. I'll check.)
Choosing to see the examination of a "defect" in Apostolic Succession ("defective") as "an insult" or an "attack" is a tad precious, but that's you, on a regular basis.
Perhaps you could discuss all this with the people you "lead," missy.
Rob

#420500 Feb 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is the Roman Constantine (so called) Church that has no authority ...
IT CANNOT PROVE SCIRIPTUALLY THAT IT'S CONJECTURE IS TRUE.
ALL IT HAS IS THE WHAT THEY HAVE CONJURED UP THEMSELVES AND claimed ALL THESE YEARS...
FOLLOWING THE RULES OF CONSTANTINE-ISM..and communism
WHICH IS
tell a lie...tell it often.... build upon it as if it were true and
some poor ignorant soul will grab hold of it and run with it.
The Roman Constantine-ism pagan religious society is the first original
protestant Religious system ...
They are the group that first broke away from the true Spiritual Christian Church established in Jerusalem...
and
have attempted to hijack the true Church of God in Christ......
establishing a physical dynasty in Rome..
~~~

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF HIS TRUE BELIEVERS..

THIS IS THE REASON THAT THE APOSTLE PAULE WROTE..

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 -->That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.<--

Rom 10:10 ==> For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. <==

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

~~~
GOD DID NOT ESTABLISHED A PHYSICAL KINGDOM ..IN ROME..

JESUS DID NOT LIE WHEN HES SAID...

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered,--> My kingdom is not of this world:

if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.<---

Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world,

that
I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

---

THE ROMAN CONSTANTINEIANS ....THAT CLAIM TO BE THE KINGDOM OF GOD....ARE NOT OF TRUTH ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... 21 hr Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Wed Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,376
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
News Opening abortion forgiveness wins praise for Po... Nov 28 GlitterSucks in H... 1
More from around the web