Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,873
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#420147 Feb 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Rob says.......
....It has a SOURCE, and that source chose to make the attack against the Catholic Church, much more so than against any of their communities.
And Jesus TOLD us it was going to happen, so we ought not be suprised.
Michael says....Didn't the story of Jesus claim he went against his OWN religious leaders during his life while he remained a devout Jew? Wouldn't he have been claimed a heretic towards his own belief?
...if you read the posts from the catholics on this forum you will also see attacks, insults and name calling towards anyone not catholic. You never address those posts.
Catholics attack protestants.....Protestants attack catholics. Its a way of life. Each group believes they are superior over the other, and both claim to be superior over anyone that doesn't belong to either group using the very same God inspired doctrines to prove their own conflicting beliefs.
You wonder why educated young people today are not interested in the religions their parents practiced?
Organized religion has created more divisiveness, hatred, ignorance and fear in our world than any other entitity.
Roman Catholics whine about being attacked HERE?

How is the title of this board not an attack on Protestants?

How is reinstating prayers for the conversion of the Jews not an attack on Jews?

How is using the term "defective" for Orthodox not an attack?

Baloney. These RCC creeps make claims about perfect teachings on morals and their "vicar of Jesus" uses diplomatic immunity -- bestowed by Mussolini -- to avoid justice for sexually abused orphans.

Roman Catholics forget this and other "minor details" ... hundreds of which refute their absurd claims absolutely.

They have no retort save name-calling.

Question for Fr Rob -- beyond faith, after 1600 years -- what evidence do you have that the claims contained within the article of this board have any basis in fact?

How can we judge these claims by real-world standards?

How do we judge Islam. Maybe we can start there.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420148 Feb 5, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you SURE you were once a Catholic?
The mother of Mary is referred to as St. Anne, and her father as St. Joachim ( we don't teally know their names, but she must have had parents, and these names do as well an any. Many parishes are names in their honor.)
St. Joseph (notice the honorific? SAINT Joseph?) How can you seriously claim that the Church give him no honor?
You are looking more and more a fraud, with you very limited knowledge of Catholic faith and practice.
Rob
My post was referring to what Clay stated. Everything in his statement referred only to Mary the mother. Everyone who posts on here about Jesus when referring about parents usually only refers to Mary and Joseph almost seems like he was non-important. Read many of the posts regarding this mattter.

What do you mean a fraud? I quit the church 14 years ago and like many catholics including the many on this forum who left did so for their own reasons. Don't claim superiority over anyone not like you.

If I spent 6 years in a seminary having one belief drilled into me, I am sure we would be on the same course.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420149 Feb 5, 2013
..15 years ago the first roman catholic priest in america was charged with sexual abuse of a minor. Catholics were ASTONISHED and didn't want to believe it.

.. 12 years ago the first Bishop was found to be covering up for abusive clergy. Since then dozens have been implicated. 9 years ago CARDINAL LAW was defrocked and now appointed a plum job in Rome by the current Pope, Arch bishop in Philadelphia had his feet put to the fire last year, one of his monsignors sent to prison, now we have CARDINAL MAHONY going the same route as previous cardinals.

Sooner or later the scandal is going to land right on the lap of the Pope. That is when all the finger pointing will begin.

Catholics can be mad at me all they want. I didn't create this mess, your own leaders did, and they committed sins that they always told you from the pulpit to never commit.

What is the REAL agenda of the catholic church? It certainly can't be claiming to be advocates of justice and morality?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420150 Feb 5, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you SURE you were once a Catholic?
The mother of Mary is referred to as St. Anne, and her father as St. Joachim ( we don't teally know their names, but she must have had parents, and these names do as well an any. Many parishes are names in their honor.)
St. Joseph (notice the honorific? SAINT Joseph?) How can you seriously claim that the Church give him no honor?
You are looking more and more a fraud, with you very limited knowledge of Catholic faith and practice.
Rob
Father Rob.....Why aren't you responding to my post regarding former Cardinal Law and Cardinal Mahony?

These are the biggest stories in memory in the catholic church.

Imagine the arrogance of former Cardinal Law who resigned his position for his lies and coverups, is now in charge of a basilica in Rome, and instrumental in investigating 47,000, 80 year old nuns in america because they won't speak out against Gays and women in authority positions in the church.

47,000 hard working women, who MOLESTED no one, under investigation by the same Pope that pardoned defrocked Cardinal Bernard Law that soon appointed him in charge of a Basilica in Rome at $120,000 a year.

What am I missing Father Rob? Where is your voice of anger?

Is there any justice in the church today?

Clay

United States

#420151 Feb 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
We all love our grandmothers too. Why not prayers to Jesus grandmother? Because the church says no. I am sure you love your father as much as your mother for your upbringing, why no praise for step father Joseph??
Why does the church stiff arm Jesus step father Joseph?
We do pray to Saint Ann and Saint Joseph - the Grandma and step father of Christ.
Joseph is a very powerful intercessor.(Patron Saint of the worker).

Also it should be noted, we pray WITH THEM; together to Jesus Christ Our Savior. I clarify that because, stating that we pray TO them only, has been taken out of context by Ideologues who attempt to claim we treat them as a deity.

Thanks for the inquiry about what we Catholics believe.
Now carry on with your agenda on child sexual abuse..
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420152 Feb 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If your so concerned for children, you should link the protestant and public school discussion boards you've been commenting on so we can verify your story. You are on those other boards aren't you, because the problem is much worse in those other institutions and you wouldn't want us to believe you're a phony now would you Mike?
Anthony says..........you should link the protestant and public school discussion boards.

Michael says......ANTHONY!! did you forget what Father Rob said to you yesterday?

.....remember!!

Father Rob says.....

...."Throwing a rock at someone else's house is not the appropriate response to a scandal of our own"

Michael agrees......
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420153 Feb 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We do pray to Saint Ann and Saint Joseph - the Grandma and step father of Christ.
Also it should be noted, we pray WITH THEM; together to Jesus Christ Our Savior. I clarify that because, stating that we pray TO them only, has been taken out of context by Ideologues who attempt to claim we treat them as a deity.
I am just trying to be nice to you like I always am.

No need to sling mud at me.
Catlickers

Herne Bay, UK

#420154 Feb 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one intercessor and that is Jesus everything else is akin to voodoo.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420155 Feb 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph is a very powerful intercessor.
Give me any type of information that can prove this..I'd love to read about it or is this just another opinion of yours?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420156 Feb 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 3:21
21 When his <<<family>>> heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said,“He is out of his mind.”
21 And when his <<<kinsfolks> >> heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said that he was beside himself.
21 When his <<<family>>> heard what was happening, they came to take control of him. They were saying,“He’s out of his mind!”
21 And when <<<his kinsmen>>> had heard, they went out to hold him; for they said, That he is turned into madness.
2 Corinthians 5:13
13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
Christ was possessed of one great propelling idea—to do his Father’s will.
Jesus characterized the worldly, disobedient person as blind, as sheep without a shepherd, foolishly going down a road to self-destruction of his own soul.
Who is really mad?
I'll stay witht he King James version stating friends.

The family come out of concern Mary was noit ashamed of her son, Yes his brothers and brethern had doubt and disbelieved as stated later on ion scripture.

Do you after being told of her conception and John the Baptist also :

3He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Isaiah.

Mathew 3

John Baptizes Jesus

13Then came Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized by him.

14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized by you, and come you to me?

15And Jesus answering said unto him, Permit it to be so now: for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he permitted him.

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up immediately out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

That Mary did not know of these events as well.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#420157 Feb 5, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
Hey Michael,
Wanna see who can eat the most garlic tonight?
I could out do the both of you,it's my favorite fruit :)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420158 Feb 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says..........you should link the protestant and public school discussion boards.
Michael says......ANTHONY!! did you forget what Father Rob said to you yesterday?
.....remember!!
Father Rob says.....
...."Throwing a rock at someone else's house is not the appropriate response to a scandal of our own"
Michael agrees......
He's right. I won't be pasting stories of abuse in protestant communities anymore.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420159 Feb 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
21 When his <<<family>>> heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said,“He is out of his mind.”
21 And when his <<<kinsfolks> >> heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said that he was beside himself.
21 When his <<<family>>> heard what was happening, they came to take control of him. They were saying,“He’s out of his mind!”
21 And when <<<his kinsmen>>> had heard, they went out to hold him; for they said, That he is turned into madness.
2 Corinthians 5:13
13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
Christ was possessed of one great propelling idea—to do his Father’s will.
Jesus characterized the worldly, disobedient person as blind, as sheep without a shepherd, foolishly going down a road to self-destruction of his own soul.
Who is really mad?
Mark 3

And from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him.

9 And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him because of the multitude, lest they should throng him.

31 There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420160 Feb 5, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
It is strange how it never seems to occur to them, or to ask what it is we have, that they lack, that MUST be attacked, MUST be destroyed.
Rob
Since I am not Protestant nor any other denomination, my two cents will probably mean very little to you.

But what you have said above, I've explained to the forum many times on why - lack of following all of Jesus' teachings, but instead have decided to follow what men have stated.

It really isn't that difficult to understand, unless one CHOOSES on their own (or by other men) to believe in the way that they do.

You are no different.

In fact, you actually chose to accept the snake oil that has been distributed.

Please don't blame others for your own personal choices.

Albuquerque, NM

#420161 Feb 5, 2013
Oh yeah - for Dust Storm......

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#420162 Feb 5, 2013
Catlickers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one intercessor and that is Jesus everything else is akin to voodoo.
Citation please.
Clay

United States

#420163 Feb 5, 2013
Catlickers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is one mediator between God and man.

Do I assume you never ask friends or family to pray for you? That's called interceding.
Clay

United States

#420164 Feb 5, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me any type of information that can prove this..I'd love to read about it or is this just another opinion of yours?
That's interesting coming from a man of faith?

Do you have any proof of your theology? OTHER than your opinion of what the Bible says?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420165 Feb 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be no rude awakening for anyone who asks Mary for help.
If I was Jesus, and someone honored my Mother AND asked her to talk to me, I would not be offended one bit. In fact, I would encourage all to love my Mother. She took care of me since birth. She fed me and clothed me. When I needed assistance I went to her. When I cried she was there. If I'm Jesus Christ, you could not please me more, than if you loved and honored my Mom.
By all means, if you're going to ask your biological mom for prayers, Preston, then you surely can ask Mary for prayers.
You would think since Percy believe the soul is conscious after death that Mary and all who have passed could hear your prayers that they also pray for your soul God in Christ name.
Go Figure.

Of course I belive as per scripture we sleep til the resurrection.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420166 Feb 5, 2013
feet
how its look with you Jesus
burning
under feet..i just return from bath..burning..feet as you see totaly burning in water when you go in bath
its sticky..does meter how much water past..still is hot..
do you understood prayers
do you understood Cross
do you understood suffering
do you understood cleansing trough prayers
do you understood him Jesus Christ

hell and your meaning
you show that to me

ispod nogu stenje
pakla zmaj
ispod nogu=under feet

do you understood transfer meaning
do you understood spiritual cleansing
how i fill when i pray

for long time i fill right side of shoulder

then ear

now lags feet hands

burning when you go in water under feet in bath..
under feet=tabani=talibani
tabani=feet
as fire
how much degree
raspadno stanje=very sticky

i fill very well
i am alright
i am still alive
my heart is very inside peace
i constantly asked myself
o where are come-from my energy
or elixir fill like that..

burning feet
taliban=taban=feet

now
do you understood meaning CROSS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 9 hr Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Thu pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Thu PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••