Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,240)

Showing posts 404,781 - 404,800 of511,598
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you stand with them other than on this discussion board?
Notice how he just jumped past wiegels statement:"That hard fact does not in any way excuse clerical sexual predation; nor do the facts about this plague absolve bishops who were malfeasant in their responsibilities as shepherds, or who trusted to psychology more than moral theology in making their decisions. But the facts—and the selective way they are dealt with in too much of the mainstream media—do suggest that the story line declaring the Catholic Church a uniquely perverse institution is a lie; those who perpetrate it are either ignorant bigots, or people with agendas other than the protection of young people, or both."

I think every single school district in the nation has at least one perpetrator. At least one," says Mary Jo McGrath, a California lawyer who has spent 30 years investigating abuse and misconduct in schools. "It doesn't matter if it's urban or rural or suburban."

, the perpetrators that the AP found are everyday educators _ teachers, school psychologists, principals and superintendents among them

For one, many Americans deny the problem, and even treat the abuse with misplaced fascination.

It's dealt with in a salacious manner with late-night comedians

"In other cases, it's reported as if this is some deviant who crawled into the school district _'and now that they're gone, everything's OK.' But it's much more prevalent than people would think."

In case after case the AP examined, accusations of inappropriate behavior were dismissed.

Teachers, administrators and even parents frequently don't, or won't, recognize the signs that a crime is taking place.

Arthur Sensor, the former superintendent in Oelwein, Iowa, who vividly recalls pressuring Lindsey to quit on Feb. 18, 1964, regrets that he didn't do more to stop him back then.

Now, he says, he'd call the police.

"He promised me he wouldn't do it again _ that he had learned. And he was a young man, a beginning teacher, had a young wife, a young child," Sensor, now 86 years old, said during testimony at the Bramows' civil trial.

"I wanted to believe him, and I did."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You sent and article to your congressman.
Ok, I admit it. Although we do claim to be better at helping the poor and needy than being successful CPAs, it looks like we're a lot better at giving money away (in the form of charitable work and abuse settlements) than we are at managing it.
I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?
That was a balanced article that I thought would interest you as well.

So who is asking the RCC to close up shop?

I only asked why the RCC should be treated as both a church and a state?

I have been consistent here.

1... The status of statehood -- bestowed by Mussolini in 1929 -- has done much to corrupt the church.

2.. God would never have approved. If this were some sort of uniquely guided church, it would not be blinded to this fact.

The fact that you and the RCC are so blind tells us all one thing.

BUSTED.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I admit it. Although we do claim to be better at helping the poor and needy than being successful CPAs, it looks like we're a lot better at giving money away (in the form of charitable work and abuse settlements) than we are at managing it.
I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?
Anthony says.....

....... Although we do claim to be better at helping the poor and needy.

Michael says.......47.000, 80 year old frail nuns, help the poor and needy every day in the trenches, yet your woman hater church leaders who aren't in the trenches, call the nuns radical feminists because the church wants the nuns to talk more about gay issues and abortions than helping the poor and needy.

UNIONS across america donate billions every year to thousands of charities, and do not gloat about what they do.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.....

....I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?

Michael says..

......you are saying that if there were no catholic church charities, you wouldn't donate money to the hospitals or other charities on your own? UNBELIEVABLE!

UNBELIEVABLE!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a blowhard! Thanks for sending all that hot air down here, it's melting the snow!!
http://www.catholicmemes.com/atheism/talks-ab...
And thank you for reading my posts!!
What's a Blowhard Peanut ? I have heard of blowing a smoke screen and not knowing the color of your socks..........lol
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how he just jumped past wiegels statement:"That hard fact does not in any way excuse clerical sexual predation; nor do the facts about this plague absolve bishops who were malfeasant in their responsibilities as shepherds, or who trusted to psychology more than moral theology in making their decisions. But the facts—and the selective way they are dealt with in too much of the mainstream media—do suggest that the story line declaring the Catholic Church a uniquely perverse institution is a lie; those who perpetrate it are either ignorant bigots, or people with agendas other than the protection of young people, or both."
I think every single school district in the nation has at least one perpetrator. At least one," says Mary Jo McGrath, a California lawyer who has spent 30 years investigating abuse and misconduct in schools. "It doesn't matter if it's urban or rural or suburban."
, the perpetrators that the AP found are everyday educators _ teachers, school psychologists, principals and superintendents among them
For one, many Americans deny the problem, and even treat the abuse with misplaced fascination.
"In other cases, it's reported as if this is some deviant who crawled into the school district _'and now that they're gone, everything's OK.' But it's much more prevalent than people would think."
In case after case the AP examined, accusations of inappropriate behavior were dismissed.
Teachers, administrators and even parents frequently don't, or won't, recognize the signs that a crime is taking place.
Arthur Sensor, the former superintendent in Oelwein, Iowa, who vividly recalls pressuring Lindsey to quit on Feb. 18, 1964, regrets that he didn't do more to stop him back then.
"He promised me he wouldn't do it again _ that he had learned. And he was a young man, a beginning teacher, had a young wife, a young child," Sensor, now 86 years old, said during testimony at the Bramows' civil trial.
More BS.

Please show us where anyone claims that the Catholic Church is a "uniquely perverse institution?"

DUH!!! Your church stands on a pedestal and puts down all others as "untrue." That's like a devoted Communist still claiming that Communism works.

Like a devout Communist, you are arguing against all reality.

Thus, you have no choice but to make up lies -- and then answer those lies. It avoids reality nicely, but you still sound foolish.

Don't believe me. Believe the millions spent on a Super Bowl ad -- the Joe Montana ketchup stain.

It's so absurd, the RCC has become a worldwide joke. That's reality!!!

Hello??? The RCC is making a joke of Jesus and you are a robotic part of the process.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be cancer.
There will always be evil.
Thanks to benefactors like Mussolini, there will always be a collection of perverts known as the Roman Catholic Church -- the lapdog of totalitarians and dictators.
Never forget. The USA was your enemy in 1776 and it is today.
God Bless Reformation America
(PS -- sorry about Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, and Yamamoto -- but it's been that way for you guys for the past 500 years, so get used to it. Horahhhhh.)
Religious people beam/pray BILLIONS of prayers to God everyday, and everyday cancer, heart disease, car accidents, and evil will remain the same.

People pray MOSTLY on sundays. Gods day off. That is not very nice.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

<quoted text>
BTW Clay, thank you for your honesty.
I wrote - "The USA was your enemy in 1776 and It is today"
Clay replied -- "Dang right it is."
Again, thank you Clay. If only all Catholics were so honest. Pity almost none of the back-stabbers will walk their talk.
Sigh..........
Oooh, you sorta stopped my quote before I stated that I love my country..
But anyway,
They are really not a true friend to Catholicism or the Church.
That's my opinion. It doesn't have to be like that. America and the CC could be friends. It comes down to who wants to compromise. The Catholic Church doesn't have the authority to compromise Christs Church.
I don't know where you get your history from, but I don't see how our country was ever a real friend to Catholics. Once Catholic immigrants like the Irish came over, we had voting power. So that changed things a little.
But today, our country is forcing us to violate our moral code and provide contraceptives, including the morning after pill- which is abortion.
Is that the friend you think America is?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is not God, silly. But it IS The Church Christ started. It does have the authority from God to teach infallibly on faith and morals. It IS the administrator of His Holy Sacraments and those graces are from God and God only.
Nothing will ever bring down this Church. Its literally impossible. It will be here when your great grand kids are long gone. No other organization on the planet has existed as long as the RCC.
I laugh at the thought of you and mike waking up screaming in the middle of the night at this reality. You're probably in the same bed too.
Your Popes have even decieved Kings and Presidents.

President Bush Sees GOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
It just gets better and better:
~~~~~~~~~~
Thus, as a Catholic, I do not normally sense in some tabloid atheist the presence of a supreme discerning intellect. I simply place him or her in much the same pitiable bin of intellectual vulgarians as the chartered accountant who cannot see the art in Picasso, the redneck who cannot admit of indigenous culture, and the pissant who cannot see the difference between Yeats and Bob Ellis.
It is not deep perception we encounter here, but a critical failure of imaginative capacity. It is a bit like the old joke: how many atheists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None - no matter what they do, they just can't see the light.
The second wearying thing about the new atheism is that it is not new at all. It is so banally derivative of every piece of hate mail ever sent to God that I am amazed Satan has yet to sue for copyright infringement. No old chestnut is too ripe, rotten or sodden, especially when it comes to the Catholics as accredited suppliers of what apparently is the Christian equivalent of methamphetamine.
In an average week of atheistic bigotry in the Melbourne/American media, we can expect to learn that Catholics endorse child molestation, hate all other religions, would re-introduce the crusades and the auto de fe at the slightest opportunity, despise women, wish to persecute homosexuals, greedily divert public moneys for their own religious purposes, subvert public health care, brainwash children, and are masterminding the spread of the cane toad across northern Australia.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul...
How many catholics does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

.... 9 to pray against the spirit of darkness, and 1 to screw it in until their prayers are answered.

How many Gods does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

3, but they are really one.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
He sent a news article to his congressman.

He has an agenda, and it's not about the victims.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

<quoted text>
More BS.
Please show us where anyone claims that the Catholic Church is a "uniquely perverse institution?"
DUH!!! Your church stands on a pedestal and puts down all others as "untrue." That's like a devoted Communist still claiming that Communism works.
Like a devout Communist, you are arguing against all reality.
Thus, you have no choice but to make up lies -- and then answer those lies. It avoids reality nicely, but you still sound foolish.
Don't believe me. Believe the millions spent on a Super Bowl ad -- the Joe Montana ketchup stain.
It's so absurd, the RCC has become a worldwide joke. That's reality!!!
Hello??? The RCC is making a joke of Jesus and you are a robotic part of the process.
Sorry to burst your bigot bubble again loser, but you don't care about the children. Its all about the Catholic Church for you. Did you write to your congressman about the schools? You are proof of what he is talking about and what we all know. I listened to 3 different protestant preachers on Sunday. All 3 slammed the church. So tell me are raids being done at teacher conferences? The church is worldwide. The media gives a pass to a little church or organization and says the administrators knew nothing, but they specualate the Pope knows every detail of every priest in every church. What a crock. Not until 2001 were things even sent to the Vatican and I am sure it only took a few minutes to look everything over. lol What a loser you are. So what did PBS know about elmos speaker. How about the BBC? What do your congressman know about the schools? What are they doing? Would you be happy if the abusers had been prosectuted and gone to counseling which they did anyway and then they said they were fine and readmitted in institutions everywhere with no checks which was the status quo? What would have changed? You are looking at things from what we know now. Yet you perpetuate along with other Protestants in here that it is a uniquely Catholic Problem and it doesnt exist elsewhere and therefore ignore it. Thus you do not acknowledge the problem and nothing changes. As studies go on in other countries there will be more news. As mistakes are made they will be learned from. Why is a joke about a priest automatically being a child bugger funny? Because the obvious fact the media has painted a picture and people like you and those in here are in denial. The church has acknowledge failings but morons like you will assure that no change takes place anwhere else, because its just a Catholic thing. The media has a tendency to compare every scandal to that of the Catholic church. Interesting but no painting there. Get a clue! Its a witch hunt pure and simple and many more things you glossed over had been said to prove it. Nothing here to prove the church is not the church. Its utter stupidity which is par for the ocurse for you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

<quoted text>
That was a balanced article that I thought would interest you as well.
So who is asking the RCC to close up shop?
I only asked why the RCC should be treated as both a church and a state?
I have been consistent here.
1... The status of statehood -- bestowed by Mussolini in 1929 -- has done much to corrupt the church.
2.. God would never have approved. If this were some sort of uniquely guided church, it would not be blinded to this fact.
The fact that you and the RCC are so blind tells us all one thing.
BUSTED.
Um, they are, in fact, a Church and a sate. Some here and elsewhere would argue that there was more corruption BEFORE they became a state. Can't have it both ways bud.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.....
....I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?
Michael says..
......you are saying that if there were no catholic church charities, you wouldn't donate money to the hospitals or other charities on your own? UNBELIEVABLE!
UNBELIEVABLE!
I donate to other charities right now. But only ones that don't support abortion, gay rights and the liberal elitist agenda.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He sent a news article to his congressman.
He has an agenda, and it's not about the victims.
Ya think? lol Yeah about the church not the children or concern for them. But he is all about the abuse everywhere. lol Atheists who deny Christ and doubt he may have ever existed but know what the bible says just like all the different protestants guided by God. However as long as they are bashing on the church its all good. Christianities finest.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Ignorance of the scriptures is ignorance of Christ.(St Jerome)
And this set of imaginations in your mind about scriptures has bothered me, since when I first read it....
First the brethren of Jesus did not mock him. At best they were dissappointed that he did not go into Jerusalem and establish his Kingship as they desired, so they could claim some part....
Secondly there is no Prostitute sinner in the N.T.....So that automatically makes no Prostitue sinner that was smarter than the Blessed Virgin Mary in the N.T. Just another vain imagaination of your mind concerning scripture....
Thirdly, your imagnination concerning that it took Mary longer to acknowledge Jesus as her Saviour than various others, and remained outside....This to me is the most bizarre imagination,(other than Jesus not being an ontological man of the human race), that I have ever heard!(Luke 1:45 counters this explicitly, in that Elisabeth by the Holy Spirit acknowledges Mary in believing.....not only, in the miracle of the Virgin birth, but in whom Jesus is, the Messiah, and thus the Savior.) Even non-Catholic commentaries acknowledge this....
Its time for you to get born-again. Forget all this vain imagination you have on what you believe and think the Bible is, and your dreams....Ye must be born again....
Amen !!! My first to ever see a protestant so ignorant to even make such a statement.
Mary knew her son was the Messiah and son of God.
However on the subjst of a prostitute we find.
1 Corinthians 6:16
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
What? know you not that he who is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, says he, shall be one flesh.
English Standard Version (©2001)
Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written,“The two will become one flesh.”
Hebrews 11:31

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.

----------
James 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

Luke 7:36-50.

36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying,“This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”

The we have two women in revelation one being a harlot etc.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I donate to other charities right now. But only ones that don't support abortion, gay rights and the liberal elitist agenda.
IRS studies show liberals, mon-religious give far less to charities as a percent of income. SURPRISE!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Amen !!! My first to ever see a protestant so ignorant to even make such a statement.
Mary knew her son was the Messiah and son of God.
However on the subjst of a prostitute we find.
1 Corinthians 6:16
What? know you not that he who is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, says he, shall be one flesh.
Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written,“The two will become one flesh.”
Hebrews 11:31
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.
----------
James 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
Luke 7:36-50.
36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying,“This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”
The we have two women in revelation one being a harlot etc.
7th day

You are right. There are mention of harlots in the Bible, and N.T.

Unfortunately, we can only "guess" in the book of Luke, what type of sinner the woman was that put the fragrant oil on Jesus' feet. It always makes for a more "dramatic" effect that she was a harlot, but is not so stated.

And I was wrong in saying there were no harlots in the N.T. But I meant this in reference to Jesus, in the Gospels, and not the whole N.T.

I was just a bit in shock when I saw preston wrote that Mary didn't know Jesus as the Messiah from the beginning....It has something to do with not being able to accept his humanity. And so it makes me wonder a bit on what sort of ideal he has for himself, as a person, women in general, and humanity as a whole....

I will be praying for him some more so that he may understand, repent, and accept Jesus Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

It never stops!!!!

IL- Abusive priest defrocked, SNAP responds

BELLEVILLE (IL)
Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests

Posted by David Clohessy on February 01, 2013

The Catholic hierarchy has finally defrocked Belleville's most notorious predator priest, Fr. Raymond Kownacki.

Kownacki abused and impregnated a teen, tried to perform an abortion, and assaulted dozens of kids.

Still, it took Catholic officials almost 20 years to defrock him after he'd already been permanently ousted from ministry. These facts clearly show how little Belleville and Vatican staffers care about vulnerable kids and wounded adults.

Starting tomorrow, Bishop Edward Braxton should personally go to each parish where Kownacki worked, begging victims, witnesses and whistleblowers to call police, get help expose wrongdoing and start healing.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If the church has a right to determine who belongs and who doesn't why doesn't mother church practice that?
If catholic women are having abortions, and if the church hates gay people, same sex marriage,and has no use for equality for women in the church, does not tolerate catholics who do not attend mandatory mass, or use contraceptives and against catholics and clergy who speak in favor of optional celebacy why doesn't the church clear up this matter and say........you are not welcome here.
What is the point in beating around the bush continually berating catholics who don't really want to belong.
Its time the church leaders say. YOUR IN OR YOUR OUT.
.....do you agree?
NOPE!!!----God, Jesus Christs and His One True Catholic Church give us "free will" to make choices.(to be obedient to the TRUTH of the moral teachings (in the bible) or "reject and deny (that TRUTH). The Catholic Church doesn't hate anybody!!!But it does hate sin! Jesus established His One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL are guilty of! Homosexuals, Emancipated liberal "nuns", men and women who support abortion, contraceptive
Catholics, etc are ALL a repeat story of the Prodigal son, defiant,rebellous and repugnant individuals who have "turned their back" on the TRUTH from over 2000 years of the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ (Himself) and His One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 404,781 - 404,800 of511,598
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 min Scales Off 7,630
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 4 hr Joseph Paskudnok 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Mon Highchurchman 5
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Apr 12 ELIAS IBARRA 17
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••