Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#420017 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the children today, its the thousands of adults who were children back in the day, and it has taken decades for them to get justice, at least the ones still living.
Quit being so smug and defending your church leaders.
The ones caught are just the tip of the iceburg...
Thank God we have a justice system that turns everystone over.
192 priests/bishops from LA ALONE!! 192...
I would think that people of God would want answers.

We discover that most of the 29 cases in Philly, PA were not reported for the John Jay Report.

Now, how many of the 192 cases in LA, CA were not reported for the John Jay Report?

It never ends with these creeps. They attack us, they attack the media, they attack Ireland, they attack the USA, they attack Austria -- but when facts come to light that show how the Vatican has been stonewalling their victims (and the world) once again -- the creeps are silent or make excuses.

Imagine -- the RCC lying repeatedly to a major Catholic-supported University, charged with giving a fair and honest reporting to the world!!!

Of course, the creeps see nothing wrong.

That's the definition of creep.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420018 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...Thanks for not caring about the children. Self
Oh I care about the children, but please stop diverting from your own faults of supporting the abusers, okay?

I left your organization, to show solidarity to all those who have been abused.

Looks as though I have done more to help those children than you can even muster up and be honest about.

Go on diverting and deflecting from the truths DS.

People with your mentality are surely not noticing the children, but have all their eyes on the priests, bishops and even cardinals.

Please don't place your faults upon me, when they clearly show that they have nothing to do with me, and plainly show how you have helped perpetuate the abusers.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#420019 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Mikey like I said you are shining light for children everywhere. No one has done more than you and abuse has only occured in Catholic Churches and nothing was ever or has been done. Yawn..
You remind me of a petualant child holding his hands over his ears and closing his eyes, all the while repeating "la-la-la-la-la!"

Stop with the insults and start reading the facts about your church.

Then stop supporting them.

It really isn't that difficult to help protect the children.

One just needs to step forward and admit the truths, instead of hiding behind the robes of your heirarchy.

Self.
marge

Ames, IA

#420020 Feb 4, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing that says the Blessed Mother and Jesus' relatives did not know and accept He was the Messiah, though they may not have fully understood until after His death and ressurrection.
Your prejudice against the humanity of Jesus through Mary is quite astounding. Please don't repeat it. It is very hurtful to Jesus. If you don't understand, just make an inquiry, don't presume you are correct, and the rest of Christianity is wrong.
Robert, it does say His own relatives and family, and your right after His death and resurrection many understood more fully.

1Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown. 2The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked,“Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?” 3Then they scoffed,“He’s just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us.” They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.

4Then Jesus told them,“A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and >among his relatives and his own family.” 5And because of their unbelief,< he couldn’t do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6And he was amazed at their unbelief.
marge

Ames, IA

#420021 Feb 4, 2013
Robert the above was from Mark 6, and here again in Matt 13 He says the same;

And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor."

And here His family says;

Mark 3:21
When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Location hidden

#420022 Feb 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Your more than ignorant and you are bold face lier when scripture plainly let's us know Mary [k]new[k, I corrected it for your por spaling, lol] her son was also her savior.
Luke 1
Mary's Visit to Elizabeth
39And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judah;
40And entered into the house of Zachariah, and greeted Elizabeth.
41And it came to pass, that, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit:
42And she spoke out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
43And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
45And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
Mary's Song
46And Mary said, My soul does magnify the Lord,
47And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
And why not provide the scripture wrather than wait for a response in hope to provoke an argument Percy ?
John 11:2 This Mary, whose brother Lazarus now lay sick, was the same one who poured perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair.
"this person who used that oil on the feet of Jesus is NOT MARY MAGADELEN, IT IS THE SISTER OF MARTHA AND LAZARUS.and they are always portrayed as FRIENDS of Jesus, NEVER AS A SINNER, LIKE YOU ARE CALLING HER."
these are the words that I used to show robert that this was not the sinner Mary, and all you are doing is showing the world that my statement was CORRECT. SO WHATS THE BEEF? LOL.

getting back to Mary, the Mother of jesus, It is my opinion that Mary never got Saved until after His death.when she then began to walk with His Disciples instead of being outside the gate,looking in.LOL. and then like many others at Pentecost, she received the Holy Spirit, and there are many denominations that would insist that would have been the time that she got Saved. knowing that jesus is the Savior and accepting Him as your personal Savior are two entirely different things. as several have posted verses that show His siblings didnt believe in Him as the messiah, you would have thought that Mary [knowing] then that he was the Messiah would have taught her children better. I know that I have taught my children that Jesus is Lord.as a senior, my son wrote for a grant that he was brought up in a religious family. he got it of course. and it paid for his tutution and books all thru college.

when you Bless God, He will bless you.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#420023 Feb 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
Of course, if you can't read the Bible responsibly then yeah, stay out of it. It can be dangerous in the hands idiots.
How many compounds were constructed after people read Revelation?

They thought the whole book was about the end of the world! They thought it was happening now. That was 400 yrs ago and 40,000 cults later.

You conspiracy Christians have ruined souls with your private interpretation of Sacred Scripture.
Every one of you was started by a Biblical theme that was taken out of context and you went Awol with it!
I believe your people, Jac, ran off in a rabid frenzy after seeing something about the Sabbath in Scriptures?
So sad you were duped by these private interpreters and self proclaimed authorities..
RIIIIGHT. That's why the Jesuit Ribera interpreted Revelation twice - both contradicting.

One was FUTURISM - Revelation is yet future.
and...
PRETERISM Revelation was fulfilled already.

Now tell me that the RCC is the pillar of truth!
I believe the Protestant point of view - HISTORISM - part fulfilled and part yet future.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#420024 Feb 4, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why those verses are not in the RCC's Mass reading cycle?
A few hundred years ago, the Bible was on the RCC's list of prohibited books (verifiable and "explainable" fact).
Maybe someone has a link to the official RCC interpretation?
No it was not.

Location hidden

#420025 Feb 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>My first thought is that somewhere down the road you Grieved the Holy Spirit Away.
Only YOU care as to what you think.lol
Robert Dye

United States

#420026 Feb 4, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why those verses are not in the RCC's Mass reading cycle?
A few hundred years ago, the Bible was on the RCC's list of prohibited books (verifiable and "explainable" fact).
Maybe someone has a link to the official RCC interpretation?
I'm not quite clear on what you are saying, Buster. Today's Gospel reading, Mark 5,1-20, yes?

You can find a link to the reading here (assuming the link works correctly).

http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/020413.cf...

What are you saying is missing from this? I double-checked it against the KJV, and I don't see what it is you are talking about.

Rob

Location hidden

#420027 Feb 4, 2013
marge wrote:
Robert the above was from Mark 6, and here again in Matt 13 He says the same;
And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor."
And here His family says;
Mark 3:21
When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."
if people like robert who belongs to the catholics religion rewfused to read and learn for themselves, it is very dificult for us to explain teh facts to them.

and then the sda comes on here and tries to discredit me because I have withstood his devilish attempts, yet he uses the Bible which proves my statement about mary the sister of martha and Lazarus, being a friend of jesus, not a sinner

dont make sense to me.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#420028 Feb 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of a petualant child holding his hands over his ears and closing his eyes, all the while repeating "la-la-la-la-la!"
One just needs to step forward and admit the truths, instead of hiding behind the robes of your heirarchy.
Self.
How does leaving the Church help protect the children?

How did your leaving help?(I thought you left before you were aware of the scandal)

What are you doing now to protect the children?

Some child protection advocates say with the safeguards instituted by the Church, children are safer in Catholic schools and Churches than in any other organization.
an honest man

Australia

#420029 Feb 4, 2013
that is why christianity may go down the hole to muslims because there is too many sects and the original bible from jesus times has been lost. the the king james bible i wouldnt go on since it was written by the king james. who the f..k is king james? a human. the bibles been changed far too many times and even a few words can mean the difference. they all might have a similar essence but no excuses. gods word is gods word. There should even be a holy land in rome. it shuld be in jerusalem. n im not a muslim either
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#420030 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the children today, its the thousands of adults who were children back in the day, and it has taken decades for them to get justice, at least the ones still living.
Why aren't you out helping protect kids in protestant communities and public schools? It's more dangerous for them there.

"tip of the iceberg"?

Considering the public schools and protestant communities are worse than Catholic, it sounds to me like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Or....are you like Freemind, all talk, no walk?

Location hidden

#420031 Feb 4, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not quite clear on what you are saying, Buster. Today's Gospel reading, Mark 5,1-20, yes?
You can find a link to the reading here (assuming the link works correctly).
http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/020413.cf...
What are you saying is missing from this? I double-checked it against the KJV, and I don't see what it is you are talking about.
Rob
perhaps ROB, you can answer this.
why are practically ALL of catholic clerics, unfit to be in any pulpit.[topix censored what i really wanted to say, even tho they posted it yesterday,lol]?
does your church have any that dont fit that mold?

Location hidden

#420032 Feb 4, 2013
an honest man wrote:
that is why christianity may go down the hole to muslims because there is too many sects and the original bible from jesus times has been lost. the the king james bible i wouldnt go on since it was written by the king james. who the f..k is king james? a human. the bibles been changed far too many times and even a few words can mean the difference. they all might have a similar essence but no excuses. gods word is gods word. There should even be a holy land in rome. it shuld be in jerusalem. n im not a muslim either
lol, the letters AV after 1611 means Authorized Version.

if you dont know what you are talking about, refrain from talking period.lol
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#420033 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mikey did you hear the news? Thank God you have done so much! Now you can really help. Learn!

The training programs offered by Catholic parishes now are so widespread and considered so helpful that non-Catholic churches frequently send their parishioners to the Catholic training programs. In most dioceses, clergy are required to repeat this training every so many years or face often severe punishment, such as the suspension of faculties (having permission to preach and celebrate the sacraments revoked by the bishop). Prevention measures by U.S. dioceses are tracked by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, which conducts regular audits to ensure that all parishes are in compliance, and the audit results are published.

Al Notzon III, chair of the National Review Board that has helped advise the U.S. bishops on clergy sex abuse, said that there has been “striking improvement” and “children are safer now” than they were several years ago. However, there is still work to do in order to “protect children and restore trust,” he said.

Notzon spoke to the U.S. bishops gathered at their spring meeting in Atlanta, Ga. on June 13.

He delivered a 10 year progress report on the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People, which was adopted by the bishops in Dallas in 2002 as part of their response to the sexual abuse scandal.

He also offered recommendations based on a recent study conducted by the independent research institution John Jay College of Criminal Justice, entitled "The Causes and Context of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests in the United States, 1950-2010."

The Church has taken “serious steps towards understanding and reducing” sexual abuse of minors by priests, Notzon said.

He noted that there has been a steady decline in new cases of abuse and that all 195 U.S. dioceses and eparchies now have policies and procedures in place to prevent and handle abuse, as well as a Victim Assistance Coordinator to help in responding to allegations.

Dioceses across the country have instituted review boards comprised of both laity and clergy to advise on alleged abuse cases and are actively cooperating with legal authorities when such accusations arise, he said.

Additionally, confidentiality agreements have been abolished, except when requested by victims.

http://www.soladeiverbum.com/abuse.shtml

http://childmolestationprevention.org/

fforts have also been made to offer pastoral assistance to victims, and written codes of conduct have been implemented for clergy and other adults who work around children, Notzon added.

Despite these significant improvements, dioceses must continue working to restore trust, he said, emphasizing that the work “is not finished and may never be.”

“We must never let our guard down,” he stated, cautioning against “complacency” or reduced vigilance.

He offered recommendations for the future based on the independently-conducted “causes and context” study, which he observed may be useful for other organizations, since child sexual abuse is a problem in the broader community and not just the Catholic Church.

Education is one important factor in working to improve the protection of young people in the U.S., said Notzon.

Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#420034 Feb 4, 2013
He encouraged dioceses to train “all segments of parish life,” including diocesan personnel, parents, children and school staff members.

Notzon also stressed the need for situational prevention. He encouraged bishops to measure, monitor and report on the effectiveness of safe environment programs in their dioceses, as well as to develop a system of clergy evaluations.

Bishops should maintain regular personal contact with priests and should work to address their need to develop fraternal bonds through small clergy faith groups, he said.

Notzon also recommended developing programs to help international priests adjust, because certain behaviors may be culturally acceptable in one country but not in another.

In addition to continuing work to respond promptly to allegations, relieve offenders, comply with civil law and reach out to victims, adopting these recommendations will help “ensure confidence and transparency,” Notzon said.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#420035 Feb 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
zzzz...Self
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#420036 Feb 4, 2013
Today's Mass Gospel Reading:

:)

Mk 5:1-20
Jesus and his disciples came to the other side of the sea,
to the territory of the Gerasenes.
When he got out of the boat,
at once a man from the tombs who had an unclean spirit met him.
The man had been dwelling among the tombs,
and no one could restrain him any longer, even with a chain.
In fact, he had frequently been bound with shackles and chains,
but the chains had been pulled apart by him and the shackles smashed,
and no one was strong enough to subdue him.
Night and day among the tombs and on the hillsides
he was always crying out and bruising himself with stones.
Catching sight of Jesus from a distance,
he ran up and prostrated himself before him,
crying out in a loud voice,
“What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?
I adjure you by God, do not torment me!”
(He had been saying to him,“Unclean spirit, come out of the man!”)
He asked him,“What is your name?”
He replied,“Legion is my name. There are many of us.”
And he pleaded earnestly with him
not to drive them away from that territory.

Now a large herd of swine was feeding there on the hillside.
And they pleaded with him,
“Send us into the swine. Let us enter them.”
And he let them, and the unclean spirits came out and entered the swine.
The herd of about two thousand rushed down a steep bank into the sea,
where they were drowned.
The swineherds ran away and reported the incident in the town
and throughout the countryside.
And people came out to see what had happened.
As they approached Jesus,
they caught sight of the man who had been possessed by Legion,
sitting there clothed and in his right mind.
And they were seized with fear.
Those who witnessed the incident explained to them what had happened
to the possessed man and to the swine.
Then they began to beg him to leave their district.
As he was getting into the boat,
the man who had been possessed pleaded to remain with him.
But Jesus would not permit him but told him instead,
“Go home to your family and announce to them
all that the Lord in his pity has done for you.”
Then the man went off and began to proclaim in the Decapolis
what Jesus had done for him; and all were amazed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Passing thru 84,338
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Gee Tee 9,604
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... 4 hr policestatepractice 1
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... 7 hr policestatepractice 1
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 12 hr Chimney1 304
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... 19 hr Edithbunker 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web