Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603264 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#419957 Feb 4, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS.
Please show us where anyone claims that the Catholic Church is a "uniquely perverse institution?"
DUH!!! Your church stands on a pedestal and puts down all others as "untrue." That's like a devoted Communist still claiming that Communism works.
Like a devout Communist, you are arguing against all reality.
Thus, you have no choice but to make up lies -- and then answer those lies. It avoids reality nicely, but you still sound foolish.
Don't believe me. Believe the millions spent on a Super Bowl ad -- the Joe Montana ketchup stain.
It's so absurd, the RCC has become a worldwide joke. That's reality!!!
Hello??? The RCC is making a joke of Jesus and you are a robotic part of the process.
Sorry to burst your bigot bubble again loser, but you don't care about the children. Its all about the Catholic Church for you. Did you write to your congressman about the schools? You are proof of what he is talking about and what we all know. I listened to 3 different protestant preachers on Sunday. All 3 slammed the church. So tell me are raids being done at teacher conferences? The church is worldwide. The media gives a pass to a little church or organization and says the administrators knew nothing, but they specualate the Pope knows every detail of every priest in every church. What a crock. Not until 2001 were things even sent to the Vatican and I am sure it only took a few minutes to look everything over. lol What a loser you are. So what did PBS know about elmos speaker. How about the BBC? What do your congressman know about the schools? What are they doing? Would you be happy if the abusers had been prosectuted and gone to counseling which they did anyway and then they said they were fine and readmitted in institutions everywhere with no checks which was the status quo? What would have changed? You are looking at things from what we know now. Yet you perpetuate along with other Protestants in here that it is a uniquely Catholic Problem and it doesnt exist elsewhere and therefore ignore it. Thus you do not acknowledge the problem and nothing changes. As studies go on in other countries there will be more news. As mistakes are made they will be learned from. Why is a joke about a priest automatically being a child bugger funny? Because the obvious fact the media has painted a picture and people like you and those in here are in denial. The church has acknowledge failings but morons like you will assure that no change takes place anwhere else, because its just a Catholic thing. The media has a tendency to compare every scandal to that of the Catholic church. Interesting but no painting there. Get a clue! Its a witch hunt pure and simple and many more things you glossed over had been said to prove it. Nothing here to prove the church is not the church. Its utter stupidity which is par for the ocurse for you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419958 Feb 4, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a balanced article that I thought would interest you as well.
So who is asking the RCC to close up shop?
I only asked why the RCC should be treated as both a church and a state?
I have been consistent here.
1... The status of statehood -- bestowed by Mussolini in 1929 -- has done much to corrupt the church.
2.. God would never have approved. If this were some sort of uniquely guided church, it would not be blinded to this fact.
The fact that you and the RCC are so blind tells us all one thing.
BUSTED.
Um, they are, in fact, a Church and a sate. Some here and elsewhere would argue that there was more corruption BEFORE they became a state. Can't have it both ways bud.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419959 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.....
....I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?
Michael says..
......you are saying that if there were no catholic church charities, you wouldn't donate money to the hospitals or other charities on your own? UNBELIEVABLE!
UNBELIEVABLE!
I donate to other charities right now. But only ones that don't support abortion, gay rights and the liberal elitist agenda.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#419960 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He sent a news article to his congressman.
He has an agenda, and it's not about the victims.
Ya think? lol Yeah about the church not the children or concern for them. But he is all about the abuse everywhere. lol Atheists who deny Christ and doubt he may have ever existed but know what the bible says just like all the different protestants guided by God. However as long as they are bashing on the church its all good. Christianities finest.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419962 Feb 4, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Ignorance of the scriptures is ignorance of Christ.(St Jerome)
And this set of imaginations in your mind about scriptures has bothered me, since when I first read it....
First the brethren of Jesus did not mock him. At best they were dissappointed that he did not go into Jerusalem and establish his Kingship as they desired, so they could claim some part....
Secondly there is no Prostitute sinner in the N.T.....So that automatically makes no Prostitue sinner that was smarter than the Blessed Virgin Mary in the N.T. Just another vain imagaination of your mind concerning scripture....
Thirdly, your imagnination concerning that it took Mary longer to acknowledge Jesus as her Saviour than various others, and remained outside....This to me is the most bizarre imagination,(other than Jesus not being an ontological man of the human race), that I have ever heard!(Luke 1:45 counters this explicitly, in that Elisabeth by the Holy Spirit acknowledges Mary in believing.....not only, in the miracle of the Virgin birth, but in whom Jesus is, the Messiah, and thus the Savior.) Even non-Catholic commentaries acknowledge this....
Its time for you to get born-again. Forget all this vain imagination you have on what you believe and think the Bible is, and your dreams....Ye must be born again....
Amen !!! My first to ever see a protestant so ignorant to even make such a statement.
Mary knew her son was the Messiah and son of God.
However on the subjst of a prostitute we find.
1 Corinthians 6:16
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
What? know you not that he who is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, says he, shall be one flesh.
English Standard Version (©2001)
Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written,“The two will become one flesh.”
Hebrews 11:31

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

English Standard Version (©2001)
By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.

----------
James 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

Luke 7:36-50.

36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying,“This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”

The we have two women in revelation one being a harlot etc.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#419963 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I donate to other charities right now. But only ones that don't support abortion, gay rights and the liberal elitist agenda.
IRS studies show liberals, mon-religious give far less to charities as a percent of income. SURPRISE!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419964 Feb 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Amen !!! My first to ever see a protestant so ignorant to even make such a statement.
Mary knew her son was the Messiah and son of God.
However on the subjst of a prostitute we find.
1 Corinthians 6:16
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
What? know you not that he who is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, says he, shall be one flesh.
English Standard Version (©2001)
Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written,“The two will become one flesh.”
Hebrews 11:31
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
English Standard Version (©2001)
By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.
----------
James 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
Luke 7:36-50.
36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying,“This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”
The we have two women in revelation one being a harlot etc.
7th day

You are right. There are mention of harlots in the Bible, and N.T.

Unfortunately, we can only "guess" in the book of Luke, what type of sinner the woman was that put the fragrant oil on Jesus' feet. It always makes for a more "dramatic" effect that she was a harlot, but is not so stated.

And I was wrong in saying there were no harlots in the N.T. But I meant this in reference to Jesus, in the Gospels, and not the whole N.T.

I was just a bit in shock when I saw preston wrote that Mary didn't know Jesus as the Messiah from the beginning....It has something to do with not being able to accept his humanity. And so it makes me wonder a bit on what sort of ideal he has for himself, as a person, women in general, and humanity as a whole....

I will be praying for him some more so that he may understand, repent, and accept Jesus Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#419965 Feb 4, 2013
It never stops!!!!

IL- Abusive priest defrocked, SNAP responds

BELLEVILLE (IL)
Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests

Posted by David Clohessy on February 01, 2013

The Catholic hierarchy has finally defrocked Belleville's most notorious predator priest, Fr. Raymond Kownacki.

Kownacki abused and impregnated a teen, tried to perform an abortion, and assaulted dozens of kids.

Still, it took Catholic officials almost 20 years to defrock him after he'd already been permanently ousted from ministry. These facts clearly show how little Belleville and Vatican staffers care about vulnerable kids and wounded adults.

Starting tomorrow, Bishop Edward Braxton should personally go to each parish where Kownacki worked, begging victims, witnesses and whistleblowers to call police, get help expose wrongdoing and start healing.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#419966 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If the church has a right to determine who belongs and who doesn't why doesn't mother church practice that?
If catholic women are having abortions, and if the church hates gay people, same sex marriage,and has no use for equality for women in the church, does not tolerate catholics who do not attend mandatory mass, or use contraceptives and against catholics and clergy who speak in favor of optional celebacy why doesn't the church clear up this matter and say........you are not welcome here.
What is the point in beating around the bush continually berating catholics who don't really want to belong.
Its time the church leaders say. YOUR IN OR YOUR OUT.
.....do you agree?
NOPE!!!----God, Jesus Christs and His One True Catholic Church give us "free will" to make choices.(to be obedient to the TRUTH of the moral teachings (in the bible) or "reject and deny (that TRUTH). The Catholic Church doesn't hate anybody!!!But it does hate sin! Jesus established His One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL are guilty of! Homosexuals, Emancipated liberal "nuns", men and women who support abortion, contraceptive
Catholics, etc are ALL a repeat story of the Prodigal son, defiant,rebellous and repugnant individuals who have "turned their back" on the TRUTH from over 2000 years of the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ (Himself) and His One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#419967 Feb 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE!!!----God, Jesus Christs and His One True Catholic Church give us "free will" to make choices.(to be obedient to the TRUTH of the moral teachings (in the bible) or "reject and deny (that TRUTH). The Catholic Church doesn't hate anybody!!!But it does hate sin! Jesus established His One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL are guilty of! Homosexuals, Emancipated liberal "nuns", men and women who support abortion, contraceptive
Catholics, etc are ALL a repeat story of the Prodigal son, defiant,rebellous and repugnant individuals who have "turned their back" on the TRUTH from over 2000 years of the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ (Himself) and His One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!
Exactly what is there about the 1st century church we read about in scripture that is similar to the catholic church? It is in NO WAY similar to the Church Christ established. Man polluted the Church Christ established with man's teachings and went WAY off the reservation! Christ's Church has been restored, but it is not the catholic church.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419968 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people beam/pray BILLIONS of prayers to God everyday, and everyday cancer, heart disease, car accidents, and evil will remain the same.
People pray MOSTLY on sundays. Gods day off. That is not very nice.
Micheal writes -- "People pray MOSTLY on Sundays. Gods day off."

A PROFOUND TRUTH from Michael -- thank you!

Maybe we should start thinking about God's feelings, instead of laying all of our petty problems on God all the time, especially on Sundays!!!
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419969 Feb 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE!!!----God, Jesus Christs and His One True Catholic Church give us "free will" to make choices.(to be obedient to the TRUTH of the moral teachings (in the bible) or "reject and deny (that TRUTH). The Catholic Church doesn't hate anybody!!!But it does hate sin! Jesus established His One True Catholic Church--"to save sinners" of which we ALL are guilty of! Homosexuals, Emancipated liberal "nuns", men and women who support abortion, contraceptive
Catholics, etc are ALL a repeat story of the Prodigal son, defiant,rebellous and repugnant individuals who have "turned their back" on the TRUTH from over 2000 years of the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ (Himself) and His One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!
Is your god really so kooky as to create humanity with free will --- so that 95.9% of humanity uses their free will the wrong way?

Or, maybe your god just wants to torture most of humanity for all eternity.

That's believable :o)

Says much about the Catholics here too.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#419970 Feb 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
It never stops!!!!
IL- Abusive priest defrocked, SNAP responds
BELLEVILLE (IL)
Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests
Posted by David Clohessy on February 01, 2013
The Catholic hierarchy has finally defrocked Belleville's most notorious predator priest, Fr. Raymond Kownacki.
Kownacki abused and impregnated a teen, tried to perform an abortion, and assaulted dozens of kids.
Still, it took Catholic officials almost 20 years to defrock him after he'd already been permanently ousted from ministry. These facts clearly show how little Belleville and Vatican staffers care about vulnerable kids and wounded adults.
Starting tomorrow, Bishop Edward Braxton should personally go to each parish where Kownacki worked, begging victims, witnesses and whistleblowers to call police, get help expose wrongdoing and start healing.
Ousted permanently 20 years ago. Meanwhile in recent news back at the baptist church where oxbores in denial dont see.

--Bellevue Baptist Church near Memphis, Tenn., a prominent congregation long led by former two-time SBC president Adrian Rogers, became mired in a scandal in 2006 and 2007 when a blog reported that new pastor Steve Gaines knew about past sexual abuse by a staff member but kept it quiet.

An investigation by church leaders found that Paul Williams, a minister and staff member for 34 years, had sexually abused his adolescent son over a period of 12 to 18 months 17 years earlier. Williams was allowed to keep his job, which included counseling with adult victims of sexual abuse, until six months after he confessed to what Gaines originally described as a “moral failure.”

--Much more recently, police in Clinton and Jackson, Miss., launched an investigation after John Langworthy confessed to “sexual indiscretions” committed decades earlier with younger males. A few weeks earlier Langworthy had resigned as longtime associate pastor of music and ministries of Morrison Heights Baptist Church in Clinton. He now faces eight felony charges and is scheduled to stand trial April. 2.

Church elders conducted their own investigation and resisted sharing what they learned with law enforcement, citing clergy-penitent privilege. After Langworthy’s confession, it became public that he was fired in 1989 over abuse allegations at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Dallas, but church leaders including future SBC president Jack Graham failed to report it to the police as required by law.

Graham has not commented publicly on the revelation. Greg Besler, senior pastor of Morrison Heights Baptist Church, was guest preacher for chapel at Southern Seminary on Oct. 25, one week after Langworthy pleaded not guilty in court.

--Two years into a 10-year sentence for multiple counts of sexual indecency with a child, David Pierce, the former long-time minister music at First Baptist Church in Benton, Ark., awaits results of his most recent parole hearing Nov. 15.

A disclaimer says the list represents only “some” of the men who brought scandal to the Southern Baptist Convention and likely is just “the tip of the iceberg.” It does not include ministers that are “credibly accused” but not charged with a crime that are kept in records by the Catholic Church and other denominations.

Five years ago Brown urged leaders of the SBC including Land to begin keeping a database of convicted, confessed or credibly accused sexual predators and create an independent review board to which victims could report alleged abuse. After study the SBC Executive Committee recommended against the idea, saying the convention lacked authority to investigate local churches that are autonomous.

Critics point out that local-church autonomy has not prevented Southern Baptists from kicking out churches for reasons like acceptance of homosexuality and calling a female pastor

http://stopbaptistpredators.blogspot.com/
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419971 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they are, in fact, a Church and a sate. Some here and elsewhere would argue that there was more corruption BEFORE they became a state. Can't have it both ways bud.
Please support your claim that "Some elsewhere would argue that there was more corruption BEFORE they became a state."

Can you provide a link? I doubt it. Pity, but it does serve to deflect reality.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#419972 Feb 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
It never stops!!!!
IL- Abusive priest defrocked, SNAP responds
BELLEVILLE (IL)
Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests
Posted by David Clohessy on February 01, 2013
The Catholic hierarchy has finally defrocked Belleville's most notorious predator priest, Fr. Raymond Kownacki.
Kownacki abused and impregnated a teen, tried to perform an abortion, and assaulted dozens of kids.
Still, it took Catholic officials almost 20 years to defrock him after he'd already been permanently ousted from ministry. These facts clearly show how little Belleville and Vatican staffers care about vulnerable kids and wounded adults.
Starting tomorrow, Bishop Edward Braxton should personally go to each parish where Kownacki worked, begging victims, witnesses and whistleblowers to call police, get help expose wrongdoing and start healing.
Ousted permanently 20 years ago. Meanwhile back at the Baptist Church denial and lack of action or accountability continues not for 20 or 30 year old cases.

--Bellevue Baptist Church near Memphis, Tenn., a prominent congregation long led by former two-time SBC president Adrian Rogers, became mired in a scandal in 2006 and 2007 when a blog reported that new pastor Steve Gaines knew about past sexual abuse by a staff member but kept it quiet.

An investigation by church leaders found that Paul Williams, a minister and staff member for 34 years, had sexually abused his adolescent son over a period of 12 to 18 months 17 years earlier. Williams was allowed to keep his job, which included counseling with adult victims of sexual abuse, until six months after he confessed to what Gaines originally described as a “moral failure.”

--Much more recently, police in Clinton and Jackson, Miss., launched an investigation after John Langworthy confessed to “sexual indiscretions” committed decades earlier with younger males. A few weeks earlier Langworthy had resigned as longtime associate pastor of music and ministries of Morrison Heights Baptist Church in Clinton. He now faces eight felony charges and is scheduled to stand trial April. 2.

Church elders conducted their own investigation and resisted sharing what they learned with law enforcement, citing clergy-penitent privilege. After Langworthy’s confession, it became public that he was fired in 1989 over abuse allegations at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Dallas, but church leaders including future SBC president Jack Graham failed to report it to the police as required by law.

Graham has not commented publicly on the revelation. Greg Besler, senior pastor of Morrison Heights Baptist Church, was guest preacher for chapel at Southern Seminary on Oct. 25, one week after Langworthy pleaded not guilty in court.

--Two years into a 10-year sentence for multiple counts of sexual indecency with a child, David Pierce, the former long-time minister music at First Baptist Church in Benton, Ark., awaits results of his most recent parole hearing Nov. 15.

A disclaimer says the list represents only “some” of the men who brought scandal to the Southern Baptist Convention and likely is just “the tip of the iceberg.” It does not include ministers that are “credibly accused” but not charged with a crime that are kept in records by the Catholic Church and other denominations.

Five years ago Brown urged leaders of the SBC including Land to begin keeping a database of convicted, confessed or credibly accused sexual predators and create an independent review board to which victims could report alleged abuse. After study the SBC Executive Committee recommended against the idea, saying the convention lacked authority to investigate local churches that are autonomous.

Critics point out that local-church autonomy has not prevented Southern Baptists from kicking out churches for reasons like acceptance of homosexuality and calling a female pastor

http://stopbaptistpredators.blogspot.com/
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419973 Feb 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, you sorta stopped my quote before I stated that I love my country..
But anyway,
They are really not a true friend to Catholicism or the Church.
That's my opinion. It doesn't have to be like that. America and the CC could be friends. It comes down to who wants to compromise. The Catholic Church doesn't have the authority to compromise Christs Church.
I don't know where you get your history from, but I don't see how our country was ever a real friend to Catholics. Once Catholic immigrants like the Irish came over, we had voting power. So that changed things a little.
But today, our country is forcing us to violate our moral code and provide contraceptives, including the morning after pill- which is abortion.
Is that the friend you think America is?
We know your moral codes. No one forces the RCC to do anything. The only reason you are whining is that you can't force others -- here or worldwide -- to do what you want them to do.

As for your "love of country," I'll let your complaining stand for itself.

I don't blame you for not escaping this "oppression" for a wonderful Catholic paradise like Mexico or Peru.

Who wants to give up the fruits of the Reformation for a Catholic armpit?

Certainly not you!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#419974 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bigot bubble again loser, but you don't care about the children. Its all about the Catholic Church for you. Did you write to your congressman about the schools? You are proof of what he is talking about and what we all know. I listened to 3 different protestant preachers on Sunday. All 3 slammed the church. So tell me are raids being done at teacher conferences? The church is worldwide. The media gives a pass to a little church or organization and says the administrators knew nothing, but they specualate the Pope knows every detail of every priest in every church. What a crock. Not until 2001 were things even sent to the Vatican and I am sure it only took a few minutes to look everything over. lol What a loser you are. So what did PBS know about elmos speaker. How about the BBC? What do your congressman know about the schools? What are they doing? Would you be happy if the abusers had been prosectuted and gone to counseling which they did anyway and then they said they were fine and readmitted in institutions everywhere with no checks which was the status quo? What would have changed? You are looking at things from what we know now. Yet you perpetuate along with other Protestants in here that it is a uniquely Catholic Problem and it doesnt exist elsewhere and therefore ignore it. Thus you do not acknowledge the problem and nothing changes. As studies go on in other countries there will be more news. As mistakes are made they will be learned from. Why is a joke about a priest automatically being a child bugger funny? Because the obvious fact the media has painted a picture and people like you and those in here are in denial. The church has acknowledge failings but morons like you will assure that no change takes place anwhere else, because its just a Catholic thing. The media has a tendency to compare every scandal to that of the Catholic church. Interesting but no painting there. Get a clue! Its a witch hunt pure and simple and many more things you glossed over had been said to prove it. Nothing here to prove the church is not the church. Its utter stupidity which is par for the ocurse for you.
...."bigot", "loser", "moron".....
- Having a little problem over there Dust Storm?
- No control of name calling only shows your arrogance and deflection.

Dust Storm wrote:
"Yet you perpetuate along with other Protestants in here that it is a uniquely Catholic Problem and it doesnt exist elsewhere and therefore ignore it."

New Age writes:
- Speculation
- IMO - it sounds like you are deflecting your own anxiety over this topic that doesn't go away.

BTW - one thing in my opinion hasn't changed and that is the continuous perpetuation of the deeds b y individuals in an organization that should not even have such occurrences.

Yet - you deflect from those individuals and point the fingers elsewhere.

You are just as guilty as those who did harm, if you allow it to continue in your organization.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419975 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bigot bubble again loser, but you don't care about the children. Its all about the Catholic Church for you. Did you write to your congressman about the schools? You are proof of what he is talking about and what we all know. I listened to 3 different protestant preachers on Sunday. All 3 slammed the church. So tell me are raids being done at teacher conferences? The church is worldwide. The media gives a pass to a little church or organization and says the administrators knew nothing, but they specualate the Pope knows every detail of every priest in every church. What a crock. Not until 2001 were things even sent to the Vatican and I am sure it only took a few minutes to look everything over. lol What a loser you are. So what did PBS know about elmos speaker. How about the BBC? What do your congressman know about the schools? What are they doing? Would you be happy if the abusers had been prosectuted and gone to counseling which they did anyway and then they said they were fine and readmitted in institutions everywhere with no checks which was the status quo? What would have changed? You are looking at things from what we know now. Yet you perpetuate along with other Protestants in here that it is a uniquely Catholic Problem and it doesnt exist elsewhere and therefore ignore it. Thus you do not acknowledge the problem and nothing changes. As studies go on in other countries there will be more news. As mistakes are made they will be learned from. Why is a joke about a priest automatically being a child bugger funny? Because the obvious fact the media has painted a picture and people like you and those in here are in denial. The church has acknowledge failings but morons like you will assure that no change takes place anwhere else, because its just a Catholic thing. The media has a tendency to compare every scandal to that of the Catholic church. Interesting but no painting there. Get a clue! Its a witch hunt pure and simple and many more things you glossed over had been said to prove it. Nothing here to prove the church is not the church. Its utter stupidity which is par for the ocurse for you.
No one is blaming mother church. Some clergy, worldwide have commited grave sins against children, BUT much of the rest of the worldwide clergy LIED, and COVERED up these most heinous sins..........from you and all others, who pay their salaries.

OK with that?

something is terribly wrong!



RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419976 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bigot bubble again loser, but you don't care about the children. Its all about the Catholic Church for you. Did you write to your congressman about the schools? You are proof of what he is talking about and what we all know. I listened to 3 different protestant preachers on Sunday. All 3 slammed the church. So tell me are raids being done at teacher conferences? The church is worldwide. The media gives a pass to a little church or organization and says the administrators knew nothing, but they specualate the Pope knows every detail of every priest in every church. What a crock. Not until 2001 were things even sent to the Vatican and I am sure it only took a few minutes to look everything over. lol What a loser you are. So what did PBS know about elmos speaker. How about the BBC? What do your congressman know about the schools? What are they doing? Would you be happy if the abusers had been prosectuted and gone to counseling which they did anyway and then they said they were fine and readmitted in institutions everywhere with no checks which was the status quo? What would have changed? You are looking at things from what we know now. Yet you perpetuate along with other Protestants in here that it is a uniquely Catholic Problem and it doesnt exist elsewhere and therefore ignore it. Thus you do not acknowledge the problem and nothing changes. As studies go on in other countries there will be more news. As mistakes are made they will be learned from. Why is a joke about a priest automatically being a child bugger funny? Because the obvious fact the media has painted a picture and people like you and those in here are in denial. The church has acknowledge failings but morons like you will assure that no change takes place anwhere else, because its just a Catholic thing. The media has a tendency to compare every scandal to that of the Catholic church. Interesting but no painting there. Get a clue! Its a witch hunt pure and simple and many more things you glossed over had been said to prove it. Nothing here to prove the church is not the church. Its utter stupidity which is par for the ocurse for you.
Poor dust writes -- "I listened to 3 different protestant preachers on Sunday. All 3 slammed the church."

All that and he still went to Mass! LMAO

Of course they can't defend using diplomatic immunity to thwart justice for sexually-abused orphans, so they attack the messenger and -- whine, whine, whine.

Somehow, I am the evil one because I don't really care about the victims.

Somehow, Catholics are "wronged" because I post -- 100% on board topic BTW -- about real-world events that TOTALLY BUST in the strongest possible way the absurd, mystical RCC claims.

I am attacked because these Catholics-in-denial can NOT refute.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419977 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ousted permanently 20 years ago. Meanwhile back at the Baptist Church denial and lack of action or accountability continues not for 20 or 30 year old cases.
--Bellevue Baptist Church near Memphis, Tenn., a prominent congregation long led by former two-time SBC president Adrian Rogers, became mired in a scandal in 2006 and 2007 when a blog reported that new pastor Steve Gaines knew about past sexual abuse by a staff member but kept it quiet.
An investigation by church leaders found that Paul Williams, a minister and staff member for 34 years, had sexually abused his adolescent son over a period of 12 to 18 months 17 years earlier. Williams was allowed to keep his job, which included counseling with adult victims of sexual abuse, until six months after he confessed to what Gaines originally described as a “moral failure.”
--Much more recently, police in Clinton and Jackson, Miss., launched an investigation after John Langworthy confessed to “sexual indiscretions” committed decades earlier with younger males. A few weeks earlier Langworthy had resigned as longtime associate pastor of music and ministries of Morrison Heights Baptist Church in Clinton. He now faces eight felony charges and is scheduled to stand trial April. 2.
Church elders conducted their own investigation and resisted sharing what they learned with law enforcement, citing clergy-penitent privilege. After Langworthy’s confession, it became public that he was fired in 1989 over abuse allegations at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Dallas, but church leaders including future SBC president Jack Graham failed to report it to the police as required by law.
Graham has not commented publicly on the revelation. Greg Besler, senior pastor of Morrison Heights Baptist Church, was guest preacher for chapel at Southern Seminary on Oct. 25, one week after Langworthy pleaded not guilty in court.
--Two years into a 10-year sentence for multiple counts of sexual indecency with a child, David Pierce, the former long-time minister music at First Baptist Church in Benton, Ark., awaits results of his most recent parole hearing Nov. 15.
A disclaimer says the list represents only “some” of the men who brought scandal to the Southern Baptist Convention and likely is just “the tip of the iceberg.” It does not include ministers that are “credibly accused” but not charged with a crime that are kept in records by the Catholic Church and other denominations.
Five years ago Brown urged leaders of the SBC including Land to begin keeping a database of convicted, confessed or credibly accused sexual predators and create an independent review board to which victims could report alleged abuse. After study the SBC Executive Committee recommended against the idea, saying the convention lacked authority to investigate local churches that are autonomous.
Critics point out that local-church autonomy has not prevented Southern Baptists from kicking out churches for reasons like acceptance of homosexuality and calling a female pastor
http://stopbaptistpredators.blogspot.com/
DustStorm says...

...Meanwhile back at the Baptist Church denial and lack of action or accountability continues not for 20 or 30 year old cases.

Michael says....What have you done personally regarding accountability in your own diocese that has had more than its share of bad clergy?.......Nothing Michael!

The reason the scandals just keep on comin' is because of lack of follower intervention.

This will never go away as long as you continue to ALLOW IT.

Remember the clergy work for you. You pay their salaries/benefits. No one else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Do you know 9,678
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr_SKY 84,400
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 27 Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web