Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,641 - 404,660 of 536,889 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
Oh, this is just too good not to repeat it....and so appropriate to this board!
~~~~~~~~~~
The second factor has to do with wit. For some reason, contemporary Australian/American atheism seems to consider itself terribly funny. Its proponents only have to wheel out one of the
age-old religious libels to lose control of their
bladders. To outsiders, of course, it is a bit
like watching a giggling incontinent drunk at a
party. This is not to say that believers - and perhaps especially Catholics - do not get seriously irritated by atheists. They do, but not because atheists are fearfully clever or Wildely funny.
Frankly, the prime reason the average believer finds the common or garden atheist as appealing as a holiday in Birchip is because they consign them
to that sorry category of individuals who spend
their lives loudly congratulating themselves on
their own intelligence without noticing that no
one else is joining the chorus.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul ...
More rationalization -- how Catholics try to avoid verifiable facts and reason.

....... This is a board about how the RCC claims that all others are spiritually "defective."

....... This is a board claiming that the churches of 99% of America's Founders were somehow not "true churches."

Of course, if one disagrees and defends America's founders, they are somehow "attacking" Catholics.

There is no end to the hatred spewed by these anti-American sickos.

Catholic Girl

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Hurray our Ravens WON the Superbowl !!

How's the ice fishing going?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If the church has a right to determine who belongs and who doesn't why doesn't mother church practice that?
If catholic women are having abortions, and if the church hates gay people, same sex marriage,and has no use for equality for women in the church, does not tolerate catholics who do not attend mandatory mass, or use contraceptives and against catholics and clergy who speak in favor of optional celebacy why doesn't the church clear up this matter and say........you are not welcome here.
What is the point in beating around the bush continually berating catholics who don't really want to belong.
Its time the church leaders say. YOUR IN OR YOUR OUT.
.....do you agree?
They do, a person who procures an abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae.

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
... They still don't even believe there was a coverup.
Its the atheists fault, whoever they are.(lol)
Yep! It's everyone's fault -- except theirs.

I am PROUD to be called names by Catholics sickos, because I stand with sexually-abused orphans against one of the most powerful and corrupt institutions on earth.

Heck, there was even a Super Bowl ad mocking these Catholic sickos!

(Remember the Joe Montana ketchup stain?) The entire country laughs at these sickos and they STILL don't have a clue.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Once against, an angry, name-calling Catholic-in-bitter-denial confusing the RCC with God Himself.
DUH!!!!!!!!!! The RCC is not God.
95.9% of humanity do not deny Jesus, just the corrupt and perverted RCC.
The Catholic Church is not God, silly. But it IS The Church Christ started. It does have the authority from God to teach infallibly on faith and morals. It IS the administrator of His Holy Sacraments and those graces are from God and God only.

Nothing will ever bring down this Church. Its literally impossible. It will be here when your great grand kids are long gone. No other organization on the planet has existed as long as the RCC.
I laugh at the thought of you and mike waking up screaming in the middle of the night at this reality. You're probably in the same bed too.

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, these may help:
http://www.northshorecare.com/pullons-depend-...
They can't refute, so they attack.

If Jesus were truly on their sicko side, they could do much better -- like presenting real-world facts backed by links.

But alas, they stand with Evil perverts -- and resort to attacks and lies -- because that's all Satan has.

Thank you. It's good to be on the side of goodness and truth.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, Anti-Catholic Reformation AMERICA

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is not God, silly. But it IS The Church Christ started. It does have the authority from God to teach infallibly on faith and morals. It IS the administrator of His Holy Sacraments and those graces are from God and God only.
Nothing will ever bring down this Church. Its literally impossible. It will be here when your great grand kids are long gone. No other organization on the planet has existed as long as the RCC.
I laugh at the thought of you and mike waking up screaming in the middle of the night at this reality. You're probably in the same bed too.
There will always be cancer.

There will always be evil.

Thanks to benefactors like Mussolini, there will always be a collection of perverts known as the Roman Catholic Church -- the lapdog of totalitarians and dictators.

Never forget. The USA was your enemy in 1776 and it is today.

God Bless Reformation America

(PS -- sorry about Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, and Yamamoto -- but it's been that way for you guys for the past 500 years, so get used to it. Horahhhhh.)

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

"The Church, however, must always hold itself to a stricter standard."

of comedy.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

<quoted text>
Yep! It's everyone's fault -- except theirs.
I am PROUD to be called names by Catholics sickos, because I stand with sexually-abused orphans against one of the most powerful and corrupt institutions on earth.
Heck, there was even a Super Bowl ad mocking these Catholic sickos!
(Remember the Joe Montana ketchup stain?) The entire country laughs at these sickos and they STILL don't have a clue.
Where do you stand with them other than on this discussion board?
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

It just gets better and better:

~~~~~~~~~~

Thus, as a Catholic, I do not normally sense in some tabloid atheist the presence of a supreme discerning intellect. I simply place him or her in much the same pitiable bin of intellectual vulgarians as the chartered accountant who cannot see the art in Picasso, the redneck who cannot admit of indigenous culture, and the pissant who cannot see the difference between Yeats and Bob Ellis.

It is not deep perception we encounter here, but a critical failure of imaginative capacity. It is a bit like the old joke: how many atheists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None - no matter what they do, they just can't see the light.

The second wearying thing about the new atheism is that it is not new at all. It is so banally derivative of every piece of hate mail ever sent to God that I am amazed Satan has yet to sue for copyright infringement. No old chestnut is too ripe, rotten or sodden, especially when it comes to the Catholics as accredited suppliers of what apparently is the Christian equivalent of methamphetamine.

In an average week of atheistic bigotry in the Melbourne/American media, we can expect to learn that Catholics endorse child molestation, hate all other religions, would re-introduce the crusades and the auto de fe at the slightest opportunity, despise women, wish to persecute homosexuals, greedily divert public moneys for their own religious purposes, subvert public health care, brainwash children, and are masterminding the spread of the cane toad across northern Australia.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul...

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I printed and sent this article to my Congressmen, requesting that they look into the duel church-state status of the RCC and should the USA continue to recognize Mussolini's 1929 set-up.

http://www.economist.com/node/21560536

It states both positives and negatives. However....

"JPMorgan Chase recently closed the Vatican Bank’s accounts under pressure from the US Treasury."

Shed the legacy of Mussolini. The RCC would be much better off as a Church and not a state.

Anything is 10,000% better than your denial.

Imagine -- Jesus smiling on a church that owns a bank. I guess no one in the RCC thought that Jesus last act on earth as a free man had any meaning. LMAO!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

<quoted text>
There will always be cancer.
There will always be evil.
Thanks to benefactors like Mussolini, there will always be a collection of perverts known as the Roman Catholic Church -- the lapdog of totalitarians and dictators.
Never forget. The USA was your enemy in 1776 and it is today.
God Bless Reformation America
(PS -- sorry about Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, and Yamamoto -- but it's been that way for you guys for the past 500 years, so get used to it. Horahhhhh.)
RCC superiority So Busted Says:
"there will always be cancer there will always be evil..."
So what, there will always be air to breath too. I was talking about an actual organization. The CC is the longest continued one on the planet. It will be here on Earth until Christ comes back.

"The USA was your enemy in 1776 and It is today"

Dang right it is. As much as I love my country, it is no friend of the RCC. But that's ok, even my beloved America will fade away into history and the Church will still be there.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you shine the light of day on him!
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ah, and so he deflected that light. A move, but not an original one, nor unexpected. An answer to the question will never be forthcoming. Also predictable.

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
It just gets better and better:
~~~~~~~~~~
Thus, as a Catholic, I do not normally sense in some tabloid atheist the presence of a supreme discerning intellect. I simply place him or her in much the same pitiable bin of intellectual vulgarians as the chartered accountant who cannot see the art in Picasso, the redneck who cannot admit of indigenous culture, and the pissant who cannot see the difference between Yeats and Bob Ellis.
It is not deep perception we encounter here, but a critical failure of imaginative capacity. It is a bit like the old joke: how many atheists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None - no matter what they do, they just can't see the light.
The second wearying thing about the new atheism is that it is not new at all. It is so banally derivative of every piece of hate mail ever sent to God that I am amazed Satan has yet to sue for copyright infringement. No old chestnut is too ripe, rotten or sodden, especially when it comes to the Catholics as accredited suppliers of what apparently is the Christian equivalent of methamphetamine.
In an average week of atheistic bigotry in the Melbourne/American media, we can expect to learn that Catholics endorse child molestation, hate all other religions, would re-introduce the crusades and the auto de fe at the slightest opportunity, despise women, wish to persecute homosexuals, greedily divert public moneys for their own religious purposes, subvert public health care, brainwash children, and are masterminding the spread of the cane toad across northern Australia.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul...
LOL, now it's a conspiracy of the "Melbourne/American media."

I haven't seen that excuse before. Thank you.

I thought it was the children enticing the naive Priests. Or the Irish media, or the German media, or the Belgium media. Or perhaps secular society in general.

OMG!!! Who knew there was some kind of Australian/American media conspiracy?

Please keep posting these bizarre Catholic conspiracy theories. They are amusing -- God's gift to comedy clubs worldwide!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahgahhaha hahahahhahaaa

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, there will always be air to breath too. I was talking about an actual organization. The CC is the longest continued one on the planet. It will be here on Earth until Christ comes back.
Dang right it is. As much as I love my country, it is no friend of the RCC. But that's ok, even my beloved America will fade away into history and the Church will still be there.
Your "beloved" USA will fade away? You seem delighted.

Walk your talk friend! Why bother to wait for the USA to be destroyed?

Go live in a wonderful RCC society now and enjoy the fruits of your beliefs. I suggest Mexico City -- the largest collection of Catholics on earth. Go and enjoy.

PS - Judaism is much older. Hinduism has been around longer. Islam came only a few hundred years after the RCC. But yes, sucking up to dictators does have its benefits.

Like Jesus wanted the RCC to be Mussolini's lapdog! LMAO!!!

I wouldn't be so proud of that, but hey. The USA will disappear one day and you will always have memories of Mussolini :o)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

<quoted text>
I printed and sent this article to my Congressmen, requesting that they look into the duel church-state status of the RCC and should the USA continue to recognize Mussolini's 1929 set-up.
http://www.economist.com/node/21560536
It states both positives and negatives. However....
"JPMorgan Chase recently closed the Vatican Bank’s accounts under pressure from the US Treasury."
Shed the legacy of Mussolini. The RCC would be much better off as a Church and not a state.
Anything is 10,000% better than your denial.
Imagine -- Jesus smiling on a church that owns a bank. I guess no one in the RCC thought that Jesus last act on earth as a free man had any meaning. LMAO!
You sent and article to your congressman.

Ok, I admit it. Although we do claim to be better at helping the poor and needy than being successful CPAs, it looks like we're a lot better at giving money away (in the form of charitable work and abuse settlements) than we are at managing it.

I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you shine the light of day on him!
He's a talker, not a walker.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

<quoted text>
LOL, now it's a conspiracy of the "Melbourne/American media."
I haven't seen that excuse before. Thank you.
I thought it was the children enticing the naive Priests. Or the Irish media, or the German media, or the Belgium media. Or perhaps secular society in general.
OMG!!! Who knew there was some kind of Australian/American media conspiracy?
Please keep posting these bizarre Catholic conspiracy theories. They are amusing -- God's gift to comedy clubs worldwide!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahahgahhaha hahahahhahaaa
Wetting your pants again, I see. Glad to see it rattled you.

We're all breathlessly awaiting your response to Anthony's question:

"Where do you stand with them other than on this discussion board?"

Instead you gave us an opinion fluff piece fron a British, uh, "newspaper". Who's hahahaha'ing now?

We'll wait, thanks.

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Clay, thank you for your honesty.

I wrote - "The USA was your enemy in 1776 and It is today"

Clay replied -- "Dang right it is."

Again, thank you Clay. If only all Catholics were so honest. Pity almost none of the back-stabbers will walk their talk.

Sigh..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••