Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590799 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419931 Feb 4, 2013
It just gets better and better:

~~~~~~~~~~

Thus, as a Catholic, I do not normally sense in some tabloid atheist the presence of a supreme discerning intellect. I simply place him or her in much the same pitiable bin of intellectual vulgarians as the chartered accountant who cannot see the art in Picasso, the redneck who cannot admit of indigenous culture, and the pissant who cannot see the difference between Yeats and Bob Ellis.

It is not deep perception we encounter here, but a critical failure of imaginative capacity. It is a bit like the old joke: how many atheists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None - no matter what they do, they just can't see the light.

The second wearying thing about the new atheism is that it is not new at all. It is so banally derivative of every piece of hate mail ever sent to God that I am amazed Satan has yet to sue for copyright infringement. No old chestnut is too ripe, rotten or sodden, especially when it comes to the Catholics as accredited suppliers of what apparently is the Christian equivalent of methamphetamine.

In an average week of atheistic bigotry in the Melbourne/American media, we can expect to learn that Catholics endorse child molestation, hate all other religions, would re-introduce the crusades and the auto de fe at the slightest opportunity, despise women, wish to persecute homosexuals, greedily divert public moneys for their own religious purposes, subvert public health care, brainwash children, and are masterminding the spread of the cane toad across northern Australia.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul...
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419932 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you stand with them other than on this discussion board?
I printed and sent this article to my Congressmen, requesting that they look into the duel church-state status of the RCC and should the USA continue to recognize Mussolini's 1929 set-up.

http://www.economist.com/node/21560536

It states both positives and negatives. However....

"JPMorgan Chase recently closed the Vatican Bank’s accounts under pressure from the US Treasury."

Shed the legacy of Mussolini. The RCC would be much better off as a Church and not a state.

Anything is 10,000% better than your denial.

Imagine -- Jesus smiling on a church that owns a bank. I guess no one in the RCC thought that Jesus last act on earth as a free man had any meaning. LMAO!
Clay

United States

#419933 Feb 4, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be cancer.
There will always be evil.
Thanks to benefactors like Mussolini, there will always be a collection of perverts known as the Roman Catholic Church -- the lapdog of totalitarians and dictators.
Never forget. The USA was your enemy in 1776 and it is today.
God Bless Reformation America
(PS -- sorry about Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, and Yamamoto -- but it's been that way for you guys for the past 500 years, so get used to it. Horahhhhh.)
RCC superiority So Busted Says:
"there will always be cancer there will always be evil..."
So what, there will always be air to breath too. I was talking about an actual organization. The CC is the longest continued one on the planet. It will be here on Earth until Christ comes back.

"The USA was your enemy in 1776 and It is today"

Dang right it is. As much as I love my country, it is no friend of the RCC. But that's ok, even my beloved America will fade away into history and the Church will still be there.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419934 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you shine the light of day on him!
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419935 Feb 4, 2013
Ah, and so he deflected that light. A move, but not an original one, nor unexpected. An answer to the question will never be forthcoming. Also predictable.

Melbourne, FL

#419936 Feb 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
It just gets better and better:
~~~~~~~~~~
Thus, as a Catholic, I do not normally sense in some tabloid atheist the presence of a supreme discerning intellect. I simply place him or her in much the same pitiable bin of intellectual vulgarians as the chartered accountant who cannot see the art in Picasso, the redneck who cannot admit of indigenous culture, and the pissant who cannot see the difference between Yeats and Bob Ellis.
It is not deep perception we encounter here, but a critical failure of imaginative capacity. It is a bit like the old joke: how many atheists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None - no matter what they do, they just can't see the light.
The second wearying thing about the new atheism is that it is not new at all. It is so banally derivative of every piece of hate mail ever sent to God that I am amazed Satan has yet to sue for copyright infringement. No old chestnut is too ripe, rotten or sodden, especially when it comes to the Catholics as accredited suppliers of what apparently is the Christian equivalent of methamphetamine.
In an average week of atheistic bigotry in the Melbourne/American media, we can expect to learn that Catholics endorse child molestation, hate all other religions, would re-introduce the crusades and the auto de fe at the slightest opportunity, despise women, wish to persecute homosexuals, greedily divert public moneys for their own religious purposes, subvert public health care, brainwash children, and are masterminding the spread of the cane toad across northern Australia.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul...
LOL, now it's a conspiracy of the "Melbourne/American media."

I haven't seen that excuse before. Thank you.

I thought it was the children enticing the naive Priests. Or the Irish media, or the German media, or the Belgium media. Or perhaps secular society in general.

OMG!!! Who knew there was some kind of Australian/American media conspiracy?

Please keep posting these bizarre Catholic conspiracy theories. They are amusing -- God's gift to comedy clubs worldwide!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahgahhaha hahahahhahaaa

Melbourne, FL

#419937 Feb 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, there will always be air to breath too. I was talking about an actual organization. The CC is the longest continued one on the planet. It will be here on Earth until Christ comes back.
Dang right it is. As much as I love my country, it is no friend of the RCC. But that's ok, even my beloved America will fade away into history and the Church will still be there.
Your "beloved" USA will fade away? You seem delighted.

Walk your talk friend! Why bother to wait for the USA to be destroyed?

Go live in a wonderful RCC society now and enjoy the fruits of your beliefs. I suggest Mexico City -- the largest collection of Catholics on earth. Go and enjoy.

PS - Judaism is much older. Hinduism has been around longer. Islam came only a few hundred years after the RCC. But yes, sucking up to dictators does have its benefits.

Like Jesus wanted the RCC to be Mussolini's lapdog! LMAO!!!

I wouldn't be so proud of that, but hey. The USA will disappear one day and you will always have memories of Mussolini :o)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419938 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I printed and sent this article to my Congressmen, requesting that they look into the duel church-state status of the RCC and should the USA continue to recognize Mussolini's 1929 set-up.
http://www.economist.com/node/21560536
It states both positives and negatives. However....
"JPMorgan Chase recently closed the Vatican Bank’s accounts under pressure from the US Treasury."
Shed the legacy of Mussolini. The RCC would be much better off as a Church and not a state.
Anything is 10,000% better than your denial.
Imagine -- Jesus smiling on a church that owns a bank. I guess no one in the RCC thought that Jesus last act on earth as a free man had any meaning. LMAO!
You sent and article to your congressman.

Ok, I admit it. Although we do claim to be better at helping the poor and needy than being successful CPAs, it looks like we're a lot better at giving money away (in the form of charitable work and abuse settlements) than we are at managing it.

I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419939 Feb 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you shine the light of day on him!
He's a talker, not a walker.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419940 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL, now it's a conspiracy of the "Melbourne/American media."
I haven't seen that excuse before. Thank you.
I thought it was the children enticing the naive Priests. Or the Irish media, or the German media, or the Belgium media. Or perhaps secular society in general.
OMG!!! Who knew there was some kind of Australian/American media conspiracy?
Please keep posting these bizarre Catholic conspiracy theories. They are amusing -- God's gift to comedy clubs worldwide!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahahgahhaha hahahahhahaaa
Wetting your pants again, I see. Glad to see it rattled you.

We're all breathlessly awaiting your response to Anthony's question:

"Where do you stand with them other than on this discussion board?"

Instead you gave us an opinion fluff piece fron a British, uh, "newspaper". Who's hahahaha'ing now?

We'll wait, thanks.

Melbourne, FL

#419941 Feb 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Clay, thank you for your honesty.

I wrote - "The USA was your enemy in 1776 and It is today"

Clay replied -- "Dang right it is."

Again, thank you Clay. If only all Catholics were so honest. Pity almost none of the back-stabbers will walk their talk.

Sigh..........
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419942 Feb 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is not God, silly. But it IS The Church Christ started. It does have the authority from God to teach infallibly on faith and morals. It IS the administrator of His Holy Sacraments and those graces are from God and God only.
Nothing will ever bring down this Church. Its literally impossible. It will be here when your great grand kids are long gone. No other organization on the planet has existed as long as the RCC.
I laugh at the thought of you and mike waking up screaming in the middle of the night at this reality. You're probably in the same bed too.
Clay says........

....The Catholic Church is not God, But it IS The Church Christ started.

Michael says......No one named Jesus Christ ever saw a catholic church and never walked into the front doors and sat down at any catholic church.

No one named Jesus Christ ever heard of the sabbath being called Sunday.

No one named Jesus Christ from 2,000 years ago, ever heard of the rosary.

No one named Jesus Christ who had many siblings, would call his mother an ever virgin.

Is the roman catholic church really about a god man named Jesus, or is the catholic church really an organization about men and their agendas?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419943 Feb 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where she and his siblings were in the Beginning, on the outside looking in. and she and them remained that way until after His death. even the Prostitute sinner was smarter than Mary, as well as the woman at the well. they were sinners, and acknowledged Him as their Savior, it took Mary even longer, and His siblings even longer as they mocked Him[john 7:2-5]. thankfully,in His mercy and His Grace, they also came to the only Conclusion that a Person can make(a fool says otherwise). He is who He said that He was, He is God.the Son of the Living God.
preston

Ignorance of the scriptures is ignorance of Christ.(St Jerome)

And this set of imaginations in your mind about scriptures has bothered me, since when I first read it....

First the brethren of Jesus did not mock him. At best they were dissappointed that he did not go into Jerusalem and establish his Kingship as they desired, so they could claim some part....

Secondly there is no Prostitute sinner in the N.T.....So that automatically makes no Prostitue sinner that was smarter than the Blessed Virgin Mary in the N.T. Just another vain imagaination of your mind concerning scripture....

Thirdly, your imagnination concerning that it took Mary longer to acknowledge Jesus as her Saviour than various others, and remained outside....This to me is the most bizarre imagination,(other than Jesus not being an ontological man of the human race), that I have ever heard!(Luke 1:45 counters this explicitly, in that Elisabeth by the Holy Spirit acknowledges Mary in believing.....not only, in the miracle of the Virgin birth, but in whom Jesus is, the Messiah, and thus the Savior.) Even non-Catholic commentaries acknowledge this....

Its time for you to get born-again. Forget all this vain imagination you have on what you believe and think the Bible is, and your dreams....Ye must be born again....
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#419944 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how he just jumped past wiegels statement:"That hard fact does not in any way excuse clerical sexual predation; nor do the facts about this plague absolve bishops who were malfeasant in their responsibilities as shepherds, or who trusted to psychology more than moral theology in making their decisions. But the facts—and the selective way they are dealt with in too much of the mainstream media—do suggest that the story line declaring the Catholic Church a uniquely perverse institution is a lie; those who perpetrate it are either ignorant bigots, or people with agendas other than the protection of young people, or both."

I think every single school district in the nation has at least one perpetrator. At least one," says Mary Jo McGrath, a California lawyer who has spent 30 years investigating abuse and misconduct in schools. "It doesn't matter if it's urban or rural or suburban."

, the perpetrators that the AP found are everyday educators _ teachers, school psychologists, principals and superintendents among them

For one, many Americans deny the problem, and even treat the abuse with misplaced fascination.

It's dealt with in a salacious manner with late-night comedians

"In other cases, it's reported as if this is some deviant who crawled into the school district _'and now that they're gone, everything's OK.' But it's much more prevalent than people would think."

In case after case the AP examined, accusations of inappropriate behavior were dismissed.

Teachers, administrators and even parents frequently don't, or won't, recognize the signs that a crime is taking place.

Arthur Sensor, the former superintendent in Oelwein, Iowa, who vividly recalls pressuring Lindsey to quit on Feb. 18, 1964, regrets that he didn't do more to stop him back then.

Now, he says, he'd call the police.

"He promised me he wouldn't do it again _ that he had learned. And he was a young man, a beginning teacher, had a young wife, a young child," Sensor, now 86 years old, said during testimony at the Bramows' civil trial.

"I wanted to believe him, and I did."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Melbourne, FL

#419945 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I admit it. Although we do claim to be better at helping the poor and needy than being successful CPAs, it looks like we're a lot better at giving money away (in the form of charitable work and abuse settlements) than we are at managing it.
I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?
That was a balanced article that I thought would interest you as well.

So who is asking the RCC to close up shop?

I only asked why the RCC should be treated as both a church and a state?

I have been consistent here.

1... The status of statehood -- bestowed by Mussolini in 1929 -- has done much to corrupt the church.

2.. God would never have approved. If this were some sort of uniquely guided church, it would not be blinded to this fact.

The fact that you and the RCC are so blind tells us all one thing.

BUSTED.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419946 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.....

....... Although we do claim to be better at helping the poor and needy.

Michael says.......47.000, 80 year old frail nuns, help the poor and needy every day in the trenches, yet your woman hater church leaders who aren't in the trenches, call the nuns radical feminists because the church wants the nuns to talk more about gay issues and abortions than helping the poor and needy.

UNIONS across america donate billions every year to thousands of charities, and do not gloat about what they do.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419948 Feb 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.....

....I wonder how your congressman would respond if you asked him see to it that every Catholic charitable organization, school, hospital, etc. in this country closed up shop?

Michael says..

......you are saying that if there were no catholic church charities, you wouldn't donate money to the hospitals or other charities on your own? UNBELIEVABLE!

UNBELIEVABLE!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419949 Feb 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a blowhard! Thanks for sending all that hot air down here, it's melting the snow!!
http://www.catholicmemes.com/atheism/talks-ab...
And thank you for reading my posts!!
What's a Blowhard Peanut ? I have heard of blowing a smoke screen and not knowing the color of your socks..........lol

Melbourne, FL

#419950 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how he just jumped past wiegels statement:"That hard fact does not in any way excuse clerical sexual predation; nor do the facts about this plague absolve bishops who were malfeasant in their responsibilities as shepherds, or who trusted to psychology more than moral theology in making their decisions. But the facts—and the selective way they are dealt with in too much of the mainstream media—do suggest that the story line declaring the Catholic Church a uniquely perverse institution is a lie; those who perpetrate it are either ignorant bigots, or people with agendas other than the protection of young people, or both."
I think every single school district in the nation has at least one perpetrator. At least one," says Mary Jo McGrath, a California lawyer who has spent 30 years investigating abuse and misconduct in schools. "It doesn't matter if it's urban or rural or suburban."
, the perpetrators that the AP found are everyday educators _ teachers, school psychologists, principals and superintendents among them
For one, many Americans deny the problem, and even treat the abuse with misplaced fascination.
It's dealt with in a salacious manner with late-night comedians
"In other cases, it's reported as if this is some deviant who crawled into the school district _'and now that they're gone, everything's OK.' But it's much more prevalent than people would think."
In case after case the AP examined, accusations of inappropriate behavior were dismissed.
Teachers, administrators and even parents frequently don't, or won't, recognize the signs that a crime is taking place.
Arthur Sensor, the former superintendent in Oelwein, Iowa, who vividly recalls pressuring Lindsey to quit on Feb. 18, 1964, regrets that he didn't do more to stop him back then.
Now, he says, he'd call the police.
"He promised me he wouldn't do it again _ that he had learned. And he was a young man, a beginning teacher, had a young wife, a young child," Sensor, now 86 years old, said during testimony at the Bramows' civil trial.
"I wanted to believe him, and I did."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
More BS.

Please show us where anyone claims that the Catholic Church is a "uniquely perverse institution?"

DUH!!! Your church stands on a pedestal and puts down all others as "untrue." That's like a devoted Communist still claiming that Communism works.

Like a devout Communist, you are arguing against all reality.

Thus, you have no choice but to make up lies -- and then answer those lies. It avoids reality nicely, but you still sound foolish.

Don't believe me. Believe the millions spent on a Super Bowl ad -- the Joe Montana ketchup stain.

It's so absurd, the RCC has become a worldwide joke. That's reality!!!

Hello??? The RCC is making a joke of Jesus and you are a robotic part of the process.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419951 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
There will always be cancer.
There will always be evil.
Thanks to benefactors like Mussolini, there will always be a collection of perverts known as the Roman Catholic Church -- the lapdog of totalitarians and dictators.
Never forget. The USA was your enemy in 1776 and it is today.
God Bless Reformation America
(PS -- sorry about Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, and Yamamoto -- but it's been that way for you guys for the past 500 years, so get used to it. Horahhhhh.)
Religious people beam/pray BILLIONS of prayers to God everyday, and everyday cancer, heart disease, car accidents, and evil will remain the same.

People pray MOSTLY on sundays. Gods day off. That is not very nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) 1 hr KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 9 hr pazuzu 65
Memeber 15 hr desm 1
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Thu Salvation is of t... 6
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' Thu ELIAS IBARRA 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Mr Sir 9,403
More from around the web