Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,601 - 404,620 of 533,195 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Marge. I was away from the site for a wjile. I'm doing great. How have you been yourself?
Why were you away?

Doing great just because of HIM of course, did you know i'm almost always surrounded by my family and friends and all are born-again in Him? Yeah I'm blessed, All glory to Him:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were you away?
Doing great just because of HIM of course, did you know i'm almost always surrounded by my family and friends and all are born-again in Him? Yeah I'm blessed, All glory to Him:)
Lets just say that Satan was trying to sift my life. I had surgery among some other trials and tribulations I was enduring. But as always God brought me through. My trials made me stronger spiritually as they always do for anyone that goes through trials and tribulations.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lets just say that Satan was trying to sift my life. I had surgery among some other trials and tribulations I was enduring. But as always God brought me through. My trials made me stronger spiritually as they always do for anyone that goes through trials and tribulations.
Surgery wow I could not handle that i think of it as evil and pray always he keeps evil away from us, very thankful you are stronger in Him for it though.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Surgery wow I could not handle that i think of it as evil and pray always he keeps evil away from us, very thankful you are stronger in Him for it though.
Well I don't look at it as being evil because after all Luke was a medical doctor in the scriptures and the Apostle Paul even had an affliction which we think was most likely his eyesight. We think it was allowed by God to keep him humble because Paul had been allowed to witness things in heaven that no other human in the flesh was allowed to see.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

don't listen sick man

are you for sure paul can heal sick man

or Jesus Christ..
i wish you all the best personaly..
oh maybe jesus walking between us.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Christ everywhere in the Bible always referred to God as Father except in only one passage in the NT where He referred to Him as God when He was dying on the cross and even then Christ was merely fulfilling prophecy ( Psalms 22). Yet though Christ always called God Father He NEVER called Mary mother. Speaks volumes to those that have SPIRITUAL EARS TO HEAR.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think your question was that good. They probably don't wanna bother with it.
It would be wholly irresponsible to dismiss 2,000 yrs of Catholicism and its wonderful sacraments because something terrible like that happened to your child. Could anybody be so ignorant to think the Church itself did it?
Personally, if my kid was molested by a priest, i would need to find my inner strength to not find him and give him the worse ass kicking he could imagine.
I would never walk away from my Catholic faith because an evil Priest did that to me or my kid. I know people do, and that's unfortunate. Because, where you going to go? Pedophiles are everywhere today. There are less in the CC than other religions and public institutions. How many incidents last year? 7 or 8? How many in the school system? 100 or 200?(I don't know the real answer to either of those. Just guessing)
Well, it looks like the child sexual abuse fanatics (mike and free brain) will have the floor today to salivate over their favorite subject!
I'm going to watch the pre game program.
they just don't want to answer it,scared of the church,the churches best weapon today is if you do not follow it's teachings your destined for hell,and they believe that,plus how could they retreat from all the nice things they post about the church,"Could anybody be so ignorant to think the Church itself did it?" what do you mean by this? a church is just a building harmless unless it falls on you,it's the people inside that are the cause of the problem,and that goes for any organization.clay: Pedophiles are everywhere today. There are less in the CC than other religions and public institutions. How many incidents last year? 7 or 8? How many in the school system? 100 or 200?(I don't know the real answer to either of those. Just guessing)JETHRO,there are fewer pedophiles than any other religion? how did you come to that conclussion? because the number of priests is dropping like a rock? since the church will not reveal the truth it's a question that can not be answered,not unless they take away benny's immunity and supeona him to find out the whole truth,but you know as well as i and everyone else in the world that will never happen.as far as where you can go if you leave the church,you don't have to go anywhere except into your living room,the dining room would be better,and you can read from the bible to your family,you don't need an organized group,all you need is the book,and if questions come up,google an answer,like i've said in past posts people are walking away from organized religous groups and forming what is called bible study groups,a few people i work with belong to one and they love it,everyone takes a turn reading,they all bring something to eat or drink and read an answer questions that come up,and like i said if a puzzling question is asked they google it,to try and find an answer that makes sense to them,unfortunately thanks to constantine and his merry men burned books,which "THEY" felt were not biblical,never should of happened they had no right to do so,there education was limited,since they discouraged the learning of science,and did not promote the reading of the bible to the churches forced followers,continued.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think your question was that good. They probably don't wanna bother with it.
It would be wholly irresponsible to dismiss 2,000 yrs of Catholicism and its wonderful sacraments because something terrible like that happened to your child. Could anybody be so ignorant to think the Church itself did it?
Personally, if my kid was molested by a priest, i would need to find my inner strength to not find him and give him the worse ass kicking he could imagine.
I would never walk away from my Catholic faith because an evil Priest did that to me or my kid. I know people do, and that's unfortunate. Because, where you going to go? Pedophiles are everywhere today. There are less in the CC than other religions and public institutions. How many incidents last year? 7 or 8? How many in the school system? 100 or 200?(I don't know the real answer to either of those. Just guessing)
Well, it looks like the child sexual abuse fanatics (mike and free brain) will have the floor today to salivate over their favorite subject!
I'm going to watch the pre game program.
"the churches forced followers" this is an undeniable truth,the church would not be what it is today if they didn't use despicable tatics to get people to come to their church and feed them a bunch of man made traditions,does the church really need to use all the flashyness and threats if it is the true church? i wouldn't think so,as stated in the past, if god is out there you would know it in your heart and soul,you wouldn't have to be told he exists..........did you watch the whole game? was a good one right down to the end.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Klink wrote:
<quoted text>
While that may be true the problem is Catholic.
The Catholic Church legalized abortion in the USA to reduce numbers of non-Catholics to turn the USA into yet another Latin-American state.
The Catholic politicians such as Nancy Pelosi, Leon Panetta and Joe Biden -- are all pro abortion making law that most who are non-Catholic then kill their children.
However if you look at the numbers you will find many catholic girls are also aborting children. The point is, like all the other problems the USA suffers, abortion as well comes from Rome!
Sorry to disappoint you but "none" of those democratic (liberal) politicians represent, follow and adhere to the TRUE Teaching Doctrine of the Catholic Church. They call themselves Catholic "by name only" giving themselves a "label" for (political purposes only). ANYONE can call themselves Catholic, Christian, follower of Christ, Apostole, Disciple or whatever "sounds good" however, Jesus said, "many will say Lord, Lord, but unless you obey and do the will of my Father, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Instead, I will say to you "I never knew you"! Depart from me you wretched"!!!
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

marge wrote:
QUOTE from TONY17, hey how have you been?
In other words ever since it's inception the RCC has tried UNSUCCESSFULLY to usurp the Church that Christ established and they never will succeed for it is as Christ stated when He established His church...THE VERY GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH THAT HE STARTED. The RCC shall utterly fail in their efforts to usurp the House that Christ built.]]]]]]]
Amen
We just need to keep tellin em like it is:)
What happened after the so called "inception of the RCC?
Well, here is one thing that happened: They held council and determined what would be in the Christian Bible. Do you comprehend that Marge?

The Church was the same group in 33 AD as in 400 AD.... No matter what they called themselves.
So, you conspiracy Christians will not acknowledge one simple truth. That is, you think the Church that Jesus Christ started, corrupted His teachings. Constantine infiltrated the Christs Church and combined Paganism with it. They preached to the world the wrong gospel for 1,600 yrs!

Is that faith? No, that's stupidity.
You're fortunate that God, in His infinite love, still blesses you with graces when you close your eyes and pray. I would not want to be one of your leaders who've knowingly led y'all wrong. They can plead ignorant for only so long.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> "the churches forced followers" this is an undeniable truth,the church would not be what it is today if they didn't use despicable tatics to get people to come to their church and feed them a bunch of man made traditions,does the church really need to use all the flashyness and threats if it is the true church? i wouldn't think so,as stated in the past, if god is out there you would know it in your heart and soul,you wouldn't have to be told he exists..........did you watch the whole game? was a good one right down to the end.
Everyone who is Catholic is free to leave anytime. Especially in this era where there are so many options in Protestant land. Heck, if you can't find one that fits, just grab a Bible; ordain yourself minister and open up a 'church' in the basement of a hardware store in town! Some have done that and became very successful. They made a whole career out of it and retired!
The Church ain't holding us hostage. They will stand up and keep proclaiming the truth even if all but 10 walks out the door. Truth is truth and can not be compromised.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> "the churches forced followers" this is an undeniable truth,the church would not be what it is today if they didn't use despicable tatics to get people to come to their church and feed them a bunch of man made traditions,does the church really need to use all the flashyness and threats if it is the true church? i wouldn't think so,as stated in the past, if god is out there you would know it in your heart and soul,you wouldn't have to be told he exists..........did you watch the whole game? was a good one right down to the end.
Oh yeah, that was a Heck of a game. I tried to get everyone to bet me. I knew the ravens would win.
I don't care much for the San Fran coach, he doesn't have much class.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do whatever he tells you."
Uh, huh, yeah, that's definitely satan leading people astray.
~~~
Practice what you teach/preach

Jesus did not tell you to worship His Mother...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

booth feet
o universal pain
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "truth" as you call it Michael, is exaggerated. overstated and squewed to fit your anti-catholic hate and hostility,(an addiction) that has you in bondage, an (addiction) you "just can't seem to let go of"...... Do "really think" that there is one Catholic (on this forum) that really believes the "crap (trashy) sources" that are nothing but "worthless" National Inquirer (type) news----The only people that are "buying into the "meaningless" news sources that you "dig up" are those anti-catholics that have the same "psychopathological" problems that you have.
If you don't like the "meaningless news sources," it would be useful to post links to sources you consider "meaningful" and links that actually work.

So far, I don't recall a link you posted that did work.

Typical anti-American catholic-in-denial.

But really? What's wrong with giving factual information? Does your faith really require so many lies? Surely you can find something other than biased opinion, right?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Thank God I'm Catholic!!
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
The Church, however, must always hold itself to a stricter standard. That is why the failure to make a full public accounting of the depredations of Father Marcial Maciel, founder of the Legionaries of Christ, is a grave mistake on the part of both the Legion and the Holy See—as is the failure of both the Legion and the Vatican to ask a very hard question: Is the community Maciel founded, and manipulated to facilitate his crimes, a work of God? No one can or should doubt that individual Legionary vocations to the priesthood are gifts of God; the fruits of those vocations testify to their authenticity. But the Legion itself? Surely a religious community, and the Holy See, should be more self-critical and transparent than the BBC.
George Weigel is Distinguished Senior Fellow of the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, D.C. His previous “On the Square” articles can be found here.
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2012/1...
A dust writes -- "The Church, however, must always hold itself to a stricter standard."

How refreshing! Most RCC catholics here say just the opposite.

These catholics demand a Jesus who has no standards for His "only" church.

It's tragic how these catholics make Jesus out to be a buffoon and use Mary like a pimp uses his hoos (read fraudulent 2nd Secret of Fatima).
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Amen to that. I would hope nobody would worship the Mother of Our Lord!!
Here is what else Jesus said: "Do not give false testimony" Matthew 19:18
How is your wife Confrint? I hope all is well..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its interesting that no known Christian group, prior to the 19th century, believed Mary had other children. None of the Protestant reformers believed it. No Orthodox believed it.
But the Born Agains decided she did. It seems they could not comprehend the Bible and decided to view it thru a 19th century mindset. They saw 'brothers and sisters' in the Bible and said "duh, it says right there that Mary had other children, how could everyone miss that for 1900 yrs?"
You prove that sola scripture and private interpretations of it are a complete disaster.
~~~

Those that a BORN AGAIN...have the intelligence that (that Jesus said) would come from the Holy Ghost...

You secular ritualistic Constantinans do not have the leadership of the Holy Ghost...

Jesus said to the BORN AGAIN Christian,(those that follow Christ)

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

THE WORLD ..THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL ....(WHERE YOU EVIDENTLY GET YOUR INFORMATION) DOES NOT HAVE THE INPUT THAT JESUS SPOKE ABOUT HERE.

THE WORLD ..THE FLESH... AND THE DEVIL ...ONLY HAVE INFORMATION..

GOD GIVE KNOWLEDGE...TO HIS SONS..

AND WE ARE (THE BORN OF THE SPIRIT) SONS...OF GOD...

Jesus said

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

___

As for being sons of God...

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 ==> But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:<--

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

it is a shame that you choose not to be RE-BIRTHED into the SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD...

IT IS TO YOUR OWN ETERNAL DETRIMENT THAT YOU REFUSE TO BE.

YOU HAVE THE CAME OPTION TO OBEY THE TRUTH.... AS EVERY ONE ELSE.

IF YOU MAKE YOUR BED IN HELL YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE TRUTH...AND THEREFORE YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 6 hr Tamules r TERRORISTS 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Hebrewsunite 8,183
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••