Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,421
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
endtime

AOL

#419891 Feb 4, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST______

Clay

United States

#419892 Feb 4, 2013
marge wrote:
QUOTE from TONY17, hey how have you been?
In other words ever since it's inception the RCC has tried UNSUCCESSFULLY to usurp the Church that Christ established and they never will succeed for it is as Christ stated when He established His church...THE VERY GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH THAT HE STARTED. The RCC shall utterly fail in their efforts to usurp the House that Christ built.]]]]]]]
Amen
We just need to keep tellin em like it is:)
What happened after the so called "inception of the RCC?
Well, here is one thing that happened: They held council and determined what would be in the Christian Bible. Do you comprehend that Marge?

The Church was the same group in 33 AD as in 400 AD.... No matter what they called themselves.
So, you conspiracy Christians will not acknowledge one simple truth. That is, you think the Church that Jesus Christ started, corrupted His teachings. Constantine infiltrated the Christs Church and combined Paganism with it. They preached to the world the wrong gospel for 1,600 yrs!

Is that faith? No, that's stupidity.
You're fortunate that God, in His infinite love, still blesses you with graces when you close your eyes and pray. I would not want to be one of your leaders who've knowingly led y'all wrong. They can plead ignorant for only so long.
Clay

United States

#419893 Feb 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> "the churches forced followers" this is an undeniable truth,the church would not be what it is today if they didn't use despicable tatics to get people to come to their church and feed them a bunch of man made traditions,does the church really need to use all the flashyness and threats if it is the true church? i wouldn't think so,as stated in the past, if god is out there you would know it in your heart and soul,you wouldn't have to be told he exists..........did you watch the whole game? was a good one right down to the end.
Everyone who is Catholic is free to leave anytime. Especially in this era where there are so many options in Protestant land. Heck, if you can't find one that fits, just grab a Bible; ordain yourself minister and open up a 'church' in the basement of a hardware store in town! Some have done that and became very successful. They made a whole career out of it and retired!
The Church ain't holding us hostage. They will stand up and keep proclaiming the truth even if all but 10 walks out the door. Truth is truth and can not be compromised.
Clay

United States

#419894 Feb 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> "the churches forced followers" this is an undeniable truth,the church would not be what it is today if they didn't use despicable tatics to get people to come to their church and feed them a bunch of man made traditions,does the church really need to use all the flashyness and threats if it is the true church? i wouldn't think so,as stated in the past, if god is out there you would know it in your heart and soul,you wouldn't have to be told he exists..........did you watch the whole game? was a good one right down to the end.
Oh yeah, that was a Heck of a game. I tried to get everyone to bet me. I knew the ravens would win.
I don't care much for the San Fran coach, he doesn't have much class.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#419895 Feb 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do whatever he tells you."
Uh, huh, yeah, that's definitely satan leading people astray.
~~~
Practice what you teach/preach

Jesus did not tell you to worship His Mother...
truth

Perth, Australia

#419896 Feb 4, 2013
booth feet
o universal pain
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419897 Feb 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "truth" as you call it Michael, is exaggerated. overstated and squewed to fit your anti-catholic hate and hostility,(an addiction) that has you in bondage, an (addiction) you "just can't seem to let go of"...... Do "really think" that there is one Catholic (on this forum) that really believes the "crap (trashy) sources" that are nothing but "worthless" National Inquirer (type) news----The only people that are "buying into the "meaningless" news sources that you "dig up" are those anti-catholics that have the same "psychopathological" problems that you have.
If you don't like the "meaningless news sources," it would be useful to post links to sources you consider "meaningful" and links that actually work.

So far, I don't recall a link you posted that did work.

Typical anti-American catholic-in-denial.

But really? What's wrong with giving factual information? Does your faith really require so many lies? Surely you can find something other than biased opinion, right?
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419898 Feb 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Thank God I'm Catholic!!

Melbourne, FL

#419899 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
The Church, however, must always hold itself to a stricter standard. That is why the failure to make a full public accounting of the depredations of Father Marcial Maciel, founder of the Legionaries of Christ, is a grave mistake on the part of both the Legion and the Holy See—as is the failure of both the Legion and the Vatican to ask a very hard question: Is the community Maciel founded, and manipulated to facilitate his crimes, a work of God? No one can or should doubt that individual Legionary vocations to the priesthood are gifts of God; the fruits of those vocations testify to their authenticity. But the Legion itself? Surely a religious community, and the Holy See, should be more self-critical and transparent than the BBC.
George Weigel is Distinguished Senior Fellow of the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, D.C. His previous “On the Square” articles can be found here.
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2012/1...
A dust writes -- "The Church, however, must always hold itself to a stricter standard."

How refreshing! Most RCC catholics here say just the opposite.

These catholics demand a Jesus who has no standards for His "only" church.

It's tragic how these catholics make Jesus out to be a buffoon and use Mary like a pimp uses his hoos (read fraudulent 2nd Secret of Fatima).
Clay

United States

#419900 Feb 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Amen to that. I would hope nobody would worship the Mother of Our Lord!!
Here is what else Jesus said: "Do not give false testimony" Matthew 19:18
How is your wife Confrint? I hope all is well..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#419901 Feb 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its interesting that no known Christian group, prior to the 19th century, believed Mary had other children. None of the Protestant reformers believed it. No Orthodox believed it.
But the Born Agains decided she did. It seems they could not comprehend the Bible and decided to view it thru a 19th century mindset. They saw 'brothers and sisters' in the Bible and said "duh, it says right there that Mary had other children, how could everyone miss that for 1900 yrs?"
You prove that sola scripture and private interpretations of it are a complete disaster.
~~~

Those that a BORN AGAIN...have the intelligence that (that Jesus said) would come from the Holy Ghost...

You secular ritualistic Constantinans do not have the leadership of the Holy Ghost...

Jesus said to the BORN AGAIN Christian,(those that follow Christ)

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

THE WORLD ..THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL ....(WHERE YOU EVIDENTLY GET YOUR INFORMATION) DOES NOT HAVE THE INPUT THAT JESUS SPOKE ABOUT HERE.

THE WORLD ..THE FLESH... AND THE DEVIL ...ONLY HAVE INFORMATION..

GOD GIVE KNOWLEDGE...TO HIS SONS..

AND WE ARE (THE BORN OF THE SPIRIT) SONS...OF GOD...

Jesus said

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

___

As for being sons of God...

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 ==> But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:<--

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

it is a shame that you choose not to be RE-BIRTHED into the SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD...

IT IS TO YOUR OWN ETERNAL DETRIMENT THAT YOU REFUSE TO BE.

YOU HAVE THE CAME OPTION TO OBEY THE TRUTH.... AS EVERY ONE ELSE.

IF YOU MAKE YOUR BED IN HELL YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE TRUTH...AND THEREFORE YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO IT.

Melbourne, FL

#419902 Feb 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Churh is the Church. The constant deflections are from you. There will always be people who fall away. There will always be people who sin. There will always be false teachers that arise and go out and become like you or raise trouble within. When the Church teaches that abuse is ok you let us know. Until then you are a noisy Gong and dismissed as an idiot long ago. No person of any intellect, discernment or love of God would take you seriously. However you are without a doubt the greatest gift any Catholic could have as to listen to you is to know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Church is the Catholic Church. Thank you!
The False Part time Apostle who chats with God and gets information after he googles it from wacko sources. lol Great disernment abilities. A Narcissist suffering from psychotic delusions who may have chatted with satan if not just a delusion who said that he has a job to do. Good stuff! You are a pathetic little weasel and a coward. The big brave wanna be man with a Napolean complex. The Great Presto whose biggest audience is a trailer full of hogs that can't escape. The Holiest of the Holy in the Holiness churches. The Infallible, the great, the unpredented speaker of our times. LTM with a self proclaimed IQ of over 142 another genius that got her score from a coloring book is about your speed. lol
Today, Report COGIC Abuse confirmed that the St James Holiness COGIC in Toledo, OH, now has the dubious distinction of having had 5 sexual offenders in its ministry ranks. St. James Church is also known as “The Armory”[website here]. The church is a part of the Ohio North Jurisdiction where Bishop Edward Cook presides
http://cogicabusewatch.wordpress.com/2012/06/...
No, OBVIOUSLY the church does not teach that abuse is OK.

However, the church does OBVIOUSLY teach that cover-up is OK.

The church does OBVIOUSLY teach that avoiding accountability is OK.

The church does OBVIOUSLY teach the world a new way in which the power of diplomatic immunity can be abused.

Sicko Catholics-in-denial keep rationalizing by confusing the act of abusing a helpless child with a well-organized decades-long, institutional COVER-UP.

Oops, I almost forgot. The Priests are all innocent. They were enticed by young children, the little sluts! The world gets it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Melbourne, FL

#419903 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholic clergy abuse files just from Los Angeles Diocese.
Over 192 priests and bishops that we know of, not counting ones that catholics were afraid to report against, and the arch-bishop of the largest diocese in america, relieved of his administrative duties, for his own coverups..........slides quietly into retirement.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/01/us-...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/us/california-s...
....first it was Arch-diocese of Boston. Then last year arch-diocese of Philadelphia, now Los Angeles, which diocese is next?
.....sometimes the truth hurts, but the truth shall prevail.
UN-BELEIVABLE!
RCC tradition exposed.

"I find these files to be brutal and painful reading. The behavior described in these files is terribly sad and evil," Gomez said in a statement released by the nation's largest Catholic archdiocese."

"There is no excuse, no explaining away what happened to these children."

Oops, Catholics-in-denial have plenty of excuses. The BIG excuse is that's it's NOT the Church itself, just a few isolated sinners -- who all acted the exact same way -- for decades -- on all 5 inhabited Continents on earth -- which was an amazing coincidence, because as we all are told -- THE Church in the form of a few Popes and decades of Vatican leadership didn't know anything.

Above all, Pope Bene didn't have a clue and the Pope would gladly testify to this "fact" if not for diplomatic immunity.

Sicko Catholics-in-denial are required to buy into this lie too. Amazing.

Melbourne, FL

#419904 Feb 4, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth must be told.
The information I posted is right from roman catholic news sources.
How many of the 4.1% are really devout catholics? Maybe cut that in half.
BUSTED....again!
It is amusing how Catholics-in-denial will turn against some of the most respected RCC schools and foundations on earth.

Good credible link.

http://cara.georgetown.edu/CARAServices/reque...

2000 years of "perfect teachings" and 4.1% of humanity are practicing their way of salvation?

Not much of a tribute the Jesus' sacrifice. I guess Jesus idea of "saving mankind" is 4%.

Either Jesus is an insincere, lying buffoon -- or the RCC is BUSTED.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419905 Feb 4, 2013
A plague of Atheists has Descended, and Catholics are the Target

Attacking Christians is Not Really Clever, Witty or Funny.

FROM time immemorial, this world has been troubled by plagues. From bogong moths in Canberra to frogs in biblical Egypt, unwelcome and unlovely creatures have the awkward habit of turning up in bulk.

Just now, we are facing one of our largest and least appealing infestations. Somewhat in advance of summer's blowflies, we are beset by atheists. Worse, they are not traditional atheists. These tended to be quiet blokes called Algie with ancillary interests in nudist ceramics, who were perfectly happy as long as you pretended to accept a pamphlet in Flinders Lane.

No, the new hobby atheist is as brash, noisy and confident as a cheap electric kettle. They want everyone to know that they have not found God, and that no one else should. Their particular target seems to be Catholics. On the surface, this is odd, as there are plenty of other religious targets just waiting to be saved from a vengeful, non-existent deity. Smaller herds, such as the Christadelphians or the Salvation Army, might seem more manageable. But the Catholic Church has two incomparable advantages as an object of the wrath of proselytising atheists.

*First, it is the biggie. Taking out the Catholics is the equivalent of nuking the Pentagon. Guerilla bands of Baptists and Pentecostals can be liquidated at leisure.

*Second, the Catholics have the undeniable advantage that they do still demonstrably believe in something.

Attacking some of the more swinging Christian denominations might mean upsetting people who believe a good deal less than the average atheist.(LOL, very good one by the author!)
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul ...

Melbourne, FL

#419906 Feb 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interesting statistic:
99% of the people on this forum think you're an idiot.
And Catholicism will never be wholly accepted just as the majority of the world denied the Son of God and killed Him 2,000 yrs ago. The " free mind, RCC Superiority So busted, light of catholicism Michaels" of the world denied the Christ back then, they deny him now.
Once against, an angry, name-calling Catholic-in-bitter-denial confusing the RCC with God Himself.

DUH!!!!!!!!!! The RCC is not God.

95.9% of humanity do not deny Jesus, just the corrupt and perverted RCC.

Melbourne, FL

#419907 Feb 4, 2013
History and Reality -- backed by verifiable links -- sure seem to make Catholics-in-denial angry!

I wonder why?

Maybe this is not the right forum for them.

Maybe Mexico would be a better choice for Roman Catholics to live out their lives under RCC ideals. Mexico City is the largest RC city on earth.

Escape this terrible Reformation society. Go and enjoy the fruits of Catholicism!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419908 Feb 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If Catholic women chose to get abortions, it is not the Catholic Churches fault!!The TRUTH about abortion has, is and is still being taught in the Catholic Church and the doctrine of faith as being WRONG! The CONDUCT and IRRESPONSIBLE ACTIONS of members of the Catholic Church is an "abomination against almighty God Himself", along with the teachings of the Church and has "absolutely no bearing" on the TRUTH that the Catholic Church is teaching them "not to abort"!!Get it through your "thick head" Michael! The Catholic Church has, is and will continue to profess, proclaim and teach the TRUTH of Doctrine of Moral principles. That does not guarantee that members of the Church will "decide to go against the teachings of the Church" BY THEIR OWN DECISION ie. abortion, sexual abuse, adultery, stealing, etc.. Furthermore, I don't need to adopt ANY CHILDREN! I have seven childre of my own! In addition, there are "numerous families" in our parish that has adopted "multiple children" here in the U.S and from other countries. Don't play your condemning, judgemental adoption games with me Michael! For someone who has "rejected the TRUTH of the One True Catholic Church of Jesus Christ, and rejected any and all Christian faith, you certainly have a "big (you should do this) mouth!!
If the church has a right to determine who belongs and who doesn't why doesn't mother church practice that?

If catholic women are having abortions, and if the church hates gay people, same sex marriage,and has no use for equality for women in the church, does not tolerate catholics who do not attend mandatory mass, or use contraceptives and against catholics and clergy who speak in favor of optional celebacy why doesn't the church clear up this matter and say........you are not welcome here.

What is the point in beating around the bush continually berating catholics who don't really want to belong.

Its time the church leaders say. YOUR IN OR YOUR OUT.

.....do you agree?
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419909 Feb 4, 2013
Now, to continue in our series on the Plague of Atheists:

Mind you, the appeals of atheism as a diverting pastime are not immediately obvious to those of us who are on relatively easy terms with God. Why would anyone get so excited about the misconceptions of third parties as to the existence of a fourth party in which they themselves do not believe?

The answer is twofold. First, the great advantage of designer atheism is that you get to think of yourself as immensely clever. After all, you are at least much brighter than all those dumb-asses who believe in a supreme being, such as Sister Perpetua down the road, Thomas Aquinas, Isaac Newton and Dietrich Bonhoeffer. So satisfying.

The second factor has to do with wit. For some reason, contemporary Australian/American atheism seems to consider itself terribly funny. Its proponents only have to wheel out one of the age-old religious libels to lose control of their bladders. To outsiders, of course, it is a bit like watching a giggling incontinent drunk at a party. This is not to say that believers - and perhaps especially Catholics - do not get seriously irritated by atheists. They do, but not because atheists are fearfully clever or Wildely funny.

Frankly, the prime reason the average believer finds the common or garden atheist as appealing as a holiday in Birchip is because they consign them to that sorry category of individuals who spend their lives loudly congratulating themselves on their own intelligence without noticing that no one else is joining the chorus.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-cul...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419910 Feb 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God I'm Catholic!!
God didn't make you catholic your mom and dad did.

Like most people of belief, you were born by CHANCE into a catholic family. Much like Muslims, Jews, Hindus, non believers.

If God wanted you to be catholic, why did he make most others non catholics?

If you were born protestant, you would have been brainwashed by your family growing up to believe they are right and catholics are wrong.........and that is the truth.

God had nothing to do with what you believe.(lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 41 min Scales Off 8,511
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 2 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE