Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,421 - 404,440 of 538,588 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"You don't understand the Bible enough to comprehend Marian doctrine.""
---
IT TAKES TWO OR MORE WITNESSES/SCRIPTURES FOUND IN THE BIBLE TO ESTABLISH A DOCTRINE...
THERE ARE NO SCRIPTURES IN THE BIBLE THAT ESTABLISHES THE MYTH/FABLE THAT YOU CALL THE ...MARIAN DOCTRINE...
IF THERE IS...and (I SAY [ LIKE SO MANY OF YOU FABLES] it does not exist)...
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO...
IS
GIVE BOOK
CHAPTER AND
VERSE..
WHY NOT STOP CREATING FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS?
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and
unbelieving, and
the abominable, and
murderers, and
whoremongers, and
sorcerers, and
idolaters, and
===>all liars,<===
shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
ARE YOU TO DULL OF HEART..MIND AND SPIRIT TO COMPREHEND THAT THE BIBLE IS THE BOOK THAT DEFINES AND MEASURES TRUTH FROM ERROR .

1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us;

he that is not of God heareth not us.

Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev_2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev_2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev_2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev_3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev_3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev_3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev_13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats,

which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which

believe and know the truth.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"You don't understand the Bible enough to comprehend Marian doctrine.""
---
IT TAKES TWO OR MORE WITNESSES/SCRIPTURES FOUND IN THE BIBLE TO ESTABLISH A DOCTRINE...
THERE ARE NO SCRIPTURES IN THE BIBLE THAT ESTABLISHES THE MYTH/FABLE THAT YOU CALL THE ...MARIAN DOCTRINE...
IF THERE IS...and (I SAY [ LIKE SO MANY OF YOU FABLES] it does not exist)...
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO...
IS
GIVE BOOK
CHAPTER AND
VERSE..
WHY NOT STOP CREATING FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS?
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and
unbelieving, and
the abominable, and
murderers, and
whoremongers, and
sorcerers, and
idolaters, and
===>all liars,<===
shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
I always like when you all demand "give me book chapter and verse!"

Why? So you can reject it?? Sola Scripture is easy....you just reject the other persons opinion on scriptures with another verse that appears to contradict it. Then it goes back and forth until you get tired and fall asleep.

But on a serious note Confrint, I notice you're a little angrier lately. I pray all is well with Kay. Keep your head up!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand the Bible enough to comprehend Marian doctrine.
Are you declaring that people may be led to Jesus by Satan 'appearing as Mary'?
LTM, what reason could you possibly give to not honor the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ as Catholics do? Btw, if you falsely accuse us of worshiping her, I'm going to give you a friendly cyber slap.
Clay you can't even understand a simple post how are you going to understand scripture.
Satan would never lead a person to Jesus, but he could appear as Mary, He can even fool people into believing he is Jesus.
Clay people believe a statue can cry tears of blood.
something appeared on a ladies wall recently she believes its Mary.
people are bowing to a wall paying homage to it with flowers and prayers etc.
People pray to a piece of toast believing the design on it is Mary. Like Spock use to say not logical
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, what reason could you possibly give to not honor the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ as Catholics do? Btw, if you falsely accuse us of worshiping her, I'm going to give you a friendly cyber slap.
It might not seem like worship to you Clay but it sure does to us.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay you can't even understand a simple post how are you going to understand scripture.
Satan would never lead a person to Jesus, but he could appear as Mary, He can even fool people into believing he is Jesus.
Clay people believe a statue can cry tears of blood.
something appeared on a ladies wall recently she believes its Mary.
people are bowing to a wall paying homage to it with flowers and prayers etc.
People pray to a piece of toast believing the design on it is Mary. Like Spock use to say not logical
Well now, lets not get caught up in these stories about Mary appearing in potato chips and such. And if people claim that she is, do not blame the Catholic Church for that.
It would be like blaming the Catholic Church for Harold Camping fooling all those people into thinking the Rapture was happening. Twice!(since the Catholic Church produced a Bible that Camping decided to interpret himself)
Its not the Church's fault that people are too dumb to understand things.
And believe me you. I am married to a Mexican lady and I see her family taking Marian devotion to a higher level than normal. If something remotely looks like her in a potato chip, they would call the entire family over to view it!
Does it offend God? Of course not! No one in that family thinks of Mary as a deity! They just really love her....and rely on her prayers for them.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, he didn't say he *saw* her....he said God *revealed* her to him!
Yes, that's correct, no one comes to Jesus except the Father draws him. And He can draw him any darn way He pleases without you putting your two cents in and telling Him what to do and how to do it! We all know you're miffed because God didn't choose you to be the Blessed Mother, but stop taking it out on her. You're so jealous of her!
I'm sure Mary in her day lead some to Jesus just like we today are called to lead others to Jesus, but all of us are merely servants doing our duty nothing more.

We love and honor Mary being jealous of her would take away from our worship to God alone.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It might not seem like worship to you Clay but it sure does to us.
I know Marge. I am not saying you don't have a right to question us when you see Catholics kneeling before a statue etc. Because from the outside, it looks exactly like Catholics are worshiping it. If i just landed in America and didnt know anything, i would probably think people are worshiping that huge statue of Abraham Lincoln.
Marian devotion is no different. I remember that JW fella kept insisting and insisting we were worshiping Mary because he saw Catholics carrying an image of her into the Church on the feast of the Immaculate Conception. I properly explained the situation. But he didnt care. He really really wanted to believe we worship Mary.
Obviously, he could not stop bearing false witness as a result.

You all are similar. You desperately want to believe we worship Mary and our Pope and think he is God and worship statues and changed the scriptures...you dont just want to believe this. You HAVE to believe this falsehood in order to exist as non-catholics.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, he didn't say he *saw* her....he said God *revealed* her to him!
Yes, that's correct, no one comes to Jesus except the Father draws him. And He can draw him any darn way He pleases without you putting your two cents in and telling Him what to do and how to do it! We all know you're miffed because God didn't choose you to be the Blessed Mother, but stop taking it out on her. You're so jealous of her!
~~~

You are the one that believes the fables about Mary the morher of Jesus..

Even to rob her of her Children and deny her the honor of being a wife and mother to them..

In your own selfish motive to worship her you place her in a position that violates her privilege of being a Biblical example of a wife and a mother, to all her family...

FOR SHAME

~~~

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

___

1Pe 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

1Pe 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1Pe 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

1Pe 3:6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We must also heed the warnings of Scripture concerning angelic beings: there are fallen angels who work for Satan who will do anything to subvert and destroy us. Galatians 1:8 warns us to beware of any “new” gospel, even if it is delivered by an angel. Colossians 2:18 warns against the worship of angels. Every time in the Bible when men bowed down before angels, those beings firmly refused to be worshiped. Any angel who receives worship, or who does not give glory to the Lord Jesus, is an imposter. Second Corinthians 11:14-15 states that Satan and his angels disguise themselves as angels of light in order to deceive and lead astray anyone who will listen to them.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, I am not going to say you didn't see or you did see someone you think was Mary.
All I know is what the Bible says "quoting Jesus's words. no one comes to me except the Father draws them" .
Remember satan also is a spirit, he can change his appearance to whatever he like even a beautiful angel.
Shhh, be quiet! Robert is praying the Rosary. Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries:

First Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
Second Joyful Mystery: The Visitation
Third Joyful Mystery: The Nativity
Fourth Joyful Mystery: The Presentation
Fifth Joyful Mystery: The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple

http://www.how-to-pray-the-rosary-everyday.co...
http://www.ourladyweb.com/mary-rosary-joyful....
http://rosaryarmy.newevangelizers.com/prayers...

Learn to Make All-Twine Knotted Rosaries
Make Them-Pray Them-Give Them Away!
http://rosaryarmy.newevangelizers.com/make-th...

Beautiful Antique and Vintage Rosaries
http://www.thesacredbead.com/
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure Mary in her day lead some to Jesus just like we today are called to lead others to Jesus, but all of us are merely servants doing our duty nothing more.
We love and honor Mary being jealous of her would take away from our worship to God alone.
This is just my theory: But it appears that new anti Marian teachings from the Evangelicals partially spawned when she started appearing on Earth.
It seems the Born Agains scrambled in a rabid frenzy to squash any possibility that it just might be Our Lords Mother, drawing people to her Son.
The Miracle at Lourdes, France was especially troublesome for the Evangelicals. Here you had an uneducated 14 yr old girl, Bernadette Soubirous, who claimed 'a lady' appeared to her and told her where a spring of fresh water was, underneath the ground at the grotto. When the locals dug, they indeed found a spring. People were cured of blindness and all sorts of conditions as a result of this gift from God, told to us by Mary.

Obviously, for anti Catholics like yourselves, this was a major problem. People started trashing the Marian Doctrines; claiming it was really Satan blah blah.

They snubbed their noses at the Mother of Our Lord, just to distance themselves from the Catholic Church. They could not admit truth and chose to be ignorant.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Lourdes
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We must also heed the warnings of Scripture concerning angelic beings: there are fallen angels who work for Satan who will do anything to subvert and destroy us. Galatians 1:8 warns us to beware of any “new” gospel, even if it is delivered by an angel. Colossians 2:18 warns against the worship of angels. Every time in the Bible when men bowed down before angels, those beings firmly refused to be worshiped. Any angel who receives worship, or who does not give glory to the Lord Jesus, is an imposter. Second Corinthians 11:14-15 states that Satan and his angels disguise themselves as angels of light in order to deceive and lead astray anyone who will listen to them.
"Do whatever he tells you."

Uh, huh, yeah, that's definitely satan leading people astray.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the type of inexcusable ignorance that comes from the born agains mouths. I could never ever entertain the idea of being an Evangelical born again. You simply require people to be stupid. I can't do that....

Gudalupe, Mexico 1531

Juan Diego comes across a lady upon a hill. He reports it to the Bishop and said he thinks its the Mother of Christ. The Bishop told Juan to go back and ask for a sign revealing her identity. Mary gathered some Castillian roses - that weren't even native to Mexico- but mysteriously were blooming in December no less. She put them in his cloak and asked him to open it in front of the Bishop. When Juan did this, the roses fell to the floor and the famous image of Our Lady of Gudalupe was on the fabric.

What makes this story remarkable even more, is the scientific tests done to the cloak. The image is not painted on with a brush. It was done in one stroke or one step. In 1933, biochemist Richard Kuhn analyzed the fabric and found that the pigments used were of no known source - whether animal, mineral or vegetable.

Seemingly overnight, Mexico went from indigenous to Christian.

Now, even if this story is exaggerated a little (and i know there is some controversy involved)....But did Satan really just convert a million people to Jesus Christ?? This is what i mean when i say, you guys require a complete lack of logic to form your faith.
"but they are not converted to Christ, they are worshiping Mary now" ugh
Did I also mention you require people to be ignorant?

wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Guadalupe
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
You are the one that believes the fables about Mary the morher of Jesus..
Even to rob her of her Children and deny her the honor of being a wife and mother to them..
In your own selfish motive to worship her you place her in a position that violates her privilege of being a Biblical example of a wife and a mother, to all her family...
FOR SHAME
~~~
1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
___
1Pe 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
1Pe 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
1Pe 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
1Pe 3:6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
Its interesting that no known Christian group, prior to the 19th century, believed Mary had other children. None of the Protestant reformers believed it. No Orthodox believed it.
But the Born Agains decided she did. It seems they could not comprehend the Bible and decided to view it thru a 19th century mindset. They saw 'brothers and sisters' in the Bible and said "duh, it says right there that Mary had other children, how could everyone miss that for 1900 yrs?"
You prove that sola scripture and private interpretations of it are a complete disaster.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do whatever he tells you."
Uh, huh, yeah, that's definitely satan leading people astray.
yeah lol
My Aunt went to Fatima yrs ago and came back completely zapped. She quit smoking and drinking and became much closer to Jesus Christ.
That darn Satan again....leading people to Jesus Christ!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Only in the pedophile cadre

UNITED STATES
San Francisco Chronicle

David Wiegand

Published 4:35 pm, Friday, February 1, 2013

Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God: Documentary. 9 p.m. Monday HBO.

What did the Vatican know and when did it know it?

That's the first question posed in Oscar winner Alex Gibney's new documentary, "Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God," airing Monday on HBO. The second question is when did the church start covering it up?

While we have become aware of multiple cases of priests molesting children in recent years, the church received its first abuse complaint against a Spanish priest in the fourth century. In more recent times, Gibney contends, the Vatican knew about pedophilic priests for decades and engaged in a campaign to sweep the matter under the rug.

What was once seen as primarily an American issue is now viewed, sadly, as universal. Ever since the Boston Globe reported extensively in 2002 on the magnitude of the problem and the church's elaborate and highly effective campaign to cover it up, we have been given a steady stream of reminders in the media of what the church is doing to defend itself, how much it is costing the church to settle various legal cases and, most of all, how many lives have been affected.

Gibney gets to the big picture, but his real focus is what sets "Mea Culpa" apart from other films about pedophile priests: A group of men who, as deaf students at St. John's School in Milwaukee, were routinely molested by a deceptively genial priest named the Rev. Lawrence Murphy in the 1950s and '60s. It is estimated that he molested more than 200 children at the school before persistent complaints by the former students prompted the church to do what it did too often with pedophile priests: move them away in the hope the complaints would stop.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE FIRST PROTESTANT GROUP THAT EVER EXISTED.
Only a "desperate and reckless minister" such as you Confrinting, that is so "insecure" in his own irresponsible" bible only preaching, would make a "foolish statement" such as this..... Jesus Christ One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church, never has, nor ever will be connected to your Protestant Group of heretics...... There is "absolutely nothing" that makes the Catholic Church or its Doctrine (which is totally grounded in Jesus Christ) "be or have any part" of your "distorted and agtagonistic doctrine), the lies, condemnation, and judgmental beligerance toward the Catholic Church!! You and the rest of your other 42,000+ contradicting "protestant pot of preaching propagandists" have and will continue to remain" (On Your own), as half-truth Christians, that have "REJECTED" the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ.

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I am going where you can't go..but i will send you protector spirit this and that..Is that Jesus say?

O well God don't liked us.
I am very please hear that you all be save.. me not.

Now you don't need be jealous..your salvation and peace to you..my life to me.

After all Christ have Cross of goodness where humanity rest, yes all of them rest there.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

it is important to be Catholic
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called KARMA. It always comes around.......and its biting the behind of the church right now.
KARMA is just another one of your anti-catholic "propaganda sources" that is grounded in Hunduism and Buddism which believes in reincarnation. It is also "loaded" in new age baggage" which parallel all the the "loaded diced" comments of more distortions, lies and exaggerated BS that you are "so famous for"! You, Michael, are becoming more and more "desperate" to spread your anti-catholic (hate and hostility) with each comment you make. Your antagonism and vengeance toward Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, only "digs a deeper and deeper" hole for climb out of as you just continue to make a "fool of yourself" by spreading "more whoppers than burger king"!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... 21 hr Ponniah 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Crazy 8,273
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Aug 22 ELIAS IBARRA 64
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••