Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,514
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419674 Feb 2, 2013
Sorry Guys wrong link

http://www.bing.com/videos/search ?
"Open the eyes of my Heart Lord"
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419675 Feb 2, 2013

Michael W. Smith - Open the eyes of my heart
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419676 Feb 2, 2013
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419677 Feb 2, 2013

Above All -- Kaitlyn Maher -- 5years old

This will bless you
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#419678 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Anthony. Who wouldn't want guaranteed Heaven promised by the born again movement!
I told a story last week about a stripper falling off a balcony during a lap dance. She died. I read in the article a quote from her parents that she had 'gone home to the Lord'
Apparently they are OSAS believers...
This is what these knuckleheads have created with their false teachings.
Btw, someone said I lied about that story. So when I get home I'll try and post a link.
Right, straight to heaven, once one professes per Romans 10, it's a done deal, UNLESS they're Catholic, then all bets are off....lol.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#419679 Feb 2, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife is as disgusted as I am, and she is not afraid like you catholics to say so. Where is your wifes voice? SILENCE!
I don't make up the stories Anthony they come along as they do. Thanks to your church leaders themselves. The arch-diocese of Los Angeles just posted the stories of hundreds of priests that have been bad. Right on the arch-diocese website. I wonder what the followers will say when they start reading how big of FOOLS THEY HAVE BEEN for all these years, yet YOU again, keep defending these guys.
Catholics themselves are the reason these stories have gone on so long. Catholics themselves are culpable for much of what has happened always looking the other way and remaining ever SILENT never demanding accounability.
You get what you get.
Very sad.
I will always defend people taken advantage of, whether men, women or children......you should try it.
The archdiocese posted if on their own website? I thought they're trying to keep it all hidden?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#419680 Feb 2, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
My child would never be going back to that school again. Would yours?
Did you read what the Arch-diocese of LosAngeles posted on their website to all the followers so they can learn what the hell has been going on behind their backs for the last 50 years?
Below. Just posted!.....ARCH-DIOCESE of Los Angeles website.....read under RESOURCES........open up: clergy files......
Over 100 priests.......just from LA
http://www.la-archdiocese.org/Pages/default.a...
Where have all the followers been the past 50 years as these priests listed gave themselves the eucharist at every mass they said as they told the followers to never receive holy communion with such sins on their souls.
HIPOCRICY!
The roman catholic church is in big trouble as these same type of stories have infected diocese to diocese right across america.
You wonder why nearly 1,000 roman catholic priests in just one year have formed a UNION. UNPRECIDENTED!
Cardinal Gomez chastizing Cardinal Mahoney. UNPRECIDENTED!
Remember I didn't create this mess. I just report it.
You really should check out this website Mike, it covers just about everything you've been demanding. Or would you rather we just closed up shop and call it a day?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419681 Feb 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, Robert, without a doubt. I have a story in that regard too. The same thing happened....she brought me even closer to Christ. Padre Pio didn't call his rosary his "weapon" for nothing, lol! It's amazing, every time you say the rosary you can find a new meditation on the same mysteries. As you said, you gain more knowledge and insight, you go deeper and deeper, or at least the opportunity is there.
Great news about your mother, God bless her and keep her! I lost both my parents in the last seven years, it's awful without them.
ReginaM
Peace

My RCIA sponsor took a trip to Europe near the end of my course and was a very devoted to Padre Pio. She also stopped in Medjugorje and picked up a Rosary for me there, that I still use....It is of wood and string. I am amazed it has lasted all these years....

Location hidden

#419682 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
People on here really hate Dr Scott Hahn. Unfortunately.
But when I see a Mass like the Latin Sung Mass, I can't help but think of Hahns first thoughts (as an anti Catholic Bible scholar) visiting a Catholic Mass for the first time. He immediately recognized the Book of Revelation throughout the Eucharistic Liturgy. The incense; the Priest in a Robe; the prayers of the Saints; the Lamb of God; Holy, holy holy is the Lord God Almighty' are all found in the Mass.
He realized that the Apostle John was seeing Heaven meeting Earth and that's what happens at the Holy Mass with Christ becoming present in the bread and wine.
To me, this is all the more evident in the Latin Sung Mass. Its ancient, pure and unbelievably focused on the mystery about to take place as Christ becomes present in the Bread and Wine.
Clay
Peace

I read The Lamb's Supper when it first came out. Somehow I lost the copy through the years. But I think it should be mentioned that the Book of Revelation of John and the term of Lamb of God regarding the Mass as Heaven on Earth, in the book by Hahn left a lasting impression on me.

Location hidden

#419683 Feb 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, I am very glad your mother recovered from cancer.
Mary had nothing do with her healing, nor leading you to Jesus.
That was God.
Jesus would never have revealed you to His Mother, He taught all good things come from the Heavenly Father.
You said you read the Bible , Show me where Jesus ever told us to pray to His Mother , or to go to her when we need help getting through to him.
LTM

Thank you concerning my mother.

I had already been a born-again Christian, and heard Jesus' voice in the words he said to me, "Peace. Peace I give you not as the world gives, I give to you." And I accepted Jesus in my heart at that time, confessed him, and evangelized to everyone I could.

It was about 25 years after that, his Mother was revealed to me, by God. I really think it was my reverence toward God, in Jesus, in his vertical height above me, and to let me know the horizontal aspect, his more human qualities. Thus I stood at the Cross with Mary, as she watched her Son.

So for me, it was my heart accepting Jesus first, then my head, then my heart for His Mother, which pointed me to Jesus, and always points me to Him....

I know it is hard for a non-Catholic to accept such a testimony.
Just pray.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#419684 Feb 2, 2013
Wadda boutit Anthony???? Is there some reason why you refuse to answer my question???

460 440 375 258

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
ok. Tell me where the Church was in the first 1000 years and what they called it.

From Scripture:

Christ said:

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write

Your Bible does not teach this?????!!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#419685 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure buddy. We Catholics hear that all the time from y'all:
'oh we don't hate you guys, we just hate your stinkin Church and Pope who'll be going to hell with you if you don't leave your Church'
The issue Confrint, is its not OUR Church, its
Christ 's Church. It belongs to Him. That's why we're Catholic.
QUESTION...

WHERE IS CHRIST INCLUDED IN YOUR FACADE?

YOU GLORY IN YOUR RITUALS.....YOUR IDOLS YOUR RELICS.

AND YOUR CONSTANTINE TEACHING'S, AND FOLLOW HIS PAGAN PRACTICES.

Paganism and Christianity don't have any compatibility...

Either Jesus Christ is Lord of all IN YOUR LIFE...

OR

HE IS NOT LORD AT ALL...

THERE IS NO COMPROMISE

OR MIXING HIM

WITH THE WORKS

OF THE WORLD...

THE FLESH

OR THE DEVIL.
Clone

Kansas City, MO

#419686 Feb 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
http://www.bing.com/videos/sea rch?
"Open the eyes of my Heart Lord"
Who made God? Ma and Pa God? Or the primitive human animals mind?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419687 Feb 2, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Thank you concerning my mother.
I had already been a born-again Christian, and heard Jesus' voice in the words he said to me, "Peace. Peace I give you not as the world gives, I give to you." And I accepted Jesus in my heart at that time, confessed him, and evangelized to everyone I could.
It was about 25 years after that, his Mother was revealed to me, by God. I really think it was my reverence toward God, in Jesus, in his vertical height above me, and to let me know the horizontal aspect, his more human qualities. Thus I stood at the Cross with Mary, as she watched her Son.
So for me, it was my heart accepting Jesus first, then my head, then my heart for His Mother, which pointed me to Jesus, and always points me to Him....
I know it is hard for a non-Catholic to accept such a testimony.
Just pray.
Rob, I am not going to say you didn't see or you did see someone you think was Mary.
All I know is what the Bible says "quoting Jesus's words. no one comes to me except the Father draws them" .
Remember satan also is a spirit, he can change his appearance to whatever he like even a beautiful angel.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419688 Feb 2, 2013
Clone wrote:
<quoted text>Who made God? Ma and Pa God? Or the primitive human animals mind?
You answer me what came first the chicken or the egg, and I will answer your question.

#419689 Feb 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Confrinting----you have "little or no truth" to listen to!..It is "not there" and never has been!!!....Your comments are just a "listing of a bunch of bible verses", interpreting (or better yet) misinterpreting the true meaning of these verses and then adding your distorted "personal opinion",(laced) with anti-catholic lies, condemnation and judgemental vengeance! Bible verse "quoting" doesn't make you or ANY Protestant a Christian, especially when "the only reason" you are "flipping bible verses" is to elevate your continual "hate and hostility" against Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven)One True Catholic Church. I can only feel sorry for you (being a former bible only Protestant) for vengeance that you show against other Christians (especially Catholics) refusing to see "Jesus Christ" as the eucumentical Savior of the World --Catholics and Protestants alike!! May God have "pity" on you judgmental and condemning soul!!!
~~~

YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE FIRST PROTESTANT GROUP THAT EVER EXISTED.

Even now you protest the word of God. A MEMBER OF THE HYBRIDE

Constantine SECT.

YOU SPEND YOU TIME PROTESTING THE NEW TESTAMENT, AND WE THAT FOLLOW IT'S TEACHING.

~~~

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

GOD'S WORD HAS NEVER CHANGED AND WILL NOT BE EDITED NOT TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD...
Clay

United States

#419690 Feb 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION...
WHERE IS CHRIST INCLUDED IN YOUR FACADE?
YOU GLORY IN YOUR RITUALS.....YOUR IDOLS YOUR RELICS.
AND YOUR CONSTANTINE TEACHING'S, AND FOLLOW HIS PAGAN PRACTICES.
Paganism and Christianity don't have any compatibility...
Either Jesus Christ is Lord of all IN YOUR LIFE...
OR
HE IS NOT LORD AT ALL...
THERE IS NO COMPROMISE
OR MIXING HIM
WITH THE WORKS
OF THE WORLD...
THE FLESH
OR THE DEVIL.
Are you saying we should play with snakes and pretend like we're speaking in tongues?

#419691 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying we should play with snakes and pretend like we're speaking in tongues?
~~~

YOU ARE ALREADY PLAYING FOOTSY WITH THE OLE serpent THE DEVIL..

AND PRETENDING TO BE RELIGIOUS IN YOUR CONSTANTINE TIRADE AGAINST THE

TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. USING THE SAME M.O/TACTICS... THAT WAS USED IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN...

YOU SAY .... "Yea, hath God said, THEN YOU INJECT/ADD YOUR OWN DECEITFUL ANSWER

TO DECEIVE, AND SEND AS MANY TO TORMENT AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.

JESUS SAID
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman,

...==>Yea, hath God said,<=== Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Clone

Kansas City, MO

#419692 Feb 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You answer me what came first the chicken or the egg, and I will answer your question.
Thanks for the input. We will take that as God is a myth. Without the chicken there would be no egg. The chicken was engineered , like all life on earth by advanced alien beings.......this earth is a floating petri dish. Ever wonder why God so powerful and mighty has never been seen, never drops by, made all humans therefore all humans no matter what they believe should see him and nobody ever has, any sane person any way.
Clay

United States

#419693 Feb 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, I am not going to say you didn't see or you did see someone you think was Mary.
All I know is what the Bible says "quoting Jesus's words. no one comes to me except the Father draws them" .
Remember satan also is a spirit, he can change his appearance to whatever he like even a beautiful angel.
You don't understand the Bible enough to comprehend Marian doctrine.
Are you declaring that people may be led to Jesus by Satan 'appearing as Mary'?

LTM, what reason could you possibly give to not honor the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ as Catholics do? Btw, if you falsely accuse us of worshiping her, I'm going to give you a friendly cyber slap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 18 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web