Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,220)

Showing posts 404,381 - 404,400 of529,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>just wondering why you didn't answer my question? if a priest molested a child of yours would you still support the church like you do?
Teachers far outnumber Catholic Priests in this area.
If one molested your child, would you stop sending them to school? Would you stop supporting education for our youngsters?
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You are back to defending them again!
You are a phony Anthony.......you haven't changed.
You tell us you own and operate two businesses yet you post throughout every week day/evening while you are suppose to be productive. If your employees were doing what you are doing they would be fired.
No wonder our best businesses have moved to china and lately vietnam, where business owners work a solid 8-12 hours a day, and none of them posting on religious sites.
You are why america is failing. Poor management, low production.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Lol. Business is great. My employees work their tails off for me.

Pretty soon you will have run out of decades old abuse stories and with no new ones to fantasize over, and then you'll be looking for protestant ones. You should see a counselor about your obsession with child sex Mike. I'm sure your wife is concerned.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Anthony. Who wouldn't want guaranteed Heaven promised by the born again movement!
I told a story last week about a stripper falling off a balcony during a lap dance. She died. I read in the article a quote from her parents that she had 'gone home to the Lord'
Apparently they are OSAS believers...
This is what these knuckleheads have created with their false teachings.
Btw, someone said I lied about that story. So when I get home I'll try and post a link.
So what is the big deal she is a stripper? Maybe she was giving a $20 lap dance to one of your relatives. Are they all squeeky clean? Look at the worst of sins thousands of clergy in your own church have done right up to CARDINAL Mahony from Las Angeles........

Tell us your sins? You say we are ALL SINNERS. I am sure you have committed some woppers and probably too believe you will be going home to the Lord one day. UNBELIEVABLE!

I know! God loves you more than he loves others.....

UNBELIEVABLE!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how ex-Catholics love to talk about gettin' saved, guaranteed heaven and not going to hell by turning protestant, yet here they are live posting on a discussion board.
Your Bible does not teach?? Quote:These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

"The Roman Catholic Church," explains Time magazine, "is a stern hierarchy that has always kept its deliberations secret, policed itself and issued orders from the top. An obedient priest moves up in power by keeping his head down, winning rewards for bureaucratic skills and strict orthodoxy... If allegations came to diocese attention, the bishop, a power unto himself who often operated as if ordination gave him a share of the Pope's infallibility, acted as prosecutor, judge, sentencer. Desperate to retain even sinful men, as the number of priests shrank alarmingly, and ever putting the image of the "Church first", bishops refined the system. Convince the family that publicity would harm the faith. Don't report to the police; don't warn the parish... And if a victim finally sued, the strategy was to admit nothing, buy silence, settle out of court and seal the deal with a confidentiality contract"
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Business is great. My employees work their tails off for me.
Pretty soon you will have run out of decades old abuse stories and with no new ones to fantasize over, and then you'll be looking for protestant ones. You should see a counselor about your obsession with child sex Mike. I'm sure your wife is concerned.
My wife is as disgusted as I am, and she is not afraid like you catholics to say so. Where is your wifes voice? SILENCE!

I don't make up the stories Anthony they come along as they do. Thanks to your church leaders themselves. The arch-diocese of Los Angeles just posted the stories of hundreds of priests that have been bad. Right on the arch-diocese website. I wonder what the followers will say when they start reading how big of FOOLS THEY HAVE BEEN for all these years, yet YOU again, keep defending these guys.

Catholics themselves are the reason these stories have gone on so long. Catholics themselves are culpable for much of what has happened always looking the other way and remaining ever SILENT never demanding accounability.

You get what you get.

Very sad.

I will always defend people taken advantage of, whether men, women or children......you should try it.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If one molested your child, would you stop sending them to school? Would you stop supporting education for our youngsters?
no i would not stop my child from going to school,education is to important,what i would do is file a formal complaint with police and with the school and the school board.i have seen first hand knowledge of what molesting can do to a child,it's the most despicable thing a teacher,priest,pope,boy scout leader,anyone can do to a child,if the police or school system did nothing to this teacher,then he/she would answer to me,and "I PROMISE YOU" he/she would never touch a child again.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked for the answer from Sola Scriptura guys not from atheists, FOOL.
They didn't respond, so I did.

You must be a catholic!.........UNBELIEVABLE !

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent two years hunting for a boy scout troop leader who molested one of my nephews,being a cab driver at the time came in handy,i checked the bars asked people if they saw a person of the discription i gave of him,no luck,he got only 3 yrs in jail,unknown to my family he was in N.Y.,we found out when my sister got a call and she was told the guy died in a drug deal gone bad,to bad,i wanted the pleasure of turning him into a girl with one quick slice.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

gotta go g/f wants pc talk later.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My child would never be going back to that school again. Would yours?

Did you read what the Arch-diocese of LosAngeles posted on their website to all the followers so they can learn what the hell has been going on behind their backs for the last 50 years?

Below. Just posted!.....ARCH-DIOCESE of Los Angeles website.....read under RESOURCES........open up: clergy files......

Over 100 priests.......just from LA

http://www.la-archdiocese.org/Pages/default.a...

Where have all the followers been the past 50 years as these priests listed gave themselves the eucharist at every mass they said as they told the followers to never receive holy communion with such sins on their souls.

HIPOCRICY!

The roman catholic church is in big trouble as these same type of stories have infected diocese to diocese right across america.

You wonder why nearly 1,000 roman catholic priests in just one year have formed a UNION. UNPRECIDENTED!

Cardinal Gomez chastizing Cardinal Mahoney. UNPRECIDENTED!

Remember I didn't create this mess. I just report it.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
"The Roman Catholic Church," explains Time magazine, "is a stern hierarchy that has always kept its deliberations secret, policed itself and issued orders from the top. An obedient priest moves up in power by keeping his head down, winning rewards for bureaucratic skills and strict orthodoxy... If allegations came to diocese attention, the bishop, a power unto himself who often operated as if ordination gave him a share of the Pope's infallibility, acted as prosecutor, judge, sentencer. Desperate to retain even sinful men, as the number of priests shrank alarmingly, and ever putting the image of the "Church first", bishops refined the system. Convince the family that publicity would harm the faith. Don't report to the police; don't warn the parish... And if a victim finally sued, the strategy was to admit nothing, buy silence, settle out of court and seal the deal with a confidentiality contract"
Its called KARMA. It always comes around.......and its biting the behind of the church right now.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

26But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Matthew 20:26-28 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't respond, so I did.
You must be a catholic!.........UNBELIEVABLE !
Yeah, sure Michael. You patiently waited for someone to answer me and seeing that none of the Protesters responded, you decided that you should ... LOL!
What exactly is unbelievable, Michael?
I'll tell you what is unbelievable. That atheists are so irrational to the point of believing the impossibility that "there was nothing & nothing happened to nothing & then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything & then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason which then turned into dinosaurs".
Have a great deluded life!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

New Eyes

February 2, 2013— byDennis Fisher

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Ephesians 1:15-21

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know ... the riches of the glory of His inheritance.—Ephesians 1:18

Bible in a Year:
Exodus 29-30; Matthew 21:23-46

A college student I met had recently placed her faith in Christ. She described her initial life-change this way:“When I trusted Christ for salvation, it felt like God reached down from heaven and placed a new set of eyes in my eye sockets. I could understand spiritual truth!”

It was moving to hear how her encounter with the Savior brought new spiritual perception. But her experience is not unique. Everyone is endowed with spiritual sight when they trust Christ as their Savior. Yet, at times a “fog” rolls in and our spiritual vision becomes cloudy and unclear. That happens when we neglect our relationship with Him.

In Paul’s fervent prayer for believers’ spiritual sight, we see how important it is to fully appreciate all that God has done and will do for us through Christ. He prayed that the eyes of our understanding would be enlightened that we “may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints”(Eph. 1:18).

Each believer has been given new eyes to discern spiritual truth. As we keep our hearts tuned to God, He will help us to see with our spiritual eyes all that He has given to us in Christ.
My soul within me yearns for TheeTill Christ be fully formed in me;Let love divine enlarge my heart,Then all Thy fullness, Lord, impart.—Stewart
I once was blind but now I see!

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I'll repost my post concerning the authorship of Mark because I really need an answer from a Sola Scriptura person.

"I just finished reading the whole Gospel of Mark and I would like a Bible-only Christian to tell me how they know that this Gospel was actually written by Mark. Did I miss the chapter and verse where Mark claims authorship? If I did, can someone point the exact verse to me?
Thanks!"
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search ?
"Open the eyes of my Heart Lord"
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Sorry Guys wrong link

http://www.bing.com/videos/search ?
"Open the eyes of my Heart Lord"
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Michael W. Smith - Open the eyes of my heart

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 404,381 - 404,400 of529,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••