Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,929
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419585 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could show us how Constantine (ism)
Dictated Catholicism?
Until then, save your silly lies for the victims in your compound.
DUH!!!!!!! Ever hear of the first Nicene Creed?

Yes, it can be said that Constantine dictated Catholicism.

PS -- imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419586 Feb 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and what is ironic is that now robert F, a luke warm catholic, has now become their main voice of unreason.
robert has joined probably 5 different types of religious organizations in the last 10 years or so.
and probably soon, robert f will show the world how much he loves the catholic church and its truths by participating in self immolation, which would be comparable to the devotion that old iggie showed when he wanted to be killed, even tho he was afraid of those leopards. He wanted to die but he was afraid to be killed. go figure!
preston

lol....If I explore other religions, does not make me unfaithful? Or does it make me more open to see God in everyone?

But alas, for someone like you that equates being faithful to holding pride as a stubbornly opinionated virtue, how could I explain faith to you?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#419587 Feb 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro8--you post --"zero"---true church history. It is just more of the same old (anti-catholic) "bogus and heretical" history that you "dug up" in some (obscure and remote website) written by either an ex-catholic, an agnostic or an atheists, who has an "axe to grind" with Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Deception??? Yes!!!----In your attempt to "deceive yourself" as you attempt to "deceive others"!!
since you just snipped a piece from my post and did not use the whole thing,nice attempt to make me look bad,like i said many times you can look up the same history i have and find exactly what i posted,and i see you left out the question i asked you,would you support the church if a child of yours was molested by a priest?? why won't you answer the question? clay was brave enough,are you afraid of the church? is that why you won't answer?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419588 Feb 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>jjust asking a simple question,you would dismiss catholocism,but since none of your children have been harmed,yet thousands of others have,that doesn't bother you? it must not since your still with the church,don't undrstand how anyone could do that.
You don't understand because you're an ignorant bigot.
Why on Earth would I dismiss 2,000 yrs of Catholicism because 1% of her Priests committed abuse?

You're beyond ignorant my friend. There is no hope for any rational conversation with such ignorance.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#419589 Feb 2, 2013
history channel 3/3/13 the bible will be on check your time listings where you live.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419590 Feb 2, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
I gotta smile at this....
It seems preston's preference is for the O.T., so actually, it is a New Old Testament, or rather a Revised O.T., he preaches. I think it starts like this....
A LETTER TO THE PRESTONIANS
Paul, an Apostle, to you all. I am writing to you all, that the teachings of the Prestonians are an invention of a heretical mind....
Prestonians?? Lol.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419591 Feb 2, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....If I explore other religions, does not make me unfaithful? Or does it make me more open to see God in everyone?
But alas, for someone like you that equates being faithful to holding pride as a stubbornly opinionated virtue, how could I explain faith to you?
I'm curious to what religions you explored, and have you settled on Catholicism for good?

Before I came back to the CC, I explored others too. I really didn't want to be Catholic. I even talked to the Mormons on a couple occasions. And I certainly had my scripture bludgeoning from the evangelicals as well. The last church I went to (I attended about 3 Sunday services) was the Methodist. What struck me as odd was how their services were similar to the Catholic Church. They even recite the Apostles Creed!
Anyway, I had too many questions that these Protesters and born agains avoid. They can not answer them logically.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419592 Feb 2, 2013
Today is the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord
Mass Scripture Readings:

Malachi 3: 1 - 4
1 "Behold, I send my messenger to prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming, says the LORD of hosts.
2 But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? "For he is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap;
3 he will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, till they present right offerings to the LORD.
4 Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the LORD as in the days of old and as in former years.

Psalms 24: 7 - 10
7 Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is the King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty, the LORD, mighty in battle!
9 Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory![Selah]---------
(Continued...)
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419593 Feb 2, 2013
The Feast of the Presentation of the Lord

Mass Scripture Readings (Continued...)

Hebrews 2: 14 - 18
14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same nature, that through death he might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil,
15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong bondage.
16 For surely it is not with angels that he is concerned but with the descendants of Abraham.
17 Therefore he had to be made like his brethren in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make expiation for the sins of the people.
18 For because he himself has suffered and been tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.

Luke 2: 22 - 40
22 And when the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
23 (as it is written in the law of the Lord, "Every male that opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord")
24 and to offer a sacrifice according to what is said in the law of the Lord, "a pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons."
25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he should not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
27 And inspired by the Spirit he came into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the law,
28 he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said,
29 "Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word;
30 for mine eyes have seen thy salvation
31 which thou hast prepared in the presence of all peoples,
32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to thy people Israel."
33 And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him;
34 and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against
35 (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed."
36 And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phan'u-el, of the tribe of Asher; she was of a great age, having lived with her husband seven years from her virginity,
37 and as a widow till she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day.
38 And coming up at that very hour she gave thanks to God, and spoke of him to all who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.
39 And when they had performed everything according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city, Nazareth.
40 And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419594 Feb 2, 2013
Belief in the Eucharist is a treasure we must seek by submissiveness, preserve by piety, and defend at any cost. Not to believe in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest of misfortunes.

-- St Peter Emyard

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#419595 Feb 2, 2013
JOHN wrote:
I see that the cowboy is still at spreading his lies. As a Catholic I find his answers as offensive but to argue with him is fruitless. Take car JOHN
what lies did I tell JOHN> be specif and use my quote.

Location hidden

#419596 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious to what religions you explored, and have you settled on Catholicism for good?
Before I came back to the CC, I explored others too. I really didn't want to be Catholic. I even talked to the Mormons on a couple occasions. And I certainly had my scripture bludgeoning from the evangelicals as well. The last church I went to (I attended about 3 Sunday services) was the Methodist. What struck me as odd was how their services were similar to the Catholic Church. They even recite the Apostles Creed!
Anyway, I had too many questions that these Protesters and born agains avoid. They can not answer them logically.
Clay
Peace

I was raised a Methodist, but without much indoctrination. I mainly remember all the good singing to the old hymns.
When I became an older teen, I started my search, that desire for the eternal Truth. And at that time the Eastern Religions were becoming popular. Mainly a couple of forms of Buddhism, and Hinduism, along with Western Philosophy were where my inquiries led me.

In my early 20's I read the Bible seriously, and became "born again". I followed my nose in Christianity for quite awhile, mainly in local group communities, evangelical, and went to Bible studies, but it just wasn't enough.(I was drying on the vine.) I prayed for guidance, instead of using my nose, and God set up the circumstances.

On a weekend vacation I visited Mission Santa Barbara, in CA, and took the "tour". By the end of the tour, I visited the shop, picked up my first Rosary and a booklet. I said my first Rosary, and knew my prayers were answered, and that sense of peace and protection by God through Mary. The next week I went to my local RCC....boy was I scared(with all my protestant indocrination).

I sat near the front, to see "hear" the sermon(smile), and once the Mass began, I followed the standing, sitting, and kneeling, and was shocked at how much Bible reading was going on. Then I saw the Eucharistic part and of course it was very symbolic but I was so very comfortable with it....

After Mass, someone came up to me and asked what I thought? I said," I am at home." And went to RCIA classes for 2 years and was Confirmed.

Since then, I have studied Sufism, Islam. I feel an obligation to be all things to all men. And the universal call of the Christ, one must speak to others so they can understand them. Since then my studies are mainly on the writings of the Saints and Doctors of the Church....

Location hidden

#419597 Feb 2, 2013
Office Reading for Today

Second reading
From a sermon by Saint Sophronius, bishop

...The Mother of God, the most pure Virgin, carried the true light in her arms and brought him to those who lay in darkness. We too should carry a light for all to see and reflect the radiance of the true light as we hasten to meet him.

The light has come and has shone upon a world enveloped in shadows; the Dayspring from on high has visited us and given light to those who lived in darkness. This, then, is our feast, and we join in procession with lighted candles to reveal the light that has shone upon us and the glory that is yet to come to us through him. So let us hasten all together to meet our God.

The true light has come, the light that enlightens every man who is born into this world. Let all of us, my brethren, be enlightened and made radiant by this light. Let all of us share in its splendor, and be so filled with it that no one remains in the darkness. Let us be shining ourselves as we go together to meet and to receive with the aged Simeon the light whose brilliance is eternal. Rejoicing with Simeon, let us sing a hymn of thanksgiving to God, the Father of the light, who sent the true light to dispel the darkness and to give us all a share in his splendor.

Through Simeonís eyes we too have seen the salvation of God which he prepared for all the nations and revealed as the glory of the new Israel, which is ourselves. As Simeon was released from the bonds of this life when he had seen Christ, so we too were at once freed from our old state of sinfulness....

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419598 Feb 2, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
And tell us did you find Salvation in those other religions ?

Mathew 5

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419599 Feb 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Belief in the Eucharist is a treasure we must seek by submissiveness, preserve by piety, and defend at any cost. Not to believe in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest of misfortunes.
-- St Peter Emyard
Amen

"If Angels could be jealous of men, it would be so for one reason: the Holy Eucharist"

Saint Maximillion Kolbe
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419600 Feb 2, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
I was raised a Methodist, but without much indoctrination. I mainly remember all the good singing to the old hymns.
When I became an older teen, I started my search, that desire for the eternal Truth. And at that time the Eastern Religions were becoming popular. Mainly a couple of forms of Buddhism, and Hinduism, along with Western Philosophy were where my inquiries led me.
In my early 20's I read the Bible seriously, and became "born again". I followed my nose in Christianity for quite awhile, mainly in local group communities, evangelical, and went to Bible studies, but it just wasn't enough.(I was drying on the vine.) I prayed for guidance, instead of using my nose, and God set up the circumstances.
On a weekend vacation I visited Mission Santa Barbara, in CA, and took the "tour". By the end of the tour, I visited the shop, picked up my first Rosary and a booklet. I said my first Rosary, and knew my prayers were answered, and that sense of peace and protection by God through Mary. The next week I went to my local RCC....boy was I scared(with all my protestant indocrination).
I sat near the front, to see "hear" the sermon(smile), and once the Mass began, I followed the standing, sitting, and kneeling, and was shocked at how much Bible reading was going on. Then I saw the Eucharistic part and of course it was very symbolic but I was so very comfortable with it....
After Mass, someone came up to me and asked what I thought? I said," I am at home." And went to RCIA classes for 2 years and was Confirmed.
Since then, I have studied Sufism, Islam. I feel an obligation to be all things to all men. And the universal call of the Christ, one must speak to others so they can understand them. Since then my studies are mainly on the writings of the Saints and Doctors of the Church....
Nice story Rob. I think its good to learn and respect all religions.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419601 Feb 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
-- St Peter Emyard
I went to a Latin Sung Mass this morning. Very traditional. It was in a Chapel below Saint Agnes Church in St. Paul MN.
I felt like I was in a time warp. There is so much respect for sacred scriptures at the Catholic Mass in general. But especially at a Latin Sung Mass. Lots of incense and sung prayers.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419602 Feb 2, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
Ah, yes, the Blessed Mother bringing you straight to her Son. That is always her way, without fail. I've seen it happen time and time again. She will never lead us, her children, astray.

Auspice Maria
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419603 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to a Latin Sung Mass this morning. Very traditional. It was in a Chapel below Saint Agnes Church in St. Paul MN.
I felt like I was in a time warp. There is so much respect for sacred scriptures at the Catholic Mass in general. But especially at a Latin Sung Mass. Lots of incense and sung prayers.
Beautiful, Clay! I'll always love the Traditional Latin Mass as it's the Mass of my childhood. The chanting is gorgeous, like Heaven on Earth. The incense makes me sneeze, though (lol). The Novus Ordo can be special, too. It depends on the celebrant. Some have such a gift of being so in tune with God; they never take the Mass for granted, it never becomes routine for them. Those are the Masses I love the best. We must pray for our priests.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419604 Feb 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand because you're an ignorant bigot.
Why on Earth would I dismiss 2,000 yrs of Catholicism because 1% of her Priests committed abuse?
You're beyond ignorant my friend. There is no hope for any rational conversation with such ignorance.
According to the RCC's own John Jay Report, the number in the USA was over 4% of Priests, not 1% as the denier claims.

You Catholics need to get your lies straight.

Remember too, this Report was before 29 more cases were reported in one diocese alone (Philly).

The percentage of Priests with aids was even higher.

Stop the lies. Stop the denial. Stop attacking America and most Americans. Go to Mexico City -- the largest catholic-majority city on earth and enjoy the fruits of your "superior" believe system.

Walk your talk... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE