Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,281 - 404,300 of 532,957 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

CLAYICA=mLAJICA=SHIBA
Now i don't believe you..no any reason for that..
ti si na cvijet ugazila i najega kriz polozila.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your honest answer :)
Thank you for thanking my honest answer. But I want to clarify what I said. I said, "there can only be one religion"
I should have said, "there can only be one Church". Christ could only have started one.

Now, there SHOULD only be one religion too. But that's not reality. Actually, in this era, its the first time in human history that its possible for everyone to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But don't let these Evangelicals fool you. Jesus Christ would require people to actually know him, in order to reject Him. Billions of peoples and tribes throughout the world did not ever know Him.
God will be the judge of them accordingly.
JOHN

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I see that the cowboy is still at spreading his lies. As a Catholic I find his answers as offensive but to argue with him is fruitless. Take car JOHN
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you love us. listen, there isnt one Chrstian that hasnt felt the acidic tongue of dust storm not to mention reg when she goes on a tirade.lol
and yeah, we do have a disdain for your church which has persecuted the saints for centuries. and well we should. your church has lied, murdered ,pillaged, and even thrown litle babies into fires they started, and things havent changed. your clergy has killed children even today, with the std's they have given to these young ones.
they(clergy) dont want to go to heaven and they dont want you too either, just like the devil whom they serve.
and you and those around you think that your church is the only [true] church.it is almost laughable except it is so sinful that there is no merriment to be found when we think about it.
but I do agree there is a big fence between us, and I am so glad there is. your church and its animosity towards the Truth, will never be bridged in this world, which is why Jesus is going to destroy it some day. But the warning was given 2000 years ago to come out of her. you had better heed the Words as given by Jesus. he knew about your church before it was ever formed, and He knew how evil it would be, and I have no doubt the Orthodox will be pleased some day if they dont give in and allow your church to become part of them again
Right on Preston, years ago I was going to turn catholic , I read the catechism and changed my mind.
I know very little of the bible, except for the Lords prayer and a few Psalms I memorized by heart,.
The catholic church is all about the catholic church its not about God.
They have large idols of saints and Mary suppositly, They have 3 idols representing Jesus one on the cross dead, one on the stick the Pope carry's of a decomposed corpus, and one of Mary and an infant in her arms.
Jesus isn't dead, He did not rot in the grave.
And He isn't a baby He is Almighty God
They have gone to church all their lives most of the catholic's and have never met Jesus, to them He is a wafer and a glass of wine.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for thanking my honest answer. But I want to clarify what I said. I said, "there can only be one religion"
I should have said, "there can only be one Church". Christ could only have started one.
Now, there SHOULD only be one religion too. But that's not reality. Actually, in this era, its the first time in human history that its possible for everyone to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But don't let these Evangelicals fool you. Jesus Christ would require people to actually know him, in order to reject Him. Billions of peoples and tribes throughout the world did not ever know Him.
God will be the judge of them accordingly.
Once again I tell you it isn't the catholic church, The Catholic Church is a worldly church.
Gods Church is a Spiritual Church Lead by the Holy Spirit.
God reigns from Heaven on Earth, He did not leave control of His Holy Church in the hands of a human,
God's church are Spirit filled born again believers; people who follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Confrint for clarifying why we Catholics and you 42,000 will never see eye to eye.
The huge fence between us is: we look at you and see Gods love. We know what you're talking about when you say you were 'born again'. Definitely all Catholics have experienced this awesome gift from God. In fact, the Eucharist is there every single day if we choose...
But,
You say we are going to hell for being Catholic.
We love you. You hate us.
Who's the real Christians?
Btw. If you hate the CC, you hate us. We are one in the same. You can not hate the Catholic Church but love its members. We're Catholics because its The only Church that Christ started.
I hate no one ...I care enough to tell you the truth...

You are ASLEEP...(like those that pilgrim found sleeping,)along his journey. IN PILGRIMS PROGRESS.... by JOHN BUNION...

Hate is not what motivates a person TO ATTEMPT TO AWAKEN SOME ONE THAT IS FACING A BURNING HELL.

If I hated you... I would just ignore you, and just let you go to hell...

Love is always in order...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on Preston, years ago I was going to turn catholic , I read the catechism and changed my mind.
I know very little of the bible, except for the Lords prayer and a few Psalms I memorized by heart,.
The catholic church is all about the catholic church its not about God.
They have large idols of saints and Mary suppositly, They have 3 idols representing Jesus one on the cross dead, one on the stick the Pope carry's of a decomposed corpus, and one of Mary and an infant in her arms.
Jesus isn't dead, He did not rot in the grave.
And He isn't a baby He is Almighty God
They have gone to church all their lives most of the catholic's and have never met Jesus, to them He is a wafer and a glass of wine.
I meant to say ::I knew very little of the bible, except for the Lords prayer and a few Psalms I memorized by heart,.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting---I see that you are now "stuck" on the Constantineean (merry-go-round), of anti-catholic heretical (word games). Recently you have become more and more"reckless" in your desperate need to "grasp and hold-onto some new "bible only distortion of the TRUTH........ So now its the Constantineean (fif-raf) of your Protestant "lies and deceit"by using a different "tactic" than what you used last week(in another one of your(continuous) failed attempts) in trying to "distort the Truth" of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church....... You just keep "making up" one lie after another, in order to "justify" the condemning and judgmental (so-called) Christian Ministry that has "absolutely no basis of biblical or historical truth" to back up ANYTHING that say.......... You are only "another one" of the 42,000+ contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent (personal opinionated) half-truth, half-heresy Protestant preachers that just keep "spinning their wheels" going (NOWHERE) around in circles of more and more Protestant confusion and chaos......... God has never, nor will ever, be the author of your condemning and judgmental ministry, that is built (not on Jesus Christ) but on attacking the TRUTH of the faith of other TRUE Christians, especially Catholics. Again,........ I repeat to you---"the only true Christian in your family is your wife----however, you in your own beliegence, hostility and rebelliousness wouldn't "humble yourself" to EVER listen to her.
~~~

I have pleaded with you to listen to truth but you would rather believe a your lies..

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You are deceived BIG TIME...
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

pride is sin
i hope who is real can read..nothing hurt anyone truth is truth..i have that in my house too..if truth hurt you..no sorry no..it is as it is..liked or not..
what i say wrong
someone step over flower
someone liked burn in hell too
it is written about that
who have ear can hear
wind-yin is evil spirit not holy

as well i rimind you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

JOHN wrote:
I see that the cowboy is still at spreading his lies. As a Catholic I find his answers as offensive but to argue with him is fruitless. Take car JOHN
~~~

IT IS FOOLISHNESS TO ARGUE AGAINST THE TRUTH.

IT IS THE TRUTH THAT SANCTIFIES, AND MAKES ONE HOLY
Joh_17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

THE GOSPEL IS THE TRUTH.
Col_1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

WHY DO YOU NOT ACCEPT/RECEIVE THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD?
1Th_2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

__

IT IS THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD THAT MAKES YOU FREE.

JESUS SAID

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

YOU ARE NOT FREE..

YOU ARE A SLAVE TO CONSTANTINE-ISM...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

NOW
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

you not love me, not honor me
its lips
its ok
liars is always liars
i have planty in my life
not reason to believe in liars
dok me mamis
i secerom me hranis
a kad me primamis
i zraka mi zabranis
is that your love
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
love yourself

Are you for sure o'clock?

where is that..your cd..
sorry
i am not for sure
i don't know used computer or anything for your cd
not at all
butttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttt
i don't have what you have
be honest
i don't need nothing at all from anyone
i am colecting my tears from now
in tiny botlle
rest i know what i have to do
when i died
my eyes will stop on correct time
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate no one ...I care enough to tell you the truth...
You are ASLEEP...(like those that pilgrim found sleeping,)along his journey. IN PILGRIMS PROGRESS.... by JOHN BUNION...
Hate is not what motivates a person TO ATTEMPT TO AWAKEN SOME ONE THAT IS FACING A BURNING HELL.
If I hated you... I would just ignore you, and just let you go to hell...
Love is always in order...
Sure buddy. We Catholics hear that all the time from y'all:

'oh we don't hate you guys, we just hate your stinkin Church and Pope who'll be going to hell with you if you don't leave your Church'

The issue Confrint, is its not OUR Church, its
Christ 's Church. It belongs to Him. That's why we're Catholic.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
IT IS FOOLISHNESS TO ARGUE AGAINST THE TRUTH.
IT IS THE TRUTH THAT SANCTIFIES, AND MAKES ONE HOLY
Joh_17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
THE GOSPEL IS THE TRUTH.
Col_1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
WHY DO YOU NOT ACCEPT/RECEIVE THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD?
1Th_2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
__
IT IS THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD THAT MAKES YOU FREE.
JESUS SAID
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
YOU ARE NOT FREE..
YOU ARE A SLAVE TO CONSTANTINE-ISM...
Maybe you could show us how Constantine (ism)
Dictated Catholicism?

Until then, save your silly lies for the victims in your compound.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Try garlic. It works wonders!
love garlic,put it on everything,cook with it quite often,good anti-oxident,and if someone is pestering you,take a bite of a clove eat it then stand close to the person and breath heavily while talking :)

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me how "bitter and angry" of a "condemning and hostile" life that you lead, when it comes to "persistently" attacking the Catholic Church. The fact is Michael, I don't hate (anyone), not you, confrinting, Orville, justachristian, jethro or any other person who spreads their anti-catholic exaggerated distortion, lies and deceit. We, as Catholics will "leave the hate" to "you and those Protestants, agnostics or atheists, who in their own frustration, are living lives of the "bondage" of wrath and extreme anger!! Interesting to see "how you deal" with it: and what caliber of gun do you plan to use when "nothing" seems to be going your way"!!!!
i post the history of the church that no one likes to talk about,they are very decieving people,they say one thing,then behind closed doors they do another. if you doubt a post of mine look it up yourself,other than a catholic site,and you'll find the same factual authenticated true history of the dark side of the church.AND why didn't you answer my question? if a child of yours was molested by a priest would you still defend the church like you do? instead of senseless dribble you allways post,let's try an honest answer for a change ok.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

have bath in vinegar
don't drink to much
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I tell you it isn't the catholic church, The Catholic Church is a worldly church.
Gods Church is a Spiritual Church Lead by the Holy Spirit.
God reigns from Heaven on Earth, He did not leave control of His Holy Church in the hands of a human,
God's church are Spirit filled born again believers; people who follow the Lord Jesus Christ.
That's just a fantasy you guys have, LTM.

Where were you 'born again' people for 1800 yrs?

The problem is, you born agains get down in the dumps.. Hooked on drugs or something. Then throw your hands into the sky and God in His infinite love zaps you with the Holy Spirit. Then, you submit to unrelenting ignorance and assume you're authorities on sacred scripture.
Christ is calling everyone on Earth into the Catholic Church. There are many variables as to why people can't or won't. Christ still loves you and knows the reasons why you won't come into his Church.

I just feel terrible for all the career ministers who know the truth in Catholicism, but ignore it so they won't face the humiliation from their friends and family. Whoa to them. They are rejecting Jesus Christ by rejecting His Church.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i post the history of the church that no one likes to talk about,they are very decieving people,they say one thing,then behind closed doors they do another. if you doubt a post of mine look it up yourself,other than a catholic site,and you'll find the same factual authenticated true history of the dark side of the church.AND why didn't you answer my question? if a child of yours was molested by a priest would you still defend the church like you do? instead of senseless dribble you allways post,let's try an honest answer for a change ok.
"if a child of yours was molested by a Priest, would you still defend the Catholic Church"

No, this Priest would make me dismiss all of Catholicism from top to bottom; from 33 AD - 2013 AD.

Man oh man Jethro.

Who can seriously respond to such ignorance spewing from your mouth?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
I have pleaded with you to listen to truth but you would rather believe a your lies..
The fact is Confrinting----you have "little or no truth" to listen to!..It is "not there" and never has been!!!....Your comments are just a "listing of a bunch of bible verses", interpreting (or better yet) misinterpreting the true meaning of these verses and then adding your distorted "personal opinion",(laced) with anti-catholic lies, condemnation and judgemental vengeance! Bible verse "quoting" doesn't make you or ANY Protestant a Christian, especially when "the only reason" you are "flipping bible verses" is to elevate your continual "hate and hostility" against Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven)One True Catholic Church. I can only feel sorry for you (being a former bible only Protestant) for vengeance that you show against other Christians (especially Catholics) refusing to see "Jesus Christ" as the eucumentical Savior of the World --Catholics and Protestants alike!! May God have "pity" on you judgmental and condemning soul!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Hebrewsunite 8,181
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••