Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,742
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419452 Feb 1, 2013
marge wrote:
3Jesus’ brothers said to him,“You ought to leave here and go to Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do. 4No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” 5For even his own brothers did not believe in him.
Marge says.......

..... For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

Michael says.......why didn't his own brothers believe in him? The story says mother Mary was notified she was giving birth to the Messiah. She didn't explain to his younger siblings?

...Not only didn't Jesus brothers know, but no one in the entire mediteranean who lived during that era who weren't recorded in the bible, never heard of any of the characters from the bible including Jesus.

makes no common sense........something is terribly wrong.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#419453 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would catholics financially support legal council to get some bad priest a lighter sentence for committing the worst sins of all. Its almost as if catholics themselves are enablers of criminal behavior.
I agree.

But those who contribute, don't see it this way. They think they are helping theor local church and that is final.

IMO - anyone who steps foot into a RCC church and contributes to that collection basket is just as guiilty as the priest for helping it stay "underground".

....but will they see it this way? Uh-uh - they aren't honest.
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Start asking questions in your church. Where is all our money going!.........you won't.
Of course they won't, it spoils the fear and causes them to make a decision upon theirself, and that just isn't possible with most of them.

Fear of the honesty that they know would cause them to lose "faith".

But that is the funny thing about it - they know the RCC will not be with them when they die, and they also know that is themself that will have to answer for any wrongdoings or right doings they have done.

But they refuse to acknowledge it as fact.

It is quite sad.

Location hidden

#419454 Feb 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that Mary had other children was invented about 200 years ago. All of your protestant ancestors said she was ever-virgin and they knew the bible a lot better than you or preston, so don't try to pin it only on the Catholic and Orthodox Churches.
this doesnt look Protestant to me.lol

When the heretics and simple blasphemers refuse to acknowledge the Ever-virginity of the Mother of God on the grounds that the Evangelists mention the "brothers and sisters of Jesus," they are refuted by the following facts from the Gospel:

a) In the Gospels there are named four "brothers" (James, Joses, Simon and Jude), and there are also mentioned the "sisters" of Jesus—no fewer than three, as is evident in the words: and His sisters, are they not ALL with us?(Matt. 13:56).

On the other hand, b) in the account of the journey to Jerusalem of the twelve-year-old boy Jesus, where there is mention of the "kinsfolk and acquaintances" (Luke 2:44) in the midst of whom they were seeking Jesus, and where it is likewise mentioned that Mary and Joseph every year journeyed from faraway Galilee to Jerusalem, no reason is given to think that there were present other younger children with Mary: it was thus that the first twelve years of the Lord's earthly life proceeded.

c) When, about twenty years after the above-mentioned journey, Mary stood at the cross of the Lord, she was alone, and she was entrusted by her Divine Son to His disciple John; and from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home (John 19:27). Evidently, as the ancient Christians also understood it, the Evangelists speak either of "half' brothers and sisters or of cousins.

*From Fr. Michael Pomazansky, trans. Fr. Seraphim Rose, Orthodox Dogmatic Theology (Platina, CA: St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, 1994), pp. 187-189

so some of teh reason as to why we suppot Mary ahving childrren he is trying to use to show that she never had any. so lets look at them.

first he says there were none with the 12 year old boy, and we agree, she hadnt had them yet or if she did, it wasnt that important, what was , was that he, Jesus was about His fathers business, so that excuse is non existant and moot.

looking at [c]. he states that it was 20 years later that Jesus was at the Cross.there is no proof that Jesus was only 32 at the time when the Bible speak of those around Him ,that He was around 50.{john 8;57.Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet [fifty years old], and hast thou seen Abraham?
NOW WE SEE THAT THE AGE DIFFERENCE HAS INCREASED FROM 32 TO ALMOST 52. WHICH GIVES MARY PLENTY OF TIME TO HAVE HAD 6 OR 7 CHILDREN THAT THE BIBLE SAYS THAT SHE HAD.7X9 MONTHS = U FIGURE IT OUT.LOL. BUT I GOT A FEELING IT IS LESS THAN 20 YEARS.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS COUNTRY PREACHER AND THIS ALLEGED CLERIC IS QUITE LARGE IN ACTUALITY.

I QUOTE AND USE THE BILE AS MY RELIABLE SOURCE.

WHO KNOWS WHAT LIES THIS KOOK GOT HIS INFO FROM?

Evidently, as the ancient Christians also understood it, the Evangelists speak either of "half' brothers and sisters or of cousins.

i DONT THINK SO. THE ANCIENT CHRISTIANS(CANT GET NO MORE ANCIENT THAN mATHEW AND PAUL,LOL) KNEW WHO THOSE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF JESUS WERE, SINCE THEY LIVED WITH HIM AND ATE WITH HIM, SLEPT WHERE HE SLEPT, WHICH NOT ONE RCC CAN SAY AND THAT INCLUDES THIS LIAR.

AND AT NO TIME DID ANY OF THOSE APOSTLES INDICATE THAT THEY WERE ANYTHING BUT HIS FULL BROTHERS AND FULL SISTERS AND NEVER DID ANY OF THEM CALL THEM HIS COUSINS, AS THEY WOULD HAVE IF IT WAS TRUE.

WE EITHER BELIEVE WHAT THE WORD OF GOD SAYS CONCERNING THESE CHILDREN OF MARY OR WE CANT BELIEVE ANY THING WRITTEN IN THE GOSPELS.

ALL OF IT IS EITHER TRUE OR ALL OF IT IS A LIE
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419455 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is cold. gotta tell you this.
last week, we had a storm(according to the weathermen).
the snow was less than two inches in most places, and people are starting to act like we are in Atlanta or someplace in the deep south
Tell them to come up here were I am Preston, right now -32 suuny no wind . I have gone ice fishing when it was -51 no hut.
It was beautiful out the stream floated across the ice when the sunny hit it. awesome .
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419456 Feb 1, 2013
Tell them to come up here where I am Preston, right now -32 sunny no wind . I have gone ice fishing when it was -51 no hut.
It was beautiful out the stream floated across the ice when the sunny hit it. awesome .

Sorry I had to correct my spell.

Location hidden

#419457 Feb 1, 2013
i BROUGHT THIS UP LAST NIGHT AND IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED EVERY DAY.

Went a day's journey - Knowing what a treasure they possessed, how could they be so long without looking on it? Where were the bowels and tender solicitude of the mother? Let them answer this question who can.

http://bible.cc/luke/2-44.htm .

like I have said many times before, if this happened today, Mary would be in jail. this is a very scary idea that she would not take batter care on this Precious gift of God.

Child abandonment

and gross neglect is a very serious crime.

But this shows everyone(if they arent blind, that is)that Mary made mistakes also, she wasnt perfect as these lies told about her by the catholic church try to indicate.
she had committed a sin, so she wasnt sinless as they lie about her.

Classifications of Child Neglect
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has identified four types of child neglect:

Physical neglect: child abandonment, as well as failure to provide basic necessities such as food, clothing and shelter;

Sentencing in Child Neglect Cases
Public opinion of accused child abusers is low, and as a result, judges and juries may provide harsh sentences. If you are convicted of child neglect, your children may be placed in protective services and you may face jail time.

Location hidden

#419458 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't stand the cold get on one of your horses and head south. If you want it COLDER gallop to Minnesota where its cold and snowing 364 days a year.
Blame your ancestors for settling so far north.
The choice is yours. Quit whinning.
I can whine all that I please. it is still a free country. and if I take one horse, Do I allow the others to starve? will you feed them and take care of them?

but in a few months, the weather will change and I can lay outside in my hammock and enjoy the breeze, and anthony and you will still be freezing
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419459 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't contribute Anthony.
......... Why would I put money on the collection basket in the church if I know damn well some of it is going to pay for the defense council of some wayward clergy member who is trying to get off on some bogus technicality? I give my money to animal rescues and SPCA. Why? Because people can make decisions and its obvious many of them make wrong decisions. Animals can't make decisions so I would rather contribute to them.
YOu should know where every dollar goes that you stuff into the collection baskets in your church.
In 2007 in Los Angeles alone over $660 MILLION was paid in legal settlements for bad clegy. I am sure every practicing catholic in California paid something towards their defense. Why? Why would catholics financially support legal council to get some bad priest a lighter sentence for committing the worst sins of all. Its almost as if catholics themselves are enablers of criminal behavior.
Start asking questions in your church. Where is all our money going!.........you won't.
So you think we should do away with defense attorneys, juries, trials, judges...just scrap the whole judicial system as soon as a priest is accused.

I'll tell you what I would support...if any priest is found guilty of abuse or any bishop of covering for them, after doing time and being laitized, they should be held liable for all of the costs associated with the trial, defense, prosecution, pay full resititution to the victims, work off their civil judgements in soup lines, cleaning hospitals, etc. How 'bout that?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419460 Feb 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
440 375 258
<quoted text>
From the Catholic Encyclopedia:
As signifying the Church, the word Ecclesia is used by Christian writers, sometimes in a wider, sometimes in a more restricted sense.
It is employed to denote all who, from the beginning of the world, have believed in the one true God, and have been made His children by grace. In this sense, it is sometimes distinguished, signifying the Church before the Old Covenant, the Church of the Old Covenant, or the Church of the New Covenant. Thus St. Gregory (Book V, Epistle 18) writes: "Sancti ante legem, sancti sub lege, sancti sub gratiâ, omnes hi ... in membris Ecclesić sunt constituti" (The saints before the Law, the saints under the Law, and the saints under grace — all these are constituted members of the Church).
Show me where it refers to the Catholic denomination or any Protestant denomination...you can't!!!!
ok. Tell me where the Church was in the first 1000 years and what they called it.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419461 Feb 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree with you and Preston.
Read Luke 1
Mary's Visit to Elizabeth
39And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judah;
40And entered into the house of Zachariah, and greeted Elizabeth.
41And it came to pass, that, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit:
42And she spoke out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
43And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44For, lo, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
Mary's Song
46And Mary said, My soul does magnify the Lord,
47And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
48For he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
49For he that is mighty has done to me great things; and holy is his name.
50And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
51He has showed strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52He has put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
53He has filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he has sent empty away.
54He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his descendants forever.
56And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.
7th I know Mary knew, the angel told her as well that she was going to give birth to the Messiah.
We were discussing in Matthew 12:46-50,
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419462 Feb 1, 2013
"Did Jesus have brothers and sisters (siblings)?"

Answer: Jesus’ brothers are mentioned in several Bible verses. Matthew 12:46, Luke 8:19, and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56). In John 7:1-10, His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind. In Acts 1:14, His brothers and mother are described as praying with the disciples. Galatians 1:19 mentions that James was Jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.

Some Roman Catholics claim that these “brothers” were actually Jesus’ cousins. However, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used. While the word can refer to other relatives, its normal and literal meaning is a physical brother. There was a Greek word for “cousin,” and it was not used. Further, if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother? There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.

A second Roman Catholic argument is that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage. An entire theory of Joseph's being significantly older than Mary, having been previously married, having multiple children, and then being widowed before marrying Mary is invented without any biblical basis. The problem with this is that the Bible does not even hint that Joseph was married or had children before he married Mary. If Joseph had at least six children before he married Mary, why are they not mentioned in Joseph and Mary’s trip to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7) or their trip to Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15) or their trip back to Nazareth (Matthew 2:20-23)?

There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical:“But he (Joseph) had no union with her (Mary) until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus”(Matthew 1:25). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.
gotquestions.ca

Location hidden

#419463 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Preston, I believe that Mary and Jesus' brothers came to that place to get Him to stop preaching, He had became an embrassment to them.
to a certain extent, I find that very believeable. many mothers dont like the idea of their sons becoming ministers and they find it to be uncomfortable for them since oftimes,we ministers are not well liked and so this talk hurts the moms..

I had an aunt who was very distressed and embarressed that her son dropped out of OSU and began to play music for a living. but when his band became well known nationally(vince gill played with them for several years), she became his greatest booster.

John did finish college after he had so much trouble with his back and now has a degree in electrical engineering

Location hidden

#419464 Feb 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree with you and Preston.
Read Luke 1
Mary's Visit to Elizabeth
BEFORE THE FACT, STUPID.

before the fact.you show a remarkable disdain for Christianity but it is no wonder.

Location hidden

#419465 Feb 1, 2013
marge wrote:
53When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. 54Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed.“Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked. 55“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” 57And they took offense at him.
But Jesus said to them,“Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.”
58And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.
But Jesus said to them,“Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.”

thanks for showing these people like the sda, anthony and dustmop that there was a reality that His family was embarressed by Him, and it took some time before she did accept his Calling, EVEN THO SHE WAS TOLD WHEN HE WAS 12.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#419466 Feb 1, 2013

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419468 Feb 1, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I believe you're right! It really is very, very recent. All this born-again, bible only, fundie movement has only been around since what, the 60s? It's like a parody of Christianity. They should be ashamed of themselves. They treat Christ like He's one of their next door neighbor; a regular guy, a real pal! They have no respect whatsoever. There's no worship and adoration of God. He's no different than one of their bowling buddies.
The author of the article I've been quoting about the "Multiple Errors of Protestantism" hit the nail on the head when he said that "their hatred for the Catholic Church is greater than their love for GOD and for the truth, and that all they are really interested in is their own agenda." Pitiful.
ReginaM

I think there are exceptions to the rule, but in general, the act of worship and adoration was lost a long time ago for the Protestants. Its all a matter of advertising and salesmanship for the Prostestants now....At least in the sense as Catholics know when they enter a worship space, the sense of worship, and not a large screen and a bully pulpit.

The rather broad multiple views on the worship of non-Catholics makes it hard to pinpoint an exact definition of worship and adoration for them. But it does seem rather shallow...,just getting the feet wet, compared to the rich history of Catholicism and all the great writings on worship and adoration by the saints....

Instead, the anti-Catholic bias of Protestant commentaries on the scriptures, written by the "experts", have much the same to say on the scriptures. True Catholics can go to these commentaries and pick up some information. But it pales in comparison to the writings of the religous, and saints....
rider

Gwinn, MI

#419469 Feb 1, 2013
The Ku Klux Klan was basically based in the south of America. Here they targeted those set free after the American Civil War - the African Americans. The KKK had never considered the former slaves as being free and terrorised Africa American families based in the South. America experienced great economic prosperity during the 1920's but not much of it filtered to the South. Racism mixed with anger at their economic plight formed a potent cocktail.

Many different groups had emigrated to America over the years. One group - the Blacks - had been brought there against their will and after the success of the northern states during the Civil War and the freeing of the Blacks from slavery in 1865, a sinister group was established which was designed to spread fear throughout the Black population that still lived in the southern states. This was the KKK. Only WASP’s could belong to it — White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. It is a common myth that the KKK targeted only the Blacks - also hated were the Jews, Catholics, liberals etc but most hatred was directed against the poor black families in the south who were very vulnerable to attack.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419470 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I can whine all that I please. it is still a free country. and if I take one horse, Do I allow the others to starve? will you feed them and take care of them?
but in a few months, the weather will change and I can lay outside in my hammock and enjoy the breeze, and anthony and you will still be freezing
Cowboy says.....and you will still be freezing.

Michael says.......you live less than 300 miles from me. We get the same weather as you..........without all the polution "cough" cough!!
Hit And Run

Oklahoma City, OK

#419471 Feb 1, 2013
Anyone on here understanding the name change And how man changed the creators name and made him a god...when his name is Yahweh ....And is not A god.

And what do you think revelation 12/9 means.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#419472 Feb 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 16 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 18 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 19 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••