Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,649
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419408 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
i CANT STAND THIS WEATEHR.
Wed. is was around 70 degrees, thurs. rainy with heavy wind , today, it was around 9 degrees with about an inch of snow.
wouldnt even want to guess what it will be tomorrow
Minus 17 F when I started my truck this morning.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419409 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know by now after 2,000 years who all the players were in the bible and how they fit biologically with each other it makes the whole story dysfunctional.
You say brothers meant cousins but you have no information to back up your claim. Maybe James and others mentioned as brothers were really NEIGHBORS kids and not cousins or brothers at all.(lol)
2,000 years and no one has a clue who the real characters were that were written about in the bible.
Its almost like a Shakespeare play where all the characters seem to come to life, even though they never existed.
Why do you care, Jesus didn't exist as far as you're concerned.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419410 Feb 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before: You still don't get it!! OK Michael, stay hostile, stay angry, hold on to your hatred, keep firing your anti-catholic antagonistic (blanks) until you finally go out and buy that AK-47. Then you can do what the elementary school assassin did when he killed 20+ children in the same kind of rage hostility and anger. You can start "blasting" in Catholic Churches against "preists and bishops" like you "spray your blank bullets" on this forum, against Clay, Anthony, Regina and myself. "NO DIFFERENCE!!! No wonder you left the Catholic Church!!--No wonder you are not a Christian!! Is it NOW an agnostic or an atheist! Whatever it is Michael--you have some "serious anger-hatred issues!
Hojo...

Your faith and morals are not morally superior all others.

In fact, all of what we commonly call REALITY point to anything but.

It is absurd how you stand against Reformation American ideals, yet enjoy them yourself.

It is absurd to keep defending criminal bankers and perverts like Cardinal Law and his Vatican comrades -- as morally superior, guided by Jesus, blah, blah...

Get over the persecution stuff. No one "Hates." Look at it from this prospective -- the RCC moral superiority thing is great comedy club material.

Why not be happy with a good church, and not deny others the honor of using the term? Look in the mirror!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419411 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>dont be asinine.lol.
His Church is NOT your church.
His Church is the Born Again Christian, not 3 weeks old babies.lol
Christianity (from the Ancient Greek: &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#953; &#945;&#957;&#972; &#962; Christianos[1] and the Latin suffix -itas) is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion[2] based on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings.[3] It also considers the Hebrew Bible, which is known as the Old Testament, to be canonical. Adherents of the Christian faith are known as Christians.[1]
The mainstream Christian belief is that Jesus is the Son of God, fully divine and fully human and the savior of humanity. Because of this, Christians commonly refer to Jesus as Christ or Messiah.[4] Jesus' ministry, sacrificial death, and subsequent resurrection are often referred to as the Gospel, meaning "Good News" (from the Greek: &#949;&#8016;&#945 ;&#947;&#947;&#941 ;&#955;&#953;&#959 ;&#957; euangélion). In short, the Gospel is news of God the Father's eternal victory over evil,[5] and the promise of salvation and eternal life for all people, through divine grace.[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity
When Christianity came to a region and people became believers then a CHURCH was formed from those Believers.
but hey, anthony dont believe me, this is only common sense.
something that you robots are not allowed to pursue or possess.lol
Who cares what wiki says? And if you're really sola scriptura you'll produce the bible verse that says Jesus founded Christianity.

He founded His Church. He didn't found thousands of denominations. There existed only one Church until the East/West schism in AD 1054. All of history confirms this. Period. Amen.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419412 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
But your saying they weren't really Jesus brothers/ not me.
The adopted sons and daughters of God are all who follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Re-birth in the Spirit of "ALMIGHTY GOD THE MOST HIGH GOD"
YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON GODS WORD.
WE KNOW MARY IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WE KNOW THAT JESUS HAD BROTHERS AND SISTERS BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WE ALSO KNOW THAT JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS JESUS' COUSIN BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WE ALSO KNOW MARY'S COUSIN WAS ELIZEBETH BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WHEN YOU START MESSING AROUND WITH THE WORD OF THE LORD ,CHANGING IT FROM WHAT IT REALLY SAYS YOU HAVE TO TRY TO COME UP WITH ALL KIND OF SCENERIO'S TO FIT .
THAT IS WHAT YOU CATHOLIC CHURCH FATHER'S DID ANTHONY .
THE CATHOLIC DOCTRINE IS BUILT UPON ONE LIE AFTER ANOTHER.
ASSUMPTION UPON ASSUMPTIONS. DECLARATIONS THAT YOUR POPES HAVE DECLARE TO BE THE DOCTRINE AND YOUR TRADITIONAL BELIEVES TODAY.
ITS NOT BIBICAL. THE MINUTE YOU BUILD A IDOL BOW TO THEM AND PRAY YOU HAVE BECOME AN ABOMINATION TO ALMIGHTY GOD.
The idea that Mary had other children was invented about 200 years ago. All of your protestant ancestors said she was ever-virgin and they knew the bible a lot better than you or preston, so don't try to pin it only on the Catholic and Orthodox Churches.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419413 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where she and his siblings were in the Beginning, on the outside looking in. and she and them remained that way until after His death. even the Prostitute sinner was smarter than Mary, as well as the woman at the well. they were sinners, and acknowledged Him as their Savior, it took Mary even longer, and His siblings even longer as they mocked Him[john 7:2-5]. thankfully,in His mercy and His Grace, they also came to the only Conclusion that a Person can make(a fool says otherwise). He is who He said that He was, He is God.the Son of the Living God.
Amen Preston, I believe that Mary and Jesus' brothers came to that place to get Him to stop preaching, He had became an embrassment to them.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Middletown, NJ

#419414 Feb 1, 2013
I know I'm a jackass. I can't help myself. You see, I So want to marry my boyfriend, Michael, but the RCC won't let me. That's why I'm throwing hissy fits and stamping my feet like a little baby.

I'm a punk. Forgive me.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#419415 Feb 1, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not be happy with a good church, and not deny others the honor of using the term? Look in the mirror!
Still got it wrong- RCC Supe--just like always. Denying others of using the term church?? What-where-who is denying anyone?? You just "keep making things up" ---do you lay awake at night "dreaming these lies uyp' or is it just in your day-to-day nature!! What you "fail to comprehend" is that all Christians are our ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus established, formed and inititated His One True Catholic Church over 2000 years ago in Matthew 16:13-21. it was His ONE TRUE CHURCH ---but not the "only" Church (Lutheran,Baptist, Episcopalian, Methodist, and so on), We as Catholics, respect and acknowledge there faith in Jesus Christ just like (many of them) reciprocate with us.---So tell me "where are we Catholics denying others the term church. Your vengeance, hatred and hostility for us Catholics and Jesus Christ Himself is corrupting and polluting your mind, heart and soul!!!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419416 Feb 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the 20-30 percent of protestant clergy who have adulterous sexual contact with congregants get the clap, that's better than AIDS?
You don't get it Anthony, Catholic priest take an oath not to have sex to stay celibate.
Just because they don't have sex with woman doesn't mean they are not having sex. BREAKING THIS OATH
Protestant clergymen don't take this oath.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#419417 Feb 1, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
I know I'm a jackass. I can't help myself. You see, I So want to marry my boyfriend, Michael, but the RCC won't let me. That's why I'm throwing hissy fits and stamping my feet like a little baby.
I'm a punk. Forgive me.
Go find a "homosexual Church" in Washington DC inititated by Obama!!
The Nations Capital and the political "liberal hacks" will make it happen!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419418 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Preston, I believe that Mary and Jesus' brothers came to that place to get Him to stop preaching, He had became an embrassment to them.
I have to disagree with you and Preston.

Read Luke 1

Mary's Visit to Elizabeth

39And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judah;

40And entered into the house of Zachariah, and greeted Elizabeth.

41And it came to pass, that, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit:

42And she spoke out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.

43And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

44For, lo, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

45And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Mary's Song

46And Mary said, My soul does magnify the Lord,

47And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.

48For he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

49For he that is mighty has done to me great things; and holy is his name.

50And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

51He has showed strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

52He has put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.

53He has filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he has sent empty away.

54He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;

55As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his descendants forever.

56And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#419419 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't some independant organization that wrote all these scriptures, it was Clays own CATHOLIC FATHERS that he disagrees with.
If we could only coax Jesus to come down from heaven for just a few minutes and clear up the wrong information that catholics are telling.
Why would any scriptures say.....
1) my cousins are all with me.
2) Jesus says, has anyone seen my cousins?
3) John Baptist say..where are Jesus cousins.
4) 12 apostles would say....lets go to Jesus cousins house.
5) Jesus says my cousins are going on a holiday.
6) Blind man says I am going to the store with Jesus cousins.
7) mary says, jesus your cousins are here again!
ENOUGH with the cousins!!
BUSTED! AGAIN!
So-called "Christians" love to read more into the text than necessary.

How else did Catholicism evolve?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419420 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
mary knew who her son was. wever the brothers were in doubt.
Remeber Christ also told Mary his time had not come when she asked for the water to be turned to wine.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419421 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it Anthony, Catholic priest take an oath not to have sex to stay celibate.
Just because they don't have sex with woman doesn't mean they are not having sex. BREAKING THIS OATH
Protestant clergymen don't take this oath.
Married protestant clergy have sex with congregants which is adultery. Unmarried protestant clergy have sex with congregants which is fornication. They both do it at a far higher rate than priests who break their vow of celibacy. I assume it means they're breaking their 'oaths', if such oaths exist in protestantism, I don't know.

Again, the question is; if protestant clergymen/women have sex outside of marriage and get the clap, is it not as bad as a gay priest who gets AIDS?

I mean, you were the one who made the post about sexually transmitted diseases in the first place LTM. Why can't you deal with the sin in your own communities?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419422 Feb 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>mary knew who her son was. wever the brothers were in doubt.
Remeber Christ also told Mary his time had not come when she asked for the water to be turned to wine.
Yes, but He performed the miracle anyway. And remember, she told the servant to do whatever He asks. She also tells us to do whatever He asks.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419423 Feb 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but He performed the miracle anyway. And remember, she told the servant to do whatever He asks. She also tells us to do whatever He asks.
Why the comment I was not in dispute about the miracle etc.

Albuquerque, NM

#419424 Feb 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
LTM wrote:
ROMANS 10: YOU SHOULD READ IT ANTHONY, ITS CLEAR WHAT IT SAYS.
I AM INTERPRETING NOTHING. ITS FROM THE HOLY SCRIPTURE IT IS MEANT FOR US TO READ GOD WANTS YOU TO READ IT.
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
if anything, "Paul" or "God" isn't demanding anyone to read it, but you sure are.
Prove to the forum that "God" said for us to read the Bible.
You do have a specific statement from "God" to Moses, right?
Or are you going to make things up, like your co-patriots, and go into some wild-eyed tangent? Please don't.
Just post the citation to where "God" is saying to all of mankind to read the Bible.
I'll wait.
<quoted text>
"YOU SHOULD READ IT ANTHONY, ITS CLEAR WHAT IT SAYS......GOD WANTS YOU TO READ IT. "
Prove it.
That is what I initially asked you to do.
And lookie here LTM - you avoided it.
Why do so-called "Christians" promote honesty and truth, when you can't even provide the truths you promote?
Why do you mislead others?
I'll ask again...
"Prove to the forum that "God" said for us to read the Bible.
You do have a specific statement from "God" to Moses, right?
Or are you going to make things up, like your co-patriots, and go into some wild-eyed tangent? Please don't.
Just post the citation to where "God" is saying to all of mankind to read the Bible."
THis is where honesty comes into play LTM - let's see how well you can use it.
Sometimes it is better to stay silent on the things you don't know.

I understand.

Self.

Honesty.

Good luck.

Albuquerque, NM

#419425 Feb 1, 2013
The above post was directed to
LTM".

My apologies for not included that part.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419426 Feb 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Why the comment I was not in dispute about the miracle etc.
Sorry 'bout that. In defending Mary from the onslaught of attacks from ignorant pretenders like LTM you got caught in the cross-fire.

I hope your statement was meant to rebuke LTM's stupidity stating that Mary was embarrassed by Jesus.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419427 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was embarrassed. Mary took a long time to figure out Jesus was her Saviour.

I guess He would've been better off having you two around to keep everybody straight.

Incredible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... 3 hr hmm 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 8,699
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 12 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 14 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web